NATION

PASSWORD

OUTBREAK (Survival, Reboot) - OOC / Hiatus

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Are you still here and/or interested in keeping this RP afloat? Be honest.

• Yes
33%
• Yes (but unable to post)
52%
• No
14%

Total votes : 21

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Is it bad that Atlas kind of reminds me of the Umbrella Corporation from RE?
Last edited by Shark isle on Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:32 pm

Shark isle wrote:Is it bad that Atlas kind remains me of the Umbrella Corporation from RE?

I think that's intentional.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 pm

Name: Alan Bilks
Nationality: Male
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Age/DOB: 19, January 3rd, 1997
Pic/Description: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/73 ... f591f1.jpg

Immunity: None

Equipment: A flashlight and 12 bottles of water.

Skills: A fast runner and a photographic memory
Weakness: He is slightly overweight and is a huge coward.

Personality: Alan is generally a timid and meek young man. The outbreak has made him completely untrusting of anyone. He is also a huge coward and will attempt to run from any situation that scares him.
Fears:

Bio: (Two paragraphs minimum.) Alan was born in Springfield, Illinois. Growing up he was a somewhat timid child who made few friends and was hounded by his father, who was a construction worker who wanted to make a man out of his son. When he was 10, Alan's mother divorced his father and won full custody of him. After the divorce, Alan and his mother moved to Chicago to start all over. Alan was upset by this due to the fact he had to leave what little friends he had behind. His new life in Chicago started out badly due to the fact that the apartment they rented out turned out to be a shithole. His mother also had a hard time finding a job. To distract himself from this dreary lifestyle, Alan started to hang out at a move theater called Chestnut Grove Movie Theater. Alan grew to love this theater and often spent his weekends there.

After graduating high school Alan enrolled in DePaul University to study in law. Needing a job in order to pay for his college tuition, Alan took a job at Chestnut Grove as a usher. Day 0 happened on Alan's job anniversary. Alan watched in horror as the whole damn country collapsed on itself due to some new virus. When Chicago's quarantine broke, Alan immediately locked and barricaded himself in Chestnut Grove, letting his manager get mauled in the process due to the fact that Alan refused to save him. Alan is currently inside Chestnut Grove living on the theater's food supply and beating himself up for not saving his manager.

RP Examples: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=378287&p=28729232&hilit=bishop#p28729232

DO NOT REMOVE: 4242564

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:55 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Have you ever fired a black powder weapon before?

What kind of black powder weapon do you have?

IRL? Several.

For this RP, I'm using basically a M1863 Sharps rifle, which uses self contained paper cartridges instead of brass casings. Though it isn't really "paper" per say, it's nitrate impregnated tissue, literally the same stuff you would use if hand rolling your own cigarette. Which btw, you can buy in bulk orders online for dirt cheap and last nearly forever so long as you store them properly.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Proud Co-Founder of The Axis Commonwealth - Would you like to know more?
SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:57 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:What kind of black powder weapon do you have?

IRL? Several.

For this RP, I'm using basically a M1863 Sharps rifle, which uses self contained paper cartridges instead of brass casings. Though it isn't really "paper" per say, it's nitrate impregnated tissue, literally the same stuff you would use if hand rolling your own cigarette. Which btw, you can buy in bulk orders online for dirt cheap and last nearly forever so long as you store them properly.

Mind telling us what method you're using for the primers?
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:06 pm

Anowa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
IRL? Several.

Mind telling us what method you're using for the primers?

Standard percussion caps, just like the real deal uses.

Give me 5 min, and I can walk out to my reloading shed and find you the exact model number from CCI if you would like.

SJW! Why? Some nobody on the internet who has never met me accused me of being one, so it absolutely MUST be true! *Nod Nod*

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:08 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Anowa wrote:Mind telling us what method you're using for the primers?

Give me 5 min, and I can walk out to my reloading shed and find you the exact model number from CCI if you would like.

And when you run out?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Anowa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

And when you run out?

Make more using a commercially available kit.

Though I have yet to try this IRL, as they cost less then a penny each and can be bought a thousand at a time. Too easy to buy in bulk and just sit on them for years.
Last edited by Paddy O Fernature on Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Ithalian Empire wrote:What kind of black powder weapon do you have?

IRL? Several.

If I had the money to buy a Sharps I would. Those are some nice guns.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:16 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:
So basically the use of the munitions would far exceed the rate at which he is able to produce them? I don't mind this at all.

Who owns a functioning black powder weapon nowadays, never mind use one?

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015

Postby Ithalian Empire » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:17 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

A lot of people actually.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:26 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:

They work but only in the function of range shooting, a modern firearm is far superior at this point.
I'm from the land of Coeur D'alene Idaho.
By Ballot or by Bullet, the Pub Party will win. The Pub Legacy Edition.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day
> Idaho is tossing out nukes like a cold war Oprah

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Next up on the Sopranos...

Imperial "Slick" Idaho, the fixer.
Bralia wrote:Oh my fucking god. Do it again, guys, you both chose the number 7.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:02 pm

Shark isle wrote:Name: Alan Bilks

Personality: Alan is generally a timid and meek young man. The outbreak has made him completely untrusting of anyone. He is also a huge coward and will attempt to run from any situation that scares him.
Fears:

Bio: (Two paragraphs minimum.) Alan was born in Springfield, Illinois. Growing up he was a somewhat timid child who made few friends and was hounded by his father, who was a construction worker who wanted to make a man out of his son. When he was 10, Alan's mother divorced his father and won full custody of him. After the divorce, Alan and his mother moved to Chicago to start all over. Alan was upset by this due to the fact he had to leave what little friends he had behind. His new life in Chicago started out badly due to the fact that the apartment they rented out turned out to be a shithole. His mother also had a hard time finding a job. To distract himself from this dreary lifestyle, Alan started to hang out at a move theater called Chestnut Grove Movie Theater. Alan grew to love this theater and often spent his weekends there.

After graduating high school Alan enrolled in DePaul University to study in law. Needing a job in order to pay for his college tuition, Alan took a job at Chestnut Grove as a usher. Day 0 happened on Alan's job anniversary. Alan watched in horror as the whole damn country collapsed on itself due to some new virus. When Chicago's quarantine broke, Alan immediately locked and barricaded himself in Chestnut Grove, letting his manager get mauled in the process due to the fact that Alan refused to save him. Alan is currently inside Chestnut Grove living on the theater's food supply and beating himself up for not saving his manager.

Fast runner but slightly...overweight? Not common, but believable.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:04 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:

Fears:

The huffing and puffing will be real.
Ifreann wrote:The Romans placated the people with panem et circenses, bread and circuses. We will placate our people with dank space weed and hyper-HD vidya.
New Grestin wrote:> can't even get enough superiority to pull off a proper D-day

(Image)
Tysoania wrote:You remind me of a mobster who gets things cleared out of the way.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Imperial Idaho wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:

The huffing and puffing will be real.

Realistic!
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Paddy O Fernature
Postmaster-General

Postby Paddy O Fernature » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:32 pm

Ithalian Empire wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
IRL? Several.

If I had the money to buy a Sharps I would. Those are some nice guns.

I had a "Do it yourself" kit a few years ago. Traded it off to a friend though for a Springfield 1903 that I returned to MilSpec. Not a bad rifle, though I'd spend the extra and get one of the more popular commercial ones these days.

Ontorisa wrote:Who owns a functioning black powder weapon nowadays, never mind use one?

*Raises Hand*

In some states in the US, black powder is the only rifle type that you can legally hunt with as they have outlawed cartridge hunting for whatever dumb reasons.

Imperial Idaho wrote:They work but only in the function of range shooting, a modern firearm is far superior at this point.

Until SHTF and you realize just how easy they are to maintain compared to more traditional/modern firearms.

Being from CDA, I'd figure you should be well versed in the survivalist mindset, as Kootenai Country is a very popular spot for milita/prepper minded folk to settle down in.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:38 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:Being from CDA, I'd figure you should be well versed in the survivalist mindset, as Kootenai Country is a very popular spot for milita/prepper minded folk to settle down in.

.. CDA as in Canada or a city in Idaho?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:40 pm

Anowa wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:Being from CDA, I'd figure you should be well versed in the survivalist mindset, as Kootenai Country is a very popular spot for milita/prepper minded folk to settle down in.

.. CDA as in Canada or a city in Idaho?

CDA as in Coeur D'alene. The town I'm from.

(Image)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:44 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:Name: Jack "Jax" Wilson

And how is he related to John Wilcock? Rules state that multiple characters must be part of a set, or otherwise together in some way whether that be blood, friendship, or circumstance.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:46 pm

Am I accepted

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Barapam wrote:Name: Felicity Kaufmann

Should be fun. ACCEPTED.

Imperial Idaho
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Idaho » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:48 pm

Paddy O Fernature wrote:

Until SHTF and you realize just how easy they are to maintain compared to more traditional/modern firearms.

Being from CDA, I'd figure you should be well versed in the survivalist mindset, as Kootenai Country is a very popular spot for milita/prepper minded folk to settle down in.

Of course, though combat wise a semi auto rifle or handgun would be better in close combat and horde situations.

I feel like you live near me, you used the acronym and know the county name.

(Image)

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:50 pm

To be honest, you probably could have found a better picture. Regardless, ACCEPTED.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:51 pm

Beiarusia wrote:

To be honest, you probably could have found a better picture. Regardless, ACCEPTED.

My guy will probably be driven out of his theater in some fashion. Any suggestions?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Shark isle wrote:...

I say see what happens. Others may find you, and they may bring trouble. Another scenario is the realization that help isn't coming, and I'm pretty certain your food won't last forever, or even better some accident ruins the food and forces you to seek shelter elsewhere.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse