NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 29 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:17 pm

The camera made some choice shots to the audience, focusing on the waving flags of various nations as Apolonija took a small pause after revealing Cosneolta's votes.

Apolonija: We have just successfully gone through 10 nation's lower votes in our quest to find the winner of the contest. For us, that means two-thirds of the votes have been successfully doled out, but we're not out of the woods just yet! It's officially half-time, and this is the moment where we're going to reveal the full scoreboard for the first time tonight. Now, may we have the Phase I results on the screens?

The ensuing reaction just as the scoreboard was reveal was one to go down to the books, seeing the host's name on top of the leaderboard caused the home crowd to erupt in an ear-splitting frenzy of cheers and temporary celebration. Apolonija let the pandemonium slide for a few seconds, knowingly smiling through the brief chaos of it all. At some parts, the camera made a quick trip to the green room, with Anamarija herself shocked to see her nation and her song at the top of the Phase I voting. With the excitement hitting these new peaks at every voting announcement, Apolonija found her opportunity to speak as the crowd finally calmed down.

Apolonija: Alright! Everyone calm down for a moment. Remember, this is only the Phase I result. The votes for Phase II can dramatically alter our current leaderboard, so please keep your eyes and ears sharp.

Apolonija took a deep breath after she said so, preparing herself for the next part.

Apolonija: I'll now reveal to you the nations currently in the top 3. In a tie for 3rd place is Normandy and Picardy and Britonisea with 13 points. In 2nd is Estogium with 14. In 1st and currently in the lead, it's Izmedu with 19 points.

That home cheer couldn't be avoided after Apolonija verbally announced the results.

Apolonija: As we further process the Phase II votes, why don't we take a trip to the green room to have a brief interview with our current lead nation? The cameras should be rolling there now. Anamarija, are you there?

The broadcast image was then split into two as there was now an image of a camera nearby the Izmeduan delegation (some familiar faces could be seen, Zoran Saldo, Helena Dakovic, Arijana Kovac, Luka dosen, etc., that were rallying around Anamarija), with Anamarija holding a microphone and in complete shock of how the results transpired so far. Perhaps a bit too much in the moment, she nodded to Apolonija as a response.

Apolonija: I know it's going to be a bit difficult, but how do you feel right now?

The microphone on Anamarija's side was turned on and her shock and surprise was now audible. She realized this and smiled to the camera and to the hostess.

Anamarija: I... I am in complete shock right now. Just... I'm so happy to see that the song I wrote and sang tonight managed to be loved enough to garner this many points. I'm happy to see that the World Hit Festival community has taken it on board. It feels... I can't even describe it, just thank you so much...

Apolonija: I'm glad to hear! What would you like to say to the voters?

Anamarija: Just... Thank you... If there was a way for me to show my gratefulness on camera I would but... Thank you.

Apolonija: What would you like to say to the rest of the nations here?

Anamarija: I'd just like to say, I love every nation that has come through and shared this stage with us. Everyone went through their own path to get here, and I've met some of the loveliest people because of this contest. I love you all, and no matter what happens tonight, we'll always be doing the one thing we love; music.

Apolonija: Thank you very much Anamarija. Alright, it's time to move onto the final part of our evening, Phase II of the voting!

The camera returned back to the main stage at the end of the brief interview. This was where the climax of the show would begin, the one remaining home stretch before the cameras stopped rolling and the lights in the arena were off. Only 10 sets of 5 points stand before now and the reveal of the winner of the 29th World Hit Festival.

Apolonija: We will go through each nation one more time and ask who they gave their maximum 5 points to, with the order being determined during Phase I that is meant to maximize and cloud the true winner for as long as possible. Unlike Phase I, the national spokesperson will be the one to announce these points and we will also have a scoreboard that will actively track these votes. So, for those prepared to keep track, we have you covered. Of course, let's make sure our signals are working. May we have every spokesperson on the screens?

The 10 spokespersons appeared on the background screens in the order they were going to present their votes. Starting from Polkopia to the left ending with Izmedu's spokesperson to the extreme right, and disappearing from view after 5 seconds (ample time for the spokespeople to wave their hands to the audience). Observers during this time will have tried their best to note down who came after who, but the spokespeople almost seemed to disappear just as fast they came onto the screen.

Apolonija: Alright! We should have no problems multiverse-wide. Folks, this is it. These last remaining 50 points could decide the fate of your country. Remember, each set of 5 points can move your nation dramatically in the leaderboard, even upsetting the current order. Some nations may have a long road ahead, while some will be fighting to maintain their place. Regardless of what happens, remember that we stand here for one reason: to celebrate music.

A crowd cheer here after that brief reminder, some levity in the increasing tension and excitement in the arena.

Apolonija: Let's begin Phase II of the voting! The first nation up is Polkopia.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:01 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Polkopia! May we have your 5 points please?

Polkopian spokesperson: Good evening Vodiznad! Thank you for the wonderful show. Now, we are going to hear how Polkopia voted. The 5 points go to...

KALOSIA!

Apolonija: Thank you Polkopia for your 5 points! Now, we move onto Mercedini.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:30 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Mercedini! Good evening from Vodiznad. May we have your votes please?

Samuel Borlaviac: Hello Izmedu! This is Zoloroni calling, tonight's show was amazing, every song was amazing. You have done your part, and now it's time for us to do our part. The 5 points go to...

POLKOPIA!

Apolonija: Thank you Mercedini and thank you Samuel for the votes! Now we move onto our next nation, Kalosia!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Kalosia! Good evening Violeta, may we please have your nation's 5 points?

Violeta Kruž: Good evening Vodiznad, and a happy new year to all of you watching tonight! We've seen such amazing performances tonight. I'm sure you're wondering, from Kalosia, who will get 5 points? Well, I can now announce that 5 points goes to...

NORMANDY & PICARDY!

Apolonija: Thank you Violeta for the Kalosian votes! Now, we move onto the next nation, Britonisea!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Britonisea! Good evening Alshkan, may we have your votes please?

Mehkl Maddox-Ajax: Hey, Izmedu! It has been an amazing evening and I am very proud to be apart of the World Hit Festival family! It's very interesting how the contest has evolved, and I would love to see it prosper. Hopefully back in Britonisea soon! Our five points go to...Music giants...

POLKOPIA!

Mehkl Maddox-Ajax: Congratulations!

Apolonija: Thank you for giving us Britonisea's 5 votes, Mehkl! Now we go onto the next nation, West Phoenicia.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:33 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer West Phoenicia! May we have your 5 points please?

West Phoenician spokesperson: The votes are in and the people of West Phoenicia have spoken. The 5 points are awarded to...

ANOLLASIA!

Apolonija: Thank you for the votes, West Phoenicia! Up next is Normandy and Picardy.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:00 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Normandy and Picardy! Bonsoir Marine, may we have your nation's 5 points please?

Marine de Peruse: Bonsoir WHF, Bonsoir tout le monde! C'est le temps pour la Normandie et Picardie d'attribuer nos voix. Malheureusement, il y a seulement cinq pays à qui nous allons attribuer nos voix, mais tous les chansons ont été extraordinaires, meme cette chanson! Mais, maintenant, les voix...

KALOSIA!

Apolonija: Merci Marine pour le cinq points! Don't think that came my French came off quite that well, but it's time to move onto the next nation. Coming up is Cosneolta!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:01 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Cosneolta! Good evening from Vodiznad, Janet. May we have your 5 points please?

Janet Paarvon: Hello Izmedu. Congratulation on the fantastic show, tonight. Also, well done to all of the participants tonight, they all did a fantastic job and the standard was really high. Well Done! Here are our points for the World Hit Festival...

MERCEDINI!

Apolonija: Thank you Cosneolta and thank you Janet for the points! Only 3 votes remain before we know the winner of the 29th World Hit Festival. Up next is Anollasia.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:31 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Anollasia! Good evening Darnell, may we have your nation's 5 points?

Darnell Tyson: Good evening, beautiful city of Vodiznad! You have been revealed the Anollasian votes, but you're still missing those 5 points...And before I tell you who gets the 5 points, let me just say that it's been a great night so far with great performances. And let's not forget the wonderful planning of the hosts, good job Izmedu! Good job. Alright, here are the 5 points.

The 5 points go to...

KALOSIA!

Darnell Tyson: Congratulations! Again, thank you for a great night and I wish you all happy holidays.

Apolonija: Thank you for the votes and thank you for your incredible words as well! We are honored. We wish everyone in Anollasia a Happy New Year! It's time to move on as our next nation is Estogium.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:03 pm

Apolonija: Dobra večer Estogium! Good evening Alshkan and Shyna. May we have the 5 points?

Shyna Kumbles: Hello, Izmedu! You have a wonderful country, anyway, our 5 points go to a nation you should know very well!

IZMEDU!

Apolonija: Thank you Shyna and thank you Estogium for the votes! Alright, we're down to our very last vote, and it's in a country that you all should know as well. Our last vote of the evening is Izmedu!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:00 am

Apolonija: Dobra večer Izmedu! Dobra večer Vodiznad i Etela! Wow, the energy in the city must be off-the-charts! May we have the 5 points?

Etela Tomac: Dobra večer Vodiznad! Yes indeed, Vodiznad's been partying all day and night waiting to hear the winner and of course, to celebrate the New Year! I know we're the last ones to vote, so I'll give the 5 points to you now. The 5 points... from Izmedu... go... to...

POLKOPIA!

Etela Tomac: Happy New Year's to those in the Dragulj Arena! Hvala lipa Apolonija!

Apolonija: Hvala Etela! Looks like Vodiznad's partying hard tonight. Alright, that concludes Phase II of the voting.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:30 am

After the Izmeduan votes were announced, the crowd response was effectively one long roar that consisted on excited shouts and the sounds of confusion. Luckily, there wasn't any panicked screaming, but observers in the crowd noticed the scoreboard peculiarity at the top of the leaderboard before it disappeared. Confusion began to arise in the crowd as Apolonija didn't immediately announce a winner, as she could be seen concentrating somewhere else as the scoreboard disappeared. It was only for one beat as she turned back to the crowd, a smile on her face.

Apolonija: Before we move any further, may we please have a reminder of what the current standings are?

It was a mixture of cheers and confusion at this rate. The suspicions that some had brewing inside them within the crowd had been confirmed, all that was left was for the hostess to announce it.

Apolonija: In 3rd place is Kalosia with 20 points. In the top 2 is Izmedu and Polkopia with 24 points each. I can now confirm that we do indeed have a tie in our hands.

The confirmation caused the arena to erupt in a brief frenzy of, a collective 'whoa' going on. Considering that it was the host and the nation who received 5 points from the host were in deadlock, the atmosphere in the arena was an undecipherable mix of hope, excitement, and panic. Who would win at this rate?

Apolonija: Now, before you panic, hold your horses and let me explain. We were prepared for such a situation to happen and so, we have tiebreakers prepared. This will involve a bit of explanation from me, so for all of you at home and in here, just sit tight and relax. Welcome to the emergency Phase III of the WHF29 Voting.

Apolonija: For those remembering that long tiebreaker implemented in Monterra 3 editions ago, the process remains much the same. Our tiebreaker will start off by focusing on the number of nations that voted for our current top 2. The one who has had more nations vote for them wins this tiebreaker. If both nations are found to have the same number of nations voting for them, we then look at how many sets of 5 points each nation received. The winner of the tiebreaker will have more sets of 5 points versus the other. If the tie persists, we'll go through each point value all the way down to one. If we have a World Hit Festival 26 on our hands where both nations have the exact same voting breakdown, I will contact RTI's General-Director Dora Vidakovic once more to consult the raw voting data. From there, the nation with the most televotes is declared the winner of World Hit Festival 29.

After the long explanation, Apolonija took a deep breath. She looked at the crowd once more with a smile, with the camera switching to some waving flags before freezing on her.

Apolonija: Alright, this is it. There is only one thing remaining before we find out our winner, the tiebreaker. Let's start Phase III!
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:00 am

The arena darkened as the broadcast began to now show a live feed of both Anamarija and Nikolai simultaneously, showing them reacting to the ensuing Phase III result. Such a shot was then quickly faded to Apolonija and the graphics being shown behind her.

Apolonija: We're going to take the first step of the tiebreaking position. May I please be shown who voted for Izmedu and Polkopia and how many nations for both of them?

The numbers on the bottom were the last thing to have gone into view with the arena now undertaking a rather green hue, and it sent the crowd into an excitement that was unseen for the show so far tonight. A huge roar from the crowd, one that was enough to disrupt the broadcast sound for a microsecond, soon erupted from the revelation of the short tiebreaker. Apolonija, herself still jittery from seeing the results parlayed into reality, tried to settle down the crowd. During this, the camera switched to a shot of the Izmeduan delegation, a clearly shocked Anamarija mouthing 'us?' to her fellow Izmeduans. As the realization dawned on them, that was when Apolonija made her move...

Apolonija: It is official! The tie has been broken! The winner of the 29th World Hit Festival is...

IZMEDU!!!

It was nothing but pure euphoria and excitement that was abuzz in the Dragulj Arena as Apolonija proudly announced the hosts as the winners of the World Hit Festival. It had been a close one to the finish, a tie that caused the collective in the arena to gasp and nearly explode in panic. While ties seemed to be growing in frequency, the home crowd were still affected strongly, knowing that Izmedu had come very close to the title in multiple occasions. History had been made tonight, after 14 editions and 3 runners-up positions, Izmedu was now sitting on top of that leaderboard.

Throughout the excitement, the camera decided to focus on an equally shocked and screaming Anamarija. Who was jumping up and down in reaction to the win as well as sobbing. Every member of the delegation was all smiles and hugs. Anamarija made her way out of the greenroom after hugging whatever delegations were in front of her, and to the stage. Once there, Anamarija was handed a trophy (which looked to be a crystalline version of the headphone logo) by the previous winner, Irina Garmash of Arioslavia. As stage crews began to set up for Anamarija's reprise, Apolonija approached her with a microphone on her hands.

Apolonija: Anamarija, congratulations on winning the World Hit Festival! What do you have to say?

Anamarija, with tears in her eyes, could only breathe in response to the question for a few seconds before regaining it after a few seconds. She grabbed the microphone for dear life.

Anamarija: I... It's a dream come true, Apolonija. I won for my country, I won with a song I am proud of. I cannot be anymore happier than now. I just want to say, world... HVALA LIPA!

There was a huge crowd cheer as Anamarija shouted her thanks in Izmeduan. The crowd energy then allowed Anamarija the strength to say a few more words

Anamarija: Never give up, never take things for granted. Remind who you love each day that you love them. I love you all so much.

Anamarija was then unable to say more words as she was handed another microphone, then directed to go backstage as she had to get ready for the winner's reprise. Apolonija took control from here, with one more segment to go before the broadcast would close.

Apolonija: Thank you Anamarija! As she gets ready for her winner's reprise. There's one thing we should also celebrate. This show is doubled as a New Year's celebration. As some of you may have noticed, we are now in the first few minutes of 2017. I want all of you to say this with me on my mark, alright? Here we go...

HAPPY NEW YEAR WORLD!!!

As Apolonija and the crowd collectively wished a happy new year's, a massive stream of sparks showered out of the conduits as those same words appeared on the screen. The camera began to pan back to the crowd as they roared in response to the new celebrations, many waving flags in pure excitement, as if the night was never going to end. Apolonija began to walk forward as she positioned herself on the middle runway of the stage, the camera focusing on her one last time.

Apolonija: Tonight, 10 nations and 10 songs stood here tonight and sang their hearts out in their journey for your votes. While we may know the winner, every nation here has accomplished something tonight by being here to celebrate music together. It has been our absolute honor having every international delegation here sing in our stage and our country, please, give our participants one last round of applause!

Apolonija took a small pause here to let the crowd cheer, she smiled at them, knowing that the show's end was due in a short amount of time.

Apolonija: To the audience, to the fans watching at home, you make this show possible. To the World Hit Festival organizers, thank you for allowing us the chance to host this wonderful show. It's been an honor. This has been World Hit Festival 29. I, your hostess, will allow Anamarija to take the honors. Thank you and good night! This is Apolonija Dukic, signing off.
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:08 am

Anamarija Lubina - Remedy
To the tune of: Yuridia - Cobarde

Anamarija couldn't believe it when Apolonija announced her country's name as the winner, much less the surrounding arena graphics declaring the host country the winner of the 29th World Hit Festival. It began to hit as she made the walk to the stage, stopping to hug each delegation as she was shepherded toward the hostess. Then, it was that interview and the handing of the World Hit Festival trophy. The moments since that announcement up to now were all one long blur of bliss that Anamarija could hardly believe have happened. As the stage crews were now prepping the stage for the reprise, installing the grand staircase that featured prominently in her song, it was an ample but brief time for Anamarija to reflect on her newfound victory.

She knew the larger implications this World Hit Festival win had on her country. It was the first-ever WHF title for Izmedu, 14 editions in the making after Valentina Loncar held the baton in the country's earliest days in the contest. History was born and written in that announcement. Anamarija also thought of the personal effects as well. She was moved by the response to the song in terms of points, it was a signal to her that her message was received and conveyed. She thought back to the persons and circumstances that inspired the song, and a part of her hoped that they were watching the show right now. It was a moment that allowed her self-pride to organically swell, a self-confidence in the moment blooming like never before.

She thought back to Istraziti Zvizdu and now... As the stage hand directed her to get ready, she flashed a beaming smile. Anamarija readied herself, walking into position.

I hope you're proud of me right now... Anamarija thought, thinking to a person who she'd be directing these words to.

The Dragulj Arena was overcome with the deafening roar of the Izmeduan crowd at the advent of the Izmeduan entry. With the victory fresh in mind, the sound feeds were dysfunctional for a second due to the raw volume of the crowd. The interior lights flashed all three colors of the Izmeduan tricolore, a red, green, and blue before flashing into a bright white before fading slowly into total darkness. The crowd cheer was still rather loud going into the entry, but quieted down as a soft piano and beat began to flow through the arena...

The stage was lit up in a soft golden color to reveal a velvet curtain had been draped over the top level of the stage. At the first strains of the music, the curtain began to open and unfurl itself, revealing that a mock grand staircase on the top level had been installed with Anamarija, wearing this dress, walking down those stairs. The camera positioned itself in a slight dutch angle as it faded to a close view of Anamarija walking down the stairs, the light arrangement casting shadows under her eyes. Once Anamarija was at the mid-level runway like platform, a ballroom background began to appear on the back screens as Anamarija stood there (with this background remaining for the entirety of the entry), a quaint smile on her face as the camera faded to a mid-range view of her.

Each day I remind myself of the fortune I have
That you are in my life; you have changed me for the better
My life's undergone a moment of pure clarity
You helped me realize that there is a hope
Beyond the darkness I was trapped in

At the start of the vocals, Anamarija began to work forward, with the camera then locking in a closer view of her as it made a slow revolution around her during the first two lines, before freezing for the third... She held out a hand to the camera as she sang, almost spoke the lyrics, before turning away with a contemplative, but grateful look. At the end of first verse, she began to take a step towards the lowest level of the stage, taking a step down as the camera began to pan back, emphasizing the relatively large scale of the ballroom background on the stage...

There is so much left unsaid between us both
Messages of thanks left to hollow silence
Every hurt and pain I carry within me
When the time's right, I promise I'll tell you everything

At the pre-chorus, the floor screens began to project an image of a polished ballroom floor, completing the entire background. With astral projections of Anamarija dancing with an unknown figure as she made a slow walk through lower left level of the stage. The camera cut to the projection and to Anamarija during the pre-chorus, her face expressing the yearn to confess. At the last line of the pre-chorus, Anamarija walked back to the mid-level stage as the song began to build, with her holding a quickly developing note as the spotlights faded...

Because of you, I've grown stronger
In my moments of weakness you made sure I was still breathing
Because of you, I feel braver
I'm able to break free and live to the fullest again
So many things
That I wish I could tell you, that remain locked inside
Day by day I'll say to you: you're my remedy

She belted out the first line of the chorus with a ferocity that matched the outburst of lights that came on, as projections of 'memories,' Anamarija dancing with a holographic female figure began to to be projected around the stage. The limited technology meant that the holographic Anamarijas dancing gracefully appeared more ghost-like, almost like as if the whole stage set-up was existing within Anamarija's memories. The dances reflected the words that Anamarija was belting out, with one projected scene that was closest to Anamarija showing her struggling with a ballroom dace, and with the figure teaching the ghostly Anamarija to do it properly. To progressing to Anamarija being able to do it...

These scenes were most prevalent during the chorus' first half, with the camera focusing on strategic close ups of Anamarija with the ghostly projections in view, landing, pausing, and fading right in front of her as she belted out 'so many things,' with the chorus getting softer. Anamarija stepped back, the camera focusing on a side-right view as she began to turn back. The camera panned to the right slightly to reveal that same ghostly figure standing on the bottom step of the grand staircase. The lights began to get softer in time with the music's softening, with Anamarija looking at the figure with a fond, yet sad look. At the final line, the female figure faded from view as Anamarija walked over to the grand staircase herself during the brief instrumental interlude, the time of day in the ballroom scene fading from a night scene to one in the afternoon. She sat down at the bottom step, where the ghostly figure she was singing to stood...

I've taken for granted all the things you do for me
Sometimes, I wonder if I'm good enough to deserve you
Just being with you gives me a reason to live
But do I give you the same feelings? Do I give back enough to you?

Anamarija had entered a stage where the emotions began to overpour, her face reflecting the much more contemplative tone that the lyrics began to take. The camera focused on a mixture of close ups and wide pans of the stage, re-emphasizing the scale of the ballroom scene with the lone Anamarija sitting on the stairwell. For the last two lines, she began to clasp the camera with two hands, looking down and receding into herself with the camera fading into a slowly moving close up of her emotions...

There is so much left unsaid between us both
Messages of thanks left to hollow silence
Every hurt and pain I carry within me
When the time's right, I promise I'll tell you everything

At this, Anamarija began to slowly stand up from the stairwell, walking towards the audience until she hit the logical end of the mid-level runway-like platform. The lights began to flash various light hues of gold and orange, reflecting the color palette of the ballroom at afternoon. Anamarija stepped back as the pre-chorus ramped up, with her holding an arm out to her head in preparation for the belt she would unleash...

Because of you, I've grown stronger
In my moments of weakness you made sure I was still breathing

Anamarija unleashed the trademark belts associated with the chorus, unleashing as much power as she could from her voice as the astral projections from earlier began to appear on the stage, with a much more jubilant moving image of Anamarija dancing with her partner with a grace that wasn't seen from the first refrain. The stage lit up in blazing colors of bright gold, with the ballroom chandeliers lighting up in that same bright color as the camera made sweeping shots of the stage, showing Anamarija's dress billowing in the wind as she passionately sung the chorus. However, that chorus was cut off a bit early...

The depths of my gratefulness are beyond any words
One day I'll find a way to repay you on my own terms, and when that day arrives...

For this brief bridge, Anamarija belted out the first line, with the holographic projections froze in place right behind her as she began to sing to a frozen, projected hologram of her and the female figure sharing a smile together. At the first line, 'Anamarija' faded, causing the real Anamarija to walk over in her place and hold the female figure's hands. The camera made a close up at the moment she held the female figure's hand with her free one, before that hologram faded at the end of the bridge, causing the stage to darken and for the camera to zoom out, with Anamarija right in front with a solemn, but content expression.

[Because of you, I've grown stronger
In my moments of weakness you made sure I was still breathing]

The ballroom background began to darken as the background singers took control of the first two lines of the chorus, but seemingly unbeknownst to Anamarija, the partner (now revealed to look like this) that she danced with in the holograms began to walk down the grand staircase, with the lights trained on her moving away strategically. There was a smile on her face as she walked down as Anamarija began to prep herself, with her standing behind the singer the moment the song began to build up again...

So many things
That I wish I could tell you, that remain locked inside
Day by day I'll say to you: you're my remedy

As if reactive intuitively, Anamarija turned behind her to see her partner just before the moment she began to belt out the first lines, with the singer gracefully moving around as much she could with her partner without compromising the vocal. The stage lit up in a golden color, with the ballroom scene having one final hurrah with its golden walls The camera reacted suitably so, rotating dynamically and performing two revolutions as if it were an actual ballroom dance. This only occurred for a few seconds before Anamarija inched closer to her partner, singing these lines directly to her as she began to hold her partner's hand (but astute eyes would notice they weren't touching, with the camera maintaining a deliberate distance from them). It was at the moment where Anamarija belted out 'because of you' is where the arena began to release confetti, with copious amounts beginning to fall around Anamarija at the musical climax.

At the last three lines, the ballroom scene began to get more somber as the lights turned to a baby, but gloomy blue. Anamarija 'released' a hand, looking much more somber than before as she sang the last few lines. The 'real' partner that descended down the stairs was revealed to be an immensely strong hologram projection, looking so initially real to the human eye. The lights began to die down at the chorus' last half. The reveal (via a turning down of the hologram's opacity) was made as Anamarija sang the second-to-last line, with the projection disappearing as Anamarija sang 'you're my remedy' with such an outpour of emotion, almost causing a slight hitch. The camera caught an opportune moment of Anamarija's free hand lingering over to where the projection was once was, before the spotlight on Anamarija faded...

The ballroom scene began to fade away, with the last few piano notes causing time to almost go backwards. At the entry's closing, Anamarija made one last adlib as the camera made a close up of her, the ballroom background fading completely and with the parting shot a solemn image of her, standing alone on the stage.

Anamarija could only stand there at the crowd, an iconic image of her tired but exhausted smile forever etched into the memory, with her grasping the microphone. She blew one more kiss to the crowd, and consequently,, to the world. Once the lights returned back to their normal setting, the credits began to roll on broadcast as the camera began to pan away from the stage, with the hostess and Izmeduan delegation returning to congratulate Anamarija once more. At that parting image, this marked the end of the broadcast, and consequently, World Hit Festival 29 itself.

For those in the arena, however, it was only the beginning of a long night of partying...
Last edited by Izmedu on Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates