NATION

PASSWORD

Posting Weirdness After Switching Accounts

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Naqil
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Posting Weirdness After Switching Accounts

Postby Naqil » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:43 pm

I was poking around in my region as Essu Beti, and then I switched accounts to Naqil to post in a party game thread here. As you can see, it did not post as the nation I was actually logged in as. I could see I was logged in as Naqil, but it posted as Essu Beti. This was moderately annoying because while I got all these cool opinions it was for the wrong nation. And oddly enough, I could edit the post and push the edit through as Essu Beti despite still being logged in as Naqil.

So, fix this please? I'm eager to see which nation this will post under. It should be Naqil, but we'll find out.
This nation's views do not necessarily coincide with my own. Please assume all statements are IC unless specified otherwise.

The Naqin Ambassador is Ixhua of House Yavuas. She's extremely traditionalist, and is known to have her eye on the Presidency for when President Dratan retires.

Essu Beti is my puppet, in theory. In actuality I use Essu Beti as more or less my default these days even though this account came first.

Leutria
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Leutria » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:14 pm

If I recall, it is actually considered an intentional feature that of you do not click back to the forums from gameside you can continue using the forums as a different nation. Allows for example continuing to post as your main nation while you go through your puppets to answer issues or check the RMB of the region's they are in.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Right, even if you change account gameside, the forum doesn't register the change unless you click from the gameside to the forum. Otherwise, the two don't talk to each other, so the forum doesn't know what you've been doing gameside.

The sidebar can be misleading, because even on the forum, the sidebar is sourced from the main game. Better is to look at the top of the page where it says "Members | Search | Logout [ @@NAME@@ ]", which will always accurately tell you which account the forum now sees you as logged in to.

Naqil
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Naqil » Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:21 pm

That makes sense, and thanks for the tip on how to tell which one the forum sees me as. It still blindsided me, though.
This nation's views do not necessarily coincide with my own. Please assume all statements are IC unless specified otherwise.

The Naqin Ambassador is Ixhua of House Yavuas. She's extremely traditionalist, and is known to have her eye on the Presidency for when President Dratan retires.

Essu Beti is my puppet, in theory. In actuality I use Essu Beti as more or less my default these days even though this account came first.

Return to Technical