NATION

PASSWORD

Pokémon: Amber [OOC/Always Open!]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:24 pm

Britanania wrote:Mund, did you miss my post as Ananka or are you waiting to handle that at a later time?

Just sent you a tg.

Also, I'm about to put up a poll. Going to do one for favorite starter of each gen
Last edited by Mundeo on Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What is a sig? A miserable little pile of words! But enough talk!
Have at you!

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 15, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:42 pm

I said Pikachu, because Yellow is the best Gen 1 game.
Christus vincit; Christus regnat; Christus imperat
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Damn, why isn't there an option to like them all except for Pikachu? No offense to Pikachu, but I just feel like it's very overestimated, if only for the fact that it's the mascot of Pokémon. I do like all three first generation starters evenly though.

EDIT: I just went with Venusaur Bulbasaur, if only because it's the least picked starter out of the three.
Last edited by Lord of The Rings on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:59 pm

Lord of The Rings wrote:Damn, why isn't there an option to like them all except for Pikachu? No offense to Pikachu, but I just feel like it's very overestimated, if only for the fact that it's the mascot of Pokémon. I do like all three first generation starters evenly though.

Granted it is the only electric starter, which makes it unique.
"All things have their season, and in their times all things pass under heaven"--Ecclesiastes 3:1
"Great Britain is a republic, with a hereditary president, while the United States is a monarchy with an elective king."
"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of the Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected"--G. K. Chesterton
Pro: British Unionism, Catholicism, Classicism, Conservatism, High Toryism, Monarchism, Traditionalism
Anti: Consumerism, Devolution, Materialism, Modernism, Post-Modernism, Progressivism

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:02 pm

Britanania wrote:
Lord of The Rings wrote:Damn, why isn't there an option to like them all except for Pikachu? No offense to Pikachu, but I just feel like it's very overestimated, if only for the fact that it's the mascot of Pokémon. I do like all three first generation starters evenly though.

Granted it is the only electric starter, which makes it unique.

True, but that's also a result of Pikachu being the Pokémon mascot. If that wasn't the case people would have barely noticed the Pokémon, unlike the three generation one starters, who would remain awesome no matter what. Anyhow, I agree with you that Pokémon yellow was the best Pokémon game out there, but in any case, for me it was really only because you could obtain all three starters in the game.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:04 pm

Lord of The Rings wrote:
Britanania wrote:Granted it is the only electric starter, which makes it unique.

True, but that's also a result of Pikachu being the Pokémon mascot. If that wasn't the case people would have barely noticed the Pokémon, unlike the three generation one starters, who would remain awesome no matter what. Anyhow, I agree with you that Pokémon yellow was the best Pokémon game out there, but in any case, for me it was really only because you could obtain all three starters in the game.

It makes it the best option, easily.

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:04 pm

EDIT: I just went with Venusaur, if only because it's the least picked starter out of the three.

Yeah, pikachu's only there because it's technically a gen I starter
Have at you!

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Mundeo wrote:

EDIT: I just went with Venusaur, if only because it's the least picked starter out of the three.

Yeah, pikachu's only there because it's technically a gen I starter

True.

I wonder now that you've put up the poll, what are your favourites for all other generations?

For me it would be:
Gen II - Totodile
Gen III - Treecko
Gen IV - Turtwig
Gen V - Oshawott
Gen VI - Froakie
Gen VII - Rowlet

Wow, now that I think of it, aside from Charmander and Cyndaquil I never liked any of the fire type starters...

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Lord of The Rings wrote:
Mundeo wrote:Yeah, pikachu's only there because it's technically a gen I starter

True.

I wonder now that you've put up the poll, what are your favourites for all other generations?

For me it would be:
Gen II - Totodile
Gen III - Treecko
Gen IV - Turtwig
Gen V - Oshawott
Gen VI - Froakie
Gen VII - Rowlet

Wow, now that I think of it, aside from Charmander and Cyndaquil I never liked any of the fire type starters...

I find the starters in general to kinda suck xD

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Britanania wrote:
Lord of The Rings wrote:
True.

For me it would be:
Gen II - Totodile
Gen III - Treecko
Gen IV - Turtwig
Gen V - Oshawott
Gen VI - Froakie
Gen VII - Rowlet

I find the starters in general to kinda suck xD

Some of them could have indeed been done better. Out of those I listed I only really like Turtwig, but that's mostly because I like turtles :P

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Lord of The Rings wrote:
Britanania wrote:I find the starters in general to kinda suck xD

Some of them could have indeed been done better. Out of those I listed I only really like Turtwig, but that's mostly because I like turtles :P

I wish they'd give us a pokemon game with a lot more freedom of choosing your adventure. Like, if I want to join Team Rocket they should let me.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:32 pm

Britanania wrote:
Lord of The Rings wrote:

I wish they'd give us a pokemon game with a lot more freedom of choosing your adventure. Like, if I want to join Team Rocket they should let me.

Yeah, a more open-ended pokemon game would be cool. If only I could code...
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
CANONICAL CHANGE: Wyatt is now 29, not 19.
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Britanania wrote:
Lord of The Rings wrote:

That would indeed be a cool thing, just an open world Pokémon game. It's sadly not very likely that such thing will ever come into existence.

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Lord of The Rings wrote:
Britanania wrote:I wish they'd give us a pokemon game with a lot more freedom of choosing your adventure. Like, if I want to join Team Rocket they should let me.

That would indeed be a cool thing, just an open world Pokémon game. It's sadly not very likely that such thing will ever come into existence.

We need to get some indie developers to overrun the Nintendo headquarters :p
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
NEWS: Army helping Ottoman Republic forces attack the last ISIS strongholds in the region -- Prussian kaiser meets with President Larisa aboard the battlesteamer Kennedy -- This year's October Festival a grand success, larger than ever due to this being the 100th anniversary of the October Revolution -- Geologists express concern about submarine mining operations near Aleutian fault lines -- Egalitarian Front wins election, at least one more year for President Larisa
~Pray for John McCain~

Cruxa
Minister

Founded: Jul 07, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cruxa » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:43 pm

just watched A Dogs Purpose.

i'm not crying i swear.

it's LoTR who's crying
[5]4321
Conservative economically, liberal socially
Capitalist
Does not use NS stats!
Cruxa is a Class P14 civilization!
San Marlindo wrote:I didn't understand a word of this OP except maybe this is the sort of thing I dwell on when I'm high.

Charlia wrote:Are you scared?
Exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcellent.

Valgora wrote:But they wouldn't need to take it from your hands. They just need to ban the websites.
Unless you are still using magazines.
Plus, the friction would warm up your hands.
Name: Crux >:3
Dislikes: Pop, you
Happiness Level: lowest of the low
Views: Libertarian
Pro gay, capitalism, weed, Mexico, Muslim refugees, choice
Anti terrorist, Russia, Trump, Clinton, religion, communism

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:45 pm

Lord of The Rings wrote:
Britanania wrote:I wish they'd give us a pokemon game with a lot more freedom of choosing your adventure. Like, if I want to join Team Rocket they should let me.

Generally, when you find a formula that works, you don't wanna mess it up. It's possible the switch could open that up though next year.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:08 pm

Arctica-Aleutia wrote:
Lord of The Rings wrote:

We need to get some indie developers to overrun the Nintendo headquarters :p

Haha, we only need to find a way to force Nintendo to start developing PC games, that way Pokémon could actually reach its true potential.

Aidannadia wrote:
Lord of The Rings wrote:

Generally, when you find a formula that works, you don't wanna mess it up. It's possible the switch could open that up though next year.

True, but I doubt it. Nintendo has never really showed any interest in the development of (so to speak) big games.

Cruxa wrote:just watched A Dogs Purpose.

i'm not crying i swear.

it's LoTR who's crying

Lol, never watched that movie :P

Acworth
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Acworth » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:10 pm

Tomás García

Appearance (If the image is too large or it's a description:)
Bio: Tomás was born in Slateport City to immigrant parents from a faraway region. His father was an engineer for the shipyards while his mother developed a reputation for being one of the region's best cyclists. Instead of continuing the family tradition of being an engineer of some sort Tomás admitted to his parents he wanted to be a trainer and travel abroad. His parents, while surprised, supported his decision and paid a one way ticket to Maderia. They also gave him a pokemon as a gift, Torchic, his favorite pokemon. He is currently on his way to Festaía City and will travel to Nataluz City eventually.
Personality: Passionate, Energetic, Thinker, Funny
Items: x1 backpack, x10 Poke balls, x15 Potions, x1 Map of Maderia, x1 Bike

--Optional--
Likes: Jazz, Fire type Pokemon, Pokemon Contests, Dragon type Pokemon, Psychic type Pokemon
Dislikes: Country music, Ghost type Pokemon
Battle Theme:

#PAV (do not remove)

EDIT: just realized I forgot the app for my pokemon

Torchic

Species: Torchic
Item (If applicable):
Pokéball Type: Pokeball
Personality: Feisty, Eager

Ability: Blaze
Moves:
  • Peck
  • Ember
  • Growl
  • Quick Attack
Trainer: Tomás García

--Optional--
Biography: Gift from Tomás's parents. Came from a breeder. Why this Torchic wants to fight all the time is unknown.
Dislikes: Water
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)
Last edited by Acworth on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 am, edited 5 times in total.

Britanania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Britanania » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:23 pm

Acworth wrote:
Tomás García

Bio: Tomás was born in Slateport City to immigrant parents from a faraway region. His father was an engineer for the shipyards while his mother developed a reputation for being one of the region's best cyclists. Instead of continuing the family tradition of being an engineer of some sort Tomás admitted to his parents he wanted to be a trainer and travel abroad. His parents, while surprised, supported his decision and paid a one way ticket to Maderia. They also gave him a pokemon as a gift, Torchic, his favorite pokemon. He is currently on his way to Festaía City and will travel to Nataluz City eventually.

--Optional--
Likes: Jazz, Fire type Pokemon, Pokemon Contests, Dragon type Pokemon, Psychic type Pokemon
Battle Theme:

#PAV (do not remove)

Torchic

Item (If applicable):
Pokéball Type: Fire

Moves:
  • Peck
  • Ember
  • Growl
  • Quick Attack

--Optional--
Biography: Gift from Tomás's parents. Came from a breeder. Why this Torchic wants to fight all the time is unknown.
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Unless Mund has any objections, accepted

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:17 pm

...So, am I doing it right?
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Lord of The Rings
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Lord of The Rings » Sun Jun 18, 2017 8:40 pm

Kita-Hinode wrote:...So, am I doing it right?

Why wouldn't you? The posts look good :)

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:47 am

Britanania wrote:
Acworth wrote:
Tomás García

--Optional--
Battle Theme:

#PAV (do not remove)

Torchic

Item (If applicable):
Pokéball Type: Fire

Moves:
  • Peck
  • Ember
  • Growl
  • Quick Attack

--Optional--
Other:

#PAV (Do not remove)

Unless Mund has any objections, accepted

Yep. This is good. But what exactly is a "fire" pokéball, though?
Have at you!

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:49 am

Mundeo wrote:
Britanania wrote:Unless Mund has any objections, accepted

Yep. This is good. But what exactly is a "fire" pokéball, though?

I think he mistaken it for "Pokémon Type"
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Mundeo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Mundeo » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am

Also, as an FYI, the Maderian pokédexes don't have Rotoms in them. They're just regular dexes, and look like the Unovan Pokédex.
Last edited by Mundeo on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have at you!

Arctica-Aleutia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Arctica-Aleutia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:53 am

Mundeo wrote:Also, as an FYI, the Maderian pokédexes don't have Rotoms in them. They're just regular dexes, and look like the Unovan Pokédex.

Well, the one Duncan has is an old one from who knows where, so it's probably somewhere between a brick phone and a universal remote. Since he is a pokemon, he probably doesn't need a new one.
NS Stats
Ask Questions Here!
~Pray for John McCain~

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse