NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Aedrorynn {OOC|CLOSED}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Nea Videssos wrote:You say any point in time, does that include the future (it may be more correct to say "a future")? :p

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Oh dear, with all the World War soldiers popping up, I'm tempted to bring an Austrian medic from WWI into the mix.

But that Confederate also tempts me to make a black Union foot soldier...

But the ancients are sort of tempting me as well. Like, a Carthaginian elephant rider from Hannibal's army in Italia, or a Mongolian horse archer from Genghis Khan's original horde, or maybe an old fashioned Welsh/Irish Longbow archer from the War of the Roses...

Umm... Isn't the answer obvious. MONGOLS!

Brusia wrote:Name: Captain Paul Montgomery
Starting Equipment: Horse, saddle-bags, cavalry saber, 1859 Sharps cavalry carbine, LeMat revolver, extra ammo (30 rounds for the Sharps, 90, .42 caliber and 10, 20 gauge rounds for the LeMat plus the necessary black powder), Bowie knife, canteen, blanket, and a week's worth of rations

If he was in a battle prior, please drop the amount of ammo (you have to keep track of it) by half for the 90 .42 caliber rounds specifically then I can accept.

Hothnia wrote:Name: Gerhard Sweinger

Accepted. Hint for future referrence, when trying to link to a single post, click the small page icon beside the "by _______". That will give you the url for the exact post.
Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:34 pm

Ja! Deutschland Über Alles! Dïe Second Reich shall be rebuilt! On a side note, thanks for the info.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:If he was in a battle prior, please drop the amount of ammo (you have to keep track of it) by half then I can accept.

Well, the battle was only just beginning when he was abducted which is why I figured he'd have a decent amount of ammo. Would it be alright if I just knocked the Sharps' ammo down to 10 rounds? (That'd give him exactly 10 reloads for each weapon type, which would make ammo a little easier to keep track of).

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Hothnia wrote:Ja! Deutschland Über Alles! Dïe Second Reich shall be rebuilt! On a side note, thanks for the info.

Not going to happen.

Brusia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:If he was in a battle prior, please drop the amount of ammo (you have to keep track of it) by half then I can accept.

Well, the battle was only just beginning when he was abducted which is why I figured he'd have a decent amount of ammo. Would it be alright if I just knocked the Sharps' ammo down to 10 rounds? (That'd give him exactly 10 reloads for each weapon type, which would make ammo a little easier to keep track of).

See edit.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:39 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Hothnia wrote:Ja! Deutschland Über Alles! Dïe Second Reich shall be rebuilt! On a side note, thanks for the info.

Not going to happen.

Brusia wrote:Well, the battle was only just beginning when he was abducted which is why I figured he'd have a decent amount of ammo. Would it be alright if I just knocked the Sharps' ammo down to 10 rounds? (That'd give him exactly 10 reloads for each weapon type, which would make ammo a little easier to keep track of).

See edit.

I know. More like try to survive, hopefully find a wife, make a family, try to build a new life.

Brusia
Senator

Founded: May 22, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brusia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:41 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:See edit.

Alright, edited my app.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43 pm

Brusia wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:See edit.

Alright, edited my app.

Its good now
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Taggeroni! UuU
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:11 pm

Character App
Name: Aaron Kellet
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Bio: Aaron Kellet lived a fairly simple life prior to being transported to Aedrorynn. Born in a rural town of Mansfield, Ohio, in 1925, Aaron spent his first 16 years of life working as a farmhand on the ranch owned by his parents: Carter and Angela Kellet. However, much of this changed when the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor. Instilled with a sense of patriotism, he purchased a bus ticket and trekked to Cincinatti in order to enlist in the U.S. Army before the draft came around to his neck of the woods. Almost immediately, he was sent to England in order to train with the 101st Airborne Division.

He was merely 19 years old when the invasion of D-Day began. His unit was tasked with deploying behind the enemy beachhead and attacking key locations in Normandy. As he was preparing to jump from his plane, however, his gear was checked off incorrectly by the jumpmaster. After leaving the airplane, he attempted to deploy his main chute. When that didn't work, and he was hurtling towards the ground, he tried his reserve chute. No such luck. As he was accepting his fate, and about to hit the ground, a bright light blinded him.

He woke up here, in Aedrorynn, to waves splashing his face. It is here his story begins.

Appearance:

Starting Equipment:
  • M1A1 Thompson Submachine Gun, with 150 rounds. (Aaron never saw combat, and thus came with full combat load to Aedrorynn)
  • M1911 Handgun, 28 rounds.
  • One Mk 2 Fragmentation Grenade
  • Standard U.S. Paratrooper Uniform with accompanying equipment, including a trench knife, a gas mask, an entrenching tool, two packs of cigarettes, and a Zippo lighter with the 101st Airborne crest engraved on it.
  • A deck of cards.
  • A necklace with a golden cross and the visage of Saint Patrick on it.

Skills: Aaron, with all his training, is fairly good at being a soldier. His marksmanship is fair, though his machinegun is much more efficient at utilizing withering volume of fire than carefully placed shots. He is also exceptionally strong and hardy, from long years working a farm with little other than the simple tools of old. He can also speak a touch of German, most relating to ordering surrender or to put your weapon on the ground. He has basic knowledge of treating and mending the wounds of injured animals.

RP Sample: We know eachother right?
Did you read the Rules? Skimmed 'em.

Optional Stuff:

Personality: For the most part, I'll develop this during the RP, but Aaron is a fairly simple kid. He's kind, well-mannered, and always ready to offer a helping hand. His words may be few and far between, but he often has a lot on his mind. When he speaks, you know it's something important.

Alignment: Neutral Good
Theme Song: The Screaming Eagles Song(AIR ASSAULT!)
Last edited by Cerrania on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:32 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Arno
*much screaming occurs*

Well, at least this one won't have to deal with a homicidal maniac, LOL.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:43 pm

Also, don't think that that 'Sukarettorokku' thing escaped my attention. I see what you did there.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Arno
*much screaming occurs*

Well, I was initially thinking about simply adapting Dremo for this.. xD

But in the end, I simply decided that this roleplay is too different, so I wouldn't be able to just use Dremo there.

So this Arno will be mostly inspired by Dremo, yes, but he will be slightly different :P

And true, his life should be a little easier without that xD
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:01 am

I think that my app is finished..

In regards to ammo, is half of the standard (roughly around 60 bullets for the rifle, and two spare clips of 8 rounds for the pistol) too much?

It kinda seems to be too much.. so I can reduce it to 30 bullets and a single spare clip.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:25 am

Well, now that I've found this, I clearly need to get an app or two up. Just wondering though, I know you've said future is allowed, but what about different branching futures? Like if someone does a character from a normal, technologically advanced happy future, could I still make a character from a post apocalyptic hellhole that most likely wouldn't exist on the first persons timeline?

Anyway, besides that idea, I have another one I'm gonna make now. Then, if my post apoc kid is allowed, I'll make another app for him later.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:00 am

Alright, so here's my first character app. If the post apocalyptic thing is allowed, he's from that period, and if its not, probably some city in Latin America or maybe the Balkans. I don't know. Also, in case you've picked up on it, yeah, he's basically Jeremy with a better backstory.

CODE: SELECT ALL
Character App
Name: Wander

Sex: Male

Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

Bio:
A street urchin born in a crime-ridden country he never even knew the name of, Wander's early life was a constant fight for survival. Every day involved scrounging around for food, and then fighting off others who wanted to take that food. He and the small group of fellow street children he was part of often wound up fighting, injuring, and killing other people, both young and old.

However, one day when he was little older than eight, a teenager wandered through the town. As she passed the children, she gave them food, and then protected them from the adults who tried to take it from them, going so far as to take on several at once. Inspired by the young woman, Wander followed her out of the town, and when she asked why, he told her he wanted to be like her. Worried about the extra 'baggage', the girl tried to convince him to go back, but eventually gave up when it was clear he wasn't giving up. When she asked him his name, however, he became confused, as the concept of 'names' had never really been important enough to focus on, given the constant struggle that had been his life. Oddly enough, this was something they had both shared, as she herself hadn't known her own name for a long time, having a very similar childhood. Eventually, she had decided her name would be Lone, as when she had first decided to wander across the country, no one else had joined her. She then told him that it always seems most fitting to come up with a name when you first start your journey, to give the fact that you are essentially starting a new life the weight it deserves. After a short while, thinking through his limited vocabulary, he decided on a word Lone had used a lot, describing a large part of his new life.

Wander.

And so Wander and Lone set off on their journey across the country. As time went by, Lone taught Wander many things, such as how to read and write. She also told him stories, inspiring his imagination and giving him a new passion of his own, story writing.

Another thing Lone taught him was the joy of helping people, as they wandered around doing what they could to make people's lives easier. Sometimes this involved fighting, but sometimes it was as simple as helping someone fix a roof. Over the years, Wander learnt a great many skills, even if his academic knowledge never really grew.

By the time he was eighteen, Wander was a completely different person to the skinny, jaded child who had left the city all those years ago. He was now a far larger man, in weight, height, and musculature, having easier access to food than he had ever had when he was young. It was also rare for him to not be smiling, as between travelling with Lone, helping people by trying to make their lives a little easier, and writing about his travels, he rarely felt depressed. This was quite a feat, considering that the world he lived in was still a very painful, dangerous place, with he and Lone witnessing horrible atrocities quite regularly. However, he always knew that wherever he and Lone travelled, they would do what they could to make a difference.

However, one day while he and Lone were travelling through a particularly overgrown area of road, his vision was filled with a blinding, white light. The next thing he knew, he woke up on something he'd only ever read about, but never actually seen in person, a beach.

Appearance:

Starting Equipment: One large backpack, one trench knife, one hatchet, two large empty notebooks, one half full notebook, several pens and pencils, one makeshift knife made of broken metal, A homemade necklace.
Skills: Fighting, Writing, Storytelling, Carpentry and general repairs, Hunting, Observation.
Despite his size, he is actually very agile and quick.

RP Sample: I mean, I'm pretty sure you remember me, right?
Did you read the Rules? Yes.

Optional Stuff:

Personality: Kind and protective, Wander is the type of person who wants to help people. Despite being someone who looked out for himself above all others when he was young, he is now more than willing to put himself in harms way to protect people he barely knows. This is due to his belief that, as he has harmed and even killed a very large number of people in his past, he does not deserve to put his life above others. He also knows how to appreciate the little things in life, enjoying both peaceful and boisterous moments with friends.

Likes: Peaceful environments, Writing, Helping people, Spending time with friends, Traveling.

Dislikes: Needless violence, Suffering, Hypocracy.

Alignment: No alignment this time, even though its probably clear what it would be.
Theme Song:
Passive:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6jQxDA3ubLY

Active:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UPatSgCDltU
Last edited by Granis on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:08 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:*much screaming occurs*

Well, I was initially thinking about simply adapting Dremo for this.. xD

But in the end, I simply decided that this roleplay is too different, so I wouldn't be able to just use Dremo there.

So this Arno will be mostly inspired by Dremo, yes, but he will be slightly different :P

Nothing makes your life easier like not having to deal with an insanely traumatized and homicidal maniac. XD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:12 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Well, I was initially thinking about simply adapting Dremo for this.. xD

Nothing makes your life easier like not having to deal with an insanely traumatized and homicidal maniac. XD

But then again, this particular Arno is traumatized by having fought for one of the most incompetent armies in WW1.

So his life won't be that much better xD

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Nothing makes your life easier like not having to deal with an insanely traumatized and homicidal maniac. XD

But then again, this particular Arno is traumatized by having fought for one of the most incompetent armies in WW1.

And, I mean, everything is still trying to kill him. XD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:17 am

Charlia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:But then again, this particular Arno is traumatized by having fought for one of the most incompetent armies in WW1.

And, I mean, everything is still trying to kill him. XD

And I seriously doubt that a bolt-action rifle is going to help him too much :P

So RIP Arno xD

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:10 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:And, I mean, everything is still trying to kill him. XD

And I seriously doubt that a bolt-action rifle is going to help him too much :P

So RIP Arno xD

Hey he's not alone. There's another German ( Austrian is still Germanic, eh) with a bolt action rifle. Admittedly, it's a much better bolt action rifle but it's still bolt action.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:15 am

Hothnia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:And I seriously doubt that a bolt-action rifle is going to help him too much :P

So RIP Arno xD

Hey he's not alone. There's another German ( Austrian is still Germanic, eh) with a bolt action rifle. Admittedly, it's a much better bolt action rifle but it's still bolt action.

True, but if they ever meet, it's going to be extremely confusing for Arno. xD

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:28 am

My second character ( I think that's allowed)

Character App
Name: Anna Del Favero
Sex: F
Sexual Orientation: Hetro
Bio: Anna was born in 2003 in Northern Virginia to a small business owner and a nurse at a nearby hospital. She recieved a good education thus far and has had nothing unexpected in her life thus far. She is about to enter as a freshman at her local high school and has a group of close knit friends that she has spent her entire life with. Anna generally loves learning and athletics and spends good parts of her days either playing sports or reading.

At the time of her disappearance, Anna was riding horses at a nearby ranch. Anna disappeared while on a mountain trail, her faithful dog Sammy trotting beside her and riding her favorite horse, Lucky. Anna was sucked into a bright flash of light and reappeared on a white sand beach, still on her horse, her dog gone,much to her sorrow.
Appearance:

Starting Equipment: Watch, IPhone ( basically worthless), 20 US dollars, pocket flashlight, sun hat, sunglasses,Black Arabian horse Lucky
Skills: Good horseback rider, intelligent in the ways of ocean sciences and 20th century history, good athlete

RP Sample: I've made one app
Did you read the Rules? Yeah

Optional Stuff:

Personality: Anna is generally a caring person who loves people and animals in general. At first she can be quite shy but once you get to know her she is very open to you and actually cares about how you're doing. She's quite humble and modest, but competitive in sports.
Dislikes: Bad weather, artichokes, anchovies, hot weather

Alignment: Good neutral
Theme Song:
Last edited by Hothnia on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:37 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Hothnia wrote:

True, but if they ever meet, it's going to be extremely confusing for Arno. xD

Very true. Although it's going very confusing if any of them met. The worst might be the American Paratrooper and my Wehrmacht soldier. Might.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:39 am

Hothnia wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:True, but if they ever meet, it's going to be extremely confusing for Arno. xD

Very true. Although it's going very confusing if any of them met. The worst might be the American Paratrooper and my Wehrmacht soldier. Might.

True.

But like, they have extremely similar uniforms, and they both speak German, so it's going to be really weird xD

And, a random fact, Arno was supposed to die during the battle in which your character's father was killed, the Argonne Offensive.

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Hothnia wrote:

True.

But like, they have extremely similar uniforms, and they both speak German, so it's going to be really weird xD

And, a random fact, Arno was supposed to die during the battle in which your character's father was killed, the Argonne Offensive.

Ahhhh.... Quite the coincidence. So, if the American and German start shooting and your characters there, whose side would he be on?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse