NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
7
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
11
52%
• No
3
14%
 
Total votes : 21

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:27 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:Wait for me to post first please.

Since you're going to post I'll wait for you before moving the little group ahead.


Saint Marguerite Academy wrote:Name: Hitomi Matthews
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Given that her ancestry is likely several generations removed it would make more sense if her surname was Japanese as opposed to her given name (as a family name is more likely to pass through the family no matter its cultural heritage). I won't make you change it but I wouldn't mind if you do. In any case I'm gonna give you a chance. ACCEPTED.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Sarejo
Minister
 
Posts: 3143
Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:55 pm

Alinora wrote:
Sarejo wrote:
OP says no military or law enforcement characters, and there are a few large groups that are each doing their own thing.

Alright just a firefighter then, but can you give me and overall rundown then?


Not too well versed in the IC atm, being busy, however I think there's a military enclave trying to evacuate survivors, a fire station that's dispatching people to help survivors, and my group and another are about to meet up at the Water Tower.
Cheers mates.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 3790
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I'll post tomorrow.

Unless you want to move things along faster Beia.
Last edited by Ithalian Empire on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:13 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:I'll post tomorrow.

Unless you want to move things along faster Beia.

I may be a bit busy until later tomorrow night but I can wait.

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 3790
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:32 pm

Not a particularly long post, but it's a post.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

User avatar
Ontorisa
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8672
Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Ontorisa » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Will attempt to get a post up next week. Busy busy week this week.

User avatar
Alinora
Minister
 
Posts: 2501
Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Working on app.

Are we still in the Emergency Stage where police and all that are running around figuring things out, or are we in that "fuck everyone's dead" phase?

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 3790
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:16 pm

Alinora wrote:Working on app.

Are we still in the Emergency Stage where police and all that are running around figuring things out, or are we in that "fuck everyone's dead" phase?


For the most part, at least from the way the timeline in the OP reads, the country is in anarchy save for a few small pockets of military control. The rest of the world is enveloped in a fog of war, and for sure SHIFT has happened in Chicago long ago.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

User avatar
Alinora
Minister
 
Posts: 2501
Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:21 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Alinora wrote:Working on app.

Are we still in the Emergency Stage where police and all that are running around figuring things out, or are we in that "fuck everyone's dead" phase?


For the most part, at least from the way the timeline in the OP reads, the country is in anarchy save for a few small pockets of military control. The rest of the world is enveloped in a fog of war, and for sure SHIFT has happened in Chicago long ago.

Righto. Does it make sense for my character to have some Firefighter buddies with him?

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:46 pm

Alinora wrote:Righto. Does it make sense for my character to have some Firefighter buddies with him?

There's already an established group of sorts with the CFD. Could well just join in there.

User avatar
Alinora
Minister
 
Posts: 2501
Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Alinora wrote:Righto. Does it make sense for my character to have some Firefighter buddies with him?

There's already an established group of sorts with the CFD. Could well just join in there.

Where are they?

User avatar
Alinora
Minister
 
Posts: 2501
Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:11 pm

Name: Daniel James Maxson
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: German descent
Age/DOB: April 11, age 25
Pic/Description:

Image

Occupation: Chicago Firefighter of 9 years.
Immunity: Immune.

Equipment: Various axes, halligan bars, and other fire equipment. The group managed to scrounge a few pistols, a shotgun, and an old hunting rifle during the chaos, but are limited on ammo.

Skills: Quick thinker, level-headed, charismatic, EMT training
Weakness: Easily attached, stubborn

Personality: Kind and very selfless, being a Firefighter. He will do his best to help people, which may be a weakness in this world.
Likes: Service, bacon, his daughter.
Dislikes: Infected, some cops.
Fears: Losing his daughter and his fellow firefighters.

Bio: A Chicago native, born to a Firefighter dad and a Paramedic mother, Daniel was born to serve. As a child, he had always debated on whether or not he wanted to join the military, be a police officer, or be a fireman, but he was built for it. He was never book smart - never getting honor roll or any achievements for intelligence like his brother and sister, but getting by with a C average. To be fair, he could have done better if he tried, but by the time he was a teenager he was just eager to toss on a set of bunker gear and rush into a flaming building with nothing but his wits and halligan bar. He had beat his way into the Chicago Fire Department when his high school girlfriend, Millie, came up pregnant.

Daniel decided he could do both - be a father, and a firefighter. He graduated from Probationary School and was placed with one of Chicago's busiest houses up in the north side: Engine 19/Truck 11/Ambulance 4, which was known for receiving well over 3,000 calls a year. He worked tooth and nail the first nine months before finally graduating from a Probie to a Firefighter, and it was around this time that Millie gave birth to their daughter: Allison. Being a father and a firefighter quickly proved to be very difficult, and Daniel's relationship with Millie strained as he spent days on end away from home. He loved his job, but often found himself putting work before family. He kept food on the table - sending most of every pay home - but no amount of money could fill his daughter's lack of a father in her life. Eventually, Daniel and Millie broke up, with Daniel gaining joint custody.

By the age of 23, Daniel was living in a single apartment in Chicago's north side, sharing custody with Millie, and trying his best to be a good father to his 5 year-old daughter. Work was straining, and not always as heroic as he had pictured. No person should be forced to see a dead person at least every week - sometimes peacefully, or sometimes ripped apart in a car accident or burned alive in a fire. The emotional trauma often became difficult, for many Firefighters, and breakdowns were common. He could, however, find help in his brother Firemen, who knew the pain. Regardless of the silent toll his job took on him, he tried his best to be a father, and a Fireman.

Then the infection broke out, and everything fell apart. As a First Responder, Daniel and other firefighters were first on scene helping with city-wide evacuations, and Daniel would be lying if he didn't say he had his fair share of experiences with the Infected. His first experience was during an evacuation, where Police and National Guard had set up a blockade, and multiple trucks of Firefighters were on scene. The Infected marched, and while the soldiers and police unloaded on them, few went down. They fired, and fired, and fired, until they were out of ammo, and the infected overran the checkpoint. Daniel nearly lost his life when he was jumped by an infected, but jammed his halligan bar into it's skull, and escaped into the engine with some of the last members of his house. 5 guys, out of an entire house. They escaped with their lives, just barely - stopping at Millie's apartment to get her, and Allie. The crew of 5 Firefighters, with a woman and a child, tried to search around the city for their own family members, but none were found - dead, or infected.

Heartbroken, and low on fuel, the Firemen made their way to the Clinton Fire Department, which has now come under attack by the Infected.

RP Examples: You guys know me.

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Alinora on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Forest State
Senator
 
Posts: 4445
Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:34 pm

I'm going to post tomorrow, but it looks like my inactivity hasn't hurt the thread much because the person waiting on my reply has been busy too. I think the next few weeks hopefully won't be as busy as this last week has been.
don't tread on me

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:15 pm

Alinora wrote:Name: Daniel James Maxson
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

After consideration, ACCEPTED. Heading to Clinton, right?

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:38 am

Posted for the Sears Tower group. It is now raining lightly. Albert di Medici has been killed due to inactivity. Posting more soon.

User avatar
Alinora
Minister
 
Posts: 2501
Founded: Jun 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alinora » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:26 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Alinora wrote:Name: Daniel James Maxson
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

After consideration, ACCEPTED. Heading to Clinton, right?

That, or already there.

User avatar
Saint Marguerite Academy
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 188
Founded: Oct 02, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Marguerite Academy » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:Wait for me to post first please.

Since you're going to post I'll wait for you before moving the little group ahead.


Saint Marguerite Academy wrote:Name: Hitomi Matthews
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Given that her ancestry is likely several generations removed it would make more sense if her surname was Japanese as opposed to her given name (as a family name is more likely to pass through the family no matter its cultural heritage). I won't make you change it but I wouldn't mind if you do. In any case I'm gonna give you a chance. ACCEPTED.


I'll edit it. Thx~!

Name: Luvenia Mizushima
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Near Caucasian, with distant Japanese Ancestry.
Age/DOB: 25
Pic/Description: Hitomi

Occupation: Junior Nurse at one of the major Chicago Hospitals.
Immunity: None.

Equipment: Surgical Knives, basic medical equipment, hunting rifle, foods gleaned from vending machines and convenience stores.

Skills: Due to a sense of self preservation, her evasion skills are rather noticeable. She is also quite studious, writing down notes about the Infected when she's in a safe position for observation.

Weakness: is easily prone to panic, meaning she's not much use fighting the dead on the front lines.

Personality: Luvenia is a borderline pacifist with a slight mean streak. She's increasingly paranoid about the Infected, to the point of near hysteria when she's by herself. Most of the time she's nervously muttering to herself, keeping her current position secure. However, when with other humans or in a safe spot she's passive and quite friendly to those who talk to her.
Likes: cute things, being safe, studying the Infected.
Dislikes: her Supervisor, having to run so much.
Fears: Getting infected.

Bio: Luvenia lived in a rather pleasant part of the U.S. Her father had to move away to the East coast when she was 6, taking the family with him. She grew up in Boston, Massachusetts. At sport, she gained a sense of dodging, as she found she was rather weak at sports in general. The only sport where she was good was Baseball. She played for a little league team when she was 10, and helped win a tournament when she was 12. She participated in a BB-rifle marksman competition where her first shot was a bulls-eye.

During her teenage years, she took an interest in Medicine, eventually graduating from a Boston Medical school with average grades. She was deemed suitable for a Nurse. She was hired by a general hospital in Chicago, where she found herself constantly frustrated with her inept supervisor, who abused the doctor-patient relationship to a Nauseating degree. During the outbreak, she hid in a Private Patient room and avoided any Infected incidents. She survived by scavenging for food and vacating the rather dangerous hospital, though she's starting to go a bit nuts from paranoia and lack of sleep. After deciding the hospital was unsafe, she left rather quickly, fleeing to another safe zone in a hotel near the hospital. She was lucky and hid from the Infected with other hotel residents, but needed to make a quick escape when the Infected started invading the hotel. At present, she is making her way to any safe spot left, having picked up a hunting rifle and ammunition from another survivor who had died from getting mauled by the Infected.

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?p=31075327#p31075327

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564
Last edited by Saint Marguerite Academy on Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Saint Marguerite Academy wrote:\Name: Luvenia Mizushima
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Regardless, still ACCEPTED. I'll try to update the roster soon but you're free to jump in.

User avatar
Tayner
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7891
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tayner » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:48 pm

Saint Marguerite Academy wrote:
I'll edit it. Thx~!

Name: Luvenia Mizushima
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Near Caucasian, with distant Japanese Ancestry.
Age/DOB: 25
Pic/Description: Hitomi

Occupation: Junior Nurse at one of the major Chicago Hospitals.
Immunity: None.

Equipment: Surgical Knives, basic medical equipment, hunting rifle, foods gleaned from vending machines and convenience stores.

Skills: Due to a sense of self preservation, her evasion skills are rather noticeable. She is also quite studious, writing down notes about the Infected when she's in a safe position for observation.

Weakness: is easily prone to panic, meaning she's not much use fighting the dead on the front lines.

Personality: Luvenia is a borderline pacifist with a slight mean streak. She's increasingly paranoid about the Infected, to the point of near hysteria when she's by herself. Most of the time she's nervously muttering to herself, keeping her current position secure. However, when with other humans or in a safe spot she's passive and quite friendly to those who talk to her.
Likes: cute things, being safe, studying the Infected.
Dislikes: her Supervisor, having to run so much.
Fears: Getting infected.

Bio: Luvenia lived in a rather pleasant part of the U.S. Her father had to move away to the East coast when she was 6, taking the family with him. She grew up in Boston, Massachusetts. At sport, she gained a sense of dodging, as she found she was rather weak at sports in general. The only sport where she was good was Baseball. She played for a little league team when she was 10, and helped win a tournament when she was 12. She participated in a BB-rifle marksman competition where her first shot was a bulls-eye.

During her teenage years, she took an interest in Medicine, eventually graduating from a Boston Medical school with average grades. She was deemed suitable for a Nurse. She was hired by a general hospital in Chicago, where she found herself constantly frustrated with her inept supervisor, who abused the doctor-patient relationship to a Nauseating degree. During the outbreak, she hid in a Private Patient room and avoided any Infected incidents. She survived by scavenging for food and vacating the rather dangerous hospital, though she's starting to go a bit nuts from paranoia and lack of sleep. After deciding the hospital was unsafe, she left rather quickly, fleeing to another safe zone in a hotel near the hospital. She was lucky and hid from the Infected with other hotel residents, but needed to make a quick escape when the Infected started invading the hotel. At present, she is making her way to any safe spot left, having picked up a hunting rifle and ammunition from another survivor who had died from getting mauled by the Infected.

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?p=31075327#p31075327

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564


Your character is a nurse? I know a certain survivalist that needs some medical care, although I doubt your nurse would want to help someone who was bitten though :/
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8699
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm

hello. can i make a full immune character???
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
Beiarusia
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 10752
Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:40 pm

Arengin Union wrote:hello. can i make a full immune character???

Yes. Just no military. We also have a lack of Gifted if you're interested.

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8699
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:hello. can i make a full immune character???

Yes. Just no military. We also have a lack of Gifted if you're interested.

So no military period? Or no military full immune??

Could I be a gifted Military???
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
Ithalian Empire
Senator
 
Posts: 3790
Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:02 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Yes. Just no military. We also have a lack of Gifted if you're interested.

So no military period? Or no military full immune??

Could I be a gifted Military???

No millitary as in there will be no more millitary characters.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

User avatar
Arengin Union
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8699
Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:So no military period? Or no military full immune??

Could I be a gifted Military???

No millitary as in there will be no more millitary characters.

Okay. How about police???
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

User avatar
Altito Asmoro
Post Czar
 
Posts: 33371
Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:34 pm

Arengin Union wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Yes. Just no military. We also have a lack of Gifted if you're interested.

So no military period? Or no military full immune??

Could I be a gifted Military???


No more military characters.

Also post soon.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bolslania, Mifan, Talchyon

Advertisement

Remove ads