NATION

PASSWORD

[ACCEPTED] Food Fight!

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Orgrua
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

[ACCEPTED] Food Fight!

Postby Orgrua » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Title: Food Fight!

Description: Over the last two weeks, hospitals in @@CAPITAL@@ have been reporting a consistently increasing number of food related check-ins, which has fueled a debate among @@DEMONYN@@ regarding government regulations on food safety.

Validity: All

Option: "I shouldn't have to worry about a possible visit to the hospital if I wanted to go out for a meal!" exclaims @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, as she tosses her McDuffle's wrapper into your garbage can. "The government definitely needs to take a stronger initiative against the restaraunt businesses. They need to have tighter regulations on who, exactly, can serve food out, and not only that, but I think they should ban fast food entirely! Imagine how much healthier @@NAME@@ would be!"

Effect: People sell sausage sandwiches on the black market.

Stats:
Increases: Authoritarianism, Black Market, Health, Lifespan, Industry: Insurance
Decreases: Economic Freedom. Economic Output, Civil Rights, Industry: Beverage Sales, Industry: Cheese Exports, Industry: Pizza Delivery, Obesity, Tourism, Sector: Agriculture

Option: "You guys are out of your mind if you are even considering this," asserts @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, CEO of Burger Jester. "Millions eat fast food every day without problems! People are blowing this 'food poisoning' and 'lack of food safety' thing way out of proportion. I think we should decrease government regulations on fast food and toughen these people up by decreasing funding for public healthcare; let them sort it out!"

Effect: People that go to hospitals vomiting from food poisoning are laughed at.

Stats:
Increases: Sector: Agriculture, Obesity, Economic Output, Industry: Beverage Sales, Industry: Cheese Exports, Industry: Pizza Delivery
Decreases: Authoritarianism, Health, Public Healthcare

Option: "Why does every issue in @@NAME@@ have to have both extremes, but no compromise?" questions @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, a self proclaimed advisor with a questionable background. "Instead of outright banning fast food, or decreasing funding for public healthcare, why not increase funding for education, so people can learn about the negative health effects of fast food? On top of that, let's catapult these sickened people AND the rest of their food into Bigtopia; let them pay for their healthcare!

Effect: Victims of food poisoning hide their symptoms to prevent their brutal deportation to
Bigtopia.

Stats:
Increases: Authoritarianism, Primitiveness, Industry: Arms Manufacturing, Law Enforcement, Public Transport, Youth Rebelliousness
Decreases: Human Development Index, Averageness, Tourism, Cheerfulness, Foreign Aid, Inclusiveness, Public Healthcare

Any suggestions for how to make this better will be appreciated! I would like to get feedback on this before I submit it.
Last edited by Orgrua on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Established: January 31, 2017
National Animal: Elephant
Best Industry: Tourism
Type: Federation
705: The Germ of an Idea
(1.25, -.56)

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:10 pm

Orgrua wrote:Description: Over the last two weeks, hospitals in @@CAPITAL@@ have been reporting a consistently increasing number of food related check-ins, which has fueled a debate among @@DEMONYN@@ regarding government regulations on food safety.
What kind of food-related check-ins?

There are a lot of ways what you eat can be harmful, ranging from outright contamination to having spoiled to containing an excess or shortage of various nutrients. It seems unlikely all of these have seen an upsurge at the same time.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 pm

I like the concept a lot. I'm glad somebody finally wrote an issue regarding food safety :)

But there is no inherit reason why there is a link between unsanitary food and fast food. If anything, someone like McDonalds would be more likely to abide by sanitary food standards than your local restaurant down the road. Also, here are two things you may want to check out

Gutter Oil
HACCP
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Orgrua
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orgrua » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:58 pm

Description: Over the last two weeks, hospitals in @@CAPITAL@@ have been reporting a consistently increasing number of check-ins related to food contamination, which has fueled a debate among @@DEMONYN@@ regarding government regulations on food safety.

Validity: All

Option: "I shouldn't have to worry about a possible visit to the hospital if I wanted to go out for a meal!" exclaims @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, as she throws her crumpled receipt in your trash can. "The government definitely needs to take a stronger initiative with food safety. They need to have tighter regulations on who, exactly, can issue food out to the public, and not only that, but I think they should ban restaurants entirely! Imagine how much healthier @@NAME@@ would be!"

Effect: People sell sushi on the black market.

Stats:
Increases: Authoritarianism, Black Market, Health, Lifespan, Industry: Insurance
Decreases: Economic Freedom. Economic Output, Civil Rights, Industry: Beverage Sales, Industry: Cheese Exports, Industry: Pizza Delivery, Obesity, Tourism, Sector: Agriculture

Option: "You guys are out of your mind if you are even considering this," asserts @@RANDOMNAMEMALE@@, owner of the small town restaurant of @@DEMONYN@@ Gourmet. "Millions of people eat from restaurants every day without problems! People are blowing this 'food poisoning' and 'lack of food safety' thing way out of proportion. I think we should decrease government regulations on restaurants and toughen these people up by decreasing funding for public healthcare; let them sort it out!"

Effect: People that go to hospitals vomiting from food poisoning are laughed at.

Stats:
Increases: Sector: Agriculture, Obesity, Economic Output, Industry: Beverage Sales, Industry: Cheese Exports, Industry: Pizza Delivery
Decreases: Authoritarianism, Health, Public Healthcare

Option: "Why does every issue in @@NAME@@ have to have both extremes, but no compromise?" questions @@RANDOMNAMEFEMALE@@, a self proclaimed advisor with a questionable background. "Instead of outright banning restaurants or decreasing funding for public healthcare, why not increase funding for education, so people can learn about the negative health effects of eating at restaurants? On top of that, for the people that don't head the warnings that the new education will provide them, let's catapult them AND their their food into Bigtopia; let them pay for their healthcare!

Effect: Victims of food poisoning hide their symptoms to prevent their brutal deportation to Bigtopia.

Stats:
Increases: Authoritarianism, Primitiveness, Industry: Arms Manufacturing, Law Enforcement, Public Transport, Youth Rebelliousness
Decreases: Human Development Index, Averageness, Tourism, Cheerfulness, Foreign Aid, Inclusiveness, Public Healthcare

Thanks for your suggestions so far! I put my changes up in blue to keep everything together, so when I submit, everything's in one spot. Any and all critiques of this version would help.
Last edited by Orgrua on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(1.25, -.56)

Orgrua
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orgrua » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Due to a lack of replies, I have submitted. I will update this thread if I receive a telegram.
(1.25, -.56)

Return to Got Issues?