NATION

PASSWORD

Unable to delete TGs

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Unable to delete TGs

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:00 pm

Hey,
Not sure if just me, but after clicking expand all on a couple of nations, I can't delete individual TGs. I can unexpand all and select a specific one and delete it, and I can click select all and delete, but the button for deleting on an individual TG when they are all expanded doesn't do anything.
Thanks
Flanderlion
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm

If you're looking at Sent TGs, that's by design. Nobody can delete their own Sent TGs. They are the only copy of a given telegram on the server. All the addressee gets is a link to that TGID. Deleting it would delete every copy everywhere.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:38 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:If you're looking at Sent TGs, that's by design. Nobody can delete their own Sent TGs. They are the only copy of a given telegram on the server. All the addressee gets is a link to that TGID. Deleting it would delete every copy everywhere.

This is the inbox I'm meaning.

https://www.nationstates.net/page=teleg ... lder=inbox

Click expand all, then try to delete a TG. I've sent you 'test'. After you click collapse all and click on a specific TG the delete button works, but not when you have all the TGs expanded, at least for me (Chrome, Windows 10).

Didn't actually know that about the sent TGs thing. I just thought if you managed to delete it you'd be taken off the list of people who can view the TG like it does for receivers.
Information
Wishlist

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:41 pm

Works fine for me on Firefox 50 for Ubuntu. Fully expanded, deleting one TG from the Inbox.

Edit: It worked fine when I ticked the checkbox and deleted at the bottom of the page, but you're right about not being able to use the embedded Delete button in the telegram when fully expanded.
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:29 pm

Frisbeeteria wrote:Works fine for me on Firefox 50 for Ubuntu. Fully expanded, deleting one TG from the Inbox.

Edit: It worked fine when I ticked the checkbox and deleted at the bottom of the page, but you're right about not being able to use the embedded Delete button in the telegram when fully expanded.

Yep, that was my issue. Never tried to use it before today, so not sure if this something that's been messed up a while or something new. Good to know it's not just on my end.

I had a look and console said this if that helps:

Uncaught ReferenceError: adkit is not defined
at i (adkit.js:2)
at adkit.js:2
at adkit.js:2

But I couldn't actually see the difference in the two buttons (delete in expand all and delete in a single TG), but thankfully my browser is slightly smarter.
Information
Wishlist

Glen-Rhodes
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 25, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Glen-Rhodes » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:44 pm

It's actually an issue with how the TG page's jQuery is structured. When you hit "expand all" the jQuery accordion is deleted. But the "Delete" button in the individual TGs is calling on functions found in the accordion, so you get an error and the script stops before it gets to the deleting-the-TG part.

jQuery accordions don't natively support a "show all" function, from what I can tell.

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:44 pm

Should be fixed now. Thanks for the report.

Flanderlion
Minister

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:01 pm

[violet] wrote:Should be fixed now. Thanks for the report.

Thanks for the quick fix, working fine now for me, and thanks GR and Fris as well.
Information
Wishlist

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical