NATION

PASSWORD

Demens Chosen [PL: Into the Abyss - CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:16 pm

Google docs/spreadsheet users: if you access these via your mobile device/tablet, please take a moment to read this: viewtopic.php?p=30939345#p30939345. We don't want people caught unaware when they cut off older versions.

Holy Lykos wrote:
Cerillium wrote:It's giving me grief and won't let me edit my last post. Urg.

IC replies look fantastic. NA I'll reply when I'm back home. Will get the others, too.

Got it. I'm enjoying the convo between Myra and Mag so far :D

Ditto. I figured you could use it to establish the Jedi side of him better.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:52 pm

So have you had a chance to look at my new app yet? Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I'm kind of working myself up and getting all nervous about it.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:57 pm

Granis wrote:So have you had a chance to look at my new app yet? Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I'm kind of working myself up and getting all nervous about it.

It will be a few. I've got a lot of smaller things piling up.

@Slo. Would you be willing to have the aquarium for the b'fish set up beside the front desk? Would make it easier for Volker/whoever to slap one in an ear. Better - a goldfish bowl with one or two in it (since we won't use them all that often). To move things along, I'll establish that the Manager sifted through the boxes because Sandy sent to the Building's general delivery box as well, on the off chance Amanda wouldn't be back in time to provide for the things in crates.
Last edited by Cerillium on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:01 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Granis wrote:So have you had a chance to look at my new app yet? Sorry if I'm being annoying, but I'm kind of working myself up and getting all nervous about it.

It will be a few. I've got a lot of smaller things piling up.

@Slo. Would you be willing to have the aquarium for the b'fish set up beside the front desk? Would make it easier for Volker/whoever to slap one in an ear.

Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:04 pm

Cerillium wrote:@Slo. Would you be willing to have the aquarium for the b'fish set up beside the front desk? Would make it easier for Volker/whoever to slap one in an ear. Better - a goldfish bowl with one or two in it (since we won't use them all that often). To move things along, I'll establish that the Manager sifted through the boxes because Sandy sent to the Building's general delivery box as well, on the off chance Amanda wouldn't be back in time to provide for the things in crates.

Yup. I mentioned that previously:

Northwest Slobovia wrote:She's stuck with a menagerie to care for: the Babelfish -- I imagine we'll arrange to keep some at the Front Desk for newcomers, but the Belas might as well care for them -- Sandy's parrot, and Nick's new pets: a mouse and a snake. There will be much swearing when nobody is around to hear. :P

Oh, and Thad would be the person who asked for the lizard samples for analysis? He's a xenologist, right?

New apps still in progress. Raiders is taking most of my available RPing time.
Last edited by Northwest Slobovia on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:12 pm

*offers penguin*
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Will check IC now. I've been embracing me pirate spirit. Got ye olde jolly roger housted up in the living room and singing to Dropkick Murphys and Alestorm.

Good times.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:23 pm

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Sal.

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate

How often can you post? About maybe once or twice every few days; been busier than usual with real life things.

CHARACTER PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
Character Name: Henry Lawson

Character Gender: Male

Species (nation personification, human, alien, etc): Human

Appearance: Henry has an otterish-body-- Moderately muscular swimmer's body with a height of about 5"8' and weighs about 120 pounds. Has black hair with a grayish-white shine or sheen on his tips. His eyes are an interesting color of a lilac or pastel purple (whether or not these are contacts are natural makes people guess and curious about it). Fair-skinned with a light tan. Wears a pair of big-rimmed "nerd" glasses as his peers tease him about with an ear piercing on his left ear.
Prefers to wear jock-like jackets with jeans and beanies, graphic tank tops with shorts and flip flops for casual wear, and for something semi-formal: rather classy and elegant, but still comfortable and versatile. Like a cardigan sweater with a shirt and tie underneath with brown pants and dress shoes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Henry

Character Occupation: Not a real job at the moment, but works part-time in a local restaurant as a waiter.

Character's biggest strength: A man of creativity and arts, Henry has a natural gift when it comes to playing musical instruments, writing poetry, cooking and creating dishes.

Character's worst flaw: As charming and creative he might be, Henry uses this to put up a small front. He in fact is rather insecure about himself, and constantly judging everything that he says or does either when alone or when with others, and can become easily embarrassed or anxious when something goes wrong to the point of having panic attacks when provoked.

OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective:
Due to his past, he wants to prove to himself as well as others around him that he has the ability to make it on his own and work his way up to the top without the help of anyone of anything. That with his own hardships and work, that he can become just as successful and respected as his parents and more. And while doing so, try to become more comfortable with himself as a person as a whole.

Secondary Objectives:
Henry is still trying to find out more about the place that he resides. He want to become familiar with the ones that he lives with and try to get even more understanding about them, their situation, as well as himself if necessary.
Also being a rather naturally curious guy and avid learner, he wants to pursue more knowledge and learn new things in life so that he can improve and modify them towards getting him towards his primary objective.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
    Knows how to play musical instruments/virtuoso
  • Piano
  • Violin
  • Saxophone
    Intermediate to expert-levels of cooking
  • Main expertise is in baking

-Can write decent poetry

Multilingual
  • English
  • French (Not really fluent, but can understand and speak it)
  • Spanish (Better at reading it than speaking it)

-Knows how and can drive

Highly athletic
  • Great stamina and strength
  • Can play sports (soccer, hockey, and volleyball)

SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND TALENTS
These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Virtuoso/Creativity (Includes cooking): 2
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Athleticism/Endurance: 1
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Zoopathy: 2
  • Ability 4 and Points Spent:

OPTIONAL SUPERNATURAL CHARACTERISTICS
You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List:

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List:
  • Smartphone w/charger
  • Headphones; earbuds
  • Wallet with about $100 (3 20's, 2 5's, and 1 10) and the usual
  • Laptop w/charger

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character aquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training:
  • Middle School- High School: Got his diploma; where he learned majority of his French and Spanish and sports attributes
  • University: Went to a university in New England (Specifically New York) where he got his Bachelor's in Biology and Master's in Animal Science. Got his Associates as Veterinarian Technician while in Texas
  • Learned how to drive from his parents
  • Learned how to play the piano and violin from a private tutor since 3 as well as high school years; learned to play saxophone on his own and by a friend
  • Went to cooking school to get a more detailed understanding, but his personal chef taught him the basics
  • Parents taught him about the basics of real estate and business; albeit rusty on it

Character Background/Biography:
Born in the great hipster city of Austin, Texas, Henry Lawson's parents were some of the wealthiest people in the state, both being real estate tycoons throughout Texas. For the past 12 years of his life, he and his family, which were living the dream. He went to some of the best schools in the city and made lots of friends with the local elites' children; only due to his parents forcing him to, making them more like acquaintances rather than friends. But other than that, everyone was happy and enjoying life. At a young age, Henry was a musical prodigy, learning how to play the piano and violin at 3 and the saxophone at 7. His parents have taught him some of the things that they learned in real estate and business at the age of 10 when he fully understood the concept of it. They thought that by doing that, that Henry will follow in their footsteps and carry on the real estate empire they build.

Since a young age, Henry always loved animals and and his dream was to work with them. He could name almost animal or that he saw and what they ate, lived, and almost everything that you can think of due to the large amounts of time reading books about them and going to museums of science and natural history. And with the family, dog, he became more close friends with him as well as other animals rather than other children or people in general. Something that his family never understood.

But all that soon came to an end. There was a large economic crash in Texas, resulting in the housing prices to fall drastically and people to move out, which resulted in the Lawson family to lose nearly lose their billion dollar empire and even file for bankrupt. This was a sudden and drastic effect of the crash was that they family had to sell their house, land, and all their belongings. His parents were forced to get minimum-waged jobs and Henry was forced to go from the award-winning private schools of elites to the average public school at the age of 13, something that was basically hell to him due to the amount of bullying and harassment that both his private and public school friends due to his sudden economic class change. And without nobody to help him, Henry used music and the comforting of animals as a coping mechanism for his pain and despair.

As time passed, Henry gotten use to his change. He excelled in school and was the number one student in every class and grade up until he went to high school. When he graduated high school as valedictorian, he was awarded with a scholarship to one of the best colleges in the country for animal science and biology. His dream to work with animals were starting to become a reality. Now, he's has his degree in Animal Sciences and with that, hopes to prove that he can make it without the help of his family or selling and buying houses. And do what he always wanted to do.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like)
Just a 1 bedroom

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
One...
Two...
He is all that remains of an once powerful nation (Showtime)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Sal
Image Link: Henry Lawson
Brief Description for Bio:
Once a man of an elite family in Texas, Henry had everything that he wanted and needed in life. Money, excellent education, creative skills and artistic values that made him almost a prodigy, and lots of friends. But even so, behind all of this greatness and luxurious expenses hides a small, anxious, and insecure young man that can only seem to find solace in his skills and in the presence of animals.
After the economic crash in his city and state, he lost all of the things that made him and his family known and respected by all and will now have to live the normal everyday life of everyone who were below him. But even so, as long as he can fulfill his dreams and wishes then this event could only be seen as a stepping stone for him and his ambitions and dreams that await him towards a brighter future.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.
Last edited by Saldinado on Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:25 pm

Will try to squeeze in the Dining Room tonight. Have to review apps first.

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:56 pm

Working on app reviews and updating the link farm. I just noticed the post count between Swith's Christmas one-shots.

Code: Select all
Swith's Christmas One-Shots
[post=11828264]2012[/post]
[post=17749981]2013[/post]
[post=22904455]2014[/post]
[post=27153235]2015[/post]
[post=30736366]2016 Festive & Not So Festive[/post]

18,908,102 posts on NS between her 2012 one-shot and the 2016 one. That's a metric crapton.

Makes me wonder if we should have backup archives for our setting data.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Backups isn't a bad idea, imo.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Cerillium wrote:Working on app reviews and updating the link farm. I just noticed the post count between Swith's Christmas one-shots.

18,908,102 posts on NS between her 2012 one-shot and the 2016 one. That's a metric crapton.

Curiously, it's slowly slowing down. By year, the deltas (for the first four digits) are:

Which is odd, as we have more active nations. More people joining just to play the actual game? More R/D? More enthusiastic moderation?
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Torrocca
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Democratic Socialists

Postby Torrocca » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Northwest Slobovia wrote:
Cerillium wrote:Working on app reviews and updating the link farm. I just noticed the post count between Swith's Christmas one-shots.

Curiously, it's slowly slowing down. By year, the deltas (for the first four digits) are:

Which is odd, as we have more active nations. More people joining just to play the actual game? More R/D? More enthusiastic moderation?

It's obviously a conspiracy.

Look out for the triangles!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
They call me Torra, but you can call me... anytime (☞⌐■_■)☞
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NOTICE 1: Anything depicted IC on this nation does NOT reflect my IRL views or values, and is not endorsed by me.
NOTICE 2: Most RP and every OOC post by me prior to 2023 are no longer endorsed nor tolerated by me. I've since put on my adult pants!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:16 pm

Dammit Blackajack!

Anyway, MB is standing around for new chars of PL vets. Ring the bell or bring out the WD40 to get his attention :P
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
mumblemumblemumble

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:57 pm

Granis wrote:Alright, well, here's my new app. I tried to write it based on everyone's suggestions, so thanks for the help! If anything still needs to be changed, just let me know.

CODE: SELECT ALL
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Granis

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced):intermediate

How often can you post? Most of the time. I check my rps multiple times a day.

Character Name: Shiromainu Iso

Appearance:
Face:
http://static.zerochan.net/Doujima.Ryou ... 044660.jpg
Armour:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/mon ... 0704164726
URL to Character Picture, if any:

Character Occupation: Hunter

Character's biggest strengths: Knows a lot about hunting, and is very good at it, particularly with a longsword.

[b]Character's biggest weaknesses: Pretty much everything else. If it isn't related to hunting, he probably doesn't know it. He is also very shy around new people, only really having known the people in the village all his life.

OBJECTIVES
[b]Primary Objectives
are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Secondary Objectives are minor goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Objectives such as "making friends" or "finding love" are NOT acceptable. Please put much though into your character's objectives - they are what flesh out your character and one of the most important aspects necessary to portray the character as 3D.

Primary Objective: Hunt giant monsters, so he can carve off parts of them to turn into better weapons and armour, and then use those weapons and armour to fight even bigger monsters. He will repeat this until he is the greatest monster hunter in the omniverse.

Secondary Objectives: Learn to craft more items, and perhaps learn to smith so he can create his own weapons and armour from monster materials. Also learn how to cook, seeing as he no longer has any felyne chefs to cook his meals for him.

MUNDANE SKILLS
These do NOT require points. These are the average, daily things your character can do. Examples are "drive a car", "speak one Foreign Language", "play a guitar", "write poetry". Some mundane skills come from your bio and are freebie. A soldier has gone through Basic training. However, Medic, martial arts or sniper would be a Specialized Skill or Talent.

List Mundane skills here
Basic training in all hunter weapon types available as of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Knowledge of how to create simple items by combining ingredients, such as the basic MH health potion.
Good understanding of when to time his attacks and dodges.
Knows how to mine and gather materials from the wild.

These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, wizarding, piloting etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent:
    Longsword training, 3
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent:
    Hunter level strength, 2
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent:
    Hunter level endurance, 1
    Hunter level dexterity, 1

You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time.

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS
If it's not on this list, your character doesn't have it. Magical items are rare and hard to come by. Please list what they can/can't do - treat them like a supernatural thing. Items not allowed: anything that can alter time; anything that allows a character to teleport beyond a few feet.

List:
Not sure if these should be considered magic or not, so I'm putting them in here to be safe.

Full Kut-Ku armour set, upgraded to level 11: Offers decent defence against melee attacks, and resistances to fire. Weak to water, ice and dragon elements.

Eager Cleaver: a massive katana created using machalite ore, iron ore, and electro sacks harvested from previously hunted Khezus. Thanks to these electro sacks, the weapon is imbued with a powerful electric charge, shocking whatever it cuts.

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List:
Hunters pouch
10 paint balls
5 potions
1 mega potion
10 whetstones
1 shock trap
3 tranq bombs
10 herbs
10 blue mushrooms

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character aquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary and secondary objectives into it.

Education or Training: Hunter training from his parents.

Character Background/Biography: Iso grew up in a small village named Lokomo, which was out of the way of just about everything, far from the rest of civilisation. The only information he ever got from the outside world were from the hunters and representatives of the hunters guild, his own parents included. Every night as a child, he would sit in the guild hall and listen to the hunters tales until well past the time the rest of the village children had gone to sleep.

Because of this, most felt it was no surprise that he became a hunter himself, taking up the longsword like his mother had, although still occasionally training with a light bowgun like his father. As one might expect, he became rather good at it, quickly rising to rank 4 missions.

However, during a particularly gruelling hunt where he had to fight a Rathalos, a powerful wyvern that regularly served as a wake up call for young hunters, he was knocked off a cliff.

When he woke up, he was in a place he didn't recognise, and he was covered in small injuries from the hunt.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mon ... 0623110545

Link to RP examples: (this MUST be a DIRECT LINK to your IC post in an RP, NOT a link to the RP thread itself. If you don't have examples, make your biography good.)
Shit.
This wasn't what Jeremy wanted...

He'd just been so angry, but he'd never wanted to trigger some kind of trauma!

"Hey, are you alright?"

It was just a small shudder, small enough that some people might not have picked up on it, but the timing indicated that at least some small part of her heard him.

He sighed.

"Alright, listen. I'm sorry I blew up at you. I don't know if you registered anything I was saying, but if you didn't, I've had a bad couple of days. But you have to understand that, while it is a big part of it, I'm not just thinking the war that'll start."

He paused, looking at the ground as he thought back to his actions the day before. How e was trying desperately to negotiate his way out of certain death. How, in the spur of the moment, he guilt tripped Lia into complying peacefully so he could survive. How he guilt tripped a fucking child into going somewhere that obviously held horrible, horrible trauma for her so he didn't have to die.

It made him feel sick.

"She... needs us." He said, before looking up and staring the woman dead in the eye. "Lia needs us. She needs her brother, and you, and anyone else we can find. We have to save her. I have to save her, and I'll need help for that. So please, tell me where I can find her brother, and stop him before he gets killed going after the wrong people!"

He dropped to his knees, lowered his head to the ground, and hoped to god that she'd believe him enough to actually help him.

"I'm begging you, help me save the person who sold her freedom to save me!"

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
One paragraph that sums up your character. This paragraph is what we'll use on your player tab on the first page of the thread. This MUST be brief. Your tab will contain a link to your application so people will have full details.
The nickname you go by on NS: Granis
Image Link:
Face:
Armour:
Brief Description for Bio: A friendly, if shy, low level monster hunter... from Monster Hunter.

Please direct questions to the OP or the CoOPs. Thanks for applying. Bear in mind that it can take several days for applications to be approved; check back often.

The only problem you're going to face is his primary objective. He doesn't know he's from Monster Hunter. He knows he was just sucked out of his homeland and into a new place. Thus all monsters he sees are the same as back home. This can lead to major problems with trying to work him in. Our wyvern are different and some of them are PCs.

Your character goals need to fit in with the game setting, not the other way around. PL is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover. The premise is an Enemy Mine approach where typically Good Guys, like your character, have to work alongside Villains, meaning other Residents that are a touch evil or monstrous, to defeat the Greater Scope Villain or a Big Bad which will destroy them all. Thus monsters and monster hunters are equal protagonists and on the same team.

That doesn't mean he won't work. It does mean that he needs an objective other than "hunt monsters and carve parts off them". Otherwise he'll have no motivation (because we aren't going to allow him to do this) or he'll eventually stumble upon Scel the wyvern-looking alien. I imagine that would go somewhat like this.

The armor would need to be a 5 or less in PL mechanics.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:22 pm

Cerillium wrote:
Granis wrote:Alright, well, here's my new app. I tried to write it based on everyone's suggestions, so thanks for the help! If anything still needs to be changed, just let me know.

CODE: SELECT ALL
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Granis

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced):intermediate

How often can you post? Most of the time. I check my rps multiple times a day.

Appearance:
Face:
Armour:
URL to Character Picture, if any:

Character Occupation: Hunter

Character's biggest strengths: Knows a lot about hunting, and is very good at it, particularly with a longsword.

[b]Character's biggest weaknesses: Pretty much everything else. If it isn't related to hunting, he probably doesn't know it. He is also very shy around new people, only really having known the people in the village all his life.

OBJECTIVES
[b]Primary Objectives
are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Primary Objective: Hunt giant monsters, so he can carve off parts of them to turn into better weapons and armour, and then use those weapons and armour to fight even bigger monsters. He will repeat this until he is the greatest monster hunter in the omniverse.

Secondary Objectives: Learn to craft more items, and perhaps learn to smith so he can create his own weapons and armour from monster materials. Also learn how to cook, seeing as he no longer has any felyne chefs to cook his meals for him.

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here
Basic training in all hunter weapon types available as of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.
Knowledge of how to create simple items by combining ingredients, such as the basic MH health potion.
Good understanding of when to time his attacks and dodges.
Knows how to mine and gather materials from the wild.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent:
    Longsword training, 3
    Hunter level strength, 2
    Hunter level endurance, 1
    Hunter level dexterity, 1

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:
Not sure if these should be considered magic or not, so I'm putting them in here to be safe.

Full Kut-Ku armour set, upgraded to level 11: Offers decent defence against melee attacks, and resistances to fire. Weak to water, ice and dragon elements.

Eager Cleaver: a massive katana created using machalite ore, iron ore, and electro sacks harvested from previously hunted Khezus. Thanks to these electro sacks, the weapon is imbued with a powerful electric charge, shocking whatever it cuts.

EQUIPMENT

List:
Hunters pouch
10 paint balls
5 potions
1 mega potion
10 whetstones
1 shock trap
3 tranq bombs
10 herbs
10 blue mushrooms

BACKGROUND

Education or Training: Hunter training from his parents.

Character Background/Biography: Iso grew up in a small village named Lokomo, which was out of the way of just about everything, far from the rest of civilisation. The only information he ever got from the outside world were from the hunters and representatives of the hunters guild, his own parents included. Every night as a child, he would sit in the guild hall and listen to the hunters tales until well past the time the rest of the village children had gone to sleep.

Because of this, most felt it was no surprise that he became a hunter himself, taking up the longsword like his mother had, although still occasionally training with a light bowgun like his father. As one might expect, he became rather good at it, quickly rising to rank 4 missions.

However, during a particularly gruelling hunt where he had to fight a Rathalos, a powerful wyvern that regularly served as a wake up call for young hunters, he was knocked off a cliff.

When he woke up, he was in a place he didn't recognise, and he was covered in small injuries from the hunt.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/mon ... 0623110545

Shit.
This wasn't what Jeremy wanted...

He'd just been so angry, but he'd never wanted to trigger some kind of trauma!

"Hey, are you alright?"

It was just a small shudder, small enough that some people might not have picked up on it, but the timing indicated that at least some small part of her heard him.

He sighed.

"Alright, listen. I'm sorry I blew up at you. I don't know if you registered anything I was saying, but if you didn't, I've had a bad couple of days. But you have to understand that, while it is a big part of it, I'm not just thinking the war that'll start."

He paused, looking at the ground as he thought back to his actions the day before. How e was trying desperately to negotiate his way out of certain death. How, in the spur of the moment, he guilt tripped Lia into complying peacefully so he could survive. How he guilt tripped a fucking child into going somewhere that obviously held horrible, horrible trauma for her so he didn't have to die.

It made him feel sick.

"She... needs us." He said, before looking up and staring the woman dead in the eye. "Lia needs us. She needs her brother, and you, and anyone else we can find. We have to save her. I have to save her, and I'll need help for that. So please, tell me where I can find her brother, and stop him before he gets killed going after the wrong people!"

He dropped to his knees, lowered his head to the ground, and hoped to god that she'd believe him enough to actually help him.

"I'm begging you, help me save the person who sold her freedom to save me!"

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS: Granis
Image Link:
Face:
Armour:
Brief Description for Bio: A friendly, if shy, low level monster hunter... from Monster Hunter.

The only problem you're going to face is his primary objective. He doesn't know he's from Monster Hunter. He knows he was just sucked out of his homeland and into a new place. Thus all monsters he sees are the same as back home. This can lead to major problems with trying to work him in. Our wyvern are different and some of them are PCs.

Your character goals need to fit in with the game setting, not the other way around. PL is a Massive Multiplayer Crossover. The premise is an Enemy Mine approach where typically Good Guys, like your character, have to work alongside Villains, meaning other Residents that are a touch evil or monstrous, to defeat the Greater Scope Villain or a Big Bad which will destroy them all. Thus monsters and monster hunters are equal protagonists and on the same team.

That doesn't mean he won't work. It does mean that he needs an objective other than "hunt monsters and carve parts off them". Otherwise he'll have no motivation (because we aren't going to allow him to do this) or he'll eventually stumble upon Scel the wyvern-looking alien. I imagine that would go somewhat like this.

Ok, I'll try and alter his objective to something which, while still mostly the same, will be able to make it so he can technically accept not killing and carving his teammates to make armour from their skin.

And are you talking about the armour level being 11 when you say 5 or less? Because you don't have to worry. Even at level 11, Kut-ku armour isn't that great compared to most of the armour in the game. It's actually rather weak, because the yian kut-ku is probably the weakest proper wyvern in the game. You start fighting them in the first few hours in most of the games. It would probably be around level 3 in this...

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:32 pm

Granis wrote:
Cerillium wrote:

Ok, I'll try and alter his objective to something which, while still mostly the same, will be able to make it so he can technically accept not killing and carving his teammates to make armour from their skin.

And are you talking about the armour level being 11 when you say 5 or less? Because you don't have to worry. Even at level 11, Kut-ku armour isn't that great compared to most of the armour in the game. It's actually rather weak, because the yian kut-ku is probably the weakest proper wyvern in the game. You start fighting them in the first few hours in most of the games. It would probably be around level 3 in this...

Actually wait, could we change the objective in the IC? Like he's totally prepared to fight all the dragons and wyverns in the room, and then someone tells him why he can't? And after that happens, I'll change the objective to mention that he's been told he cant do it to the ones on his team. I can't imagine that being anything but humorous, and it'll fit we'll with what you mentioned about me dealing with the person transforming into a dragon soon. I feel like its a win win!

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Saldinado wrote:
#PLAPP
(Image)
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Sal.

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate

How often can you post? About maybe once or twice every few days; been busier than usual with real life things.

Appearance: Henry has an otterish-body-- Moderately muscular swimmer's body with a height of about 5"8' and weighs about 120 pounds. Has black hair with a grayish-white shine or sheen on his tips. His eyes are an interesting color of a lilac or pastel purple (whether or not these are contacts are natural makes people guess and curious about it). Fair-skinned with a light tan. Wears a pair of big-rimmed "nerd" glasses as his peers tease him about with an ear piercing on his left ear.
Prefers to wear jock-like jackets with jeans and beanies, graphic tank tops with shorts and flip flops for casual wear, and for something semi-formal: rather classy and elegant, but still comfortable and versatile. Like a cardigan sweater with a shirt and tie underneath with brown pants and dress shoes.

URL to Character Picture, if any: Henry

Character Occupation: Not a real job at the moment, but works part-time in a local restaurant as a waiter.

Character's biggest strength: A man of creativity and arts, Henry has a natural gift when it comes to playing musical instruments, writing poetry, cooking and creating dishes.

Character's worst flaw: As charming and creative he might be, Henry uses this to put up a small front. He in fact is rather insecure about himself, and constantly judging everything that he says or does either when alone or when with others, and can become easily embarrassed or anxious when something goes wrong to the point of having panic attacks when provoked.

OBJECTIVES
Primary Objectives are your character's main goals. This should be the thing that drives their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Primary Objective:
Due to his past, he wants to prove to himself as well as others around him that he has the ability to make it on his own and work his way up to the top without the help of anyone of anything. That with his own hardships and work, that he can become just as successful and respected as his parents and more. And while doing so, try to become more comfortable with himself as a person as a whole.

Secondary Objectives:
Henry is still trying to find out more about the place that he resides. He want to become familiar with the ones that he lives with and try to get even more understanding about them, their situation, as well as himself if necessary.
Also being a rather naturally curious guy and avid learner, he wants to pursue more knowledge and learn new things in life so that he can improve and modify them towards getting him towards his primary objective.

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here
    Knows how to play musical instruments/virtuoso
  • Piano
  • Violin
  • Saxophone
    Intermediate to expert-levels of cooking
  • Main expertise is in baking

-Can write decent poetry

Multilingual
  • English
  • French (Not really fluent, but can understand and speak it)
  • Spanish (Better at reading it than speaking it)

-Knows how and can drive

Highly athletic
  • Great stamina and strength
  • Can play sports (soccer, hockey, and volleyball)

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Virtuoso/Creativity (Includes cooking): 2
  • Ability 2 and Points Spent: Athleticism/Endurance: 1
  • Ability 3 and Points Spent: Zoopathy: 2

• Ability 1:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 2:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths:
    Weaknesses:
    Restrictions:
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:

EQUIPMENT

List:
  • Smartphone w/charger
  • Headphones; earbuds
  • Wallet with about $100 (3 20's, 2 5's, and 1 10) and the usual
  • Laptop w/charger

BACKGROUND

Education or Training:
  • Middle School- High School: Got his diploma; where he learned majority of his French and Spanish and sports attributes
  • University: Went to a university in New England (Specifically New York) where he got his Bachelor's in Biology and Master's in Animal Science. Got his Associates as Veterinarian Technician while in Texas
  • Learned how to drive from his parents
  • Learned how to play the piano and violin from a private tutor since 3 as well as high school years; learned to play saxophone on his own and by a friend
  • Went to cooking school to get a more detailed understanding, but his personal chef taught him the basics
  • Parents taught him about the basics of real estate and business; albeit rusty on it

Born in the great hipster city of Austin, Texas, Henry Lawson's parents were some of the wealthiest people in the state, both being real estate tycoons throughout Texas. For the past 12 years of his life, he and his family, which were living the dream. He went to some of the best schools in the city and made lots of friends with the local elites' children; only due to his parents forcing him to, making them more like acquaintances rather than friends. But other than that, everyone was happy and enjoying life. At a young age, Henry was a musical prodigy, learning how to play the piano and violin at 3 and the saxophone at 7. His parents have taught him some of the things that they learned in real estate and business at the age of 10 when he fully understood the concept of it. They thought that by doing that, that Henry will follow in their footsteps and carry on the real estate empire they build.

Since a young age, Henry always loved animals and and his dream was to work with them. He could name almost animal or that he saw and what they ate, lived, and almost everything that you can think of due to the large amounts of time reading books about them and going to museums of science and natural history. And with the family, dog, he became more close friends with him as well as other animals rather than other children or people in general. Something that his family never understood.

But all that soon came to an end. There was a large economic crash in Texas, resulting in the housing prices to fall drastically and people to move out, which resulted in the Lawson family to lose nearly lose their billion dollar empire and even file for bankrupt. This was a sudden and drastic effect of the crash was that they family had to sell their house, land, and all their belongings. His parents were forced to get minimum-waged jobs and Henry was forced to go from the award-winning private schools of elites to the average public school at the age of 13, something that was basically hell to him due to the amount of bullying and harassment that both his private and public school friends due to his sudden economic class change. And without nobody to help him, Henry used music and the comforting of animals as a coping mechanism for his pain and despair.

As time passed, Henry gotten use to his change. He excelled in school and was the number one student in every class and grade up until he went to high school. When he graduated high school as valedictorian, he was awarded with a scholarship to one of the best colleges in the country for animal science and biology. His dream to work with animals were starting to become a reality. Now, he's has his degree in Animal Sciences and with that, hopes to prove that he can make it without the help of his family or selling and buying houses. And do what he always wanted to do.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
Just a 1 bedroom

One...
Two...
He is all that remains of an once powerful nation (Showtime)

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS: Sal
Image Link: Henry Lawson
Brief Description for Bio:
Once a man of an elite family in Texas, Henry had everything that he wanted and needed in life. Money, excellent education, creative skills and artistic values that made him almost a prodigy, and lots of friends. But even so, behind all of this greatness and luxurious expenses hides a small, anxious, and insecure young man that can only seem to find solace in his skills and in the presence of animals.
After the economic crash in his city and state, he lost all of the things that made him and his family known and respected by all and will now have to live the normal everyday life of everyone who were below him. But even so, as long as he can fulfill his dreams and wishes then this event could only be seen as a stepping stone for him and his ambitions and dreams that await him towards a brighter future.

Do you remember much of the setting or will you need some help getting back into the groove?

You'll need to use the updated app. It defines Ojective and goals better. We need to find a way to make him be something other than a person that sits around.
    "Due to his past, he wants to prove to himself as well as others around him that he has the ability to make it on his own and work his way up to the top without the help of anyone of anything. That with his own hardships and work, that he can become just as successful and respected as his parents and more. And while doing so, try to become more comfortable with himself as a person as a whole."
It would work if the RP was just a setting where characters interacted while going through daily life. It leaves him lacking in the current setting, however. He'll need to work with others in order to survive. And he knows he's no longer in his home dimension. He was thrust into an entirely new place and learned from Amanda that things were a far cry from what he knew. There's no chance of going home to his parents, thus no chance of being successful and respected in their eyes or in his old community.

The Residents have just returned to the Building after a horrible Christmas ruined by the need to hunt boar and the untimely death of Tora at the hands of another Resident. They were told they need to start working together to defeat a mutual enemy. They've been asked to gather up equipment and bring it to a meeting that evening. (It's now morning in the IC - the meeting's at 6 PM.)

Henry can fit in if he takes char!Bran's old spot as someone manning the community kitchen. He'd fill an essential role and characters could go there for coffee and to unburden after a hard battle. He might even go on a mission if it required a musician. It might become a bit boring for you as a player however.

But if we played with his app a bit we could find other ways for him to contribute. His animal empathy would come in handy on missions that require a wild creature retrieval. He would have been absolutely useful on Sheepquest in that regard. We'd need to add points to that talent.

@ Granis. Yep. List it at level 3 then, so we don't forget that it's not a PL "11" stat. He could come in with that objective in mind, but I'd like to have a hard objective in print before he comes in. It helps me tailor things for you as a player.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:34 pm

Granis wrote:
Cerillium wrote:

Probably so. It's better to keep to PL scale so other players not familiar with Monster Hunter will have an idea of how things go. :)

Pedit Objective is overarching, so it won't be affected by his introduction; but he won't necessarily encounter them right away.
mumblemumblemumble

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Cerillium wrote:Do you remember much of the setting or will you need some help getting back into the groove?

You'll need to use the updated app. It defines Ojective and goals better. We need to find a way to make him be something other than a person that sits around.
    "Due to his past, he wants to prove to himself as well as others around him that he has the ability to make it on his own and work his way up to the top without the help of anyone of anything. That with his own hardships and work, that he can become just as successful and respected as his parents and more. And while doing so, try to become more comfortable with himself as a person as a whole."
It would work if the RP was just a setting where characters interacted while going through daily life. It leaves him lacking in the current setting, however. He'll need to work with others in order to survive. And he knows he's no longer in his home dimension. He was thrust into an entirely new place and learned from Amanda that things were a far cry from what he knew. There's no chance of going home to his parents, thus no chance of being successful and respected in their eyes or in his old community.

The Residents have just returned to the Building after a horrible Christmas ruined by the need to hunt boar and the untimely death of Tora at the hands of another Resident. They were told they need to start working together to defeat a mutual enemy. They've been asked to gather up equipment and bring it to a meeting that evening. (It's now morning in the IC - the meeting's at 6 PM.)

Henry can fit in if he takes char!Bran's old spot as someone manning the community kitchen. He'd fill an essential role and characters could go there for coffee and to unburden after a hard battle. He might even go on a mission if it required a musician. It might become a bit boring for you as a player however.

But if we played with his app a bit we could find other ways for him to contribute. His animal empathy would come in handy on missions that require a wild creature retrieval. He would have been absolutely useful on Sheepquest in that regard. We'd need to add points to that talent.

I think that I get the gist of things, but a recap is never bad. Might make more sense than what I'm thinking of.

And ah, okay. Would be more logical for him to try and prove to himself that he doesn't need any help or money to survive on his own? This could also be a rather crucial flawed trait for him due to the amount of pride that he'll have from this and his stubbornness to ask for help from others.

And I see...So do the Residents have a specific type of equipment(s) they must bring, or is it just grabbing equipment? And he knows the basic premise of the whole common enemy thing from Nick while at the bar. Just needs to be informed IC and be set.

And having him as the chef seems like an interesting job. If it can help him build up relationships with the others as well as complete one of his objectives than I'm up for it. And I'm fine with a little boring situations. I've been in worst ones, plus I can use it as a form a development for him in the future if he does go on the mission.

Cool. I'm all ears on how to work with his app some more.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:53 pm

Alright, I've edited the app. Hopefully these ones should be reasonable while still maintaining the base motivation.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:08 am

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: Prim

Skill Level: Intermediate

How often can you post? Once every two days.

Character Name: Baron Primordial

Species: Luxan (Luxans are relatively human but have various extra organs, as well as increased speed, strength, stamina and toxic tolerance. However such a physiology requires a massive amount of calories and a Luxan starves at three time the rate of a normal human.)

Appearance: Alternates between a withered sinister old man and a sly deceptive looking youth.

URL to Character Picture, if any: OldYoung

Character Occupation: Luxan Ambassador

Character's biggest strength: A high intelligence due to magical and scientific study.

Character's worst flaw: Problems developing emotional bonds and coming off as untrustworthy due to warped sense of morality.

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
Primary Objectives

Primary Objective: Rebuild the DEiMOS

Minor Goals: Contact powerful entities to rebuild the meta-physical structure of the DEiMOS, find a trustworthy and skilled magi-technician to aid in physical repairs, recover the lost relics that were scattered during the jump to Galli, recover and replace lost books and laboratory devices scattered across Galli, locate new relics and devices to enhance the DEiMOS's power and his reputation, collect large amounts of knowledge either from written works or by exploring and recording the features of Galli,

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here
Other Languages (Greek, Latin, Egyptian, Arabic), Luxan RoTC training, Mount Riding, Drive most vehicles vehicles, play piano, Luxan Religious theology, Other minor skills picked up growing up

These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc.

• Ability 1 Magical knowledge and craft: 4
  • Ability 2 Scientific knowledge and craft: 2
  • Ability 3 Political Insight: 1
  • Ability 4 Stalking to Kill: 2

• Ability 1: R’lyehian Matrix
    Power Level: 4
    Strengths: Primordial can use hidden laws of reality and non-euclidian science to alter distances and locality. This allows Primordial to select two points or objects, then a target. For that unique target, the distance between the two points or objects can be increased or decreased immensely.
    Weaknesses: Primordial needs to be focused on visualizing the Matrix and creating the change but the change is stable for ten minutes once created.
    Restrictions: The bigger the change in distance or the more targets effected the more time required to visualize the full matrix. A single target and doubling a distance may take a few seconds, multiple targets may take a minute, and multiplying distances by ten make require several minutes.

• Ability 2: Third Eye of the Key
    Power Level: 3
    Strengths: Grants the Baron four-spatial-dimensional sight. This allows him to see in all directions at once, see inside of closed space, see around corners, or view an entire enclosed space simultaneously.
    Weaknesses: This power cannot see into magically protected areas or behind round or spherical spaces.
    Restrictions: Is incredibly disorienting and he cannot use it for longer than five minutes without becoming nauseous. Needs a five minute break between casting.

• Ability 3: Dreams of the Deep Gods
    Power Level: 7
    Strengths: Allows a person to meet with, view, converse with, or experience one of the sunken mythos creatures related to Cthulhu which includes Dagon, Hydra, star-spawn, deep ones Zoth-Ommog, Ghatanothoa, and Cthulhu. Their responses are as alien as they are and may merely be commands, helpful advice, unhelpful advice or barely understandable knowledge to be determined with the OPs when the issues present itself.
    Weaknesses: Ritual requires that the user goes into a dark, wet, area below sea level and cut themselves repeatedly while muttering certain chants. Takes about an hour to complete and can be dangerous if too much blood is spent.
    Restrictions: Can only be used in a realm, dimension, plane of existence where the creatures in question exist. Cthulhu obviously doesn’t exist in Demens' realm but Deep Ones might. So usually Luxans would have to leave this dimension to use it. The OP controls the creatures, their reactions, and responses.

• Ability 4: Summon Shantak
    Power Level: 0
    Strengths: Not Yet Learned
    Weaknesses: Not Yet Learned
    Restrictions: Not Yet Learned
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List:
  • Witstealer: Blade steals random memories with quick cut, longer cuts steal specific memories.
  • Portable Force Field: A ring that projects an energy one meter around Primordial. This field burns up projectiles like bullets and disrupts energy attacks making them less lethal.
  • Mythos Laboratory: a quasi-magic quasia science workroom that allows the Luxan to build and accomplish many feats of technology and science. Many of the more advanced and necessary pieces have been lost.
  • Mythos Library: A half digital half physical vault of books and knowledge from across the Luxan Territories and taken during the Luxan’s travels. Many of the tomes have been lost.
  • Mythos Store Room: The vault of the Luxan’s contains all kinds of strange materials and substances used in magical and scientific works as well as numerous relics of notable power. Much of the relic have gone missing and numerous materials have been reduced in quantity.

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List: .38 Automatic + Ammo, Clothing, Luxan SmartRings (act as a smart phone, pictures, internet, calling, etc..), $134.32 in Luxan Currency, A silver cane with a short copper knife in the handle.

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.

Education or Training: ROTC Military training, PhD in Metaphysical Physics, PhD in Trans-dimensional Reality, PhD in Celestial Chemistry

Character Background/Biography: Primordial is a typical Luxan who comes from a world where witchcraft and sorcery go hand in hand with science and engineering. A world with deviant morals that raises children to believe in an uncaring world and deal with their mental problems through torture. It’s people so nulled to basic joy’s and passions that their sensory organs randomly interpret pain and please, while they commit acts of random surgery to achieve perfect aesthetic standards. It’s a world that worships the fundamental underlying universal forces as gods and monster known as Great Old Ones and Outer Gods.

Primordial grew up as the son of middle class family and watched and his family grew in prestige becoming Barons in their own right. His father served as an important businessman and leader of his hometown, and it was his prevention of a financial crisis that earned his family it’s title. Primordial always looked up to his father and strove to be like him hoping to make sure that their family title wouldn't be tarnished or left as a mere prefix.

He attended both Lavi University and Miskatonic University in order to gain a number of degrees which helped him become an inner circle scientist at RADICAL. The Research And Development In Cosmic Assets Laboratory is a Luxan Defense program designed to create military weapons and public tools. He worked very closely on the DEiMOS project along with several other scientists and was awarded the title of Baron for being on the team to successful create the first DEiMOS on purpose. Following this award he was given a scholary grant by the Silver Twilight Lodge to research other dimensions. The Silver Twilight Lodge represents a unique religious club of Luxa’s most privileged elite and Primordial knew that that reward for his exploration would be membership with them and cementing his families title.

Hiring his good friends Insidious, a famous artist, and Aegis, a lauded soldier, he set out to explore the fringes of the universe. Up until this point Luxa had only been able to maintain real contact with other universes were another version of Luxa existed or where the Great Old Ones held control. With the DEiMOS they can break into other universes. Primordial and his team spent ten years travelling to different universes, finding their wisest planets and libraries then ransacking them of knowledge to send back to the homeland.

With just five years left on his mission the Baron arrived on a planet he called “Dabfia’s World”. There he met with the other members of the Apartment Block. At first he tried to raid and pillage the world knowledge as best he could, but he quickly found him embroiled in the schemes of the residents. He made fast friends with a group of sentient raptors, recorded the exploits of an entire pantheon of gods and fight off drone invasions. Eventually the Baron forgot the reason he was here in the first place.

Then the Yellow Event happened and Primordial was killed in the cross fire of a minor god war as the Unspeakable Ones boundary collided with Dabfia’s world for a single moment at a single location. While Primordial’s body was dead, his long time in the DEiMOS had left an imprint of his consciousness their were he slowly reconstructed a body. The process severely damaged the DEiMOS and trapped Insidious and Aegis inside as well. Only the actions of the people they had come to rob, subjugate and attack freed them. It was then that the Baron had revelation and resolved to work with the other residents rather than in spite of them. However no long after he had resolved to acquire his knowledge through more peaceful means was he spirited away to GALLIMAUFRY where he needs to find a way to fix his DEiMOS, help his friends, and find some enemies he can horribly maim like the good old days.

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture:pic

Link to RP examples:See previous Personification Life Posts

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS: PL, Luxa or Prim
Character Name: Primordial
Image Link: OldYoung
Brief Description for Bio: A royal from the Luxan Empire sent to explore alternate universes he has grown out of his old violent tendencies and is now fighting to help his friends while plundering the universe of relics and arcane secrets

I have trimmed down the DEiMOS capabilities and restricted it library and laboratory abilities.
I love the idea of the Luxans going around trying to reclaim parts of it and hope that it provides a good way for other players to pull me into their plots.
I alter the main goal to suit that.
Tell me if anything needs addition changes.
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:10 am

Where might the pieces of DEiMOS be, Prim?
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:52 pm

Tornado warnings galore right now.

Pretty sure I looked out my window and saw on down the street, lol. Bring it on, bitch-ass wind.

Should be over soon though. No problems.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Kollin
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kollin » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Well here's this because i'm bored, my computer is too crap to play games, and a long time ago i used to be able to write super well. Assuming no one here remembers me into terrible form (i'd pray if i was religious :P) and also assuming i don't horrendously fuck something up likely attributed to various mental ailments, then i also have character number 2 already planned out completely with number 1 going to be the springboard for drawing them in. YAY! only took me like 3 months of staring, re-working stuff from my canon to fit better, and then building self esteem to overcome paranoid shyness and fear. new record, if there was one to begin with >.>

This is also going to be posted as a WIP, because it is my first time attempting a proper full re-work of extremely essential mechanics in my own delusional canon, and also because i tend to make my biographies really goddamn big. So i figured just poke the attempted re-workings out, re-work again if necessary, before writing said really big biography.

#PLAPP
PERSONIFICATION LIFE
CHARACTER APPLICATION 2.0

PLAYER INFORMATION
NS nation nickname: K, Kol, or just Kollin

Skill Level (beginner, intermediate, advanced): Intermediate? I'm not sure anymore, it's been a few years.

How often can you post? As frequently as i desire, am needed, or capable barring certain mental problems.

Character Name: Elesis Garen

Character Gender: Female

Appearance:

URL to Character Picture, if any: This

Character Occupation: FKK Initiate Grade 'Squire' Class 3

Character's biggest strength: Endless motivation, the functioning drive behind the current situation of Elesis' life supplies her with a blank check for ambition. Death would be required for this supply to run out, conveniently, death is the most likely end to her goal.

Character's worst flaw: Indecisive, inexperienced, and tossed from a small but raging fire straight into the caverns of a cataclysmic supernova. Equipped, ready, and among the best on her home world, the vast planes of existence she'd be dragged into are overwhelming to an insurmountable degree. In heated situations applying brute force to her still new training, Elesis' endless motivation is known to sit still in the paralyzed confusion of indecision, and fear of that one, final mistake.

OBJECTIVES AND GOALS
Primary Objectives are what drive's your character's actions and their part of the plot. When not engaged in stories, these are what occupy your character's thoughts or keep them busy. Examples include: acting on a desire to become a powerful and respected leader; attempting to overcome some horrible thing in the past which hinders the character on a day-to-day basis; seeking to break out their shell by overcoming profound shyness (getting involved with stories); comping to terms with a major flaw that inhibits the character from reaching full potential; etc.

Minor Goals. These should be an undercurrent for your character when they are engaged in stories or on their free time. They are what your character does to aid them in achieving their Primary Objectives. Examples include: acquiring weapons and becoming proficient with each one; improving sundered relations with a companion; improving their reading comprehension; mastering news spells; researching a cure for a plague; etc.

Primary Objective: Saving Elsword, her home planet.

Minor Goals: Survive FKK training, and pick her path towards Void Knight. Retirement, and eventually creating a chain of her own combat schools on Elsword, after she's helped rebuild it. Sending her younger brother to become a Knight on far greater depths than he imagined, and finally, with any luck, getting her mentor to actually be a living thing with feelings, if not simply because it's amusing seeing her resist.

MUNDANE SKILLS

List Mundane skills here
Basic cooking skills, only good for self sustenance, since she won't complain to herself about her own cooking. Probably.
Advanced command skills of multiple types of vehicles, most of which probably don't exist yet, but happen to include modern earth automobiles.
Writing, she's actually quite bad at it, but in such a way that makes one assume the point was comedic genius.
Can speak multiple languages, almost all of which are going to be irrelevant, since no one but her on this new planet will speak them.

These are specialized skills that set you apart from the average person. You have 7 points to spend here. Examples are swordsmanship, sniper, coercion, medic, spellcraft, piloting helicopter, manipulate water, etc.

• Ability 1 and Points Spent: Swordsmanship, REALLY good swordsmanship even before training. 7

You have 7 points to spend here on supernatural skills or abilities. Sonic Scream, Levitation, Spell Casting, Shape Shifting etc. Superman MUST have his kryptonite thus weaknesses are things which inhibit the ability. Restrictions are what can't they do with their power or what balances it. They can only use it when they genuinely need it? They can't use it for more then five minutes without serious side-effects? Some things are allowed without points. A pegasus has wings thus it can fly. A raptor is fast thus no points are spent in speed. These "natural" abilities should be listed here, however. What isn't allowed: teleportation beyond a few feet; the ability to alter or go back/forward in time. IMPORTANT: You might need a knowledge in Specialized Skills and Talents in order to work these abilities. Example: you'll need "manipulate water" to do just that, and this section is where you record what water manipulation abilities the character has.

• Ability 1: El Fire
    Power Level: 2
    Strengths (what it does): Effectively similar to the firebending from the referenced Avatar Series in the OP, just a different power source, and requiring a buff from ability 2.
    Weaknesses (what counters it): Water, lack of hair, most solid, non flammable structures (most of the time), stepping out of the way.
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character): Must avoid burning self, is significantly weakened without ability 2's support, potential for collateral damage, and a very low risk of exhaustion.

• Ability 2: 'Being' Set: Red, Type: 13
    Power Level: 5
    Strengths (what it does): Is a basic 'magical' energy based on the mind of self aware, sapient beings, which all possess. It functions based on mindset, mental capabilities, emotions, etc. Primarily internal, the Being when trained passively acts as a shield to certain levels of damage, and increases all physical attributes. Levels of training can enable 'phantom' limb generation, for example giving yourself wings of fire. The most extreme honing and training can even turn this internal force into something powerful enough to duel certain gods from it's realms, insanely rare as this is (and not possessed by this character), and also unlocks a 'hyper' or Theta State of extremely heightened power, which in most cases permanently devastates the user mentally, and is very difficult to repair or overcome.
    Weaknesses (what counters it): Certain levels of abilities and attacks focused on the mind can be extraordinarily dangerous, both to the target, and the opponent. For the opponent, they risk triggering Theta State, and the more common Omega State, causing extreme backlash into them dependent on the Set of the Being.
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character): Based on emotions, this means someone who uses their Being often and requires it (like the FKK do), MUST have a very strong grip on their emotion. A failure to keep this can result in either the Being suffering from dampening or neutralization, or an even more dangerous, completely uncontrolled Theta eruption, extremely likely to kill the user, and possibly everyone in a varying radius depending on how long it lasts. This also means times of excess mental stress can make them dangerously vulnerable, and weaker then even a mundane human. Mental stress can also cause cracks, scratches and tears, often permaneant damage which can lead to a rare illness known as DRifTing.

• Ability 3:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):

• Ability 4:
    Power Level:
    Strengths (what it does):
    Weaknesses (what counters it):
    Restrictions (limitations or other factors that hamper it/the character):
MAGICAL OR SPECIAL ITEMS

List: Greatsword 'Infernus'

EQUIPMENT
This is what your character has on their person at the very moment when they are pulled from their home dimension. Laptop? Firearm? Cigarettes and matches? Don't abuse this. They won't be clutching an entire bunker.

List: CloudNet Carssus Adapative Armoring System.
CloudNet Ascension Heightened Central Processing Capability Unit
FKK Regulation Full Body Cybernetic Enhancement Protocol
Greatsword 'Infernus'
MK 17 Compact Multi Purpose Plasma Rifle (Shrinks and compacts right into a neat little backpack compartment, only 9.99 extra)
MK 4 Electron Pistol
FKK Survival Kit Class 5 (The Beyond FT Assassin Knight's goto pack of supplies for 5 days.)

BACKGROUND
Be detailed please. You must explain how your character acquired their skills, talents, abilities, and special items. Wrap your primary objectives and goals into it.

Education or Training: FKK Squire Class Initiation Training (Combat related, weapon mastery, strategy, that kinda stuff)
FKK Squire Class Initiation Survival Training (As reads on the tin, includes espionage training, and extreme conditioning to the extreme for no extra charge.)

OTHER GAME MECHANICS
URL to Apartment Picture: (What's the inside of their apartment look like) https://blog.appfolio.com/wp-content/up ... 00x200.jpg

Link to RP examples: They're all on my old account, so hopefully my biographies are still way in excess of necessary like they used to be.

IMPORTANT FINAL STEP:
The nickname you go by on NS:
Character Name: Elesis Garen
Image Link: Here
Brief Description for Bio: A somewhat seemingly normal young adult girl, who speaks of a vast unimaginable set of dimensions far away, where she's supposedly some 'badass in training' hoping to return home and save it from the clutches of an existential war.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse