NATION

PASSWORD

Trump MAGAthread VII

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:15 pm

Washington Resistance Army wrote:
Proctopeo wrote:I thought the low watermarks have been Buchanan and Johnson, not W. Bush.

Buchanan did nothing wrong :p

Fixed that for you.

Keldros
Envoy

Founded: Jan 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Keldros » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 pm

Genivaria wrote:Another point that shows Bush was a better President than Trump.

:lol2: at the rehabilitation of OMGBUSHITLER

Genivaria
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Genivaria » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Keldros wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Another point that shows Bush was a better President than Trump.

:lol2: at the rehabilitation of OMGBUSHITLER

Rehabilitation? :blink:

Neo Balka
Minister

Founded: Feb 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Thermodolia wrote:
MERIZoC wrote:Then why are you even talking with me when I'm coming from a position of respecting human life and you just hate yellow and brown people? If you fundamentally like murderous regimes then there's clearly no point in this conversation.

Sir I'm going to have to ask you to stop trying to move the goalposts, I don't hate yellow or brown people. I really do not hate anyone. Unfortunately at times loss of life is just an unfortunate event. It's a risk we have to take.

Huh....thats weird.
The mere fact that i pissed someone off either means i stood for something or i said something offensive.
in this day and age it's both.
#garbagehumanbeing

Seangoli
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Seangoli » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:14 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:

It's actually depressing that W is no longer the low watermark.

Eh, I had warmed to Bush some years ago. He was far more centrist in many aspects than people gave him credit for, and while he had some downright terrible policies, he also supported some which were rather good (Started the push for renewables, even though Switch Grass was some true nonsense; supported partial amnesty for illegals; a few others). He also played the idiot very well, but I felt people who actually thought he was an idiot were quite mistaken. He's not a genius, but he was fairly intelligent.

Trump, on the other hand, is a god damn frothing mouth idiot. I can't tell if he's senile, if he is infected with rabies, if this is all an act, or some combination of the three.

I can say that somebody in his administration has forward thinking, however, because every single time he says something ridiculous something terrible is going on in the background that people don't realize because they focus on his idiotic tweets. Which makes me think his most recent off-the-deep end tirade is indicative of something coming tomorrow or later this week.
Last edited by Seangoli on Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo Balka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:19 pm

i grew to respect W, even more so with his current art project.
The mere fact that i pissed someone off either means i stood for something or i said something offensive.
#garbagehumanbeing

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Seangoli wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:It's actually depressing that W is no longer the low watermark.

Eh, I had warmed to Bush some years ago. He was far more centrist in many aspects than people gave him credit for, and while he had some downright terrible policies, he also supported some which were rather good (Started the push for renewables, even though Switch Grass was some true nonsense; supported partial amnesty for illegals; a few others). He also played the idiot very well, but I felt people who actually thought he was an idiot were quite mistaken. He's not a genius, but he was fairly intelligent.

Trump, on the other hand, is a god damn frothing mouth idiot. I can't tell if he's senile, if he is infected with rabies, if this is all an act, or some combination of the three.

I can say that somebody in his administration has forward thinking, however, because every single time he says something ridiculous something terrible is going on in the background that people don't realize because they focus on his idiotic tweets. Which makes me think his most recent off-the-deep end tirade is indicative of something coming tomorrow or later this week.

It has sucked a lot of oxygen out of coverage of his attempts at voter suppression.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

The East Marches II
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches II » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:03 pm

Neo Balka wrote:i grew to respect W, even more so with his current art project.

I actually saw a book of those at my local store. It is interesting.

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:49 pm

Obama told a lot of jokes in his term and actually told a few in the 2008 campaign too. There was the mic drop where he literally dropped it, and I seem to remember something about lolcats which was "gimmicky"; I can't find that though.

President Obama | White House Correspondents' Association Dinner | May 9, 2009 wrote:... Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the audience. (Applause.) I do have to say, though, that this is a tough holiday for Rahm Emanuel because he's not used to saying the word "day" after "mother."

This is the rudest joke I can find from Obama. The butt of the joke is his Chief of Staff and personal friend, so it's hard to see it as really insulting but it is a bit "beneath the dignity of the office" I think.

Anything worse than that?
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Neo Balka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:30 pm

The East Marches II wrote:

I actually saw a book of those at my local store. It is interesting.

Its moving to me.
#garbagehumanbeing

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:38 pm

He makes some pretty good art work
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Neo Balka
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Balka » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:39 pm

Thermodolia wrote:

He makes some pretty good art work

you should see his recent works, He makes portraits of wounded Iraq war vets.
#garbagehumanbeing

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:40 pm

Neo Balka wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:Sir I'm going to have to ask you to stop trying to move the goalposts, I don't hate yellow or brown people. I really do not hate anyone. Unfortunately at times loss of life is just an unfortunate event. It's a risk we have to take.

Huh....thats weird.

What?
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:41 pm

Neo Balka wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:He makes some pretty good art work

I think I saw a WaPo article on it recently

MERIZoC wrote:
Genivaria wrote:Any military leader or expert can tell you this simple truism.
When war is declared innocent civilians will die, that is and has always been the case throughout recorded human history.

If someone actually thinks that civilians dying AT ALL during wartime is a legitimate thing to criticize someone about then please put forward the doctrine or technology that would reduce all collateral damage to 0.00%.

Until someone does this then it's not valid criticism.

And this is directed at Merizoc btw.

Not fucking going to war

Hahahaha
Last edited by Thermodolia on Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:05 am

Seangoli wrote:
Vassenor wrote:So it looks like a program that helps low-income families heat their homes is facing the axe.

Because Trump doesn't realise that yes, utility providers can cut you off if you don't pay.

So can we all just accept that our Administration is actually run by soulless asshats? I mean for fuck's sake, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

And still supported by the people most likely affected.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

AiliailiA
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jul 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby AiliailiA » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:28 am

Corrian wrote:
Seangoli wrote:
So can we all just accept that our Administration is actually run by soulless asshats? I mean for fuck's sake, they aren't even trying to hide it anymore.

And still supported by the people most likely affected.

Have you got anything but anecdotal evidence for that?
My name is voiced AIL-EE-AIL-EE-AH. My time zone: UTC.

Cannot think of a name wrote:"Where's my immortality?" will be the new "Where's my jetpack?"
Maineiacs wrote:"We're going to build a canal, and we're going to make Columbia pay for it!" -- Teddy Roosevelt
Ifreann wrote:That's not a Freudian slip. A Freudian slip is when you say one thing and mean your mother.
Ethel mermania wrote:
Ifreann wrote:
DnalweN acilbupeR wrote:
: eugenics :
What are the colons meant to convey here?
In my experience Colons usually convey shit

NSG junkie. Getting good shit for free, why would I give it up?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:02 am

Proctopeo wrote:Non-racists can find racist jokes funny, too, you know.

My dad once knew an African-American who used to tell the best racist jokes, for example.
Last edited by Corrian on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Last.FM and RYM

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:13 am

AiliailiA wrote:
Corrian wrote:And still supported by the people most likely affected.

Unless polls are showing him losing approval in coal country and the like, he's still pretty popular in those areas.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:19 am

AiliailiA wrote:
Corrian wrote:And still supported by the people most likely affected.

I mean, maybe not in this particular case, but there are multiple cases where the people most affected would be the demographics most likely to have voted Trump. And his policy will hurt them the most.

And they still support him.
My Last.FM and RYM

Herskerstad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Herskerstad » Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:11 am

Neo Balka wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:He makes some pretty good art work

A better artist than president.

Though if shitposting is an art, then Trump is the new Da Vinci. This last one on CNN is on par with the Japanese whaling tweet.
Although the stars do not speak, even in being silent they cry out. - John Calvin

Maineiacs
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2005
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Maineiacs » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:46 am

AiliailiA wrote:Obama told a lot of jokes in his term and actually told a few in the 2008 campaign too. There was the mic drop where he literally dropped it, and I seem to remember something about lolcats which was "gimmicky"; I can't find that though.

President Obama | White House Correspondents' Association Dinner | May 9, 2009 wrote:... Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers in the audience. (Applause.) I do have to say, though, that this is a tough holiday for Rahm Emanuel because he's not used to saying the word "day" after "mother."

This is the rudest joke I can find from Obama. The butt of the joke is his Chief of Staff and personal friend, so it's hard to see it as really insulting but it is a bit "beneath the dignity of the office" I think.

I don't even get that one. :blink:
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

Improved werpland
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Improved werpland » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:18 am

Last edited by Improved werpland on Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ism
Negotiator

Postby Ism » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:13 am

Maineiacs wrote:
AiliailiA wrote:Obama told a lot of jokes in his term and actually told a few in the 2008 campaign too. There was the mic drop where he literally dropped it, and I seem to remember something about lolcats which was "gimmicky"; I can't find that though.

Yeah took me a second too. The joke is that Emanuel usually says fucker after mother, rather than day.

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:34 am

Maineiacs wrote:

Rahm Emmanuel was known for having a rather explosive temper and tended to dissolve into explitives behind closed doors. The joke would be every time Rahm says 'mother', the word 'fucker' would always follow close behind

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:32 am

I heard that he wasn't going anywhere. What gives? Methinks Kennedy likes to fuck with us
Last edited by Thermodolia on Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General