NATION

PASSWORD

[OOC] Life finds a way.

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:35 am

I'm good wherever, honestly; I mean, Charlie/Bones and his group have probably been active for like 15-ish years, give or take, and that means - as a nomadic group - they've probably run into a few people here and there, and have probably traveled a rather decent distance, even if they travel primarily by walking and don't have a working car at the time. Currently, they don't have a vehicle.

Not to mention that the Strong's roster has, beyond Hack and Bones, probably changed a lot about who's the major players and who are just feral humans that follow Bones' lead/orders. Mouse took the place of Tick, who died five years ago timeline-wise. And a good thing, too; Tick was more like a "vampire" than a cannibal. Tended to filter/dilute blood with water and such, and then drink it; actually ate animal meat and such, most of the time. Sometimes used a filtered pipe and stuff to literally drain people like tapping trees for sap.

Honestly, writing the background for Mouse and involving Tick - what little backstory was hinted at for him - made me feel disturbed.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:19 am

Hm, I'll work on the IC today, I'm probably going to go for Colorado though, I'm liking the geography around there.

Fantrum
Senator

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:56 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Hm, I'll work on the IC today, I'm probably going to go for Colorado though, I'm liking the geography around there.

Makes it easy for me then! Maddie doesn't need to go far, and if she ever wants she can finally try to go home and see what happened to her family.
"I expected you to be an eggplant." - Felkesjud
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante
"I imagine Fantrum as Flippy." - Danz Herlmon

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:01 pm

Fantrum wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Hm, I'll work on the IC today, I'm probably going to go for Colorado though, I'm liking the geography around there.

Makes it easy for me then! Maddie doesn't need to go far, and if she ever wants she can finally try to go home and see what happened to her family.

*Calls the plot point of them being killed by Bones 'n Crew.*

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:32 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Fantrum wrote:Makes it easy for me then! Maddie doesn't need to go far, and if she ever wants she can finally try to go home and see what happened to her family.

Honestly, wouldn't surprise me. Given 15 years, depending on if they came from east or west, Bones and his Strong would've probably been able to get to Colorado. Hell, it's only 23-ish days worth of walking to get to Colorado from Maryland, and 2 weeks worth of walking to get from Cali to Colorado. 15 years is more than enough for that.

I wonder; if everyone else are in a group or groups already, which group will find the most recently destroyed encampment that was hunted by the Strong? And who knows if the Strong aren't still nearby? :p

Will be fun to see how it all plays out.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Fantrum wrote:Makes it easy for me then! Maddie doesn't need to go far, and if she ever wants she can finally try to go home and see what happened to her family.

Don't worry, there's another much wider story going to be at play too. ;)

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:59 pm

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:

Pls Vekta, I cant handle this cock teasing
"I think this entire role-play should just be turned into a dating simulator." - Violante

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:20 pm

Fantrum wrote:
The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:

Pls Vekta, I cant handle this cock teasing

I'll post an IC tomorrow, since I'll finally have a day off. It'll probably be late/mid afternoon GMT.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:35 pm

Tag. This looks pretty cool, and is right up my alley.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:36 pm

Character Application.

NS Name: United Human Planets
Roleplay Sample: From Federation Of Allies Great Regional War

(I am also The Twelve Isles. If You want me too, I can log on to that account to prove it, if it makes you feel better.)

Character Name: Jimmy Barrow
Character Age: 19
Character Gender: Male
Character Personality: Loud and brash, with a bubbly personality that is at all times both annoying and endearing, making him a wonderful people person.
Appearance:

Character Backstory: Jimmy was born in Louisiana in the small town of Killjoy 1 year after the plague wiped out the vast majority of humans. The town was able to survive the apocalypse by self quarantine early in the outbreak, and as a result escaped the vast majority of the carnage that followed. Both of Jimmy's parents had been teachers before the apocalypse, and had become farmers afterward. His early life was one of monotony, (at least in his mind) waking up early, tending to the livestock, harvesting the tomatoes and corn that they grew, rinse wash and repeat. As he grew up, Jimmy started to dream of traveling the world. Scavengers and traders had come in from up north, and told stories of the Rocky Mountains, the forests of Northern California, the brutal deserts of the Southwest, the grand cities of the East Coast, and so much more to stoke the fires of imagination of a young boy.

Jimmy tried to venture out on his own for the first time at 14, leaving and deciding to travel up the Mississippi to see the ruins of St Louis and find his fortune in scrap there. Instead he made it two days in before he was bitten by a snake in the bayou, and only barley survived when a group of hunters found him. Most would have given up there, but Jimmy was determined, and the next year he set out for the second time. He set out on his second foray into the world thinking that he had learned so much, but instead of making it to St Louis he broke his arm a day in, and was once again forced to return home. His third attempt, at the age of 16, would prove to be the winner, and Jimmy set out to see the ruins of the United States.

Now, three years later, Jimmy is a full fledged adventurer (at least he thinks he is), but still the wide eyed idealist he was at 16. Much of his life is occupied by walking and hunting, but he has managed to establish a reputation as an all around jack of all trades in a few scattered settlements. Every new discovery is a great one for Jimmy. From as big and exited as fixing up an old pick up truck on his own, to as small as discovering that the little dark berries were edible. (Some people later told him that they were called blueberries. They were old folks, so he was willing to take their word for it.) The car sadly broke down, but its OK with Jimmy. As far as he is concerned, it just gives him more time to admire the scenery.

Character Equipment: An old hatchet, a Winchester Model 70, a box of 112 .30-06 bullets, SAS Maverick Hunting Bow, 12 arrows, m1911, a plastic baggie of 50 .45 bullets, A buck knife a metal mess kit, a North Face backpack, 12 packs of Marlboro Red 100's (prime stuff, even if they are old as dirt), one sheepskin jacket, 3 pairs of pants, (two cargo pants, one jeans) one pair of cowboy boots, (his prized possession's) one Stetson Austral cowboy hat, one scarf, one quilt (His mother made it for him after he was born, and its been with him ever since)
Character Supplies: One fire starter kit, 3 days worth of food, (5 if your careful) 2 canteens of water, water purifier, (found still in package, still yet to be tested) bottle of alcohol, 2 syringes, morphine, bandages.
Other Information: Jimmy is not only great with people, but is great with animals as well. He dreams of getting a horse, but hasn't been successful the few times he's tried to catch and break a wild one.

Fantrum
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Fantrum » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 am

All these characters have bows and guns :( at least mine can use a sword...

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 am

Fantrum wrote:All these characters have bows and guns :( at least mine can use a sword...

To be fair, Bones is the only one who has a gun (for me). Hack just has a big ax which, using his rather large frame, can probably let him chop people to bits pretty easily... but that means he has to get into melee range, and the person has to be cornered, injured or on the ground. Mouse only has a pocket knife, and she has to give it to Bones before going to infiltrate someplace.

The rest of Bones' group carry various makeshift weaponry, some of which are made of carved animal or human bone in a similar manner to Bones and his bone-spear and skull-helmet and some of his bone-armor.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:53 am

Fantrum wrote:All these characters have bows and guns :( at least mine can use a sword...

I gave my character the rifle and the bow so that he could hunt for his food. The pistol is really the only thing he has to fight humans, though he could use any of his weapons for that.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:39 am

United Human Planets wrote:
Character Application.

NS Name: United Human Planets
Roleplay Sample: From Federation Of Allies Great Regional War

(I am also The Twelve Isles. If You want me too, I can log on to that account to prove it, if it makes you feel better.)

Character Name: Jimmy Barrow
Character Personality: Loud and brash, with a bubbly personality that is at all times both annoying and endearing, making him a wonderful people person.
Appearance:

Character Backstory: Jimmy was born in Louisiana in the small town of Killjoy 1 year after the plague wiped out the vast majority of humans. The town was able to survive the apocalypse by self quarantine early in the outbreak, and as a result escaped the vast majority of the carnage that followed. Both of Jimmy's parents had been teachers before the apocalypse, and had become farmers afterward. His early life was one of monotony, (at least in his mind) waking up early, tending to the livestock, harvesting the tomatoes and corn that they grew, rinse wash and repeat. As he grew up, Jimmy started to dream of traveling the world. Scavengers and traders had come in from up north, and told stories of the Rocky Mountains, the forests of Northern California, the brutal deserts of the Southwest, the grand cities of the East Coast, and so much more to stoke the fires of imagination of a young boy.

Jimmy tried to venture out on his own for the first time at 14, leaving and deciding to travel up the Mississippi to see the ruins of St Louis and find his fortune in scrap there. Instead he made it two days in before he was bitten by a snake in the bayou, and only barley survived when a group of hunters found him. Most would have given up there, but Jimmy was determined, and the next year he set out for the second time. He set out on his second foray into the world thinking that he had learned so much, but instead of making it to St Louis he broke his arm a day in, and was once again forced to return home. His third attempt, at the age of 16, would prove to be the winner, and Jimmy set out to see the ruins of the United States.

Now, three years later, Jimmy is a full fledged adventurer (at least he thinks he is), but still the wide eyed idealist he was at 16. Much of his life is occupied by walking and hunting, but he has managed to establish a reputation as an all around jack of all trades in a few scattered settlements. Every new discovery is a great one for Jimmy. From as big and exited as fixing up an old pick up truck on his own, to as small as discovering that the little dark berries were edible. (Some people later told him that they were called blueberries. They were old folks, so he was willing to take their word for it.) The car sadly broke down, but its OK with Jimmy. As far as he is concerned, it just gives him more time to admire the scenery.

Character Equipment: An old hatchet, a Winchester Model 70, a box of 112 .30-06 bullets, SAS Maverick Hunting Bow, 12 arrows, m1911, a plastic baggie of 50 .45 bullets, A buck knife a metal mess kit, a North Face backpack, 12 packs of Marlboro Red 100's (prime stuff, even if they are old as dirt), one sheepskin jacket, 3 pairs of pants, (two cargo pants, one jeans) one pair of cowboy boots, (his prized possession's) one Stetson Austral cowboy hat, one scarf, one quilt (His mother made it for him after he was born, and its been with him ever since)
Character Supplies: One fire starter kit, 3 days worth of food, (5 if your careful) 2 canteens of water, water purifier, (found still in package, still yet to be tested) bottle of alcohol, 2 syringes, morphine, bandages.
Other Information: Jimmy is not only great with people, but is great with animals as well. He dreams of getting a horse, but hasn't been successful the few times he's tried to catch and break a wild one.

Accepted my man.

And Fantrum, the teasing will soon be over.. Very soon..

Like right now soon.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:22 am

Character Application.

NS Name: Skylus
Roleplay Sample: Hogwarts

Character Name: Derek Forester
Character Gender: M
Character Personality: not used to people since he's been alone for so long, if someone steps foot on his property he sometimes hides until he knows if they're just passing by or going to raid the house. If they are going to raid, then he goes all out; if they're just passing by, he lets them go
Appearance: typical British guy with blue eyes and blonde hair, not exactly buff but he can carry up to 50 pounds of whatever

Character Backstory: Derek was born to British immigrants on June 20th, 2020 in Gilead, Maine (near US highway 2). Their house was a massive three story old mansion, the backyard seemed to be an endless forest. Due to his parent's position in society, Derek received the best possible schooling, with survival lessons from his father. His parents had survived the illness but were both killed when the house was raided around 5 years prior to the RP. Since then, Derek has lived in the house, keeping everyone away and living off the land.
He didn't see his parents die, nor knew that they had died until he came across 2 broken up mauled on skeletons wearing his parents clothing. A hawk had broken into the house and injured the raiders enough that they had to flee. Derek somehow tamed the thing - she has been his companion ever since.

Character Equipment: There were many weapons in the mansion before the plague hit. Of course, the whole place was ransacked, but Derek managed to get some weapons and supplies hidden away. The weapons include: a one handed sword, a bow with a quiver of 20 arrows, dynamite (why not), a small dagger
Character Supplies: An old canteen with a mock filtration system, herbs, matches to light stuff on fire, several changes of clothing (5 pairs of jeans, 5 t- shirts, various underclothing) whatever food is left in the house (quite a lot but it'll run out eventually)
Other Information: Derek is still living in the mansion as of now; he managed to catch a wild horse and uses her to hunt down animals in the forest/help farm crops for food, the hawk is now 6 years old
Last edited by Skylus on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Calindelo
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Calindelo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:36 am

Character Application.

NS Name: Calindelo
Roleplay Sample: The Democritus Times (Region RP)

Character Name: Turner
Character Personality: Turner tends to be alone, having printed on his mind that groups will just end, taking everyone you love. His life were plagued by death, war, and sadness. He's not that all insane, as he loves and protects his friends, but if you get on his bad side, he'll show his sadistic and deranged mind.
Appearance:
Turner is a quick and agile lad, standing at 5'7, and weighing around 120 pounds. He has dark brown, poorly cut, short hair, hence he wears a salvaged cap of an unknown sport. He wears a dirty plain fitted dark blue shirt, with little rips and tears, and on top a grayish black windbreaker. He sports a black baggy sweatpants with a check mark on it, and he wears a black/red running shoes that he wore throughout his teenage life. He has around 20+ scars and marks scattered around his body, most of which are from free running buildings, or even encounters from cannibalistic groups.

Character Backstory: Turner was born on the first few years of the Frankfurt flu, or as the pessimistic person would say, "The Apocalypse".

His exact date of birth is unknown, but it is certain that he was born around 2020. He was born in the location of pre-outbreak Salt Lake City by a non immune mother, who was raped by an immune anarchist. Turner somehow carried his father's immunity. At the young age of just 2 years old, his mother fell ill to the Frankfurt Flu, and he was given by a friend of his mother, and into a new settlement, at Vernal, Utah, where the Flu killed at least 95% of the settlement, with the remaining 5% immune. This happened just 6 months after he was given away. Later, a raiding group investigated the settlement and was tasked to kill any survivors, one of the raiders, simply called "Mark" found a 2 year old child on the arms of an injured woman he just shot. She tells him the kid's basic needs and information. Mark have no choice but to bring the child with him at the Raider community at Cleveland. Since the woman failed to give Mark the child's name, he simply named him "Turner", because fellow raiders gave the child a pink hat, and this reminds Mark of a TV show he always watched as a kid.

There, he learned to fight, scavenge, Freerun, and hunt. He was the most smart, and feared kid in the state. Well, settlement. When he was 13, the community went north to scavenge more food and water, and ultimately settled in Rock Springs, WY. The group found out that the city was ransacked, and nearly nothing was left. Soon, they were attacked by another group, who made the same mistake as Turner's group. Mark and Turner managed to escape with the group's supply of food and water without anyone noticing. There, they stole a fully fueled sedan of the opposing group and managed to safely arrive at Rawlins WY. On the way, Turner learned how to drive.

At Rawlins, they teamed up with another group with at least 20 members, and met a perfect motherly figure, Mary. She was the leader of the group in Rawlins. Soon after the arrival of Mark and Turner, they started heading east to Cheyenne, on the way, the group started breaking apart, as food and water rations were low, the group fell apart with poor leadership, and soon, Mary started suggesting crazier and crazier ideas, the people knew she was out of it and killed her while she was asleep, Turner didn't understand and hated every single one of his groupmates, including Mark.

Just a few miles off Cheyenne, Turner secretly abandoned the group and holed up in the Buford village few miles west of Cheyenne, he discovered a cannibalistic group in the Buford village, but he didn't know that, he was given a bed to sleep on. A few hours later, he was awaken by the pain of a skinning knife piercing his left arm, he killed the man skinning him with his own knife and killed everyone in the small village, be it children or elderly. After his rampage, he claimed his rampage knife as his prized possession. Nonetheless, he decided to take the village for himself, and lived there for at least 3 years. Even going in and out of Cheyenne, climbing buildings, scouting, and even hesitated with joining the group in the city.

When he was 16, a family of 3 decided to settle in Buford, he made friends with the family and had an intimate relationship with their daughter. He was curious what the family was running from, and they told him the story of the survivor community at Cheyenne, where the leader became power hungry, wanting to be the best community around North America and paranoid of an attack. He started killing off the old and weak as they were liabilities, The parents of the family were senior citizens, hence considered a liability. But, they were given a chance to leave. Most of the people have gone south to Colorado, or east to Nebraska, and they were the only ones who left going west to the Wyoming side, hoping good luck for others to help them. They were indeed lucky and Turner embraced his new family.

Once he was 18, he headed west alone to siphon gas from the cars in Interstate 80, there he spotted a group of around 100, he realized that this was the group that fought Turner's group back in Rock Springs. Using his intellect, he made up a plan to destroy the Community at Cheyenne for his new found family, and take revenge for his lost group. He plans to act as a defector from the Cheyenne community and "Join" the raiding group and persuade them to invade the Community, for they are "Lacking Arsenal and Men, along with a great stockpile of food." The group decides to invade Cheyenne.

Turner Comes Back to his family and told them his plan, his lover seemed skeptical about the plan and her father replied with "Mark wouldn't like this." Turner then finds out Mark is still alive and has a high position in the community, he meets him in the Community and tells him about the fate of the Cheyenne community. Turner persuaded Mark to leave the Community, along with Turner's family. Mark agrees as the group attacks Cheyenne, when Mark and Turner were sneaking past the battle, they were spotted by the group and was being attacked. Mark pushes Turner to leave without him, and tells him that he'll come and meet Turner in Buford. He never did.

On the way to Buford, Turner sees at least 10 of the group's men were raiding his village, after quietly sneaking past them and arriving at his house, he found out that all of his family members dead, with his lover tied up in the bed, strangled after being... "Used". He did another rampage and killed all of the group's men in his village in retaliation. He left Buford the next morning after burying his family, He carried his belongings and sees that the Raiding group is no more and the Community suffered a lot of casualties.

He left Wyoming and carried on to Colorado, where he started a new life... alone. He trecked Colorado and after a year, he arrived at Ashcroft, where he found a secluded house with an elderly couple and a child. He killed the 3 of them and he decided to live alone at said house. It was a good idea as he found stockpiles of ammunition and food, as well as long and pointy knives that bend.

Character Equipment: A Grand Power K100 Handgun w/ 2 Magazines, one with 4 rounds and 1 with a single round, A rusty machete, An old skinning knife, and a hunting grade scope
Character Supplies: Water resistant cycling backpack, Sports water bottle containing half with fresh water, Half eaten meat covered in a rag. a sofa sized pillow, and a severly worn out solar flashlight.
Other Information: Turner is NOT a good guy, as he was a former raider and will value neutrality, even evil for Good.
Last edited by Calindelo on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:01 pm

Skylus wrote:
Character Application.

NS Name: Skylus
Roleplay Sample: Hogwarts

Character Name: Derek Forester
Character Gender: M
Character Personality: not used to people since he's been alone for so long, if someone steps foot on his property he sometimes hides until he knows if they're just passing by or going to raid the house. If they are going to raid, then he goes all out; if they're just passing by, he lets them go
Appearance: typical British guy with blue eyes and blonde hair, not exactly buff but he can carry up to 50 pounds of whatever

Character Backstory: Derek was born to British immigrants on June 20th, 2000 in Gilead, Maine (near US highway 2). Their house was a massive three story old mansion, the backyard seemed to be an endless forest. Due to his parent's position in society, Derek received the best possible schooling, with survival lessons from his father. His parents had survived the illness but were both killed when the house was raided around 5 years prior to the RP. Since then, Derek has lived in the house, keeping everyone away and living off the land.
He didn't see his parents die, nor knew that they had died until he came across 2 broken up mauled on skeletons wearing his parents clothing. A bobcat had broken into the house and killed the raiders. Derek somehow tamed the thing - she has been his companion ever since.

Character Equipment: There were many weapons in the mansion before the plague hit. Of course, the whole place was ransacked, but Derek managed to get some weapons and supplies hidden away. The weapons include: a one handed sword, a bow with a quiver of 20 arrows, dynamite (why not), a small dagger
Character Supplies: An old canteen with a mock filtration system, herbs, matches to light stuff on fire, several changes of clothing (5 pairs of jeans, 5 t- shirts, various underclothing) whatever food is left in the house (quite a lot but it'll run out eventually)
Other Information: Derek is still living in the mansion as of now; he managed to catch a wild horse and uses her to hunt down animals in the forest/help farm crops for food, the bobcat is now 6 years old

My only irk - Bobcats can only really be domesticated if they're straight from birth, otherwise it's nye impossible, and if it was old enough to devour your parents, I wouldn't say it was plausible as it'd still be with its mother. And even if you do manage to domesticate a bobcat, they're very unreliable as pets (they get nasty mood-swings). Make some adjustments there and consider yourself accepted.

Calindelo wrote:
Character Application.

NS Name: Calindelo
Roleplay Sample: The Democritus Times (Region RP)

Character Name: Turner
Character Personality: Turner tends to be alone, having printed on his mind that groups will just end, taking everyone you love. His life were plagued by death, war, and sadness. He's not that all insane, as he loves and protects his friends, but if you get on his bad side, he'll show his sadistic and deranged mind.
Appearance: (Image)Turner is a quick and agile lad, standing at 5'7, and weighing around 120 pounds. He has dark brown, poorly cut, short hair, hence he wears a salvaged cap of an unknown sport. He wears a dirty plain fitted dark blue shirt, with little rips and tears, and on top a grayish black windbreaker. He sports a black baggy sweatpants with a check mark on it, and he wears a black/red running shoes that he wore throughout his teenage life. He has around 20+ scars and marks scattered around his body, most of which are from free running buildings, or even encounters from cannibalistic groups.

Character Backstory: Turner was born on the first few years of the Frankfurt flu, or as the pessimistic person would say, "The Apocalypse".

His exact date of birth is unknown, but it is certain that he was born around 2020. He was born in the location of pre-outbreak Salt Lake City by a non immune mother, who was raped by an immune anarchist. Turner somehow carried his father's immunity. At the young age of just 2 years old, his mother fell ill to the Frankfurt Flu, and he was given by a friend of his mother, and into a new settlement, at Vernal, Utah, where the Flu killed at least 95% of the settlement, with the remaining 5% immune. This happened just 6 months after he was given away. Later, a raiding group investigated the settlement and was tasked to kill any survivors, one of the raiders, simply called "Mark" found a 2 year old child on the arms of an injured woman he just shot. She tells him the kid's basic needs and information. Mark have no choice but to bring the child with him at the Raider community at Cleveland. Since the woman failed to give Mark the child's name, he simply named him "Turner", because fellow raiders gave the child a pink hat, and this reminds Mark of a TV show he always watched as a kid.

There, he learned to fight, scavenge, Freerun, and hunt. He was the most smart, and feared kid in the state. Well, settlement. When he was 13, the community went north to scavenge more food and water, and ultimately settled in Rock Springs, WY. The group found out that the city was ransacked, and nearly nothing was left. Soon, they were attacked by another group, who made the same mistake as Turner's group. Mark and Turner managed to escape with the group's supply of food and water without anyone noticing. There, they stole a fully fueled sedan of the opposing group and managed to safely arrive at Rawlins WY. On the way, Turner learned how to drive.

At Rawlins, they teamed up with another group with at least 20 members, and met a perfect motherly figure, Mary. She was the leader of the group in Rawlins. Soon after the arrival of Mark and Turner, they started heading east to Cheyenne, on the way, the group started breaking apart, as food and water rations were low, the group fell apart with poor leadership, and soon, Mary started suggesting crazier and crazier ideas, the people knew she was out of it and killed her while she was asleep, Turner didn't understand and hated every single one of his groupmates, including Mark.

Just a few miles off Cheyenne, Turner secretly abandoned the group and holed up in the Buford village few miles west of Cheyenne, he discovered a cannibalistic group in the Buford village, but he didn't know that, he was given a bed to sleep on. A few hours later, he was awaken by the pain of a skinning knife piercing his left arm, he killed the man skinning him with his own knife and killed everyone in the small village, be it children or elderly. After his rampage, he claimed his rampage knife as his prized possession. Nonetheless, he decided to take the village for himself, and lived there for at least 3 years. Even going in and out of Cheyenne, climbing buildings, scouting, and even hesitated with joining the group in the city.

When he was 16, a family of 3 decided to settle in Buford, he made friends with the family and had an intimate relationship with their daughter. He was curious what the family was running from, and they told him the story of the survivor community at Cheyenne, where the leader became power hungry, wanting to be the best community around North America and paranoid of an attack. He started killing off the old and weak as they were liabilities, The parents of the family were senior citizens, hence considered a liability. But, they were given a chance to leave. Most of the people have gone south to Colorado, or east to Nebraska, and they were the only ones who left going west to the Wyoming side, hoping good luck for others to help them. They were indeed lucky and Turner embraced his new family.

Once he was 18, he headed west alone to siphon gas from the cars in Interstate 80, there he spotted a group of around 100, he realized that this was the group that fought Turner's group back in Rock Springs. Using his intellect, he made up a plan to destroy the Community at Cheyenne for his new found family, and take revenge for his lost group. He plans to act as a defector from the Cheyenne community and "Join" the raiding group and persuade them to invade the Community, for they are "Lacking Arsenal and Men, along with a great stockpile of food." The group decides to invade Cheyenne.

Turner Comes Back to his family and told them his plan, his lover seemed skeptical about the plan and her father replied with "Mark wouldn't like this." Turner then finds out Mark is still alive and has a high position in the community, he meets him in the Community and tells him about the fate of the Cheyenne community. Turner persuaded Mark to leave the Community, along with Turner's family. Mark agrees as the group attacks Cheyenne, when Mark and Turner were sneaking past the battle, they were spotted by the group and was being attacked. Mark pushes Turner to leave without him, and tells him that he'll come and meet Turner in Buford. He never did.

On the way to Buford, Turner sees at least 10 of the group's men were raiding his village, after quietly sneaking past them and arriving at his house, he found out that all of his family members dead, with his lover tied up in the bed, strangled after being... "Used". He did another rampage and killed all of the group's men in his village in retaliation. He left Buford the next morning after burying his family, He carried his belongings and sees that the Raiding group is no more and the Community suffered a lot of casualties.

He left Wyoming and carried on to Colorado, where he started a new life... alone... at the Bighorn Forest. He murdered a couple and sent their kids off at their own to gain their lodge, and livestock. He is now completely out of it.

Character Equipment: A Grand Power K100 Handgun w/ 2 Magazines, one with 4 rounds and 1 with a single round, A rusty machete, An old skinning knife, and a hunting grade scope
Character Supplies: Water resistant cycling backpack, Sports water bottle containing half with fresh water, Half eaten meat covered in a rag. a sofa sized pillow, and a severly worn out solar flashlight.
Other Information: Turner is NOT a good guy, as he was a former raider and will value neutrality, even evil for Good.

Accepted.
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:42 pm

Character Application.

NS Name: Dyelli Beybi
Roleplay Sample: Gods Among Us

Character Name: Kaylin Brewer
Character Age: 25
Character Gender: Female
Character Personality: Kaylin tries to avoid physical confrontation where she can, preferring to run, hide or pay an attacker off. She does not particularly like being alone and will try to link up with others. She is generally good with people, extroverted and affable, though she can become snarky, particularly if she thinks someone thinks too highly of themselves. Despite the apocalypse, Kaylin is relentlessly positive and firmly believes that a better world is just around the corner - a trait which can potentially become a bit annoying. She is also somewhat obsessed with physical cleanliness and avoiding parasites.
Appearance:

Character Backstory: Kaylin is old enough to remember the world before the plague but only as a dim, childhood memory. When the outbreak came her whole family contracted the virus. She survived, along with her father. Her mother and two sisters did not. Despite his personal tragedy, Kaylin's memories of her father are of a kindly and very positive man. A carpenter by trade, Mr Brewer found no shortage of work to do after the plague and the remnant of the Brewer family settling down in a small community in rural Pennsylvania where Mr Brewer made himself busy (and popular) repairing houses and farm equipment.

Despite everything that had happened to the world, Kaylin grew up happy and healthy. She learned to look after animals, tend to the fields but also to set snares for birds and small animals, what plants and mushrooms were edible and which were poison and how to start a fire. Most importantly though, she learned how to be very, very quiet when someone she didn't know was nearby as not everybody in the former United States is friendly. Her father was also a man touched with a quiet faith who firmly believed that while the events of the plague were dreadful, that ultimately something good would come of it. The old world, in the eyes of Mr Brewer was broken and heading for ruin. A better society rising from the ruins of the old wasn't just a possibility it was a certainty. Along with the essential survival skills, Kaylin also inherited this belief.

Six months ago, Mr Brewer cut himself with a saw. It was not an especially bad cut, he had had worse in the past, but it got infected. While the community had stockpiled antibiotics, either the bacteria was resistant or, over time, the drugs had degraded to the point where they were no longer effective and despite the best efforts of the locals, Mr Brewer did not survive. Without her father's protection, Kaylin found herself the victim of the unwanted advances of the mayor's son. Without a police force there was little she could do apart from leave. Four months ago she did exactly that, setting off into the wilderness with her bag of belongings and her fathers crossbow (she isn't interested in guns as she can't replace the bullets and isn't strong enough to use most bows).

Since then she has wandered in search of a group of decent people who share her dream of creating a post-apocalyptic utopia, to form a new community with.

Character Equipment: A crossbow and a dozen quarrels. She has a bowie knife at her hip and hides a straight razor in her left boot. For hunting and foraging she carries several snares and a trowel. She also carries a crowbar on her pack.
Character Supplies: Inside or tied to the outside of her pack, Kaylin carries a pot, a canteen, rope, needle and thread, several blocks of soap (the kind made from animal fat), homemade toothpaste, a variety of oils and dried herbs (for medicine and to act as insect repellents), scissors, miscellaneous knife sharpening and cleaning products. She also carries a couple of spare changes of clothing and a blanket. She wears cotton and wool clothing for the most part (usually died blue or russet brown), although she also has a long, oiled, leather jacket and tall, leather, hobnailed boots.
Other Information: Everything that Kaylin carries was made after the apocalypse. If something cannot be easily repaired she doesn't see any point to it.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:24 pm

I changed the bobcat to a hawk, hope that's enough.
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:52 pm

Skylus, how are you 19 if you were born in 2000 and it's 2039.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:54 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:Skylus, how are you 19 if you were born in 2000 and it's 2039.

Oh. I'll change the date then.

EDIT: Fixed
Last edited by Skylus on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:03 pm

Skylus wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:Skylus, how are you 19 if you were born in 2000 and it's 2039.

Oh. I'll change the date then.

EDIT: Fixed

Perfect, accepted.

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Character Application.

NS Name: Dyelli Beybi
Roleplay Sample: Gods Among Us

Character Name: Kaylin Brewer
Character Age: 25
Character Gender: Female
Character Personality: Kaylin tries to avoid physical confrontation where she can, preferring to run, hide or pay an attacker off. She does not particularly like being alone and will try to link up with others. She is generally good with people, extroverted and affable, though she can become snarky, particularly if she thinks someone thinks too highly of themselves. Despite the apocalypse, Kaylin is relentlessly positive and firmly believes that a better world is just around the corner - a trait which can potentially become a bit annoying. She is also somewhat obsessed with physical cleanliness and avoiding parasites.
Appearance: (Image)

Character Backstory: Kaylin is old enough to remember the world before the plague but only as a dim, childhood memory. When the outbreak came her whole family contracted the virus. She survived, along with her father. Her mother and two sisters did not. Despite his personal tragedy, Kaylin's memories of her father are of a kindly and very positive man. A carpenter by trade, Mr Brewer found no shortage of work to do after the plague and the remnant of the Brewer family settling down in a small community in rural Pennsylvania where Mr Brewer made himself busy (and popular) repairing houses and farm equipment.

Despite everything that had happened to the world, Kaylin grew up happy and healthy. She learned to look after animals, tend to the fields but also to set snares for birds and small animals, what plants and mushrooms were edible and which were poison and how to start a fire. Most importantly though, she learned how to be very, very quiet when someone she didn't know was nearby as not everybody in the former United States is friendly. Her father was also a man touched with a quiet faith who firmly believed that while the events of the plague were dreadful, that ultimately something good would come of it. The old world, in the eyes of Mr Brewer was broken and heading for ruin. A better society rising from the ruins of the old wasn't just a possibility it was a certainty. Along with the essential survival skills, Kaylin also inherited this belief.

Six months ago, Mr Brewer cut himself with a saw. It was not an especially bad cut, he had had worse in the past, but it got infected. While the community had stockpiled antibiotics, either the bacteria was resistant or, over time, the drugs had degraded to the point where they were no longer effective and despite the best efforts of the locals, Mr Brewer did not survive. Without her father's protection, Kaylin found herself the victim of the unwanted advances of the mayor's son. Without a police force there was little she could do apart from leave. Four months ago she did exactly that, setting off into the wilderness with her bag of belongings and her fathers crossbow (she isn't interested in guns as she can't replace the bullets and isn't strong enough to use most bows).

Since then she has wandered in search of a group of decent people who share her dream of creating a post-apocalyptic utopia, to form a new community with.

Character Equipment: A crossbow and a dozen quarrels. She has a bowie knife at her hip and hides a straight razor in her left boot. For hunting and foraging she carries several snares and a trowel. She also carries a crowbar on her pack.
Character Supplies: Inside or tied to the outside of her pack, Kaylin carries a pot, a canteen, rope, needle and thread, several blocks of soap (the kind made from animal fat), homemade toothpaste, a variety of oils and dried herbs (for medicine and to act as insect repellents), scissors, miscellaneous knife sharpening and cleaning products. She also carries a couple of spare changes of clothing and a blanket. She wears cotton and wool clothing for the most part (usually died blue or russet brown), although she also has a long, oiled, leather jacket and tall, leather, hobnailed boots.
Other Information: Everything that Kaylin carries was made after the apocalypse. If something cannot be easily repaired she doesn't see any point to it.

Accepted!
Last edited by The Vekta-Helghast Empire on Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:28 pm

Awesome, thanks.

How should my first post go?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:30 pm

Skylus wrote:Awesome, thanks.

How should my first post go?

Basically just set the scene for your character, that's what I did with mines, I'm currently in Morrison, just outside of Denver. Mentioned a few things about his past and his mind-set at the time, as well as some plans of his. It's basically just a way of establishing your character's mindset and their initial starting position. We can use the OOC to find a way to bring all of our characters to one place, or at least get a group or two going.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:39 pm

Hey, Vekta, forgot to ask: how's my first post in the IC? Does it set the tone well for Bones and his group?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse