NATION

PASSWORD

Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:59 pm

Right-wingers often whine about alleged "political correctness" and the left's alleged hidden hatred for freedom of speech.

Setting aside that the term "PC" seems to mean anything right-wingers don't like, it is useful to remind ourselves that, at best, support for censorship sometimes comes from all over the political spectrum. And some of the loudest complainers about PC are themselves virulent opponents of free speech and academic freedom.

Take the case of Debbie Almontaser. The linked Wikipedia article provides good information and I urge you to read it, but I take the following undisputed facts from an opinion of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit:

From 2005 to 2007, Almontaser, an Arab-American, has led the development of the
Khalil Gibran International Academy (“KGIA”), a New York City public high school offering
classes in Arab language and culture to foster multicultural understanding and to prepare students
for careers in international affairs and diplomacy. The record reflects that since the New York
City Department of Education (“DOE”) announced its approval of the school in February 2007,
certain groups have claimed that both KGIA and Almontaser are affiliated with radical Islam.
On August 3, 2007, an internet-based group called Stop the Madrasa Coalition issued a press
release alleging that Almontaser was connected to t-shirts bearing the words “Intifada NYC” that
were allegedly sold by a group known as Arab Women Active in the Arts and Media
(“AWAAM”). Although the record indicates that Almontaser is not affiliated with AWAAM,
New York Post reporter Chuck Bennett sought inter alia to interview her about the organization
and its t-shirts. Almontaser wanted to avoid the interview. DOE press officer David Cantor
instructed her to participate, but not to address the t-shirts.

On August 3, 2007, Bennett interviewed Almontaser by telephone with DOE press officer
Melody Meyer on the line. Almontaser told Bennett that she was not connected to AWAAM and
that AWAAM had nothing to do with KGIA. When Bennett questioned her about the meaning
of the Arabic word “intifada,” Almontaser accurately explained that the root of the word means
“shaking off.” She also stated that the word has been associated with violence and the
Palestinian/Israeli conflict and emphasized that she would never affiliate herself with an
organization that condones violence. Meyer interjected only once during the call to emphasize
that Almontaser does not believe in violence. Immediately after the interview, Meyer called
Almontaser to tell her that she did a good job.

The next day, the New York Post ran an article entitled “City Principal is ‘Revolting.’” It
featured a picture of Almontaser with the caption, “Furor: The Pro-violence shirt is being
defended by Principal Debbie Almontaser (above).” The article asserted that “[a]ctivists with
ties to the principal of the city’s controversial new Arabic-themed school are hawking T-shirts
that glorify Palestinian terror” and that Almontaser “downplayed the significance of the T-shirts.”
The district court found that the New York Post correctly attributed to Almontaser her
explanation that the root of the word “intifada” means “shaking off,” that the word has
“develop[ed] a negative connotation due to the uprising in the Palestinian-Israeli areas,” and that
she “[didn’t] believe the intention is to have any of that kind of [violence] in New York City.” It
is undisputed by the parties that the paper incorrectly and misleadingly added the phrase “and
shaking off oppression” to Almontaser’s statement, “I think [the t-shirts are] pretty much an
opportunity for girls to express that they are part of New York City society.”

The New York Post and other media subsequently published stories and letters to the
editor characterizing the statements attributed to Almontaser by the New York Post as a defense
of violence against Israel. Within days, the Deputy Mayor for Education and Community
Development, Dennis Walcott, met with Almontaser on behalf of DOE Chancellor Joel Klein
and insisted on her resignation. Under pressure from DOE officials, Almontaser issued an
apology drafted by the DOE and resigned from her position as KGIA’s acting interim principal.

On October 16, 2007, Almontaser applied for the position of permanent principal of
KGIA. Two days later, The New York Times reported that Cantor, speaking on behalf of
Chancellor Klein, stated that Almontaser “would not be placed as principal at the school.” The
office conducting the first level of review for the position forwarded Almontaser’s application to
Hiring Manager Rosemary Stuart with the notation that it was not recommended. Stuart did not
forward Almontaser’s application for the next level of review.


What happend to Ms. Almontaser did not happen in a vacuum. Right-wing think tanks and other groups targetted her and KGIA from the get-go. This is shameful.

Note: I just watched HBO's SHOUTING FIRE: STORIES FROM THE EDGE OF FREE SPEECH which discussed what happened to Almontaser and other intriguing cases of suppression of freedom. I highly recommend the program and it's website.
Last edited by The Cat-Tribe on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:03 pm

I remember this story. I recently was reminded of it in that really good documentary you mentioned, Shouting Fire: Stories From the Edge of Free Speech.
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
The South Islands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 983
Founded: Apr 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby The South Islands » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:05 pm

That was a good documentary. Again, this in part seems like the Media trying to sell papers by creating a story where there really was not one. Sad that a woman who had done so much for the community was crucified in such a way.
IL Ruffino: The wind flows / The hair on TSI's ass glides as if airborn / Smell the freshly cut grass
Gravlen: If I can blame you? Of course I can! I mean, you're like a walking cathalyst for homosexuality, driving otherwise straight men to write haikus about your ass hair...

So it's a wonder that your presence alone in any thread don't derail them and lead to debates about world leaders and homoerotic desires.


Sarkhaan: You. Put your pants back on.

User avatar
Gendara
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 43
Founded: May 05, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Gendara » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:07 pm

Can't take you seriously, because your entire presentation makes you come across like an apologist and partisan. Pointing out the sins of the Right is meaningless if you're not willing to turn the same scrutiny to the Left as well.

Like it or not, both sides of the political divide are in favor of censoring freedom of expression. The only real difference is that they disagree on what needs to be censored, and what method needs to be used to do it.

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:09 pm

Right wing groups jumping on the Ebil Mozlem Bandwagon on top of whining about Political Correctness? Shocking. I just found out the Pope's Catholic too, what a day...
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:10 pm

Gendara wrote:Can't take you seriously, because your entire presentation makes you come across like an apologist and partisan. Pointing out the sins of the Right is meaningless if you're not willing to turn the same scrutiny to the Left as well.

Like it or not, both sides of the political divide are in favor of censoring freedom of expression. The only real difference is that they disagree on what needs to be censored, and what method needs to be used to do it.


It wasn't the liberals unecessarily crucifying this woman. ;)
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
Buffett and Colbert
Post Czar
 
Posts: 32382
Founded: Oct 05, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Buffett and Colbert » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Gauthier wrote:Right wing groups jumping on the Ebil Mozlem Bandwagon on top of whining about Political Correctness? Shocking. I just found out the Pope's Catholic too, what a day...


Source?

:p
If the knowledge isn't useful, you haven't found the lesson yet. ~Iniika
You-Gi-Owe wrote:If someone were to ask me about your online persona as a standard of your "date-ability", I'd rate you as "worth investigating further & passionate about beliefs". But, enough of the idle speculation on why you didn't score with the opposite gender.

Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:Clever, but your Jedi mind tricks don't work on me.

His Jedi mind tricks are insignificant compared to the power of Buffy's sex appeal.
Keronians wrote:
Buffett and Colbert wrote:My law class took my virginity. And it was 100% consensual.

I accuse your precious law class of statutory rape.

User avatar
The Cat-Tribe
Negotiator
 
Posts: 5548
Founded: Jan 18, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby The Cat-Tribe » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:20 pm

Gendara wrote:Can't take you seriously, because your entire presentation makes you come across like an apologist and partisan. Pointing out the sins of the Right is meaningless if you're not willing to turn the same scrutiny to the Left as well.

Like it or not, both sides of the political divide are in favor of censoring freedom of expression. The only real difference is that they disagree on what needs to be censored, and what method needs to be used to do it.


1. OMG, I'm exposed as a partisan liberal!! How will I ever cope with the shame?

2. I specifically sourced the information I stated as being from the undisputed facts as laid out in a U.S. Court of Appeals decision, how is that information partisan?

3. I specifically said that "censorship sometimes comes from all over the political spectrum."

4. The term "political correctness" is commonly used by the right-wing to refer to things they don't like being done by the left. My point is that that perception is bullshit.
I quit (again).
The Altani Confederacy wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:With that, I am done with these shenanigans. Do as thou wilt.

Can't miss you until you're gone, Ambassador. Seriously, your delegation is like one of those stores that has a "Going Out Of Business" sale for twenty years. Stay or go, already.*snip*
"Don't give me no shit because . . . I've been Tired . . ." ~ Pixies
With that, "he put his boots on, he took a face from the Ancient Gallery, and he walked on down the Hall . . ."

User avatar
Heinleinites
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1075
Founded: Apr 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Heinleinites » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:28 pm

The Cat-Tribe wrote:4. The term "political correctness" is commonly used by the right-wing to refer to things they don't like being done by the left. My point is that that perception is bullshit.


How perspicacious. Now that you've identified the problem, how do you intend to go about fixing it?
You will never see a man who would kiss a wench or cut a throat as readily as I, but the wench must be willing, and the man must be standing up against me, else by God! either were safe enough from me." - Samkin Aylward The White Company

Heinleinite's First Rule of Comedy: "It doesn't matter if you don't think I'm funny, just so long as I think I'm funny."

User avatar
NotnotgnimmiJymmiJ
Minister
 
Posts: 3272
Founded: Apr 04, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby NotnotgnimmiJymmiJ » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:29 pm

Gauthier wrote:Right wing groups jumping on the Ebil Mozlem Bandwagon on top of whining about Political Correctness? Shocking. I just found out the Pope's Catholic too, what a day...

This is a very poor use of sarcasm. It indicates that the only information communicated in the OP was that some nut jobs out there hate Muslims. This is not "shocking" in any way as you most cleverly pointed out. The important bit here is that Almontaser's character assassination actually resulted in her resignation. That actually is shocking, and quite a sad story in today's society.
You-Gi-Owe wrote:I hate all "spin doctoring". I don't mind honest disagreement and it's possible that people are expressing honest opinions, but spin doctoring is so pervasive, I gotta ask if I suspect it.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48707
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:37 pm

what are we doing hurry up and send her to gitmo.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Non Aligned States
Minister
 
Posts: 3156
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Non Aligned States » Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:58 pm

Solution. Anyone who knowingly lies, or has proxies knowingly lie, in public media gets put in jail. For about 50 years. It'd put an end to sensationalist nonsense and political scapegoating.

But then nobody would support that. So you'll just have to live with the vulturism.
Last edited by Non Aligned States on Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Redwulf
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1425
Founded: Jul 06, 2007
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Redwulf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:22 pm

Non Aligned States wrote:Solution. Anyone who knowingly lies, or has proxies knowingly lie, in public media gets put in jail. For about 50 years. It'd put an end to sensationalist nonsense and political scapegoating.


We don't have enough room in our jails. We'll have to let out all the druggies and hookers to make room (because building more would increase taxes).
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Just remember, no one likes an asshole.
Don't make me serious. You wouldn't like me when I'm serious.

User avatar
The South Islands
Diplomat
 
Posts: 983
Founded: Apr 02, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby The South Islands » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:23 pm

Redwulf wrote:
Non Aligned States wrote:Solution. Anyone who knowingly lies, or has proxies knowingly lie, in public media gets put in jail. For about 50 years. It'd put an end to sensationalist nonsense and political scapegoating.


We don't have enough room in our jails. We'll have to let out all the druggies and hookers to make room (because building more would increase taxes).


And that would be a bad thing...how?

It would certainly force drug and poon prices down with increased supply. Free market and all that jazz.
IL Ruffino: The wind flows / The hair on TSI's ass glides as if airborn / Smell the freshly cut grass
Gravlen: If I can blame you? Of course I can! I mean, you're like a walking cathalyst for homosexuality, driving otherwise straight men to write haikus about your ass hair...

So it's a wonder that your presence alone in any thread don't derail them and lead to debates about world leaders and homoerotic desires.


Sarkhaan: You. Put your pants back on.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48707
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 pm

The South Islands wrote:
Redwulf wrote:
Non Aligned States wrote:Solution. Anyone who knowingly lies, or has proxies knowingly lie, in public media gets put in jail. For about 50 years. It'd put an end to sensationalist nonsense and political scapegoating.


We don't have enough room in our jails. We'll have to let out all the druggies and hookers to make room (because building more would increase taxes).


And that would be a bad thing...how?

It would certainly force drug and poon prices down with increased supply. Free market and all that jazz.

I am not paying more taxes to keep crooked politicians in jail.
I don't care if it actuality makes democracy work.
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Non Aligned States
Minister
 
Posts: 3156
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Non Aligned States » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:46 pm

Redwulf wrote:We don't have enough room in our jails. We'll have to let out all the druggies and hookers to make room (because building more would increase taxes).


As I understand it, most of the druggies are low level marijuana takers. Not particularly a problem. Hookers? Not enough information on that to make an accurate statement.

greed and death wrote:I am not paying more taxes to keep crooked politicians in jail.
I don't care if it actuality makes democracy work.


Not just politicians. Newsmen, pundits and talk show hosts. It might actually make the news less sensationalist trash and more actual news for once.

And if you don't want the price of a jail cell, well, bullets are cheap. You'd save on paying politician's tax supported salaries too, since you could probably go through the lot of them for the price of one politician's salary.

User avatar
Greed and Death
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48707
Founded: Mar 20, 2008
Compulsory Consumerist State

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Greed and Death » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:48 pm

Non Aligned States wrote:
Redwulf wrote:We don't have enough room in our jails. We'll have to let out all the druggies and hookers to make room (because building more would increase taxes).


As I understand it, most of the druggies are low level marijuana takers. Not particularly a problem. Hookers? Not enough information on that to make an accurate statement.

greed and death wrote:I am not paying more taxes to keep crooked politicians in jail.
I don't care if it actuality makes democracy work.


Not just politicians. Newsmen, pundits and talk show hosts. It might actually make the news less sensationalist trash and more actual news for once.

And if you don't want the price of a jail cell, well, bullets are cheap. You'd save on paying politician's tax supported salaries too, since you could probably go through the lot of them for the price of one politician's salary.

dont care. not paying to toss them in jail.

In fact why am I paying to toss pot heads in jail ???
"Trying to solve the healthcare problem by mandating people buy insurance is like trying to solve the homeless problem by mandating people buy a house."(paraphrase from debate with Hilary Clinton)
Barack Obama

User avatar
Intangelon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 6632
Founded: Apr 09, 2005
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Intangelon » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:55 pm

Gendara wrote:Can't take you seriously, because your entire presentation makes you come across like an apologist and partisan. Pointing out the sins of the Right is meaningless if you're not willing to turn the same scrutiny to the Left as well.

Like it or not, both sides of the political divide are in favor of censoring freedom of expression. The only real difference is that they disagree on what needs to be censored, and what method needs to be used to do it.


Stuff that. Watch the documentary and try that tack again -- you'll find it fails miserably. A boy's right to wear a shirt to school reading "homosexuality is immoral" was defended and explored as well. Nice try, though.
+11,569 posts from Jolt/OMAC
Oh beautiful for pilgrim feet / Whose stern, impassioned stress / A thoroughfare for freedom beat / Across the wilderness!
America! America! / God mend thine ev’ry flaw; / Confirm thy soul in self-control / Thy liberty in law....

Lunatic Goofballs: The problem is that the invisible men in the sky don't tell you how to live your life.
Their fan clubs do.

User avatar
Non Aligned States
Minister
 
Posts: 3156
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery & Debbie Almontaser

Postby Non Aligned States » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:00 pm

greed and death wrote:dont care. not paying to toss them in jail.


I did provide the vastly cheaper option of just killing them, which would also mean you skip out on paying their salaries.

greed and death wrote:In fact why am I paying to toss pot heads in jail ???


Ask the politicians and the tobacco industry.

User avatar
New Mitanni
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1239
Founded: Jan 22, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby New Mitanni » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:38 pm

Heinleinites wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:4. The term "political correctness" is commonly used by the right-wing to refer to things they don't like being done by the left. My point is that that perception is bullshit.


How perspicacious. Now that you've identified the problem, how do you intend to go about fixing it?


The only "bullshit" is his point.

Don't expect him to propose any "fixes" to the alleged "problem." He doesn't even know--or acknowledge, more likely--the true origin of the concept of "political correctness."

Fortunately, a little honest research reveals the source of the idea:

http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html

The fact is, "political correctness" is rooted in Marxism, and, like that evil political ideology, seeks to destroy the foundations of American and Western civilization and replace them with an alien and totalitarian philosophy.
November 2, 2010: Judgment Day. The 2010 anthem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgNFNTi46R4

You can't spell "liberal" without the L, the I and the E.

Smash Socialism Now!

User avatar
Phenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3809
Founded: May 06, 2009
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Phenia » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm

New Mitanni wrote:
Heinleinites wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:4. The term "political correctness" is commonly used by the right-wing to refer to things they don't like being done by the left. My point is that that perception is bullshit.


How perspicacious. Now that you've identified the problem, how do you intend to go about fixing it?


The only "bullshit" is his point.


And yet, you can't argue to that claim if your life depended on it. Luckily for you, the 101st Keyboarding doesn't involve that kind of risk. Whew!

The fact is, "political correctness" is rooted in Marxism, and, like that evil political ideology, seeks to destroy the foundations of American and Western civilization and replace them with an alien and totalitarian philosophy.


That's nice dear. Whatever you say, darling. I believe you. Really!

User avatar
The Black Forrest
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34980
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby The Black Forrest » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:43 pm

New Mitanni wrote:
The fact is, "political correctness" is rooted in Marxism, and, like that evil political ideology, seeks to destroy the foundations of American and Western civilization and replace them with an alien and totalitarian philosophy.


:blink: I thought that was the intent of American Christianity?
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

User avatar
Gauthier
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 52887
Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Gauthier » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:47 pm

The Black Forrest wrote:
New Mitanni wrote:
The fact is, "political correctness" is rooted in Marxism, and, like that evil political ideology, seeks to destroy the foundations of American and Western civilization and replace them with an alien and totalitarian philosophy.


:blink: I thought that was the intent of American Christianity?


Apparently he thinks "Think of the children!" and "Family Values" are all the inventions of those Evil Liberals.
Crimes committed by Muslims will be a pan-Islamic plot and proof of Islam's inherent evil. On the other hand crimes committed by non-Muslims will merely be the acts of loners who do not represent their belief system at all.
The probability of one's participation in homosexual acts is directly proportional to one's public disdain and disgust for homosexuals.
If a political figure makes an accusation of wrongdoing without evidence, odds are probable that the accuser or an associate thereof has in fact committed the very same act, possibly to a worse degree.
Where is your God-Emperor now?

User avatar
The Northern Baltic
Envoy
 
Posts: 272
Founded: Sep 09, 2006
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby The Northern Baltic » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:50 pm

New Mitanni wrote:
Heinleinites wrote:
The Cat-Tribe wrote:4. The term "political correctness" is commonly used by the right-wing to refer to things they don't like being done by the left. My point is that that perception is bullshit.


How perspicacious. Now that you've identified the problem, how do you intend to go about fixing it?


The only "bullshit" is his point.

Don't expect him to propose any "fixes" to the alleged "problem." He doesn't even know--or acknowledge, more likely--the true origin of the concept of "political correctness."

Fortunately, a little honest research reveals the source of the idea:

http://www.academia.org/lectures/lind1.html

The fact is, "political correctness" is rooted in Marxism, and, like that evil political ideology, seeks to destroy the foundations of American and Western civilization and replace them with an alien and totalitarian philosophy.


O.O What?
Where does Marx say that he wants to 'destroy the foundations of Western civilizations and replace them with an alien and totalitarian philosophy?'
In fact, where does Marx express any support for totalitarianism whatsoever?

Economic Left/Right: -8.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.74

"It's Putin's daughter. Her breasts can probably type whilst her hands are busy shooting Siberian Peasants." -Georgism

User avatar
Non Aligned States
Minister
 
Posts: 3156
Founded: Nov 14, 2004
Ex-Nation

Re: Right-wing PC thuggery: the case of Debbie Almonta

Postby Non Aligned States » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:55 pm

The Northern Baltic wrote:In fact, where does Marx express any support for totalitarianism whatsoever?


Only in the hyperactive and reality challenged delusions of NM. He tends to blather on a lot about things that even a conspiracy nut won't touch. You'll learn to ignore him after a while.
Last edited by Non Aligned States on Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acitsusima, An Alan Smithee Nation, Bluelight-R006, Korasta, Kowani, Kubra, Loben The 2nd, North German Realm, Oceara, Ostroeuropa, Ryanasic, Telconi, The Hell Legions, The Huskar Social Union, The Pathetic Wastes, UIJ, Valateria

Advertisement

Remove ads