NATION

PASSWORD

The Luxurious Wasteland [OOC|OPEN|REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Palmetto
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 05, 2017
Ex-Nation

The Luxurious Wasteland [OOC|OPEN|REBOOT]

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:56 am

The Luxurious Wasteland

Have you ever wondered what would happen if society ended in a global scale, but wasn't irradiated? What new life forms would arise, and how would humanity deal with this?

The Luxurious Wasteland takes place in a post-apocalyptic American Eastern Coast 14,000 years after a large meteor impact caused society to collapse, but not even robots from that time know this. But it's not all a dry hellhole as you may think. The Southern coast as lush forests and gorgeous beaches, while the North is covered in snowy forests and conifers. But, as luxurious as the environment may be, it has its downsides. The forests are abundant with giant insects, terrestrial crocodiles, and mammals are almost non-existent. Strangely enough, there are also a wide variety of evolved crayfish. From simple swimmers to complex gliders, you can't go 2 steps without spotting one.
But there's intelligent life, too. Human settlements are abundant are in New England, simply called the North, while some smaller ones dot the South, even though these are under constant attack by the wildlife. The Luxurious Wasteland follows a group of Southern survivors looking to band together and make the perilous journey to the North to find a supposed land of honey and milk, a journey that no one else has returned from. They will come across many small factions, and discover horrible truths about their world while evading mysterious forces and blatantly dangerous threats.

It will start out in a Palmetto Guard city-state known as Fort Palmston, where Charleston once was. It's walls were erected long ago from the remnants of Charleston buildings, and since the last it has become a home of primitive humans who spend their time trading goods and farming food for the populace. They have trade with people from other city-states but will also buy goods from loners, so your characters can either live in the Fort, be from another city-state, or just be a loner. Loners and tribals are not very well trusted by these city states, so while they can trade, they're not allowed to spend a lot of time there usually.

IC: to be added

Before the war, around the 2050's, the USA and it's close allies were at war with several South American countries, which had turned communist and refused to trade with them. They committed many civil rights violations by killing capitalists and capitalist sympathizers, so they were eager to use this as an excuse to claim their resources. They tested many new weapons on them, ranging from giant robots to biological abominations. China wasn't communist anymore, so they had no issues with this, and helped them with robotics. This spouted a golden age in robotics, allowing fully independent A.I. to be created. This would also create several new, quickly evolving artificial species that would evolve to spread into the North American jungles after the apocalypse.

Factions in the South, where TLW takes place, don't really have much of a hold on their claimed land and are small. Why? The many monstrosities roaming the Eastern Coast are hard to fight and are very common, so making any settlements or claiming land without a heavily armed, defensive perimeter is near-impossible. Unlike many post-apocalypse, sci-fi universes, Raiders don't exist. Working guns aren't available to humans, everyone is stuck using melee weapons or just simple bows and arrows. Humans in the North do have guns, however, but none of these have reached the South.

The North is safer, as there aren't as many predators. However, it's where the home cities of the Crus Peregrinus are, and they hate humans. Many Northern areas have become war torn battlefield, with humans fighting to repel the mechanical invaders and their more advanced technology.
if you have any questions about the lore or wish to add to the lore, ask me and I'll answer your question, or canonize your contribution.

Rules:
1) As the creator I always have the final say, I can choose to deny any application for any reason.
2) No god-modding or controlling another's character without their consent.
3) Normal players may only RP as a human, robot, or bipedal crayfish.
4) Your character may not start out with a gun or similar weapon, any guns created before the apocalypse have been decayed. Guns will be earned as the RP goes on.
5) There is no limit to characters, but I expect you to be reasonable.
6) No flaming or being rude to other players.
7) Keep it PG-14, gore is allowed but don't go overboard.
8 ) If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, I love answering them, and you are not being a bother.
9) No magic allowed, period.
10) No one-liners allowed, at least a paragraph is the bare minimum but more is better.
11) When making a robotic character, try to avoid making them too advanced. Advanced tech will be added soon, and robot characters can be upgraded.
12) It's been 14,000 years since the apocalypse, act like it! No original clothes would be in a usable condition, and even basic modern day knowledge would be unknown unless your character specializes as a historian or if they're a robot. Same goes for terminologies, names, etc. Also, life sucks for almost everyone, so it's unlikely that they would act very positive.
13) If you want to make some lore that would be significant for the universe, like an organization or anything pre-apocalypse, ask me first.

Humans: Average human, what can I say? They typically live in small settlements, with religious cults being commonplace. There are also wandering tribes, plenty of loners too. Their knowledge of the old world is mostly lost in religious distortion, and even historians don't know much. They need to eat, drink, and sleep, but are the only species who can tame animals. They are also some new ethnicities that have evolved, but they do not have any drastically different traits.

Robots: There's a wide variety of robots, but most of them come from before the apocalypse, managing to keep themselves intact. Some are relatively new, however, but know nothing about how they were created. They're almost always in small groups or as loners. They don't need to eat, drink, or sleep, are good mechanics, but have to repair themselves with scarce parts. Their only source of energy are their solar panels, and they will run out of energy if they lose them. There can be exceptions to this, just tell me and I'll think it over.

Bipedal Crayfish: Very strange, 7ft tall crayfish. It's almost as if someone made a crayfish gigantic, then added legs to them. They need to eat, sleep, and drink, but are extremely durable and strong, and can survive underwater for several hours. However, they need to eat large amounts of food, are slow, and have below average intellect.

If you are a human, you can start out with only one species but tame more as the game goes on.

Therimu: The result of ancient genetic experiments, Therimu are terrifying, 10ft tall emus with gigantic claws and are extremely territorial towards other creatures, especially bipedal crayfish. They have thick hide, and killing them is extremely difficult. They can not be tamed as adults by humans, but can be raised from eggs to be used as mounts and defense. You may not start out with one. The opportunity may arise to get an egg, but the hatchlings grow extremely slowly.

Gliding Crayfish: 2ft long crayfish with vibrant wings. They may harass humans and other creatures, but only attack smaller creatures by swooping down and impaling them. They can be tamed by humans by dropping your weapon, and giving them food. From that point, they will follow you and "beg" for food. After doing this several times, they will become a loyal companion used to harass enemies and gather food. You may start out with one if human. There is also a smaller subspecies called the Surfing Crayfish, which is semi-aquatic. You may start out with two if human.

Horror Bird: 3ft tall flightless birds. They hunt in small groups and are worthy fighters. They are skilled with hunting and scavenging, and domesticated females will lay one egg every two days unless they are incubating. They can be raised as eggs or fed food, causing them to follow and eventually bond with you. They can be tamed for companionship, egg production, and scavenging. You can start out with a single adult, multiple eggs, and 3 chicks.

Giant Roach: 1ft long, giant roaches. These creatures can't be tamed but are a common source of food. They have limited light capabilities and can swarm any would-be attackers.

Carolina Catfish: 4ft long catfish found lurking in shallow waters next to trees. Can not be tamed, but can be harvested for food.

Invasive Monitors: 5ft long aggressive lizards with a venomous bite. Can not be tamed, but can be harvested for food and hide.

Land Eel: Brightly colored lungfish about 4ft long, they can slither and breathe on land as long as they're moist. They can be tamed by being fed once, but can't be eaten and only serve as companions and minnow/crayfish catchers. You may start out with one if human.

Giant Scorpion: 2ft long scorpion with thick hide and dangerous, but not fatal, sting. They can't be tamed, but can be harvested for food and hide.

Baitfish: Schooling fish the size of your finger. Can't be tamed, but can be used for bait.

Phylocherax: Blue crayfish about 6in. Can't be tamed, but can be used for food and bait.

Poland Balls: 6inch long Isopods with varying colors, typically matching up with that of a flag with two fake eyes. Can be tamed merely by picking them up, but serve no purpose but companionship. You may start out with 3, regardless of race.

Want to make a custom animal? Just give me a description and if you can tame it or not, and I'll see about adding it. There are WAY more creatures, but these are the only ones I have mentioned so far.

Name:

Species:

Appearance:

Personality:

Skills:

Weaknesses:

Bio:

Equipment:

RP Example:

[spoiler=Application Example]Name: Scrappy

Species: Robot

Appearance: 7ft tall robot made of junk, with an boxy TV for a chest and a crash-test dummy head with cameras installed.

Personality: He's charismatic with a large ego, but sticks up for his friends. He tends to be survival-minded, however, and would sacrifice those who aren't close to him without regret.

Skills: Skilled mechanic, with a classy voice box making him charismatic. He has basic knowledge of the pre-apocalypse world, too.

Weaknesses: Sloppy fighter, large ego, chaotic body design means that hitting him in the right spot could disable him.

Bio: Unknown, he currently rests deactivated in a junkyard.

Equipment: Tool kit stored in his chest, and a long hedge-trimmer blade attached to a handle.

RP example: Well I'm the OP, I don't need this

[spoiler=Factions]The Crus Peregrinus: A faction of advanced robots up North, who unlike Southern factions, possess guns. They are lead by Emperor Proto, who rules over his robotic people with a benevolent hand. Following the mass extinction that the meteor caused, they set themselves out to using bio-technology to repopulating it. They are stationed up North, and wish to prevent humans from getting too advanced. Though they treat other robots well, they dislike humans strongly, as long ago, a faction of religious humans in the north believed the robots as metal servants of their ancestors, and tried to enslave them. The human faction was forced into hiding, and the Crus Peregrinus set out to prevent humans from being advanced enough to enslave them. You can't control any unless you have special permission from the OP.

The Palmetto Guard: A loosely-connected group of humans living in heavily guarded city-states, the citizens pay taxes and each city-state has its own small militia. The soldiers are skilled in survival and combat, and typically go out to hunt for food and/or supplies. Their signature flag is a white flag with a red star and a palmetto in the center. All the city states have a combined population of 5,000, and you may control a soldier with a melee weapon or any sort of civilian.

The lore of TLW is surprisingly deep and complex, as I've been working on it for almost two years. So don't be deceived by the vagueness of it early on.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A rowdy redneck from South Carolina who tries to RP every now and again.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:00 am

Tag
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

The Holy Empire of Steel
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Holy Empire of Steel » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:43 am

tag

Zyvalia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zyvalia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Tag again, if all goes well I'll app :)
Still Illan, and still kickin'

Boejoe
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 09, 2016
Ex-Nation

Heeeeeeeeee's back!

Postby Boejoe » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Name: Tyler C. Boyer

Species: human

Appearance: Messy, curly, light brown hair, ripped clothes, muscular, long legs, long arms, big shoulders, brown eyes, big feet, 6 feet, 7 inches

Personality: Tyler is very cheerful. He likes to be happy and look at the bright side of things. He also isn't very social. He likes to do things solo. He can get mad really easily and likes to be lazy. He also likes robots and computers. He also likes nature and farming. He likes going on adventures and doing crazy things. He also likes tinkering with things and seeing how things work. He likes researching and really loves science.

Skills: engineering, programming, inventing, hunting, fishing, farming, running a business, good leadership, cooking

Weaknesses: No obedience, no common sense, not very social

Bio:

About him.

Tyler is 26. He likes tinkering with robots and computers. He also likes exploring things and researching. He really loves science and thinks science is awesome! When he was a kid, he likes farming. He also liked tinkering with toys or things that he found and to this day, he still likes to do that. He always likes to go by a stream and just admire nature. He isn't the kind of person who likes to go fight. he isn't very social. He likes to do things solo. He mostly likes to go find things to use to make stuff. For example, he has made tons of bows and arrows for his family. He also has made some medicines and sometimes cooks. He likes to go and find animals in the wild and likes to be happy about life.

He was born in a small settlement, on the coast. While he was in the settlement, he learned about robots, computers, and programming. When he was 9 though, the settlement was attacked and his family fled. They ended up next to a stream in the jungle. This is where they built 3 huts. Two of them to live in, the other, a bathroom. Since then, he has lived here with his family happily and thankfully, nothing bad has happened to his family at there huts. At least, not yet...
Also, one of his ancestors, 14000 years ago, owned a company that made tons of these robots. Tyler doesn't know this. At least, not yet...

Equipment: Knife, fishing rod, metal, wrench, bow and arrow, spyglass

RP example: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=408819 and https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=407465
Last edited by Boejoe on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
we are a democracy
random stuff
boejoe is located in the west pacific | IATA Member
the sonicland of boejoe is one of our states
boejoe news: there was a fire last night in tyler city. It was easily stopped but could have caused mass damage and boejoe is at one of its richest times. Boejoe advice: when life gives you lemons, sue life for not making lemonade, sue the supermarket who life bought the lemons from, sue the farm the supermarket got the lemons from, then sue the person who picked the lemons.
Thermonuclear arsenal: 15989 Thermonuclear missles, 12976 Thermonuclear bombs.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:20 pm

Do I have to reapply?
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Imperium, Boejoe, Ive gotta apologize for this one, but I can't accept you. Your writing is low quality and your characters too positive. (Orion was actually ok, though)

For these responses, it's not gonna be quick one liners, it's gonna be 3-5 paragraphs of descriptive roleplay. It's nothing personal, but in order to make this happen, I've gotta cut some losses.

Again, sorry.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

Hothnia
Minister

Founded: Mar 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hothnia » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:37 pm

What happend to the old one? Do I have to resubmit?

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:53 pm

So I can't join the RP, okay if thats what you want.
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:57 pm

Hothnia wrote:What happend to the old one? Do I have to resubmit?

Had to cancel it, it didn't live up to my expectations.

I'm not sure about having your or the others return, not unless you can start writing longer and more descriptive replies.

To be honest, I always felt uncomfortable with how much your character knew about the old world. Even if they are a historian, it felt like too much, but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Not to mention that she was a bit too positive in such a dreary wasteland. Ditto for Boejoe's character.

Orion was fine for the most part, I just think that Imperium's responses had too many spelling errors, and again, could've been more descriptive.

Again, nothing personal.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:01 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
Hothnia wrote:What happend to the old one? Do I have to resubmit?

I'm not sure about having your or the others return, not unless you can start writing longer and more descriptive replies.

To be honest, I always felt uncomfortable with how much your character knew about the old world. Even if they are a historian, it felt like too much, but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. Not to mention that she was a bit too positive in such a dreary wasteland. Ditto for Boejoe's character.

Orion was fine for the most part, I just think that Imperium's responses had too many spelling errors, and again, could've been more descriptive.

Again, nothing personal.

If I can write longer and make my character less positive and knowledgable would I be able to join?

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:05 pm

The Imperium Empires wrote:
The Palmetto wrote:

Again, nothing personal.

If I can write longer and make my character less positive and knowledgable would I be able to join?

Fix your grammar and yeah, that'd be possible in theory. Can you work up an example?

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:06 pm

The Palmetto wrote:
The Imperium Empires wrote:If I can write longer and make my character less positive and knowledgable would I be able to join?

Fix your grammar and yeah, that'd be possible in theory. Can you work up an example?

Ok I will make an example.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:22 pm

What was the point of life sometimes? All I am is just some run down machine barley operational half the time. Just look at the world around me, a world changed so much from when I first activated. I was a top of the line robotic solider and now I’m a lump scrap forgotten. If I was a food I would have been well past my use by date.

I’m just out of date, out of place out of time in this world. Everything I knew gone long ago. What is my purpose now? To wander the ruins of the world I was knew until I’m no longer operational? That can’t be all that is left for me, it can’t be of can it? Maybe it is time to deactivate for the last time but yet I feel as if I’m not done, perhaps there is more in this world for me than the scrap head, perhaps I do have a purpose.

My example?

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 am

The Imperium Empires wrote:
What was the point of life sometimes? All I am is just some run down machine barley operational half the time. Just look at the world around me, a world changed so much from when I first activated. I was a top of the line robotic solider and now I’m a lump scrap forgotten. If I was a food I would have been well past my use by date.

I’m just out of date, out of place out of time in this world. Everything I knew gone long ago. What is my purpose now? To wander the ruins of the world I was knew until I’m no longer operational? That can’t be all that is left for me, it can’t be of can it? Maybe it is time to deactivate for the last time but yet I feel as if I’m not done, perhaps there is more in this world for me than the scrap head, perhaps I do have a purpose.

My example?

Can you fix the grammar? If so, I'll just barely allow it, but I'll look closely for any slip-ups and kick you if you can't keep up. Oh and yeah, more vagueness about the old world.

Oh, and if that was part of a response, I'd imagine it would have one or more paragraphs added to it for character interaction and to more throughly demonstrate what's going on in that scenario with said character. That sounds more like a thought process, and you need to focus on the surroundings and the actions of the character too.
Last edited by The Palmetto on Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Bump.

If anyone shows interest in this but has an issue, tell me and I'll fix it if I can.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:07 pm

Bump

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu May 04, 2017 6:18 pm

Bumping one last time, if this doesn't gather any attention, I'll call it quits.

Kanadorika
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kanadorika » Wed May 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Name: N3R-0 "Nero" (US Army Annihilator Class Heavy Combat Robot)

Species: Robot

Appearance: Image

Personality: Generally neutral until threatened, in which case it turns hostile. Programmed male.

Skills: Originally used by the military as what can essentially be described as a robotic tank. Has extensive combat subroutines.

Weaknesses: parts are extremely rare. The bot is extremely complex to work on, and it can be hacked to attack friendlies, though this is difficult to do. By nature, Nero is unstealthy, and is ill suited for delicate operations.

Bio: all that is known is that Nero was a Heavy Combat Robot belonging to th Annihilator Class series of the United States Army. He has been extensively looted over the past millennia, to the point that many of his original weapons have disappeared. He has been deactivated for all this time, though will reactivate when the RP starts.

Equipment: Built in electroswords. Can be modified to fit a variety of weapons. Nero runs off of energy cells and utilizes solar panels as an auxiliary power source to ensure that the robot has more than enough energy for frontline combat. Unfortunately, these energy cells are now rare, and he must now operate on only the panels until more can be found. Because of Nero's need for extreme amounts of energy, the dependence on solar panels alone will decrease his ability to wage longer battles without having to recharge.
Last edited by Kanadorika on Wed May 10, 2017 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
☠ JOIN ETHARIA. I'M NO LONGER ASKING ☠
Almost exclusively on discord these days. Everything here is outdated.
Welcome to Kanadorika! From the Arctic tundra of Leirhofn to the sandy dunes of Gulland, we have it all.
Treko wrote:"You look Kanadorikan! The women are usually tall with big breasts! you fit that description."

Nancivania
Minister

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nancivania » Wed May 10, 2017 9:42 pm

One question, whos idea was bipedal crayfish? That sh*t's scary
National Information
Leader - King Marton II
Capital - Orka
Population - 35,351,804 est
Currency - Wakka
Roleplay Information
Beyond The Void (planned) - Escojian Empire
Persian Mortals (planned) - Gallic Kingdom
-
-

THE KINGDOM OF NANCIVANIA
COBALT NETWORK FOUNDING MEMBER
Est. 2024

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu May 11, 2017 4:55 am

Nancivania wrote:One question, whos idea was bipedal crayfish? That sh*t's scary

Seeing this and the other app, I'm tempted to bring this back.

Anyways, it was mine, but a friend drew it.

Arsfarszka
Attaché

Founded: Aug 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arsfarszka » Thu May 11, 2017 6:15 am

Name:
"Microsoft Personal Assistance Device". He prefers "Spudnik".
Species:
Robot
Appearance:

Now, Spudnik is extremely rusted, and one of his most defining features is the blender on his top holding him together. He's scrapped together, but still mostly resembles his old form.
Personality:
Spudnik is a very friendly assistance android, with no protocol of defense except 'call the authorities'. It's known to care for any being, and is oblivious to the state of the world. With it's adaptive personality AI, in 1,600 years (see Bio), it's gained it's own unique personality, enough to the point it keeps pet Polandballs. It will follow anyone who simply asks it to or 'requires aid'. He has long since ran out of medical equipment, but is capable of doing minor medical techniques.

Skills:
Medical Prowess
Intelligent
Capable of repairing self with it's multiple utensils that come out of it's inner body through the blender.
AI Chip remains inside of blender, so unless the blender is destroyed, Spudnik stays in the form of a chip the size of a floppy disk.
Weaknesses:
Naive
No defensive techniques
Very rusted, can easily be broken down.
Bio:
Spudnik was named by his original owner before the apocalypse, a 76 year old elderly man who needed help in his average day life. After the apocalypse, Spudnik roamed around looking for the man, named 'Jared'. After about 12,400 years, his original protocol was reset due to the limiting in his chip, as it does so every 12,400 years due to Microsoft's lack of planning for such an event. After that, he began adopting a newer personality and any memory of 'Jared' was erased. Normal commands, his given name and basic, rudimentary knowledge of mechanics was hard-coded into the machine, however. He has been keeping Polandballs as pets ever since, and his most recent, non-diseased ones are the Canadaball, Brazilball and the Russiaball.
Equipment:
3 Polandballs
Mechanical parts stored inside.
RP Example:
Expectations: Proper grammar, spelling, capitalization, make the post intriguing, etc. Example;

Spudnik digs through the relic of a junkyard, poking around as the Polandballs sit rather precariously on his back. As per usual, he finds nothing after checking for the 2,579th time. The Polandballs on his back bounce in some form of communication, as the Russiaball attempts to show dominance over Canadaball as Brazilball does it's own thing. Spudnik hits a bump, running into an old tire, and the Polandballs quit bouncing in shock. A makeshift fork claw, utilizing two forks to stab or grab, comes out of the back of Spudnik, as he picks up the tire and drags it behind him, to his makeshift garbage home.
Last edited by Arsfarszka on Thu May 11, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My nation is: Class W11: Tier 3, Type III, Regional power - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=244917
It is also: 6/0/5.5 (on the verge.) - viewtopic.php?f=23&t=363018
Male, straight, American, eats too much but remains skinny, really likes cheese.
I am a conservative republican capitalist.
Arsfarszka does not show my actual political beliefs.
NS Stats are semi-used; factbook overrules them, however.
Economic Left/Right: -0.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.36

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu May 11, 2017 7:07 am

Arsfarszka wrote:Name:
"Microsoft Personal Assistance Device". He prefers "Spudnik".
Species:
Robot
Appearance:

Now, Spudnik is extremely rusted, and one of his most defining features is the blender on his top holding him together. He's scrapped together, but still mostly resembles his old form.
Personality:
Spudnik is a very friendly assistance android, with no protocol of defense except 'call the authorities'. It's known to care for any being, and is oblivious to the state of the world. With it's adaptive personality AI, in 1,600 years (see Bio), it's gained it's own unique personality, enough to the point it keeps pet Polandballs. It will follow anyone who simply asks it to or 'requires aid'. He has long since ran out of medical equipment, but is capable of doing minor medical techniques.

Skills:
Medical Prowess
Intelligent
Capable of repairing self with it's multiple utensils that come out of it's inner body through the blender.
AI Chip remains inside of blender, so unless the blender is destroyed, Spudnik stays in the form of a chip the size of a floppy disk.
Weaknesses:
Naive
No defensive techniques
Very rusted, can easily be broken down.
Bio:
Spudnik was named by his original owner before the apocalypse, a 76 year old elderly man who needed help in his average day life. After the apocalypse, Spudnik roamed around looking for the man, named 'Jared'. After about 12,400 years, his original protocol was reset due to the limiting in his chip, as it does so every 12,400 years due to Microsoft's lack of planning for such an event. After that, he began adopting a newer personality and any memory of 'Jared' was erased. Normal commands, his given name and basic, rudimentary knowledge of mechanics was hard-coded into the machine, however. He has been keeping Polandballs as pets ever since, and his most recent, non-diseased ones are the Canadaball, Brazilball and the Russiaball.
Equipment:
3 Polandballs
Mechanical parts stored inside.
RP Example:
Not sure what you mean? Please specify and I will edit it in.

If you've been in an RP before, you can list an example or just say what I can expect from you. (How many paragraphs and what not)

Anyways, accepted. Ditto for the one above.

The Palmetto
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Palmetto » Thu May 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Anyways, I suppose I'll reopen this. Knock yourselves out.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse