NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial War Academy |Year 2|[FT/Fan-T][OPEN][IC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat May 06, 2017 2:04 am

Anastasia
I am just standing there, making small talk with Maria and my master, mostly over the latest gossip back home. Suddenly a large explosion happens and the building starts shaking and I grab my master as the building starts to collapse, Maria does too and we do our best to shield him. I feel something hit the back of my head and my consciousness fade. My master is safe though, that is what matters.

It is the third year of the reign of my master, Rache, Second Emperor of the Unified Empire. After the death of the old Second Emperor, his father, in battle Rache had ascended to the throne and with that I also came to be in charge of the Olderen Serventi Corps. His reign has proven to be popular and the people seem to love their young Emperor. Despite the change in status mother’s training continued and I have to cover up my wounds this time. I take off the top of my uniform, sit in front of a mirror, and I bring a rag soaked with medicine up to my bleeding wounds. I suppose I should be grateful the wounds aren’t too deep, my clothes took the most damage. I look over at the uniform I took off, I will probably have to burn it so the others don’t find it.

“Anastasia what happened to you?” A surprised voice asks from behind, I turn and see Adina standing in the door way, some towels dropped on the floor.

“Your Imperial Majesty, what are you doing here?” I ask, surprised at the visit.

“I had come to ask if you would join me in the bath. What happened to you?”

I don’t process her question and instead cover my chest with my arm. “Apologies for the state I am in, I will get dressed immediately.” I first reach for my blood spattered and slashed uniform but think twice and open a drawer to grab a fresh one but what I had reached for first does not escape Adina’s eyes.

“What happened here?”

“Your Imperial Majesty…”

“I order you to answer the question Anastasia.” Adina tells me, doing something she rarely does, use the word ‘order’.

“They are the result of training with my mother. To simulate an attack against an opponent with a knife she came at me with one.” I answer automatically, my jaw moving without my consent. The words escaping my lips without my consent.

“That does not explain the injuries.”

“After mother kicked my feet out from under me when I failed to disarm her she began stabbing me in the back with the knife. She made sure not to hit anywhere vital so after some of House Gadeon’s medicine I should be fine. It hurts a lot though.”

“Anastasia, I order you to tell me everything about this and your mother’s training.”

My body complies but I neglect to mention the results of the DNA test, it is best that she does not know about the results. It is for the best that she does not find out I am actually her sister. In this I see mother’s words about the Serventi keeping information their masters do not need to know from them. The ways around orders that we discover to carry out our duties to our masters. As I speak Adina’s face grows darker. “I see.” The Crown Princess says in deep thought. “I will message you later. Tend to your injuries.”

“Yes mistress.” Later that night I get a message from Adina, one sentence was all it said. Come to the Chamber of Stars tonight.

I arrive at the chamber, it is a very ornate chamber with most of the ceiling being glass to observe the stars. The only lighting permitted in this room is that of the stars. The walls carry tapestries explaining the history of House Olderen and there is a large set of stairs leading up to a throne. It is a dark and quiet room but it conveys a sense of peace and purpose. This room is only used for certain ceremonial occasions but most people come here to bask in its serenity. The Crown Princess directs me to hide in the corner so I hide behind one of the tapestries and Adina takes up position at the top of the stairs. Soon I see why she asked me to hide as my mother walks into the room.

Even though I have seen the state mother is in frequently I still have to wince at seeing my mother’s appearance, namely the eyepatch covering her right eye which she lost leading a counter-boarding action during the Battle of Talita. She declined a cybernetic one stating that the loss of her eye was punishment for failing her own master. I fact I realize that she has declined all forms of medical treatment since the former Second Emperor fell in battle and her uniform, that she had once perfectly maintained, is increasingly looking threadbare. Yet her words drive these thoughts from my mind.

“Your Imperial Majesty, you summoned me?” Mother asks with a bow to her.

“Yes,” She starts, her voice tense. “It is my understanding that you have been frequently training with Anastasia.”

“Indeed. She still has much to learn and I hope she will become a Serventi worthy of you and the Emperor.”

“I must register a complaint with your training regimen. It is morally wrong and hateful.”

“And what have I done that you have taken offense to?”

“Beatings, stabbings, actions and deeds that one can only call abuse or even torture.”

“And whatever makes you say that?” Mother’s tone has several shades of innocence that I can tell is fake and Adina doesn’t fall for it either.”

“I saw the injuries from today’s ‘session’ on her back when I entered her quarters,” She tells her, the tenseness and severity never leaving her voice.

“I see. She has failed again at being a Serventi if her master needs to go to her quarters. I will correct such a slight soon, I assure you.”

“You will do nothing of the sort. I forbid it since I have seen the results of your methods. They are wrong.”

“With all due respect, Your Imperial Majesty, I suggest you stay out of our methods. This is how a Serventi is molded into the perfect servant. I would never disappoint your father by giving you a failed one. This is how things are done in our caste.”

“I will do nothing of the sort until you agree to cease this ‘training’ you have been giving her.” Adina’s body is clearly frail and weak yet the fact that she can stand up to a trained killer like my mother without blinking, without even the slightest of wavers in her voice, testifies to her strength and I have to admire her.

“You have no authority in that regard dear. Only the Emperor does.”

The minutes tick by as Adina stares her down. “You will not cease your training of her in this manner correct?”

“Correct.”

“Even on order of the Emperor?”

“The Emperor’s order would bind me yes but if you went to him I would simply invent new methods to properly teach her. The traditional methods could use some updating.”

“I see. Then…” Her voice takes a dark turn. “Then as First Princess of House Olderen and younger sister of the Second Emperor I hereby sentence you to death.” Before mother can react to her words a gunshot rings out.

Despite the surprise mother easily dodges the shot and both of us can see that Adina had a pistol hidden in the folds of her robes. “You should not play with firearms dear. They are not toys.” Mother tells her sweetly. Mother runs at Adina but I charge out of the tapestry, tackling her to the ground. Mother gives a faint smile and punches me in the stomach, getting back on her feet. “One.”

“Keep her distracted so I can get a shot Anastasia!” Adina yells at me, taking aim with the pistol.

I throw a punch but Mother dodges my fist and grabs it with her right hand “Two.” I shake her hand off and jump back, giving Adina space to shoot and I grab one of the poles used to hold up the tapestries and charge her with it. Mother grabs it and pulls it out of my grip and hits me on the chin with it knocking me flat. “Three. Four.” Mother then starts to approach Adina but I get up and run at her wrapping my arms around her waist. She rams the rod into my foot causing me to jump back in pain “Five”. I pull out a knife but Mother disarms me with the pole. “Six” Our dance goes on but Mother grabs me with a knife braced against my throat, using me as a human shield to protect her from Adina. “Seven.” She whispers.

The door to the room is kicked open and Serventi swarm the room weapons drawn, followed shortly by none other than my master, the Emperor, in his full regalia that he tends to wear when possible.

The Emperor demands an explanation and, after a lot of finger pointing, yelling, and explanations, the full story is laid out. “I see.” Rache says, clearly furious. He turns to his sister who moved to his side during the discussion. “Adina you are not to do something like this again. Do I make myself clear? I said do I make myself clear?!” He yells at her.

“Yes brother.” Adina whispers, cowed by Rache’s anger that he has never shown to her.

“Good. And you.” He turns to mother. “You are no longer permitted to train Anastasia under any circumstances. I, in fact, order you not to do so. Am I clear?”

“Yes, Your Imperial and Blessed Majesty.” Mother tells him with a bow.

“Good. My father’s Serventi or not if I catch you doing this kind of training again I will execute you. I should do so for even raising your hand against Adina but I understand she went after you with a gun so I will show leniency.”

“I thank you for your mercy, Your Imperial and Blessed Majesty.” Mother answers with another bow.

“Everyone, aside from Anastasia, dismissed. I wish to speak to her in private. Also, someone get a seamstress to fix the hole in Adina’s robes.”

“Yes, Your Imperial and Blessed Majesty.” They all say and file out.

As soon as the door closes he turns to me and to my shock he starts yelling at me. “How the hell did Adina get her hands on a firearm?!”

“She must have asked another Serventi to provide her with it.” I answer quickly.

“I see. Do I need to order every Serventi to not provide her with one? She needs to not do this again. Adina is too pure for this so if we fail to protect that purity what can we protect in this war? The Empire? We have shed so much blood we can’t remain pure. The Empire is not pure but I must protect it as Emperor. But as a brother I want to keep my sister pure, I want to keep something untainted. Do you understand? I could not protect Rain from the horrors of this war but I will do all I can to protect Adina. She must not experience war and violence, you have seen what it has done to Rain, done to me.”

“Yes. I promise you I will do all I can to help keep Adina pure.”

“Good. It is a shared promise then, the one we must keep if House Olderen is to maintain their honor.” He walks up to the stairs and sits down on them, the image of an Emperor in full regalia, with his elegant robes and crown, sitting on the stairs casually with the stars shining down upon him from the glass ceiling is an extremely sharp contrast but yet I can see the weight on his shoulders, the burden that comes with ruling an Empire so young while also leading fleets and armies and ordering them to their deaths. “Come, sit with me.”

“I shouldn’t.”

“It wasn’t a request so please,” I quietly sit down next to him and he looks to the ceiling at the stars above. “How long has this been going on?”

“Since I was six.”

“So long?”

“Yes. You remember my trip to Serus?”

“Adina was knitting you a scarf for when you returned, yes I remember.”

“That was the start. Mother stranded me in the middle of the frozen wastes and left me there to walk back to the settlement. She started the beatings when I was eight.”

He cringes. “You went through a lot, yet me and Adina didn’t know, didn’t realize.” He gets up and bows to me, his every move carrying a trained regality that one expects from an Emperor, from someone trying to be an Emperor despite having the position pushed on him at such a young age. “I am sorry for our sin of ignorance. May you and the Ancestors forgive us.”

“Do not bow to me master. You did not know because I did not tell you. Because I didn’t want you to know.”

This stuns him and he sits back down next to me. “Why?”

“It was selfish of me but every time something bad had happened to me at mother’s hands I was soon brought into the presence of you and Adina and your smiles made all the pain I was feeling go away. I did not want those smiles to go away so I lied and kept up pretenses about everything.”

“Had you told us you would not have suffered so.”

“I know but I felt like I would lose your happiness had I done so and with mother having your father’s ear I had feared retaliation by causing her master to get involved.”

“I see. Do not keep her actions from me again are we clear?”

“Yes Master. My life for yours and Adina’s.” I tell him, feeling a great burden lift from my shoulders. My elder brother and elder sister, the ones I am dedicating my life to, finally know and peace has come. I will serve them until my death for my love of them. Love. That word sends a shock through me and I ask Rache

“Master, may I be excused? I wish to return to my quarters.”

“Of course, good night Anastasia.”

“Good night master.” I walk out and, as soon as I am out of the sight of the guards, run to my quarters and do not stop until I am back in my room. I collapse on my bed sobbing. Love… Love… I love them both, I love them both so much. Adina is my sister so I love my sister. Rache is my brother so I love my brother. Yet I can’t tell them. They can never know the truth. They are my siblings and my masters. But for Rache is it just siblings or…

“What are you doing?” A sharp voice asks me, snapping me out of my woes and my weeping, and out of that thought that should never be asked.

“Mother…” I whisper.

“Had the Emperor not forbidden it I would be beating you right now for failing to stop me and protect your master.” She raises her left hand, bound tightly in a black glove. “You could not even take advantage of the fact that my left hand was near crippled at the battle that cost me my eye. Overall you absolutely failed as a Serventi today.”

“Yes mother.” I hang my head. “I know I can never beat you.”

“And now you are here sobbing over your situation like a maiden instead of the Serventi that you are and always will be. I swear, were you not the Emperor and Crown Princess’ Serventi I would kill you right now for your disgrace.”

“That every reason?” I challenge her

“Do not get into that. I loved the old Emperor, the one whose child I bore and pretended was my husband’s, as all Serventi love their masters and Serventi being used for such affairs are common. It was nothing more than an affair of the flesh while the Emperor’s Sister-Wife was away. But all of that means little if the product of that union fails in her purpose. You guard, protect, and serve the Emperor and his family, there is nothing more than that one should want to do for their family. He will never know but that is okay. She will never know but that is okay. That is perfectly fine for our lives as their Serventi, their maids, bodyguards, and assassins.”

This is the hardest for me to understand but I know this is a truth I must accept. “I understand mother.”

“If you love the Emperor and Crown Princess protect them and do everything for them, that shows your love for them.”

“Yes mother.”

Mother sits on my bed, leaving her back open to me. “You may hate me for what I have done, you may find my methods despicable but you are still my daughter and I was doing what I felt to be best for you, as my mother did for me.”

“I hated it, I hated it all.”

“I did too, I hated it and I hated my mother. Every waking moment I spent hating her. I hated her to her suicide when her master inevitably died and I still hate her, her training was more extreme and despicable than what I put you through. Yet she was clear in one thing, my destiny was to serve the Emperor so perfection, absolute perfection, was required. If I was to murder, I was to do so and leave no witnesses that could be traced back. If I was to steal, I was to do so and do it in such a way they didn’t realize it was missing until I was long gone. I was to do every single thing he ever asked of me and I was expected to do it perfectly, no my position demanded it, not expected it. I had to be the model Serventi, the example all Serventi look towards and who fulfilled the wishes of the Emperor. When I became pregnant with you I felt joy I had never felt before and when you were born and assigned to Rache and Adina my joy reached even higher peaks. But I instinctively fell back into the thinking my mother had for raising me for you were to be my successor. I worried about their future so I fell back into the training my mother used in hopes it would work again.”

“I see.”

“I feel a bit sad at the idea of you hating me but I will have to hope having my daughter hate me for the rest of her life is worth it to the Emperor. In the end that is what matters, not our simple lives.”

“Are you asking me for forgiveness?” I demand, outraged as she had just this morning had been stabbing me with a knife.

“No, I suppose not. I know that would never happen. My mother never asked me for it and I am unsure if I would have given it to her. I suppose this is just my way of conveying sympathy even as I have done this.”

“I will give you an answer sometime in the future, mother.”

“I don’t think I will live to hear your answer, if I survive this war I will be surprised. But that does not matter.” She gets up, walks around the bed, and bows to me on her hands and knees, her forehead touching the floor “Please protect the Emperor and First Princess, without him and Adina House Olderen will fall, and civil war will destroy our home and potentially the Unified Empire.”

“What about Princess Rain?”

“I think we can both agree that Princess Rain must be kept from the throne at all costs.”

“On that we can agree. The Emperor will always be safe provided I am at his side.”

“Yes. Do your duty to the Emperor and the First Princess and you should be fine, and everything should be fine” Mother looks me over and gives a small smile, a motherly one. “It seems your wounds opened back up, probably because of that running you did.” Without another word mother heads over the basin and soaks the rag in the medicine inside.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat May 06, 2017 3:01 am

Rache
I come to under a bunch of rubble, as my eyes adjust to the darkness I sense something wrapped around me. I manage to turn my head Anastasia and Maria both maintain a death grip around me. Ah right, an explosion happened and this place started collapsing, they threw themselves on top of me to protect me. I slip my arm free of their grip and bring my hand up to Anastasia's neck, and I feel her steady pulse "Thank the Ancestors." I mumble to myself. I can't do the same to Maria but I place a hand on her leg and I feel her pulse through a tear in her uniform. I try to lift myself up but there is still rubble on top of us. After laying there for some time, trying to think of a way out of this, the rubble suddenly lifts off of us. I look and see Flavia standing there with her eyes closed in concentration, her light blue hair taking on an interesting color in the darkness "Thanks." I tell her, disengaging myself from Anastasia and Maria but not getting up off the floor.

She opens her eyes. "Anytime Rache... I mean, Your Imperial Majesty."

"Flavia when it is just the two of us you don't need to keep pretending. I may not know why you are here but that doesn't mean I want you to always have that detached voice towards me."

"You have no idea how much that means to me Rache." Flavia says, warmth and cheer entering her voice. She offers a hand to me and pulls me to my feet.

"Good." I give her a smile and despite how dark it is I can see her return it, while mine is polite happiness her's is relief. "Do you know where Rain is?"

"Rain protected me, she threw herself over me to shield me from the collapse."

"Is she okay?"

"She is stable but I think her leg is broken, I left her in a place that should be safe from further collapse after binding her other wounds."

"Thank the Ancestors." I mumble and look over my companions.

"Must have felt nice to be squeezed between two women like that. Right Rache?" Flavia says in a slightly teasing tone.

"If this is your attempt to improve the mood Flavia it isn't helping." I jab back, before I can say anything else however I see blood staining Anastasia's silver hair and realize the back of her head must be bleeding. "Ancestors..." I mumble gesturing at Anastasia's head."

All glibness leaves Flavia's voice as she kneels next to Anastasia and gets to work, laying Maria on her back and resting Anastasia's head in her lap. "I will see to them. See if you can find others and bring them here if they need medical aid." I nod and take off.

I stagger through the ruins, trying to restore feeling in my legs. Despite this I make as little noise as possible. After a while I see a couple shadows, their outlines familiar to me. "Lise? Slane?" I quietly whisper and I take a few steps towards them.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat May 06, 2017 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat May 06, 2017 12:20 pm

The sounds of explosions, and of buildings collapsing. They were nothing new for him. Of course, this was the first time when a building had actually collapsed with him in it..but even when the building collapsed, Slaine wasn't afraid for his life, not one bit. The years of pain, and of living so close to death..had made death a normal part of his everyday life. Deep inside, the old him, the actual him was probably still afraid of suffering and the end of his life.. but in the end, even if he had started to remember who he actually was.. he was still a painfully empty shell of a person. He didn't care about his life, so when the building collapsed, all that he did was to tightly hug his sister, trying to protect her. And in the last moments, the boy remembered all those occasions in which their instructors had told them that death was the only thing that awaited them. That hell was their destination for betraying the Holy Empire of the gods. And that dying for the sake of the empire was the only thing that could maybe allow them to go to heaven. It pained him, to die right now, when he had actually found Elaine again.. but in the end,.. he knew that death was going to come, sooner or later. And with that last thought, everything turned to darkness.

When he finally woke up again, the blue eyed boy tried to stand up out of a sudden, completely ignoring the horrible pain that he was feeling. It was nothing..but then, he noticed that he was laying over his sister. As he actually stood up, he noticed that she was still breathing, and that moment, he felt just.. so relieved. He leaned over her, trying to check her pulse, but that's when a few drops of his blood fell on her face. That's when the boy realized that he had an ugly cut on his forehand. But out of a sudden, Lise opened her eyes, her eyes looking directly at him. And as she noticed him, the girl screamed.

In her defense, when she woke up, she found her brother looking at her with his usual hollowness in his eyes.. the emotionless expression of a killer. It wasn't his fault though..that's just how he was. Even with some of his memories coming back.. it was difficult for him to show feelings. And his characteristic emotionless expression..it was something he had picked up after years of being turned into a killing machine that was supposed to feel nothing. No happiness, no pain, no hope, no despair. He couldn't show any of this. He couldn't let anyone else know that he had feelings, that despite everything, he was still a human being. It was difficult to get out of such a mentality. And as Lise tried to stand up and to run, she fell as she suddenly felt the pain of her wound again, and she nearly fell, but her brother caught just in time. Slaine said nothing, as he just hugged her. She tried to oppose some resistance.. but something..something made her stop. The hug calmed her down.. mostly because she had wanted to feel some affection from her brother. And as the boy finally said something, the girl started to cry. "I'm sorry, Lise. For everything." His voice.. it was still a little cold.. but somewhere, there..she recognized her older brother. It was too much for her to handle. So once again, the girl simply lost control over her feelings, as she cried, and cried.

As Rache arrived next to them, Lise was still crying. Slaine looked at the Elysian prince, his blue-green eyes still empty. "Greetings, Prince Rache." The blonde boy said in a low but calm voice..before he suddenly fell on the ground, passing out. That's when the crying girl noticed a red stain on his blue coat, as blood was flowing from a big wound in his shoulder...

Michael opened his mouth a few times, as if he wanted to say something.. but he remained quiet, clearly in shock. Not only had Elaine, his little sister, slapped him..but she was also supposed to be a hallucination..and the effects of this slap were a little too confusing for him to understand. And after a few minutes of an awkward silence, the prince started to laugh again. "Yes, I suppose that it's real enough. None of the other people I can see when they're not actually there has ever slapped me before.. so I guess that you are real, after all. Even if your attitude makes me really confused about which of us actually has mental problems..It is also pretty ironic that out of those three things you mentioned, I can change the two that you can deal with, but the third is out of my control!" The blood-red eyed boy laughed again, seemingly finding his jokes very funny. "I can't promise that I will never touch Slaine and Lise again.. I just can't. It's really difficult.. for me to keep my temper under control. And when I lose my mind.. I just can't control myself. You don't understand.. you can't understand..but when you have so many voices screaming in your head..it's difficult.. to remain calm..", Michael told her, suddenly becoming rather serious. "I can try..but I can't promise anything. So I guess that you'll just have to kill me.. you can try at least." The boy then sighed, standing back on his knees, and rubbing his eyes, remembering what his sister had told him before. "Yes.. it makes me weak. If I need the help of medicine to stay alive, to stay strong..it means that I'm weak. Pathetically weak.", he said, chuckling."As for what happened to my old heart.. I obviously didn't tell you. Why would I have told you? Just thinking about it hurts..Let's just say.. that it became useless. I died.. practically. For a few minutes. And then, someone had to make a choice of life and death.. and that person chose to give me the heart of someone else. So, that someone died..and I survived. Once again, it's pretty ironic. .since if I would have had to make the choice myself..I would have chosen to die. I should have better died.. I had no right to remain alive.. not after.. what happened. But then.. that's all in the past, I suppose. Although.. it still haunts me to this very day."

Michael then, fell silent, as he was once again assaulted by all of those different and confusing feelings. He wanted it..even if he would have denied it no matter what, his broken heart still desired affection..and then, he could also see.. in how much despair and turmoil ..and since.. he wasn't the one that had brought her in this state.. he felt horrible, to see her like that. The red eyed boy hesitated, as he looked at his sister..and almost certainly expecting to be rejected, and probably slapped again, the blonde boy hugged Elaine, a little clumsily. "You're right.. we should focus on getting out of here. And I promise you.. that I will find them both. I'm sure that they're alive.. and maybe I'll even forget about punishing them for what they did." Then Michael remained quiet again, in a rather awkward silence. "And..it's clear that you won't be able to walk around that easily with a wound like that.. so I'll have to help you. I know that it sounds weird.. but will you let me.. help you? Will you.. trust me with this?.."
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sat May 06, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat May 06, 2017 9:32 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Michael opened his mouth a few times, as if he wanted to say something.. but he remained quiet, clearly in shock. Not only had Elaine, his little sister, slapped him..but she was also supposed to be a hallucination..and the effects of this slap were a little too confusing for him to understand. And after a few minutes of an awkward silence, the prince started to laugh again. "Yes, I suppose that it's real enough. None of the other people I can see when they're not actually there has ever slapped me before.. so I guess that you are real, after all. Even if your attitude makes me really confused about which of us actually has mental problems..It is also pretty ironic that out of those three things you mentioned, I can change the two that you can deal with, but the third is out of my control!" The blood-red eyed boy laughed again, seemingly finding his jokes very funny. "I can't promise that I will never touch Slaine and Lise again.. I just can't. It's really difficult.. for me to keep my temper under control. And when I lose my mind.. I just can't control myself. You don't understand.. you can't understand..but when you have so many voices screaming in your head..it's difficult.. to remain calm..", Michael told her, suddenly becoming rather serious. "I can try..but I can't promise anything. So I guess that you'll just have to kill me.. you can try at least." The boy then sighed, standing back on his knees, and rubbing his eyes, remembering what his sister had told him before. "Yes.. it makes me weak. If I need the help of medicine to stay alive, to stay strong..it means that I'm weak. Pathetically weak.", he said, chuckling."As for what happened to my old heart.. I obviously didn't tell you. Why would I have told you? Just thinking about it hurts..Let's just say.. that it became useless. I died.. practically. For a few minutes. And then, someone had to make a choice of life and death.. and that person chose to give me the heart of someone else. So, that someone died..and I survived. Once again, it's pretty ironic. .since if I would have had to make the choice myself..I would have chosen to die. I should have better died.. I had no right to remain alive.. not after.. what happened. But then.. that's all in the past, I suppose. Although.. it still haunts me to this very day."

Michael then, fell silent, as he was once again assaulted by all of those different and confusing feelings. He wanted it..even if he would have denied it no matter what, his broken heart still desired affection..and then, he could also see.. in how much despair and turmoil ..and since.. he wasn't the one that had brought her in this state.. he felt horrible, to see her like that. The red eyed boy hesitated, as he looked at his sister..and almost certainly expecting to be rejected, and probably slapped again, the blonde boy hugged Elaine, a little clumsily. "You're right.. we should focus on getting out of here. And I promise you.. that I will find them both. I'm sure that they're alive.. and maybe I'll even forget about punishing them for what they did." Then Michael remained quiet again, in a rather awkward silence. "And..it's clear that you won't be able to walk around that easily with a wound like that.. so I'll have to help you. I know that it sounds weird.. but will you let me.. help you? Will you.. trust me with this?.."

As Michael seemed to agree that she was real, she was almost relieved. Well, in more of the annoyed, "Thank God, you idiot," sense. Such was common among siblings. She was a bit annoyed that he teased that she might be the one with mental illnesses when he very clearly was the one in that sense, but she decided to not give in and remain silent. His laugh still sounded unsettling, but she decided not to point it out. He, at the very least, wasn't threatening her. It was a nice change. But...it was when he brought up not being able to keep himself under control that the moment ended. He was being serious, sure, but she didn't like the thought. "Well if you're going to hurt anyone, make it me." She replied, casting a glance to him with the same seriousness. "Target it at me, I can take it. I'll only kill you if I have to." She grinned a little. "I can always chain you up and just drag you around everywhere. I doubt you could do much then." But it was then that he mentioned that medicine was weak, and that his heart had failed, that someone had to die for him to live...that he had no right to be alive after what happened. She thought about asking, but decided against it. He would probably drudge it up again at another time, anyway. "...well you're a priority, what would you expect? If I'm not even allowed to have an impurity or be harmed in any way, then there's no way in hell they'd let you die." She frowned, remembering how she'd nearly killed herself earlier. "Even if we want that more than anything, they aren't going to let us die in peace."

In the silence, it almost grew awkward...but she almost preferred it. It gave her time to think, think about what state Slaine might be in, and time to think about a way to get out of the rubble. The last thing she expected was for the First Prince of the Thracian Empire to hug her...and it was just as bad as she'd probably expected. It was clumsy, oddly-placed, and it was incredibly uncomfortable. Fear struck her as he wrapped his arms around her, but she'd mastered the art of masking being scared of him. There was no way to tell the difference between her fear of him and her fear of the situation they were in. She desperately wished he would simply let go of her. He spoke of promising to find Slaine and Lise and get out of the rubble, that he probably wouldn't do anything to them, but she was more terrified of what finding them might mean. Finding them, or...finding their bodies..? She didn't say it, but it was obvious that was what she was thinking. He then asked of he could help her, which snapped her from her thoughts. She wished it wasn't so, but what he said was very true. She could barely stand with the shrapnel in her leg, let alone walk with it. She didn't want to trust him, but if he was going to hurt her, he probably would've already done it. She rubbed her face on her forearm, and silently, she nodded. "...I don't suppose I have much of a choice, but I think the bigger issue is trying to get out of all the rubble around us, for now...neither of us are strong enough to remove the slabs..." She frowned and looked at him. "So what do we do?"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sun May 07, 2017 3:22 am

Rache
I was about to return Slaine's greeting but he suddenly collapses. After he does and his wound is seen by Liselotte she breaks down into further tears and I gently move her away so I take take a better look at his wound and I remove his coat. I keep my face blank to not worry Liselotte over how bad it is I take off my own coat and use a knife to cut off one of the sleeves to use for the bandage and I start working to bind it. But Liselotte's tears bother me too much to focus completely on my job here. I reach for my pocket but I notice the blood on my hands so I wipe them on my shirt and pull out a handkerchief. "Wipe your eyes Liselotte. It will be better for your brother to see your smile when he awakens instead of your crying face. At least, that is what my sister always said to me." I tell her kindly, carefully placing it in her hand, and I go back to binding Slaine's wound. After I finish binding the wound enough to starch the bleeding I wipe my hands against my shirt again and put what is left of my jacket back on. "That should do it for the moment. Liselotte, help me carry him back to where Flavia is. She is tending to the wounded." She nods and we carefully carry him back to where the others are...

We return to where I left the others and I see Maria, who is now fully conscious, propped up against a piece of rubble while Flavia wraps bandages around her wounds. Anastasia is laying on her back on top of a blanket I peer at Anastasia's face who is looking straight at the ceiling, her face still in a daze, implying she isn't completely back yet, the bandage wrapped around her head is fairly bloody but she seems fine for now. Maria tries to stand up as soon as she sees me but winces in pain "Stay still." Flavia mumbles and talks to us without looking at us. "Your Imperial Majesty, if you have any wounded lay them down there." She gestures with her hand to where Anastasia is laying, with several large blankets laid out to keep them off the floor itself. "This is hardly the most sterile place but it is the best we have for the moment."

"Right." Me and Liselotte move Slaine over and lay him down on top of one of the blankets. "How is it going?" I ask her.

"My mind is in 11 different places trying to find others while trying to provide medical treatment to a stubborn Serventi. Forgive me if I am at the end of my wits when that and the effort to clear this place are combined."

"You've done enough. We will look for the others on foot."

She gives a cursory glance over Slaine, "If you come across any more medical supplies bring them to me. If everyone is as wounded as Slaine and Anastasia is I won't have enough."

"I'll go look for some." Maria volunteers, trying to stand again but wincing in pain.

"Fine." Flavia grumbles and takes out a syringe and fills it with medicine. She injects it into Maria's arm and tells her "You have one hour until it wears off."

"This is some potent pain meds." Maria replies leaping to her feat.

"It is highly addictive, clock's ticking." Flavia says shortly and Maria takes off, she then goes to work on Slaine.

"I'll go look for others, please come with me Liselotte." I invite her because a second set of eyes and it is probably a good idea to take her mind off of Slaine's state. Liselotte nods and we walk off together. "I know this is hard but don't worry about Slaine, Flavia was raised around medicine so she knows what she is doing. Everything will be fine in the end." I do my best to reassure her as we walk through the ruins.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon May 08, 2017 1:21 pm

Michael remained quiet yet again, as he was once again, assaulted by all those different and turbulent feelings. She was trying to hide her fear.. but at the very least, it was obvious just how much she disliked him. The cold in which she had reacted when he had tried to hug her..it only confirmed it to him. What she had said was true. She might have not wanted him to die immediately.. but she also hated him. She probably hated him and despised him more than anyone could imagine.. and who could blame her. A part of him.. a part of him really enjoyed that. To know that he had so much power over other people.. and that he could create all those negative feelings. And the others were happy too.. the voices were always driving him to hurt her even more, after all. But even so..it still hurt the somewhat normal part of him that was hidden somewhere in there. That part of him knew that hate and fear was the only things that he could expect...even if he was longing for some affection. So somewhere deep inside..there was some sanity left. But even that was slowly but surely drowned in the despair of what he had done. His hands were stained by blood. that's why.. that's why he knew that he had no right to touch her. While trying to remain calm, he pulled away from the hug.

"If you say so..but if I lose my temper.. I can hurt you anyway. I can hurt everyone. So chaining my up.. might just be the better choice.", the blood-red eyed boy told her, sighing. "Am I a priority? Father.. father only cared about my life because of my blood. Because of what I was born as. If I would have died..then my weakness would have been connected to his blood. It would have hurt his reputation...and no one that could hurt his reputation or the glory of his bloodline can exist to tell the tale..that's why he closed you in your room.. although, he probably still has some hope left for you. But those who are too weak.. they just.. disappear." The prince rubbed his eyes again. "And I hate it.. this feeling.. it feels as if I have broken a couple promises I should have not broken. It feels.. as if I am living the years of someone that shouldn't have died. And my only wish...is that maybe.. one day.. I'll be weak enough.. to also disappear. But my burning desire to prove father that he was right stops that. I have to prove it to him. By any means." And then, Michael fell silent once again. "The way in which the rubble has fallen..there are tunnel like spaces everywhere around. We should try to see if we can find the others.That would be a first step. Come on, I will help you up." And with that, the blonde haired prince stood up, with a little effort, as he also helped his little sister to stand. And with Elaine putting her arm around his shoulder, and leaning on him for support, It still hurt her a little, but the boy was making serious efforts to take as much weight off her leg as possible. Slowly and in silence, the two Thracian half-siblings started to walk. But none of them could have imagined what was going to happen next.

Michael was the first who had noticed it. Another person, in the dark distance. He remained quiet at the beginning..obviously believing that to be just another fragment of his twisted and broken imagination. But as they approached it.. or him, to be more precise.. it was obvious that he was real, and soon, the purple eyed girl saw him too. A boy with a messy white hair, wearing a black uniform...and the boy turned around, pointing a gun at them.

Lise on the other hand, remained quiet, as she and Rache continued to walk through the ruined remains of the building under the rubble. From the looks of it, the lower levels of the building had still maintained their structural integrity, at least a little, so even if the remains of the building were everywhere above and around them, there was still enough place to walk and to move, through the maze of what had once been the building's lower hallways and rooms. Flavia had also checked her wound, and luckily, it just required some bandages to stop the bleeding, allowing the female knight to follow the Elysian prince into his search. But her feelings..were so mixed up and confused, and above all.. she was worried sick about her brother. Still, Rache's attempt to comfort her brought a small smile to her face. "Thank you, your Highness.", the blonde girl said nearly out of reflex​."But please, call me Lise. And.." But Slaine's sister never managed to finish her words..as somewhere in front of them, they noticed a white haired prince..and a few moments later, the red eyed prince and the purple eyed princess in front of him.

Alexander slowly turned around, with blood slowly dripping from multiple small wounds in various parts of body, and most importantly.. from his eye. His left eye was closed, and blood was slowly ​flowing out from beneath his eyelid. Clearly shaking, Elaine's brother was holding a pistol in his right hand..and without hesitation, he pointed it directly at her. But just as he was about to pull the trigger, Michael pushed Elaine to the floor, stepping forward and raising his hands as if he was trying to protect her, just as he noticed Rache and Lise somewhere behind Alexander. And the wounded prince, looking at Michael with his purple-reddish red eye, took out a smaller pistol from his pocket with his left hand, pointing it at Rache and slide. Michael smirked, looking at the stalemate..
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon May 08, 2017 5:34 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Michael remained quiet yet again, as he was once again, assaulted by all those different and turbulent feelings. She was trying to hide her fear.. but at the very least, it was obvious just how much she disliked him. The cold in which she had reacted when he had tried to hug her..it only confirmed it to him. What she had said was true. She might have not wanted him to die immediately.. but she also hated him. She probably hated him and despised him more than anyone could imagine.. and who could blame her. A part of him.. a part of him really enjoyed that. To know that he had so much power over other people.. and that he could create all those negative feelings. And the others were happy too.. the voices were always driving him to hurt her even more, after all. But even so..it still hurt the somewhat normal part of him that was hidden somewhere in there. That part of him knew that hate and fear was the only things that he could expect...even if he was longing for some affection. So somewhere deep inside..there was some sanity left. But even that was slowly but surely drowned in the despair of what he had done. His hands were stained by blood. that's why.. that's why he knew that he had no right to touch her. While trying to remain calm, he pulled away from the hug.

"If you say so..but if I lose my temper.. I can hurt you anyway. I can hurt everyone. So chaining my up.. might just be the better choice.", the blood-red eyed boy told her, sighing. "Am I a priority? Father.. father only cared about my life because of my blood. Because of what I was born as. If I would have died..then my weakness would have been connected to his blood. It would have hurt his reputation...and no one that could hurt his reputation or the glory of his bloodline can exist to tell the tale..that's why he closed you in your room.. although, he probably still has some hope left for you. But those who are too weak.. they just.. disappear." The prince rubbed his eyes again. "And I hate it.. this feeling.. it feels as if I have broken a couple promises I should have not broken. It feels.. as if I am living the years of someone that shouldn't have died. And my only wish...is that maybe.. one day.. I'll be weak enough.. to also disappear. But my burning desire to prove father that he was right stops that. I have to prove it to him. By any means." And then, Michael fell silent once again. "The way in which the rubble has fallen..there are tunnel like spaces everywhere around. We should try to see if we can find the others.That would be a first step. Come on, I will help you up." And with that, the blonde haired prince stood up, with a little effort, as he also helped his little sister to stand. And with Elaine putting her arm around his shoulder, and leaning on him for support, It still hurt her a little, but the boy was making serious efforts to take as much weight off her leg as possible. Slowly and in silence, the two Thracian half-siblings started to walk. But none of them could have imagined what was going to happen next.

Michael was the first who had noticed it. Another person, in the dark distance. He remained quiet at the beginning..obviously believing that to be just another fragment of his twisted and broken imagination. But as they approached it.. or him, to be more precise.. it was obvious that he was real, and soon, the purple eyed girl saw him too. A boy with a messy white hair, wearing a black uniform...and the boy turned around, pointing a gun at them.

Lise on the other hand, remained quiet, as she and Rache continued to walk through the ruined remains of the building under the rubble. From the looks of it, the lower levels of the building had still maintained their structural integrity, at least a little, so even if the remains of the building were everywhere above and around them, there was still enough place to walk and to move, through the maze of what had once been the building's lower hallways and rooms. Flavia had also checked her wound, and luckily, it just required some bandages to stop the bleeding, allowing the female knight to follow the Elysian prince into his search. But her feelings..were so mixed up and confused, and above all.. she was worried sick about her brother. Still, Rache's attempt to comfort her brought a small smile to her face. "Thank you, your Highness.", the blonde girl said nearly out of reflex​."But please, call me Lise. And.." But Slaine's sister never managed to finish her words..as somewhere in front of them, they noticed a white haired prince..and a few moments later, the red eyed prince and the purple eyed princess in front of him.

Alexander slowly turned around, with blood slowly dripping from multiple small wounds in various parts of body, and most importantly.. from his eye. His left eye was closed, and blood was slowly ​flowing out from beneath his eyelid. Clearly shaking, Elaine's brother was holding a pistol in his right hand..and without hesitation, he pointed it directly at her. But just as he was about to pull the trigger, Michael pushed Elaine to the floor, stepping forward and raising his hands as if he was trying to protect her, just as he noticed Rache and Lise somewhere behind Alexander. And the wounded prince, looking at Michael with his purple-reddish red eye, took out a smaller pistol from his pocket with his left hand, pointing it at Rache and slide. Michael smirked, looking at the stalemate..

When he finally, finally released Elaine from the hug, she withheld a sigh of relief. After he said he might not be able to restrain himself from hurting anyone and everyone, she thought about perhaps putting Slaine's collar on him instead...but took into account that Michael didn't have the strongest heart. It probably wouldn't be able to survive the electric shocks. Normal restraints would have to do, if it came to it. For now, she simply listened as he talked, that he wished he could one day disappear, but he wanted to prove their father wrong. "...well then prove him wrong first, and then you can die in peace." She replied with a slight frown. "I'm sure any of our other siblings would be overjoyed to take the throne." He mentioned then that there were spaces they could weasel through to find a way out, and from there, he helped her stand, though she couldn't help but wince in the process. She was forced to put her weight against him, even if she didn't want to, because she didn't have much of a choice. She couldn't make it but a step or two on her wounded leg. So the continued on through the tunnels, the only sound filing through the dusty air was their breathing and their footsteps.

For a while, she kept her eyes focused lower than the horizon, but it was when an object came into her field of vision that she realized it was a person...a person with white hair and purple-red eyes. One with a gun, pointed straight at them. His eye was destroyed. He didn't really look sane in the moment, and moved the barrel to her direction...but she didn't move. She was shocked, she didn't really understand. Why? She wanted to ask him. What did I do? But she didn't have time to put the questions into words as Michael shoved her back to the ground, and as she hit the rubble, a shock of pain shot through her leg. The shrapnel had torn a bigger wound in her thigh from the impact. She bit her lip until it began to bleed to stop from screaming. She wanted to see what was happening, why this was happening, and could only watch as he pulled out another pistol, and aimed it at Rache and Lise. She couldn't just sit there; this wasn't going to end well. "Hey, stop it!" She yelled to her brother, moving so that she could see him past Michael's legs. "Don't get them involved, this is between you and us, not them!"

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Mon May 08, 2017 5:52 pm

Rache

I lean over to Lise and whisper in her ear softly "Lise, take a step back. When I move in front of you use the cover of my body to take your pistol out and be ready to move in case this goes wrong." This should work as I am taller than Lise by about 30 centimeters so she should easily fit behind me. She nods, takes a step back and I step in front of her, obscuring most of her body but leaving enough open that she can still observe the situation. If this goes wrong I can at least protect her. An Emperor must always be willing to risk himself for others, especially his subjects. While Lise is not one of my subjects I still feel a sense of duty to protect her and the others if possible.

I look at my opponent closely, that hair and face is so familiar, and my gaze falters when I recognize his face through his injuries. "Alexander? Prince Alexander is that you?" I ask in shock and I hear a gasp from the girl behind me. My eyes dart to Princess Elaine, still on the floor but not getting up, and I return my gaze to the Prince I have known for a year, the prince I considered a friend and classmate during that time. "What are you doing here old friend? Why are you here now?" I ask quietly, not moving from my position. There is something wrong about him, something different, I may not be familiar with Alexander and Michael's relationship but I know that Alexander would not risk harming Elaine, let alone point a weapon at her. Now was the time I wish I had telepathy like Flavia so I could find out what his mind is thinking and communicate with the others here. Alexander does not respond to my questions, he doesn't seem to be responding to anything. What I feel from him reminds me of a Serventi when they are placed under orders.

Regardless, we need a plan to get out of this. His left is facing us which gives us the advantage with the state his left eye is in. If me and Lise move in opposite directions we should be able to exploit this if we move in for hand to hand combat. Alexander would be faced with the choice of taking his sight, and pistol, off of Elaine and Michael to face the two of us or trying to deal with a pincher attack by the two of us, one of the attacks going for his back as we circle around him and trying to stop it with an eye he can't see out of. If he elects for the former it would give Elaine and Michael the chance to run away or take advantage of his open back and attack. If he elects the latter he will be able to injure one of us, perhaps kill one of us, but won't be able to protect his back. When we reach him we do what we can to disarm and disable him, I don't know how skilled Lise is in hand to hand but at least I have been trained in it.

I place my hand behind my back and gesture to Lise that she move left so she can take Alexander from behind. I will head right, the more dangerous route because it brings me in line with his good eye. She holsters her pistol and places her hand against my back, writing one word on it with a finger Okay. I look past Alexander and nod to Michael and mouth the words Be ready. If Alexander goes with the former option they could be at risk so they need to move, if he goes with the latter they are free to move. We will get out of this but it will be risky. The shaking in Alexander's hand though gives me hope he will either stand down before we move or he will be that much easier to take down.

When Elaine speaks I turn my head slightly towards Lise and signal to be ready to move regardless of what Elaine says. Perhaps her words can briefly distract him.

The silver haired prince, the white haired prince, the red eyed prince, and the purple eyed princess, what an assortment of colors in this darkness. A meeting of royalty in absolute insanity and darkness.

Anastasia

I come out of my daze. "What..." I mumble to myself and raise my head slightly.

"Stay still, with that blow to your head it is a miracle you are alive. Who knows what damage you took and I would much rather not risk making it worse." A familiar voice says to me and out of the corner of my eye I see Flavia attending to a boy.

"Yes Flavia." I recognize the boy next to me, who seems to be conscious, fully well. "Ah Slaine, you are here too." I mumble. "Where's Maria? Where's Rache?" Last I remember was the two of us protecting him and I was hit in the back of the head."

"Maria is out scouting for more medical supplies. Meanwhile Prince Rache left with that Tracian, what's her name, Lise? That sounds about right, to search for other survivors."

"Rain?"

"Princess Rain is somewhere in these ruins but her leg is broken so I left her somewhere safe."

"Ah. I dreamed of mother when I slept. Of her training."

"I see." Flavia mumbles, expressing disinterest as she continues her work on Slaine's wounds.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Tue May 09, 2017 1:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu May 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Rache

At the Grand Imperial Palace on Elysia…

Pretty much the entire immediate royalty of the Empire, from Crown Princess Kristina Hymenaios and her younger brothers, Prince Alistair, Prince Xenophon, and Prince Joseph, to me, Adina, and Rain, to Crown Princess Aetheria Gadeon and her younger sister, Princess Flavia, and younger brother, Prince Victor, to Crown Princess Jule Serus and her younger brothers, Prince Simon and Prince Victus, are gathered in this room. Along with this amount of royalty is all of our personal Serventi. A gathering of royalty, all the children of the emperors, and the niece of one of them in Rain’s case, is a very rare occurrence. But we are all related so we view it as one big happy family and our parents thought it was best for us to be together while they are off at war. The mix of our hair colors, from the blonde hair of the Hymenaios, to the silver hair of the Olderens, to the light blue hair of the Gadeon, to the black hair of the Serus creates an interesting contrast. But we are all gathered here for a very serious matter.

I start us off, speaking as seriously as a twelve-year-old can. “Alright Adina, you and Anastasia go first.” I tell her handing a pair of earmuffs to Anastasia. Adina covers her eyes and start counting while Anastasia puts on the earmuffs and closes her eyes. We all nod to each other and take off, some of us ducking into various hallways and rooms as we scatter, finding places to hide in the palace. Me and Jule however go along the same route, both of us having the same idea about where to hide. When we get to the meeting room that we were going to hide in we hear voices so we peer in.

In there is my grandmother along with nobles and military officers from all four Great Houses, even the First and Fourth Empresses, and we hear them arguing over something. “Dowager Empress, proceeding with coronating them now is out of the question.” An officer tells grandmother.

“Why is that?” Grandmother inquires

“We will be taking children from their toys and placing them on thrones. Children should not shoulder that burden. Not at such a young age.” The First Empress answers her.

“That is the point of a regency.” A noble from my own House’s domain answers

“A regency of the sort the Dowager Empress wants to make would cause problems of a different sort and we all know that. An Emperor must rule unfettered from such a thing and people might start thinking we are simply puppeting them. We cannot have the Ancestor’s wisdom questioned like that.” A noble from House Hymenaios’ domain answers.

“Then have the Third Emperor serve as regent to the three of them.” Grandmother answers.

“The Third Emperor is a good man and graced well with knowledge by the Ancestors yes but he has little desire to rule more than his own parcel of the Empire. He would out of obligation but he may not be the best for running the entire Empire. He has in fact said so and asked this council to come up with an alternative solution” A noble from the Third Emperor’s domain tells grandmother

“Well we must do something. After all the thrones of the First, Second, and Fourth Emperors are vacant and the Empire risks crumbling if we don’t do something. Morale is low in the military with their failure to protect the Father of the Fleet as well as the First and Fourth Emperors. When the news that they are dead becomes public I would not be surprised if there is chaos or even riots. The loss of most of our Emperors is a disaster of unprecedented proportions” Grandmother answers

“If that happens deploy the Serventi Corps. All of them. Any riots would soon be dealt with as making the streets run with blood is a very good deterrent.” The Fourth Empress responds coldly. “But placing children on the thrones, especially ones as unprepared as they potentially are, spells disaster.”

“It is their duty to the Empire. They will ascend to the throne and they will lead the Empire firmly and well. They have no choice.” Grandmother answers solemnly

Me and Jule stare at each other in horror at what we are hearing and we take off, running as fast as we can. When we finally stop, we are both breathing heavily. “Jule…” I start.

Jule places a finger to my lips and shakes her head. “Not now Rache, let the others have fun in their games. Today is the last day we can be kids so we need to make it worth it.” She gives a smile and takes off, scaling a wall so she can hide in the rafters. I nod quietly, Jule is right so I might as well try to have fun. I duck into a side hallway and pick a random door coming into a bedroom. Adina's bedroom at this palace.

"Just my luck." I mumble. I pick one of the several wardrobes in the room at random to hide in but when I open it Kristina is hiding on the inside staring at me. Before we can say anything we hear the door handle start to turn so Kristina grabs me and pulls me into the wardrobe, closing the door.

“Hm…” I hear that in a familiar voice, it is Adina’s. And I hear doors open as Adina starts checking the wardrobes in the room and closet.

Before she opens the wardrobe we are hiding in there is a knock on the door. “Adina? Are you in?” I hear a muffled voice that I think is grandmother’s.

“Yes grandmother.” Adina answers.

We hear the door open and, by the sound of the footsteps, grandmother walks in “Do you know where your brother is? Or for that matter Kristina and Jule?”

Adina shakes her head. “They are hiding.”

“Call for them, this is important.”

“Yes grandmother.” Adina leaves and we both step out of the wardrobe.

“What was that about Rache?” Kristina asks me in confusion.

“It is better you don’t hear it from me,” I tell her grimly. “We had better hurry back to the starting point.” She nods and we walk down the hall together and arrive in the room we started in, everyone else is already present and accounted for.

“Kristina, Rache, Jule…” Grandmother starts, her face and tone grim, “There has been a disaster on the front and the First, Second, and Fourth Emperors have lost their lives. You three are to ascend and take their places on the Imperial thrones.” If grandmother felt anything about her son dying in war or the unspeakable disaster this is for our empire she doesn’t show it. “The Empire needs their rulers so preparations for the coronations will proceed immediately and you will all be coronated as Emperor and Empresses of the Empire in two days and you all will be departing back to your homes tomorrow.” She pauses before continuing. “I shouldn’t say this but the Second Empress has not been responding to any stimulus since she received the news.” Grandmother doesn’t seem to be show much reaction to the fact her daughter is like this either. She simply bows and leaves us alone here.

Adina and Rain breakdown instantly and Kristina soon follows and soon all the royalty in the room are crying their eyes out besides Jule and myself. Jule and me, having forewarning maintain a stoic expression, something expected of an Emperor and Empress. This is something expected of us because the two of us are the oldest present in the room. But I cannot take my sister and cousin crying so I pull them into a hug and they both cry into my chest, their wails echoing to the heavens and soon I start crying. Soon the other royals join in on our hug besides Jule who is still struggling to maintain a stoic expression. I look at Jule and say to her “We are not Emperors and Empresses yet Jule, it’s okay.” Those words finally break the dam she has been struggling to maintain and she joins in our hug, openly weeping her father’s death. Our Serventi stand around us, trying to maintain blank faces but I can tell most of them are on the verge of tears.

After the crying mostly stops and sniffling is the only noise heard by all present Jule disengages from us with a smile on her tear stained face. “What are we doing standing around here crying?” She asks glibly. “We should be doing all we can and having all the fun we can possibly have. Mine, Rache and Kristina’s childhood ends after today so we should do all we can.”

I nod and get out of the group hug. “Come on everyone! If our childhood ends today I do not want my memory of it being just us crying!” I grin at Jule and the two of us take off running. “Catch us if you can!” I yell over my shoulder.

“No way am I going to be spending my last day weeping like a little girl!” Jule yells as well and the others soon begin chasing us. Laughter mixed with tears echoing around the palace with one goal in mind, to celebrate the end of mine, Jule’s and Kristina’s childhoods with a smile on our faces. Before the burden of rule consumes us.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Thu May 11, 2017 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri May 12, 2017 12:32 pm

"You know, I really like watching this. If only someone would've given me some popcorn. However, given the situation I am currently in, I have nothing but dust and rubble available to me. So I would be really grateful to all of you if you could keep standing like this for a while longer and untill someone brought me some popcorn. Only then I will allow you to continue with this nice little stand off."

, an well known voice came from somewhere to the right. It was a voice everyone had come to know, muffled as usual and sounding like the speaker was grinning from ear to ear below his mask. Yes, it was Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler, the first Exilvanian who had shown up at the academy and so far the most mentally unstable one. He was there, with only everything upwards of his chest being visible and the rest covered by debris. He was obviously stuck but it seemed that he cared little. He rested his chin on his hands, his elbows on the ground, the green glowing visors of his mask seeming to look at everyone and no one in particular. His usually remarkably clean dark blue uniform was greyish white due to all the dust that had come over it.

Now that he had actually gotten some attention, he took the time to take off his peaked cap and swipe some of the dust away from the front, revealing the silver bat symbol on it's front as well as the silver skull with fangs. Taking a look at how well he had cleaned off his cap, Dietrich was suddenly hit by a small piece of debris falling from some higher point right onto his head. For a moment he didn't react but then his hands slowly let go off his peaked cap before his head fell down as well and slammed right into it.

Above, from where the piece of debris had come from a cold laughter could be heard. Looking up one would see Exilvanian Assasin Etheltryth dancing happily on the debris, her long and intensive training making it easy for her feet to find perfectly safe spots to stand without making a sound or moving anything much at all. It had a certain elegance to it how she was dancing up there, drawing one of her many knives every now and then, thowing it in the air and catching it again.

"Looks like I quite accidentally hit some loose rubble. Incredibly sorry about that. I sure hope he isn't dead from that. It would be so tragic if he were to die here somewhere in peace in a foreign empire."

Suddenly the Princess appeared behind her. Taking a quick look to assess the situation, she quickly decided to jump down from the pile of rubble, kicking up a lot of dust on the ground when she finally hit it.Within this improvised little smokescreen she quickly went over to Haegler's limp body and took a look at his wound. A smile hushed over her face when she saw that Haegler was indeed fine. He had a damn hard skull. And so said with a bittersweet voice that could even be heard up where Etheltryth was standing:

"Oh Ethel my dear, I think your hopes have been rewarded he is still very much alife. I think he will be very keen to hear from you how you managed to accidentally kick some rubble at his head with pinpoint accuracy..."

Etheltryth up on her position frowned, the facade of a happy and innocent face breaking for a little while to show quite some annoyance. She even stopped her dancing for a split second. But quickly everything was back to usual, with her balancing another knife on her fingers. A malicious expression was now on her face, which the princess couldn't see as she was still covered in her own little cloud of dust.

"Oh my, I cannot express how relieved I am about these news your majesty. Now it would be a real tragedy if more accidents were to happen, don't you think?"

The sound of a handgun's safety catch being released could be heard and shortly after the Exilvanian Princess Antonia von Folterburg materialized herself out of the slowly settling down cloud of dust. It was aimed right at the Thracian Prince Alexander, her facial expression seemingly colder than ice. But deep within her eyes one could see the burning desire to kill, to simply pull the trigger and blow Alexander's head off. Or even better, shot every single one of his limbs, leaving him demobilized and in incredible pain.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Alexander remained quiet to Elaine's desperate cries, continuing to stay like that, with his pistols ready. The white haired boy remained just as quiet as Prince Rache spoke to him, not moving an inch.. but he seemed to be hesitating. Still, as he was the one with the guns there.. or at least, the one with the most guns.. the situation seemed to be locked in a stalemate. Slightly quivering, Michael continued to stand like a shield in front of his sister.. even if he was unsure about why he was doing it. Under normal circumstances, he would have simply stepped aside...after all, he would have really enjoyed to see her suffer a little.. but for some reason..for some reason..he just.. he just couldn't. He felt.. as if he had to protect her..no matter of what happened.

Meanwhile, Lise quietly agreed to Rache's plan..and when he gave the start..both of them started to run towards Alexander. The wounded prince, with one eye unable to see, missed a few precious moments until when he noticed what had happened, delaying his reaction. For a moment there, the purple-red eyed prince seemed to try to turn around towards the incoming attackers, but while rushing towards him, the blonde knight fired her pistol, and a precise shot hit Alexander's left hand, making him drop one of his pistols. But as good as Rache's plan was..it was built on a few false assumptions. And that was truly shown when instead of focusing on Lise or Rache, the white haired boy simply turned around, attacking the weakest link of this entire plan. Michael.

The blood-red eyed boy had remained there, fully knowing that with the wound that Elaine had, they was no chance for them to escape. But Alexander suddenly turning around to attack him took him completely by surprise. Under normal circumstances.. the two boys would have been on the same level. But even if Alexander was now missing an eye..Michael was perhaps in an even worse situation, with his right arm basically useless, and with his heart and all the effort that he had made having weakened him a lot, as proven by the shallow way in which he was trying to breathe.. and of course, Elaine's brother had quickly noticed that. And as Alexander tried to attack him.. Michael hesitated. Hesitating in front of emotionless soldiers..isn't exactly a good thing.

A hit in his arm, a small scream of pain, and the blonde prince nearly collapsed, but Alexander caught him with his right arm, pressing the pistol against his temple...bringing the situation to a standstill again. The only one close enough to act was the purple haired princess..but her wounded leg enormously reduced her possibility of movement..and if she wasn't completely heartless, she probably wasn't going to condemn Michael to death immediately.. hopefully. Her older half-brother continued to breathe shallowly, seemingly near unconscious, as Alexander looked at the others, with his now bored expression. "Prince Rache.. Lise...Princess Antonia.. if I might ask...why exactly are you trying to interfere?", Alexander said in a voice colder than ice, pressing the pistol even harder against poor Michael's head.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri May 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Alexander remained quiet to Elaine's desperate cries, continuing to stay like that, with his pistols ready. The white haired boy remained just as quiet as Prince Rache spoke to him, not moving an inch.. but he seemed to be hesitating. Still, as he was the one with the guns there.. or at least, the one with the most guns.. the situation seemed to be locked in a stalemate. Slightly quivering, Michael continued to stand like a shield in front of his sister.. even if he was unsure about why he was doing it. Under normal circumstances, he would have simply stepped aside...after all, he would have really enjoyed to see her suffer a little.. but for some reason..for some reason..he just.. he just couldn't. He felt.. as if he had to protect her..no matter of what happened.

Meanwhile, Lise quietly agreed to Rache's plan..and when he gave the start..both of them started to run towards Alexander. The wounded prince, with one eye unable to see, missed a few precious moments until when he noticed what had happened, delaying his reaction. For a moment there, the purple-red eyed prince seemed to try to turn around towards the incoming attackers, but while rushing towards him, the blonde knight fired her pistol, and a precise shot hit Alexander's left hand, making him drop one of his pistols. But as good as Rache's plan was..it was built on a few false assumptions. And that was truly shown when instead of focusing on Lise or Rache, the white haired boy simply turned around, attacking the weakest link of this entire plan. Michael.

The blood-red eyed boy had remained there, fully knowing that with the wound that Elaine had, they was no chance for them to escape. But Alexander suddenly turning around to attack him took him completely by surprise. Under normal circumstances.. the two boys would have been on the same level. But even if Alexander was now missing an eye..Michael was perhaps in an even worse situation, with his right arm basically useless, and with his heart and all the effort that he had made having weakened him a lot, as proven by the shallow way in which he was trying to breathe.. and of course, Elaine's brother had quickly noticed that. And as Alexander tried to attack him.. Michael hesitated. Hesitating in front of emotionless soldiers..isn't exactly a good thing.

A hit in his arm, a small scream of pain, and the blonde prince nearly collapsed, but Alexander caught him with his right arm, pressing the pistol against his temple...bringing the situation to a standstill again. The only one close enough to act was the purple haired princess..but her wounded leg enormously reduced her possibility of movement..and if she wasn't completely heartless, she probably wasn't going to condemn Michael to death immediately.. hopefully. Her older half-brother continued to breathe shallowly, seemingly near unconscious, as Alexander looked at the others, with his now bored expression. "Prince Rache.. Lise...Princess Antonia.. if I might ask...why exactly are you trying to interfere?", Alexander said in a voice colder than ice, pressing the pistol even harder against poor Michael's head.

Everything happened so quickly, Elaine barely had time to understand what was happening. She could only watch in near slow motion as Lise and Rache moved to overwhelm her brother, flinching at the sound of a gunshot, watching as the bullet hit his hand and forced the release of one of his pistols. She continued to sit witness as another gunshot rang through the air, much closer now, and as Michael yelped in pain. He'd shot him in the arm. Elaine was speechless as Alexander approached and pressed his pistol to Michael's temple, her breath catching in her throat. It felt impossible that this could be happening...there was no way any of this was real...there was no way...not the building collapsing, not Michael helping her in the debris, not the shrapnel stuck in her leg. She would wake up soon and none of this would've happened. She would wake up unharmed, and so would Michael and Alexander. But...it was far too real. The more she willed it, the more she knew that this was reality. Her heart began to pound faster, but she didn't know what to do...how could you negotiate with someone like this? What could you say? Not knowing what else to do, she gripped Alexander's ankle, not so much as an attempt to trip him as it was to get his attention. "What do you want!? Why are you doing this, Alex?! Can you atleast tell me!? Don't I deserve to know!?" She was thoroughly upset in more than one way. "You don't have to do this, whatever it is; we can work it out...just tell me what's wrong..!"

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Sat May 13, 2017 4:02 am

Rache

I curse at myself for my shortsightedness, the fact I oversaw something so obvious plays to the fact my mind must still be out of it or I am losing my touch. Of course if he was willing to point a gun at his own sister he would move to take a hostage, even if it is his own brother. I will have to apologize for my failures later, but perhaps working in a situation like this under such short notice caused me to overlook a few risks. "Why me and Lise would interfere Prince Alexander? Given how you were pointing a weapon at your own sister and now have one against your brother's head I wonder why the two of us would interfere old friend." I remark tartly. "Elaine is your sister and I still remember when you were here how you were about her. How close the two of you were at times." I then give a polite nod to Antonia. For now I will have to hope we can talk him out of it, or at least draw this out as long as possible until a gap is made, given his injuries it should be possible to wait him out, knowing some people present though that seems unlikely, but at least Dietrich can't make anything worse. Though on the other hand he would have been a good distraction. If we can keep him talking or just keep him there a solution will happen eventually. That is why I will say anything that can slow him down, anything to distract him.

At Princess Elaine's cries I nod a little. "I think you should answer her old friend. If not for anything else it is because Elaine deserves to know." I am unsure if Alexander will actually do so but anything to draw this engagement out. That and I would like to hear his reasons too.

Maria

I return to Flavia and Anastasia with some more medical supplies. "Got some more supplies Flavia."

Flavia nods. "Set them somewhere I can see."

"Speaking of seeing I also found these." I take out some emergency stick flares. "Perhaps these will be useful."

Flavia nods again. "Light one up and set it on that rock." She gestures to one close by. "It may attract other students to our position and we can distribute medical aid."

"Or whoever blew up the building." I remark.

Flavia checks her pistol and smiles. "If they are I will know." I nod back and I head to the rock and light one off.

We here a series of gunshots and Anastasia struggles to get up but it seems to be taking a lot of effort out of her. "I'll handle it Anastasia." I tell her. "How long do I have doc?"

"Thirty minutes, give or take."

"Good enough for me." I take off running in the direction the shots came out of. I reach where I can only assume the shots were fired at and see some injured boy holding the Tracian crown prince hostage. The Exilvanians are also here. Judging by how close they are Prince Rache and that Lise girl tried something but it clearly failed. I don't join them but I stay in the shadows. If ideal conditions are met the hostile will be neutralized and everyone saved. If not the survival of Prince Rache is the priority. I feel in the pocket of my coat to see what I have, a bag of marbles, no use here, a couple clips of ammo, still no use unless this devolves into a firefight, and one of those flares. The flare will be useful if I want to create a distraction. But this can't go on too long or the drugs will wear off. I start moving in the shadows, making use of my opponent's bad eye to help mask my movements. I need to be ready to make my move so I move to try to get behind him. Even if the drugs wear off I will push my body as much as I can. The Fourth Empress' orders are absolute. I shake my head though in a bit of annoyance, if Anastasia were here she could just snipe that gun out of his hand.

Anastasia

"I should be there. I should be protecting him." I mutter to myself. "What kind of Serventi am I?" I ask myself.

"One who can barely walk." Flavia answers, sorting through the medical supplies. She is right of course so I look away and see Slaine, now fully awake and staring at the ceiling.

"How are you holding up Slaine?" I ask, making small talk. Something I am not the best at but I need to do something to stave off my frustration with myself.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Sat May 13, 2017 4:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat May 13, 2017 4:58 am

Well this situation surely was interesting. A hostage situation. Now the question was wether her gun could punch right through Michael and still hit Prince Alexander. She didn't quite trust her shooting skills enough to believe that she could hit Alexander without hitting the hostage. However, seeing nobody else moving in for more hostile actions towards Prince Alexander apart from pointing weapons at him, she instead decided to answer his question.

"I care very little wether you blow that boy's head of. What I care much more about is the fact that you've been gone for quite a while. And coincidentally, when you reappear our building gets hit by a big explosion and in the rubble of the building we find you again. And the first action of yours is to point guns at your family and at everyone else with whom you've been together for a while.

Without proper distance or knowledge of the background for these actions, I consider them irrational and fear that this irrationality might endanger a couple too many people here for my liking. Hence why I am now pointing a gun at you.

But if your words suggest something then that there's some sort of misunderstanding here. Care to elaborate on it? With our current knowledge of the situation, pointing weapons at you still is the most reasonable option."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu May 18, 2017 9:03 am

The white haired prince remained quiet for a while, ignoring Elaine's cries, continuing to press the pistol against Michael's temple. As blood started to drip over the ground from Alexander's wounded hand, the blood-red eyed boy seemed to be desperately trying to remain conscious, breathing shallowly and rapidly. A few tense moments passed, but even if he was stuck in such a situation, even if his sister was gripping his ankle..the purple-red eyed prince remained with the same expression on his face, so similar to Slaine's.. but also so different. Alexander seemed to be bored to death by this..and his opened right eye was giving no indications about what he might be thinking about or looking at..even the eyes of a dead fish could have probably been more expressive than that. Eventually though...the boy sighed..and in a rather violent attempt to break Elaine's grip on his ankle...the purple eyed girl was suddenly brutally hit by the back of the prince's leather boot.

Ignoring her, Alexander focused his attention on the others. "The reasons behind your interference are way beyond my power of understanding.. Knight Lise, just as Prince Michael over here are relatively close to committing high treason here.. although Prince Michael might be excused due to his mental condition. As for you, Prince Rache, I can not comprehend the reasons behind your actions. But I would appreciate it if you could stop calling me an.. old friend. It's disgusting." And the white haired boy sighed again. "That.. that whore doesn't need to know anything. I must admit that seeing her has made me so angry that I lost control over myself..I will of course, be punished for that. But the situation got a little out of control, and after seeing the unnecessary action that Prince Michael has done, punishing him a little has become a necessity. I do believe that this situation can still end peacefully though." Alexander looked back at Rache. "It would have been really nice to be able to shoot and kill her right there and right then..but it seems that this stain on the honor of my bloodline must still exist for a little. Father would probably still want to use her for her blood, for a political marriage, maybe. Or maybe, and that would be pretty ironic to watch, he could force Michael to marry her as a punishment But still, I acknowledge my mistake and my moment of weakness. As such, if you would be nice enough as to not shoot me, I can just leave. And you can keep Michael with you, this bastard could just die, and I have no other use for him. What do you say, Prince Rache?", Alexander asked, with the same cold and hollow calmness, before he looked at Princess Antonia, with the same uncaring expression on his face.

"I do not see how my departure or my arrival could be relevant in any way. I am not directly connected with the explosions that affected this building, although I do have my suspicions about who might be behind this. Still, accusing me of having something to do with this is pretty stupid.. common sense would dictate that blowing up a building you are in would be pretty counterintuitive..and since acting on my own has generally only brought me trouble, I can ensure you that I did not think about anything like this. Finding me in the rubble is once again, not surprising. It would be an easy logic deduction that since I was in the building at the time of the explosion.. I would have fallen together with everyone else. As such, I am unfortunately unable to comprehend the reasons behind you caring so much about this. And I have explained the rest. Me pointing a gun at that bitch was just me losing control for a moment.. and the rest was just me trying to ensure my survival in a situation that got out of control. The prince remained quiet for a few moments. "As such, my proposal remains. We can either end this peacefully, leaving everyone to mind their own business.. or we can do it in a violent manner..I don't care anyway.."

The sound of blades hitting other blades. Flashes of red and black. Two blonde boys fighting, red eyes looking into blue eyes...blood.. and then it was cold..the pain...and then the dull and constant sound of artillery..the unmistakable whistle of the laser guns, and the sounds of the kinetic weapons. The desperate struggle of trying to move through the mud, and the piles of bodies everywhere, the stench of death..all those times when he felt the insanity creeping closer and closer..being forced through all of that suffering.. without even remembering the reason behind it..finding hope in banishing all emotions deep inside his heart, following orders, and letting the blood lust take over..

The blonde boy suddenly woke up, breathing heavily, trying to calm himself down. However, it seemed that the others had noticed that he was awake, and when Anastasia spoke to him, he slowly tried to stand up, leaning against the pile of rubble behind him. Slaine closed his eyes for a few moments, desperately trying to leave that moment of weakness behind, still tormented by some vague remains of a nightmare he had already started to forget.. before he looked back at the Elysian Serventi.. with his hollow, blue-green eyes..their emptiness and his blank expression hiding what he was feeling, as always. "Pretty well, considering the situation in which we are in.. ", the blue eyed boy answered in a rather bitter voice...before remaining quiet again. It was rather obvious that the Thracian soldier was just as bad at making small talk as Anastasia..but his past had made him pretty perceptive at the feelings of other people, even if he was normally unable to understand them..but having heard the exchange between Anastasia and Flavia earlier, Slaine tried to ask something. "Why are you so frustrated?", he asked out of a sudden.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu May 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Rache

I click my tongue in annoyance, there are few choices left and none of them ending into the resolution that I would want. Despite his state of mind I do not want to turn Alexander into a fratricide so I can't move to stop him. For now there isn't much to lose by letting him go. "Dammit." I mumble and I give a defeated sigh. "Very well Prince Alexander, let Prince Michael and Princess Elaine go with no more harm done to them and I will not do anything to prevent you from leaving." I tell him, making clear they both stay, if he tries to take Elaine or kill her I will act. Alexander is not in his right mind so I cannot let him take or kill the sister who mattered a lot to him at one point, I can't out of the friendship that once existed and because my morals will not allow it. "Anything more than that can be dealt with on another day. Provided we both live until that point." Dammit, ancestors damn it all. Alexander is so close yet his mind is clearly wrong. I will have to update the Serventi I sent to look for him after this.

I try to think back to any time I have seen something similar and the closest I have seen was a prisoner subjected to a neural override by House Serus' labs and how they were after programming. This makes clear how indepth the brainwashing was. If it is reversible I will have to take up with Empress Serus and Emperor Gadeon, Ancestors know they are both brilliant in subjects like that.

Maria

I almost want to groan from the shadows but that will give me away. The Crown Prince is correct of course, well more than correct letting him go is part of his character. He would want to save the hostages. My mind starts working on a plan. Perhaps as Alexander leaves I can intercept him. I'm starting to feel pain again which means the medicine must be wearing off which means stopping him is a gamble, if my body holds up I should be able to do it but if this goes on too much longer my body will fail me. Even with my endurance training this will be much harder. So I sit patiently and wait and see what happens next. Perhaps though if he tries anything I will have to save the girl. Alexander seems to be driven to kill her.
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Thu May 18, 2017 12:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Thu May 18, 2017 7:39 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:The white haired prince remained quiet for a while, ignoring Elaine's cries, continuing to press the pistol against Michael's temple. As blood started to drip over the ground from Alexander's wounded hand, the blood-red eyed boy seemed to be desperately trying to remain conscious, breathing shallowly and rapidly. A few tense moments passed, but even if he was stuck in such a situation, even if his sister was gripping his ankle..the purple-red eyed prince remained with the same expression on his face, so similar to Slaine's.. but also so different. Alexander seemed to be bored to death by this..and his opened right eye was giving no indications about what he might be thinking about or looking at..even the eyes of a dead fish could have probably been more expressive than that. Eventually though...the boy sighed..and in a rather violent attempt to break Elaine's grip on his ankle...the purple eyed girl was suddenly brutally hit by the back of the prince's leather boot.

Ignoring her, Alexander focused his attention on the others. "The reasons behind your interference are way beyond my power of understanding.. Knight Lise, just as Prince Michael over here are relatively close to committing high treason here.. although Prince Michael might be excused due to his mental condition. As for you, Prince Rache, I can not comprehend the reasons behind your actions. But I would appreciate it if you could stop calling me an.. old friend. It's disgusting." And the white haired boy sighed again. "That.. that whore doesn't need to know anything. I must admit that seeing her has made me so angry that I lost control over myself..I will of course, be punished for that. But the situation got a little out of control, and after seeing the unnecessary action that Prince Michael has done, punishing him a little has become a necessity. I do believe that this situation can still end peacefully though." Alexander looked back at Rache. "It would have been really nice to be able to shoot and kill her right there and right then..but it seems that this stain on the honor of my bloodline must still exist for a little. Father would probably still want to use her for her blood, for a political marriage, maybe. Or maybe, and that would be pretty ironic to watch, he could force Michael to marry her as a punishment But still, I acknowledge my mistake and my moment of weakness. As such, if you would be nice enough as to not shoot me, I can just leave. And you can keep Michael with you, this bastard could just die, and I have no other use for him. What do you say, Prince Rache?", Alexander asked, with the same cold and hollow calmness, before he looked at Princess Antonia, with the same uncaring expression on his face.

"I do not see how my departure or my arrival could be relevant in any way. I am not directly connected with the explosions that affected this building, although I do have my suspicions about who might be behind this. Still, accusing me of having something to do with this is pretty stupid.. common sense would dictate that blowing up a building you are in would be pretty counterintuitive..and since acting on my own has generally only brought me trouble, I can ensure you that I did not think about anything like this. Finding me in the rubble is once again, not surprising. It would be an easy logic deduction that since I was in the building at the time of the explosion.. I would have fallen together with everyone else. As such, I am unfortunately unable to comprehend the reasons behind you caring so much about this. And I have explained the rest. Me pointing a gun at that bitch was just me losing control for a moment.. and the rest was just me trying to ensure my survival in a situation that got out of control. The prince remained quiet for a few moments. "As such, my proposal remains. We can either end this peacefully, leaving everyone to mind their own business.. or we can do it in a violent manner..I don't care anyway.."

In an instant, Elaine's resolve to fix the issue disappeared. His kick had worked; the moment his boot made contact with her, she let go. It was too bad that his heel made contact with her nose, and while there was no audible crack, her nose did begin to bleed. It was easy to tell, if one looked, that he hadn't broken her nose...but he had split the skin open. She didn't move for a moment after he'd kicked her away, many thoughts racing through her mind. Why? Why didn't he care about her anymore? Why didn't he care if he hurt her or not? What had they told him to make him loathe her so? To make him want to hurt her? To kill her, even? She was experiencing a lot of pain, that was for sure, but the majority of it was emotional. Her heart ached with betrayal and hurt, and she bit her lip as she fought back tears. His name-calling, though, his insults, his carelessness for her; it cut her up more than any of the recent things she'd been through had. He was her brother... she'd used to love him more than anyone else in the world, he'd been the only one to listen to her, and now...

She swallowed the lump in her throat and sat up. She had to remember that this boy was not her brother, not anymore. The boy she'd known, the one she'd loved, the one that'd loved her back, the one that'd been by her side for most of her life, was gone. He'd died a long time ago, and she'd watched it. He'd died back when he was abducted by her own Empire. Now, he was only the shell of a human. She doubted he was fixable, because he wasn't quite the same as Slaine was. There was something clearly, deeply wrong with him. It was something new; it was something more horrible then anything they'd done to Slaine...but what? What could be worse? Curiosity told her to find out, but common sense decided it wasn't smart to ask a homicidal person something so personal. How incredibly ironic it was that she was more afraid of her brother than she was of Michael now. "Just...let him go." She spoke, watching the back of Alexander's head, not bothering to fix her nosebleed. "If you do, none of this has to end violently...you're the one that's escalated this whole issue..." She frowned, and with great struggle, she managed to pull herself to her feet. It hurt like hell, but she didn't want to appear weak and fragile on the ground. Not anymore. "...now let him go...but why the hell do you hate me so much all of a sudden?" She asked, anger and many other mixed emotions finally letting her force the words out. She was angry. Why did he have to make her feel like this? Why did he have to make her hate herself more than she did? Why did he have to make her feel like such a mistake within seconds? Where did all of the familial love and care go? "What the hell happened to you, huh!? Why did you come here in the first place!?" She asked, her voice escalating. "What, to kill me!? To harm me!? Then do it, goddammit, I'm tired of waiting! I'm wide open for it! I'm standing right here! Or what, did father send you, huh!? To take me back home!? Do it, then! I think we all deserve a more clear explanation as to why the hell you came here, and why you're so upset over my simple presence!?" She'd balled up her fists by now, tears lining her eyes. "Just do whatever you're meant to do, but leave your half-brother out of it!"

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Fri May 19, 2017 1:05 pm

"Of course that I am going to let him go. Thank you for your understanding, Prince Rache.", Alexander said in a calm and rather formal manner, answering to both his sister and the Elysian prince. But then, as Elaine started to speak, the white haired boy continued to press his pistol against the temple of his older half-brother, listening with a rather bored expression.."Why do I hate you out of a sudden? Let's just say that I have found out what you have done.. who could have ever imagined it, right? Father has explained all of it to me...and to think that I have loved you.. that I trusted you..I never imagined that my own sister was the one that did it. But it all makes sense now.. so what else could I feel, but hate and anger? What else would you expect me to feel? How do you even dare to ask me that?", the purple-eyed boy replied, gradually getting angrier and angrier. But even then, and even if Elaine was unable to see it.. his eyes remained dead and empty. ""What happened to me?.. a lot of things. I don't even expect you to understand...you never would. You've always lived such a nice life.. you have no idea what pain and suffering is..always stuck inside your little drama bubble. You think that you're experiencing such a tragedy..but you do not know what true agony is. Why did I come here? To follow my orders. It's not my particular fault that the building exploded and that I was caught in here with you..and upon seeing you, I just lost control over myself.. little traitorous whores like you do unfortunately have that effect on me. And after seeing what you did to Prince Michael over here, I decided that eliminating you would have been the best course of action. Before you manage to corrupt someone else And who do you think you are, to speak with me like that? You have no power over me, you little bitch. Know your place. If I will ever be ordered to kill you, then believe me, I will, without any hesitation..and I hope that the Gods will give you a death that will be as painful as possible."

Suddenly, Alexander turned around, still keeping Michael in his grip, looking at Elaine with his undamaged eye. "Father had indeed ordered me to bring you home, but luckily for you, Prince Michael over here has managed to change our father's mind.. so you can remain here, for now. You should thank him for that. And with this, my job here is over." The white haired prince finally let go of Michael, and the red eyed boy tried to remain standing for a moment, before he suddenly fell.. right on the purple eyed girl that was standing in front of him, taking her down with him. Without the slightest change in his expression, Alexander made a step forward, stopping for a little..trying to say something..something that just Elaine, and well, the rather unconscious Michael would have been able to hear..but he hesitated. "I'm...", Alexander started to say..changing his mind. "Goodbye."

And with that, Elaine's older brother left, disappearing in the darkness, leaving his near unconscious half-brother fallen over his wounded sister, without the slightest hint of remorse..

Taigawa
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Fri May 19, 2017 1:40 pm

Kayla

The Asari had used her ability to create a barrier around herself when the building had been destroyed. While this allowed her to survive, it resulted in her being trapped in a roughly spherical chamber, with only a shaft of light illuminating her prison. The rubble was unstable, but the shaft offered her some ray of hope. She stood in the center of the chamber, and called out "I am trapped here. I need help!"
Amerila

The tigress awoke with a shard of glass impaling her, though fortunetly missing anything vital. Although trained by the Honor Guard, nothing prepared her for this. She refused to move anything but her tail as she called out "Help me! I need a medic now, I have been hurt badly! Please come at once!" Then she just lay there, silently offering prayers to the Creator.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
Neyla is the only character to ever embarress Kyoki. All Forum 7 Characters
24 years old and female.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri May 19, 2017 5:20 pm

Prince Alexander's explanation didn't sound too kosher to both Antonia and Etheltryth but neither of them really had the nerve to explain it to him as he clearly seemed to have done something to his head. So Antonia merely shrugged it off, threw the gun behind her, the sound indicating that she hit Dietrich's head again.

Turning towards the Elysians, Antonia asked:

"Should I have him killed right now? He doesn't have a hostage anymore and I am sure Etheltryth would love to cut him wide open. You would, wouldn't you Etheltryth?"

She shouted up towards the pile of rubble upon which Etheltryth still spent her time dancing around and kick debris down onto Dietrich's torso. She paused for a moment weighing wether it was worth the effort for her to have some fun. Then again, this here could have diplomatic consequences so all actions had to be carefully considered wether they could damage the intergalactic reputation of the Exilvanian Border Empire. And killing and mutilating a Thracian Prince who was also well known to the Elysian Ex-Emperor or whatever his title was, damn, Dietrich is the one to know this shit, wouldn't exactly leae a good impression.

"I apologize my Prinzessin but I must decline. As much as I'd love to, there is more at stake here.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri May 19, 2017 5:36 pm

Anastasia

Flavia doesn't answer Slaine and instead checks her pistol. "I'm going to get Princess Rain." She tells us and she heads off into the ruins.

I prop myself up against a rock with a grunt, taking care not to move my head too much as per Flavia's instructions. I mull over my answer to Slaine's question, figuring I have not answered it long enough, and a bit surprised he is asking something given what I know of him. "If you are referring to Flavia's frustration do not pay her much mind. She dislikes using her powers and is annoyed when her patients are too stubborn." I shrug, "Can't blame her too much honestly, given the students of this academy reading their minds must be quite horrifying." I sigh. "Now if you are speaking of my frustration I will agree that yes I am frustrated. My master is off searching these ruins with your sister without me, all because my injuries prevent me from being by his side. Even Maria is able to run around." I sigh again. "But let me put it this way: I am a Serventi yet I am unable to be beside my master, something that I have been raised to think as unacceptable. It is almost agonizing. The Serventi... we are raised from birth to obey our masters and to find joy in it. My mother literally beat that philosophy into me everyday. She always called me a subpar Serventi and an insult to my masters and would beat me or stab me with knives for my faults, over and over until my bones broke and I had to crawl and if my blood was spilled in her beatings she would go ballistic. Almost every day this happened. All to make me a 'better Serventi'. She would be beating me now for failure, my injuries be damned, if Rache hadn't forbidden it when he found out." I squeeze my eyes shut, inhale, and exhale, I can't afford hysterics over my mother, not now. "Apologies, while I had been unconscious I had remembered those times and they have been on my mind lately. Mother was quite thorough in her training. Though Serventi are indoctrinated for absolute loyalty since birth." I know my state and what goes on with the Serventi but this is my place in society so I do not mind, it serves a higher purpose.

Flavia

I am prowling through the ruins, using my memory to navigate back to Rain. When I pass a pile of rubble I head someone yelling for a medic and I focus my mind. There is a barrier, holding the rubble back but it won't be able to last forever. There is two people in there, both are conscious as far as I can read "Can you hear me? I ask their minds. "You do not need to speak, you just need to think. I will try to get you out of there as fast as I can remove the rubble, do what you can to maintain the barrier." I raise my hand and start moving the rubble aside with my mind.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Fri May 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Anastasia

Flavia doesn't answer Slaine and instead checks her pistol. "I'm going to get Princess Rain." She tells us and she heads off into the ruins.

I prop myself up against a rock with a grunt, taking care not to move my head too much as per Flavia's instructions. I mull over my answer to Slaine's question, figuring I have not answered it long enough, and a bit surprised he is asking something given what I know of him. "If you are referring to Flavia's frustration do not pay her much mind. She dislikes using her powers and is annoyed when her patients are too stubborn." I shrug, "Can't blame her too much honestly, given the students of this academy reading their minds must be quite horrifying." I sigh. "Now if you are speaking of my frustration I will agree that yes I am frustrated. My master is off searching these ruins with your sister without me, all because my injuries prevent me from being by his side. Even Maria is able to run around." I sigh again. "But let me put it this way: I am a Serventi yet I am unable to be beside my master, something that I have been raised to think as unacceptable. It is almost agonizing. The Serventi... we are raised from birth to obey our masters and to find joy in it. My mother literally beat that philosophy into me everyday. She always called me a subpar Serventi and an insult to my masters and would beat me or stab me with knives for my faults, over and over until my bones broke and I had to crawl and if my blood was spilled in her beatings she would go ballistic. Almost every day this happened. All to make me a 'better Serventi'. She would be beating me now for failure, my injuries be damned, if Rache hadn't forbidden it when he found out." I squeeze my eyes shut, inhale, and exhale, I can't afford hysterics over my mother, not now. "Apologies, while I had been unconscious I had remembered those times and they have been on my mind lately. Mother was quite thorough in her training. Though Serventi are indoctrinated for absolute loyalty since birth." I know my state and what goes on with the Serventi but this is my place in society so I do not mind, it serves a higher purpose.

Flavia

I am prowling through the ruins, using my memory to navigate back to Rain. When I pass a pile of rubble I head someone yelling for a medic and I focus my mind. There is a barrier, holding the rubble back but it won't be able to last forever. There is two people in there, both are conscious as far as I can read "Can you hear me? I ask their minds. "You do not need to speak, you just need to think. I will try to get you out of there as fast as I can remove the rubble, do what you can to maintain the barrier." I raise my hand and start moving the rubble aside with my mind.

This would result in a mental check by Kayla. Although she was still a maiden stage Asari, she could still tell when a message was harmless. She replied mentally, My barrier won't hold forever. I can't keep this channel open very long or it will fall, I must focus to maintain the barrier.
Tier 1, primarily anthro nation inspired by Halo, Mass Effect, and Asian culture. NS Stats are irrelevent to The Ecumene.

Alert Status
[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] Alert Status: 1- Total War Declared- Use of WMDs is authorized
24 years old and female.

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Fri May 19, 2017 6:20 pm

Rache

I sigh as I watch Alexander leave, "No Princess Antonia. Killing him will serve no cause at the moment and to be frank given how injured a lot of us are I have had enough." I turn my head to Lise. "Lise you grab Elaine and move her back to the others, I will grab Michael."

"I will help. A familiar voice says, emerging from the shadows I see Maria looking fairly weak on her knees.

"Good to see you are up Maria."

"For now sire. I wanted to pursue Alexander but I fear the meds are wearing off too quickly for me to be of much use there. So we need to move them back before I collapse myself."

"Very well, help me move Prince Michael. Maybe Etheltryth could 'accidentally' dig out Dietrich in the meantime." I add that last part dryly.

Flavia

I could probably maintain the channel myself but given my disdain for my powers and my desire to get them out as quickly as possible I agree and stop communicating. I focus on removing the rubble and soon most of it is cleared away and I can see them underneath. After I remove the rubble that can bring them harm, leaving only small bits and pieces, my hand falls to my side and I fall to my knees. I exhale the breath I had kept down for so long and start taking deep breaths. I may curse my father's name for the rest of my days but his experiments have been useful. "There... we... go." I say between breaths. The mental strain of all of this is starting to get to me.

Taigawa
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Taigawa » Fri May 19, 2017 6:29 pm

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Rache

I sigh as I watch Alexander leave, "No Princess Antonia. Killing him will serve no cause at the moment and to be frank given how injured a lot of us are I have had enough." I turn my head to Lise. "Lise you grab Elaine and move her back to the others, I will grab Michael."

"I will help. A familiar voice says, emerging from the shadows I see Maria looking fairly weak on her knees.

"Good to see you are up Maria."

"For now sire. I wanted to pursue Alexander but I fear the meds are wearing off too quickly for me to be of much use there. So we need to move them back before I collapse myself."

"Very well, help me move Prince Michael. Maybe Etheltryth could 'accidentally' dig out Dietrich in the meantime." I add that last part dryly.

Flavia

I could probably maintain the channel myself but given my disdain for my powers and my desire to get them out as quickly as possible I agree and stop communicating. I focus on removing the rubble and soon most of it is cleared away and I can see them underneath. After I remove the rubble that can bring them harm, leaving only small bits and pieces, my hand falls to my side and I fall to my knees. I exhale the breath I had kept down for so long and start taking deep breaths. I may curse my father's name for the rest of my days but his experiments have been useful. "There... we... go." I say between breaths. The mental strain of all of this is starting to get to me.

Kayla relieved, and destroyed her barrier, resulting in the collapse of the rest of her former prison. "I am safe, think the goddess!" She declared, climbing out of her hole.
-------
Amerila remained where she was, half-buried, too afraid to move lest the glass that impaled her body shift and endanger her life. The tigress screamed on pain, before crying.

Alert Status
24 years old and female.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Fri May 19, 2017 7:18 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:"Of course that I am going to let him go. Thank you for your understanding, Prince Rache.", Alexander said in a calm and rather formal manner, answering to both his sister and the Elysian prince. But then, as Elaine started to speak, the white haired boy continued to press his pistol against the temple of his older half-brother, listening with a rather bored expression.."Why do I hate you out of a sudden? Let's just say that I have found out what you have done.. who could have ever imagined it, right? Father has explained all of it to me...and to think that I have loved you.. that I trusted you..I never imagined that my own sister was the one that did it. But it all makes sense now.. so what else could I feel, but hate and anger? What else would you expect me to feel? How do you even dare to ask me that?", the purple-eyed boy replied, gradually getting angrier and angrier. But even then, and even if Elaine was unable to see it.. his eyes remained dead and empty. ""What happened to me?.. a lot of things. I don't even expect you to understand...you never would. You've always lived such a nice life.. you have no idea what pain and suffering is..always stuck inside your little drama bubble. You think that you're experiencing such a tragedy..but you do not know what true agony is. Why did I come here? To follow my orders. It's not my particular fault that the building exploded and that I was caught in here with you..and upon seeing you, I just lost control over myself.. little traitorous whores like you do unfortunately have that effect on me. And after seeing what you did to Prince Michael over here, I decided that eliminating you would have been the best course of action. Before you manage to corrupt someone else And who do you think you are, to speak with me like that? You have no power over me, you little bitch. Know your place. If I will ever be ordered to kill you, then believe me, I will, without any hesitation..and I hope that the Gods will give you a death that will be as painful as possible."

Suddenly, Alexander turned around, still keeping Michael in his grip, looking at Elaine with his undamaged eye. "Father had indeed ordered me to bring you home, but luckily for you, Prince Michael over here has managed to change our father's mind.. so you can remain here, for now. You should thank him for that. And with this, my job here is over." The white haired prince finally let go of Michael, and the red eyed boy tried to remain standing for a moment, before he suddenly fell.. right on the purple eyed girl that was standing in front of him, taking her down with him. Without the slightest change in his expression, Alexander made a step forward, stopping for a little..trying to say something..something that just Elaine, and well, the rather unconscious Michael would have been able to hear..but he hesitated. "I'm...", Alexander started to say..changing his mind. "Goodbye."

And with that, Elaine's older brother left, disappearing in the darkness, leaving his near unconscious half-brother fallen over his wounded sister, without the slightest hint of remorse..

At the news that Alexander was going to release Michael, Elaine almost let out a sigh of relief--but she hesitated. He wasn't done speaking, and he hadn't released Michael yet, either. While he wasn't facing her, she now realized that he was addressing her. He spoke that he'd figured out what she'd done, but she was confused. What? What did he learn? What did they tell him she'd done? Hearing that it'd come from her father...she knew it was nothing true, nothing good. It was to something specific, too--but...what? He continued, his ferocity, his pent-up anger seeping into his tone. He began to direct insults at her, to downplay her pain, what she'd been through. He claimed she'd done something to Michael. He said he'd be willing to kill her, and that he wished she would die as painful a death as her body would allow. It stung, all of it. Every namecall, every insult, they all felt like she was being pelted by small blades that cut her skin open. They were wounds you couldn't see on her body. It all had the desired effect on her that he'd wanted. She was hurt, she was angry...she wanted to tell him that if it hadn't been for Slaine's good timing, she would've only been another broken body among the rubble. What would he say then?

Face me! She wanted to yell, to scream, to shake his shoulders and force him to look her in the eyes. Look at me, turn to me, let me know you're serious! Show me that you mean it, all of it! She balled up her fists, seething with anger, tears still threatening to escape her eyes. There were so many things she wanted to say to him...and it was then that he turned to look at her. Her heart shuddered; it was almost like he'd read her mind. He explained that he had been ordered to bring her home, but it was Michael that'd changed such a fate. What..? She thought, bewildered. But...he'd been the one who'd wanted to take me back...what caused such a sudden change of thought..? She wanted to ask, but it was then that he let go of Michael, that of whom was only able to stand on his own for a moment before he collapsed onto the Thracian princess, sending her back to the dusty floor with his unconscious self. Luckily, while it had caused an immense amount of pain in her injured leg, she'd been able to break his fall. She only watched as Alexander began to say something before he changed his mind and turned to leave. As she held her half-brother in her arms, she was overwhelmed with anger. She was angry because of how careless he was, and she was hurt that her own brother was able to say those things right in front of her. It made her heart ache.

The tears finally spilled out onto her cheeks, creating clear trails through the layer of dust on her face. She could still hear all the names in her ears, the cold tone he'd used, especially about the mention of killing her. She wanted to hate him...she wanted to hate him so much, but she couldn't. Even if the brother she'd known was gone, the shell that existed now and the boy that once was still held the same face. She couldn't help but let them meld together, let them become who he was now. It had been so easy to hate him when he'd left, but now...it was different. He was the one saying hurtful things to her, and it was so much worse than the first time. Before, it almost felt like he'd regretted the words; now, she could tell he meant them. He had the desire to hurt her. He knew nothing else. She wanted him to have his head bashed in with a piece of debris and she wanted him to run back to her and tell her how much he loved her all in the same moment. It never ceased to amaze her how hurt she could become by her siblings, even after all these years. Even after all the bullying, the deserting, the phases of ignoring...she could still be hurt so deeply. She nearly wished Slaine hadn't reached her in time as she fell from the roof. She almost wished she'd been able to throw herself into the sweet embrace of death, just to avoid this moment of betrayal and hatred. She wished she could've died knowing that her brother still loved her, atleast on some level.

It made her furious. It made her so angry that she'd gone through all of that, all the pain, the grief, worrying if he was dead or not just to come to this end. She couldn't have it; no, she wouldn't have it. She didn't care if he'd beat her into oblivion, if he'd break her bones, if he'd drag her back to her father; she didn't care if he forced her to get married to someone she didn't know, if he shot her, if he let her die from the bleeding of the wound in her leg...she couldn't be silent. She couldn't just let him leave satisfied. It wasn't in her blood, and it never would be. She wasn't built to be that way. "Coward!" She screamed after him, her tears staining her tone. "You're a coward! Say what you were going to say, yell it in my face! Goddammit, I want to hear you say it! Tell me how fucking hard you had it, how much I should pity you, huh!? Go on, tell me--keep telling me how fucking easy I have it! Keep telling me what a spoiled, rich, filthy whore I am! I want you to tell me! It would be a damn shame if you left anything out, don't you think!? I'm waiting! I'm open, I'm ready! I'm not entirely sure you hate me yet, so why don't you keep on with your insults, your name-calling!?" She shrieked, straining her voice, gripping the fabric of Michael's shirt as she yelled after her brother. She was angry. She was grieving. She wanted him to come back and slap her, to yell at her, to kick her; she wanted him to come back, to pull out his pistol, to shoot her in the shoulder as he had to Michael. She wanted to see him angry, to see him upset as he'd made her. "Goddammit!" She screamed, her lip quivering as her shoulders sagged, waiting in the silence for something, anything. More tears escaped as she waited longer, placing her forehead against her half-brother's chest in defeat. "Goddammit..." She whimpered softly, her emotions finally escaping. "...it isn't fair...it isn't fair...he...he always gets the last laugh..." She finished, staying there as she resisted her deep urge to cry harder than she was. She, at the very least, couldn't give him that. She refused to let him take her whole heart with him this time. She wouldn't survive if she did.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse