NATION

PASSWORD

The Grey Wardens: Warden-Lieutenant Eshialand

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Hawks had a few too many tonight

What's up, what's up, what's up. Tim's back from moving to a new place, and he's got a tale for you.

After two weeks of inactivity caused by my lack of presence, we decided to get our shit together, get to the battlefield, and slay some darkspawn. All the boys and girls got together, donned their gear, and headed off into battle. First we encountered some oddly-moving Black Hawks, as well as a group from the North Pacific. The Black Hawks, after a good mix of wins, misses, and losing, decided that ten minutes was all they could handle tonight and headed back into the Deep Roads to inform the Arch-Demon of their lacking stamina. The NPA then moved into a pretty chilly region, and the cold must have messed up their targeting mechanisms because we strolled in and swept them out with ease. Following that, we decided to focus on our favorite child. Running with everyone's favorite darkspawn were some of the SPSF boys who wanted to make the game a bit competitive. We still beat them though because we had the SPSF Girlsquad on our side. Anyways, the darkspawn got sent packing home, the Libcord boys were back in town, and Serres continues to try to justify his slow moving speeds as some sort of "strategy".

Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Bailing Cuz They Failing
Civilian

Founded: Aug 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bailing Cuz They Failing » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:28 pm

Kids these days are lacking stamina.

Escade
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Escade » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:00 pm

Update and VC was totally lit. I love you guys and my girl squad <3

The Resentine Kingdom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Resentine Kingdom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:07 pm

#ReturnOfTheRes
Just a guy who eats sandwiches from time to time.

Vaultmoras
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaultmoras » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:43 pm

The Resentine Kingdom wrote:#ReturnOfTheRes

Lol how did you miss out on using #Resurrection?

The Resentine Kingdom
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Resentine Kingdom » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:50 pm

Vaultmoras wrote:
The Resentine Kingdom wrote:#ReturnOfTheRes

Lol how did you miss out on using #Resurrection?

I blame my current lack of Sandwiches.
Just a guy who eats sandwiches from time to time.

Aclion
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:03 am

Warden Roavin wrote:
Cormactopia Prime wrote:Is it true that the Grey Wardens now have a policy against intervention in any internal Feeder or Sinker conflict?

For what it's worth, I promise that this line of questioning is not directly about Lazarus, nor intended to become yet another Lazarus discussion.

I'll quote Chamberlain Vincent Drake:

Vincent Drake wrote:It is TGW's standing position not to interfere with the internal affairs of GCRs.

This isn't new, by the way.

As a followup, does the grey wardens consider Lazarus to be an internal conflict?
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Vaultmoras
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaultmoras » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:29 am

Aclion wrote:
Warden Roavin wrote:
I'll quote Chamberlain Vincent Drake:

This isn't new, by the way.

As a followup, does the grey wardens consider Lazarus to be an internal conflict?

Is our children learning?

Canton Empire
Senator

Founded: Mar 24, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Canton Empire » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:40 am

Vaultmoras wrote:
Aclion wrote:As a followup, does the grey wardens consider Lazarus to be an internal conflict?

Ooo Alt got a new puppet. Is this for when NK finally tries to nuke America?
President of the Republic of Saint Osmund
Offically Called a Silly boy by the real Donald Johnson

Aclion
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:43 am

Vaultmoras wrote:
Aclion wrote:As a followup, does the grey wardens consider Lazarus to be an internal conflict?

The Grey Wardens is the name of a region and therefore singular. If I were to ask "Do the grey wardens..." I would be asking for the opinion of it's membership rather then the the official position of the region. :geek:
A popular Government, without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a Prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or, perhaps both. - James Madison.

Vaultmoras
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Vaultmoras » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 am

Aclion wrote:
Vaultmoras wrote:

The Grey Wardens is the name of a region and therefore singular. If I were to ask "Do the grey wardens..." I would be asking for the opinion of it's membership rather then the the official position of the region. :geek:

The Grey Wardens don't think about much anymore.
Last edited by Vaultmoras on Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aclion
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aclion » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:57 am

Vaultmoras wrote:
Aclion wrote:The Grey Wardens is the name of a region and therefore singular. If I were to ask "Do the grey wardens..." I would be asking for the opinion of it's membership rather then the the official position of the region. :geek:

The Grey Wardens don't think about much anymore.

Oh that's sad.

Warden Roavin
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Warden Roavin » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:20 am

Yes.
Proud member of The Order of the Grey Wardens

Unless explicitly stated otherwise, the opinions expressed in the above post are my own and not representative of any region I'm a part of.

The player of this nation primarily plays as Roavin.

The NAtion OF Froggy
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAtion OF Froggy » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:37 pm

wow, tgw congrats on the update success.
Former Kingpin of Toads Mafia.
Former Provincial Governor of The Pacific.
Deputy Outreach Officer of The Rejected Realms

I ain't saying I'm the best but I should be in the top ten, give me a list of names, I'm-ma top them
I'm just playing with ya, I don't care where the top is
Leave me at the bottom, let me work for it, you ain't never gonna find another rapper in the game
And tell me that he works more, tell me that he works more, nah!

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:51 pm

The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:wow, tgw congrats on the update success.

Thanks dude o>

I'd have had a sick update for minor too, but unfortunately it was not to be. Instead we saw The Roman Empire fail to trigger successfully even once during a 45 minute period.

Given that it has been well documented that the raider faction are our children and we are their daddy, we want it to be known that we're not mad; we're just disappointed.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Mostly Benevolent Tyranny
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Mostly Benevolent Tyranny » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
Given that it has been well documented that the raider faction are our children and we are their daddy, we want it to be known that we're not mad; we're just disappointed.

That's some seriously bad parenting.
Marius Rahl
Fortitudine Vincimus!

Zaolat - Today at 7:15 PM
Drall turns everything he's involved in into an orgy.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:58 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:the raider faction are our children and we are their daddy

The Farkers were around in 2003; the Children of the Grave no more than a year after that, and the Land of Kings and Emperors a year after that. Where were the Grey Wardens in 2003-05, huh? ;)
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:08 pm

Tinhampton wrote:

The Farkers were around in 2003; the Children of the Grave no more than a year after that, and the Land of Kings and Emperors a year after that. Where were the Grey Wardens in 2003-05, huh? ;)

If we're going for 2005...
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Moneyness
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Moneyness » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:14 pm

Tim-Opolis wrote:
The NAtion OF Froggy wrote:wow, tgw congrats on the update success.

Thanks dude o>

I'd have had a sick update for minor too, but unfortunately it was not to be. Instead we saw The Roman Empire fail to trigger successfully even once during a 45 minute period.

Don't act like you guys are so great amazing because of these past two updates lol. Everyone knows that the last two updates were ones where Violet was switching the update times making it last longer. I would be more impressed if the big reports and gloating was done on updates where you do this well on your own which during some updates uou do and it is not because of update being lengthened which as an end result makes triggers loose and your job easier and the longer update not affecting you.

Btw I invite TGW to be more sporty with tag raids and chase manually as we and all regional armies besides Lily Manually trigger and raid. That is of course unless you need the key presses to be competitive during update.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Tinhampton wrote:

Daddy has always been around in one form or another, handing spankings out to those that misbehave. The shape of the palm print might be ever-changing, but the heinies of naughty children have always and will always be red.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Deadeye Jack
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 03, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deadeye Jack » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:26 pm

Moneyness wrote:
Btw I invite TGW to be more sporty with tag raids and chase manually as we and all regional armies besides Lily Manually trigger and raid. That is of course unless you need the key presses to be competitive during update.

I see you're still willfully disregarding the differences between being the one to tag and being the one to chase. There is a ceiling to how fast we can move both manually and with a key press. The margin for error is small. Defenders are perfectly capable of moving within a second or two when the GO is called. We already have the page ready to go and just have to click move. That is not, however, what is demanded from defenders when they have to chase raiders.

Benevolent Thomas
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Benevolent Thomas » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:39 pm

Deadeye Jack wrote:
Moneyness wrote:

I see you're still willfully disregarding the differences between being the one to tag and being the one to chase. There is a ceiling to how fast we can move both manually and with a key press. The margin for error is small. Defenders are perfectly capable of moving within a second or two when the GO is called. We already have the page ready to go and just have to click move. That is not, however, what is demanded from defenders when they have to chase raiders.

Why even try to explain things to them? They told us for years to try harder and we have. Its their turn to try harder (while following the site's rules) and stop whining.
Ballotonia wrote:Personally, I think there's something seriously wrong with a game if it willfully allows the destruction of longtime player communities in favor of kids whose sole purpose is to enjoy ruining the game for others.

Shizensky
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 29, 2004
New York Times Democracy

Postby Shizensky » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:42 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Deadeye Jack wrote:

Why even try to explain things to them? They told us for years to try harder and we have. Its their turn to try harder (while following the site's rules) and stop whining.

"Innovate!"

Innovates.

"Stop innovating!"
"Look, that's why there's rules, understand?
So that you think before you break 'em."
My favorite thing about UDP jokes
is I don't care if you get them or not.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:50 pm

Benevolent Thomas wrote:
Deadeye Jack wrote:

inb4 Predator 2.0 and raiding banned
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

RiderSyl
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby RiderSyl » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:32 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Benevolent Thomas wrote:Why even try to explain things to them? They told us for years to try harder and we have. Its their turn to try harder (while following the site's rules) and stop whining.

inb4 Predator 2.0 and raiding banned

You're giving me awful flashbacks.
R.I.P. Dyakovo
Sylvia Montresor

Ashmoria
Karpathos
~ You may think I’m small, but I have a universe inside my mind. ~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay