NATION

PASSWORD

1900 : Alternative Divergence | Interest Thread

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Rygondria wrote:The emperor is ofcourse not going to sit around and will send the imperial army to deal with it, the problem arises when the reach jungle which will slow their approach and give the rebels time to ambush, one of the only ways they can face the imperial army because head on battle with the Imperial army would result in the rebellion being crushed. That and siege warfare of the important port cities on the coast would take up alot of time, so it might take a couple months for the full force of the Imperial army to arrive in the south with the garrisons being pinned down in holding the fortifications. That and the fact that they might or might not still use war elephants might give you an idea on some of their military tradition though modern arms are becoming the standard their is still a strong sense of Alexandrian tradition in the army.

This problem can be easily solved by the Koreans, who will be more than happy to not only blockade any ports in the area but also offer assistance to ferry the soldiers from the north to troubled south. Once linked to the ports, Koreans can also supply the Imperial Army. Furthermore, Korean colonial soldiers are already extremely capable in the jungle, as Chuk-Jae-Do is practically built on it, and can provide fast pathfinders for the Imperial Army to position themselves against any ambush.

I guess the major problem would come from what you said: Imperial Court's pride. The Viceroy would certainly try to convince the emperor provide aid and support, but I don't know if the emperor would stomach the pride of foreign assistance in his own lands. Either way, Chuk-Jae-Do would most likely request and gain mobilization of navy, and several ships would be parked on major ports in the south to ensure that the rebels are well and truly separated from any foreign support that may come due to India's enemies.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Rygondria wrote:The emperor is ofcourse not going to sit around and will send the imperial army to deal with it, the problem arises when the reach jungle which will slow their approach and give the rebels time to ambush, one of the only ways they can face the imperial army because head on battle with the Imperial army would result in the rebellion being crushed. That and siege warfare of the important port cities on the coast would take up alot of time, so it might take a couple months for the full force of the Imperial army to arrive in the south with the garrisons being pinned down in holding the fortifications. That and the fact that they might or might not still use war elephants might give you an idea on some of their military tradition though modern arms are becoming the standard their is still a strong sense of Alexandrian tradition in the army.

This problem can be easily solved by the Koreans, who will be more than happy to not only blockade any ports in the area but also offer assistance to ferry the soldiers from the north to troubled south. Once linked to the ports, Koreans can also supply the Imperial Army. Furthermore, Korean colonial soldiers are already extremely capable in the jungle, as Chuk-Jae-Do is practically built on it, and can provide fast pathfinders for the Imperial Army to position themselves against any ambush.

I guess the major problem would come from what you said: Imperial Court's pride. The Viceroy would certainly try to convince the emperor provide aid and support, but I don't know if the emperor would stomach the pride of foreign assistance in his own lands. Either way, Chuk-Jae-Do would most likely request and gain mobilization of navy, and several ships would be parked on major ports in the south to ensure that the rebels are well and truly separated from any foreign support that may come due to India's enemies.

Of course claiming to be the true successors to Alexander's empire would cause the imperial court to want to handle things themselves and try to limit the Korean involvement so that they can claim that they are indeed worthy to succeed Alexander, Most likely if he does not flat out refuse he would just say that they are mercenaries, which would not technically violate the Mandate since Alexander did use plenty of those. But having foreign troops help him put down a rebellion of lesser's might drive him to make up for it by extending the empires control either east into Burma or towards the central Asian states if the mercenary thing is seen through.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 pm

Mechanist Combine wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: Incan Confederacy
Territory:(Preferably in picture form) Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Bolivia, Brazil (South of the Amazon, Solimões River, and the Putumayo River)
#AltDiv (do not delete this, it's for keeping track of the apps)
*Note: The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

I think that this could be neat.

Brazil is already taken.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:39 pm

Greater Slavic Union wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: The Kingdom of Cossacks (The Cossack Hetmanate, informally)
Territory: (Image)
#AltDiv
*Note: The OP board reserves the right to be subjective in regards to accepting reservations.

So... this fucks up my idea... given that you got Kyiv...

As I already told you once, I don't see how it does that. You could have had Kiev in the past.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

The Free Territory of Makhnovia wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name:Khaganate of Mongolia
Territory:(Preferably in picture form)

It looks alright to me.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

The Orson Empire wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: Orson
Territory: Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Angola, the rest of Indonesia

I'm not that sure about Indonesia, it might be already taken entirely by someone else, but the rest is alright.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: The Franzi Empire
Territory:(Preferably in picture form)
(Image)

What's Franzi supposed to be? A native African country?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 pm

Danceria wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:
Crap. I think I used a wrong word for "isolationist." Trotsky would have done neverstop revolution against all capitalist worlds... if my Russian history memory isn't lying to me. So I suppose it is more along the lines of "revolutionary, idealist Soviet Union"?

Leninist, or mild Stalinist?

Edit: Is Franco Iberia still a thing?

It is still a thing. And unless anyone will have an interest in Iberia, it will continue to be Franco-Iberia.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:41 pm

The V O I D wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: China (placeholder)
Territory: Whatever's left of China, or at the very least, most of China along the eastern coast/most of Eastern China.

Eastern China could work, but we would need some sort of an map to see what you want to claim, most of China is free right now.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:43 pm

Reservation

Nation Name: Western Slavic Kingdom
Territory: Czechoslovakia, Poland, Lithuania (in 1936 borders), East Prussia, Silesia, and west bank of the Dniepr*

*I suggest to use imgur for the map, also it might be just me, but it is impossible to edit, with this size (to edit decently)

Alright, Prussia is taken, but you get Silesia, and the west bank of the Dniepr is dependent on the borders of the Cossacks.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:44 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Rygondria wrote:So without norse india i wonder what would happen with southern india, Besides the Indo-Hellenic influences from the north would their be a multitude of independent rajah's, is it larger nations, ETC.

Probably gobbled up by the Koreans if the new India didn't step in. Coastal regions would be controlled and used as ports by Korean trade companies to ship goods more safely to Babylos, which is a primary trade port for Koreans to move their goods up to Constantinople.

Alternatively Korea would have assisted Hellenic India to enforce authority in the region. Chuk-Jae-Do only seeks military intervention when absolutely necessary... see pirates for more details... and would have helped the North subjugate all the Rajah's to ensure security in the region. By extension, the Viceroyalty would have desired free trade going through India, literally force-opening free trade of spices to Rome.

In short? Two ways:
1) Korea saw that Northern India was too weak to side with, and took it upon themselves to maintain waterways clean. No net gain or loss from any parties, but Korea would have guarded Southern India like a dog and as a result no technological innovation in the region.

2) Korea saw potential in Northern India and assisted them to keep order in the South, providing goods, technology, and supply to the northern regime to aid in squashing any insurrections. However in return Korea would have wanted their merchants free reign in the area, which would have opened up spice market through Korea rather than through Persia. End result: India benefits from a strong ally to the south, Korean merchants become even more wealthy, and Rome becomes the largest supplier of Indian spices in Europe.

So... take your pick?

You're not the only colonial power in the world though. And while India is indeed in Asia, it's not as close to big Asian powers like the Philippines or China. As such, it would be extremely fair to say that European powers have an interest/influence in China too.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: Orson
Territory: Italy, Sicily, Sardinia, Corsica, Angola, the rest of Indonesia

I'm not that sure about Indonesia, it might be already taken entirely by someone else, but the rest is alright.

Let's see... err... based on back and forth between few of the board members, I am 90% sure that most of of what constitutes as Indonesia is Korean. Sumatra, Java, and Borneo is, but Sulawesi is iffy. Korea never expanded towards Flores and Timor, and Spice Islands and New Guinea is Japanese as far as Koreans are concerned when we last drew lines.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:48 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I'm not that sure about Indonesia, it might be already taken entirely by someone else, but the rest is alright.

Let's see... err... based on back and forth between few of the board members, I am 90% sure that most of of what constitutes as Indonesia is Korean. Sumatra, Java, and Borneo is, but Sulawesi is iffy. Korea never expanded towards Flores and Timor, and Spice Islands and New Guinea is Japanese as far as Koreans are concerned when we last drew lines.

Indonesia isn't exactly my strong point in terms of geography, but I know that Korea and Japan have most of it.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:50 pm

What would the Romans think of the Empire of India (Besides being the place where they get their spices and the overly ambitious imperial family).

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:57 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:You're not the only colonial power in the world though. And while India is indeed in Asia, it's not as close to big Asian powers like the Philippines or China. As such, it would be extremely fair to say that European powers have an interest/influence in China too.

That's very true. Korean merchants won't be the only ones to benefit from open India either. Still, Korea would benefit the most from friendly India as it can literally close or open trade routes between Korea and Rome, which is vital to Korea economy.

India certainly has a symbolic value due to it being... well, India, and I am sure that many European countries will jump at a chance to assist India in any way shape or form to gain favor from the India government. I am just the first one to put the offer on the table XDDD

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 am

Rygondria wrote:What would the Romans think of the Empire of India (Besides being the place where they get their spices and the overly ambitious imperial family).

That's a very good questions. By themselves, and through the Koreans, the Romans should have moderately good relations with them, although I'm not sure yet if the Empire of India will be recognized as such ( I mean, of an Imperial rank. In real life, only the Persian shahanshah was recognized as an equal to the Roman Emperor).

And then again, if Ik does come back as Persia, then the Romans will have extremely good relations with it, which could damage any relations with India.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:05 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Rygondria wrote:What would the Romans think of the Empire of India (Besides being the place where they get their spices and the overly ambitious imperial family).

That's a very good questions. By themselves, and through the Koreans, the Romans should have moderately good relations with them, although I'm not sure yet if the Empire of India will be recognized as such ( I mean, of an Imperial rank. In real life, only the Persian shahanshah was recognized as an equal to the Roman Emperor).

And then again, if Ik does come back as Persia, then the Romans will have extremely good relations with it, which could damage any relations with India.

This makes an interesting point: would Koreans see Persia as a rival to spice trade in Babylos, or would they see Persia as another market to profit from? Persian goods are very lucrative when sold to Korean market, so Babylos would serve as an excellent three-way port for Koreans to load up on Persian and European goods before profiting in Chuk-Jae-Do. But would Persian trade interest cannibalize on Korean trade? This is something to consider, and definitely something to ask Ik about once he gets back XDDD.

Mechanist Combine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Mechanist Combine » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:02 am

Reservation

Nation Name: The Republic of Vinland
Territory:(Preferably in picture form) Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Quebec, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland and Labrador

Third time's the charm... Unless it isn't.
Last edited by Mechanist Combine on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Slavic Union
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Slavic Union » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:34 am

Tracian Empire wrote:
Reservation

Nation Name: Western Slavic Kingdom
Territory: Czechoslovakia, Poland, Lithuania (in 1936 borders), East Prussia, Silesia, and west bank of the Dniepr*

*I suggest to use imgur for the map, also it might be just me, but it is impossible to edit, with this size (to edit decently)

Alright, Prussia is taken, but you get Silesia, and the west bank of the Dniepr is dependent on the borders of the Cossacks.

I checked the map tbh and Prussia is listed as free
Official Name: ZápadoSłováńský Králevství
Population: 124.480.112

King: Král Michal I Kolovrát
Population growth: 2,3%

Queen: Královna Klaudia Katmařková-Kolovrátová
PPP GDP: 5.848 billion SK (Slavic Krunas)

Heirs: Crown Prince Oleg, Crown Princess Sylvia,
Warsaw Dukess Oksana, Prince of Prague Paveł
Nominal GDP: 3.868 billion USD

Current Royal Family: Kolovrát House
Fertility Index: 2,1 childs per woman

The Imperial Masonic Dominion
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Masonic Dominion » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:15 am

Is Austria, Hungary, Serbia, and Romania and the Adriatic countries aswell as the remains of the countries that made up Yugoslavia claimed if not then please can I reserve them?
Last edited by The Imperial Masonic Dominion on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:17 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:I'm not that sure about Indonesia, it might be already taken entirely by someone else, but the rest is alright.

You have all of Borneo and northern Sumatra, but the other members of the OP board wouldn't let you have Java or southern Sumatra.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:46 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Alright, Prussia is taken, but you get Silesia, and the west bank of the Dniepr is dependent on the borders of the Cossacks.

I checked the map tbh and Prussia is listed as free

Trust me, the map isn't ready yet. We are working on clearing Helghan's claims, and Prussia is taken. Silesia will be yours though.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:48 am

The Imperial Masonic Dominion wrote:Is Austria, Hungary, Serbia, and Romania and the Adriatic countries aswell as the remains of the countries that made up Yugoslavia claimed if not then please can I reserve them?

Besides from Dobrogea, and small bits of the southern part of Yugoslavia, they are free.

You should use the official reservation format though.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:50 am

Reservation

Nation Name: Western Pacific Territories
Territory: Coastal areas of Libya, between the French colony of Tunisia and Roman Egypt.

WPT will only be able to check this thread later today, so I'm posting his reservation for him.

The Imperial Masonic Dominion
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperial Masonic Dominion » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:26 am

Reservation

Nation Name: The Habsburg Dominion
Territory: Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Romania, Moldova, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Croatia, Slovenia and Montenegro.
#AltDiv(do not delete this, it for keeping track of the apps)
Last edited by The Imperial Masonic Dominion on Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:32 am, edited 9 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse