NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Commend Gay (Version 4)

A record of historical World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Kaboomlandia
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7356
Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:26 am

Consular wrote:I will be interested to see how people vote.

I rarely vote based solely on the identity of the author; this is one of those times. I'm not supporting this.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9007
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:37 am

Kaboomlandia wrote:
Consular wrote:I will be interested to see how people vote.

I rarely vote based solely on the identity of the author; this is one of those times. I'm not supporting this.

:(

Cheeksam wrote:
Imperium Anglorum wrote:This proposal is, as of posting, four approvals from queue. With 1 day 11 hours until expiration, it will almost certainly make quorum.

Lets hope Cesnica doesn't do anymore thread jacking...


Could you elaborate?
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

User avatar
Leutria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1728
Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Leutria » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Jakker wrote:It's important to note that Gay has always been (and may still be) against raiding players in their region. There have been incidences where a player who identifies within the LGBTQ community has been shunned and virtually pushed aside because they engage or previously engaged in raiding in-game. If people want to commend a region that treats in-game matters more importantly than the RL issues and the community they claim to champion, so be it.

Thank you for bringing this to light. That changes my vote on this matter.

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2764
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 pm

Jakker wrote:It's important to note that Gay has always been (and may still be) against raiding players in their region. There have been incidences where a player who identifies within the LGBTQ community has been shunned and virtually pushed aside because they engage or previously engaged in raiding in-game. If people want to commend a region that treats in-game matters more importantly than the RL issues and the community they claim to champion, so be it.

This came up repeatedly when a previous author wanted to commend BearNation, and nothing has substantially changed since then. I'm not in favor of commending an LGBTQ region that excludes LGBTQ players or treats them as second class citizens based on gameplay ideology. Gay has always done that, and as a result of such exclusionary policies has completely failed to be a safe haven for all LGBTQ players.

Against.

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 4966
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:24 am

Defender morality strikes again!
How to fix the Balkans
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
Lord Ravenclaw
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Ravenclaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:16 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Jakker wrote:It's important to note that Gay has always been (and may still be) against raiding players in their region. There have been incidences where a player who identifies within the LGBTQ community has been shunned and virtually pushed aside because they engage or previously engaged in raiding in-game. If people want to commend a region that treats in-game matters more importantly than the RL issues and the community they claim to champion, so be it.

This came up repeatedly when a previous author wanted to commend BearNation, and nothing has substantially changed since then. I'm not in favor of commending an LGBTQ region that excludes LGBTQ players or treats them as second class citizens based on gameplay ideology. Gay has always done that, and as a result of such exclusionary policies has completely failed to be a safe haven for all LGBTQ players.

Against.


This is something that I recall as concerning me a fair bit when I considered Gay as a potential place to visit post my Osiris Delegacy in 2014. I'd like to hear from Gay and be assured that this has changed, but looking at the WFE it seems that I will be disappointed.

The RL community is divided as well, so I can't say I'm surprised the NS version also seeks to divide people on their own criteria. :/
Lord Ravenclaw
Recovered Feederite

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9007
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:45 am

With all of your points, you guys do have a good reason to not support this. However, don't you think Gay's accomplishments, achievements, and pros outweigh the bad stuff? I personally think they do.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

User avatar
Lord Ravenclaw
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Ravenclaw » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:34 am

That was my initial thought Cesnica, I want to be able to say that there is a place for someone of my sexuality on NS that we can always use as a bastion and example of the equal rights movement. But I'm not a defender, if anything I've done a whole lot to damage defenderism's influence in the GCRs over the last five years. So the idea that because my in-character political views and political activism in NS has rendered me unsuitable for a community named after my very sexuality is a strangely odd one to think about.

Again, I'd really like to hear from someone within Gay to reassure me about this. I want to be able to support this.
Last edited by Lord Ravenclaw on Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Ravenclaw
Recovered Feederite

User avatar
Cerillium
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 12455
Founded: Oct 27, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerillium » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:17 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:With all of your points, you guys do have a good reason to not support this. However, don't you think Gay's accomplishments, achievements, and pros outweigh the bad stuff? I personally think they do.

I don't. I'm disgusted by it. The LGBT+ community is ostracized enough in real life. Often the only venue available to young players is online. Regions such as Gay exist in order to give them a sense of belonging. They need a place where being gay is okay. When that region puts their politics before an individual's needs, it becomes one more tear in that person's self esteem.

Gameplayer: "I'm gay, tho."
Region: "Doen't matter. You suck."

I do not support this. I won't support anything that reflects bias against gay gameplayers based solely on their involvement, no matter how small, in a metagame.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

User avatar
Jakker
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 2934
Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:02 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:With all of your points, you guys do have a good reason to not support this. However, don't you think Gay's accomplishments, achievements, and pros outweigh the bad stuff? I personally think they do.


I'd argue that with the fact that they are not welcoming to all LGBTQ members, several of your clauses lose a lot of validity. Therefore, what is left is that Gay has been a defending-leaning region for a while that has had a large population and passed "Gay Rights."

While the passage of the resolution is significant, the rest is not very unique or highly commendable.
Last edited by Jakker on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 79496
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:14 am

Jakker wrote:It's important to note that Gay has always been (and may still be) against raiding players in their region. There have been incidences where a player who identifies within the LGBTQ community has been shunned and virtually pushed aside because they engage or previously engaged in raiding in-game. If people want to commend a region that treats in-game matters more importantly than the RL issues and the community they claim to champion, so be it.

Officially raiders are not allowed. This is mainly because in the past the region has been raided, you can't blame a region for not wanting raiders in after it's seen a few attempted raids.

In practice nobody really cares if you where a former raider or a raider who is just stopping by.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Thermodolia
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 79496
Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Anarchy

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:18 am

Cormactopia Prime wrote:
Jakker wrote:It's important to note that Gay has always been (and may still be) against raiding players in their region. There have been incidences where a player who identifies within the LGBTQ community has been shunned and virtually pushed aside because they engage or previously engaged in raiding in-game. If people want to commend a region that treats in-game matters more importantly than the RL issues and the community they claim to champion, so be it.

This came up repeatedly when a previous author wanted to commend BearNation, and nothing has substantially changed since then. I'm not in favor of commending an LGBTQ region that excludes LGBTQ players or treats them as second class citizens based on gameplay ideology. Gay has always done that, and as a result of such exclusionary policies has completely failed to be a safe haven for all LGBTQ players.

Against.

Well when you have been raided in the past and have had multiple attempted raids you really cannot blame a region for not wanting raiders in. Maybe if some raiders decided that gay shouldn't be raided then the policy might change.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

User avatar
Bears Armed
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 21608
Founded: Jun 01, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bears Armed » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:40 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:This came up repeatedly when a previous author wanted to commend BearNation, and nothing has substantially changed since then. I'm not in favor of commending an LGBTQ region that excludes LGBTQ players or treats them as second class citizens based on gameplay ideology. Gay has always done that, and as a result of such exclusionary policies has completely failed to be a safe haven for all LGBTQ players.

Against.

Well when you have been raided in the past and have had multiple attempted raids you really cannot blame a region for not wanting raiders in. Maybe if some raiders decided that gay shouldn't be raided then the policy might change.

That sounds reasonable to me.
The Confrederated Clans (and other Confrederated Bodys) of the Free Bears of Bears Armed
(includes The Ursine NorthLands) Demonym = Bear[s]; adjective = ‘Urrsish’.
Population = just under 20 million. Economy = only Thriving. Average Life expectancy = c.60 years. If the nation is classified as 'Anarchy' there still is a [strictly limited] national government... and those aren't "biker gangs", they're traditional cross-Clan 'Warrior Societies', generally respected rather than feared.
Author of some GA Resolutions, via Bears Armed Mission; subject of an SC resolution.
Factbook. We have more than 70 MAPS. Visitors' Guide.
The IDU's WA Drafting Room is open to help you.
Author of issues #429, 712, 729, 934, 1120, 1152, 1474, 1521.

User avatar
Keshahk
Political Columnist
 
Posts: 2
Founded: Aug 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Keshahk » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:23 am

I am against gay for the reason I am against what essentially is a mental, illness. There are two sexes/genders. THAT IS FINAL

User avatar
Sanctaria
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7928
Founded: Sep 12, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sanctaria » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:32 am

Keshahk wrote:I am against gay for the reason I am against what essentially is a mental, illness. There are two sexes/genders. THAT IS FINAL

So I don't think you actually know what homosexuality is which is 50/50 both hilarious and concerning.

As for the proposal at hand, against. The LGBT community should know better than to cast out those who are different. Shame on Gay.
Divine Federation of Sanctaria

Ideological Bulwark #258

Dr. Bethany Greer CMD, Sanctarian Ambassador to the World Assembly
Author of:
GA#109 GA#133 GA#176 GA#201 GA#222 GA#297
GA#590 (Co)
Frisbeeteria wrote:Do people not realize that moderators can tell when someone is wanking?

Luna Amore wrote:Sanc is always watching. Ever vigilant.

Auralia wrote:Your condescending attitude is remarkably annoying.

User avatar
Lord Ravenclaw
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 401
Founded: Dec 31, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord Ravenclaw » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:17 am

Sanctaria wrote:
Keshahk wrote:I am against gay for the reason I am against what essentially is a mental, illness. There are two sexes/genders. THAT IS FINAL

So I don't think you actually know what homosexuality is which is 50/50 both hilarious and concerning.

As for the proposal at hand, against. The LGBT community should know better than to cast out those who are different. Shame on Gay.


I think he's trying to say that people who are LGBT etc are mentally ill. Then he went on to make an anti-Trans statement, which shows that he doesn't actually understand what this thread is about either.
Lord Ravenclaw
Recovered Feederite

User avatar
Jakker
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 2934
Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:51 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:This came up repeatedly when a previous author wanted to commend BearNation, and nothing has substantially changed since then. I'm not in favor of commending an LGBTQ region that excludes LGBTQ players or treats them as second class citizens based on gameplay ideology. Gay has always done that, and as a result of such exclusionary policies has completely failed to be a safe haven for all LGBTQ players.

Against.

Well when you have been raided in the past and have had multiple attempted raids you really cannot blame a region for not wanting raiders in. Maybe if some raiders decided that gay shouldn't be raided then the policy might change.


Not really reasonable since you have an active founder and there has not been any raid attempt in years. I know for a fact that there was a raider who was gay IRL and really wanted to get more involved in the region and you all wouldn't let them.

Furthermore, few regions have a rule like this (even those that have been raided in the past). Again, it's your region and you all can do what you wish. But I don't see a reason to pass a proposal for a region who is supposedly inclusive and welcoming when that is not truly the case.
Last edited by Jakker on Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
Wrapper
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 6020
Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wrapper » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:10 am

Keshahk wrote:I am against gay for the reason I am against what essentially is a mental, illness. There are two sexes/genders. THAT IS FINAL

Keshahk, this comment crosses the line as trolling. Please refer to the site rules (in my signature, the One Stop Rules Shop (OSRS)) and do try to play by the rules. Thank you.

User avatar
Alvalero
Envoy
 
Posts: 235
Founded: Jun 05, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alvalero » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:25 am

"Admiring Gay's status as a Defender Region, a position that they have held since their inception, and their constant quest to help fight off raiders from fellow regions, which can be seen from their membership in the Founderless Regions Alliance (FRA)- an alliance that had served to protect founderless regions from the tyranny of raider organizations for over 10 years,"

Not a commendable action merely an alignment choice. What the region accomplished itself in the defender sphere would be a more apt reason to include. While being able to resist invasion is a positive for the region, a region doing things within itself I also do not see as commendable by the international community.

As for not welcoming raiders, I do understand not wanting people from regions/organisations that have sought to conquer yours however I would like to know if this extends to raiders who are not part of those regions/organisations. That being said, excluding people from regions that have caused no harm based on their in-game alignment would go against the apparent non-discriminate nature of the region. While I do support a regions right to discriminate when it comes to accepting new citizens, this would in my eyes mean that any part of a commendation for the region mentioning it as a region that doesn't discriminate based on background would be a completely false statement and would need to be removed.


However, don't you think Gay's accomplishments, achievements, and pros outweigh the bad stuff? I personally think they do.

While I agree that a region can be commended for the pursuit of LGBT rights across NS which have improved the NS community, the commendation must relinquish the parts that are either not commendable or untrue. I don't have a problem supporting a proposal where the region in question has achieved more positives than negatives however I don't support proposals that have parts which I don't agree with in it. Until these parts are changed then I will be voting against this resolution.
Last edited by Alvalero on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zander Cerebella
Prince of Aarhus

Duke of New Hyperion(Wintreath)
Autarch of New Hyperion

Former Delegate, Vice Delegate & Statsminister of Balder

User avatar
Cormactopia Prime
Minister
 
Posts: 2764
Founded: Sep 21, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cormactopia Prime » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:37 am

Jakker wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Well when you have been raided in the past and have had multiple attempted raids you really cannot blame a region for not wanting raiders in. Maybe if some raiders decided that gay shouldn't be raided then the policy might change.


Not really reasonable since you have an active founder and there has not been any raid attempt in years. I know for a fact that there was a raider who was gay IRL and really wanted to get more involved in the region and you all wouldn't let them.

I know him too. He was trying to get involved there when I wanted to get involved there as a new player in early 2012, and was discouraged when it was made clear that raiders -- by which they meant anyone who had raided in the past, not even just active raiders -- would be treated as second class citizens. He still kept trying to get involved even after I gave up because it was clear I wasn't welcome. I don't think it worked out for him.

Under no circumstances should Gay be commended for being welcoming to LGBTQ+ people, because it isn't -- not to all of us. You add insult to injury when you not only attempt to deceptively commend them for that, but also add their "resilience to raider organizations" as grounds for commendation. Their "resilience" against LGBTQ+ raiders isn't commendable; it's actually pretty appalling that they would exclude us based on silly gameplay stuff when their region is supposed to be about serious advocacy for all LGBTQ+ people. The raiders who have tried to participate there aren't trying to raid them.

It might be different if Gay were founderless, but it isn't. Their exclusion of LGBTQ+ raiders is exclusion for the sake of exclusion, and nothing more.
Last edited by Cormactopia Prime on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 4966
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:57 am

If you believe that homosexuality is great you should vote against this because Gay is not at all actually inclusive of or friendly to the LGBT community as a whole.

If you believe that homosexuality is immoral/a mental illness/whatever you should vote against this for obvious reasons.

If you don't care you should vote against this because Gay has actively participated in the destruction of perfectly innocent regional communities through participation in the FRA.

On the whole, I'm not seeing any reasons to vote for this resolution. Gay is more deserving of a Condemnation than a Commendation
How to fix the Balkans
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

User avatar
The Stalker
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1236
Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Stalker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:03 pm

First I would like to say I know raiders are welcome in Gay.

The instant that caused this public perception of anti-raider sentiment was when a raider, who I believe is now Dos, joined Gay and tried to shift their defender status to independent. A vote was held, they were out voted and got rather heated about it decrying Gay as some raider hating villain, which I feel is very unfair characterization.

Their wfe even states; "LGBTQ and straight ally raiders are welcome so long as they respect our defender status."

They also share embassies with Osiris, and I know are working towards better relations with raiders.

The other issue folks have is over a dated rule preventing raiders holding high offices in the region. Left over from the days Gay was founderless and something I know BearNation plans to change.

This rule is also likely due to the fact they elect their founder. Something I consider crazy, but they are a democracy through and through.

It is my hope Gay does get around to updating their laws and changing this public miss perception.
Last edited by The Stalker on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Mad King of Hell
I am the "who" when you call, "Who's there?"
Hell's Bells: Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee.
This isn't Wall Street, this is Hell. We have a little something called integrity.
And I heard as it were the noise of thunder, One of the four beasts saying come and see and I saw, and behold...

User avatar
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9007
Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 pm

The Stalker wrote:First I would like to say I know raiders are welcome in Gay.

The instant that caused this public perception of anti-raider sentiment was when a raider, who I believe is now Dos, joined Gay and tried to shift their defender status to independent. A vote was held, they were out voted and got rather heated about it decrying Gay as some raider hating villain, which I feel is very unfair characterization.

Their wfe even states; "LGBTQ and straight ally raiders are welcome so long as they respect our defender status."

They also share embassies with Osiris, and I know are working towards better relations with raiders.

The other issue folks have is over a dated rule preventing raiders holding high offices in the region. Left over from the days Gay was founderless and something I know BearNation plans to change.

This rule is also likely due to the fact they elect their founder. Something I consider crazy, but they are a democracy through and through.

It is my hope Gay does get around to updating their laws and changing this public miss perception.

More people should know this. I would also like to thank everyone who has supported me and this resolution.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

User avatar
Jakker
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 2934
Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:19 pm

The Stalker wrote:First I would like to say I know raiders are welcome in Gay.

The instant that caused this public perception of anti-raider sentiment was when a raider, who I believe is now Dos, joined Gay and tried to shift their defender status to independent. A vote was held, they were out voted and got rather heated about it decrying Gay as some raider hating villain, which I feel is very unfair characterization.

Their wfe even states; "LGBTQ and straight ally raiders are welcome so long as they respect our defender status."

They also share embassies with Osiris, and I know are working towards better relations with raiders.

The other issue folks have is over a dated rule preventing raiders holding high offices in the region. Left over from the days Gay was founderless and something I know BearNation plans to change.

This rule is also likely due to the fact they elect their founder. Something I consider crazy, but they are a democracy through and through.

It is my hope Gay does get around to updating their laws and changing this public miss perception.


I'm pretty sure it was mentioned when the founder was up for commendation that their laws would be updated as well. This has gone on for quite some time with no visible action. I would think that for any space that wants to be welcoming to their community regardless of ideology, they would do everything in their power to make that clear. I just don't understand why that has not happened.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

User avatar
The North Polish Union
Senator
 
Posts: 4966
Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The North Polish Union » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:24 pm

The Stalker wrote:First I would like to say I know raiders are welcome in Gay.

The instant that caused this public perception of anti-raider sentiment was when a raider, who I believe is now Dos, joined Gay and tried to shift their defender status to independent. A vote was held, they were out voted and got rather heated about it decrying Gay as some raider hating villain, which I feel is very unfair characterization.

Their wfe even states; "LGBTQ and straight ally raiders are welcome so long as they respect our defender status."

They also share embassies with Osiris, and I know are working towards better relations with raiders.

The other issue folks have is over a dated rule preventing raiders holding high offices in the region. Left over from the days Gay was founderless and something I know BearNation plans to change.

This rule is also likely due to the fact they elect their founder. Something I consider crazy, but they are a democracy through and through.

It is my hope Gay does get around to updating their laws and changing this public miss perception.

Even if that's the case (and I genuinely doubt it is) the desire to right wrongs in a region's past is not in itself commendable. If it is the case, it'd be better to wait a few years and see how these reforms pan out before bringing up a commendation again. Note though that even if this does become rectified I will still personally be voting against because of Gay's past actions
How to fix the Balkans
Hakinda Herseyi Duymak istiyorum wrote:keep your wet opinions to yourself. Byzantium and Ottoman will not come again. Whoever thinks of this wet dream will feel the power of the Republic's secular army.
Minskiev wrote:You are GP's dross.
Petrovsegratsk wrote:NPU, I know your clearly a Polish nationalist, but wtf is up with your obssession with resurrecting the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth?
The yoshin empire wrote:Grouping russians with slavs is like grouping germans with french , the two are so culturally different.

.
Balansujcie dopóki się da, a gdy się już nie da, podpalcie świat!
Author of S.C. Res. № 137
POLAND
STRONG!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads