NATION

PASSWORD

Gods and Supermen (OOC, OPEN!)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:58 pm

So i'd take it that my app has some problem in a way?
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Higher Japan wrote:Name: Vixen

Dominion: Death

Appearance:

Bio: As one of the oldest gods in the universe when life was born, Vixen was chosen among the few gods as the goddess of death, meaning she was the final judgement in the fate of the dead. With the fact that people died constantly, she was always busy to the point where in order to cut the time taken she had a chamber where there was only a door on a platform linked by a never ending bridge. On the bridge were the dead that awaited judgement.

Being the goddess of death she was rarely worshiped and as such was one of the weakest gods known, but that still did not stop her from continuing her work as she slaved away in her chamber. Eventually the time came during the wars which caused the millions of deaths on a scale she had never seen before. Taking pity on the dead, she bypassed the stage of judgement and gave them a one way ticket to heaven, although some were unfortunate enough to fall under her radar as they fell into hell. Eventually came the current events where she had gone onto land, but only to take the dead down into her chamber for judgement. As of now, one can see her roaming the streets at night as she collects the souls of the dead to face judgement.

Powers: Although she is death, she cannot just one shot kill someone but rather chooses their final fate. Despite that, she can still know when people die and how. As an offensive capability, she can raise the dead to do her bidding although this is rarely used.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Tropes: Being god is hard, Holy Halo

She's fine, but what do you intend to do with her?

The Fallen Jedi
Post Marshal

Founded: Jun 06, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Fallen Jedi » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:09 pm

Name: Spera | God of Nature | The Gardener

Dominion: Nature

Appearance: This

Bio:
Since time immemorial there have existed deities of great power who also watched over vast area of land, Spera is one of these such gods who diligently watched over and tended to their realms of power and to the God of Nature he himself was charged with tending to the garden that was the Mother Nature, to keep the vast array of forestry healthy and strong, the oceans a beautiful blue and maintain the sustainability of the Earth at acceptable levels. But unlike his brethren, who watched over the world from a distance, Spera was never too far from the vast rainforests which had been referred to him as the "Gardens of Eden" he was also one of the first gods who got involved directly with maintaining his gardens, the industrial progress of Humanity became a great concern to him as he watched these gardens that he struggled to maintain began to slowly crumble away due to the massive demand that came directly from Humanity's consumption of the very products that were borne out of his forests.

Over time, watching as his trees were cut down by the thousands, Spera's patience with humanity's wasteful ways began to grow thin, this was until the Golden Morning came to pass. During the Great Devastation of Great Garden as it was remembered by the followers of the God of Nature, Spera could feel the destruction of his proudest achievement and the very testament to his power: the Amazon Rainforest. Screaming out in both pain and anger, Spera, like his fellow brethren descended down upon the Earth in order to regain control of the situation. However, unlike the other gods who resorted to committing atrocities all around the globe Spera decided to take a more reasonable approach, resolving to teach those who were willing to learn about the domain of Nature and how it's survival kept the Earth sustainable for humanity as well as the life around it.

Spera's peaceful way in teaching his willing followers about Nature came to pay off and as a result would come to obtain a large following as well as the foundation of the Parliament of Trees, a group dedicated to following the ways of the God of Nature and preserving the last remaining bastions of rainforests left. Upon the commencing of the Divine Crusade, the God of Nature decided to embark on a path of Neutrality, an act that earned the ire of his godly brothers but was left largely ignored due to focusing in most of their efforts in on fighting against Superhumanity. This act of Neutrality was left unrespected by both parties, but mostly the Gods themselves as they waged war on every part of the North American, European, and Asian Continents. In response to this however, Spera rallied the Parliament of Trees to him and pledged to fight against all who sought to exploit the realm of the Forest, thus resulting in the creation of the Keepers of the Forest.

As the dust began to settle, the African Continent had been left largely alone by the warring parties, the Parliament of Trees suffered tremendous setbacks in the previously mentioned American, European, and Asian Theatre's: large swaths of forests in those areas were either severely damaged or outright destroyed by the fighting between the two warring parties however these setbacks and his defensive war against both aggressing parties earned the God of Nature additional following from both inside and outside of the African Continent, with many flocking to join the Parliament of Trees through the desire to live a life as close as possible to normalcy. As a result of claiming neutrality during the war, Spera's relationship with the Gods decreased, but the sovereignty of the Parliament of Trees being respected by both the Superhumans and the Gods as a result of their survival during the war.

Now as tensions between the two sides begins to rise once more, Spera has since reaffirmed his neutrality in any conflicts and will defend his people against either party that seeks to exploit their domains.

Powers:
  • Lordship of the Trees: Standing atop the Natural Chain is Spera, the God of Nature, whose very presence holds absolute control over everything connected to the realm of Nature.
  • Nature Manipulation: As his title implies, Spera is the God of Nature, the ultimate power behind all phenomena related to nature, Storms, Geographical Shifts, Natural Occurrences, and even Natural Disasters are all byproducts of either his direct intervention or the emotions that he feels. Not only does this enable Spera to reverse the effects of anyone with the ability to manipulate natural forces, this also allows him to will up anything connected to his domain but can also be dependent on the number of followers he has.

Optional!

Dislikes:
Tropes: Literally just about everything connected to Nature.
Last edited by The Fallen Jedi on Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:10 pm

Very good question, i guess she'd be one of the sympathizers for the supermen
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

WIP App

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:12 pm

Name: Name changes each time he is addressed and or prayed to or worshiped.

Dominion: Domain of things lost or misplaced

Appearance: (Pics are preferred)

Bio: He is not all powerful as many gods seem to be, not exactly, but he is versatile. The number of things that have been lost or misplaced are staggering, even gods themselves have lost things. Unlike with most other gods, he had stayed on earth, though he was not addressed by name, the prayers for needing or wanting to find things still went through him.

Powers: Item Recall: He can call things that have been lost back to him. The more powerful or dangerous a thing is the more of his power, ie faith must be used. The only exception is if enough people pray for the things return, which is a rarity. He can call indivual items or those related to one another. He can see the items and knows where theey are, with some exceptions.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Tropes:

Will add more later, tell me if what i have must be changed.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Also how is locationing going to work? I was thinking of basing Ibysus somewhere in the Mediterranean (probably Crete)

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:21 pm

Edited the app, tell me if anything needs to be changed
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:26 pm

Athrax wrote:Also how is locationing going to work? I was thinking of basing Ibysus somewhere in the Mediterranean (probably Crete)

Well, I imagine that the gods wouldn't have too much of an issue going where plot is.

Also, gonna make an edit. Only one full God per player.

Tomia
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tomia » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:28 pm

The Republic of Atria wrote:
Athrax wrote:Also how is locationing going to work? I was thinking of basing Ibysus somewhere in the Mediterranean (probably Crete)

Well, I imagine that the gods wouldn't have too much of an issue going where plot is.

Also, gonna make an edit. Only one full God per player.

Ah interesting, rip Zark though :p

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:29 pm

Name: Walt Bismarck

Appearance:

Bio:
Walt was one of the many gifted with powers among the human race, but his was not so readily visible. He was physically average and nothing to brag about, but within his mind, his brain synapses fired at near-light speeds and bridged connections continuously, making Walt one of the most intelligent men on Earth by puberty. Rather than going off on his own and using his powers for either good or bad, Bismarck chose to serve his country, and began working with the United States Government around age eighteen, in 2001. Very quickly, he gained a reputation for prized, cutting edge technology and impressive work, dedicating his time and patience to weapons and machines of all shapes of caliber, intent on answering the "Superhuman Question" with a barrage of implosion-type missiles.

His work was rudely interrupted by the events of the Golden Morning, which immediately pitted his top of the line, hero-busting equipment against the likes of Gods and rogue supers alike, usually with success, but the overwhelming number and sophistication of the divines and heroes was too much of a strain on Walt, his development, and his superiors. Numerous attacks on his operation base in Cheyenne Mountain began to cause Walt to withdraw from the global stage of the battles, diverting resources and attention to defense rather than incredible offensive power. After one too many attacks that left most of the personnel within the mountain complex dead, Walt had decided he had enough.

Faced with either complete and total lockdown or unleashing a nasty series of superweapons, Bismarck ultimately closed off the Mountain Base and shut himself in, replacing most of the bases' personnel with automated robots to take care of himself and provide him with some means of exploring the outside world. As he withdrew, supers and divines lost interest in attacking a fortress, and generally left him alone for the next few years. Alone with his creative thoughts, Walt ushered in technological advancements the likes of which the world had not yet seen, yet, he did nothing to bring those advancements to the globe. In some dark corner of his mind, Walt desired the power that it brought, that his own mind could be the decider of man and God alike.

Beginning in late 2008, though, Walt began to send out exploration drones and get a general sense of the world around him in the tail end of the global catastrophe. He himself didn't leave the Cheyenne complex until mid-2009, and is just getting into making regular trips outside of his facility in order to investigate and track down things of interest to him. His agenda is fairly simple: Acquire or invent advanced technology, and keep it in reserve to eliminate divine or super as it suits him. To this end, Walt has been exploring the Western remnant of the United States to establish himself once more in a semi-peaceful, cold-war like world.

Powers:
  • Supernatural Intelligence: His only power, Walt Bismarck is leagues ahead of most men and supermen alike in the brains department, using his smarts to construct devices, machines, and execute precision planning all on the fly if need be. He is so capable, the rare occasions he leaves his underground fortress, the armored suits he dons are often called "mobile labs" due to his ability to construct and adapt on the fly and with limited resources. While he greatest talents are in robotics and weaponry, he possesses hypercognition and is able to be a master at most brain-related activities. His draw back is his physical body is that of an average man who engages in moderate exercise, overly relying on technology for everything he has.

Optional!

Dislikes: Losing, Rival Technopaths

Tropes: Badass Bookworm, Crazy Prepared, Bigger Stick, Flying Firepower, Gadgeteer Genius, There Is No Kill Like Overkill, Transhuman
Last edited by New Neros on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:34 pm

Atria, would it be ok if my as of yet unnamed god of the Lost and Misplaced, could have nearly any power, item or thing, as long sa it is lost, there would be drawbacks and the like of course, but still.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Athrax
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Athrax » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Atria, would it be ok if my as of yet unnamed god of the Lost and Misplaced, could have nearly any power, item or thing, as long sa it is lost, there would be drawbacks and the like of course, but still.

Are you going for some kind of Tickster God here? Because that'd be cool as hell

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:38 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Atria, would it be ok if my as of yet unnamed god of the Lost and Misplaced, could have nearly any power, item or thing, as long sa it is lost, there would be drawbacks and the like of course, but still.

I don't see how there could be a lost "power" but it works perfectly fine for objects.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:39 pm

Athrax wrote:

Are you going for some kind of Tickster God here? Because that'd be cool as hell

God of things Lost or Misplaced.

It originated from the phrase

Socks for the Sock God

Clothes for the Clothes Pile

then evolved into the Domain of things lost or misplaced. It will be humorous of course, but also serious enough to matter. I could have brought in a version of Steve, Lovecraftian God of Horror and Madness, but decided not to.

I don't see how there could be a lost "power" but it works perfectly fine for objects.

WEll if a god loses worshippers they weaken, right?
What about people, as ther have been those that have dissapaeared without a trace.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:43 pm

Name: Rick Bishop "The Mirror"

Appearance: Normal Armored

Bio: Rick was born into a kind family in the midwest. He went to school and did quite well. As he approached his late teens, he discovered what his ability was when he was hanging out with some of his friends from school. He could give moderate powers to them and take them back. Which of course, them being teenagers, this led to them mostly using his powers to ace school and stealing beer from convenience stores. Rick was really only mad that he didn't actually get to use the powers he gave out, but his friends were always more than happy to share the spoils with him. Since it wouldn't be possible without him in the first place. Life was good. They all managed to get good job jobs because he basically let them keep their powers. He considered what he was going to do with the ability to give other people powers, but not being able to use them for himself? Become a, quite literal, power broker. Rent out powers to help people and rake in the cash.

And boy did he rake in the cash. People happily paid out the nose for even a smidgen of power. While he specialized in giving out powers that enhanced one's mind. Abilities like precognition and the understanding of technology that wouldn't be developed for decades made him a very comfortable living, but people often requested super strength and other powers. They weren't as powerful as the supers who had it as a default power, but it was still quite superhuman. Of course, many people thought they could get away with not paying him, woefully unaware that he could take them back at anytime. Life was good. And then came the Golden Morning, and everything went bad. The devastation wrought by the return of the Gods was nothing short of apocalyptic. And that was before the war actually started. But fortunately he lived in Wyoming and while it suffered just like everywhere else, it wasn't as bad since there was nothing in Wyoming that either the gods or the supers cared about.

Most everyone had heard about him and Rick didn't have much of a choice in the matter. He gave out as many powers as he could to everyone around and willing to help, and while the people in his settlement were wholly capable of defending it. As time went on, and more and more people joined his settlement, he found himself drawing on the powers he gave out, with them increasing the with the more he gave out. Allowing him to actually contribute to the settlement rather than just making sure everyone had the proper powers for the task.

Powers: Power Bestowal: Rick has the ability to give out many superhuman abilities, but they're less potent than a super who possess that ability naturally. While he can take the ability granted away with a thought, swapping and granting them requires physical contact.

Power Borrowing: Rick can use all of the powers he's granted to other people. Granting him Supernatural Condition due to the amount of enhanced intelligence and super strength abilities he's given out. The more powers he gives out, the stronger he becomes.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Tropes:
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Higher Japan wrote:Name: Vixen

Dominion: Death

Appearance:

Bio: As one of the oldest gods in the universe when life was born, Vixen was chosen among the few gods as the goddess of death, meaning she was the final judgement in the fate of the dead. With the fact that people died constantly, she was always busy to the point where in order to cut the time taken she had a chamber where there was only a door on a platform linked by a never ending bridge. On the bridge were the dead that awaited judgement.

Being the goddess of death she was rarely worshiped and as such was one of the weakest gods known, but that still did not stop her from continuing her work as she slaved away in her chamber. Eventually the time came during the wars which caused the millions of deaths on a scale she had never seen before. Taking pity on the dead, she bypassed the stage of judgement and gave them a one way ticket to heaven, although some were unfortunate enough to fall under her radar as they fell into hell. Eventually came the current events where she had gone onto land, but only to take the dead down into her chamber for judgement. As of now, one can see her roaming the streets at night as she collects the souls of the dead to face judgement.

Powers: Although she is death, she cannot just one shot kill someone but rather chooses their final fate. Despite that, she can still know when people die and how. As an offensive capability, she can raise the dead to do her bidding although this is rarely used. But the more commonly used powers include stealing the life from people and as a last resort can rip all souls out of their hosts within a certain radius of her.

Optional!

Dislikes:

Tropes: Being god is hard, Holy Halo

Alright, accepted.

TriStates
Senator

Founded: Apr 24, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby TriStates » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:50 pm

How ridiculous can one make a character?
Vytautas wrote:There are two kinds of people in this world:
* people giving a fuck,
* people not giving a fuck,
Drink Vytautas, give a NEGATIVE FUCK!
The Burning Sun wrote:...you seem to experience what I shall completely non-offensively dub the Triplex, or TriStates Complex - you spend a ton of time crafting a beautiful work of collaboration, and then you mysteriously disappear...

The Starlight wrote:
TriStates wrote::( I don't like change...

It's coarse and dry and gets everywhere. :p

But I do get what you mean.
My Past Adventures: After World

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:51 pm

TriStates wrote:How ridiculous can one make a character?

We've got a god of lost items on the way, so you tell me.

EDIT: Updated the OP with all accepted characters!
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:56 pm

would it be acceptable if tey were items of power Atria?

just trying to Give Rodrick some combat abilities so that he is not a total waste. Bob is supposed to be a humorous deity, but i want him to be of use. Geofreys abilities are somewhat random,a s he can summon/conjure up items that have been lost, but the items are relatively random unless enough faith is put into it so to speak.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Shadowwell wrote:would it be acceptable if tey were items of power Atria?

just trying to Give Rodrick some combat abilities so that he is not a total waste. Bob is supposed to be a humorous deity, but i want him to be of use. Geofreys abilities are somewhat random,a s he can summon/conjure up items that have been lost, but the items are relatively random unless enough faith is put into it so to speak.

That could work.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:would it be acceptable if tey were items of power Atria?

That could work.

Will try to finish the app soon.

would it be okay if he can track lost items and things, or atleast know a general idea concerning them.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:03 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
That could work.

would it be okay if he can track lost items and things, or atleast know a general idea concerning them.

It's his domain, so I would figure he could find any objects that were lost.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:04 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

still wanted to make sure, what would differentiate things that were lost vs things taht were stolen?

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:07 pm

Just a quick question would it be fine if my character had a divine item, in a sense that if you possess that item, it will give you the power of the god that owned it.
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:09 pm

Higher Japan wrote:Just a quick question would it be fine if my character had a divine item, in a sense that if you possess that item, it will give you the power of the god that owned it.

That is fine.
Shadowwell wrote:

still wanted to make sure, what would differentiate things that were lost vs things taht were stolen?

The object in question has to be lost in the sense that A: Someone is actually looking for it. And B: It's not intentionally hidden.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse