NATION

PASSWORD

WCOH XXXIII Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Novaya Zemlya
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Novaya Zemlya » Tue May 16, 2017 7:07 am

OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN
Krasimir Yerokhin: "This is my last World Cup of Hockey"

BELUSHYA GUBA Krasimir Yerokhin has been the face of Novozemlyan hockey for 15 seasons. The 9-time NZEL all-star has led Partizan to four championships, and he has captained the national team ever since its first game nine cycles ago (a 3-4 loss to Schutzenphalia and West Ruhntuhnkuhnland, by the way). However, during the last WCoH there were rumors that the veteran center had decided to retire from the national team, and it took intense persuasion from head coach Bogdan Bobr and teammates to make him change his mind. It worked out, Yerokhin went to WCoH 32 in Valanora and formed a dominant line with youngsters Valeri Kalagin and Foma Khabalov in what was to become the most succesful Novozemlyan WCoH campaign to date.

"It was a fun tournament," Yerokhin comments. "I feel we have great team again this year, that can compete for gold, so I decided to give it one more go. But this is my last World Cup of Hockey."

36 year old Krasimir Yerokhin may have lost a step, but even in his prime he was never the fastest skater. Instead, he dominates games due to his smarts. His ability to slow down the game and find an open teammate with a pass in a scoring position is what made him the greatest Novozemlyan hockey player of all time. You can call it hockey IQ or vision, it doesn't matter. The point is, your smarts do not go away with age and even though he's slowed down, Yerokhin is still a top 10 point producer in the NZEL - so why retire now?

"The last couple of seasons I have not been able to play at the level I've come to expect from myself," he responds. "That is hard to accept. I have had some nagging injuries and I am not getting any younger. Plus, there are some younger guys coming up that deserve a chance on the national team."

Perhaps Yerokhin's NT retirement announcement should be seen as a favor to his old friend, coach Bobr? We all know that Bogdan Bobr would never cut his long-time captain from the national team, so Yerokhin calling it quits before his play drops off dramatically might be the best decision for all parties involved. Either way, luckily for us Novozemlyans, we will still get to see Yerokhin in the NZEL for another year. The day after Partizan's heartbreaking game 7 loss to Metallurg in the NZEL finals, the club announced that Yerokhin, or "Kras" as his teammates call him, had signed a one-year extension.

"Originally, I had planned to retire from hockey all together after this season," Yerokhin comments on his decision. "But the way these last two seasons have ended... Two straight finals losses. Man, I don't want to go out like that. I will give it one last shot, try to get the title back to Belushya Guba. I owe it to the fans after all these years, you know?"

So let's say you have a good season in the league next year, and Bogdan Bobr calls you about the WCoH? Would you consider chaning your mind about retirement?

"No. This is it, I have made up my mind. I don't want to stand in the way of the future generation coming in."

Let's talk about the upcoming WCoH for a while. Unlike previous years, this tournament will have a 10-game double round robin, with teams playing on home ice rather than in the host nation. What's your thoughts on that?

"I don't look forward to the travel but overall I think it's great. The fans will become a real factor, and I think Novaya Zemlya has some of the best hockey fans around. It will be really special to play infront of the home crowd."

What about the group draw? It looks like you landed in one of the tougher groups, with Kaboomlandia looking like the biggest threat, correct?

"I would agree, they are a great team. I heard they even won a friendly against Elejamie last week. Our games against them in the Round of 16 last year both went to OT. I expect it to be super close again this year."

What about the rest of the group?

"The Alpine Union, as I understand it, is basically Prusy Krolewskie with some of Botten's best players sprinkled in there, so they should be taken seriously for sure. And Ontorisa has always had a great program, so yeah, I would agree that this group is tougher on paper than some of the others."

Speaking about Ontorisa, last time you guys met there was reportedly some bad blood between the teams, especially you and Ontorisan captain Tealmos Wedernas seemed to have some differing opinions. He called you a "typical goon" in an interview afterwards. Do you look forward to facing them again?

"I look forward to the games because I believe we have a good chance of winning. That game you're talking about is history now, you won't get any juicy comments out of me on that subject. Our focus is on winning games and nothing else."

Classic Yerokhin. Unlike a long list of people involved with Team Novaya Zemlya over the years, Krasimir Yerokhin has always carried himself with class. Even in absurd situations, such as being the unwilling spokesperson when the government decided to make a political spectacle of the Feministvs Sanctvsterra asylum situation during WCoH 27, Yerokhin has managed to survive with his dignity intact. For that, and even more for his outstanding contributions on the ice, we thank him. You will be missed, Krasimir. Now go get that Cup to top off your career!
Last edited by Novaya Zemlya on Tue May 16, 2017 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Tue May 16, 2017 9:44 am

Nova Anglicana Lions Senior Hockey Team

Head Coach: Ken Williamson
Style Modifier: +1
Captain: Theo Shipley
Assistant Captains: Aksu Koivula, Sander van der Zeijden

1st Line
RW Ryan Fleming, 32 – Fleming has a more rounded game, tall wing has bulked up as well
C Theo Shipley, 32 – His skills already evoke comparison with hockey greats, now he has the responsibility to match,
LW Nick Hall, 27 - Hall has collected some hardware over the years, now on the first line

2nd Line
RW Dan Warner, 31 - Warner's wrister has been called "the best in Nova Anglicana", all-out attacks mentality
C Ryan Roberson, 26 - Roberson graduates from the junior team, will he live up to aggressive expectations?
LW Justin Reed, 31 - Reed's a burly, aggressive player, expect him to mix it up a little, good shooter

3rd Line
RW Julian Quinn, 27 - Quinn is tall and thin, but a great skater, hard to hit with a decent shot
C Luke Watkins, 27 - Watkins is a good passer and extremely quick
LW Brian Harper, 24 - another good skater like the rest of this line, he has a great work ethic and eye for the ice

4th Line
RW Claude Vernier, 27- Vernier is a flashy playboy type, but also one of the quickest skaters out there
C Alex Chandler, 26 - converted defenseman can lay some good licks on opposing players, really pesky on defense
LW André Buchanan, 27 - Buchanan's not afraid to check and check hard, better than average defender for a wing, likes assists

Pair 1
Brian Caldwell, 31 - Caldwell is a great two-way player, making this pairing a true threat
Gabe Holt, 27 - Holt is a good two-way player, been honing his skills in QHL

Pair 2
Cyrus Lovett, 32 – family moved to Nova Anglicana from US, team impressed by big body and work ethic, will drop the gloves and fight
Sander van der Zeijden, 35 – has a wonderful set of instincts and a good offensive skill set, solid defender accepts his place on 2nd line

Pair 3
Bo Knudsen, 31 - Knudsen is an extremely hard worker who will fiercely protect his teammates and clear people out from in front of the goal
Roland Boulanger, 26 - has great awareness on the ice, skills complement those of partner Knudsen

Pair 4
Noel Lewis, 25 - Lewis is the team's enforcer as well as Lovett, improving defender
Anthony Rogers, 27 - Rogers is a big body who is good at all types of checks, no offensive game to speak

Goaltenders
Aksu Koivula, 33 – Finn émigré gets his shot at national team 1st-team goaltender
Brandon Wiseman, 26 - great natural talent, comes out of the crease to play the puck too much

Power Play 1
1st Line + Defensive Pair 1

Power Play 2
2nd Line + Defensive Pair 2

Penalty Kill 1
1st Line + Defensive Pair 1

Penalty Kill 2
4th Line + Defensive Pair 3

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following...
Choose My Scorers: Yes/No
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes/No
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes/No, ordinary things, TG me if you want them to tear an ACL or something and I'll approve or disapprove
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes/No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes/No
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes/No, only if your player starts the fight and also gets ejected
Godmod Other Events: Yes/No
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Allamunnic States
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Allamunnic States » Tue May 16, 2017 11:31 am

Federation of Allamunnic States
National Hockey Team - The Ironheads

Roleplay Information

Style Modifier: +3

Roleplay Permissions
- Choose Scorers: Please TG first.
- Injure Players: Nothing beyond game-ending without TGing for approval.
- Fights? Yes.
- Penalize Players: Keep it reasonable, or TG for approval. The Regulars tend to be fairly well-disciplined.
- Godmod Injuries: Same as regular injuries. Please keep it reasonable or make it hilarious.
- Godmod Other Events: Keep previous permissions in mind. Have fun with it.
- Photographs: Please do not use photographs with any players intended to depict players on my team.

General Information

Overview:

Following the chaos at the Allamunnic Sporting Commission that followed the death of long-time Commissioner Hadley Thornburger, the hockey team fell by the wayside and was unable to secure funding to compete at the 31st or 32nd World Cups of Hockey. Still, the players, having had an opportunity to hone their play somewhat in the Allamunnic Hockey League, return, forming the same roster they did during their moderately successful WCoH XXX run, where they ultimately went 3-1-1, barely missing a playoff berth.

The team is a fairly offensively-oriented one: the team finished at World Cup of Hockey XXX with a +1 goal differential, brought on from 16 goals scored versus 15 allowed. The team's rank has slipped somewhat due to two years of inactivity (now 47th in the world),

Home Stadiums
Vulksaron Stadium (Rikardsburg, SM)(Outdoor venue)

Team Captains (Coin-Toss Purposes):
Captain: Daanyl Kaarlsunn (D#30)

Staff

General & Front Office
Commissioner: Benjamin Jamesunn (Age: 70)

General Manager: Stella Maardyr (Age: 56)

Head Coach: Hylda Roengaard (Age: 45)

Roster & Combinations

Code: Select all
Full Roster
#01 - Udun Nyurdsunn - G - Age: 33; H: 6'0"; W: 218lbs
#03 - Kyl Svenhaagun - W - Age: 25; H: 5'11"; W: 217lbs
#05 - Theodurik Grahulm - C - Age: 24; H: 6'4"; W: 235lbs
#06 - Tylur Zymmurmunn - W - Age: 23; H: 5'10; W: 185lbs
#12 - Kaetlyn Wyllur - G - Age: 23; H: 5'6"; W: 152lbs
#17 - Ole Lyndburg - C - Age: 26; H: 6'0"; W: 222lbs
#21 - Gaarutt Waalturs - D - Age: 30; H: 6'1"; W: 231lbs
#22 - Jenna Vogyl - W - Age: 23; H: 5'8"; W: 162lbs
#25 - Ryan Murphy - W - Age: 24; H: 5'10"; W: 208lbs
#27 - Bryndyn Eriksunn - D - Age: 24; H: 6'0"; W: 228lbs
#30 - Daanyl Kaarlsunn - D - Age: 36; H: 6'2"; W: 234lbs - C
#32 - Junna Haargyldlunn - W - Age: 29; H: 5'11"; W: 168lbs
#35 - Rodryk Mueller - D - Age: 27; H: 5'11"; W: 229lbs
#37 - Inna Ulryk - W - Age: 24; H: 5'9"; W: 164lbs
#38 - Derrik Braandur - D - Age: 23; H: 6'1"; W: 227lbs
#41 - Izaak Alstadt - G - Age: 24; H: 6'1"; W: 224lbs
#42 - Junn Wyllsunn - D - Age: 24; H: 6'2"; W: 232lbs
#43 - Korynn Viktursunn - W - Age: 26; H: 6'0"; W: 174lbs
#44 - Erik Burkhardt - C - Age: 28; H: 6'3"; W: 235lbs
#48 - Stevan Maarkussunn - D - Age: 24; H: 6'1"; W: 230lbs
#49 - Fradryk Jaarlburg - W - Age: 23; H: 6'2"; W: 216lbs
#52 - Maark Stahlburg - D - Age: 23; H: 6'3"; W: 233lbs
#53 - Erik Stahlburg - C - Age: 24; H: 6'2"; W: 230lbs

Offensive Lines

First Line - Starters
W#32 - J. Haargyldlunn
C#53 - E. Stahlburg
W#43 - K. Viktursunn

Second Line - Back-Ups
W#22 - J. Vogyl
C#44 - E. Burkhardt
W#25 - R. Murphy

Third Line - Penalty Kill
W#03 - K. Svenhaagun
C#05 - T. Grahulm
W#49 - F. Jaarlburg

Fourth Line - Reserves
W#37 - I. Ulryk
C#17 - O. Lyndburg
W#06 - T. Zymmurmunn

Defensive Pairs

First Pair - Starters
D#30 - D. Kaarlsunn
D#52 - M. Stahlburg

Second Pair - Back-Ups
D#35 - R. Mueller
D#21 - G. Waalturs

Third Pair - Penalty-Kill
D#48 - S. Maarkussunn
D#42 - J. Wyllsunn

Fourth Pair - Reserves
D#27 - B. Eriksunn
D#38 - D. Braandur

Keepers
G#01 - U. Nyurdsunn
G#41 - I. Alstadt
G#12 - K. Wyllur
Part of the Ajax Role-Playing Community.
Stay apprised of developments in Ottonia
Political Compass
Six-Time World Bowl Champions (XVI, XVII, XIX, XXIII, XXV, XXVII)
WLC VII & X Champs (WLC VI, XI & XIII Runners-Up)

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Tue May 16, 2017 12:09 pm

ONTORISA HOCKEY TALK
De-ker-Peork: "We're here to win. Nothing else."
Written By: Amalis Tjormand
De-ker-Peork attempts to recover the puck from an oncoming Ethanese forechecker.

De-ker-Peork is tired of failure. The 29 year old who was selected 2nd Overall in the 2006 OJL Entry Draft by the Saliasburg Nightmares, is coming off a career low season in the 96th OJL Season, recording 29 goals, 26 assists for a total of 55 points. On top of having a down year, the Nightmares struggled without their captain, missing the OJL playoffs by 16 points.

"Put the blame on me. I struggled and in turn, I let the team down." De-ker-Peork told media after Ontorisa's morning practice. "We're here to win. What happened in Ontorisa, happened in Ontorisa. The entire team travelled a huge distance just to do one thing. Win. Nothing else."

Ontorisa had previously refused to join the 31st and 32nd World Cups of Hockey due to a dispute between the OJL and the World Cup of Hockey Federation, where the OJL was unhappy with profits being made off of their product and no revenue returning to them. Eventually the two sides had reached a deal behind closed doors, just in time for the 33rd World Cup of Hockey.

"It was stupid." De-ker-Peork told media. "Every kid grows up just wanting to have the Coat of Arms on the front of their jersey and to be a proud Falcon on the international stage. It was a kick to the shins for every single OJL player who wanted to play in this tournament. And because of it, both the reputation of Ontorisa and our respect for our league, was taken down a notch."

Ontorisa is coming back to the World Cup of Hockey with relatively the exact same roster that saw them success. However, Lergeam Cataross has promised that he is going to be taking a good hard look at the roster to determine the line-up.

"We're thinking about a fast, speedy game like we have in the past. But we need guys who can both shoot, score and hit in the line-up. Expect Kedersolis to start playing a much much more prominent role on the team." Cataross told media. "I'm probably going to be shifting Corey [Corispan] and Panja [Panjaarvi] around to see if we can get something else going."

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Savojarna » Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 pm

SavojarSports.sj - inside reports from all Savojarna
Savojarna reveals the WCoH 33 roster!

Savojarna plays a game that is mostly depending on tactical discipline and puck possession. While the Savojars do value a good deflection or rebound goal, and certainly have many players who can do such things, they usually prefer a pass to a shot from a desperate position hoping for a lucky bounce. Their players think fast rather than move exceptionally fast (but they are not slow either!), with a few exceptions on the attack since the coaching changed and the team is a bit more aggressive. While they don't have to hide from anyone except maybe Enemy Crushers, they are usually not physically superior.

In terms of tactics, they play an aggressive forechecking with one or two men, trying to force puck losses, and drop back to their own blue line once the opponent has reached the neutral zone. They attempt to keep the opponent away from their own side, and defend usually quite solid. On the attack, Savojarna's top lines work with a lot of passing and cycling the puck to find an open lane while the third and fourth line play deeper and with more drive to the net. Especially the fourth line often crowds the slot, while the third is more likely to go deep and play behind the net. Usually, the Savojars play with 13 forwards and 7 defenders.

Style Mod: +0.75

Coach: Fridtjof Ragnarsson (53)
Assistant coaches: Denis Patrishin (42), Alexander Litmanen (37)
Medical and physio staff: Dr. Pyotr Alexandrov (63), Dr. Valtteri Naumanen (46), Lisa Andersson (35), Kari Litmanen (33)
Press representative: Carl Törmänen (34) - please note that apart from mixed zone interviews and WCoH press conferences, only Törmänen is authorised to speak to foreign media.

Savojar National Team
Pos Nr. Name Age Club Style
GK 30 Niklas Hoyman 26 CASK Thorsborg BFY
GK 35 Andrey Strakhov 31 International Pawlograd HYB
GK 70 Ville Kerjanen 20 Savojars Vinge Virkaja BFY

1st LINE
D 22 Erik Kristiansen 25 Dynamo Sjoedrhavn OFD
D 5 Jon Asgeirsson 26 ESK Storevik DFD
LW 40 Ville Stefansson 27 Metallurg Matochkingrad (NZE) SNP
C 18 Mikko Simonen 27 RHK Savojagrad PLM
RW 14 Pavel Rasnikov - C 29 Dynamo St. Andrei PWF
2nd LINE
D 13 Vyacheslav Glukov 28 RHK Savojagrad TWD
D 6 Dmitry Vasilyev 32 Dynamo St. Andrei DFD
LW 17 Johan Bryzhnev 19 Torpedo Belushya Guba (NZE) SNP
C 15 Frans Djurberg 23 Dynamo Sjoedrhavn PWF
RW 19 Tuomas Jaskinen 23 PT Hovikkära TWA
3rd LINE
D 20 Alexey Yarchenko - A 29 RHK Savojagrad TWD
D 21 Soren Falborg 24 Exton Islanders (MRC) OFD
LW 34 Mikael Söderberg - A 27 CASK Thorsborg SNP
C 52 Anders Hjalmarsson 24 HK Metall Jarnstad PLM
RW 24 Igor Yurkin 31 SK Torpedo Pawlograd GRN
4th LINE
D 12 Antti Toranen 26 CASK Thorsborg OFD
RW 10 Juha Neronen 25 Savojars Vinge Virkaja TWA
LW 72 Thorbjörn Ansgarsson 19 ESK Storevik GRN
C 33 Jacob Andersson 21 Orga MC (MRC) PWF
RW 41 Jonas Gulbrandsson 21 Partizan Belushya Guba (NZE) PLM
RESERVES
D 4 Denis Antonov 22 Partizan Novaya Russica TWD
D 27 Petteri Juranen 21 Savojars Vinge Virkaja TWD
RW 37 Perttu Jovinen 27 Savojars Vinge Virkaja TWA
C 47 Eythor Malinsson 18 ESK Storevik PLM

Goalkeeper order: Hoyman - Kerjanen - Strakhov, unless indicated otherwise

Special Teams:
The Savojar team plays a powerplay focused mainly on shooting from the point and the circle. The two defenders play both in the area between the blue line and the top of the circle, but occasionally advance to the circle. The winger on the side of the puck moves to the circle to be open and get a shot off, the other winger moves towards the goal to assist the center in screening and opening shooting lanes. The center remains in front of the goal. In penalty killing, Savojarna lets the opponent play around the boards, but intervenes quickly if the puck moves inside the box. They play a PK with relatively little pressure.

PP1: Kristiansen - Toranen - Stefansson - Djurberg - Bryzhnev
PP2: Falborg - Vasilyev - Söderberg - Yurkin - Jaskinen
PK1: Asgeirsson - Vasilyev - Djurberg - Jaskinen
PK2: Yarchenko - Glukov - Rasnikov - Yurkin

Style codes:
HYB = Hybrid goaltender. Uses a sensible mixture of butterfly and standup styles. Average likelihood of rebounds.
BFY = Butterfly goaltender. Quickly drops into butterfly stance to make saves. Will concede more rebounds, but is harder to beat low.
DFD = Defensive defender. Sticks to the blue line and works a lot in backchecking. Blocks shots, checks and is hard to get past.
TWD = Two-way defender. Dangerous from the point and the top of the circle, but focuses on backchecking. Also good at breakouts.
OFD = Offensive defender. Usually a good shooter and passer, and will more frequently move deep in offensive play. Still is a defender though.
TWA = Two-way attacker. A forward who will be quick to fall back if the team loses the puck, and prevents odd-man rush opportunities.
PWF = Power forward. A forward who plays with strength in everything he does, but also relies on skill. The most allround forwards on the team.
SNP = Sniper. A forward who will score more goals than assists. His job is simply to put the puck in the back of the net from every position.
PLM = Playmaker. A forward who has good overview and passing, and will score more assists than goals. His job is to create chances for the team.
GRN = Grinder. A forward using his body to annoy the opponent, get or keep the puck and push it into the goal. Especially good at forechecking.

JERSEY

Who will...
Score goals? Rasnikov, Bryzhnev, Simonen and Stefansson are top league scorers. From the defenders, all OFD as well as Glukov and Vasilyev may score. Vasilyev holds the record for the hardest slapshot ever recorded by a Savojar player, and may use it to score from the point. Glukov is also a good shooter, and will use that skill as well. The OFD may also move forward and shoot from the circle occasionally.

Amaze us all? If skill explosions and wonderful dekes are your thing, have an eye on Bryzhnev and Gulbrandsson. That brilliant cross-crease pass that leaves the teammate with an open net? Hjalmarsson and to a lesser extent Simonen got you covered. Finally, Hoyman guarantees spectacle in net.

Get into a brawl? Savojars are somewhat opposed to one-on-one brawls due to their huge sense of community. While the warrior culture is strong among the team, chances are that you'll get jumped by three at once if you hurt someone. The players with shortest fuses are Yurkin and Hendersen. Dmitry Vasilyev has a tendency to end up in fights instigated by the opponent, as he is known for his brutal checks. Those three are quite likely to end up in a fist fight, but all of the team know how to shove, push and wrestle you down (and also punch, if needed) shall you hurt their linemates.

Knock you out? Dmitry Vasilyev stands at 208 cm and 119 kg pure muscle. This is a giant that does not refrain from hitting you at all his speed and smaller players can be taken out by his checks even if they are clean. Apart from him, heavyweights of the team are Asgeirsson (197 cm/105 kg) and Yarchenko (194 cm/99 kg). Despite his size, Toranen (183 cm/80 kg) is known for his spectacular hip checks that sent many Savojar wingers to the ice face first.

Miss curfew? Savojars love a good drink, and while they have stopped doing the tradition of sacrificial mead-drinking before game days, they still practice it two days before (to sleep off the hangover). In this tradition, players are expected to prove their strength before the Gods by drinking large amounts of mead. The best at this discipline tend to be Strakhov, Jaskinen and Rantanen. Gudbrandsson is a very attractive guy who likes going out, and most likely to get to know the female players of other teams a bit better. Similar is said about Stefansson, but he never seems to find anyone meeting his standards... (OOC: Ville Stefansson is secretly gay and you are open to RP on that. However, given the usual issues of discrimination in hockey environments, only his best friends on the team know. I don't know if I'll bring that up in RP, but the possibility exists and if you want to collaborate on that, be it by outrage or endorsement, feel free.)

Spark controversy? Savojarna is a communist country, and while most players either remain silent on that or quietly endorse it, some are active defenders of the nation's politics. Those are Yurkin and Jaskinen, as well as Söderberg (who is a member of the left-communist AP). All the players of PT and Partizan are required to be members of the Communist Party of Savojarna, as they own the team.

Transfer abroad? Generally, players from Army teams (CASK, ASK, Torpedo, Aviator) are hard to get away from their team, but sometimes do if the offer is good. Similarly, Dynamo (the police team) is not extremely fond of losing players. But then again, since the 1990s players have enough rights to enable transfer of everyone.

SJOEDRHAVN + STADIUM

Sjoedrhavn is the nation's capital, located in the south of Vestrholm in a natural harbour. Due to this location, it became a big trading station and a major port for the navy. The residing Sydjarl dynasty conquered a majority of the land from the 15th century onwards and never saw their basis of power conquered. The old town of Sjoedrhavn comes largely from the 17th and 18th century, while the Docklands, serving as the primary nightlife district of the city, were erected in the early 20th century.

In Sjoedrhavn, there are lots of things to do. Walk around the beautiful old town in order to discover old Sjoedrhavn's houses and the riches of old Savojarna. See the shops and art in the Docklands. Walk up to Sjoedrhavn Castle and look at the history of its rulers. For over 1000 years, they had ruled the city which never got conquered. And then they made themselves kings of all of Savojarna. The museum in the castle houses objects like the mythical armour of Harald the Wild, first Emperor of Savojarna in 1021 (even though he never managed to capture Jarnstad, until he tried through diplomacy rather than force). A copy of the Pawlograd Agreement can be found, signed in 1831, which granted Russica the right of a regular subject of the Crown after almost 400 years as a colony; as well as a copy of the Treaty of Storevik from 1689, which turned King Haakon IV. of Sjoedrhavn and VII. of Ejana into Emperor Haakon I. of Savojarna, thus formally founding the Second Savojar Empire. And in the Treasury, you can see the crown of the last Emperor, Gustav XII. of Savojarna.

If you are less interested in history and more interested in art, the National Gallery is located in a city palace of the Silfverman family, a family who got rich after obtaining mining rights in the 16th century and became advisors to the King and later the Empire. It holds, among other things, the largest collection of paintings by Johan Terjason, the most famous Savojar painter. His image of the coronation of Haakon I. originally hung in the Emperor's throne hall until the Revolution ousted the Emperor. After the revolution in 1909, it was almost burnt as a symbol of the Ancien Regime, but saved as a national cultural object. Similar fates were avoided for the Gallery Of Kings, an almost complete collection of portraits of Kings of Sjoedrhavn and Emperors of Savojarna from Baldur the Just (reigning 1428 - 1443) to Gustav XII. (reigning 1899 - 1909). The modern art gallery in the Docklands has a number of international works of the last 100 years as well as important Savojar artists from the same time. Finally, for the hockey fans (and that's all of us, right?) Sjoedrhavn hosts the nation's Hall of Fame.

STADIA IN SJOEDRHAVN:

SJOEDRHAVNS STADSSTADION

Built 1934/renovated 2004
Capacity: 26'400
Teams: SHK Sjoedrhavn, Dynamo Sjoedrhavn

RP PERMISSIONS

You are free to do whatever you want as long as you do not:
    - violate the rules of physics or reality. Godmodding in the sense of unusual but possible events is fine, godmodding impossible things is not. As a guideline, if it has never happened in a RL hockey match, don't do it (or TG me first at least).
    - Kill any Savojars, including spectators and journalists etc.
    - Injure any player for more than until the next WCoH, or in a way that heavily affects me. As a rule of thumb, if you take out a 1st or 2nd liner, or if you take out more than one player, TG me first. If you injure them for more than the tournament, I will allow myself to shorten the injury for domestic purposes.
    - Allow me to do the same thing to you that you do to me.

A note regarding fights in the streets or stadia: Savojars are a proud people that highly values warriors and fighting as a sign of strength and pride. We do also feel a strong sense of justice towards our own kind. Attacking Savojars will be a quick way to be surrounded by a bunch of their friends, or even complete strangers who happen to be countrymen. Also, while they may be on the lookout for a fight, if you obviously decline it and walk away, nobody will actually attack you. Attacking an opponent who either declines, does not expect or conceded a fight is seen as the lowest of the low in Savojarna, and only done by spineless cowards.
A note regarding international incident or cooperative RP: I am very inclined to do cooperative RP and also gladly outside the hockey world, be that diplomacy, trade or war. However, I'd like to ask you to TG me with your proposed storyline. If you do not do this, or I declined the storyline for some reason, and you carry it out anyway, I will consider your RP useless propaganda and not accept it as Savojar canon. (Unless I actually like it, in which case I may also TG you and ask where you want to go with it, obviously)
Last edited by Savojarna on Fri May 26, 2017 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

New Danican
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Danican » Tue May 16, 2017 1:30 pm

New Danican Sports Network
Today the New Danican Ice Hockey Association announced the nation's WCoH XXXIII roster, and coaching staff. The team consists of some of the best players from New Danican, and are ready to take on the world.

Staff
Head Coach: Dan Johnson(38)
Assistant Coach: George Williams(42)
Team Doctor: Henry Thompson, M.D(28)
Trainer: Pablo Weston(25)

Coaching the team is Dan Johnson, head coach of the 6-time Dan Cup winning, Grand Danican Penguins, he is 258-120-75 in his 5 years coaching the team, he is known for his tacit of putting pressure on their opponents, while still defending well, an opposing coach, Herod Stevenson, coach of the Penguins rival, the Columbus Yellow Coats, said "One moment you are trying to blitz through the neutral zone, and then the puck handler is down, and a winger is beating your goalie with a wrist shot on the right of the net, it's almost impossible to stop." Hopefully coach Johnson will be able to use this same strategy against the rest of the world.

Roster

New Danican National Team
Pos Nr. Name Age Shoots
GK 30 Jonathon Turner-A 26 L
GK 35 Nick Gill 31 R
GK 70 Patrick Buchanan 20 R

FW: 1st LINE
LW 40 Terrell Manning 27 L
C 18 Arthur Armstrong-C 27 L
RW 14 Joshua Brewer 29 R
FW: 2nd LINE
LW 17 Sylvester McKinney-A 25 L
C 52 Andy Ball 24 R
RW 19 Eugene Perry 23 R
FW: 3rd LINE
LW 34 Jackie Lopez L
C 15 Kent Martin 23 L
RW 24 Jacob Kelly 31 R
FW: 4th LINE
LW 72 Casey Rios 19 L
C 33 Johnathan Washington 21 L
RW 41 Erik Walker 21 R
D: 1st Pair
D 99 Darrell Parker 26 L
D 98 Rufus Brown 26 R
D: 2nd Pair
D 13 Sheldon Parker 28 L
D 6 Calvin Ballard 32 R
D: 3rd Pair
D 27 Woodrow Godson 21 R
D 12 Julus Lindsey 26 R
RESERVES
D 11 Willy Hopkins 28 R
D 20 Orlando King 25 L
C 47 Dennis Jennings 18 L
RW 10 Ryan Banks 25 R
LW 25 Roosevelt Greene 29 L

Key: C-Captain
A-Alternate Captain
Special Teams
PP1:
C- Artur Armstrong
LW- Kent Martin
RW- Joshua Brewer
D- Darrell Parker
D- Rufus Brown
PP2:
C- Andy Ball
LW- Sylvester McKinney
RW- Eugene Perry
D- Sheldon Parker
D- Calvin Ballard
PK/PP 4 V. 3/ 4 V. 4
RW- Kent Martin
LW- Arthur Armstrong
D- Darrell Parker
D- Rufus Brown
PK: 4 V. 3
C- Andy Ball
D- Sheldon Parker
D- Calvin Ballard
This is a roster made up of all-stars, Dan Cup winners, and young prospects. The team will be captained by Arthur Armstrong, captain of the Grand Danican Penguins. He is a 3-time Dan Cup champion, 7-time MVP, and has lead the Danican Hockey League in Goals for the last 5 years. The starting goalie is Johnathon Turner, he has been in the DHL for 7 years, playing for the Penguins as well. He has a career record of 410-100-40, with a save percentage of .986. The rest of the team is quite impressive all but 5 have won a Dan Cup, and out of the 23 players 15 have been the MVP, and 20 of them have been in the top 5 of the league in goals, assists, or points. However, they aren't perfect combined the team received 125 PIM in the last season, and all of them have missed at least 15 games due to injuries at least once in their careers. Well, all of us here at the New Danican Sports Network wish out team the best of luck.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my Scorers: Y
Choose Scoring Events: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
RP Injuries to my Players: Y(If time missing TG for confirmation first)
Godmod Injuries to my Players: N
Godmod Other Events: Y
Last edited by New Danican on Tue May 16, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New Danican Embassy Program
NS nation isn't reprentative of my IRL views.
Don't use NS Stats.
Tech Levels: FT, Fantasy

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Socialist Alpine Republics » Tue May 16, 2017 2:01 pm

A new name for the capital city!

Ibrahimovicstadt, Black Forest - (NEIP) With the creation of the Union of Alpine Socialist Republics, it has been announced that a new capital city will be build under the alps mountain range, in the Republic of Black Forest. The temporary name was Underground City in English or Unterirdische Stadt in local language. With the recent election of Arijana Ibrahimovic, the name of the new capital city has been changed to Ibrahimovicstadt and and the change is permanently. The name can also be translated to Ibrahimovic City in English, Ibrahimovicgrad in Croatian and Ciudad Ibrahimovic in Spanish.

Ibrahimovicstadt will have 6 district. The Government district, the Commercial district, the sporting district, 2 residential districts, and another district called "complex B". A total of 10,000 house units are being build and the population should range from 20,000 to 40,000 inhabitants, which will make Ibrahimovicstadt the largest city in Black Forest. Most of the inhabitants will be officials working for the government with some merchants, storekeepers and their employees.

Government district

The government district will features the following buildings and places:

-The Green House: The green house will be the official residence and workplace of the chancellor of the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics, which is actually Ariyana Ibrahimovic. It will be located at 1600 Prusy Krolewskie Avenue.
-The Ellipse: A 30 acre indoor park in front of the Green House.
-The Ibrahimovic Monument: A tall obelisk in honor of Ariyana Ibrahimovic (though the city is under the Alps mountain range so it won't be much tall).
-The Mall: The mall is a long park and public place with buildings (mostly museums) on each side.
-The Capitol: Located at the east end of the Mall, the Capitol Building will be the home of the Alpine congress.
-The Cromartie Memorial: To honor the 29th president and 1st ever black president of the Southern Democratic States, Latavius Cromartie.
-The Prince Zygmunt VIII Memorial: To honor the last prince of Prusy Krolewskie who abdicated while in Valanora during the WCoH 32. He's actually retreating in the Republic of Southern Virgin Islands, which is a republic whitin the U.S.A.R.
-Headquarters of the Militia: Located north of the National Museum of Natural History. The Militia is the federal police.

Commercial District

The commerical district will be located just north of the government district and will feature many shops, boutiques, restaurants, some large stores such as South-Mart and some banks.

Sporting District

Located north of the Commercial District, the Sporting District will features a 10,000 seats Association Football stadium which its size will meet the international standards. 5 smaller association football parks, two hockey arenas, a baseball park, an american football and rugby park, a large aquatic complex and a gymnasium. Despite Ibrahimovicstadt is an undergroud city, all association football, american football and rugby, and baseball stadiums and parks will have natural grass. And lights, of course.

Residential districts

Ibrahimovicstadt will have 2 residential districts: West Residential District, located west of the commercial and sporting districts, and East Residential District, located east of the commercial and sporting districts. The total housing units will be 10,000 units for an estimated population between 20,000 and 40,000.

Complex B

The complex B, located south of the government district, will feature the Octogon and the headquarters of the Kontinental Geopolitics Bureau (KGB). The Octogon is the headquarters of the Alpine Union Department of Defense. The KGB has been created (officially) to study geopolitics whitin our region and all across the multiverse. Access to the Complex B is restricted and only the authorised staff can access it.

With the new name announcement, the government of the U.S.A.R. released the first pictures of what the undergroud city looks like:

The Ariyana Ibrahimovic Platz in Inbrahimovicstadt separating the government district and the commercial district.

A commercial street with restaurants and shops along the way.

A map of Ibrahimovicstadt
Ranks:
Hockey: 15th | American Football: 8th | Baseball: 10th | Association Football: 65th | Rugby Union: 23rd

Champions: World Bowl XXXII
Runner Up: WCoH 36
3rd Place:
4th Place: WJHC 12, Independents Cup 4, Handball World Cup 21

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue May 16, 2017 5:25 pm

The TDS Quick 'n' Easy Guide to the 33rd World Cup of Hockey

Let's ignore the last World Cup of Hockey shall we? Yes, it wasn't that bad but it was still a mild disappointment. Yes, we topped the group but I still have flashbacks to that damn tie with Tomikosan, or Komarov-Thomiya as it's now called. Still, apart from that, it was still going fairly swimmingly. We topped our group, won an easy series against Nephara, won a slightly harder series against Vilita and Turori and won a hard-fought series (and thus avenged our WCoH27 QF exit) against Novaya Zemlya, thanks to an overtime goal from Lucas Madgwick in game two. However, our final obstacle was, you've guessed it, Valanora. Ergh. We won the first game and lost all the rest, as usual. That's all you need to know. To be honest, I don't have the Calcuttas, it's just that you start to lose interest when you keep getting the same damn ending all the time; in fact, I bet that a few Vanorians feel the same way about us. Still, there's a good reason why they're the number one team in the world and why they deserve to be in the top three, so I can't say I hold any ill will towards them.

Instead, let's concentrate on our Winter Olympics success all the way over in Mount Pleasant in Electrum. Yes, we sent our B team and our women's team but they still did fairly well. Yes, they both lost one of their games, however they still made it through to the next round; the women's team coming behind the Teremaran Unified Team in Group A but the men's team topping Group E. Sadly, our women's team struggled a bit in the knockout stage, grabbing a 2-1 OT winner against Kelssek in the Round of 16 before falling 3-1 to eventual silver medallists The Redvale. However, our men's team manage to surprise everyone, despite consisting entirely of players and staff selected from the second tier. They beat Turori (of "Vilita and" fame) 2-1, they shut out Cosumar in a 2-0 victory and they pulled off a high-scoring (by the tournament's standards) 4-1 win over West Phoenicia to go through to the medal game, which they won with the lone goal coming from Liam Donovan, centre for the Renford Armageddon. Amazing.

So, now with that in mind, let's take a look at our group at the 33rd World Cup of Hockey. We're in the Sauvegeau Group, or Group C as I'll be calling it throughout this article. It's pretty much the group of death if you can't tell. We've got the obligatory "bottom teams" that doesn't really stand much of a chance, so we don't have to worry about them. However, we've then got three other decent teams that would really give us a run for our money. Maybe "Sauvegeau" is Anthoran for "You're doomed". Either way, let's have a quick look at who we'll be facing.

Diego Pinto, our new scratched
defenceman now that Neil Cuevas took
Mike Cruickshank's old spot. Best of luck
with the Icers, Mike. And good luck in
your first tournament, Diego.
Our first opponents would be the Valhallan Union, a team made up of the Polar Islandstates (who have been here for quite a while) and various other nations. This is the first time the Union's taking part in the competition (that I know of), so I'll be covering all the times the Polar Islandstates made it to the quarter-finals or further. They lost their final series to Cotdelapoms 2-1 in the 18th edition. They lost their 3PPO series to Gyatso-kai 2-0 in the 17th. And, in the 16th edition, they lost their QF game to Plutoni, who hosted it. As you can see, it's been quite a while since they've tasted success, seeing as appearances in the 15th (which isn't so bad as it was their debut), 19th, 20th, 21st, 24th, 25th and 26th editions saw them failing to make it out of their group. With a new combined team, could they recapture the essence of those three tournaments and make it into the Round of 16 for the first time in ages? Probably not, but they might pull off a couple of shockers so who knows.

After that we've got our good buddies Anthor. They're technically the hosts, although from what I'm reading all of the group stage will be played abroad, although the knockout games will be played in the country. Don't ask me why that is. Anyhoo, this will be our fourth meeting with these guys, believe it or not. Yes, I can't believe it either. Our first game against them was a 4-1 group stage win at the 31st World Cup of Hockey in Hannasea. Our second game was a 1-0 OT win in the Round of 16 of that very same tournament. And our last meeting was at the 32nd WCoH, where we beat them in a close 3-2 game. While I could imagine us beating them yet again, it's going to be close.

Then we move on to our first home game against Aquitayne. Yes, in Anthor they list the home team second. And no, ETV won't be doing the same, they'll be having is "home team vs away team". Either way, Aquitayne have been around for a while but haven't really done that well. The last time they made it out of the group stage was at the 25th edition, when they got swept by Quebec in the Round of 16. Not the first time as, back when they made their debut in the 21st edition, they got swept again but by Plutoni. Long story short: They very rarely make it out of the group stage but, when they do, they get swept. And I don't see them making it out of this one.

Next up would be Savojarna. Even though they made their debut in the last tourney, I'm still going to say they're probably going to be the toughest out of our opponents. After all, they've got some real star power in the form of their captain Pavel Rasnikov, Johan Bryzhnev, Mikko Simonen, Ville Stefansson, Jonas Gulbrandsson, and goalie Niklas Hoyman, as well as the brute that is Dmitry Vasilyev. Unfortunately, these star players didn't save them from a first round exit in Valanora, where they finished joint bottom with Dyclete (but still in fourth place due to a better GD) but there's nothing saying they'll bounce back from this and make it into the knockout stage in their second appearance.

And, to round things off, we've got the Main Nation Ministry, who'll be making their World Cup of Hockey debut here. They were also at the Winter Olympics, where their hockey teams finished at the bottom of their tables. Their men's team finished with no wins and only one goal scored in their four games (a 2-1 opening defeat to Kosovakia); the women's team on the other hand, fared a little better, finishing bottom without a win but they managed to pull of overtime loss to Qasden in their first game. Presumably, their leader (literally called The Leader), who's doubling as their scratched goalie, took the best of both teams and figured that they could finally pull off a win. They might do, although I don't see them getting a win against us.

Once we're done with that game against the MNM, we then play a home game against the Valhallan Union. Yes, this will be a double round robin tournament. I can't remember for the life of me when the last time this happened and I'm too lazy to check. Either way, this should make things a bit harder. Not impossible, especially seeing as there's a game every other day (which should give Coach Madgwick's boys enough time to travel from one place to the other and get enough training done), but we shouldn't really expect a sweep. Instead, be more pleasantly surprised if it happens. Also, the knockout stage is single elimination, which means there are no second chances; if we lose, we're out. Simple as.

So who do I think will win? We'll be at the top, of course, although I'm not sure if we'll be fortunate enough to pull off a clean sweep or if Savojarna, Anthor and Aquitayne will cause us a few problems. However, it's deciding who'll be joining us in the next round. The Savojar, Anthoran and Aquitaynean squads are all fairly good, as I've said, so I could imagine one of them coming second and the other being one of the best third-placed teams. But if I had to guess who would be going through? Elejamie, followed by Anthor. Savojarna would probably be one of the lucky third-placers.

So what about everyone else? Where will they all be going? World champs Valanora will be in the Clark Group (aka Group A), alongside recurrers Nova Anglicana, Qasden, the Free Republics, Gim and New Danican. Gregoryisgodistan and Esparmuran, two teams that have had a massive overhaul in the coaching department, are both in the Ecclestone Group (aka Group F), as well as Tobiasia, the Allamunnic States, Elgenstad and the unfortunately-named Allahakbarium. The real Group of Death is the Stacks Group (aka Group G), which is STACKED with powerhouses: Novaya Zemlya, Kaboomlandia, the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics (consisting of Prusy Krolewskie and neighbouring countries) and the return of Ontorisa, as well as Drawkland and Quakmybush at the end. And there's the Noble Group (aka Group D), where the Royal Kingdom of Quebec will be up against West Phoenicia (who finished fourth in the Winter Olympics, losing their semi-final to us and their bronze medal game to Kriegiersien, with the only goal being scored in OT), Mercedini, Cosneolta, The Kiaser Colonies and Komarov-Thomiya. There's also the McEachern Group and the Cookson Group (Groups B and E respectively), but this paragraph is long enough without me bringing them up.

Anything else I should mention? Yes. As we all know, Mike Cruickshank announced that the 32nd World Cup of Hockey would be his last international tournament. Indeed, he also mentioned that, once his contract with the Zoloroni City Icers expires, he'll be hanging up his skates and maybe go into coaching. Indeed, he stuck to that promise and, as a result, the EIHB had to find a spare third place defenceman. I'm not sure if I was on the money or they read that article and decided to roll with it, but Neil Cuevas has been bumped up to the main roster and Diego Pinto, who was part of our WJHC8 team that finished in fourth, was placed as a scratch. That being said, Pinto's actually a pretty good defenceman and I could see coach Madgwick sticking him on the ice at some point. It's just a matter of when.

I've nothing else to add now. I've already gone over a lot of things in some detail and I'm not sure what else I can add without repeating myself. So I'm going to stop talking, sit down in my favourite chair and watch some quality hockey. I recommend you all do the same.
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

The Valhallan Union
Attaché

Founded: Jun 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Valhallan Union » Tue May 16, 2017 5:42 pm

For the first time ever, introducing...
[KITS AND BADGE COMING SOON]
THE VULTURES
THE VALHALLAN UNION HOCKEY TEAM

Ice Hockey in the Valhallan Union, for all the climate may suggest a national obsession, still sits below well football in terms of popularity, and competes with rugby union and handball when it comes to bearing the 'honour' of being the nation's 'second sport'.

The Polar Islandstates side came second in the WCoH once upon a time, and although those glory days of Valhallan hockey seem a long time ago, changes are afoot to harness the energy the sport has seen injected into it since the incorporation of all the Valhallan leagues into one combined club hockey tournament. The VHL has lobbied the respective governments of the VU to have this combined team, and now we have a chance to see what happens when the people of Valhalla work together.

Valhallans are a warm bunch - every bit as warm as the land they inhabit is cold - and they are ruthlessly efficient and athletic almost naturally. They are pacifists by nature, and will rarely start fights. This doesn't mean they won't fight back, of course, and they will give more than as good as they get.

Hopes are high, but change will come gradually. Nobody is expecting instant results, but it would be nice to get an idea of how high this new team's ceiling can be. Polarian players dominate for the time being, but with the growing popularity of the game in Lesser Valhalla, that may not be the case for very much longer.

MANAGEMENT:
Head Coach - Stig Deister - (PIS) - 43
Assistant - Angelo Van Bergen - (SKB) - 53

LINE ONE:
LW - Jakob Eschenbach - (PIS) - 25 - Hounds of Juura
C - Brynolf Meng - (PIS) - 29 - Invermuir Eagles - CAPTAIN
RW - Silver Wissinger - (PIS) - 25 - Matahiko Dynamo

LINE TWO:
LW - Kalle Krapfl - (PIS) - 23 - Invermuir Eagles
C - Rickard Schwickerath - (PIS) - 25 - Hounds of Juura
RW - Clement Allinder - (PIS) - 30 - Aasiaat Cavalry

LINE THREE:
LW - Mads Winkelbakken - (PIS) - 20 - St Paul Whitecaps
C - Osten Heinert - (PIS) - 27 - Agheim Tornadoes
RW - Herreman Zoet - (SKB) - 20 - Eindhavn Scythes

LINE FOUR:
LW - Lasse Jepperson - (PIS) - 22 - Eaglescliffe Talons
C - Eirikur Distler - (PIS) - 19 - Jan Mayen Icebreakers
RW - Ronnie Nimtz - (TFI) - 25 - Hounds of Juura

PAIR ONE:
D - Juha Werneck - (PIS) - 30 - Invermuir Eagles
D - Arnold Thiede - (PIS) - 26 - Hounds of Juura

PAIR TWO:
D - Sigurbjörn Sigfinnursson - (BLK) - 20 - St Paul Whitecaps
D - Paulus Wissel - (PIS) - 30 - Invermuir Eagles

PAIR THREE:
D - Johannes Finneman - (PIS) - 19 - Matua Ice Wolves
D - Agnis Clemensen - (PIS) - 26 - Matahiko Dynamo

GOALKEEPERS:
G - Touko Herstein - (PIS) - 27 - Jan Mayen Icebreakers
G - Jonas Gremminger - (PIS) - 25 - Hounds of Juura
G - Ruben Weerts - (SKB) - 32 - Aasiaat Cavalry

BENCH:
C - Meik Hecht - (PIS) - 22 - Fjorhorgen Generals
LW - Auvo Dahlbeck - (PIS) - 27- Jan Mayen Icebreakers
RW - Ragnar Perez - (EKU) - 22 - Agheim Tornadoes
D - Kevin Hess - (SKB) - 20 - Sint Willem Wildmen
D - Nilas Kalmbach - (PIS) - 25 - Invermuir Eagles
G - Sebastian Holterman - (CSK) - 25 - St Paul Whitecaps

Home games in qualifying will be played at the deafeningly loud Central Hockey Stadium, in Franz Josef City. Which, now that we're competing as the VU, isn't all that central anymore. There are talks that a move to Juura or Islay is on the horizon, but this'll do for now. The badge needs replacing, but ignore that for now.

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose My Scorers: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes, aside from deaths.
Godmod Injuries to My Players: Yes, aside from deaths.
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes
STYLE MODIFIER: +2
The Precarious Co-operative of The Valhallan Union - Pop. 67,250,000
Seat: Marylebone, The Fallenmark Islands - Demonym: Valhallan - Trigramme: TVU
“Lands of Ice, Hearts of Fire”
Bleak Rock - Cairnskillen - East Kulmsaar - The Fallenmark Islands - Polar Islandstates - Sint Karbijn

Kaboomlandia
Negotiator

Founded: May 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaboomlandia » Tue May 16, 2017 6:02 pm

Tournament Preview: Kaboomlandia Phoenix

It could be fair to summarize that the Kaboomlandian national ice hockey team is sick of the status quo. In seven total playoff series over the past four tournaments, the team has been swept five times, including a one-game elimination against Ficiscia back in the 31st World Cup of Hockey. This team is clearly good enough to go far in the playoffs, but it comes down to if they can produce in the clutch.

Offense

The core of this offense is back and better than ever. The matured first line of Kennedy Linden, Bryson Martin, and Zack Murray perfectly combines speed and size on the top unit. Linden in particular is quickly making a case for himself as one of the best players in the world, full stop. The second line of Tyler Martin, Adrian Philips and Mikael Samsonov brings the speed. Samsonov impressed in the last World Cup of Hockey, almost leading the team in scoring from the fourth line. The only problem with this line is the lack of size with the retirement of Darryl Rutherford. The bottom six has been mostly rebuilt. A flaw in the last few tournaments was that there wasn't enough secondary scoring from the bottom six, so grinders such as Wade Blacken have been replaced with more offensive players like Mike Powers and Brandon McAllister.

Defense

The defense is in a transition period, as defensive rock Scott Herndon retired after the last World Cup of Hockey. The top pairing now consists of Patrick Clooney and Derek Strachan. The defense core, while capable, is one of the youngest in the world, with 32-year-old Kevin Bore the elder statesman of the seven men that the Phoenix will dress this tournament. In addition, the bottom six will need to be strong this tournament, as the third pair is newcomer Jonathan MacKinnon and WCoH 30 overtime hero Tyson Nash.

Goalie

Lyle Mace is a really good goaltender. Problem is, he hasn't consistently proven that he can be a #1 goalie for an entire tournament. Dylan Brady is still an elite goalie, but he's staying mum on how long he's going to play for. Despite the uncertainty surrounding the Phoenix goaltending, coach Blair Mitchell came out and stated in no uncertain terms that it's Mace's crease to lose.

Special Teams

With the loss of Herndon and Rutherford, the Kaboomlandian power play is likely to adopt a more European-style power play with more passing and quick puck movement rather than their previous North American style of utilizing power and point shots to get the puck through. The penalty kill is mostly unchanged, but enormous speedster Maxime Coderre is still always a threat for a shorthanded goal at the ripe old age of 34.

X-Factor

Patrick Clooney was given the captaincy after Rutherford's retirement, and he'll need to prove he can handle the room. He's one of the few people on the team who has been around since the beginning, and he'll have the responsibility on his shoulders. In addition, the goaltending needs to not be an issue. If Mace drops the ball, Brady can pick it up, but will the media coverage be an issue?

On the bright side, this team will have an extra shot of confidence going into the tournament, as they finally defeated Elejamie for the first time ever in a pre-tournament friendly series by a score of 6 to 4 on the road. The Icy Elephants took the other game 2-1.

Another X-Factor? The team is in the Group from Hell this tournament. They have to face returning threat Ontorisa as well as up-and-comers Drawkland and the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics, which is the successor to old rival Prusy Krolewskie.

Coaching

Despite the first-round sweep in the last tournament, head coach Blair Mitchell has the confidence of the KIHF and will look to make a deep playoff run.
Last edited by Kaboomlandia on Tue May 16, 2017 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In=character, Kaboomlandia is a World Assembly member and abides by its resolutions. If this nation isn't in the WA, it's for practical reasons.
Author of GA #371 and SC #208, #214, #226, #227, #230, #232
Co-Author of SC #204
"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result."
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

"Your legitimacy, Kaboom, has melted away in my eyes. I couldn't have believed that only a shadow of your once brilliant WA career remains."

Elgenstad
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Elgenstad » Tue May 16, 2017 6:13 pm

The Elgesken Nasjonal Ishockey Føderasjon presents...
The Elgenstad National Ice Hockey Team

Style Modifier: +4.5
Head Coach: Kirt Bjork
Home Arena: Byen Ispalass (22,500)

Forward Line 1
14 LW Heirleif Bjoerndalen (C)
23 C Per Fuglestad
88 RW Knute Hoeg

Forward Line 2
22 LW Pontus Rovlund
10 C Ragnar Ljoekelsoey (A)
27 RW Ansgar Larsen

Forward Line 3
20 LW Gustav Kildal
17 C Asbjorn Kristoffersen
46 RW Michael Oedegaard

Forward Line 4
55 LW Sven Omholt
89 C Torgeir Solskaer
60 RW Geir Nilsen

Defense Pair 1
5 LD Torstein Loevaas
6 RD Havard Malmros (A)

Defense Pair 2
38 LD Anders Nyberg
4 RD Liev Mykland

Defense Pair 3
82 LD Ulf Dahl
77 RD Sten Helland

Goalies
30 G Jan Thune
31 G Oivind Utksjoer

RP Permissions:
Do not kill my players. Have fun.
Population: 2 million||Capital: Byen
Achievements
Quarterfinals|Baptism of Fire 65
Hosted (as Elgenstad)
NSCAA Basketball (8)
Hosted (as Vaugania)
World Korfball Classic (2) World Indoor Soccer Championships (6) NSCAA Ice Hockey (1,2,3) NSCAA Basketball (6) World Baseball Classic (28) World Cup of Hockey (25)

Drawkland
Senator

Founded: Aug 27, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Ice Corps XXXIII

Postby Drawkland » Wed May 17, 2017 7:21 am

ICE CORPS - XXXIII
Drawkland's National Hockey Team

Nation: Drawkland
Region: Sonnel
Trigramme: DRK
Leader: Iarocav
Currency: Lolad
Capital City: Metropolon
Largest City: Drawk City

ROSTER

Role                     Name               Age
Head Coach Zechariah Lawson 77
Assistant Coach Armando Kinsley 65
Offensive Coordinator Sean Albero 54
Defensive Coordinator Devon Albero 54
Goalie Coordinator Yago Carver 60

##  P   Name              Age  
1st Line Offense
1 C Ty Tafani 24
4 LW Edmund Cokes 22
5 RW Paul Mathis 24

2nd Line Offense
7 C Davy Preston 35
10 LW James School 27
11 RW Jamison Ellison 21

3rd Line Offense
15 C Vidal Walton 24
17 LW Alex Loxall 33
25 RW Brandon Loxall 33

1st Line Defense
2 LD Brenden Nelli 24
3 RD Hayden Oliver 27

2nd Line Defense
8 LD Winston Ewell 25
9 RD Nicholas Aiello 24

3rd Line Defense
20 LD Zane Summerfield 26
22 RD Bertie Power 28

Goalkeepers
0 GK Royce Chancellor 20
00 GK Chaz Barnes 26
77 GK Hector Foster 26

Substitutes
33 C Benjamin Sandros 28
34 C Bennie Martel 24
36 W Felix Davison 21
42 W Aramis Antonis 22
44 W Kerr Payne 29
47 D Mercury Smith 21
49 D Martin Russell 25
51 D Neville Benson 34

STRATEGY
Style Mod: +3.5

The Ice Corps, Drawkland's newest national team, was formulated from some of Drawkland's best players in the national league - Drawkian Ice Hockey Organization (DIHO). This is by no means a comprehensive list of stars - many from the 16 teams decided that they would forego joining the team, out of laziness, dedication to whatever they do outside of the domestic league, or unwillingness to risk getting injured in games that don't matter as much to them. Despite this, there's still plenty of star power on the team.

Since this is an all-star arrangement of players, it would sense that the coaching staff (personally selected by the Drawkian International Sporting Council - DISC) would go with someone that most everyone in Drawkland knows: heavily offensive play. Drawkland is all about high-octane, non-stop, action-packed game-play, and this is reflected in the Ice Corps' play. Well, at least, we think it should be. They've yet to play an actual game on the international stage as a cohesive unit. Oh well, that's how the cookie crumbles. We'll see how they turn out.

Turns out I don't actually know that much about hockey. Just sort of wing it if you need to based on my roster. I know about power plays and penalty shootouts and all that, but I don't really know atll the strategy that goes into it. Plus, I'm rushing to get this roster finished this morning, so that's another thing. Just have fun, use any of the players you want based on the lines, and remember my permissions, outlined below. There's also the whole Drawkian physiology thing which you should keep in mind if it doesn't go against the RP precedent for your nation. You can handwave it away if you'd like.

RP PERMISSIONS
Choose my Scorers: Yes
Choose Scoring Events: Yes
Godmod Scoring Events: Yes
RP Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Injuries to my Players: Yes
Godmod Other Events: Yes

Just don't, like, kill anyone, or permanently maim them (unless you do the same thing to your players in the same RP).
United Dalaran wrote:Goddammit, comrade. I just knew that someday some wild, capitalist, imperialist interstellar empire will swallow our country.

CN on the RMB wrote:drawkland's leader has survived so many assassination attempts that I am fairly certain he is fidel castro in disguise
The INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE of DRAWKLAND

Savojarna
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Savojarna » Wed May 17, 2017 2:04 pm

World Cup of Hockey: Glory or shame?

Sjoedrhavn, VH - On the day before Savojarna will play their first ever WCoH match on home ice thanks to Anthor's idea of hosting only the KO stage matches in their country, the nation is getting ready for the weeks of crazyness that the World Cup usually is in our hockey-loving nation. Looking at our team, the outlooks are good: Not only does the team unveil its redesigned jersey tomorrow, but coach Fredrik Rundblad also has assembled an impressive team for the Savojars. It is largely the same as in WCoH 32, a conscious decision of Rundblad in order to improve team chemistry. The team has spent the last three weeks in a training camp in Savojarna, getting ready for this tournament. Looking at the squad, we see that there are few weaknesses in this very well rounded team. Niklas Hoyman has had a good season with CASK again, and he will likely be the starting goalie of Savojarna. Andrey Strakhov has shown his talent in the League again, and we can expect to see him quite a few times. Strakhov might even take the number one position in case Hoyman doesn't deliver, a setup that may well push the two to new heights. Ville Kerjanen is also no stranger to the international scene, he led the U20 to the octofinals at their home WJHC before he couldn't avert the 0-1 loss against later finalist Abanhfleft.

In defense, Rundblad decided to keep the combination of Kristiansen and Asgeirsson as the top pair. However, the combi that may shine even more is the "Russian Rampage", Slava Glukov and Dmitry Vasilyev. Glukov has proven to be a very efficient player on both blue lines, while many opposition players have made their acquaintance with the giant that is Dmitry Vasilyev. Standing at 207 cm and 138 kg of pure muscle, his checks are sure to make your world turn dark for a few seconds. He has not only a massive body, but also a brutal shot that has cost more than one tooth in the Savojar league. Less physically impressive but a constant menace in the attacking zone is Antti Toranen, who got paired with the young Petteri Juranen again. The Sumani duo has a great team play, with Juranen taking care of the backcheck while Toranen is essentially an additional playmaker from the blue line, a player with an excellent pass and hockey sense. On the fourth line, we have Nick Hendersen, another very tough D-man, and Alexey Yarchenko, an important leader figure of the squad.

The attack is where most of our star power comes in. It is being led by the "National Line", a reference to the acronym "SSR" (which can stand for Savojar Socialist Republic or the names of the players) as well as the origin of the three players from the three main ethnic groups. However, Ville Stefansson, Mikko Simonen and Pavel Rasnikov are a brilliant match in terms of hockey too. Simonen has topped the SHS in assists while Stefansson has managed to keep up in the extremely competitive NZEL, and captain Pavel Rasnikov's skills do not need further introduction to a Savojar audience. The second line is led by the young Johan Bryzhnev, a man that almost single-handedly led the U20 offense at WJHC. His experience in the NZEL has already made him into a leadership figure, and he works together very well with Hjalmarsson and Jaskinen. Many argue, however, that Savojarna's biggest strength is their third and, to a lesser extent, fourth line which show amazing depth, especially in terms of defensive work. The third features CASK captain Mikael Söderberg, Frans Djurberg and the team's aggressive leader Igor Yurkin, which are names that always show up relatively high on the SHS scoring list. The fourth is one of the most interesting lines of the tournament. It is made up of a 19 year old (Thorbjörn Ansgarsson) and two 21-year-olds which both play abroad (Jacob Andersson, Mercedini; and Jonas Gulbrandsson, Novaya Zemlya). This line shows an interesting combo of a grinding winger in Ansgarsson, a powerful and strong center who has also good defensive abilities in Andersson and a skilled and fast technician in Gulbrandsson.

Looking at the rest of our group in the order in which we play them, we see that we start the campaign at home against Aquitayne. This team has been always close, but notoriously unlucky in their previous campaigns. Aquitayne is ranked 20th in the world and a very tough opponent despite - or because of - the rather unlucky past they had. Their offensive style could potentially make things difficult for our team, but may be countered by Rundblad's usually strong defensive tactics. However, the question is whether the Savojar offense manages to get past Andre Badalamenti, who is reported to have an incredible 96.80% of saves. Unfortunately, we don't know in which period he achieved this feat.
With the unranked Valhallan Union another nation that we shouldn't underestimate follows. They may be unranked, but they are reported to be tied to the Polar Islandstates, who aren't someone that we should take lightly in any sports. Like most Rushmori nations, they have a tendency to be difficult opponents in any kind of athletic endeavour, and we doubt hockey will be much different, so don't take the Union lightly. Maybe Thor's hammer, rumoured to feature on our new uniforms, is of any use against them specifically?
Following this challenge are the debutants of the Main Nation Ministry. We don't have any info besides their roster, but they look like one of the rather shady corporate or dictatorial teams that pop up every now and then without doing much or leaving an impression. We will see if that holds true and advise our players not to get arrested while there. Well, we generally advise our players not to get arrested.
Fourth in line is the elephant in the room, the Icy Elephants from Elejamie. Elejamie is the world's number two and generally famous in Savojarna as "that one nation that gets beaten by Valanora in the finals", however we would like to point out that first of all, reaching the finals is a great achievement in itself and secondly, getting beaten by Valanora is something nobody needs to be ashamed of and finally, Elejamie has also beaten the Calcuttas before on the way to their own titles. Elejamie is one of the hockey giants, and we do not expect to be any kind of favourite in facing them despite the very nice words they have recently released about our team. They have proven in the past they are not invincible, among other things when they managed a heavily covered 1-3 home loss by the hands of a lesser-ranked Ficiscia prior to the international isolation of that country (in a friendly match, though, when the Ficiscians were on the height of their short career) and in a friendly against their eternal rivals of Kaboomlandia prior to this competition. We don't expect to come out of Elejamie with points, but we will always put our hope on an upset.
Last but not least, we get a taste of the "host" nation when we face Anthor. Normally I'd warn you to be wary of underestimating hosts, but in this tournament, we all are hosts in the group stage. Nevertheless, we think that the Anthor squad will be doubly motivated knowing about the possibility to play the World Cup's KO stages on home ice, and therefore we should be extra wary of them. On top of that, a steady climb brought Anthor to the 14th place in the rankings, something that is an indicator of this nation's capabilities.

Overall, I expect to lose points to Elejamie and to get six points out of the games against the Main Nation Ministry. Assuming we get some points out of Anthor and split points with Aquitayne and Valhallan Union, a relatively likely to slightly optimistic assessment, we will probably only get the third or even fourth rank in this group of death. Still, the official SIHF goal remains the qualification for the KO stage, so there is apparently still hope in the federation that we can pull it off. Of course, we have a talented team and strong opposition can only help us grow in the future. Tickets for tomorrow's game in the Sjoedrhavns Stadsstadion are not available anymore, however you can watch the game live on SJJT2 tomorrow at 19:30 SST (puck drop: 20:15). Alternatively, you can follow it here on the SavojarSports.sj live ticker or on Revolution Square in Sjoedrhavn, where a public big screen will be placed!
Last edited by Savojarna on Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby -Anthor- » Wed May 17, 2017 9:33 pm

[blocktext]Jewel Is a Diamond against the Red Patriots!
A stellar 4 goals from Jewel sets the Ducks over the Red Patriots to advance for the second straight time in the World Cup
SHARE THIS:
Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus (@Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus)(TH)
Uriel 21, 601AE 3:00 PM | Vaumort, Anthor

Ducks training at the National Ice Hockey Complex in SteelmoorTH photo

Vaumort, Anthor(Herald) — Anyone ready for some Ducks hockey, because I know I sure am!

The Anthoran Ducks, for our foreign readers that's the Kingdom's official national ice hockey team, will officially be heralding in the latest in ice hockey international competitions as they prepare for the 33rd World Cup, one that Anthor won the rights to host!

Now, instead of talking about the Ducks like I'd traditionally do, I'm going to talk about the controversey surrounding the Anthoran Ice Hockey Federation, it's President Léandre Valois, and his Commissioner for International Settings who has been the point man on the bid for the rights to host the World Cup of Hockey, and for the recent controversy, Nicholas Jones.

Now, nine months for you people on Gregorian calendars, Commissioner Jones, with President Valois's seal of approval, officially submitted a bid to host the 33rd edition of the World Cup of Hockey here in the Kingdom of Anthor, and it faced some serious field of competition, with the international ice hockey authoritative body receiving around four to five different hosting bids, and surprisingly Anthor's was the one that came out on top, a decision that was bet with heavy approval especially in our northern provinces where hockey is almost a way of life and less just a celebrated sport. However, just a few weeks after the announcement from the international body that Anthor's bid was selected as the winning one, Commissioner Jones announced that in a departure from tradition, the knockout group stages would be instead played at the home team's traditional home venue, versus in an Anthoran stadium; a very much football (sorry soccer for you Americans) approach. Needless to say, this was met with some serious backlash in northern cities, specifically Kirkwall which was announced as the host for the playoffs, which will come to Anthor and be played there.

Many users on social media are wondering what was even the point of putting a bid to host out there, if you didn't even plan on having the majority of the hockey being played in the "host" country. It also caught the various nations that are participating off guard, with many scratching their heads, or even shaking them in anger, over this decision. President Valois held a press conference a week later, attempting to try and cool some of the hotter heads and stated that the AIHF did not believe that the infastructure to support such an endeavor was in place, citing the age and poor conditions of the ice arena's in the south, and even those in the north have been lagging behind in updating; controversially, several social media stars have asked why the AIHF did not then invest in expanding the arena's by helping fund them with the teams, or why the Ministry of Sports was not involved in any way; the Minister's office said they were not aware of the bid even being placed until the winner was selected and announced to the multiverse.

Regardless of the controversy and whatever may come of it, Sauvageau Group, named after Eric Sauvageu the record-holder for career goals in the AIHF, is certain to prove to be exciting. Not only are we drawn once again with Elejamie, who the multiverse is looking hard to push to be our rivals, though it's hard to be a rival with a team you haven't been able to beat in four attempts, and we're also joined by Main Nation Ministry, Valhallan Union, Savojarna, and Aquitayne. Coach Horn allowed a short press conference, where he stated once questioned on how he felt about the group's teams and the ability of the Ducks to atleast qualify for the knockout rounds that he believed that the Ducks were ready to take on the Ice Elephants again, adding he hoped that the improved practice and chemistry he's seen during their last few months of training since AIHF's regular season ended will allow for improved results, pointing out that not all of the results have been lopsided. He also said his players are eager to play against the other members of their group, stating that not one of them appeared to be a "complete guaranteed win", and that every match his team was going to have to come prepared, and ready to do battle.

Gnaeus Tanicus Vopiscus contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • Sports Ministry tables pro baseball league talks after poor finish in the WBC again [ 348194 ]
  • MP Pemberton begins coalition formation works to introduce new industry regulations [ 65013 ]
  • FM to explore increased trade deals with Teutonia in the coming months, report [ 846183 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • Arnborn Traders post a record profits in Q2 results, add 4,500 jobs as well [ 54136 ]
  • Cox Industries, and eight other construction giants, announce near-completion of Q1 RITS goal [ 911546 ]
  • Health Minister Derek Cox to testify before Parliamentary committee next week [ 413587 ]
    Comments [ 411561 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

411561 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby -Anthor- » Wed May 17, 2017 9:34 pm

Official Cutoff

In 3....2....1....
Kingdom of Anthor

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby -Anthor- » Wed May 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Match Day 1 Results
RP Bonus: For the next Match Day, incorporate a religious figure or the faith itself into your roleplay

Clark Group
Valanora 1–0 New Danican
Nova Anglicana 0–2 Gim
Qasden 2–1 Free Republics

Clark Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Gim 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3 — — — — — —
2 Qasden 1 1 0 0 2 1 +1 3 — — — 2–1 — —
3 Valanora 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 — — — — 1–0 —
4 Free Republics 1 0 0 1 1 2 −1 0 — — — — — —
5 New Danican 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0 — — — — — —
6 Nova Anglicana 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0 0–2 — — — — —

McEachern Group
Cosumar 3–0 Desertfoxenland
Vilita and Turori 1–0 Kebec
United States of Devonta 0–1 Lorenthia

McEachern Group Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3 — — — — — 3–0
2 Lorenthia 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 — — — — — —
Vilita and Turori 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 — — — 1–0 — —
4 Kebec 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0 — — — — — —
United States of Devonta 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0 — 0–1 — — — —
6 Desertfoxenland 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0 — — — — — —

Sauvageau Group
Elejamie 6–0 Valhallan Union
Anthor 1–1 Main Nation Ministry
Aquitayne 1–0 Savojarna

Sauvageau Group                         Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Elejamie 1 1 0 0 6 0 +6 3 — — — — — 6–0
2 Aquitayne 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 — — — — 1–0 —
3 Anthor 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 — — — 1–1 — —
Main Nation Ministry 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 — — — — — —
5 Savojarna 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0 — — — — — —
6 Valhallan Union 1 0 0 1 0 6 −6 0 — — — — — —

Noble Group
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4–0 The Kiaser Colonies
Mercedini 3–0 West Phoenicia
Cosneolta 3–0 Komarov-Thomiya

Noble Group                             Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 0 0 4 0 +4 3 — — — — — 4–0
2 Cosneolta 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3 — — — 3–0 — —
Mercedini 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3 — — — — 3–0 —
4 Komarov-Thomiya 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0 — — — — — —
West Phoenicia 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0 — — — — — —
6 The Kiaser Colonies 1 0 0 1 0 4 −4 0 — — — — — —

Cookson Group
Abanhfleft 3–2 New Lusitania & Algarves
Nephara 1–0 Frenline Delpha
Neu Engollon 0–2 Natanians and Nosts

Cookson Group                           Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Natanians and Nosts 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3 — — — — — —
2 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 0 3 2 +1 3 — — — 3–2 — —
3 Nephara 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 — — — — 1–0 —
4 New Lusitania & Algarves 1 0 0 1 2 3 −1 0 — — — — — —
5 Frenline Delpha 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0 — — — — — —
6 Neu Engollon 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0 0–2 — — — — —

Eccelstone Group
Gregoryisgodistan 1–0 Allahakbarium
Esparmuran 6–1 Elgenstad
Tobiasia 1–1 Allumunnic States
Eccelstone Group                        Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Esparmuran 1 1 0 0 6 1 +5 3 — — — — — 6–1
2 Gregoryisgodistan 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3 — — — — 1–0 —
3 Allumunnic States 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 — — — — — —
Tobiasia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 — — 1–1 — — —
5 Allahakbarium 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0 — — — — — —
6 Elgenstad 1 0 0 1 1 6 −5 0 — — — — — —

Stacks Group
Novaya Zemlya 3–0 Quakmybush
Kaboomlandia 8–1 Drawkland
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 1–3 Ontorisa
 Stacks Group                            Pld    W   D   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts                                
1 Kaboomlandia 1 1 0 0 8 1 +7 3 — — — — — 8–1
2 Novaya Zemlya 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3 — — — — 3–0 —
3 Ontorisa 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3 — — — — — —
4 Union of Socialist Alpine Republics 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0 — — 1–3 — — —
5 Quakmybush 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0 — — — — — —
6 Drawkland 1 0 0 1 1 8 −7 0 — — — — — —
Kingdom of Anthor

New Danican
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Danican » Thu May 18, 2017 1:08 am

New Danican Soorts Network
[Anthor]The New Danican National Hockey Team played its first game of WCOH XXXIII against Valanora yesterday. The game was close and tightly fought but with 3:22 left in the 3rd, Valaorian center, Voronthal Falasumé, beat New Danican goalie Johnathon Turner on a warp around power play goal. New Danican would come close to tying with Captain Arthur Armstrong hitting the crossbar with 1 minute left, but ultimately, New Danican would lose 0-1. After the game we talked with Turner after the game,
Reporter:"Mr.Turner do you fell you should have had that goal?"
Turner: "I feel like maybe if I had reacted quicker I could have, but you know it is what it is and I just need to put it behind me and hope that God is on our side next time"
Reporter: "Thank you for your time"
Turner: "No problem"
Hopefully, New Danican will do better in its next game on Friday.

Final Stats
New Danican
PP: 0-0
PK: 1-3
Shots: 32
Hits: 10
PIM: 6
New Danican Embassy Program
NS nation isn't reprentative of my IRL views.
Don't use NS Stats.
Tech Levels: FT, Fantasy

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu May 18, 2017 7:40 am

SPORTS WORLD - ONTORISA
Mr. Johik: Take a Bow!
Fresh off of a career-high 76 point season with the Dejekus Oracles, Johik came into the game looking to translate his breakout season to the international stage.

Go back in time and tell 16-year old Qanas Johik, an undrafted RJJL centreman, that he would later help kick start Ontorisa's warpath on the international stage, and he would probably laugh at you.

Coming into the game, all eyes were mainly on the recently signed undrafted defenseman Mejer Doristram, who had been previously playing in the NHC. The spotlight, for once, wasn't on Ontorisa's centres. And it was apparently so as all four centres were flying during the game, finishing their checks, forcing turnovers and making key passes or generating chances in the offensive zone while being solid in their own zone.

Facing up against the Ontorisans in their first match in the Stacks Group, was the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics, a mentally sound team who had plenty of World Cup of Hockey experience. Many of the analysts looking at the game, were hoping for a tight, fast paced and somewhat chippy game.

The game started off on the wrong foot for Ontorisa. After countless minutes of back and forth play in both sides' ends, the Alpines were the first to strike. A quick give-and-go play between Zawistowski and Krzysztalowicz led to a low point where Anton Lundström redirected the puck past Sacikij, sending the score up 1-0. However, that would be the final goal Sacikij would surrender in the game as he played lights out from the 1st Period out.

The 2nd Period started off quite well. A set play off of an offensive zone face-off saw Mejer Doristram walk the blue line to send the puck down low to a waiting Qanas Johik. Faking a wrap around, Johik fed the puck back around the net with a great showing of talent and skill to a waiting Makasburg, who simply chipped the puck in to level the score at 1-1.

Ontorisa wasn't done there. Just minutes after Makasburg's goal, a two-line breakout pass sprung Heja Corispan for a breakaway, who couldn't get past the Alpine defender, and decided to hold the puck and swing around the net. Johik, on the other hand, was slowly creeping in to the short side of Grzegorz Grzegorczyk, patiently waiting for Corispan's inevitable shot. A swift, low shot by Corispan led to a save by Grzegorczyk,
who accidentally chipped the puck to the waiting Johik. Bouncing on his opportunity, Johik snapped the puck into the net sending Ontorisa up 2-1.

With Ontorisa up 2-1, it was only fitting that it would be the captain of the team to stab the dagger in the heart of the Alpine team. Only seconds into the 3rd Period, Tealmos Wedernas knocked the puck off of Niko Virtanen's stick and sprung himself for a clean breakaway, head faking before shooting underneath Grzegorczyk's glove putting the Falcons up 3-1.

"I just gotta thank everyone who showed up including the guy above." Johik said to media following the game. "It's truly been a great experience so far playing internationally."

Score Summary

1st Period
UAR Goal: Lundström, Anton (1) [Assisted By: Krzysztalowicz, Szymon (1); Zawistowski, Slawomir (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Deflected - 15:27
2nd Period
ONT Goal: Makasburg, Yoros (1) [Assisted By: Johik, Qanas (1); Doristram, Mejer (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Snap Shot Goal - 12:08
ONT Goal: Johik, Qanas (1) [Assisted By: Corispan, Heja (1); Salkug, Kepitri (1)] - Even Strength Goal - Snap Shot Goal - 16:37
3rd Period
ONT Goal: Wedernas, Tealmos (1) [Unassisted] - Even Strength Goal - Wrist Shot Goal - 1:26

Box Score
1st2nd3rdFinal
Ontorisa0213
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics1001

Ontorisa Shots: 35
Union of Socialist Alpine Republics Shots: 26

W - Torik Sacikij - 26 SA, 25 SV - SV% .961
L - Grzegorz Grzegorczyk - 35 SA, 32 SV - SV% .914

THREE STARS OF THE GAME - Presented by Velpoz Sports Equipment

1st Star: Qanas Johik (1 G, 1 A, 2 P, 2 +/-, 1 Hit, 0 PIM)
2nd Star: Anton Lundström (1 G, 0 A, 1 P, 0 +/-, 2 Hit, 2 PIM)
3rd Star: Torik Sacikij (26 SA, 25 SV, .961 SV%, 1.00 GAA)

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 am

Tobiasia 1–1 Allumunnic States
Tobiasia seize one point in draw

Tobiasia have taken one point in the Stackers group after a tense 1-1 match. The green wearing players of Tobiasia quickly fell victim to the powerful Alumunic attack, but after players began to section off key attackers, the Tobiasian defence was rock solid. The Tobiasian strike in the last few minutes of the third period by Ned Carlos meant the match ended in dissapointment for the Alumunic fans.

The Tobiasian stadium
The Silver Arch Arena
Capacity: 16,000
Home team: West Drarcop Rangers
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Cosumar roster for WCOH 33

Postby Cosumar » Thu May 18, 2017 11:12 am

Cosumar National Hockey Team - WCoH 33

NICKNAME: Ice Dragons
COACH: Casper Burres (54)
ASSISTANT COACH: Alan Foye (60)
ASISTANT COACH: Jaret Chery (40)
TEAM CAPTAIN:
VENUE: Jiro Bishop Megarink (cap. 45,000) in Samotath, Cosumar

Modifier: +2

Cosumar's uniforms, designed by Sabre Inc.
Goalies
24 - Nikki MESSER (Age 33, Female - 6"6, 215)
65 - Sur LURORA (Age 22, Male - 6"2, 204)

Defenders
06 - Ejegefe NA'JEGOFE (Age 21, Male - 6"3, 213)
24 - Dvala DE VARDEN (Age 30, Female - 5"11, 185)

19 - Okoloma NA'GOZI (Age 32, Male - 6"5, 234)
02 - Gökhan DOLMIODE (Age 26, Male - 6"0, 205)
63 - Nico STANG (Age 25, Male - 6"2, 214)
54 - Alexa GORZYCKI (Age 24, Female - 5"9, 160)

Forwards
29 - C - René SILVERII (Age 28, Male - 6"0, 192)
28 - C - Konan Kripkowski (Age 22, Male - 6"3, 235)
34 - C - Jane Spader (Age 31, Female - 5"11, 205)
29 - C - Dylann Fiefman (Age 20, Female - 6"0, 183)
47 - L - Silver WORILLOW (Age 28, Female - 6"1, 197)
25 - L - Hugh VARGSTENEN (Age 28, Male - 6"0, 185)
09 - L - Gia HARE (Age 29, Female - 5"9, 140)
38 - L - Janos KULOMAINEN (Age 26, Male - 5"11, 202)
56 - R - Mo LEWIKKI (Age 23, Male - 6"2, 195)
54 - R - Analiese FALKENBURG (Age 24, Female - 5"10, 165)
31 - R - Reid MUIR (Age 32, Male - 5"10, 185)
08 - R - Charmaine VIERTOLA (Age 18, Female - 5"8, 154)

Starters in blue. Subs used frequently throughout the game.
Below the starters, subs are listed in order of likelihood to play.

If my opponent RPs first, they may:
Choose my scorers: Y
Penalise my players: Y
Eject my players: Y
Injure my players: Y, but let me determine severity
Godmod scoring: Y
Godmod injuries: Y
Godmod other events: Y
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Union of Socialist Alpine Republics
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Socialist Alpine Republics » Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am

A lack of effort by the Union of Socialist Alpine Republics in WCoH 33 opener

A lack of effort by the Alpine Union led to a disappointing loss against Ontorisa in the game opener of the WCoH 33. In the first period, both teams had their chances. With 17:39 remaining, Rieaa Delsja skates with the puck, he's on a 2 on 1 with Vecam De-ker-Peork and he passes him the puck. De-ker-Peork shoots but Grzegorz Grzegorczyk made the save! At 9:28 remaining, Emilia Zyskowska skates with the puck, she skates into Ontorisa's zone, she passes the puck to Melania Zyskowska who doesn't shoot. She skates behind the net and skates again in front of the net, she shoots but Torik Sacikij blocks the shot. Czeslaw Niemczynowicz takes the loose puck and shoots but the puck hits the cross bar. Yeta Kolobos takes loose puck and Ontorisa starts attacking. With 4:33 remaining, Slawomir Zawistowski skates with the puck and gives it to Szymon Krzysztalowicz who passes back to Slawomir Zawistowski who shoots! Anton Lundström crashed the net and redirected Zawiswowski's shot right into the net, it's a goal and the Bisons are leading 1-0! The score remains the same until the end of the first period.

In the 2nd period, the Alpine Union made a couple of mental mistakes, the team probably underestimate their opponent. With 15:39 remaiming, Qas Vemisfort (Ontorisa) was penalised for hooking. The Reprezentacja Alpejski goes on a power play but couldn't score. With 7:52 remaining, Qanas Johik won the faceoff against Sebastian Krug. Mejer Doristram had the puck at the blueline and passes it to Qanas Johik who fakes a wrist shot and gives the puck to Frik Makasburg who chips it in an almost empty net. The score is tied at 1-1. With 3:23 remaining, after a two line pass from Kepitri Salkug, Heja Corispan is on a 1 on 1 breakaway and he couldn't go past Stanislaw Wojciechowski so shoots on Grzegorz Grzegorczyk who doesn't control the rebound. Qanas Johik crashed the net and was just waiting over there for Corispan's shot. Johik takes the loose puck and shoots it in the net and it's 2-1 Ontorisa. On the next shift, #71 Krzysztof Wdowiak, who looks really frustrated, is penalised for roughing and Ontorisa is on the power play. They shot 4 times on the net during the power play but couldn't score and the 2nd period ends with a score of 2-1 for Ontorisa.

The Alpine Union weren't ready to start off the 3rd period. Niko Virtanen had the puck, he gives it to Krzysztof Klepczynski who passes him back. Tealmos Wedernas on the forecheck steals him the puck and shoots. Grzegorz Grzegorczyk couldn't stop the wrist shot and it's a goal. 3-1 Ontorisa. Both teams attacked back and forth for the rest of the 3rd period but no one did score. With 12:29 remaining, Anton Lundström was penalized for cross checking and Ontorisa had a power play but they couldn't score. The final score was 3-1 Ontorisa.

The Alpines lost the game opener of the WCoH and are 4th in the standings ahead of Quakmybush and Drawkland only on goal difference (they all have no points). Grzegorz Grzegorczyk has allowed 3 goals on 35 shots with a gaa of 3,00. In the WCoH 32, Grzegorz Grzegorczyk allowed 3 goals in 4 game for a GAA of 0,75 and he allowed 5 goals in 4 games in the WCoH 31 for a GAA of 1,25. Coach Otto Klötzer was asked if Jenni Kekäläinen could start the next game against Drawkland but he didn't want to answer. We still think Grzegorz Grzegorczyk will be the starting goalie.

BOXSCORE

1ST PERIOD
4:33 Anton Lundström assisted by Szymon Krzysztalowicz and Slawomir Zawistowski.

2ND PERIOD
7:52 Yoros Makasburg assisted by Qanas Johik and Mejer Doristram
3:23 Qanas Johik assisted by Heja Corispan and Kepitri Salkug

3RD PERIOD
18:34 Tealmos Wedernas unassisted
Ranks:
Hockey: 15th | American Football: 8th | Baseball: 10th | Association Football: 65th | Rugby Union: 23rd

Champions: World Bowl XXXII
Runner Up: WCoH 36
3rd Place:
4th Place: WJHC 12, Independents Cup 4, Handball World Cup 21

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu May 18, 2017 12:27 pm

"... John Daverson now with Elejamie's opener at the 33rd World Cup of Hockey. John?"

That's right, Steve! Good morning, Elejamie! The Icy Elephants got their campaign off to a great start as they shut out the Valhallan Union 6-0. Elejamie, fresh from those international friendlies against Kaboomlandia, were not only the favourites but were also the visiting team at the Central Hockey Stadium in Franz Josef. And, thanks to a hat-trick from captain Anatoly Kasputin, the Icy Elephants are in high spirits at they prepare for their game against Anthor tomorrow. Here are the highlights:

The first period very nearly saw Elejamie go 1-0 up after thirty seconds when Touko Herstein saved this shot from Cerin Meloten. However, Meloten would win the resulting face-off and pass the puck to Anatoly Kasputin, who would then score off of the one-timer to give Elejamie the lead. However, their celebrations were short-lived when, two minutes into the match, Greg Warren received a minor penalty for high-sticking. Fortunately, his teammates were able to kill off the penalty. Their second goal of the game came three and a half minutes from the end when Lucas Madgwick intercepted a pass from Kalle Krapfl and passed it to line-mate Bill Harrison; although Harrison's shot bounced off the cross bar, Madgwick's slapshot went in to double the away side's lead. Although Juha Werneck was sent to the box shortly afterwards for interference, neither side was able to score and the period finished 2-0 to Elejamie.

The second period was a much closer but cleaner affair, with neither side taking a penalty. This wrist shot from Cerin Meloten was easily saved by Herstein. A potential first from James Han went over the cross bar. A second goal from Anatoly Kasputin had to be disallowed when it was revealed that the net had been moved. Eventually, Ethan Swinburne managed to score the only goal of the period; six minutes from time, he received the puck from Neil Cuevas on the breakaway and deked it past Herstein to make it 3-0 to the Icy Elephants. However, it was here that the Valhallan Union would make their best shot on goal; in the dying seconds, captain Brynolf Meng's wrist shot bounced off of Antonio Cervantes' skate, although Cervantes was able to get a glove to it and force a face-off. Shortly afterwards, the period ended and Elejamie were enjoying a 3-0 lead.

The third period, however, was more action. Anatoly Kasputin scored his second of the night just over a minute in when his snap shot, assisted by Lupe and Francisco Solano, just made it over Touko Herstein's stick and into the back of the net, bringing the score to 4-0. That proved to be the last straw for the Valhallan Union, as coach Stig Deister pulled Herstein from the ice and replaced him with Jonas Gremminger. On the surface, it appeared that Gremminger did a better job, saving a flurry of shots from Kasputin, Meloten, Madgwick and Bill Harrison. Even when Jakob Eschenback had to be taken off for two minutes after slashing Adam Keane, Gremminger still kept a level head between the pipes. However, he would go on to slip up when Cerin Meloten finally scored, with a wrist shot through the five hole and assistance from Kasputin and George Lincoln. With a minute left to go, Gremminger was pulled and replaced by an extra attacker in an attempt to save face. It appeared to be all for naught as, with just over forty-five seconds left on the clock, Anatoly Kasputin completed his hat-trick thanks to an unassisted slapshot from the point. Eventually, the period came to an end and Elejamie had finished their opening game as the 6-0 victors.

In a post-match interview, head coach Michael Madgwick said "A brilliant game out there from everyone. Toni did a very good job in the net, to the point where I thought that there were two of him! An excellent hat-trick from Anatoly, as well as a good goal each from Cerin, Lucas and Ethan. Overall, we did a very good job and I hope we can keep this up for our next game."

"Do you think you'll win that?"

"It's entirely possible. Anthor may be one of the better teams in our group but I don't think they'll be that much of a threat. They've got some star firepower and some good defence, which would really put us on the edge and make things close. And there's no arguing that they're our biggest rivals in the group. But will they beat us? Probably not. A draw? Unlikely but I won't rule it out. Still, we've got a couple of days left, we'll wait to see what happens."

Elsewhere in the group, tournament hosts Anthor could only manage a 1-1 draw against the Main Nation Minstry, whereas Savojarna went down 1-0 to Aquitayne. As we look at the Sauvegeau Group table, we can see that Elejamie and Aquitayne sit comfortably in the top two spots, although Elejamie are ahead thanks to their massive victory yesterday. Anthor and the Main Nation Ministry are joint third as a result of their draw. Savojarna sit in fifth place whereas the Valhallan Union are dead last. Tomorrow, Savojarna are hoping they can bounce back from that opening defeat as they take on the Valhallan Union, the Main Nation Ministry will see if they can finally get their first win as they take on Aquitayne but, most importantly, we have the Clash of the SG Titans as Elejamie take on Anthor. Will the Ducks finally get their first point against the Icy Elephants. Or will Coach Madgwick's men make it four wins out of four? Find out tomorrow on Puck Drop!

Meanwhile, over in the Stacks Group, Kaboomlandia thrashed Drawkland 8-1. The Phoenix, who were the visiting team, were in high spirits after beating Elejamie for the first time, winning 6-4 in an international pre-tournament friendly. As a result, they were hoping to keep that momentum going into their first game of the tournament...

Period			P1	P2	P3	FS
Valhallan Union 0 0 0 0
Elejamie 2 1 3 6
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Main Nation Ministry
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Main Nation Ministry » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Ministry of Sports News

Training Preview

Camera focuses inside military training area, where interviewer with microphone is present
Interviewer: We're live at Main Nation Ministry, where we have access to the training area for the recent hockey team. Training has been said to be going the usual route. We shall take a look at training, as we speak.
Camera shows the interior of the building. A mock ice rink has been made, featuring bleachers and real ice to skate. Some players are shown skating and practicing with hockey pucks and sticks.
Interviewer: As you see, training is in the usual routine. May we have one of the players interview us?
The Interviewer calls out towards one of the players, who skates up to the interviewer. Upon closer inspection of the hockey uniform, it looks more like something you see as riot gear including kelvar vest with colors of red, white and black.
Ray Winkleton: Ray Winkleton here! Famous sport player in the Ministry!
Interviewer: Ah! Ray Winkleton! So this month, you be doing hockey?
Ray Winkleton: Of course, we planning on getting a good score. Currently we are in a tie with what I believe is the host country of the current WCOH. Some more of current training should help.
Interviewer: What types of ways do you recommend players should train?
Ray Winkleton: Well, the Leader said that using live convicts as training dummies is an effective tool. We get a daily shipment from the local prisons. Regular test dummies are too unrealistic. With live ones, you get to strategic more.
Interviewer: Also, where is the Leader?
Ray Winkleton He is to be a goalkeeper. The nerds from Ministry of Science put him in an uniform stronger than ours. Throw him against and he wouldn't have a scratch.
A convict wearing a standard prisoner uniform goes flying into the acrylic sheet inside of the rink, where the players have started using the convicts.
Ray Winkleton: Gotta go! Surely, training will help!
Interviewer: Thanks, Ray! Now back to you, Tom!
Local 22 year old Diet Coke Addict College Student Ruins Everything

Quote of the Week: "A NEW STORY ON WRITING THREAD FOR HALLOWEEN!! MYSTERY MINE AVAILABLE NOW!"

RPs I do
- How do you do fellow kids? You want to see something violent? - Artemis: Deimos Trafficking League (Horror/Mature)
- Descend into the forgotten tourist traps of Florida on this transgressive RP! - The Community (Mature/Black Comedy/Slice-of-Life)

My overall account that I use for P2TM and even for international roleplaying! MNM is a mysterious and extremely dangerous dictatorship filled with supernatural oddities, demons, militarized soldiers everywhere, and a misanthropic nihilistic dictator who doesn't give a damn. It's basically if the SCP Foundation got mixed with 1984.

Nephara
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Nephara » Fri May 19, 2017 3:32 am

Sandro Ventura hadn't had it great these past few years.
It had been fine, at first. A second-generation immigrant to Nephara from Sameba, he'd grown up in inner-western Brinemouth, and despite his name sticking out like a sore thumb in a sea of Stubbses and Monroes, he was, well, Nepharim. To all intents and purposes. His birthplace, his accent, his only passport. His two ex-girlfriends. Everything!
And it had all fallen apart because Nephara stuck its fucking nose where it wasn't wanted - in the war to the north.
Okay, so newspapers around the country were about to speculate about the other factors - he'd just lost his car and house to a gambling addiction - but really, it was about Nephara. He was just a victim of that - as were his true people, up north.
People had started looking at him differently. Now he wasn't just the far more Nepharim 'Sander' - now he was Sandro the Sammy, people started hanging around him less,
He'd grown disgusted with his country, and his parents were too... well, dead, to remind their son what they'd fled from in the first place.
Here he was now, fitting in with the crowd. He wanted to just press through them now, but it wasn't time. It wasn't time.
The guy he'd met over Facebook - the guy who understood, you know? The guy said he'd text at the right time.
He wasn't sure who this politician even really was - just knew she was a National, and that was all that mattered. And this vapid speech about, what, school funding? Bitch.
Ahhh.
That was it.
His phone buzzed in his left pocket, and so Sandro Ventura reached for his right.

Gwen Hingert was an unremarkable Nationals MP. Forty-eight years old, she had a husband, but no children - it hadn't really been a priority with the upwardly-mobile life she treasured. She'd joined the Nationals back when they were still the Traditionalists, inspired by Rook Barker's calls for Nephara to modernise and stand up to be counted in the world. She'd risen slightly quickly up the ranks, held a moderately safe seat in inner Brinemouth and was mildly hawkish compared to the party line.
This, in a way, was about to make her career. Shame that it was going to come at the cost of her life.

Four shots. The first missed entirely. The second took her through the shoulder, the third - the fatal one - the lungs, and the fourth struck the podium.
The rest were crowded out, by arms and bodies and people trying to be heroes. All too late for Gwen Hingert.

The shots echoed across the country. Phones in pockets buzzed, and things exploded. A cafe in Crisisbless. A shooting in a pub in Sabrefell. A bomb scare - mercifully, defused - in a school in downtown Treason. It didn't stop there, and wouldn't for some time, and a country just about had time to ask itself 'why?' before the next attack.
The dust settled on the next morning, and the Fourth Estate got to work.

When Margravine Alexa Mitroglou got the news - whispered in her ear during Accord talks - she nodded, took a deep breath and cleared her throat.
"Alright, alright - I'll sign on as it stands. Right now, I need to return to my people."

THE BRINEMOUTH HERALD
NEPHARA RATIFIES OREAN ACCORDS IN FULL FOLLOWING TERRORIST ASSAULT
Catheline Aspenwood

In the immediate aftermath of the rash of terrorist attacks that has hit Nephara, Margravine Alexa Mitroglou has officially ratified the Orean Accords before beating a swift return back to her country. If given the blessing of the CRC's founders, Nephara may have found its way into an entrenched position in regional politics.

Following yesterday's events, which marked the first time that the Terranean War has shed blood on the Nepharim mainland, a bill to accept the terms of the Accords in full was rushed through Parliament with bipartisan support. Plans to figure out the logistics of electing representatives to the Rushmori Parliament will likely be sidelined for now as the government works on an immediate response to the attacks.

The vote was a formality when all was said and done, and the prevailing mood among the Nepharim public is favourable, and was indeed optimistic in polls three days ago. 72% believed that membership in the Common Rushmori Community would be beneficial to Nephara overall, 87% stating specifically that it would strengthen security.

The softening of borders is considered a boon by most with the planned city of Corvistone badly in need of population, skilled workers especially. The one point of controversy may be the potential adoption of a currency union, though it is unlikely to be a deal-breaker.

The vote was conspicuous for the absence of two Nationals MPs - Gwen Hingert and Rickard Marshall - who were slain in the attacks. The death toll from the attacks is estimated to be in the triple digits by this stage, and mirrors a similar series of attacks made on Eura immediately before the full invasion commenced.

Military experts have been quick to reassure the Nepharim people that a land invasion is infeasible, though naval forces from Nephara and Sameba are presently clashing on the Brine, near Coret. Even so, Mitroglou will need to bring the best of her rhetorical might to bear if she is to rally a scattered, chastened nation in a dark hour.
WCC Grand Slam champion.
Accidental Gridiron Championship Silver Belt holders for six cycles??

Masculine, Feminine and Mixed-Sex Name Generators

Savojarna
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Savojarna » Fri May 19, 2017 7:29 am

Savojarna gets shut out in WCoH 33 Opener

Sjoedrhavn, VH - A dramatic match couldn't save Savojarna from falling victim to the Aquitaynian defense, especially their goaltender Andre Badalamenti. Badalamenti had been going into the tournament with a very strong statistic, but the Savojars showed no respect of Aquitayne and followed their game plan right from the beginning. Attempting to score by fast and skillful counters against Aquitayne's offensive setup was the way to go, Rundblad had decided, and in the first period it was obvious that he was right. Having survived a furioso of the visiting team in the opening minutes, Savojarna almost took the early lead it wanted after four minutes. Yarchenko took the puck off Aquitayne's Fredrick Alfredson and sent it down the right wing, where Gulbrandsson could deke around Hegg and shot a wrister high to the stickside, but hit only the crossbar. Energised by this success, the Savojars kept pushing but failed to score in a period where they had multiple good chances on the counter. Many fans already got uncomfortable flashbacks to the last edition of the World Cup, where we lost to Nephara and the RK of Quebec in fairly similar fashion.

Their fears seemed grounded in at least a strong possibility as Aquitayne became more pressing and Badalamenti made some more highlight saves. Savojarna was unlucky to lose Igor Yurkin in the second period, when the forward was harrassed in front of the goal and reacted to a cross-check of Cannard by slashing the defender on the shin. The referee, having only seen Yurkin's retaliation, decided to penalise him not only with a minor, but with a double-minor that enraged Yurkin further. Ultimately his reluctance to accept the penalty lead to a 10-minute misconduct penalty on top of it, meaning that we would lose one of our relatively rare physical forwards for almost a period. Over the course of the four minutes of powerplay Aquitayne got, the PK units got obviously tired and eventually, this was exploited by the visitors to take the lead. With 38 seconds left on the penalty, Matthew Thakkar deflected a point shot and beat a chanceless Hoyman below the glove. Niklas Hoyman was absolutely chanceless to stop the shot as Thakkar was largely unchallenged; Dmitry Glukov lacked the energy to push the tall and heavy center away from the net after he had played a boxplay shift of almost a minute. Asked to reflect on the goal, Hoyman stated that "those goals can happen in the powerplay - if someone deflects there, all you can do is to pray. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you aren't; and today they were".

In the remaining time, Savojarna pushed forward with all its might and got several noteworthy chances to turn around this match. There was some bad luck involved when five minutes into the third period, Tuomas Jaskinen had pushed a shot by Vasilyev across the line, but the goal did eventually not count. After a coaches' challenge of the Aquitayne side, the referees disallowed the goal because they decided that before the goal, Jaskinen had irregularly pushed aside the pad of Badalamenti and interfered with his ability to stop the puck. However, it was mostly Badalamenti himself that made the challenge so high for Savojarna. He had stopped shots from every possible position, be it a one-timer of Bryzhnev whose sharp shots have let many NZEL goalies chanceless in the last season, a slapshot by Vasilyev on the powerplay or the breakaway of captain Pavel Rasnikov seven minutes before the end. It was a brilliant match by the Aquitayne goalie who stopped no less than 31 attempts on his goal. Meanwhile, Hoyman's feat was potentially even more impressive by stopping 35 shots, but the one he let through makes this all futile talk of the loser.

In the post-game analysis, Rundblad pointed out that the team, despite being unable to score, had improved its offensive capabilities greatly. In past years, or even in preparation, it was a common problem for Savojarna to completely lose in the shot column, a problem that is largely eliminated. While Aquitayne still got more shots on goal, the 36-31 statistic is in the realm of what you could expect in the confrontation of a very offensive team like them and a defensive counter-attacking squad like ours. However, Rundblad also criticised his side for being too lax on the defensive. As he said, it is not enough to keep the opponent out of the deep slot and let them fire onto the goal, as the goal had proven - if somebody sneaks into the front of the goal, there is almost no time to react. He said that improvements need to be done by everyone to keep the opponent from shooting and to create more pressure for the puck-carrier, something the Savojars tended to neglect.

Our next opponent is the Valhallan Union, a team that we have considered quite a dangerous opponent thanks to the glory of the Polar Islandstates, one of the nations making up this union (as far as we understood). Their opener, however, suggests otherwise. The Valhallans suffered a quite crushing 1-6 defeat on the hands of Elejamie. While their first game was not entirely representative thanks to the team falling apart in the final period a bit, having watched their match makes us optimistic for this campaign. The match is going to be played tomorrow in Sjoedrhavn, puck drop is scheduled for 16:15. Like yesterday's match, it will be broadcast live from 15:30 onwards on SJT1 or on the big screen on Revolution Square.

Savojarna 0-1 Aquitayne (0-0, 0-1, 0-0)

VENUE: Sjoedrhavns Stadsstadion, Sjoedrhavn (SVJ) - 26'400 visitors (sold out)
GOALS: 34' Thakkar 0-1 (Olsen, Hall/Penalty Yurkin).
SHOTS: Savojarna 31 - 36 Aquitayne
PENALTIES: 5 x 2' + 1 x 10' (Yurkin) Savojarna; 4 x 2' Aquitayne

BEST PLAYERS: Savojarna #6 Dmitry Vasilyev (0 G, 0 A, TOI 19:23, 3 SOG) - Aquitayne #10 Andre Badalamenti (0 GA, 31 svs, 100%)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports