NATION

PASSWORD

FACILITY: A Survival Horror RP (OOC Thread)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu May 11, 2017 6:39 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
New Grestin wrote:The group is still in the area with the containment pods, which is where all the test subjects were being kept. Could just have him come out of one of the nearby rooms.

I'd recommend reading the IC for better context.

Is that how we're gonna bring in Grand Rifts character?

I would assume so.

You never did answer my question about who Grand Rift's character was. Can you shoot me the link?

Found it.
Last edited by New Grestin on Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Thu May 11, 2017 6:40 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Imperial Idaho wrote:Is that how we're gonna bring in Grand Rifts character?

I would assume so.

You never did answer my question about who Grand Rift's character was. Can you shoot me the link?

Bruh.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Thu May 11, 2017 6:43 pm

Icamera wrote:Name: Tom McClure
ID CODE: 1997 (DO NOT REMOVE)

Must've missed this.

ACCEPTED.

EDIT: Roster's updated. Sorry about the wait.
Last edited by New Grestin on Thu May 11, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Name: Jane Doe
Age: Unknown, all signs point to her being in her early twenties
Appearance:

Skills: Good medicine and healing knowledge, great intelligence and intuition, above average awareness and perception
Weaknesses: Amnesic, poor physical strength, very poor in social situations
Personality: Maybe in the past, in a different life, she was more outgoing. But losing her memories and being in this facility took a lot out of her, and now, she's very withdrawn and sometimes doesn't talk at all, being uneasy around others and awkward in social settings, and having a hard time making friends or trusting others. She considers herself a lone survivor, and it's going to take a lot to change that. The unease has also created anger at times, too, causing her to act out against others that she doesn't trust. But if you manage to win her over, she's not the type to turn her back later.
Biography: Someday, Jane Doe had a real name and a real life, and anyone who knows her medical skills would think that she was some kind of medical student or even some kind of doctor back before coming here. But somewhere along the way she lost her memory at this place and now there's only a few things that she knows about herself, and that anyone knows for that matter. Apparently she's from the USA and apparently she's from somewhere in the Midwest but she doesn't know too much more than that.

She managed to piece together from dreams and from meditating on the past that she grew up there and that she eventually was able to move out from her parents... But she doesn't know where, and assumed that it was college, medical school specifically. One thing that Jane never remembered was having friends, because her awkwardness also apparently goes back as far as her medical skills and her memories of growing up in the midwest. But someday she was brought here to the facility and unlike some of the others here, she was a testing subject, and the one thing that being a testing subject taught her was how to be a survivor and how to make the most of a terrible situation. And most importantly for her, how to survive while relying on herself and only herself, a skill that will be important in the future.
Roleplay Experience: Outbreak
don't tread on me

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Thu May 11, 2017 9:06 pm

This is long overdue and also a bit of a shitty app. Whatever though, I’ll try and make up for it with my actual posts.

Name: Leslie Murphy
Appearance: Leslie Murphy

Skills: Is a living encyclopedia, knowing information ranging from trivial to essential.
Weaknesses: Has weak legs after time in cryopod, knows nothing of her old life other than brief flashes, and often gets headaches.

Personality: Leslie shows a disconnect from reality, often missing social cues and misinterpreting intentions. She seems to be in her own world sometimes, spacing out during long conversations. Her mind is constantly ticking, and anxiety seems to ripple across her in a cascade. Leslie can seem ditzy, from not paying attention, but is otherwise at least moderately intelligent. She longs for human companionship, and believes that interaction with others is very important.

Biography: Leslie isn't sure of who she was before her experimentation. She can remember her time in the Facility itself, and the song Fly Me to the Moon has great meaning to her. She has a twinge of Southern in her accent, giving her knowledge that she at least used to live in the Southern USA. The only other thing Leslie remembers from her past life is a pair of brown work boots, an image she can't get out of her head.

Leslie remembers the rigorous testing they did on her. The eye exams. The reflex tests, that she failed at. She remembers the trivia questions they quizzed her on, the pencils she had used to bubble in answer sheets, she remembered the pens she had written her essays with. Most of all, she remembered how to put her new mind to good use. But she couldn't remember anything else.

Roleplay Experience: You know me.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Thu May 11, 2017 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu May 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:This is long overdue and also a bit of a shitty app. Whatever though, I’ll try and make up for it with my actual posts.

Name: Leslie Murphy
Appearance: Leslie Murphy
Skills: Is a living encyclopedia, knowing information ranging from trivial to essential.
Weaknesses: Has weak legs after time in cryopod, knows nothing of her old life other than brief flashes, and often gets headaches.
Personality: Leslie shows a disconnect from reality, often missing social cues and misinterpreting intentions. She seems to be in her own world sometimes, spacing out during long conversations. Her mind is constantly ticking, and anxiety seems to ripple across her in a cascade. Leslie can seem ditzy, from not paying attention, but is otherwise at least moderately intelligent. She longs for human companionship, and believes that interaction with others is very important.

Biography: Leslie isn't sure of who she was before her experimentation. She can remember her time in the Facility itself, and the song Fly Me to the Moon has great meaning to her. She has a twinge of Southern in her accent, giving her knowledge that she at least used to live in the Southern USA. The only other thing Leslie remembers from her past life is a pair of brown work boots, an image she can't get out of her head.

Leslie remembers the rigorous testing they did on her. The eye exams. The reflex tests, that she failed at. She remembers the trivia questions they quizzed her on, the pencils she had used to bubble in answer sheets, she remembered the pens she had written her essays with. Most of all, she remembered how to put her new mind to good use. But she couldn't remember anything else.

Roleplay Experience: You know me.

AXECCEPTED
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri May 12, 2017 11:41 am

Posted. Everyone should be able to collect their things from the supply room.

Try to keep things reasonable. The Vague Yet Menacing Government Agency™ would have confiscated any firearms.

Also, anyone not yet in the story, you can just come out of the room behind the man and the woman mentioned at the end of the last post, for the sake of convenience.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri May 12, 2017 11:42 am

Tag, I'm probably gonna get buggered by HAL 9000.2
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri May 12, 2017 11:43 am

Forest State wrote:Name: Jane Doe

AXECEPPTED

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Fri May 12, 2017 12:25 pm

New Grestin wrote:Posted. Everyone should be able to collect their things from the supply room.

Try to keep things reasonable. The Vague Yet Menacing Government Agency™ would have confiscated any firearms.

Also, anyone not yet in the story, you can just come out of the room behind the man and the woman mentioned at the end of the last post, for the sake of convenience.

I assume their clothes at in them aswell?
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri May 12, 2017 12:34 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Posted. Everyone should be able to collect their things from the supply room.

I assume their clothes at in them aswell?

Yep.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Fri May 12, 2017 12:36 pm

So should I have Jane wake up late and follow the others to the storage room or something? Or maybe be part of a different group entirely since she has memories of this place that the others don't have?
don't tread on me

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri May 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Wait this has started?

Tagging.
Yo, that's mad.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Fri May 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Forest State wrote:So should I have Jane wake up late and follow the others to the storage room or something? Or maybe be part of a different group entirely since she has memories of this place that the others don't have?

Whatever you think will be the most interesting.

I'd advise, for the sake of convenience, that he wakes up late and links up with the main group.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri May 12, 2017 6:22 pm

Name: Josephine "Jo" Marley
Appearance: Jo stands at 5ft 10 inches tall and is of an average/slim build. She has two identifying marks, one of which is of a long scar on the lower abdomen; an indication of a cesarean operation. The second identifying mark is a tattoo of a small handprint on the underside of the left-hand wrist with the words 'Hannah. Rest forever. 2012-2013', most likely the memoriam of a loved one.

Skills:
Medially Inclined: Though she may have forgotten many other things, the knowledge of the human body and how it works is something that has stuck with Jo, more relating to the area of skeletal and muscular system than anything else however.
Pragmatic Planner: Planning is her strong suit, Jo rarely does anything on a whim and prefers to meticulously map out a road ahead before taking it.
Logician: A fan of itemizing and itineraries, everything has a place and purpose in Jo's mind and she strives to seek out the most direct and logical solution to any problem or issue that may arise.

Weaknesses:
Weak: A frail frame and slightly nonathletic. Jo isn't physically unfit, but isn't exactly a track star runner either, she can barely lift her own bodyweight and is only able to keep pace for a short amount of time.
Nervous Disposition: Jo can be set off by the most trivial of things and is almost always anxious, efforts to calm her may go wasted from time to time.
Hard of Hearing: A previous event or possibly a birth defect has dampened Jo's sensitivity to sound, whilst she isn't outright deaf, you might have to talk a bit louder to grab her attention.

Personality: Jo never liked being the center of attention, even from a young age she was always content with being left alone to her own devices. With age the social anxiety subsided yet she still hated being fussed upon and rarely even attended her own birthday parties. A career in medical practices has taught Jo to be thorough and intense in not just her work, but everyday life, never leaving anything to chance or to fate, everything must be her way or no way at all when it comes to controllable situations. A previous emotional breakdown has made her reluctant to reach out for support, rather bottling up her fears and worries behind a stoic facade of professionalism. When dealing with others she prefers to be curt and concise, often misconstrued for rudeness, this isn't the case and prefers to 'tell it how it is'.

Biography:

Jo was born in the suburbs of New Orleans one late summers evening, coming into an already large family, Jo was one of eight siblings, three female and five male and was the youngest out of them all. Their family moved when she was just three Bakersfeild, California; a city north of Los Angeles. Their family was very well off, her father was a very renowned architectural engineer and her mother was a leading neurologist and was the inspiration for Jo to pursue a career in medicine.

Jo was a natural academic and attended UCLA to study Physiology, this is where she would attain her PHD and also meet her future partner, Lucas who was studying Neurobiology at the time. The pair, after university would move to Seattle to settle down and pursue careers in their respective fields, which happened to both be at the same hospital. In 2012, Jo gave birth to her firstborn Hannah, who had to be delivered via cesarean due to complications and the child was delivered 2 weeks prematurely which led to further health issues with the baby. Sadly, after months of intensive care and the effort of multiple doctors and nurses, Hannah passed away shortly before her first birthday due to respiratory problems.

Jo became depressed due to the loss of her child, distraught even and had to take time off work because of it. Even developing an addition to prescription painkillers and alcohol, one night she left the house without telling her husband where she was going or what she was doing. Her abandoned silver Chevy Malibu was found overturned someway down the I90 Interstate near Tiger Mountain State Forest, yet with no body behind the wheel or evidence of her whereabouts, she is still regarded as a missing persons case.

Roleplay Experience: If you want me to dig them up, i can.
Last edited by Ubaria on Fri May 12, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yo, that's mad.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Sun May 14, 2017 7:56 pm

Ubaria wrote:Name: Josephine "Jo" Marley

Accepted

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue May 16, 2017 2:44 pm

Post coming tonight or tomorrow.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Tue May 16, 2017 2:49 pm

Where does one want me to begin?
Yo, that's mad.

The Moscow Metro Red Line
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby The Moscow Metro Red Line » Tue May 16, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm waiting for Anowa to reply.
Timezone: Pacific Time (UTC - 08:00)

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Tue May 16, 2017 8:00 pm

Ubaria wrote:Where does one want me to begin?

You can probably just jump in and say you woke up late.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Wed May 17, 2017 1:53 pm

Would Gale still have his camera?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed May 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Vacif wrote:Would Gale still have his camera?

Sure

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed May 17, 2017 7:20 pm

Posted. There is no horror like body horror.

Forest State
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Wed May 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Well, I think everyone ignored my post...
don't tread on me

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Wed May 17, 2017 8:04 pm

Forest State wrote:Well, I think everyone ignored my post...

Fix'd. I added a bit so you can respond.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse