NATION

PASSWORD

The Panopticon Awakens[IC, Closed, PMT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Panopticon Awakens[IC, Closed, PMT]

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm

The day had finally come to activate what was perhaps the pinnacle of Cyberiad engineering. The entire Cyberiad Council had assembled in the Panopticon's control center, save the Chancellor of finance who had chosen not to attend as "A show of protest towards the absurd cost of the project". The program itself was beyond top secret, only the Council and elite members of the Science, Intelligence, Construction, and War departments knew the full details of. The building's seemingly monolithic above-ground tower was passed off to the public as 'a communication hub', which was not far from the truth, the building did function as a communications relay, but its true purpose was to broadcast the Panopticon's data to wherever it was needed. The tower also housed a fully-realized quantum supercomputer; one of the few in existence, the head scientist and engineers came to the conclusion that it was the only thing that could possibly process the astounding mass of data that the Panopticon was theorized to generate.

"Are we ready Magnusson?"

"Yes sir, Argus is nearly ready to be uploaded to the Quantum Core. Isn't that right Argus?"

Yes, I am prepared to begin uploading my cognitive matrix into the Panopticon's Quantum Computer.

"Would you like to do the honors, Sir?" Charles Magnusson, the Cyberiad's Chancellor of Science asked as he handed a very unique looking key to The Commander Prime.

"I Would be Honored" Sebastian Bartimaeus replied as he inserted the key into its designated switch.

"I still think it should be called the Heimdall" Interjected the Commander In chief Orwell.

"It is too late to change it now."

"Aal hi dein ko ahrk spaan mu enook." The Prime prayed quietly as he turned the key.

Initializing upload...

Red lights and alarms blared moments later.

"What's happening?" Bartimaeus shouted.

"I'm not sure, something is interfering with the upload."

The control room was a flurry of activity as technicians desperately worked to track the cause of the breach.

"Shut down the connection to the core and disconnect all external communication lines! Bartimaeus, I'll root out this breech and bring it before the council as soon as possible."

"See to it that you do as quickly as possible."

Several hours later Science Chancellor Magnusson, looking a little disheveled, hurried to join the already assembled council.

"The error we encountered was a highly sophisticated virus, designed specifically for the quantum core. Technicians are working around the clock to dismantle and debug all the processor modules to ensure all instances have been destroyed. This will delay the completion for several days. We have no choice but to assume this is an act of internal terrorism..."

"... What makes you think it was terrorism?" Interrupted Cheif Ambassador Samantha Bennett.

" The virus was introduced and uploaded to the core via a private government server in the intelligence department. The virus was developed with Cyberiad software, but it was all a diversion. A second attack acquired information about the Panopticon. Fortunately, the encryption on the schematics for the sensor array held."

"Who has access to the information?"

"Everyone..."
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Founded: Mar 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Evan Empire Capitol Building, the Emperor’s Office:

Emperor Evan sat in his office browsing messages on his computer as a phone call from the Department of Empire Intelligence came in. “Emperor, we've just received a broadcast coming from our ally the Cyberiad Council. More specifically, from their communication hub that has just finished construction. Apparently it does much more than transfer data, it can collect information from anywhere and everywhere on this Earth”. The Emperor sat up in his chair perplexed. “I wonder why they leaked their abilities for everyone to see... I'll call an emergency Imperial Council meeting, this could be big.”

Evan Empire Capitol Building, Imperial Council room, 9:00 PM:

Three hours after the call from the Department of Empire Intelligence, all 12 Department Leaders of the Evan Empire sat around the large conference table of the Imperial Council room. The Emperor cleared his throat and then stood up. “I thank all of you for your haste coming to this meeting tonight, for those of you who haven't been briefed, our ally the Cyberiad Council has completed the construction of a structure capable of collecting information about anything and everything on this Earth at any time. We don't know the specifics of how this structure operates, though the Leader of the Department of Empire R&D has an idea:”. “As the Emperor said, we understand that the structure is designed to collect information regardless of both distance or surroundings. This poses many technical challenges that must have been accomplished through a massive processing computer, possibly quantum, as well as incredibly advanced sensor equipment.” The Leader of the Department of Empire R&D declared. “So as the Department of R&D said, it's a miracle that this technology exists and has been realized by the scientists over at the Cyberiad Council! I believe that as a nation whether we are being observed or acting completely independent, our actions and decisions should be the same as they always have been. I also believe that other nations will react differently to this advancement and attempt to endanger the sovereignty of our ally the Cyberiad Council” The Emperor stated. The leader of the Department of Military James Bednar then spoke up “I’ll coordinate with the department of Empire Logistics to maintain readiness of our Battalion Groups and Evan Militia Cells for any defensive action. I'll also maintain strategic positioning of our Naval Groups and Aerial Forces.”. “Very well Bednar, hopefully the Cyberiad Council will have no need of our forces but we hope to be of upmost assistance If the crisis arises. In the meantime I will communicate with Cyberiad Officials as well as inform the Imperial Senate of the recent events. Take care everyone and remember that the Evan Empire has nothing to hide from their neighbors!”. With the Emperor's statement the meeting came to a swift close as the Evan Empire stood waiting for the rest of the world's response.
Last edited by The Evan Empire on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

Blizatine
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Blizatine » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:26 pm

Terrian raced through the hallways checking the balconies to find the Emperor. He eventually found the Emperor practicing martial arts in the outside on the balcony.

"Your Imperial Highness" Terrian gasped for breath "your phone wasn't picking up"

"Hmm" the Emperor mussed as he continued practicing a slow soft style. "That's probably because I turned it off"

"Why would His Imperial Highness do that? What if something important happened?"

"Well, I did it because it's Friday and I didn't want to do anymore work. Besides if it was really important they would send messengers to search the castle to find me." For the first time the Emperor faced the messanger who was now on the floor clutching his chest as if his lungs were about to rupture. "Case in point." He turned back and continued the form. "So what's going on."

"Well there was a leek. The Cyberiad Council apparently has a powerful surveillance device"

"Mass or directed?"

"Mass"

"How effective is it?"

"We're not sure how but it collects everything"

"Is it online now?"

"It appears they shut it down after the leek, we're not sure what actually happened at the launch or who is behind the leek."

"How much of the projects details were leaked?"

"We're not sure yet"

"Alright, what's your name?"

"Terrian"

"Alright Terrian take some notes here's what I need you to do. First contact Duke Columbus Glynn tell him I need a team of his best computer engineers, AI, androids, and everyone else he thinks would be useful. I want them going through every aspect of the leek, I want them to know all the lines off by heart. Then tell him to appoint a temporary replacement and come to the capital. Then tell General Fugo Takahoshi to black site his entire operation, de-network everything, replace all the hard-drives and keep the old ones in storage. I want there to be no way for them to get the info without physically going to the site. Next set up a diplomatic meeting with the Cyberiad Council's head of state, and send someone to give me a crash course in their country, I'm going personally."

"Should I put together a body guard team?"

"No, I have a bad feeling about this, get me the original five wolves"

"but, we're not even sure where they all are anymore"

"Yorganson knows how to get in contact with them. Prepare are fastest jets, I want to be there as soon as possible. Also I want this all over the news, especially in Salahandra." He looked over at the messenger as he finished writeing his notes and look up at the Emperor. "Well? Get going."

"Yes Your Imperial Highness" and with that he raced down the stairs. The Emperor stretched out a little bit before walking down to his throne room to calm everyone down.

info about my nation
http://nswiki.org/Nation/Blizatine
Last edited by Blizatine on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Palace of Victory
Executive Office and Official Residence of SUPREME OVERLORD
Christoslavia

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN MASS SURVEILLANCE DEVICE?!"

"My Leader, please"

"DON'T "PLEASE" ME!" SOMEONE EXPLAIN THIS TO ME!"

SUPREME OVERLORD was fuming, his shouting echoing throughout the building, everyone shifted around nervously in their seats, dripping in sweat and too nervous to speak.

"...WELL?!"

Director of Foreign Intelligence John Hatchfield spoke first, "The Cyberiad Council has created a structure with the power to "see" anything on the planet at any time. 6 hours ago there was a leak in their own system which we picked up. We believe it would have to be powered by an enormously powerful quantum computer, and we imagine that the system is on a tight lock down right now.

SUPREME OVERLORD began rubbing his temples, "This...This is a violation of our sovereignty! We have to do something, we have to destroy it!"

Minister of Science Lauren Eisley spoke next, "My Leader, with all due respect, they are technologically superior to us. I suggest for once we go the diplomatic route instead, while preparing our military nonetheless."

SUPREME OVERLORD mused over the idea, a stern face deep in thought. "I agree Minister. Someone get me a line to the Cyberiad Council, it is imperative I meet with them.", he then turned to the Chiefs of Staff, "Prepare our entire Armed Forces and have them on standby, if anyone asks we'll say their movements are simply war games. Minister Eisley, your Ministry will have increased funding this year. I want you working non-stop with the military's cyberwarfare division and enhance our AI and cyberwarfare tech and capabilities. And I want Project Kronos to be a priority especially. Get it done. You are all dismissed."

SUPREME OVERLORD stayed behind. Whatever was waiting in the future. This had the potential to spiral out of control. This wasn't going to end well.
THE ETERNAL EMPIRE OF CHRISTOSLAVIA
This country is no longer a totalitarian nightmare version of my rl views
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.08
IATA Member

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:09 pm

Evan Empire Capitol Building, the Emperor’s Office:

Emperor Evan sat within his office carefully reviewing the Department of Military’s readiness and location reports as his phone rang once again. He read the Department of Empire Intelligence's number before picking up. The familiar voice came through the line: “Greetings sir, as expected other nations that have received the transmission from the Cyberiad Council are calling to meet with officials to discuss the new Cyberiad technology. I would suggest the Evan Empire find a way into the coming discussions.”. “Very good, I think I have an idea regarding our voice at the table. Keep up the good work.” The Emperor responded. The Emperor then cleared his throat and rang for the secretary: “Contact the leaders of Cyberiad Council and all nations who received the panopticon's transmission. Invite them to attend a summit within the Empire's Capital to begin discussing the situation. Also allow for security to accompany them that they see fit. In the meantime brief my personal bodyguards for the coming discussions.”. “On it” the secretary responded. The Emperor then paced around the room as he pondered the outcome of the coming talks.

Onboard the Evan Empire Aircraft Carrier the Allegiance:

Major General Helman of the Evan Empire's 1st Naval Group was viewing flight activities on the Allegiance’s deck when the Minor General directing the vessel entered the bridge: “Helman our Communications Minor Officer just received orders from the Naval Supreme General, we are to proceed along with Naval Groups 114 and 58 to the coastal waters surrounding port Gilead of the Cyberiad Council. We are also advised to deploy our Flight Groups on patrol along with Cyberiad forces to maintain maximum radar search distance.”. Upon hearing the message Helman began directing orders to the men on the Allegiance's bridge. Soon the 2 Missile cruisers, 2 Support Vessels, and Submarine of 1st Naval group joined formation with Naval Groups 114 and 58 along with 27 other naval groups to take various positions near the Cyberiad Council's waters.
Democratically elected capitalist government managed by Imperial Council of Emperor and his 12 Department Leaders. An Imperial Senate acts as oversight, ratifies Council laws, and approves Council actions. State funded corporation Evco Inc. ensures business competition and jobs. Education is provided free by the government for productivity. Laws are loose with criminal punishments carried out via community service or all the way to lifetime hard labor instead of death. Strong Military in all branches. Hosts the National Coalition of Defense and Economy (NatCoDE); defense and economic pact for members who maintain the NatCoDE Charter’s standards.

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:03 pm

"Imagine the Profits!" Agnew mused to himself. "We could sell this to everyone; Who wouldn't like to know what that questionable neighboring country is up to?"

Agnew called in the head of the DOA(Department of Appropriations). "See what you can do right this instant to get the schematics of this, pester the Cyberiad until they cave. I want this tech!"

"And what will you be doing sir?"

"I think it's high time I spend some time in our Cyberiad Branch" Agnew replied as he put on his Iota blue overcoat. "Oh it wasn't us, was it?"

"Sir?"

"Did we cause the leak?"

"No, Sir."

"Good" Agnew replied as he strolled down the corridor. "Oh, and contact the Cyberiad and the Empire; Tell them I will personally attend their little summit as a NatCoDE member."

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:16 pm

"Argus."

Yes, Commander Prime?

"Prepare the following messages..."

To: The Evan Empire
Subject: Panopticon

I would like to thank you for opening your borders in an attempt to instill peace in a time of uncertainty. The Cyberiad Graciously accepts your invitation. The Commander Prime, Cheif Ambassador, and Commander In Cheif will be in the Empire within the following days.
Sincerely,
Commander Prime, Sebastian Bartimaeus

To:The Empire of Blizatine
Your Concerns about the information resulting from a breach in our cyber security are understood. We will be holding a summit in the Evan Empire so all concerns may be voiced. This will be the only time that such matters will be discussed.
sincerely,
The Cyberiad Council

To:The Eternal Empire of Christoslavia
Your Concerns about the information resulting from a breach in our cyber security are understood. We will be holding a summit in the Evan Empire so all concerns may be voiced. This will be the only time that such matters will be discussed.
sincerely,
The Cyberiad Council

Will that be all Sir?

"I believe so Argus."

I will send the messages immediately; however, I would like to inform you that the Iota Corporation has also expressed their interest in attending the summit.

"Wonderful, I get to see Agnew again" Bartimaeus replied with a noticeably sour tone in his voice.
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Union of Lesser Soviet Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Union of Lesser Soviet Republics » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Meeting Room, Novaya Kremlin, Muskovia, ULSR
"So, this device is called the Panopticon and it can "see" through anything?" asked Premier Alexei Romanovich who was reading a report on the data leak about the Panopticon.

"Yes, sir. According to the data that was leaked, it can see through anywhere in the world. It might compromise our bases in the republics." an aide replied

"This is bad...It would be worse if the Council and their allies would use it to their advantage." said the premier

As he was about to finish reading the report, another aide entered the room with a letter. The aide saluted before speaking.

"Sir, we have received an invitation by the Evan Empire, It appears you are invited to a summit to discuss the Panopticon and the data leak." the aide began and gave the letter to the premier.

"Right, prepare a plane for transport and tell the bodyguards to report to the airplane."

"Yes, sir"

"And also mobilize the armed forces in meantime. We might need them if everything goes sour."

"Understood, sir"

"Alright, meeting adjourned"

The aides then left the room, leaving the premier to reflect on the events.
Last edited by Union of Lesser Soviet Republics on Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
No, I don't have a 100% tax rate nor do I support it

Semi-Active

Blizatine
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blizatine » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:42 pm

"Welcome my old friend" Zestia turned around to locate the source of the voice, looking up she saw the speaker hanging upside down by his knees from the stairway railing two stories above her. He looked down at her with a grin. "You're gonna need to be more aware of your surroundings, I could've easily assassinated you from here."

"Then your aim has much improved over the last few years, Your Imperial Highness" Zestia responded. The Emperor let go of the railing and dropped down the two stories to land beside her.

"My aim isn't what you should be worried about" The Emperor responded.

"Which is why I wasn't" Zestia smirked. "Seriously though, did you really need my help for this, it's a diplomatic meeting. Couldn't you have just got the Secor brothers, or a military team." The Emperor mussed over the thought for a second before explaining,

"There was a likelihood we would have the discussion in the Council's territory, even now we're going to their allies. You remember what happened at Serataque, as a result I've always been a bit apprehensive about these sorts of things."

"Honestly we didn't have that much trouble getting out of there. I fail to see why it would have an impact on your deci-"

"The key word of that sentence was 'we', besides it gives us a chance to catch up." Zestia sighed, but didn't push the matter further.

"Who are we waiting for to arrive."

"No one, we were waiting for you. Most of the old team resides here so it doesn't take them that long to get here." The Emperor began walking out the castle toward the airbase, "We're taking a few ravens there, it should only take a few hours to arrive in the Evan Empire. On a side note, if your wanted to wait for people, you know you could always live here."

"Ya, I know" and with that Zestia followed The Emperor to the Evan Empire.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:59 pm

Outside the Evlandia International Airport:

Emperor Evan stepped out of the motorcade and took in the fresh air. Ahead of him the Evlandia airport was a hive of activity as a sub battalion of Infantry Personnel and armor from nearby base Spearpoint managed the perimeter of the enormous commercial hub. Emperor Evan along with his secretary and some Department Leaders followed by a unit of 12 bodyguards then made their way through the empty terminal. As they entered the tarmac the Emperor spoke to his secretary: “Any hiccups clearing the airport?”. “Not at all sir, we managed to pay off the open market airlines and we obviously had direct control over Evco’s Commercial Airlines Division.”. “Very good, I see we have no shortage of security”. “Indeed, we had some troubles coordinating with The Department of Military to free up some soldiers and armor but the Department of Police Justice was adamant that they needed the capitol's police units available.”. “Definately don't mind the show of force” The Emperor chuckled as the first aircraft, a C-214 from the Cyberiad Council, began its landing approach.

Last edited by The Evan Empire on Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:13 pm

SUPREME OVERLORD City International Airport

The motorcade of limousines and jeeps pulled up to the tarmac as an entire battalion of Marines stood at attention, as still as stones. A Praetorian Guard exited one of the jeeps and calmly opened the door to the lead limousine, and out stepped SUPREME OVERLORD in his military regalia.

He looked impecable, hair shiny, medals and shoes perfectly polished, and his uniform wrinkle free. As his Guard formed up around him, he marched towards the steps leading up to his own Air Force One, called the Falcon. As he walked past his troops, they all gave a salute simultaneously, followed by the boom of, "HAIL OUR ETERNAL LEADER!".

SUPREME OVERLORD returned the salute and walked up the steps to his plane, this was the first time in many years he had gone to another country on official business, hopefully it would end favorably. As everyone settled in, the plane taxied off the runway and began its long journey to the Evan Empire.
IATA Member

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:49 pm

As The Huginn prepared for final approach, the four wing mounted engines angled back, slowing the retrofitted Archangel to hover briefly in the air, before slowly lowering to the tarmac. It’s ramp lowered to the ground and The Commander Prime, Chief Ambassador Samantha Bennett, and Commander-In-Chief James T. Orwell exited along with five elite Cyberiad soldiers and two Golem units.

“Bartimaeus, pleasure seeing you old friend!”

“Drem yol lok wah daar fahdon do dii” Bartimaeus replied giving the traditional Cyberiad greeting.

“It is good to see you too, if only the circumstances were favorable.”

“Emperor Evan it is a pleasure as always” Bennett spoke as she gave her greeting.

“You as well, your services to your nation and the NatCoDE have been astounding!”

“Greetings Emperor” Orwell saluted.

“To you as well commander, Department Leader Bednar is eager to work alongside you again” The Emperor replied returning the gesture along with the Leader of the Department of Military James Bednar.

Orwell Acknowledged the Department Leader with a rare smile.

“If you and your men will please follow my secretary and her bodyguards we will see to it that you make it to the Capitol Building in no time!”

IOTA Corp
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby IOTA Corp » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:39 pm

The Xiphos entered The Evan Empire's airspace at Mach 1.4, prompting numerous agitated hails from the country's airforce. Agnew always got a good kick out of that. Slowing to land, the Xiphos approached a landing zone next to the Huginn's. The bladeless pressure jets created wind sufficient to severely buffet the Emperor and his entourage. Once the sleek craft touched down, Agnew nimbly exited the craft while adjusting his suit, his overwhelmed guards struggling to keep up with their youthful employer.

"Ah, there's my favorite Emperor! It's been so long, we really should catch up."

The Emperor was about to speak but the CEO cut him off.

"Don't bother yourself, I know the way.."

Rubbing his temples, the Emperor motioned to some of his guards to follow Agnew and make sure he didn't get into trouble, or cause any.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:13 pm

5 Minutes from Evlandia International

"SIr, that's your fifth cup of coffee today! Please take it easy my lord", one of his aides worryingly shouted.

"YOU DON"T TELL ME WHAT TO DO! But you're right, good God I haven't been outside Christoslavia in ages, I'm nervous as all hell." SUPREME OVERLORD was thinking about getting a sixth cup even, he knew his heart and sleep cycle would hate him, he'd probably hate himself for it too...

Thankfully the door opened and his Chief of Security came in. "Sir, do we need to go over the briefing again?"

"No thank you Steven, I understood it well enough. Is everyone ready?"

"Yes sir, we will be landing shortly, if anything goes wrong in there, just call and I'll have the team on board the Falcon come get you."

"Excellent, you've always been a good friend and a loyal soldier. Also, have my aide executed and get me a new one, I really don't feel like having my intentions questioned right now."

'Wait what?", the aide said as he gulped.

"Yes sir, alright let's get this over with." 2 guards walked into the room and dragged the hopeless aide out, poor kid.

"Steve, do you think that was a little draconian of me?"

"Honestly yes."

"Eh, you're allowed to criticize me. That's fair."

Evlandia International

SUPREME OVERLORD took his time walking down the steps from his plane as his guards followed closely, surveying all their surroundings and assessing all possible situations. He walked up to Emperor Evan and offered a firm handshake.
"It is a pleasure to meet you Emperor, I am very happy we are starting a dialogue about this whole thing, and hopefully these talks are fruitful. I have been looking forward to this.", he said as his neck jerked from all the caffeine. "I'm sorry, a little too much coffee, heh. Let's go inside shall we?"
IATA Member

Blizatine
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blizatine » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:00 pm

The 6 ravens containing the Emperor and his five body guards touched down onto Evlandia International airport. After some initial organisation between the group they managed to lock up their jets and let the A.I. drive itself to the appropriate storage facility. Looking down the runway the Emperor could see the Supreme Overlord of Christoslavia talking to the Emperor of Evan.

"Damn it, we're here second. I hope you realize this is entirely your fault Zestia"

"Really when I got there you were still trying to find a way to fit Uerthe into one of those cock pits." Zestia returned. The Emperor looked over at the 9ft, 860lb man.

"Sorry about that Big-G, I'll have them create a special jet for you the next time." Uerthe nodded back to the Emperor in response. "Still, all and all this is a fun trip. You know getting the boys back together, on another adventure, it's just like old times." The troop walked over to join the two leaders, and the Emperor nodded to them both, "your imperial majesty, your... supremelyness. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances."

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:42 am

Evan Empire Capitol Building, Conference Room 13

Emperor Evan, along with the Department Leaders of Economy, Military, and Intelligence sat around the large circular table within a conference room of the Capitol Building. To his right sat the Cyberiad Council’s representation, and around the rest of the table representatives from the nations of Christoslavia, Blizatine, and IOTA Corp filled in. Surrounding the leaders various bodyguards and personnel from the nations present stood attentive. The Emperor took in his surrounding chatter, and chose a moment to clear his throat and began the meeting: “Greetings nations! I’d like to welcome you all once again to the Evan Empire. Now, we all understand why we are here today, and I ask that we try to keep discussions civil. First, I ask the Evan Empire’s ally the Cyberiad Council to explain the events that have prompted the organization of this summit.”. The Emperor then sat down, hoping that allowing the Cyberiad Council to begin discussions was the best course of action.

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:46 pm

The Leader of the Cyberiad stood and squared his shoulders and looked around the table.

"I will not waste the time of the people of this assembly by insulting your intelligence departments by denying the existence of The Panopticon. The Panopticon is an observation device that uses gravitational waves to view any object anywhere on the planet at any time. As of this moment, the device is not operational. The same cyber attack that liberated the project details from our archives uploaded a virus into the Panopticon's primary computer. We have launched a covert investigation to find those responsible for this act of terrorism, who we have discovered to be calling themselves the Augment."

Finished with his exposition, The Prime motioned for The Cheif Ambassador to take over.

"We want to make clear our intentions behind the building of such a device. Never did we intend to use the Panopticon as an object of war, but instead as a peacekeeper. Every nation knows the desire to push the confines of your technological capabilities, and this device was that for us. The scientific implications were also considered; it will be the most effective telescope in existence, the far depths of the ocean will be within our ability to study. However, we understand your concerns with us having these capabilities, and that is why we agreed to the Evan Empire's invitation for the summit. Would any now like to speak?"

Blizatine
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blizatine » Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:46 pm

@The Cyberiad Council
The Cyberiad Council wrote:The Leader of the Cyberiad stood and squared his shoulders and looked around the table.

"I will not waste the time of the people of this assembly by insulting your intelligence departments by denying the existence of The Panopticon. The Panopticon is an observation device that uses gravitational waves to view any object anywhere on the planet at any time. As of this moment, the device is not operational. The same cyber attack that liberated the project details from our archives uploaded a virus into the Panopticon's primary computer. We have launched a covert investigation to find those responsible for this act of terrorism, who we have discovered to be calling themselves the Augment."

Finished with his exposition, The Prime motioned for The Cheif Ambassador to take over.

"We want to make clear our intentions behind the building of such a device. Never did we intend to use the Panopticon as an object of war, but instead as a peacekeeper. Every nation knows the desire to push the confines of your technological capabilities, and this device was that for us. The scientific implications were also considered; it will be the most effective telescope in existence, the far depths of the ocean will be within our ability to study. However, we understand your concerns with us having these capabilities, and that is why we agreed to the Evan Empire's invitation for the summit. Would any now like to speak?"

The Emperor stood to speak,
Well we appreciate the honesty you've had in this matter, though this honesty comes a bit to late. If you had made this project known to us earlier we may have come to compromise, or at least you would've known our stance towards this device before you wasted your time and money on it. For regardless of what happened in the past we must deal with the present, and in this present you almost have a working Panopticon. Now you talk about how you intended to use the Panopticon as a peacekeeper and not an object of war. Well to that I say the road to hell if paved of good intentions. Your plan leaves many loopholes. What is peacekeeping? Peacekeeping is always defined by those in charge. With the right person, leading a preemptive strike will be considered peacekeeping. In addition even if the Panopticon was used as you intended, there is no way to guarantee that the policy would not change. Governments change, leaders rise and fall. Who here hasn't been involved with overthrowing a government or two? If it is created and it can be used as a weapon, it will. Just look at fireworks, a beautiful art which turned into guns. Furthermore even if the Panopticon was used as intended for all of eternity, I would still be against it. The Panopticon is a direct violation of our right to privacy. With the Panoption we will be watched every second of everyday for others to see. We'll all be under constant surveillance, when were working, when we're bathing, when we have intimate moments with the ones we love. I ask this meeting is there anyone here who would willingly give up their privacy, who would willingly allow this device and it's users to spy on you, your wife, your children, and if so who here would trust the Cyberiad Council with this information? No, this technology goes beyond the pale in an attempt to create a big brother like device that will watch all our most private moments.

For this reason The Empire of Blizatine proposes that the only solution to rectify the situation is the destruction of the Panopticon, the complete wipe and destruction of the all the research and data related to this device and a treaty stating that Cyberiad Council will never pursue this technology again. Furthermore in order to guarantee the completion of these demands each country at this meeting shall send a envoy to create a council who will oversee that these requirements are met, and that there is no attempt to hide or steal information. This concludes Blizatines proposal I ask the room as to their thoughts on this proposal.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm

SUPREME OVERLORD then stood up and cleared his throat

"Thank you Emperor, I too concur with the previous points. Frankly I am not buying the excuse that it is for scientific discovery, as a technological breakthrough this large should have been shared in accordance with scientific ethics. Why would you not want to invite others to partake in this discovery? Why all the secrecy if it was not to be used for more nefarious purposes? Honestly, you should have expected a leak, and why are you not more surprised? You built a device that defies all boundaries of soverignty, violates the principle of the Nation State, and expect others not to respond to such in an aggressive or even militaristic fashion? That is arrogance beyond a reasonable doubt."

He looked director at the Cyberiad Prime while saying this, after clearing his throat he continued albeit in a calm tone of voice,

"I am not so worried about this device picking up my sexual activities so much as it could be used for mass surveillance of foreign governments from troop movements to the location of foreign leaders and officials. This fact in itself is terrifying. I agree wholeheartedly with the Emperors notion that while your regime may use it for science, whos to say the next won't use it for war? Now I am not a total advocate for its destruction...yet...However this is ludicrous and something must be done about it."

He gently sat back down and began drinking his water.
IATA Member

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:19 pm

Glancing at Bartimaeus to receive the go ahead, Orwell stood. He stood still for a moment, gathering his thoughts, with his carefully controlled and purposeful wrath unnervingly on display. His voice was hard and calculated when he spoke.

"The road to hell is paved with those too weak to do what is right. Our definition of peacekeeping is protecting the innocent, the oppressed, and the suffering; to end conflicts abroad not for our own selfish gain, but to save the lives of as many as possible; to eradicate tyrants and warmongers; to bring peace for all those in need. Never, in all of The Cyberiad's years as a sovereign nation have we initiated a war to gain land or resources. Always it has been to defend those who requested our aid. And as for your privacy concerns, we couldn't be less interested in your love life, Emperor. Furthermore, with respect to your objection to the 'violation of your sovereignty'; only criminals and cockroaches hide from the light. As for our leaders." Orwell glanced at Bartimaeus. "Each Prime chooses his successor, and the council speaks to this appointee, and sees if they hold the fundamental Tennants of our Constitution in their hearts. If they do, then they are named worthy of the mantle of Prime. You shouldn't worry about the integrity of our leaders, the day one of them falters, in their morals, is the day the Cyberiad dies."

Orwell, having spoken his peace, took a seat, but blue fire still burned silently in his eyes.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:29 pm

SUPREME OVERLORD once again stood up albeit angrily this time, with a condescending and harsh tone rising in his voice

"You say cockroaches hide from the light yet you concealed this project from the world until the Augment forced your hand? You hid in the shadows while the world would have stayed unassuming, hypocrisy is not appreciated in this level of blatancy Orwell."
Last edited by Christoslavia on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

The Cyberiad Council
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Cyberiad Council » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:53 pm

Remaining seated Orwell calmly replied "We concealed it because it was best for all parties concerned that it remained that way. You are correct, the world should have gone on unassuming. There is no hipocracy; we kept the project a secret to prevent the technology from falling into the wrong hands, and when revealed we didn't attempt to lie and hide it, we admitted to it's construction. You misunderstand me, if you don't have anything hidden that could harm another country or your own people, you have nothing to fear from the Cyberiad and the Panopticon."
Last edited by The Cyberiad Council on Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christoslavia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Christoslavia » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm

The Cyberiad Council wrote:Remaining seated Orwell calmly replied "We concealed it because it was best for all parties concerned that it remained that way. You are correct, the world should have gone on unassuming. There is no hipocracy; we kept the project a secret to prevent the technology from falling into the wrong hands, and when revealed we didn't attempt to lie and hide it, we admitted to it's construction. You misunderstand me, if you don't have anything hidden that could harm another country or your own people, you have nothing to fear from the Cyberiad and the Panopticon."

Calmly now, he replied, "We can only take you at your word, but you underestimate us. For 50 years my father ran an oppressive totalitarian military autocracy, and I still run that to this day, are you going to war me? Destroy our way of life and my country because we do not conform to your views? And who is to say it was the best for all parties. Like i said earlier your invention is blatantly against scientific ethics and the concept of Nations as they exist. Sovereignty has been grinded up by your Panopticon and crushed under its boot. No man or group should have this kind of power. But considering the fact that you do anyway, what is the specific goal of the Panopticon? Don't give me the regular "for science" bull I want specifics. If you were kind enough to hold this meeting I'd hope you'd be kind enough to give us a specific purpose?"
Last edited by Christoslavia on Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IATA Member

Blizatine
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Blizatine » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:19 am

The Emperor decided to weigh in as well,
If you don't have anything hidden that could harm another country or your own people, you have nothing to fear from the Cyberiad and the Panopticon. Then we do have something to fear, we have things that can harm another country and our people, they're called the military and the police. As is our right to hold those things as nation states, and since you have blatantly stated that your machine is a threat to those, I see no argument in favour of keeping it.
Last edited by Blizatine on Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Evan Empire
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Evan Empire » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:39 am

Emperor Evan looked to the two leaders in front of him and stood up: "As for the Evan Empire we do not fear the power of this technology, I know Sebastian Bartimeaus personally and I trust that through any lense the Cyberiad Council sees the Evan Empire the same. You forget that many countries around the world posses nuclear arsenals with the power to end everything at the press of a button. I am aware this panopticon is also a strategic threat to any country, but the Evan Empire is allied to the Cyberiad Council for a reason, and that reason is the leadership of the Cyberiad Council and the morals of their people are unmatched in the world. If a known hostile nation possessed this technology then the Evan Empire would see it as a threat and respond to any confrontation with the priority of destroying such a threat. The Cyberiad is no such threat, but a close ally to the Evan Empire, and it is for that reason that the Evan Empire will defend the sovereignty of the Cyberiad Council, as well as any other NatCoDE nation, with all its might.". The emperor then sat down and tipped his head in respect to the Cyberiad Council on his right.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents