NATION

PASSWORD

Task Force Rainbow(IC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:41 pm

Noah Nguyen, Elephant
Operation Hotcake

03/03/2012, 1215 Alpha, Ramstein AFB, Germany

Silence reigned through the radio. After the loud snap of something, and then Herrman's cut off cry of sniper and ragged breathing, Noah knew something was awry. And given that the last radio call was to inform the radio team that they'd taken three casualties in the blink of an eye, Noah knew that someone had dropped the ball somewhere.

"Elephant to Lamochette 1-1, please respond. Over." It was the third request for a reply since the sound of a bullet impacting a plate carrier was heard, and there was yet to be one.

"Elephant to Lamochette 1-1, respon-"

<<This, this is Lamochette 1-2 to Elephant come in, over!>> Noah didn't know the names of anyone in Geronimo other than Bridges and Herrman, but he knew the faces and voices otherwise, and there was only one Arab on the team as of current.

"We read you 1-2 what's your situation? Over."

The sound of a rifle firing back could be heard in Akarah's background transmission. Unknown to Noah nor Jax at the time, Fischer was working on taking out the OPFOR sniper. Noah's face paled as Akarah recounted casualties and general squad status.

"Understood 1-2. Get to hard cover, evac and CAS are both en route. Hang in there. Over."

No response, and Noah could only hope that the guy on the other end had heard.

"Elephant to Empire 1-2, come in 1-2." the WSO a few thousand feet above the ground team was his next conversational partner.

<<This is Empire 1-2.>> the deceptively Scottish accent broke through the comms, <<We see a death blossom of smoke down there. I take it the operation's a wash? Over.

"Confirmed 1-2. Mission is a wash. Liquidize objective site. Over."

<<Empire 1-2 copies Elephant. Liquidizing objective site. Over.>>

Noah had been as professional and calm as one could in such a situation. He -for a moment- even forgot that the unit's commander was hovering over him.

Wolfram Herrman, Windsor 1-1
Operation Hotcake

03/03/2012, 1215 Alpha, Northern Tamanrasset Province, Algeria

On the ground Wolfram's eyes fluttered as the sound of gunfire slowly ceased, Alois having successfully taken out the opposing sniper. His chest still felt like hell, and moments later the duo of 2000 pound bombs that slammed into the objective site made him groan as the shockwave washed over him and the others mostly without any harm.

The sound of a rocket engine was initially confused as the F-15 watching over them by the man. Though a single contrail over them in the sky, and a very missile shaped object made him immediately rethink said conclusion. All fears of the missile hitting Algiers were wiped out as Empire strafed the thing with a hail of cannon rounds. a few seconds later, 20mm shell casing plinked the desert around them.

Wolfram closed his eyes and breathed a ragged breath in.

Wolfram Herrman
N/A

03/30/2012, 1005 Alpha, Ramstein AFB, Germany

Wolfram exhaled a ragged breath. His ribs had become stable, enough so he could move without risk of a punctured lung, but he couldn't participate in combat operations for roughly 3 months now.

So he was being cycled out with the only person he'd trust to take his role. One Amanda Deleau, Quebecois, an absolute monster of a human being, and once a subordinate.

And there she was walking out of the C-17 she arrived in, with a number of other replacements. The craft's current occupants being replaced by those who were recalled home or simply opted out. As Herrman passed Deleau he had a single question, "The fuck's with the hair?"

"Dyed it first day of leave, three hours later I get the call that I'd be sent here." her voice was still cut with a rather thick Montreal accent, one that was deceptively light for a woman her size. "Not like it's the only time I've gotten away with being out of reg."

Wolfram frowned, "Fair. Goodluck Deleau, you'll need it."

Amanda Deleau, Windsor 1-1
N/A

03/30/2012, 1005 Alpha, Ramstein AFB, Germany

"Major." replied the taller woman with a nod.

Continuing on her path, she hefted her duffel over her shoulder, sleeves rolled up and eyes hardened, the CADPAT monolith topped with a tan beret continued across the tarmac towards the small section of the airbase relegated to her new unit: Task Force Rainbow.

Namely the unit's CO. One Brigadier General O'Connor.

A number of signs, arrows, and helpful personnel pointed her in the correct direction to the flag officer's office. And, upon arrival, she gave a trio of solid knocks on the door, and stepped back, awaiting a response.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:16 am

Upon returning to Germany, the idea of celebrating a successful mission was beyond Akarah's comprehension. Their commander had been killed, and their best soldier--Wolfram--was seriously hurt.

What did I do wrong? Akarah thought while unslinging his rifle from his shoulders. I listened to the radio, told them everything I heard. I backed up Bridges as best I could . . . what went wrong? I'm supposed to know about how viciously my own people fight.

Blaming himself for all that went wrong became a slowly swirling collection of thoughts in his head as time continued to pass, but it got worse we he had a glimpse of one of the new commanders; a woman with dyed hair.

How disgraceful.

A scream and a string of Arabic curses were working their way up Akarah's throat, but to keep them from coming out, Akarah merely slammed the barrel of his AK-47 against the wall.
Pro: Trump, Assad, Putin, guns, death penalty, Israel, religion, chocolate, me
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

This 10,000 [insert random thing here] genocide thing is a meme, right?

The Best of Assad in 2016

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Dirk Johnson

Dirk (Dressed In a Black Under Armor T-shirt, Wrangler Blue Jeans, and Tan Combat boots), walked off the plane, and followed Amanda to Jax's office. Dirk watched as Amanda Knock on the door, but there wasn't a immediate answer, but the Duo were joined by CMSgt Williams.

"It'll be a few Minutes you two, he is currently in a meeting. Fighting with the REMFs on
Keeping this unit up and running after the last op. They weren't happy with how it ended." Williams said.

Dirk shook his head and sighed. "So same bullshit different day for the General then?" Dirk replied.

"Pretty much, he will be done in a minute, see you guys by the way. Oh by the way, come see me after y'all are done with General O'Connor. I'm CMSGT Williams. I'll be at the Armory." Williams replied before walking down the hall, turning a corner and disappearing from sight

"It wasn't all that bad. I took part in worse missions. Atleast the mission was successful. Could have been worse. Damn REMFs. Your Major Amanda Deleau correct? Major Dirk Johnson." Dirk said in his rural Alaskan Accent.
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:01 pm

Kyraina wrote:"It wasn't all that bad. I took part in worse missions. Atleast the mission was successful. Could have been worse. Damn REMFs. Your Major Amanda Deleau correct? Major Dirk Johnson." Dirk said in his rural Alaskan Accent.

Deleau shook the weathered man's hand, mentally restraining herself from correcting the man of his announcement of rank. She was a Major now, quite the prestige and pay increase from her previous standing at Lieutenant.

She nodded at his assessment of a Pyrrhic victory, "Oui1. I suppose I have a different opinion on the previous operation's events. Given that I received a small briefing packet from both General O'Connor and Major Herrman. O'Connor's was professional and succinct. Herrman's was almost a bad omen, he kept going on about it being a clusterfuck of a unit... And based on our current staff, I'd have to agree somewhat. Several regular force soldiers and special police units mixing in with Tier One means a disaster is bound to happen due to the differences in procedure and training."

Amanda paused, "Je suis désolée2, I'm rambling. My point is we have some work to do, to bring everyone else up by their... bootstraps, I believe is the correct term, yes?" The amazonian looked at the fellow giant with a questioning look of confirmation.

Translations:
1: Oui. = Yes. French.
2: Je suis désolée. = I am sorry [F]. French.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Central Shadow Nation
Minister

Founded: Oct 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:50 pm

Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany
Aku Koskinen, Windsor-5

Aku Koskinen had felt some guilt over the weeks. Knowing he wasn't there to help the several operators who were killed in Operation Hotcake. The sharpshooter had gotten better, as death wasn't entirely new to him, however he recognized some others were still experiencing the aftermath of that operation. He'd been as helpful as he could to most of his fellow operators. It was who he was.

Koskinen managed to catch a glimpse at his squadmate, Abu al-Akarah, slamming his Russian made and quite out dated Ak-47 into the wall. He had never really talked to Akarah, unlike some other team members. "Hey, Akarah." The Finn noticed that Akarah was quite emotional, and although Koskinen thought he knew why, he also thought the opposite of that. He smiled faintly, hoping to 'cheer up' Al-Akarah. He took a quiet deep breath and opened his mouth to ask a question. "Whats on your mind?"
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

ButtasticWaffles
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ButtasticWaffles » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:25 pm

It had been a month since the "successful" mission took place. 2 friendlies were KIA and Wolfram was WIA. Not a single mission so far had gone as planned and the future for the rest of the them just seemed bleak. Schulte was back in the café, the only place that seemed likeable during her whole stay at Ramstein. She ordered another coffee and found a booth. There was word going around about the new team leader that was replacing Wolfram. "I wonder how tough the new leader will be on us" Schulte thought. The training he put on the team was tough but it was the kind the kind it needed if they were to succeed. Whatever the new leader was like, hopefully they could pull the team together.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:27 am

Lamochatte 1-2: James Ryan, Warrant Officer First Class
Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany

James entered the Cafe that was on base, the last mission was a complete and utter shitshow, people got hurt, people got killed, and some people acted in the most fucked way for the situation. He knew when he stood up on the technical he made a pretty big mistake. But he was rusty, and wouldn't do it again. He made sure of that.
He also thought about his little boys' birthday in two days. He was looking forward to it, he'd be able to spend some real, quality time with his kids.
He looked over where Schulte was sitting, sighing while he paid for his coffee. Going over and sitting down across from her.
"How's it goin', haven't seen ya' 'round much aye." He said cheerily.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:12 am

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:Ramstein Air Force Base, Germany
Aku Koskinen, Windsor-5

Aku Koskinen had felt some guilt over the weeks. Knowing he wasn't there to help the several operators who were killed in Operation Hotcake. The sharpshooter had gotten better, as death wasn't entirely new to him, however he recognized some others were still experiencing the aftermath of that operation. He'd been as helpful as he could to most of his fellow operators. It was who he was.

Koskinen managed to catch a glimpse at his squadmate, Abu al-Akarah, slamming his Russian made and quite out dated Ak-47 into the wall. He had never really talked to Akarah, unlike some other team members. "Hey, Akarah." The Finn noticed that Akarah was quite emotional, and although Koskinen thought he knew why, he also thought the opposite of that. He smiled faintly, hoping to 'cheer up' Al-Akarah. He took a quiet deep breath and opened his mouth to ask a question. "Whats on your mind?"

Glancing back slightly at whoever was talking to him, Akarah recognized the soldier as a Finn from when he first came to the base a while ago. He lowered his weapon, looking down at the floor before making eye contact with Koskinen. "Commander Bridges died because of me," he said, slinging his rifle over his shoulder, and folding his arms over his chest. "Now . . . they give us new commanders, and one of them has dyed hair? No military I know of allows that! This is disgraceful! An outright insult to every soldier here!"
Anti: Obama, Clinton, Stalin, Hitler, Communism, ISIS, gay marriage, stupid people, drugs, FSA

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010

Postby Kyraina » Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:56 am

Dirk Johnson And Jax O'Connor

"It's fine. Atleast it was No Operstion Andoconda or Operation Red Wings. Besides Can't be worse then Trying to train the ANA or Iraq's new military or working with a greenhorn on a Crab Fishing boat, just a matter of getting everyone on the same page, and get some chemistry going. Then again I could be over estimating our capabilities. Won't know till we get them training and learn everyone's strength and weaknesses. Also got to see how we need to Para, repel, and scuba qualify. That will be fun so much fun. Also yes it is Pull them up by their Bootstraps, or we could just drown them in the suck." Dirk said as put his hands in his pockets. Just as he did that the door to Jax's office opened.

"Major Johnson, Major Deleau. Come in............ Geezus what the hell do they feed y'all in Alaska and Canada? Fucking Grizzlies? I know y'all where massive, but fucking Christ seeing y'all is a different story. Any Way come on in. We have some stuff re talk about." Jax said as he opened the door and waved them into his office.

As Dirk and Amanda took their seats in his office. "So y'all got the briefing of the last two missions, and we are doing fixes to help that from happening again, adding a Global Hawk team, another CAS Aircraft, and stepping up Intel efforts, and ramping up training. That kind of thing. Now Major Deleau do you have any thing you want to see implemented into Training?"
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:21 am

SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

Anna sat in the cafe, by herself while checking her email. Nothing, nothing, nothing... fucking ads. Anna smiled as she read the letter from her 7 year old sister, most of the words spelled wrong. At lest she tries. That's what matters. Anna's brow furrowed as she read the next message. Why does everyone keep offering me their condolences. It's not as if I was wounded or anything. Did Mother die? Anna clicked into the last and subdued a cry. Jacob is dead. Killed by a fucking Palestinian suicide bomber. Mein Gott, Yaweh... why did this happen?

Anna snapped her computer shut and shoved it in her bag harshly. She stood up abruptly and exited the cafe and saw Akarah, speaking loudly and somewhat angrily, talking with the Fin. She slowly walked up to them and asked them in a small voice " Did something important happen? "

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:16 pm

Ramstein AFB

"Theres nothing you can and could've done,"Aku told the Arab. "You were the best soldier you could've been. Thats why you're here, after all."Koskinen sighed, stretching his soldiers after he finished saying that. "Bridges was a good man, it was no ones fault that he was killed. Someone had to come in and become the leader of Rainbow." The Finnish marksman sighed and looked across the room. "I agree with you about the dyed hair. I know this might seem rude, but shes our new team leader. We have to move on. We're all doing good things here."Aku finished right as the Israeli approached.

"Nothing...Gerhart,"Koskinen took a few seconds to remember sergeants name. "We're just talking about the recent month and changes to this unit,"Koskinen glanced at Anna, waiting for a reply from either of them.
"There's no point in feeling bad for the dead, but for the living who are still in pain."
"If you can't spot the sucker in your first half hour at the table, then you are the sucker."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Kyraina wrote:As Dirk and Amanda took their seats in his office. "So y'all got the briefing of the last two missions, and we are doing fixes to help that from happening again, adding a Global Hawk team, another CAS Aircraft, and stepping up Intel efforts, and ramping up training. That kind of thing. Now Major Deleau do you have any thing you want to see implemented into Training?"

Amanada couldn't help but crack a bit of a smirk upon Jax's exclamation, she had to hold back on quipping a 'correction' on her diet. Besides, the old 'Maple Syrup, Beer and Ham joke' got old real damn quick.

Stepping into the office, the two giants were seated in a rather comfortable pair of chairs. Upon probing for what the future of Geronimo would be Amanda leaned forward a bit, mind brewing with more than a few ideas. "Both day and night paradrop training, SCUBA, vehicular training, basic first aid for everyone seeing as medics going down is a possibility. AT training as well seeing as if myself or... Nurmagomedov? Get hit we won't have dedicated AT otherwise. Reflex fire and breaching can be learned in solo runs through killhouses, or in team exercises. Teaching them to police anyone unknowns with a gun would also avoid the outcome for Operation Darwin. As for Operation Hotcake, teaching the sharpshooters basic counter-sniping techniques would avoid the issue of Bridges and Demidov's deaths, while the encounter with the technical honestly was pure chance from what I've read."

The pinkette shrugged, "Other than that making everyone take a cultural awareness course would help avoid unnecessary tension between team members... Especially since we have Japanese, Brazilian, Turkish, members with us now... Including both Koreas, they just bored holes into each other with their eyes the whole flight here, it was frankly a bit terrifying." Amanda shook her head, despite the Sock's minute size, the woman's gaze was like that of an atomic blast, while the Nork's gaze was similar, he was built for agility and movement. Amanda was willing to bet that the man was quite a CQC specialist, and tough as nails if the Nork propaganda was anything to go by. "I'll keep an eye on the two but I doubt they'd do anything stupid, especially on a US base."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:17 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:Ramstein AFB

"Theres nothing you can and could've done,"Aku told the Arab. "You were the best soldier you could've been. Thats why you're here, after all."Koskinen sighed, stretching his soldiers after he finished saying that. "Bridges was a good man, it was no ones fault that he was killed. Someone had to come in and become the leader of Rainbow." The Finnish marksman sighed and looked across the room. "I agree with you about the dyed hair. I know this might seem rude, but shes our new team leader. We have to move on. We're all doing good things here."Aku finished right as the Israeli approached.

"Nothing...Gerhart,"Koskinen took a few seconds to remember sergeants name. "We're just talking about the recent month and changes to this unit,"Koskinen glanced at Anna, waiting for a reply from either of them.

"But I was right there. I told Bridges about the rocket launch times . . . I was so close . . . there had to have been something I could have done." Akarah rubbed his face. "I just . . . there had to have been something I could've done." He was silent for a few seconds after Gerhart showed up, but he didn't say anything to her after Koskinen basically explained all that was going on.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:39 pm

Ramstein AFB
Aku Koskinen

"Akarah, you did everything that was possible. I heard about the sniper, and it was impossible for you or Bridges to change what happened. The bullet's speed would beat out his reaction even if he or you knew about it in advance,"Aku told Akarah. He didn't like seeing people like this. He had found himself in situations like these when working in Bear Group and the NBI. He though that he knew what to do.

"You were good out there. You wouldn't be here if everything you thought about yourself was true. You're a good soldier, Akarah."

ButtasticWaffles
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ButtasticWaffles » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 pm

Schulte was going through her emails on her laptop, wanting to see if her friends from her former GSG-9 squad sent her anything. Sadly no one had sent her anything but it wasn't huge. She knew being in Rainbow probably restricted her from being sent much from them. "How's it goin', haven't seen ya' 'round much aye." Schulte looked up and surprisingly found James sitting across from her. "Oh hello James, I guess it has been a while won't you say. So tell me, how are you doing?"

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:40 pm

SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

" Changes? What changes? New commander possibly? Or more and different training?" Anna's lip curled a bit. " Is the new commander American? Better not be. Hopefully a russki or German. And Akarah, it's definitely not your fault Bridges is dead. There is nothing you could have done. The Fin is right, you're a good soldier. If it's anyone's fault it's commands or mine. I should've been able to save Demidov and command should have got us some aerial scouts. " Anna sighed. " Shit, I'm to blame for this. I didn't do my job."

Krugeristan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Krugeristan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Aku Koskinen

"Akarah, you did everything that was possible. I heard about the sniper, and it was impossible for you or Bridges to change what happened. The bullet's speed would beat out his reaction even if he or you knew about it in advance,"Aku told Akarah. He didn't like seeing people like this. He had found himself in situations like these when working in Bear Group and the NBI. He though that he knew what to do.

"You were good out there. You wouldn't be here if everything you thought about yourself was true. You're a good soldier, Akarah."

"I just want to know why it happened." Akarah wasn't making eye contact with anyone now, and kept curling and uncurling his right fist as he looked at the floor. "And why we got disgraceful person to take his place." He glanced at Gerhart when she asked about who their new commander was. "I'm not sure where she's from," he replied, "but, for some reason, her hair is pink. The fact that's even allowed is . . . gut-wrenching. The military is no place for such an obscene gesture."

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:02 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Aku Koskinen

"I just want to know why it happened." Akarah wasn't making eye contact with anyone now, and kept curling and uncurling his right fist as he looked at the floor. "And why we got disgraceful person to take his place." He glanced at Gerhart when she asked about who their new commander was. "I'm not sure where she's from," he replied, "but, for some reason, her hair is pink. The fact that's even allowed is . . . gut-wrenching. The military is no place for such an obscene gesture."

SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

Anna's eyebrows shot up in suprise and her lip curled in disgust. " Her hair is fucking pink? What kind of military allows that? Where is she from, fucking Norway?!? Those socialist scumbags would allow it! I serve in an military of fucking miscreant college kids and they don't allow it! By God, this " Special Operations" unit is turning into a fucking kids TV show! " Anna's fists clenched and un clenched quickly. She took a deep breathe and stuck out her hand to Akarah. " I don't think we've properly met. Probably because we didn't trust each other. You know, the Israeli-Arab Rivalry. Anyways, I'm Anna Gerhart from Tel Aviv but I'm originally German. Where are you from?"

Romic
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Romic » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:25 pm

Dean Resner
Ramstein AFB
Germany

Dean lightly touched the ear bud as he turned his head, in the weeks since the last operation he was better preparing himself for future operations. He touched the earbud again, the bluetooth headphones fit a tad awkward for him. "Boy the High School is getting their Spring baseball training early this year Tom.... I know Derrik it's almost like they want to make up for last year and missing state by one run..." he drifted in and out of paying attention while he ran. He rounded the corner to the cafe when a new song came on "New single by Nicki Minaj Starships, brining you the newest music 24/7 108.3 WKBZ FM....

Dean listened to the song shortly and yanked the earbuds out making the music a little dull sounding in the background. He walked to the counter and asked for a glass of water sipping it as he sat down. Members of the team were here and a couple looked a little down. Probably thinking of the mission and having five KIA and one WIA. Dean took a couple days to process the mission and deaths; however he couldn't dwell on it, it wasn't healthy to. He ran through what he knew would happen today. New Major and other command was supposed to start today and he got his ten miles in for today. He debated on going to the kill house and doing breach sims again. On the USSS ERT he was apart of the breaching team, usually last in and at the back of a diamond formation back to the team securing the rear. He shuddered when he was reminded of the sim munition exercises and he had to focus on the rear while the moved through the hallways made to replicate areas of importance in D.C.

He looked about sipping on water looking for anyone to talk to. He realized however he was soaked in sweat and probably smelled something foul.
TG me Anytime, I enjoy them :)
TET's Chosen Mush Mind

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Shadow Nation » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:28 pm

Krugeristan wrote:
Aku Koskinen

Hothnia wrote:SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

" Changes? What changes? New commander possibly? Or more and different training?" Anna's lip curled a bit. " Is the new commander American? Better not be. Hopefully a russki or German. And Akarah, it's definitely not your fault Bridges is dead. There is nothing you could have done. The Fin is right, you're a good soldier. If it's anyone's fault it's commands or mine. I should've been able to save Demidov and command should have got us some aerial scouts. " Anna sighed. " Shit, I'm to blame for this. I didn't do my job."

Aku Koskinen
Aku nodded to Akarah. "Yeah,"he sighed vaguely. "She might prove to be respectable, she might not. But she is our commander,"Aku Koskinen told the two. "Chances are if no one approves of her she'll be outed from her commanding spot in this unit." Koskinen stated, glancing at the Israeli and Yemeni.

"Anna, like I said, its no ones fault. Failure happens sometimes. Bridges and Demidov weren't going to make it. Just be glad Wolframm wasn't killed alongside them,"Aku tried to improve the attitudes of the two. "If you weren't there he would've been. Don't feel bad, you saved a life." By now Gerhart had started speaking again, about the commanders hair. Koskinen understood why no one really appreciated the commanders cosmetic choices.

"Probably American. But I thought even they had limits restricting that,"Koskinen added.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:44 pm

The Central Shadow Nation wrote:
Krugeristan wrote:
Hothnia wrote:SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

Aku Koskinen
Aku nodded to Akarah. "Yeah,"he sighed vaguely. "She might prove to be respectable, she might not. But she is our commander,"Aku Koskinen told the two. "Chances are if no one approves of her she'll be outed from her commanding spot in this unit." Koskinen stated, glancing at the Israeli and Yemeni.

"Anna, like I said, its no ones fault. Failure happens sometimes. Bridges and Demidov weren't going to make it. Just be glad Wolframm wasn't killed alongside them,"Aku tried to improve the attitudes of the two. "If you weren't there he would've been. Don't feel bad, you saved a life." By now Gerhart had started speaking again, about the commanders hair. Koskinen understood why no one really appreciated the commanders cosmetic choices.

"Probably American. But I thought even they had limits restricting that,"Koskinen added.

Bjørn Ericksen, Windsor 2-5
N/A

03/30/2012, 1012 Alpha, Ramstein AFB, Germany

It was but a few moments after Koskinen spoke that a rather notable presence arrived with the trio, an apt definition of the man would be: Viking. Behind him a trickle of other new arrivals entered the chow hall. Flags of North and South Korea, Brazil, and Czechia all on their shoulders... With the Viking's being distinctly Norway's.

His eyes bored into Gerhart's, before he offered his hand, "Bjørn Ericksen, Norwegian FSK. And if you happen to notice, I'm a bit out of regulation, people who tend to pass in combat usually do. I happen to see that you are staunchly within regulation. Perhaps that says something."

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted the Nork standing a ways away, looking across the mess towards the interacting team with the eyes of a hawk, observing, watching. Likely taking notes on how the westerners acted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Freed Lymonia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Freed Lymonia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Keiffer Maynard
Ramstein Air Base, Germany

It's been quite some time since he's flown anywhere, he kept eying everyone on the plane. To try and distract himself, he pulled out his phone and started reading various books he has downloaded. Eventually the plane landed and he quickly took all of his things and headed for a entrance area to call for a taxi. He checked himself over to make sure he got everything. He was wearing a large coat with a long sleeve shirt underneath. His pants and thick boots were doing fine at keeping the heat.

"Yes, here's my card." He casually responded, used to security from his time in the Middle East. "Hmm. Dang I'm hungry." He rushed over to the cafeteria and took a spot next to a guy that smelled like death. "I'll have a hamburger and fries. Plus a Mr.Pibb. Thanks."he then tried not to focus on the smell and turned to the person next to him. "You new here too?"
Doobengert wrote:*hic*
lots of people died
*cough and then hiccup, then drinks more out of his empty bottle*
war
*hiccup*
more war
Boom, Lymonia
-Asheyin, More drunk than he should be
We don't use NS stats unless they'd fit the nation same w/policies
Our National Anthem
here is a few songs that would give the vibe of our nation: General vibe 1 Genera vibe 2| Morales | Military (just replace America with Lymonia) | Culture

"We will always remember. We will always be proud. We will always be prepared, so we may always be free."
-Reagan

#NotAllFlubals. Put this in your sig if you know not all Flubals get into car accidents

Hothnia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:08 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Central Shadow Nation wrote:
Aku Koskinen

Bjørn Ericksen, Windsor 2-5
N/A

It was but a few moments after Koskinen spoke that a rather notable presence arrived with the trio, an apt definition of the man would be: Viking. Behind him a trickle of other new arrivals entered the chow hall. Flags of North and South Korea, Brazil, and Czechia all on their shoulders... With the Viking's being distinctly Norway's.

His eyes bored into Gerhart's, before he offered his hand, "Bjørn Ericksen, Norwegian FSK. And if you happen to notice, I'm a bit out of regulation, people who tend to pass in combat usually do. I happen to see that you are staunchly within regulation. Perhaps that says something."

Out of the corner of his eye he spotted the Nork standing a ways away, looking across the mess towards the interacting team with the eyes of a hawk, observing, watching. Likely taking notes on how the westerners acted.

SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

Anna shook it tentatively, not wanting to piss the large man off. " Anna Gerhart, Israeli Mossad. As for regulations, I find it good to follow them. Regulations create order which create discipline. All great militaries are disciplined. The Romans, the Germans, the Americans, the Prussians, British, the list goes on and on. Perhaps this is why Norway has never done anything great militarily?" Shit, probably shouldn't have said that to a large, dangerous Norweigan whose hands are the size of my head. Too late now. Anna stared defiantly at the giant.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Hothnia wrote:
Anowa wrote:Bjørn Ericksen, Windsor 2-5
N/A

SGT Anna Gerhart
Ramstein AFB
Germany

Anna shook it tentatively, not wanting to piss the large man off. " Anna Gerhart, Israeli Mossad. As for regulations, I find it good to follow them. Regulations create order which create discipline. All great militaries are disciplined. The Romans, the Germans, the Americans, the Prussians, British, the list goes on and on. Perhaps this is why Norway has never done anything great militarily?" Shit, probably shouldn't have said that to a large, dangerous Norweigan whose hands are the size of my head. Too late now. Anna stared defiantly at the giant.

The Norwegian raised an eyebrow, as he shook the Israeili's hand, "If launching white phosphorous into hospital and school grounds counts as 'something great militarily' than I'm rather glad that my people have neither done that nor played the victim card countless times... As far as I know the Armenians, Croats, Bosniaks and Kosovars only played such cards once, and that was roughly a decade or two ago. I've lost count with you Israelis, seems like you have a whole deck of them."

It just so happened that Elephant stepped in just as such a word was uttered. The smaller kid, not at all wanting to be in a potential shootout if things got hot, turned right around and walked out.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 pm

Lt. Mehmet Yasin

Mehmet had already arrived in Germany a few days prior, he and his wife having fit whatever they could into Mehmet's Subaru WRX STI, and driving halfway across Europe from Turkey. The two of them thought it would be a great idea at first, have a nice road trip through some quite frankly beautiful countryside before Mehmet started at his new posting. But by the out of the trip, both of them just wanted out of the car. But it was for the best, both of them wanted a few days to get settled in to their new environment, rather than catching a flight to Germany and then Mehmet having to start his new duties as soon as he landed.

Today wasn't the first day Mehmet had to report for duty. He had come in the previous day to have a sort of informal briefing on what to expect. The team he was assigned to was in a bit of a rebuilding process. Five KIA and one severely wounded on the last op, almost a month ago. Another operator, a Filipino SWAT officer, had been called back to her home country as a result of that mission as well. There were even two new squad leaders coming on, making this transitional period even more difficult. Although Mehmet wasn't in an official leadership position, he'd need to call on his experience and leadership skills to help with this rebuilding process. Although the team was demoralized from a very messy mission, Mehmet was told that this was probably the best possible time he could have joined the team.

After finishing his morning PT, Mehmet took a shower and then changed into his Multicam uniform, which currently bore no insignia save for the olive drab Turkish flags attached to the sleeve pockets by velcro. He wanted to go to the armory, make sure the M60 he would be using was in proper working order and probably fire off a few mags with an M4 and MP5 as well. Had to keep up his skills on those as well, seeing as not every mission required "the pig," as the Americans he had trained with before called it. But there was a different matter to attend to, the rumbling in his stomach that had just started.

Arriving at the mess hall, Mehmet seemed to have walked in on something that didn't seem very promising. There seemed to be a verbal war between an Israeli woman and a particularly large Norwegian man. The Israeli had insulted the Norwegian military, claiming a lack of professionalism on the Norwegian's part and that their army had never done anything worth mentioning, and the Norwegian fired right back with war crimes accusations. A soldier in an army that conscripts dumb teenage girls who don't give a fuck about the army accusing anyone of a lack of professionalism, that's hilarious, Mehmet thought as he walked past the argument. He was as sick of Israel's shit as the Norwegian seemed to be, but he'd rather not get involved and was willing to put such problems aside for the sake of professionalism and unit cohesion. Besides, were the Turks really that much better when it came to dealing with the Kurds as the Israelis were with the Palestinians? Probably not.

After getting his breakfast, which consisted of eggs, toast, a chocolate chip muffin, and a cup of coffee, Mehmet looked around for somewhere he could sit. he didn't want to get involved in the mess with the Israeli and the Norwegian too much. He spotted a suspicious looking Asian soldier standing away from everyone else. Mehmet tried to spot the flag on the man's shoulder and had to do a double take when he saw it. North Korean? he'd probably be best to talk to later, with the rest of the team. Especially because he seemed to be pretty intently observing everyone, trying to observe how westerners interact with each other. Whether that was spying for his government or just simply to try to learn how to fit in better, Mehmet would probably never know.

Mehmet instead found a different table to sit at. Judging by the accents of the two sitting there, there was a German woman and an Australian man, although he could be wrong, could be a New Zealander, their accents sounded pretty similar to Mehmet. The German woman seemed to be almost unaware of the Australian man's presence, having just looked up from her computer. Mehmet went and sat down at their table.

"I apologize if I'm interrutpting anything," the Turkish man said. "But I'd rather not get involved in that shouting match going on over there, would probably end up with me leaving a bad impression as one of your newest teammates."

Mehmet took a sip of his coffee. "By the way, I'm Lieutenant Mehmet Yasin, Turkish SAT. The Turkish equivalent of the Navy SEALs."
Last edited by Dayganistan on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse