NATION

PASSWORD

Blake Holsey High (OOC/Closed/Rebooted)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Apror
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:40 pm

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:Still here. I only check this from my computer since this isn't my main nation. Really should just start posting from there.

Which character are you, and cool name.

Edit: Nevermind, I saw them.
Last edited by Apror on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment
5. Pro Equality between all people.

Fabulous Rainicorns
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 18, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fabulous Rainicorns » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:54 pm

This is Fabulous Rainicorns from my new main nation. I wanted something shorter and less weird, so of course I made something longer and weirder.
Call me Jake or Jay| Pronouns: he/him/his
HYDRA PFC | The Chaos Brigade PFC

Never let them take the light behind your eyes - My Chemical Romance

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton
Envoy

Founded: Nov 29, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:55 pm

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:This is Fabulous Rainicorns from my new main nation. I wanted something shorter and less weird, so of course I made something longer and weirder.

Somehow that posted from the wrong nation.

EDIT:

Also, I'm dropping Lili and Elijah, and Astier's not on the dorm room list. He should be in with Juliet, I think.
Last edited by Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton on Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J. Alexander Vytherov | they/them
Colonel of The Black Hawks, now retired

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:06 pm

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton wrote:
Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:This is Fabulous Rainicorns from my new main nation. I wanted something shorter and less weird, so of course I made something longer and weirder.

EDIT:

Also, I'm dropping Lili and Elijah, and Astier's not on the dorm room list. He should be in with Juliet, I think.

Yeah, that's correct.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton wrote:Also, I'm dropping Lili and Elijah, and Astier's not on the dorm room list. He should be in with Juliet, I think.

Resend?
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:10 pm

North Daecon wrote:

EDIT:

Yeah, that's correct.

It's been so long I'd kind of forgotten.

Also, I finally figured out how Astier knows French. He's originally from France, but spent quite a bit of time in Quebec as well, so while he prefers metropolitan French, he is also familiar with Quebec French, and will be able to understand Julie.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Corrian wrote:
Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton wrote:Also, I'm dropping Lili and Elijah, and Astier's not on the dorm room list. He should be in with Juliet, I think.

Resend?

I'm a little confused now.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:12 pm

Corrian wrote:Resend?

Er, re-post the app I missed.
My Last.FM and RYM

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:16 pm

Corrian wrote:

Er, re-post the app I missed.

It's kind of unfinished and wrong and I need to go back and finish it, but here it is. Note the actual name is Astier Antoine, though.

Fabulous Rainicorns wrote:Still working on this

Character App

Needed Information

Name: Basil Allister Antoine (His name's actually Allister Basil, but I switched them to avoid confusion with Alastair)

Nickname: Al, Bas

Sex: male

Gender: Doesn't understand the concept of gender. Probably agender. Dresses however he feels like. Often crossdresses.

Picture Appearance: The purple haired one

Job Position: none

Abilities: playing guitar, singing

Origin: (Birth Date, Birthplace, Nationality, etc. Items that would be on your passport, or birth certificate.)

Personality: (The life blood of your character.)

Equipment: (What are you packing? Otherwise we'll just assume your characters wandering around naked and pennyless.)

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment: ( How your character will most likely make a situation work, and how they will react to a situation by trying. Basic DnD alignment grid. While chosen alignment will not rule black and white over choices, it should influence them strongly.)

Blood Type: (A lot more neccesary than you think. If something unfortunate ( :twisted: ) were to happen, A+ Johnny can't just run and IV-up to AB- Jimmy. In which case Jimmys most likely fucked anyway, but you get the point.)

Height, Weight, Body Type: (Pictures are nice, and give a view, but added stats are the cherry on sundays, the milk with cookies, and the presents with Christmas.)

Distinguishing Marks: (Tattoos, piercings, scars, wounds etc. Make him/her stand out from the ordinary peon.)

Bio/History: (If personality is the life blood of your character, this is its heart. A treatise on Life or War & Peace isn't required. But one, two, maybe a few grammatical paragraphs might be nice.)

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice: (An interesting immersion technique that can add a little "OMF!" to your character. Like a few others on this list, it works with human memory and the senses, which make it all that more convincing. And if you don't care about that, well, just abuse it as chance to have [insert favorite person] voice act for you.)

Personal Skills: (From talking well in public, athleticism, works well with their hands, or any little specialized skill a character is good at can influence who they are and where they are useful.)

Sex Orientation: aromantic pansexual

Likes: ( It’s a nice way of boxing in a character, and a good addition for yourself and others.)

Dislikes: school, people, relationships

Disorders & Handicaps: depression
Past Occupations: (People need money, objects, and things in the world and to have this you need a reason. What do you do for a paycheck?)

Fears, Wishes, and Goals: (Each of these three things influence your characters. Fears limit and control them disallowing them from certain activities and providing prejudice towards things or people. Wishes are less like limits due to fear, and more along the line of a way to coax a character towards a goal. Goals are stronger than wishes, and thus can cause more problems.)

Theme Song: (For those aurally minded, or just dramatic like me, a song is always nice. Gives ambiance and adds atmosphere to your character.)

Scent: (Weird? Maybe. But scent is memory. Think about it. If you smell like gasoline, people might think of gas stations or fire and all that comes with it good or bad. Tobacco might make someone think negative thoughts, or another person of someone they love. Alcohol, mint gum, lotion, perfume, sweat, or anything else is going to add individuality and connection to your character.)

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:26 pm

Think everything is sorted out now.
My Last.FM and RYM

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:31 pm

Corrian wrote:Think everything is sorted out now.

Think it looks right. Thanks.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:34 pm

Think it looks right. Thanks.

Mmmmmmm. Yes.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:02 pm

Don't know if this is still open to new people, but I wanted to make an app just in case.

Character App

Needed Information

Name:
Joseph Butcher

Nickname:
Joseph the Butcher

Sex:
Male

Picture Appearance:
http://www.theblackswordsman.com/wp-con ... i_cap7.jpg

Abilities:
Joseph is far taller and stronger than most people his age, able to perform many athletic feats with ease. He is also rather skilled in a fight, a talent that was necessary to learn due to a childhood full of them. Due to his wish to make friends, he has also learnt how to cook quite well, in the hope that it will make people like him more, and he can already bake due to helping out at his parents bakery.

Origin:
Melbourne, Australia
23rd April, 2001

Personality:
Joseph is the kind of person who just wants to live a nice, peaceful life. However, due to a lifetime of people fearing him due to his imposing figure and face whose natural resting position tends to look like a glare, he has become rather bad at talking to people and shy, and actually fairly depressed during normal, daily life. For the people he actually does manage to make friends with, however, he is incredibly loyal and friendly. He has also gone out of his way to learn skills that he thinks might help make people like him, such as cooking.

Equipment:
A few changes of clothes, a phone, a laptop.

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment:
Chaotic good

Blood Type:
B-

Height, Weight, Body Type:
6 ft 7 inches
197 pounds
Very muscular

Distinguishing Marks:
Joseph has a scar across the bridge of his nose from a childhood injury, along with a few smaller ones on the sides of his face.

Bio/History:
Joseph Butcher is an Australian boy, who has always had a fairly depressing school life. Despite his attempts to avoid too much conflict, his intimidating appearance and reputation led to him getting dragged into a lot of fights. This led to his reputation growing even worse, until people were too afraid to even interact with him, and he was too shy to try and bridge the gap.

It wasn't until he started helping at his families bakery that his reputation started to improve, as he was often at the register, meaning people had to interact with him, and were able to see that despite his smile looking like the one you'd see on a serial murderer as he was about to kill you, he was legitimately trying to be friendly.

However, that all changed when his family moved, and now he is in a new school with no friends again.

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice:
Deep and gruff. Think Liam O'brien when he voiced Asura, but with an Australian accent.

Personal Skills:
Strong, athletic, fighting, cooking, baking, creative writing.

Sex Orientation: Heterosexual

Anime, sleep, creative writing, cooking, friendly people, peace and quiet

Dislikes:
Being dragged into fights, people who don't appreciate food.

Disorders & Handicaps:
Does suffer from mild depression.

Past Occupations:
He used to help out in his parents bakery, but he cannot do that much anymore while in a boarding school.

Fears, Wishes, and Goals:
Joseph fears above all else that he will never make any friends due to his appearance, leaving him to a life of loneliness. Similarly, his greatest wish, as well as his main goal, is to try and get people to see around his appearance and befriend him, even if he is too shy to do so a lot of the time.

Theme Song:
Re: Re: - Asian Kung-Fu Generation

Scent:
Bread and Steam
Last edited by Granis on Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:05 pm

Granis wrote:Don't know if this is still open to new people, but I wanted to make an app just in case.

Character App

Needed Information

Name:
Joseph Butcher

Nickname:
Joseph the Butcher

Sex:
Male

Picture Appearance:

Abilities:
Joseph is far taller and stronger than most people his age, able to perform many athletic feats with ease. He is also rather skilled in a fight, a talent that was necessary to learn due to a childhood full of them. Due to his wish to make friends, he has also learnt how to cook quite well, in the hope that it will make people like him more, and he can already bake due to helping out at his parents bakery.

Origin:
Melbourne, Australia
23rd April, 2001

Personality:
Joseph is the kind of person who just wants to live a nice, peaceful life. However, due to a lifetime of people fearing him due to his imposing figure and face whose natural resting position tends to look like a glare, he has become rather bad at talking to people and shy, and actually fairly depressed during normal, daily life. For the people he actually does manage to make friends with, however, he is incredibly loyal and friendly. He has also gone out of his way to learn skills that he thinks might help make people like him, such as cooking.

Equipment:

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment:
Chaotic good

Blood Type:
B-

6 ft 7 inches
167 pounds
Very muscular

Distinguishing Marks:
Joseph has a scar across the bridge of his nose from a childhood injury, along with a few smaller ones on the sides of his face.

Bio/History:
Joseph Butcher is an Australian boy, who has always had a fairly depressing school life. Despite his attempts to avoid too much conflict, his intimidating appearance and reputation led to him getting dragged into a lot of fights. This led to his reputation growing even worse, until people were too afraid to even interact with him, and he was too shy to try and bridge the gap.

It wasn't until he started helping at his families bakery that his reputation started to improve, as he was often at the register, meaning people had to interact with him, and were able to see that despite his smile looking like the one you'd see on a serial murderer as he was about to kill you, he was legitimately trying to be friendly.

However, that all changed when his family moved, and now he is in a new school with no friends again.

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice:
Deep and gruff. Think Liam O'brien when he voiced Asura, but with an Australian accent.

Personal Skills:

Dislikes:

Disorders & Handicaps:

Past Occupations:
He used to help out in his parents bakery, but he cannot do that much anymore while in a boarding school.

Joseph fears above all else that he will never make any friends due to his appearance, leaving him to a life of loneliness. Similarly, his greatest wish, as well as his main goal, is to try and get people to see around his appearance and befriend him, even if he is too shy to do so a lot of the time.

Theme Song:

Scent:
Bread and Steam

I think it's good, just need to get your guy looked at.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:28 pm

EDIT:

I knew I was forgetting someone when I was telling Corri who needed to be added.

Also, it might be a good idea to keep that Fabulous Rainicorns account handy just in case anything goes wrong with your new one.

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton wrote:It's been so long I'd kind of forgotten.

Also, I finally figured out how Astier knows French. He's originally from France, but spent quite a bit of time in Quebec as well, so while he prefers metropolitan French, he is also familiar with Quebec French, and will be able to understand Julie.

Alright, sounds interesting. Even if it does mean that he'll be another person that Peter has to watch his language around.

Pretty much, yes. I mean, technically speaking Rachel's last name is Callahan (instead of Callaham) but, seeing as Sammuramat hasn't posted in the IC for a while, it's not something that's worth worrying about. So just leave it for the time being.

Granis wrote:-SNIP 'EM UP-

We've still got plenty of room; enough dorm space for five boys and five girls.

But yeah, I've got a question, just in case your guy gets accepted: Is he any good as sports? For example, does he play basketball (sorry)? As he's Australian, is he any good at rugby (league or union) or Aussie Rules, which might be helpful if he wants to join the [American] football team? Or does he play something else altogether?
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:34 pm

Elejamie wrote:

EDIT:

I knew I was forgetting someone when I was telling Corri who needed to be added.

Also, it might be a good idea to keep that Fabulous Rainicorns account handy just in case anything goes wrong with your new one.

Captain Albert Alexander Hamilton wrote:It's been so long I'd kind of forgotten.

Alright, sounds interesting. Even if it does mean that he'll be another person that Peter has to watch his language around.

Pretty much, yes. I mean, technically speaking Rachel's last name is Callahan (instead of Callaham) but, seeing as Sammuramat hasn't posted in the IC for a while, it's not something that's worth worrying about. So just leave it for the time being.

Granis wrote:-SNIP 'EM UP-

We've still got plenty of room; enough dorm space for five boys and five girls.

But yeah, I've got a question, just in case your guy gets accepted: Is he any good as sports? For example, does he play basketball (sorry)? As he's Australian, is he any good at rugby (league or union) or Aussie Rules, which might be helpful if he wants to join the [American] football team? Or does he play something else altogether?

He might be good at sports if he tried, but he never really got into any team sports, because nobody wanted to be on his team.

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:58 pm

Lots of chat. Either way, waiting for that sweet reply on IC I suppose.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Westeastern Dicantia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Westeastern Dicantia » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:21 pm

about to write something up
Call me Annika!
| she/her | 22 | Ill-informed transfemme socialist | leftvalues link
| check out the canon version of the lore here Dicantia (wip)

A relatively new, future tech, not empire that is totally the size of and acts a lot like one. Assimilation is voluntary and your territory has been pre-approved! The United Dicantia Directorate will be in contact soon!

Apror
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Apror » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 pm

Westeastern Dicantia wrote:about to write something up

Noice.
What I believe?
1. Christian
2. Pro-Life
3. Pro 1st Amendment
4. Pro Second Amendment

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:46 am

App looks good!

Also, probably get a post up tomorrow. Been tired for hours and half awake.
My Last.FM and RYM

Kyraina
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 12, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Kyraina » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:29 am

Granis wrote:Don't know if this is still open to new people, but I wanted to make an app just in case.

Character App

Needed Information

Name:
Joseph Butcher

Nickname:
Joseph the Butcher

Sex:
Male

Picture Appearance:

Abilities:

Origin:
Melbourne, Australia
23rd April, 2001

Personality:

Equipment:

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment:
Chaotic good

Blood Type:
B-

6 ft 7 inches
167 pounds
Very muscular

Distinguishing Marks:

Bio/History:

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice:

Personal Skills:

Dislikes:

Disorders & Handicaps:

Past Occupations:

Theme Song:

Scent:
Bread and Steam

My god, he is so frigging light for that height, but not at that age. Geez some of these weights make me feek fat when i was 16/17 weighing in at 224 lbs at 6 ft 2 in
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is suppose to go here?

Corrian
Khan of Spam

New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Fri Feb 24, 2017 1:36 am

I guess the weight should probably be adjusted. I failed to process that apparently.

I used to be 118 to 122 at 5'8", but now I'm about 138 to 140.
My Last.FM and RYM

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:50 am

Kyraina wrote:

Character App

Needed Information

Name:
Joseph Butcher

Nickname:
Joseph the Butcher

Sex:
Male

Picture Appearance:

Abilities:

Origin:
Melbourne, Australia
23rd April, 2001

Personality:

Equipment:

Suggested Information

Moral Alignment:
Chaotic good

Blood Type:
B-

6 ft 7 inches
167 pounds
Very muscular

Distinguishing Marks:

Bio/History:

Additional Fun Stuff

Voice:

Personal Skills:

Dislikes:

Disorders & Handicaps:

Past Occupations:

Theme Song:

Scent:
Bread and Steam

My god, he is so frigging light for that height, but not at that age. Geez some of these weights make me feek fat when i was 16/17 weighing in at 224 lbs at 6 ft 2 in

Ah, sorry about that. I'm not very knowledgable about weights and stuff, so I just looked up what the average weight for a 16 year old boy was, and then tried to increase it. What do you think someone of this size would weigh? Because I legitimately don't know.

North Daecon
Minister

Founded: Nov 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby North Daecon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:24 am

Granis wrote:
Kyraina wrote:My god, he is so frigging light for that height, but not at that age. Geez some of these weights make me feek fat when i was 16/17 weighing in at 224 lbs at 6 ft 2 in

Ah, sorry about that. I'm not very knowledgable about weights and stuff, so I just looked up what the average weight for a 16 year old boy was, and then tried to increase it. What do you think someone of this size would weigh? Because I legitimately don't know.

For a 6 foot 7 kid, I guess the average weight would be around 164 to 224 pounds, or 74 to 101 kilograms.

He is just above the lowest average weight number for a person of his height.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:35 am

Alright, I've edited it so now he's 197 pounds instead of 167.

Also, I was wondering how I should introduce my character, as I'm not sure what's really going on at the moment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse