NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Broken Line (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best Faction?

- Kingdom of Beiarusia
31%
- Federative Republic of Dorusia
31%
- Empire of Seian
38%

Total votes : 16

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:49 am

Name: Ivan Sidorov Vorkovich
Nationality: Yuktobanian
Age (18 at youngest): 32

Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): O-2
Callsign: Raróg (Slavic mythical creature, Fire Demon/Fiery Falcon)

Appearance:

Height: 189cm
Weight: 96kg

Aircraft: Su-27M Flanker E
Aircraft Appearance:

Emblem:

-Also, shark teeth on nose.
-Small Slavic style hammer on each side under cockpit
Funds : 300.000 $
Loadout :
-4 K74M(R-73 variant, improved and with ±75° off-boresight)
-4 R-27ER
-2 Kh-29
-2 ECM pods
Personality: Relentless, spirited, loyal, brave and cares about fellow pilots around him.
Strengths: Risk taker, Highly trained, Unyielding, Good at survival & small arms
Weaknesses: Unused to fight alongside non Yuktobanian, barely speak other languages than Yuktobanian.
Dislikes: Cowards, Teetotaler and disloyalty.

Bio: Coming from a highly educated upper middle class rural family, Ivan left his hometown for Dresdene after he finished his education in basic engineering. "Armed" with his skill in piloting, due to the fact he often flied his family agricultural mono and biplane, he enlisted in YAF, with his family approval, flying MiG-17, MiG-19 and MiG-21. For 5 years, he served in active service, fighting in every single wars where Yuktobania got involved until peace came, and he got put into reserve, essentially with no planes to fly.

As time flies, essentially jobless and living on money from his parents, he got bored and looked for work, until he got hired as a commercial pilot for two year, flying cargo planes. After finishing his contract, one of his friend from his time in YAF offered a place in a PMC he owned, flying and training mercenary pilots. He accepted, and lent his service in several wars/undercover operatation the squadron fought in. He left when the squadron got dissolved after his friend decided to retire, and nearly everyone wanted to settle down

Jobless again for some time, he joins Morena Squadron, figuring out that he really likes to fly, and staying on the ground bored him out. He hoped he could keep his skill sharp by flying fighters again, and one day could come home and recommisioned as a squadron leader. If he survived.

RP Example:
XCOM
ES
Etc.
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Theodosiya on Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:37 am, edited 14 times in total.
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:23 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:I plan to flesh out my WSO as I RP if that's okay. If so then you may consider my post done unless I'm missing something else.

You do kinda need a bio for the WSO...
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:24 pm

I was under the impression she could be relegated to NPC status.
I WANT MY CHOCCY MILK AND NUGGETS!!! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
"It appears that the murder rate inside prisons is ten times higher than that outside prisons. It must be due to all those Kalashnikov rifles that are issued to prisoners upon their incarceration."
- Jeff Cooper, the Father of Modern Rifle Shooting

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:32 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:I was under the impression she could be relegated to NPC status.

Nope. It's a PC.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:I was under the impression she could be relegated to NPC status.

Most of the WSO/RIO's are characters in their own right.
Yo, that's mad.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:28 pm

If you want to place a WSO app, make it a proper character app. NPC WSOs have little or no interaction with the rest of the cast in the IC.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 pm

Ubaria wrote:

Welp then really my main focus is going to be on her history. She's sort of played tag-along to Hanan over the years so the bio won't be too greatly different.
"It appears that the murder rate inside prisons is ten times higher than that outside prisons. It must be due to all those Kalashnikov rifles that are issued to prisoners upon their incarceration."

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:
Ubaria wrote:

Welp then really my main focus is going to be on her history. She's sort of played tag-along to Hanan over the years so the bio won't be too greatly different.

Still needs to be done.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:40 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:Name: Hanan Aliyya Nejem

Few things to keep in mind. The Verusean War (the war that SoSo briefly fought against Dorusia) was in 1986 six years ago, so Hanan would have been 20 during the conflict. Secondly, Morena is a DAF squadron so it seems odd that she would choose to fight for a nation that she dislikes, let alone one that took territory from her home country. Lastly, you don't have to go into depth with the WSO since your pilot will be the primary focus, but while the secondary character is unimportant you should at least give some info even if it's not up to the same standard as the primary character app.

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:54 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Sha Mobutia wrote:Name: Hanan Aliyya Nejem

Few things to keep in mind. The Verusean War (the war that SoSo briefly fought against Dorusia) was in 1986 six years ago, so Hanan would have been 20 during the conflict. Secondly, Morena is a DAF squadron so it seems odd that she would choose to fight for a nation that she dislikes, let alone one that took territory from her home country. Lastly, you don't have to go into depth with the WSO since your pilot will be the primary focus, but while the secondary character is unimportant you should at least give some info even if it's not up to the same standard as the primary character app.

Ah so my grasp of the timeline was off. Guess I didn't read over it well enough. Balls on me for reading while sleep-deprived.

For the WSO I'm probably going to focus on getting her personality done for now if that's okay and save history and that for later as I post. Especially since I'm going to need to rewrite some of Hanan's. May not be right away. Sort of busy with RL things popping up left and right.
Last edited by Sha Mobutia on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:24 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:For the WSO I'm probably going to focus on getting her personality done for now if that's okay and save history and that for later as I post. Especially since I'm going to need to rewrite some of Hanan's. May not be right away. Sort of busy with RL things popping up left and right.

Like I said, the WSO doesn't have to be too in-depth but at least have something, minor even, and that'll be fine.

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Also if I'm not mistaken, aren't they a mercenary outfit? Would it not be possible for her to have joined before they started to fly for the DAF? A mercenary may not like who is paying her, but she still needs to make money in the end, after all.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010

Postby Rupudska » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Few things to keep in mind. The Verusean War (the war that SoSo briefly fought against Dorusia) was in 1986 six years ago, so Hanan would have been 20 during the conflict. Secondly, Morena is a DAF squadron so it seems odd that she would choose to fight for a nation that she dislikes, let alone one that took territory from her home country. Lastly, you don't have to go into depth with the WSO since your pilot will be the primary focus, but while the secondary character is unimportant you should at least give some info even if it's not up to the same standard as the primary character app.

Ah so my grasp of the timeline was off. Guess I didn't read over it well enough. Balls on me for reading while sleep-deprived.

For the WSO I'm probably going to focus on getting her personality done for now if that's okay and save history and that for later as I post. Especially since I'm going to need to rewrite some of Hanan's. May not be right away. Sort of busy with RL things popping up left and right.

And for further research purposes, here's a post listing the main events of the Verusean War, specifically those surrounding Nameless Squadron.

Sha Mobutia wrote:Also if I'm not mistaken, aren't they a mercenary outfit? Would it not be possible for her to have joined before they started to fly for the DAF? A mercenary may not like who is paying her, but she still needs to make money in the end, after all.

Full merc squadrons in Ace Combat tend to form as soon as a war starts and disband shortly after.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:46 pm

I might just say she offered independent services when the military cut down for budget. Again: she doesn't have to like the contract, but its not against her homeland and she does need to eat.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:52 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:Also if I'm not mistaken, aren't they a mercenary outfit? Would it not be possible for her to have joined before they started to fly for the DAF? A mercenary may not like who is paying her, but she still needs to make money in the end, after all.

What Rupudska said. Morena was formed by the DAF as a way to stick its nose into foreign affairs without dedicating official assets, and although the DAF may keep the 13th Mercenary Air Squadron on paper for later use the current roster would likely be disbanded once the war is over or contracts expire. Unlike independent mercenary groups or PMC's, Morena is a temporary unit that will last only as long as needed. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind someone having to fly with a disliked nation if only to make ends meet, but keeping in mind recent IC events South Sotoa has caused a lot of issues for the DAF. Zeeger betrayed Morena and SoSo Radicals launched an attack on Manbasa (formerly a SoSo city). The DAF would probably exclude you if only to avoid additional leaks, but some paperwork errors could label you as Sotoan as opposed to South Sotoan if that works.

Sha Mobutia wrote:I might just say she offered independent services when the military cut down for budget. Again: she doesn't have to like the contract, but its not against her homeland and she does need to eat.

Had you joined a mission earlier and you'd have actually been fighting South Sotoans.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010

Postby Kyraina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

What Rupudska said. Morena was formed by the DAF as a way to stick its nose into foreign affairs without dedicating official assets, and although the DAF may keep the 13th Mercenary Air Squadron on paper for later use the current roster would likely be disbanded once the war is over or contracts expire. Unlike independent mercenary groups or PMC's, Morena is a temporary unit that will last only as long as needed. Truthfully, I wouldn't mind someone having to fly with a disliked nation if only to make ends meet, but keeping in mind recent IC events South Sotoa has caused a lot of issues for the DAF. Zeeger betrayed Morena and SoSo Radicals launched an attack on Manbasa (formerly a SoSo city). The DAF would probably exclude you if only to avoid additional leaks, but some paperwork errors could label you as Sotoan as opposed to South Sotoan if that works.

Sha Mobutia wrote:I might just say she offered independent services when the military cut down for budget. Again: she doesn't have to like the contract, but its not against her homeland and she does need to eat.

Had you joined a mission earlier and you'd have actually been fighting South Sotoans.

Zeegar also took a Member of Morena Hostage as well
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:03 pm

Kyraina wrote:Zeegar also took a Member of Morena Hostage as well

And killed Major Cocoran. And then tried to shoot us all down. Good times.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:08 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Kyraina wrote:Zeegar also took a Member of Morena Hostage as well

And killed Major Cocoran. And then tried to shoot us all down. Good times.

So Quite a few, including Ranger, will be highly distrustful of a South Sotoan, so it would a intersting dynamic to have in the Squadron

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:22 pm

So . . .

Do it for the drama? lol

Could she maybe lie or submit false paperwork? Again, wanting to make ends meet. It'd make for an interesting situation if somebody else in the squadron found out about it.
Last edited by Sha Mobutia on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Postby Kyraina » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:57 pm

Sha Mobutia wrote:So . . .

Do it for the drama? lol

Could she maybe lie or submit false paperwork? Again, wanting to make ends meet. It'd make for an interesting situation if somebody else in the squadron found out about it.

Sure

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:44 am

Rewrote some history, add the personality section for the WSO. Passable for now or nah?

Truth be told I didn't plan on the WSO surviving very long.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:08 am

Sha Mobutia wrote:Rewrote some history, add the personality section for the WSO. Passable for now or nah?

Just flesh her out a little more and you should be good. About half of your pilot would be decent.

Also, the Funds should be what you have left after purchasing the Intruder.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Eolmann
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Eolmann » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:27 am

Name: Jyri Rasimus the Fourth
Nationality: Federal Republic of Erusea

Callsign: Glory

Appearance:
The combination of wild hair, large eyes that gives the impression of perpetual caffeine high and an impressive array of tattoos often misrepresents the seemingly gentle individual; instead, many strangers are given the impression of an adrenaline junkie looking for his next dose. Combined with a lanky body as a result of his profession, many do peg him for a druggie as a first impression, an unfortunate inheritance of the Rasimus legacy. While he gives off the impression of restlessness he moves almost lethargically out of the cockpit under the excuse of 'conserving energy'; this belittles his ability to draw from his reserves and explode into a flurry of manic energy whenever a soap opera is involved and at times frustrates onlookers who judge by appearance than personality.

When it comes to fashion he dresses sensibly but with a little flair that comes with a loaded will: his messy raven black hair is a trademark of the Rasimus family though often hidden behind a pilot's helmet. Whenever he's not in his G-suit and survival vest he keeps it casual and cool with cargo pants and simple logo T-shirts, trainers and a good collection of arm bracelets of a variety of colors and make: a simple metal bead bracelet stands out from the flashy designs, a single outdated coin threaded through the bracelet itself. Of all the items of his wardrobe he holds this singular bracelet with strong sentimental feelings.

Height: 170 cm (5' 7")
Weight: 59 kg (130 lbs)

Aircraft: Douglas A-4H Skyhawk
Aircraft Appearance: Livery
Emblem: Link
Funds $0

Personality:
Jyri is the equivalent of that rough-and-tough biker in every bar, when approached only talks about their cabbage patch: though his intimidating and manic look tends to scare away strangers those who take their chances are often pleasantly surprised. Soft spoken and gentle, Jyri is an old fashioned romanticist who still hasn't had his world view tainted with the harsh cruelties of life, or perhaps he is aware and simply chooses to ignore the way the world is. He seemingly draws his strength to persevere in the harshest of times from his love of nature and a constant, near annoying positive outlook on life and his obsession with soap operas- the more dramatic the better. He is however a sheltered child; with a prestigious family as his background, Jyri never had anyone he considered to be his friend and as such has troubles with socializing or to be more precise, has no social boundaries or acknowledges any form of social cues due to his inexperience. This does not play into his skills as a pilot, being surprisingly dependable, skilled and a little foolhardy but every new pilot tends to overestimate their boundaries: experience will mold a better human being out of Jyri.
Strengths: Optimist, Gentle, Green-Thumb
Weaknesses: Inexperienced, Socially Inept, Passive-Aggressive
Dislikes: Aggressive individuals, Pessimists, Socialism

Bio: Born into the Rasimus household known for its enduring military service, Jyri's childhood was extremely sheltered and the child himself was raised upon stories of the family's deeds. From the age of medieval knights to the age of the knights of the skies, he was particularly enraptured by his grandfather's legacy as an ace pilot within the Erusean military. Somewhat of a legendary figure, it only seemed normal for the child to work his way towards his goal of following his grandfather's footsteps into the Air Force. His father, an ex-tanker tried to encourage his only son to take upon the reigns of armoured warfare but was unsuccessful. This divide would later sour relations between father and son, leaving Jyri's mother as the mediator. Despite their icy relationship his father still provided excellent private tuition for his son, albeit less out of fatherly love and more towards familial obligation. Jyri was made particularly aware on his first day of school by a classmate, and would later be sent to the principal's office for starting a fight.
Jyri's teenage years was engulfed in a wave of depression as he fought his father's standards, his own social issues and studies. The pressure eventually cracked the teen who later attempted to commit suicide by pills. Rather than dying peacefully, his own body convulsed and the boy ended up hugging his toilet bowl, throwing up. After several weeks of moping about he eventually stumbled upon soap operas and latched unto each character, soaking up each sappy line and storyline with tearful eyes; each plot twist and stupid-happy resolution gave him the closure he wanted and eventually built up his confidence. His issue with depression eventually left him, though fearing a comeback decided to take upon another hobby: after one of his favourite drama series was canceled due to scathing reviews he took to gardening as a homage to one of his favourite characters.
Graduating with honors and pride in himself Jyri's resolve to become like his grandfather strengthened after his father refused to attend his graduation ceremony. He eventually cut off all ties with his parent much to the displeasure of his mother; his father took no notice and eventually had another son, Wilhelm. Jyri immediately signed up for Erusea's Air Force after his graduation; though at first seen as a political player by his classmates, he proved to be a competent pilot and was remarked with newfound respect. Using his grandfather's name as a step ladder he quickly rose in the ranks but eventually ran into issues with certain individuals within the higher command. Jyri quickly found himself moving laterally, constantly transferred from one unit to another. After several months he finally caught onto the message and decided to let his contract finish out, eventually being honorably discharged. On the verge of entering another state of depression he eventually found work with the 13th as a mercenary pilot, proving to his family that there was more than one way to make a legend.

RP Example: 1, 2

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Eolmann on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:49 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Sha Mobutia
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Sha Mobutia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:32 am

Relikai wrote:
Sha Mobutia wrote:Rewrote some history, add the personality section for the WSO. Passable for now or nah?

Just flesh her out a little more and you should be good. About half of your pilot would be decent.

Also, the Funds should be what you have left after purchasing the Intruder.

The intruder was in red: government provided at half-pay on her bounties. Unless that was changed since I submitted it?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

I got called into work today, so my post has been postponed until tomorrow.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse