NATION

PASSWORD

How to tell if a girl doesn't mind virginity?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

How to tell if a girl doesn't mind virginity?

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:45 pm

As someone deterred from dating by the risk of having to drop out to pay child support, I feel like there's an enormous load of baggage from the implications of being years later than everyone else, especially if it's not for the (presumed) usual reasons. I'm not sure how to even prove that was why.

I would need to find a woman who would believe my reasons why, and that I was just as attractive (and then some) in my teen years, such that it's not a matter of desperation. Ideally, a virgin herself, for common ground, and one of sound enough judgment to either anticipate from the start what my reasons were or at least not dismiss it offhand like the average person tends to do.

I still have another few months yet to decide (long story) but where would I need to start looking? Does it depend solely on walk of life, or nationality as well? (And yes, I'm flexible about where I live... so far I am leaning toward Japan for other reasons, but this preference may be subject to change without notice.)
Last edited by LimaUniformNovemberAlpha on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

User avatar
Fartsniffage
Post Czar
 
Posts: 43680
Founded: Dec 19, 2005
New York Times Democracy

Postby Fartsniffage » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:49 pm

I think you really need to talk to more people your age. Maybe some of them being women......

User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm

Fartsniffage wrote:I think you really need to talk to more people your age. Maybe some of them being women......

How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48124
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:50 pm

People don't care as much as is let on. Don't worry about it.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
The East Marches II
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18033
Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:52 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:I think you really need to talk to more people your age. Maybe some of them being women......

How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?


You don't, its a gamble. Thats why you need a little Dutch courage, it makes it go easier.

User avatar
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha
Senator
 
Posts: 4364
Founded: Apr 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby LimaUniformNovemberAlpha » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:53 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?


You don't, its a gamble. Thats why you need a little Dutch courage, it makes it go easier.

"Courage" is one thing. Denying myself a woman who likes me for who I am is another.
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:1. The PRC is not a Communist State, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
2. The CCP is not a Communist Party, as it has shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.
3. Xi Jinping and his cronies are not Communists, as they have shown absolutely zero interest in achieving Communism.

How do we know this? Because the first step toward Communism is Socialism, and none of the aforementioned are even remotely Socialist in any way, shape, or form.

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:56 pm

You'd have to ask them to know for certain. But if you're a male, no I don't recommend bringing virginity up at all. There is really no need to disclose such. Don't lie and say you're not a virgin, but at the same time- keep it a secret and deflect to other topics and so on. If you eventually have sex with them and they're your first- they'll probably figure it out on their own, believe me.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Trotskylvania
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17208
Founded: Jul 07, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Trotskylvania » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:01 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:As someone deterred from dating by the risk of having to drop out to pay child support, I feel like there's an enormous load of baggage from the implications of being years later than everyone else, especially if it's not for the (presumed) usual reasons. I'm not sure how to even prove that was why.

I would need to find a woman who would believe my reasons why, and that I was just as attractive (and then some) in my teen years, such that it's not a matter of desperation. Ideally, a virgin herself, for common ground, and one of sound enough judgment to anticipate from the start what my reasons were, or failing that, to at least not dismiss it offhand like the average person tends to do.

I still have another few months yet to decide (long story) but where would I need to start looking? Does it depend solely on walk of life, or nationality as well? (And yes, I'm flexible about where I live... so far I am leaning toward Japan for other reasons, but this preference may be subject to change without notice.)

It sounds like you're starting off by bargaining yourself down, and setting yourself up for failure.

No one will ever be as hard on you about being a virgin than you are being with yourself right now. You're trying to come up with rational reasons why, and are worried about whether someone is going to believe you or not about them. This says to me that you think deep down that there's something wrong with you for being a virgin or having never dated someone.

If someone is going to judge your for it, then they're not worth your time. It is your body and your choice, and there's no magic test of full adulthood that requires having had sex.

Whatever the reasons, actual or perceived, you didn't have sex for don't matter. The type of person you are now is what matters, how you will treat other people.

So my advice is, and believe me, I know it's harder than just saying it: just let it go. It's a thing that's no more important to who you are than your blood type. Don't worry yourself chasing after superficial characteristics that you think will lead to someone not judging you. People in other countries aren't going to be more or less judging about it. Focus on finding someone with shared interests, someone you feel comfortable with, who can understand and empathize with you, and who you can do the same for.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Ultra - The Left Wing of the Impossible
Putting the '-sadism' in Posadism


"The hell of capitalism is the firm, not the fact that the firm has a boss."- Bordiga

User avatar
Genivaria
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 69943
Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:48 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
You don't, its a gamble. Thats why you need a little Dutch courage, it makes it go easier.

"Courage" is one thing. Denying myself a woman who likes me for who I am is another.

Wait how are you 'denying yourself' ?

User avatar
Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:51 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:People don't care as much as is let on. Don't worry about it.

This where the thread should have ended.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

User avatar
Costa Fierro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19902
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:25 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?


You don't, its a gamble. Thats why you need a little Dutch courage, it makes it go easier.


Or, you realize the game is rigged and don't play it. No point in throwing money in a game of poker if the house always wins.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User avatar
Neanderthaland
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 9591
Founded: Sep 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Neanderthaland » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:29 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
Fartsniffage wrote:I think you really need to talk to more people your age. Maybe some of them being women......

How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?

Present it as a positive. She can train you. And you don't have any bad habits.

Women like projects.
Ug make fire. Mod ban Ug.

User avatar
Bombadil
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20670
Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:31 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?

Present it as a positive. She can train you. And you don't have any bad habits.

Women like projects.


Indeed, and 'I've been waiting until I find the right person' is a real heart melter of a line.

If the goal is just to lose your virginity, put it up on Ebay, make some moolah.
Last edited by Bombadil on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

User avatar
The East Marches II
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 18033
Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:37 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?

Present it as a positive. She can train you. And you don't have any bad habits.

Women like projects.


This is a good point tbh.

User avatar
Costa Fierro
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 19902
Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Costa Fierro » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:42 pm

The East Marches II wrote:
Neanderthaland wrote:Present it as a positive. She can train you. And you don't have any bad habits.

Women like projects.


This is a good point tbh.


It's about as good as saying "cover yourself and latex and pretend you're a sex doll". Unfortunately men are the ones that have to put in the hard yards, not women. Virginity can be endearing when you're a teenager, but it becomes a liability the older you get.
"Inside every cynical person, there is a disappointed idealist." - George Carlin

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 86046
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:43 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:As someone deterred from dating by the risk of having to drop out to pay child support, I feel like there's an enormous load of baggage from the implications of being years later than everyone else, especially if it's not for the (presumed) usual reasons. I'm not sure how to even prove that was why.

I would need to find a woman who would believe my reasons why, and that I was just as attractive (and then some) in my teen years, such that it's not a matter of desperation. Ideally, a virgin herself, for common ground, and one of sound enough judgment to either anticipate from the start what my reasons were or at least not dismiss it offhand like the average person tends to do.

I still have another few months yet to decide (long story) but where would I need to start looking? Does it depend solely on walk of life, or nationality as well? (And yes, I'm flexible about where I live... so far I am leaning toward Japan for other reasons, but this preference may be subject to change without notice.)


Easy, nobody cares.

I was in the same boat as you, and I thought people cared because of how high school peers were always talking about sex and virginity and teen pregnancy and whatever. High school is not representative of the real world, I found out once life started knocking some sense into me.

You'll find that women don't really care about you being a virgin as much as they care about other things. And if a woman cared that much she has ways to find out.

I was also put off by sex because I didn't want to get a woman pregnant, and have to work to support a family before finishing college. Didn't lose my virginity until I was 23. Trust me, it's not that big of a deal. Also, if you worry about pleasing a woman during your first time because you're inexperienced, you're worrying too much. If you're a good listener and pay attention to her, you'll probably do more decently than you think you would.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar
 
Posts: 48124
Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:44 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
This is a good point tbh.


It's about as good as saying "cover yourself and latex and pretend you're a sex doll". Unfortunately men are the ones that have to put in the hard yards, not women. Virginity can be endearing when you're a teenager, but it becomes a liability the older you get.

If you become obsessed and pissy about it, yes.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 86046
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:46 pm

Costa Fierro wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
This is a good point tbh.


It's about as good as saying "cover yourself and latex and pretend you're a sex doll". Unfortunately men are the ones that have to put in the hard yards, not women. Virginity can be endearing when you're a teenager, but it becomes a liability the older you get.


Virginity is not even endearing while being a teenager.

You cannot imagine how much do I regret now getting into discussions about sex as a teenager because most of the comments were basically women trying to defend my virginity from the "rapacious bitches" out there because, somehow, I was too good and too pure of a person in their mind to see me having sex, while all I really wanted to do was get my dick wet in high school.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 86046
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:49 pm

LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:
The East Marches II wrote:
You don't, its a gamble. Thats why you need a little Dutch courage, it makes it go easier.

"Courage" is one thing. Denying myself a woman who likes me for who I am is another.


Word choice. Word choice and tone tell you all about a person. Get better at reading people.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 86046
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:52 pm

Neanderthaland wrote:
LimaUniformNovemberAlpha wrote:How do you know she isn't sugar-coating it because she knows she's talking to a virgin, though?

Present it as a positive. She can train you. And you don't have any bad habits.

Women like projects.


It's not even that hard to be decent enough in bed.




Also, another good piece of advice: please don't make it sound like your virginity is literally coming out of the shadows of your identity. It's not that important. Just drop it casually in conversation if you need to, but don't stop the flow of everything just because you have this big, revelatory confession that you're a virgin.
Last edited by Soldati Senza Confini on Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 22269
Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 pm

Soldati Senza Confini wrote:You cannot imagine how much do I regret now getting into discussions about sex as a teenager because most of the comments were basically women trying to defend my virginity from the "rapacious bitches" out there because, somehow, I was too good and too pure of a person in their mind to see me having sex, while all I really wanted to do was get my dick wet in high school.


Having a kid during high school is one of the sure fire tickets to poverty. If you get a girl pregnant, can't exactly force them to get an abortion if they decide to keep the baby. The biological father is on the hook for child support unless they "disappear" and can't be found.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

User avatar
Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:02 pm

You just need to get pissed more often. It'll do youse all wonders, trust me.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 86046
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:You cannot imagine how much do I regret now getting into discussions about sex as a teenager because most of the comments were basically women trying to defend my virginity from the "rapacious bitches" out there because, somehow, I was too good and too pure of a person in their mind to see me having sex, while all I really wanted to do was get my dick wet in high school.


Having a kid during high school is one of the sure fire tickets to poverty. If you get a girl pregnant, can't exactly force them to get an abortion if they decide to keep the baby. The biological father is on the hook for child support unless they "disappear" and can't be found.


What does that have to do with the point?

I mean, I agree, but that wasn't really the point.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser
 
Posts: 86046
Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:03 pm

Bakery Hill wrote:You just need to get pissed more often. It'll do youse all wonders, trust me.


Pissed = drunk?
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

User avatar
Bakery Hill
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 11973
Founded: Jul 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakery Hill » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:06 pm

Saiwania wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:You cannot imagine how much do I regret now getting into discussions about sex as a teenager because most of the comments were basically women trying to defend my virginity from the "rapacious bitches" out there because, somehow, I was too good and too pure of a person in their mind to see me having sex, while all I really wanted to do was get my dick wet in high school.


Having a kid during high school is one of the sure fire tickets to poverty. If you get a girl pregnant, can't exactly force them to get an abortion if they decide to keep the baby. The biological father is on the hook for child support unless they "disappear" and can't be found.

Do you think everyone who gets laid gets pregnant? If you're so concerned that multiple types of contraceptives aren't good enough, there are a number of other things you and your gf can do together that cannot possibly result in an unwanted surprise.
Founder of the Committee for Proletarian Morality - Winner of Best Communist Award 2018 - Godfather of NSG Syndicalism

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Camtropia, Cerespasia, Cole Whyte-Gurney, Google Adsense [Bot], Grinning Dragon, Maraganta, Northern Socialist Council Republics, Past beans, The Ankhalic Vaspriot, Yunogaku

Advertisement

Remove ads