NATION

PASSWORD

Hackerman Academy (Academy|Reboot|OOC|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:52 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:I'll get my photographer here in no time.

We have another photographer? Guess I'll find some other hobby. Music or sports?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:52 pm

The V O I D wrote:

It means you have the possibility to be academic champ as well. Chess, requires intelligence and cleverness too.

I mean, she is/was a straight A student in high school and is pretty damn smart as implied in her app.

I honestly hope no one threatens her position as #1 academic student and #1 chess champ.

*insert Chinese engineering student here*
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:53 pm

Anowa wrote:
The V O I D wrote:
I mean, she is/was a straight A student in high school and is pretty damn smart as implied in her app.

I honestly hope no one threatens her position as #1 academic student and #1 chess champ.

*insert rivalry here.*

Also, because she's bisexual, I have more options for relationships. :p

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:56 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

We have another photographer? Guess I'll find some other hobby. Music or sports?

Oh, oh wait, sorry, I mistaken.

I confused my previous military historian character with yours.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Anowa wrote:
The V O I D wrote:

Kind of true there.

Where is this Hackerman going to be located?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Anowa wrote:*insert Chinese engineering student here*

Kind of true there.

Where is this Hackerman going to be located?

Anowa wrote:Allegheny National Forest, Pennsylvania
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:58 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Oh, oh wait, sorry, I mistaken.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure if I want to go down the photographer route again, though I'm undecided.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Oh, oh wait, sorry, I mistaken.

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure if I want to go down the photographer route again, though I'm undecided.

I probably will go on martial artist route this time.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:I probably will go on martial artist route this time.

Was thinking sports maybe, considering how short Hoa is that maybe it could be comedic if she does something that's more a contact sort of thing. Though maybe I'll go the music route? Decisions are hard.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:I probably will go on martial artist route this time.

Was thinking sports maybe, considering how short Hoa is that maybe it could be comedic if she does something that's more a contact sort of thing. Though maybe I'll go the music route? Decisions are hard.

Probably for the best as well.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm

Hmm, chess is taken. I thought about making a disabled character or reusing the teacher I planned on using in the original. Depends if VOID wants competition in the chess department.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:Hmm, chess is taken. I thought about making a disabled character or reusing the teacher I planned on using in the original. Depends if VOID wants competition in the chess department.

I wouldn't mind competition, but I have intention to win.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Probably for the best as well.

So you say music? I can work with that.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:Probably for the best as well.

So you say music? I can work with that.

Probably. I can go with martial artist with a knack in music.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:00 pm

Student Name: Hoa "Blake" Nguyen
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0" (152.4cm)
Weight: 98lb (44.5kg)
Religion: Buddhist (non-practicing)

Major: Art
Minor:
  • Theater
  • Writing
Clubs:
  • Manga Club
  • Pen & Paper Club
Sports Team: N/A
Blood Type: O-
  • Being the center of attention.
  • Chinese Food
  • Country Music
  • Creepy-crawlies
  • Early Mornings
  • her Height
  • Reality Television
  • Rude People
  • Talking
Biography:
    Hoa Nguyen was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 11th, 1999, granddaughter to Vietnamese immigrants (having come to the United States shortly before the fall of Saigon) and the youngest of three daughters, and although not from a rich or otherwise well-to-do family she and her sisters were never left wanting, her parents' antique shop being enough to support a modest living even at the worst of times. A quiet child, Hoa was often overlooked by her more rambunctious sisters and could usually be found helping in her parent's shop, something which the introverted and studious girl would continue to do so even after starting grade school. Her father was a superstitious man and believed the old building to be haunted (more so when business was bad) and he often told stories of vengeful apparitions, doing much to foster Hoa's interest in ghost stories and the paranormal. Her love of music would come later after an old guitar was sold to the shop.

By middle school Hoa (or Blake, which was a simple bastardization of the colour black given her dark hair) had discovered her natural musical talent after practicing on the old guitar in her parents' shop, having been enamored in her own apathetic way with the sound of the ratty instrument since the day it through the doors. Her parents took notice and gave the guitar to their daughter on her thirteenth birthday. Developing her skill over the next few years, Hoa would win a school talent show and, during high school, would play for the music department all the while moonlighting with a nobody band of students. Preferring the melodies over vocals, Hoa was nonetheless complimented for her seldom heard voice, which she herself discredited. Not popular but neither was she a loser. The quiet kid that was maybe a little bit cool. Late in her senior year the part-time band would break up and Hoa, going solo, would take part in a small-time competition at the local concert hall (a dingy sort of place), doing well enough that she would be offered a little known scholarship to Hackerrnan Academy for music studies. Until now the musically inclined girl had given little thought to what she would do after high school, but now that she was being offered a chance, and having nothing else planned, Hoa saw little reason not to accept. At the very least it would be a refreshing change of scenery. A new place and time to discover one's self.

Not that Hoa would make much progress. The girl had all the social grace of a cactus, and all throughout high school she had had the odd misfortune of an androgynous appearance, to the point that she was considered a boy by most of the student body, a fact made none the better by her lack of a girlish figure and overall apathy. Going now into university Hoa seeks not to discover herself but merely aims to go where the flow takes her.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014

Postby Insaeldor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:24 am

Student Name: Abigael Eisen
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Sex: F
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 135
Religion: Lapsed Catholic
Major: Exercise Science, Physical and Health Education
Minor: Biology
Clubs: N/A
Sports Team: Woman's Volleyball
Blood Type: B
Dislikes: Stuff
Biography: Abigael was born in San Marcos California Carlton Eisen and Martha Eisen (neé Rasmussen). Her father was a Sub-lieutenant in the Navy while her mother was a naval medic both of whom served on the USS Boxer. She grew up in the most typical way possible. Her mother always said she took after her dad as she loved to go out to a small creek near her home to catch crawdads and occasionally fish with her younger brother and dad. As she got older however she became more of a "girl" and started to take part in what were usually considered girl things.

When she was in middle school she started to play Volleyball. At first just as a simple pastime and eventually evolved into a major thing for her. When she started to attend Mission Hills High School in San Marcos she quickly picked up on the sport becoming the girls volleyball captain by her Junior year. She also did very well in the sciences, scoring high in her biology and anatomy classes. She eventually graduated in the top 20% of her class and got a small athletic scholarship to Hackerman for volleyball.

Teacher Name: Dimitri Ukhov (goes by Mr. D)
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 230 lbs
Former Occupations: Soldier, Cop, Computer technician.
Educational History: St. Petersburg Military Academy of Physical Fitness Culture and Sports
Academy Occupation: Female Volleyball team coach and Streangth and Conditioning instructor.
Religion: Russian Orthodox
Blood Type: -O
Dislikes: Homosexuals, Obese people, American (((Food))), Muslims.
Biography: Dimitri was born to poor Russian parents in 1974 in the town of Magadan. He grew up having to work versions jobs to help support his family, sometimes he's father would make him fight other children on the docks if Magadan for bet money. When he graduated from school he joined the newly formed Russian army to ensure some form of income for himself. He took classes in physical education at the St. Petersburg Military Academy of Physical Fitness Culture and Sports but was forced over to a communication school during the First Chechen War where he handled radios and paper documents. He commonly jokes that the closest he got to actual combat was CS:GO.
After the war Dimitri finished his classes at the St. Petersburg Military Academy of Physical Fitness Culture and Sports before being being discharged and choosing not to renew his contract. He first found himself working as a Cop in Kyzyl which at the time was one of the most violent cities in the Russian Federation. He eventually quit after 5 months on the force and spent 3 months as a computer tech for the Kremlin before emigrating.
After Emigrating he found a job at the Hackerman Acadamy where he became the volleyball coach as well as the streangth and conditioning teacher.

I'll be redoing Abigael's bio but Mr. D is all set to go.
Last edited by Insaeldor on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:48 am

Time for another academic competitor for academic prestige.

Student Name: Audrey M.L. Letenstiggwin(Make a big anagram for the name change. That's how a linguist does it.)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual(Would I actually have anything to do with another person at this point? Nah.)
Sex: Female(AMAB)(Don't you just love contractions? When they're actually useful and not just lazy text chat like 'brb' or 'gtg', yeah.)
Age: 21(I will murder anyone who brings up that old meme.)
Height: 1.67m, 5'6"(Average height makes shopping for clothes simple and light!)
Weight: 57kg, 126lbs(Not fat, but skinny isn't the word either.)
Religion: Anglicanism/Lutheranism(These two denominations share enough in common the be considered, in linguistic terms, mutually intelligible, though that would only describe them if they were languages and not churchs.)
Major: Linguistics(This will be very useful when I finally move to Europe.)
Minor: Software Engineering, French(One is an excellent back-up plan, the other, a perfect complement for a Linguistics degree)
Clubs: Manga Club(It's a nice opportunity to dabble in Japanese, and relax.)
Sports Team: N/A(Over my dead body, is where the runners would run, if I joined a sports team.)
Blood Type: -O(I think. Can never remember these things...)
Likes: Learning languages(My pride and joy), drawing(Everyone ought to have a hobby), cute little accessories(Uniforms can be made nicer without breaking them, though breaking them would certainly make it much easier...)
Dislikes: Spicy food(And yet I'm from America's Spice Capital), being referred to as her birth name, which only her maternal family members occasionally do(Even if it's a mistake, I don't like it), 'moral conservatives'(I don't care what you think your diets said. I'm perfectly fine the way I am.)
Biography: Audrey was born under a very different to a middle class family in the Deep South and was taught about her family's world view from a very young age. Her great-grandmother, for whom she named herself, taught her extensively on etiquette and the importance of it in addition to providing her with a strong foundation for her linguistic development, until, when Audrey was only five, she died of complications from her Multiple Sclerosis. Despite having only known her great-grandmother for a few years, the things taught to her stayed with her for many years.

Early in her middle school years, Audrey discovered her love for languages and began learning French. While learning French, she found resources for learning other languages. Thus began her dedication to linguistics. Later in her middle school years, Audrey began to find herself disgusted by some of the old-fashioned and backwards beliefs of her relatives as she discovered her true identity, which placed as a firmly LGBTQ individual. With this new sight, she began to search for ways to leave her family for someplace new.

Throughout Upper School she kept her actually opinions hidden, but continued silently preparing for her eventual departure to college, or as she referred to it, freedom. Her original plan called for her to head to Northern Europe, but complications prevented her original plan from going forward, so she made due in America by attending Hackerman Academy, which was in a location near enough to Canada for her to gain access to the correct medical care without quite as many hoops to jump through compared to the American healthcare system.

After three years of treatment, a name change the year before, and a surgery over the summer break, Audrey was finally prepared to move from the boy's dormitory to the girl's dormitory. With the papers in order, and now in the final stages of her transition, Audrey was now undeniably female in both appearance and mentality, rather than merely mentally female. With this weight gone, she now has the mental strength to return to her former mental glory, which means moving up in the academic ladder from her usual third, fourth, or even fifth in grade average, to her perceived rightful place as first, or at least second academically. Now, as an older college student, Audrey both knows the ropes, and has the peace of mind to achieve her final goals.

I thought it'd be fun to add commentary, as if the app was a student application.

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:23 pm

So judging by the application saying students need to be 18+ it's a university this time, correct?
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Dayganistan wrote:So judging by the application saying students need to be 18+ it's a university this time, correct?

Barring child prodigies, most people attend university at age 18+.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:44 pm

Eh, might throw up an app later.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Who wants to be Sam's roommate? :p

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015

Postby Khasinkonia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 pm

The V O I D wrote:Who wants to be Sam's roommate? :p

I'll go ahead. An academic rival ought to be fun to bunk with.

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The V O I D wrote:Who wants to be Sam's roommate? :p

I'll go ahead. An academic rival ought to be fun to bunk with.

And they are both bisexual. *sexual tension intensifies.*

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:13 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Time for another academic competitor for academic prestige.

Student Name: Audrey M.L. Letenstiggwin(Make a big anagram for the name change. That's how a linguist does it.)
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual(Would I actually have anything to do with another person at this point? Nah.)
Sex: Female(AMAB)(Don't you just love contractions? When they're actually useful and not just lazy text chat like 'brb' or 'gtg', yeah.)
Age: 21(I will murder anyone who brings up that old meme.)
Height: 1.67m, 5'6"(Average height makes shopping for clothes simple and light!)
Weight: 57kg, 126lbs(Not fat, but skinny isn't the word either.)
Religion: Anglicanism/Lutheranism(These two denominations share enough in common the be considered, in linguistic terms, mutually intelligible, though that would only describe them if they were languages and not churchs.)
Major: Linguistics(This will be very useful when I finally move to Europe.)
Minor: Software Engineering, French(One is an excellent back-up plan, the other, a perfect complement for a Linguistics degree)
Clubs: Manga Club(It's a nice opportunity to dabble in Japanese, and relax.)
Sports Team: N/A(Over my dead body, is where the runners would run, if I joined a sports team.)
Blood Type: -O(I think. Can never remember these things...)
Likes: Learning languages(My pride and joy), drawing(Everyone ought to have a hobby), cute little accessories(Uniforms can be made nicer without breaking them, though breaking them would certainly make it much easier...)
Dislikes: Spicy food(And yet I'm from America's Spice Capital), being referred to as her birth name, which only her maternal family members occasionally do(Even if it's a mistake, I don't like it), 'moral conservatives'(I don't care what you think your diets said. I'm perfectly fine the way I am.)
Biography: Audrey was born under a very different to a middle class family in the Deep South and was taught about her family's world view from a very young age. Her great-grandmother, for whom she named herself, taught her extensively on etiquette and the importance of it in addition to providing her with a strong foundation for her linguistic development, until, when Audrey was only five, she died of complications from her Multiple Sclerosis. Despite having only known her great-grandmother for a few years, the things taught to her stayed with her for many years.

Early in her middle school years, Audrey discovered her love for languages and began learning French. While learning French, she found resources for learning other languages. Thus began her dedication to linguistics. Later in her middle school years, Audrey began to find herself disgusted by some of the old-fashioned and backwards beliefs of her relatives as she discovered her true identity, which placed as a firmly LGBTQ individual. With this new sight, she began to search for ways to leave her family for someplace new.

Throughout Upper School she kept her actually opinions hidden, but continued silently preparing for her eventual departure to college, or as she referred to it, freedom. Her original plan called for her to head to Northern Europe, but complications prevented her original plan from going forward, so she made due in America by attending Hackerman Academy, which was in a location near enough to Canada for her to gain access to the correct medical care without quite as many hoops to jump through compared to the American healthcare system.

After three years of treatment, a name change the year before, and a surgery over the summer break, Audrey was finally prepared to move from the boy's dormitory to the girl's dormitory. With the papers in order, and now in the final stages of her transition, Audrey was now undeniably female in both appearance and mentality, rather than merely mentally female. With this weight gone, she now has the mental strength to return to her former mental glory, which means moving up in the academic ladder from her usual third, fourth, or even fifth in grade average, to her perceived rightful place as first, or at least second academically. Now, as an older college student, Audrey both knows the ropes, and has the peace of mind to achieve her final goals.

I thought it'd be fun to add commentary, as if the app was a student application.

What's 9 + 10? :P

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:19 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Student Name: Hoa "Blake" Nguyen
Sexual Orientation: Asexual
Sex: Female
Height: 5'0" (152.4cm)
Weight: 98lb (44.5kg)
Religion: Buddhist (non-practicing)

Major: Art
Minor:
  • Theater
  • Writing
Clubs:
  • Manga Club
  • Pen & Paper Club
Sports Team: N/A
Blood Type: O-
  • Being the center of attention.
  • Chinese Food
  • Country Music
  • Creepy-crawlies
  • Early Mornings
  • her Height
  • Reality Television
  • Rude People
  • Talking
Biography:
    Hoa Nguyen was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, September 11th, 1999, granddaughter to Vietnamese immigrants (having come to the United States shortly before the fall of Saigon) and the youngest of three daughters, and although not from a rich or otherwise well-to-do family she and her sisters were never left wanting, her parents' antique shop being enough to support a modest living even at the worst of times. A quiet child, Hoa was often overlooked by her more rambunctious sisters and could usually be found helping in her parent's shop, something which the introverted and studious girl would continue to do so even after starting grade school. Her father was a superstitious man and believed the old building to be haunted (more so when business was bad) and he often told stories of vengeful apparitions, doing much to foster Hoa's interest in ghost stories and the paranormal. Her love of music would come later after an old guitar was sold to the shop.

By middle school Hoa (or Blake, which was a simple bastardization of the colour black given her dark hair) had discovered her natural musical talent after practicing on the old guitar in her parents' shop, having been enamored in her own apathetic way with the sound of the ratty instrument since the day it through the doors. Her parents took notice and gave the guitar to their daughter on her thirteenth birthday. Developing her skill over the next few years, Hoa would win a school talent show and, during high school, would play for the music department all the while moonlighting with a nobody band of students. Preferring the melodies over vocals, Hoa was nonetheless complimented for her seldom heard voice, which she herself discredited. Not popular but neither was she a loser. The quiet kid that was maybe a little bit cool. Late in her senior year the part-time band would break up and Hoa, going solo, would take part in a small-time competition at the local concert hall (a dingy sort of place), doing well enough that she would be offered a little known scholarship to Hackerrnan Academy for music studies. Until now the musically inclined girl had given little thought to what she would do after high school, but now that she was being offered a chance, and having nothing else planned, Hoa saw little reason not to accept. At the very least it would be a refreshing change of scenery. A new place and time to discover one's self.

Not that Hoa would make much progress. The girl had all the social grace of a cactus, and all throughout high school she had had the odd misfortune of an androgynous appearance, to the point that she was considered a boy by most of the student body, a fact made none the better by her lack of a girlish figure and overall apathy. Going now into university Hoa seeks not to discover herself but merely aims to go where the flow takes her.

Accepted. Welcome back Beia.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse