NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:44 pm

Helsary wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:No.

Alright. I was just asking to know if I should prepare for something like that. Guess the only threat is the infection, then.

Edit: Infection and other survivors trying to burn you alive, that is. *looks at Anowa suspiciously*

You realized a few posts too late.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:51 pm

Anowa wrote:
Helsary wrote:
Alright. I was just asking to know if I should prepare for something like that. Guess the only threat is the infection, then.

Edit: Infection and other survivors trying to burn you alive, that is. *looks at Anowa suspiciously*

You realized a few posts too late.

I'll have Vladimir drag the body out to leave as bait for the infected behind us, as well as pocket the keys since you didn't list them as in the backpack.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Anowa wrote:You realized a few posts too late.

I'll have Vladimir drag the body out to leave as bait for the infected behind us, as well as pocket the keys since you didn't list them as in the backpack.

I would like to note that Nelsary has yet to post Chain's reaction. So assuming him dead and pulling him free of the vehicle would be godmodding.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:05 pm

OBJECTIVE
    • Special Delivery
      South of Langham Hotel there is an overturned Lincoln Navigator, black and quite obviously having been used to haul supplies, which have long since been stolen. The only thing left is the driver strapped into the front seat, dead from the crash. His driver's license identifies him as Antonio Bianchi. Not much else can be found, however, in the cab there is a note with orders to make a delivery to "Albert", as well as directions to a nearby penthouse on Michigan Avenue. Couldn't hurt to check out.
    GOAL:
      - Find the SUV and the note.
      - Find the Penthouse.
    REWARD:
      None
    OUTCOME:
      The Penthouse may well have been a safe bastion in the chaos of downtown Chicago, but alas human error (or foolishness) has tainted this safe zone. Yes, the supplies are still there, waiting for some bold adventurer to claim them, but the man that had sought to defy the outbreak has met an untimely end. His bones will forever lay in wait for his final delivery.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:07 pm

Anowa wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:

I would like to note that Nelsary has yet to post Chain's reaction. So assuming him dead and pulling him free of the vehicle would be godmodding.

Fair enough, I was speaking more to the point of when it was my turn to post as I can't see him getting out alive after that. But you do have a valid point nonetheless.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:12 pm

Concerning the poll, for those having said the map could be better I would like to have feedback. Your criticisms allow me to fix problems I may otherwise overlooked.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:14 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Concerning the poll, for those having said the map could be better I would like to have feedback. Your criticisms allow me to fix problems I may otherwise overlooked.

I feel like the area north of Columbus Park and west of the movie theatre is way too empty. Like, that's still a pretty densely populated area, surely some stuff must be there of note.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Ontorisa wrote:I feel like the area north of Columbus Park and west of the movie theatre is way too empty. Like, that's still a pretty densely populated area, surely some stuff must be there of note.

That's mainly an issue of not putting stuff in their yet. Not dismissing your thought but I expect the map to get more populated as time goes on. That said, I can start plotting some points-of-interest.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Concerning the poll, for those having said the map could be better I would like to have feedback. Your criticisms allow me to fix problems I may otherwise overlooked.

I see there's a Food-4-Less near KHS, is that tied into one of the objectives or is it just a point of intrest? I can't find a refrence to it anywhere but I'm not sure.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Tayner wrote:

I see there's a Food-4-Less near KHS, is that tied into one of the objectives or is it just a point of intrest? I can't find a refrence to it anywhere but I'm not sure.

POI.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:22 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Tayner wrote:I see there's a Food-4-Less near KHS, is that tied into one of the objectives or is it just a point of intrest? I can't find a refrence to it anywhere but I'm not sure.

POI.

Ok. I might have to swing by there after I deliver the MRAP to Echo-6.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:25 pm

Tayner wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:
POI.

Ok. I might have to swing by there after I deliver the MRAP to Echo-6.

It was actually gonna have an Objective tied to it, just never got it posted. Think Super Duper Mart.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

OBJECTIVE
    • Flight of the Valkyrie
      James Sullivan has made an emergency landing in downtown Chicago, his Cessna Denali having made it to the city on fumes and a prayer. Safely landed atop the CNA Building, the man must find a source of fuel if he plans to continue his journey westward. A task easier said than done. Anyone offering a helping hand, however, may well find themselves with a one-way ticket out of Chicago.
    GOAL:
      - Search for fuel at O'Hare International Airport.
      - (OPTIONAL) Search for fuel at Midway International Airport.
    REWARD:
      Cessna Denali

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Tayner wrote:Ok. I might have to swing by there after I deliver the MRAP to Echo-6.

It was actually gonna have an Objective tied to it, just never got it posted. Think Super Duper Mart.

That's literally what I was thinking. I'll wait for the objective to pop up before I go there.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:36 pm

OBJECTIVE
    • Starvation
      Most grocery stores were looted extensively during the riots, however, an influx of Infected has kept the wares of the local Food 4 Less relatively intact, and for anyone willing to brave the aisles there awaits a veritable treasure trove of nonperishable goods. Many scavengers have since met their end here, consumed by the horde, but maybe you will fare reasonably better? Unlikely.
    GOAL:
      Loot the grocery store.
    REWARD:
      - Bottled Water x8
      - Boxed Food x11
      - Canned Food x20
    OUTCOME:
      The grocery store was just too dangerous for a thorough search. No one was killed but nothing of note was found either. Maybe another time.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Veroxia wrote:Name:Wallace Fredrickson
DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

ACCEPTED.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:29 pm

I'll prolly take the starvation mission. Just got out of the medical bay for heat exhaustion, pretty mad for a bunch of unfits to volunteer as a second wave of EOD operators.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:32 pm

Relikai wrote:I'll prolly take the starvation mission. Just got out of the medical bay for heat exhaustion, pretty mad for a bunch of unfits to volunteer as a second wave of EOD operators.

They stick you with an IV?

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:36 pm

Tayner wrote:
Relikai wrote:I'll prolly take the starvation mission. Just got out of the medical bay for heat exhaustion, pretty mad for a bunch of unfits to volunteer as a second wave of EOD operators.

They stick you with an IV?

IV, some cooling packs and lots of water. Induce lots of fluid discharging and ends with a paracetamol shot to prevent myself from burning up too much.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:43 pm

Relikai wrote:
Tayner wrote:They stick you with an IV?

IV, some cooling packs and lots of water. Induce lots of fluid discharging and ends with a paracetamol shot to prevent myself from burning up too much.

Wow. I've never fallen out due to heat exhaustion, but that sounds like a lot of recovery. Especially with the needles.

I was thinking about taking the Starvation mission after I finished the Graduation mission, maybe we could encounter eachother before/during it and work together and/or fight eachother to get the food?

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Huh, I almost feel like I'm playing a game!
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:45 pm

Vacif wrote:Huh, I almost feel like I'm playing a game!

I take that as a good thing?

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Tayner wrote:
Relikai wrote:

Wow. I've never fallen out due to heat exhaustion, but that sounds like a lot of recovery. Especially with the needles.

I was thinking about taking the Starvation mission after I finished the Graduation mission, maybe we could encounter eachother before/during it and work together and/or fight eachother to get the food?

Aye it was a particularly hot day, and we were on standby at the runway for 30 mins without shelter or water. I sweat much more than the average person, and when we finally got into our EOD attire (Helmet, vest and the stuff), the 200m run and the will to beat the previous squadron's timing just inflated the stress factor which had a few of us sitting down with minor blackouts.

Could work. I'll be making my intro post soonish, since it's the weekend and all.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Elerian wrote:Anyone wanna meet up with Phil? Or is there anyone at the aquarium?

No takers?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:12 pm

Elerian wrote:
Elerian wrote:Anyone wanna meet up with Phil? Or is there anyone at the aquarium?

No takers?

Japanada, Kaidou, and Barapam are at Shedd Aquarium.

EDIT: Posted for Shark and Ithalian.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse