NATION

PASSWORD

War In Heaven (OOC|Semi-Closed|Sci-Fi|Mature)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:18 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Anowa wrote:Four magazines.

Supply and demand. Nothing can be wasted, so the production of arms coincides with number of people heading to the front. The wood and steel tubes of the GI rifle is very easy and quick to make, they have a surplus of them in the millions to supply civilian garrisons if they show up on the front. The polymer, magnetic, and titanium structure of improved body armor and firearms takes a lot longer to accurately produce ship out.

How come the tech level has regressed, though?

By the 32nd century, humanity would likely have something similar to the replicators from Star Trek, and these sorts of weapons would be relatively easy to produce.

Some 280 Years of constant war against an enemy that matches our technology and has had us on the back foot for decades. I'm pretty sure things just went to the most efficient method that didn't run the risk of being a target for Asset Denial Teams every day.
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Anowa wrote:Four magazines.

Supply and demand. Nothing can be wasted, so the production of arms coincides with number of people heading to the front. The wood and steel tubes of the GI rifle is very easy and quick to make, they have a surplus of them in the millions to supply civilian garrisons if they show up on the front. The polymer, magnetic, and titanium structure of improved body armor and firearms takes a lot longer to accurately produce ship out.

How come the tech level has regressed, though?

By the 32nd century, humanity would likely have something similar to the replicators from Star Trek, and these sorts of weapons would be relatively easy to produce.

Answered before.... kinda
Anowa wrote:The Colonial Administration decided that to avoid the logistical concerns of getting certain things to certain factories, they'd lump all that was needed to make x on the same planet, including the blueprints and designs. This ended after they lost the planets where they made power armor and energy weapons... Which the ETs now have.

They do have the replicators, but if a single rifle get sent somewhere that it wasn't needed and they could've used it on the components for a tank, then that's one less tank they can use until they get the right supplies.

It's a supply shortage, not a production means shortage.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

So the Colonial Administration only left the blueprints and designs for advanced weaponry on certain planets, and didn't think to make more copies of them...goshalmighty, the Administration is filled with incompetent idiots!

This does not get my hopes up high for our survival... :unsure:

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:So the Colonial Administration only left the blueprints and designs for advanced weaponry on certain planets, and didn't think to make more copies of them...goshalmighty, the Administration is filled with incompetent idiots!

Bureaucrats never look at the big picture.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:So the Colonial Administration only left the blueprints and designs for advanced weaponry on certain planets, and didn't think to make more copies of them...goshalmighty, the Administration is filled with incompetent idiots!

Well, administration is not for anyone.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:27 pm

What are the side on a supply line standpoint? Are our lines getting raided? Are supply ships low? How often does resupply arrive?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Dormill and Stiura wrote:
Anowa wrote:Except 40k had super-soldiers for the humans to hope show up. And got reinforced with anti-tank weapons and emplaced guns immediately.

All we've got is a gas mask, a steel helmet, ceramic chest-piece, and a simple rifle with four mags.

I've been wondering about the chances of encountering an Olympian during this RP, it'd be interesting to see at least one of them.

And no sidearms.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:29 pm

The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates wrote:What are the side on a supply line standpoint? Are our lines getting raided? Are supply ships low? How often does resupply arrive?

Resupply arrives once a week. Our lines come from 10km long ships in orbit that are guarded by dreadnought, destroyers and frigates. Supply lines can't be raided as they're in FTL 90% of the time.

Getting supplies to and from isn't the issue, it's getting them to bodies that are alive that is.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dormill and Stiura
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 19, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dormill and Stiura » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm

Anowa wrote:
The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates wrote:What are the side on a supply line standpoint? Are our lines getting raided? Are supply ships low? How often does resupply arrive?

Resupply arrives once a week. Our lines come from 10km long ships in orbit that are guarded by dreadnought, destroyers and frigates. Supply lines can't be raided as they're in FTL 90% of the time.

Getting supplies to and from isn't the issue, it's getting them to bodies that are alive that is.

I assume that the ETs have a sizable enough navy or is that the one true place where Humanity has an advantage?
The United Republics of Dormill and Stiura
Liberty, Justice, Democracy
Join The Western Isles and chart your own path!
"Interacting with Dormill and Stiura; violently." -Balnik, 2021
"DAZ CONGRATULATING SOMEONE FOR GETTING 60%! this is a highlight of my day!" Ainslie, 2021
Oh Night Unholy
Shadow
Terror
Inferno (Coming Soon)

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Anowa wrote:

Bureaucrats never look at the big picture.

And they wonder why people despise bureaucracy...
Anowa wrote:

Are we allowed to use ET weapons taken from dead ET's?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:37 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Anowa wrote:Bureaucrats never look at the big picture.

And they wonder why people despise bureaucracy...
Anowa wrote:Resupply arrives once a week. Our lines come from 10km long ships in orbit that are guarded by dreadnought, destroyers and frigates. Supply lines can't be raided as they're in FTL 90% of the time.

Anowa wrote:
Apror wrote:Well I doubt many people have any sort of scope, and I probably won't get consistent results. That's why I want a scope actually decent. Then again, it's 3000. It's bound to be decent I suppose, but there's a lot of stuff that's you know.....

Like I said, you're gonna have to duct tape it on. Hardly a decent sight.

As for the Asatyr weapons, they have snipers. But none are gonna be close enough to grab. You'll be stuck with the Gauss rifles they have. They fire 5mm ball bearings at mach 5. A single mag has around 120 rounds of ammo...

There's also a 1/4 chance of them detonating and removing your arms if you pull the trigger.

The only references for getting ET weapons from dead ET...
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:And they wonder why people despise bureaucracy...

Anowa wrote:Like I said, you're gonna have to duct tape it on. Hardly a decent sight.

As for the Asatyr weapons, they have snipers. But none are gonna be close enough to grab. You'll be stuck with the Gauss rifles they have. They fire 5mm ball bearings at mach 5. A single mag has around 120 rounds of ammo...

There's also a 1/4 chance of them detonating and removing your arms if you pull the trigger.

That's a very nice gun!

Unfortunately, my character still needs both of their arms on and intact in order to fight...

Damverland
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Name: Drenrow H. Miner
Appearance: Image
Height: 5,8 (178 cm)
Weight: 152 lbs (2432 ounces)
Biography: Drenrow was born in what was once the Rocky Mountains on Earth. He was raised by a family of miners, hence his surname. He lived a relatively peaceful childhood, when in his teens he was forcibly employed by an interstellar corporation and sent to the planet Ophion to work and mine in a massive mountain range called the New Kendaran Plateau. Working there was harsh, though certainly not as terrible as some planets in the Federation.

Conflict between the offworlder workers and locals/workers caused rifts and divides between each side, and various gangs and unions between miners and locals were formed. Fighting in the mountains was commonplace, and Drenrow was in the middle of it. Having joined a gang, he fell into trouble with the local Ophionian law on numerous occasions, though was usually protected by the corporation's interests and political sway.

Eventually, this drew the interest of federal agents, and Drenrow was issued a draft notice to fight in the distant colonies, a place he barely knew. He was assigned to CDF 3145th Battalion, 6th Company (3MCXLV/6 CDF) and was immediately shipped off to Hanlon XII. Having being thrust into a completely foreign and alien (quite literally) environment, whether he survives this war is to be seen.
RP Examples: War Eternal, The Last of Us: Exodus.
Last edited by Damverland on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:56 pm

Damverland wrote:Name: Drenrow H. Miner
Appearance: (Image)
Biography: Drenrow was born in what was once the Rocky Mountains, in the former United States on Earth. He was raised by a family of miners, hence his surname. He lived a relatively peaceful childhood, when in his teens he was employed in the Himalayas half a world away, in the Tibetan Plateau. Working there was harsh, though certainly not as terrible as some planets in the Federation. He worked in a massive mining complex that mined from Turkestan to the Qin Mountains. Conflict between the Western workers and Chinese locals and workers caused rifts and divides between each side, and various gangs and unions between miners and locals were formed. Fighting in the mountains was commonplace, and Drenrow was in the middle of it. Having joined a gang, he fell into trouble with the local Tibetan law on numerous occasions, though was usually protected by the corporation's interests and political sway.

Eventually, this drew the interest of federal agents, and Drenrow was issued a draft notice to fight in the distant colonies, a place he barely knew. He was assigned to CDF 3145th Battalion, 6th Company (3MCXLV/6 CDF) and was immediately shipped off to Hanlon XII. Having being thrust into a completely foreign and alien (quite literally) environment, whether he survives this war is to be seen.

Earth has long since been mined out. Please choose a fictional planet.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Damverland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:00 pm

Anowa wrote:
Biography: Drenrow was born in what was once the Rocky Mountains, in the former United States on Earth. He was raised by a family of miners, hence his surname. He lived a relatively peaceful childhood, when in his teens he was employed in the Himalayas half a world away, in the Tibetan Plateau. Working there was harsh, though certainly not as terrible as some planets in the Federation. He worked in a massive mining complex that mined from Turkestan to the Qin Mountains. Conflict between the Western workers and Chinese locals and workers caused rifts and divides between each side, and various gangs and unions between miners and locals were formed. Fighting in the mountains was commonplace, and Drenrow was in the middle of it. Having joined a gang, he fell into trouble with the local Tibetan law on numerous occasions, though was usually protected by the corporation's interests and political sway.

Earth has long since been mined out. Please choose a fictional planet.

Got it. Edited.
Last edited by Damverland on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:04 pm

It is assumed that everyone who hasn't posted has made it to the trench.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Damverland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Damverland » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Edited my stuff.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:31 pm

Biography: Drenrow was born in what was once the Rocky Mountains on Earth. He was raised by a family of miners, hence his surname. He lived a relatively peaceful childhood, when in his teens he was forcibly employed by an interstellar corporation and sent to the planet Ophion to work and mine in a massive mountain range called the New Kendaran Plateau. Working there was harsh, though certainly not as terrible as some planets in the Federation.

Conflict between the offworlder workers and locals/workers caused rifts and divides between each side, and various gangs and unions between miners and locals were formed. Fighting in the mountains was commonplace, and Drenrow was in the middle of it. Having joined a gang, he fell into trouble with the local Ophionian law on numerous occasions, though was usually protected by the corporation's interests and political sway.

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates
Envoy

Founded: Jul 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Shady Looking Vukmiri Delegates » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:40 pm

Woo! Take that you ugly xeno's! E.T go home!

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:01 am

The Orson Empire wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

That's a very nice gun!

Unfortunately, my character still needs both of their arms on and intact in order to fight...

You'll be fine! 1/4 the chance of it doing the opposite.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:26 am

Name: John Mason-Stuart
Appearance:

Height: 6'2 F / 1.8 M
Weight: 90Kg / 198.4 lb
Biography: Born to a wealthy family on the breadbasket world of Salisbury, John enjoyed a comfortable life far from the constant fighting, though he was still concerned about it when reading news reports. When he came of age, he finally decided to make some preperations for it, he took up shooting as a hobby, his favoured weapon being an old kinetic rifle (seen in picture) and over time became rather proficient, his aim and patience becoming rather decent with constant practice. He took up work in the family company and worked there until the call to arms came. He knew he could likely use his family's money and connections to give them the slip, but when contemplating this, he knew he had been preparing for it himself over the years. With his sense of duty stirred, he passed the company on to a trusted cohort, and set out to deal with the alien menace.
RP Examples:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=387782
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=389552
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=368268
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:54 am

By any chance was there an uprising that turned your home world into a basket case?

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:47 am

Greater Dmanian wrote:By any chance was there an uprising that turned your home world into a basket case?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadbasket
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Greater Dmanian
Envoy

Founded: Oct 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Dmanian » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:56 am

Crysuko wrote:
Greater Dmanian wrote:By any chance was there an uprising that turned your home world into a basket case?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breadbasket

I know what the term means but I'm guessing your naming of the planet must have been a coincidence, I was making a reference.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Postby Crysuko » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:59 am

Greater Dmanian wrote:

I know what the term means but I'm guessing your naming of the planet must have been a coincidence, I was making a reference.

Oh. well I could throw that in if you think it would make the backstory more interesting
Quotes:

Kelinfort wrote:

Yugoslav Memes wrote:

I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse