Lalaki wrote:Balican wrote:Their health care systems still cost money, the college education isn't as good as American(Unless you pay), there are ways of fixing the problems, but apparently, we can't gut welfare. On top of this, where does the money come from? I'd rather have college that I pay off in forty years, than college that I pay for as long as I live. If you tax the rich and businesses more, they leave. Thus, taking away more tax income.
All health care systems cost money. The difference is, nations with universal health care spend less money per capita on medicine and manage to cover all citizens. Meanwhile, America spends more money for less. Because of this, we can infer that universal health care works. Education in Denmark, Canada, and other nations also ranks higher than the U.S. because they have better support for public schools. Colleges in the U.S. may have a better infrastructure historically, but that's one piece of a very big equation.
It's worth noting that more progressive nations are often ranked higher than the U.S. in terms of economic freedom by the conservative Heritage Foundation -- signifying that higher taxes on the rich don't necessarily slow down economic growth.
Like I once said in another post, the Taiwan national health plan would be a good option for the US - https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3960712/






