NATION

PASSWORD

Task Force Rainbow(OOC/OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:09 pm

Arengin Union wrote:About that. How did Alexei get shot if he was prone??? Very very strange. I think there must be more than meets the eyes here, don't want to say it was aliens... But... Statistics never lie to me...

Anyway I'll wait a bit before posting. And come on guys, let's not be so negative.

Why in God's name would anyone fucking crawl through a goddamn desert?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:13 am

Anowa wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:About that. How did Alexei get shot if he was prone??? Very very strange. I think there must be more than meets the eyes here, don't want to say it was aliens... But... Statistics never lie to me...

Anyway I'll wait a bit before posting. And come on guys, let's not be so negative.

Why in God's name would anyone fucking crawl through a goddamn desert?

Because it was open terrain... And there was minimal cover, and it's safer than being crouching or standing and exposing yourself. So I think Demidovs position plus him getting shot makes not much sense. But it's no biggie, I'll approach this with my new more goofy gold hearted character. :p
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 am

Anowa wrote:
Hothnia wrote:

I never said he is is shot in the chest, I said he was shot. Secondly, speaking to people when their unconscious doesn't matter. They still retain thought and therefore that's why she was speaking to him.

Thirdly, I thought Demidov would have been visible standing but not visible when prone or on his back. I misunderstood and apologize. I will get that fixed pronto. And she saw Bridges and Demidov go down first because of the mess that Bridges created when he was shot. It's not the matter of who got shot first, but who she saw first.

I clearly stated the round impacted his chest. What the fuck were you fixing in such a case his leg?

Secondly, the rounds going fast enough that ther eis no "saw who went down first. The "S" in "Sni-!" was out of Wolfram's mouth when Bridges was decapitated, and the I was when he got hit. It was two targets with a single round with an unintentional third.

Read the fucking IC posts that pop up, don't just skim the first and last sentence and slap the keyboard for a couple seconds. I'm not gonna be nice when people fuck up from now on.

I read the post. Many times actually. And where the fuck are you getting that she was fixing a leg?

As I said earlier, She never saw who went down first! She was simply looking in the direction of Bridges and Demidov when the round was fired.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:56 am

Come on, everyone just chill. It got fixed it's fine.
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010

Postby Kyraina » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:02 am

Everyone calm down now
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:42 pm

As promised, a new character to replace the old one, who's being sent home after this operation concludes.

Name: Mehmet Yasin
Nationality: Turkish
Ethnicity: Turkish
Appearance: Image
Preferred Weapons (PICK TWO: Primary and sidearm.): M60E4, Sig P226
Other Equipment (Includes Radios and Medical Gear):IFAK, KM2000 knife, short range radio, spare M60 barrel
Previous military and/or law enforcement experience: Turkish Navy: Amphibious Commando (2000-2005), Su Altı Taarruz (2005-present)
Specialization: Machine gunner/automatic rifleman
Education: BA in anthropology
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please): Growing up in a middle class family in Istanbul, Mehmet had a pretty average early life. It seemed as if his life would take the normal path of school, university, and then a regular civilian career, with the possibility of being conscripted into the Turkish Armed Forces somewhere along the line. However, approaching the end of his bachelor's degree, he was unsure what to do. He had planned to continue and get a master's degree, but his grades weren't good enough by just a few percentage points. He was able to get an office job right out of university, but after a few months, he wanted something more. Mehmet decided to join the Turkish Navy, ending up in the Amphibious Commando unit.

He didn't see much action with the Amphibious Commando, but he was amazed at how at home he felt in the military. Had he been conscripted out of high school, he thought he maybe would have been a career soldier a long time ago. But even still, he wanted more action. When an opportunity to try out for Su Altı Taarruz, the tier one special forces unit of the Turkish navy, Mehmet jumped at the opportunity. He made his way through one of the toughest selection and training courses in the Turkish military not by being the fastest or the strongest, but by being the most dedicated and always the last one to quit.

In SAT, Mehmet saw significantly more action. Most of the time it involved boarding suspicious vessels or vessels that had been hijacked by terrorists, but there was plenty of action against the PKK in eastern Turkey and northern Iraq as well. Or, most recently, covert operations in Syria against ISIS, the YPG, and the Syrian government. He also quite enjoyed the location of SAT's base, near the popular tourist city of Izmir, where he spent plenty of time while off duty. In 2011, he married a his wife, Ecem, a woman 4 years younger than him who he had met two years earlier. He thought it was maybe against his better judgement, but at the same time, believed it was the right thing for him to do at the time.

Earlier in 2012, Mehmet was asked to join an organization known as Task Force Rainbow, which he had never heard of before. He took a few months to accept the offer, fearing the move to Germany and the even higher level of secrecy than was involved with SAT would place unnecessary strain on his relatively recent marriage. He eventually accepted the new assignment, after being reassured by his wife that she would support his choice to do so.
RP sample: I've been accepted already
What is Rule 2? Do I have to answer again
Do not Remove: 092142
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:47 am

I'm taking it we failed to revive this.

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:49 am

Dayganistan wrote:I'm taking it we failed to revive this.

No clue actually. Only got back from camping yesterday, so.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:40 pm

Anowa wrote:
Dayganistan wrote:I'm taking it we failed to revive this.

No clue actually. Only got back from camping yesterday, so.

And I just started new job

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:50 pm

Well I suppose this is gone now??? I was hoping that wasn't the case, I'm partly to blame but I think the constant killing of character may have driven some people away.

I'm still here if we want to continue this. Maybe I'll post later today.
"I do as I please"

The Commonwealth of Tennessee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Commonwealth of Tennessee » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:54 pm

When you watch from the shadows and read the IC from page 1 to recently and get interested, only to have it die off or loose a lot of activity.
But seriously, I'm pretty interested in this if you guys are in need of new characters.
If you've had the unfortunate experience of viewing my horribly antiquated political views, I apologize. I am a far different person than I was in 2016, so bear with me.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Dayganistan wrote:As promised, a new character to replace the old one, who's being sent home after this operation concludes.

Name: Mehmet Yasin
Nationality: Turkish
Ethnicity: Turkish
Appearance: (Image)
Preferred Weapons (PICK TWO: Primary and sidearm.): M60E4, Sig P226
Other Equipment (Includes Radios and Medical Gear):IFAK, KM2000 knife, short range radio, spare M60 barrel
Previous military and/or law enforcement experience: Turkish Navy: Amphibious Commando (2000-2005), Su Altı Taarruz (2005-present)
Specialization: Machine gunner/automatic rifleman
Education: BA in anthropology
Biography (more than 2 paragraphs, please): Growing up in a middle class family in Istanbul, Mehmet had a pretty average early life. It seemed as if his life would take the normal path of school, university, and then a regular civilian career, with the possibility of being conscripted into the Turkish Armed Forces somewhere along the line. However, approaching the end of his bachelor's degree, he was unsure what to do. He had planned to continue and get a master's degree, but his grades weren't good enough by just a few percentage points. He was able to get an office job right out of university, but after a few months, he wanted something more. Mehmet decided to join the Turkish Navy, ending up in the Amphibious Commando unit.

He didn't see much action with the Amphibious Commando, but he was amazed at how at home he felt in the military. Had he been conscripted out of high school, he thought he maybe would have been a career soldier a long time ago. But even still, he wanted more action. When an opportunity to try out for Su Altı Taarruz, the tier one special forces unit of the Turkish navy, Mehmet jumped at the opportunity. He made his way through one of the toughest selection and training courses in the Turkish military not by being the fastest or the strongest, but by being the most dedicated and always the last one to quit.

In SAT, Mehmet saw significantly more action. Most of the time it involved boarding suspicious vessels or vessels that had been hijacked by terrorists, but there was plenty of action against the PKK in eastern Turkey and northern Iraq as well. Or, most recently, covert operations in Syria against ISIS, the YPG, and the Syrian government. He also quite enjoyed the location of SAT's base, near the popular tourist city of Izmir, where he spent plenty of time while off duty. In 2011, he married a his wife, Ecem, a woman 4 years younger than him who he had met two years earlier. He thought it was maybe against his better judgement, but at the same time, believed it was the right thing for him to do at the time.

Earlier in 2012, Mehmet was asked to join an organization known as Task Force Rainbow, which he had never heard of before. He took a few months to accept the offer, fearing the move to Germany and the even higher level of secrecy than was involved with SAT would place unnecessary strain on his relatively recent marriage. He eventually accepted the new assignment, after being reassured by his wife that she would support his choice to do so.
RP sample: I've been accepted already
What is Rule 2? Do I have to answer again
Do not Remove: 092142

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:47 pm

Arengin Union wrote:Well I suppose this is gone now??? I was hoping that wasn't the case, I'm partly to blame but I think the constant killing of character may have driven some people away.

Note that three said that they would not be rejoining. And that two were decided quite literally by dice roll, and one happened to be the OP's character, of which he has yet to complain.

Indirectly blaming me for the RP dying isn't a good way to go about this.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:09 pm

Anowa wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Well I suppose this is gone now??? I was hoping that wasn't the case, I'm partly to blame but I think the constant killing of character may have driven some people away.

Note that three said that they would not be rejoining. And that two were decided quite literally by dice roll, and one happened to be the OP's character, of which he has yet to complain.

Im not blaming anyone, Like I said im partly to blame because I haven't posted anything. And yes im aware those three were killed for leaving and the other casualties were from a roll, which I'm still highly skeptical about given that I did't see it unfold in the first place yet I never complained about that.

Anyway lets not do this right now. I'll see If i post. I have many RPs pending.
"I do as I please"

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Anowa wrote:Note that three said that they would not be rejoining. And that two were decided quite literally by dice roll, and one happened to be the OP's character, of which he has yet to complain.

Im not blaming anyone, Like I said im partly to blame because I haven't posted anything. And yes im aware those three were killed for leaving and the other casualties were from a roll, which I'm still highly skeptical about given that I did't see it unfold in the first place yet I never complained about that.

You can ask any one that was in the Discord about the rolls. Now deal with it or get out

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 pm

Kyraina wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Im not blaming anyone, Like I said im partly to blame because I haven't posted anything. And yes im aware those three were killed for leaving and the other casualties were from a roll, which I'm still highly skeptical about given that I did't see it unfold in the first place yet I never complained about that.

You can ask any one that was in the Discord about the rolls. Now deal with it or get out

Kay
"I do as I please"

ButtasticWaffles
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ButtasticWaffles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Concerning the posts made by me, Hothnia, and Sterkistan what should be done because it seems that all of us made a post helping Wolfram in a way.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:12 pm

ButtasticWaffles wrote:Concerning the posts made by me, Hothnia, and Sterkistan what should be done because it seems that all of us made a post helping Wolfram in a way.

Well, nothing much, seeing as we've now time skipped to the end of the month.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:15 pm

Anowa wrote:
ButtasticWaffles wrote:Concerning the posts made by me, Hothnia, and Sterkistan what should be done because it seems that all of us made a post helping Wolfram in a way.

So did we failed the mission??
"I do as I please"

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:16 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Anowa wrote:Well, nothing much, seeing as we've now time skipped to the end of the month.

So did we failed the mission??

The operation was completed with all objectives accomplished to the extent they could've been. So no.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

ButtasticWaffles
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ButtasticWaffles » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:17 pm

Anowa wrote:

Alright just making sure. I didn't want to mess anything up any more than it needs to.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:07 pm

If we can keep this one going to the start of a third mission, I think that might be a new record.

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:54 pm

So what now? More coffee and maybe meet the new Field Commander?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:55 pm

Hothnia wrote:So what now? More coffee and maybe meet the new Field Commander?

Perhaps
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Postby Arengin Union » Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Who'll be the new field commander??
"I do as I please"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse