NATION

PASSWORD

The World Assembly Strangers' Bar

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:29 am

Skylus wrote:OCC- I am confused again.
This is what happens when you don't get on for 8 hours.

Having used Healio to heal what she could, and having witnessed even more stuff that would have gotten her expelled, most likely, Lauren got up from the booth she had been sitting at and then walked over to Pink's table and sat down across from him.
"So. I've had an interesting few days here. Yeah, I'm the one who crashed into that fountain outside. It's fixed. I could go on about some stuff that I've witnessed here, but I'd like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. It's about your occupation."

Whiskers perks up one ear in order to listen without anyone noticing.
terrible takes plz ignore

Skylus
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 25, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Skylus » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:00 am

Kitzerland wrote:
Skylus wrote:OCC- I am confused again.
This is what happens when you don't get on for 8 hours.

Having used Healio to heal what she could, and having witnessed even more stuff that would have gotten her expelled, most likely, Lauren got up from the booth she had been sitting at and then walked over to Pink's table and sat down across from him.
"So. I've had an interesting few days here. Yeah, I'm the one who crashed into that fountain outside. It's fixed. I could go on about some stuff that I've witnessed here, but I'd like to ask you some questions, if you don't mind. It's about your occupation."

Whiskers perks up one ear in order to listen without anyone noticing.

Lauren ignores the fact that said cat is listening intensely, and begins speaking with Pink.
"Since you mentioned that you live in Middle-Earth-no, don't deny it, I can prove it to you later- Do you know Gandalf?
Second-do you personally know the Doctor? Well, I do. Briefly, we met, but then he told me that the two of us were not supposed to meet yet, and left in his Tardis of his. I did meet K-9, as he can verify...wherever he went off to...anyway, I can tell that you'd like an explanation as to why the Doctor and I met. I'll warn you, it's...a long story. If you want to hear me go through a very cut version of the whole ordeal, just say so."
Proud Member of OCReMix.org and Pixel Mixers
Like to draw, play piano, play video games.
YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/mericalgirl1234
To avoid confusion on forums - I am female
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)
Hogwarts: Derek Forester, Madison Goodwill
RoP: Madison Goodwill, Link (BotW)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:35 am

Parsons reads the newspaper. He smiles.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Bakhton
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhton » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:00 pm

Imperium Anglorum wrote:Parsons reads the newspaper. He smiles.

Lara Qzu leans over and reads her fellow ambassador's paper before drinking a bourbon. "We're hoping to get there soon also. The ways of the Shazakhrain Empire are still strong in certain sections of our nation. Bastards."
Big Blue Law Book
WA Voting Record
When your resolution fails.
Economic Left/Right: -6.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.23
Foreign Policy: -6.81
Culture Left/Right: -8.02

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:02 pm

Skylus wrote:
Kitzerland wrote:Whiskers perks up one ear in order to listen without anyone noticing.

Lauren ignores the fact that said cat is listening intensely, and begins speaking with Pink.
"Since you mentioned that you live in Middle-Earth-no, don't deny it, I can prove it to you later- Do you know Gandalf?
Second-do you personally know the Doctor? Well, I do. Briefly, we met, but then he told me that the two of us were not supposed to meet yet, and left in his Tardis of his. I did meet K-9, as he can verify...wherever he went off to...anyway, I can tell that you'd like an explanation as to why the Doctor and I met. I'll warn you, it's...a long story. If you want to hear me go through a very cut version of the whole ordeal, just say so."

Pink perked up from the tablet at the sound of Lauren's voice. "Gandalf? Let me think... ah, that was the name he went by further north. The elves had more influence where I'm from, so I always knew the name Mithrandir. I didn't know him, unfortunately. I must be from the future in your perspective, as the incident with your pendant there was rather old history by the time we landed there." he took a sip of his ale before continuing. "The Doctor... I ran into him briefly here, as I mentioned. He was in his first known form, however, and thought I'd nicked his ship, so it wasn't the most pleasant encounter. If it had been a later incarnation, I would have told him about Whovian Tardisia. He's a bit of a legendary figure back home, an idol. There's even a religion that worships him, although that was a cover story that got out of hand... in short, I don't know him, but if I did, I'd probably be a hero back home for finding him. And that K-9 unit I have is not the same one, by the way. We make our own at home, they are very handy. Par exemple," Pink then whistled, and K-9 rolled out from under the Lyricans' table where he had been hiding. "Could you be a dear and get us another ale please?" Pink asked the artificial canine. <Certainly. Would Miss Goodwill like something?> The metal mutt replied.
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.
From the desk of Rupert Pink:
The Grand Gallifreyan Republic of Whovian Tardisia
Floor 12, Office 42 of WAHQ
Proud patron of the World Assembly Stranger's Bar.
The Interstellar Cartographers are back! This time, they explore Methuselah.

Bakhton
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhton » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Whovian Tardisia wrote:
Skylus wrote:

Pink perked up from the tablet at the sound of Lauren's voice. "Gandalf? Let me think... ah, that was the name he went by further north. The elves had more influence where I'm from, so I always knew the name Mithrandir. I didn't know him, unfortunately. I must be from the future in your perspective, as the incident with your pendant there was rather old history by the time we landed there." he took a sip of his ale before continuing. "The Doctor... I ran into him briefly here, as I mentioned. He was in his first known form, however, and thought I'd nicked his ship, so it wasn't the most pleasant encounter. If it had been a later incarnation, I would have told him about Whovian Tardisia. He's a bit of a legendary figure back home, an idol. There's even a religion that worships him, although that was a cover story that got out of hand... in short, I don't know him, but if I did, I'd probably be a hero back home for finding him. And that K-9 unit I have is not the same one, by the way. We make our own at home, they are very handy. Par exemple," Pink then whistled, and K-9 rolled out from under the Lyricans' table where he had been hiding. "Could you be a dear and get us another ale please?" Pink asked the artificial canine. <Certainly. Would Miss Goodwill like something?> The metal mutt replied.

"The doctor... that wouldn't happened to be a British chap playing a recorder?"
Big Blue Law Book
WA Voting Record

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:02 pm

"In one life, yes." Pink answered to the mysterious new voice. "Who was that?" he asked it.
An FT (Class W11) nation capable of space travel, but has never attempted invading another planet. The Space Brigade is for defense only! Also, something happened to Ambassador Pink.

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 07, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:52 am

George looks up from his tupor and eagerly asks, "Can I get his autograph? Isn't he the chap in that blue phone booth, isn't it? I was trying to call my boss when it suddenly disappears! Also, I have a suspicion that the phone booths are secretly elevators. And the people who go in them are strange. Who doesn't use mobile? They also don't seem to know what The Atlae Isles has done for them! All they mutter about are Muggles, whatever they are. Remind me to kidnap some for a civics class..."
Last edited by The Atlae Isles on Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Issues #752, #816, and #967
Delegate Emeritus of The East Pacific
WA Ambassador: George Williamsen
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."
Collecting TEP Cards! - Deputy Steward of TEAPOT

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:37 am

The Atlae Isles wrote:George looks up from his tupor and eagerly asks, "Can I get his autograph? Isn't he the chap in that blue phone booth, isn't it? I was trying to call my boss when it suddenly disappears! Also, I have a suspicion that the phone booths are secretly elevators. And the people who go in them are strange. Who doesn't use mobile? They also don't seem to know what The Atlae Isles has done for them! All they mutter about are Muggles, whatever they are. Remind me to kidnap some for a civics class..."

"....HE KNOWS, RUN!"

"As a matter of fact, yes. But only British Wizards and Witches use phone booths as elevators, don't know about anywhere else...use them to deter Muggles, non-magic people. Been to the Ministry a few times myself. And no, you may NOT kidnap anyone for your civics class, thank you very much. As to your question, Pink, I think a Butterbeer will do me good right now, thanks in advance."
VTtM: Madison Goodwill, Link (WW), Amaterasu, Alt. Future Link, Link (TP), Link (BotW) (I’m a Zelda fan okay)

Love this site it is awesome, no I am not changing my flag because it is amazing.

Whovian Tardisia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Whovian Tardisia » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:20 am

<Most certainly.> replies the metal mutt, as he rolls up to the bar and orders the drinks. Pink then turns back to Lauren. "Ah, the Ministry booths. I finds them rather clever. I find most magic rather clever, really. The use of language as opposed to mathematics and science to perform certain actions is rather astounding. Though I suppose this could be considered a wand, in a way." He says, pulling out his sonic device. "Although it's not very effective on organic matter, other than a crude scan. Wood, in particular, jams it completely." He added, glancing at the wooden door to the VIP lounge. "The buggers thought of everything." He muttered.

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:54 pm

George says to himself, "I do say, a zoologist came to my country. I welcomed him, as he was supposed to study some strange animals we have in our country. But he accidentally released a bunch of invasive species, and that made a HUGE mess. It took a few weeks before all the holes in the road were repaired. At least he wrote a book about it. I hear there's a movie about it. Bartender, give me some beer. I'm still a bit thirsty."
"Gloria in Terra" | "The pronunciation of "Atlae" is /ætleɪ/. Don't you forget it."

Bakhton
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Bakhton » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:17 pm

Whovian Tardisia wrote:"In one life, yes." Pink answered to the mysterious new voice. "Who was that?" he asked it.

"There are stories that Some old short black haired chap playing a recorder freed Sali Baza from captivity when he mysteriously disappeared from Shazakhrain custody. Bunch of hogwash we think."
Big Blue Law Book
WA Voting Record

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:09 pm

The Atlae Isles wrote:George says to himself, "I do say, a zoologist came to my country. I welcomed him, as he was supposed to study some strange animals we have in our country. But he accidentally released a bunch of invasive species, and that made a HUGE mess. It took a few weeks before all the holes in the road were repaired. At least he wrote a book about it. I hear there's a movie about it. Bartender, give me some beer. I'm still a bit thirsty."

"Ah, yes. It looks good. I hear it stars Eddie Red-Mane."
(OOC: I couldn't resist the opportunity to make a cat pun! I apologize.)

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:42 pm

Kitzerland wrote:
The Atlae Isles wrote:George says to himself, "I do say, a zoologist came to my country. I welcomed him, as he was supposed to study some strange animals we have in our country. But he accidentally released a bunch of invasive species, and that made a HUGE mess. It took a few weeks before all the holes in the road were repaired. At least he wrote a book about it. I hear there's a movie about it. Bartender, give me some beer. I'm still a bit thirsty."

"Ah, yes. It looks good. I hear it stars Eddie Red-Mane."

"Ah, yes. That movie. It's strange. What is this 'America' that they talk about? Must be a metaphor for my place. I swear, a few hunters came up to me and said that they would gather and kill all of those animals. They even mentioned shooting poor Mr. Scamander. By the way, is 'Hogwarts' the same school that my leader was asked about in Issue #536? I must be getting too drunk. Bartender, more please. I'll have whatever this 'butterbeer' is.

"I do say, I've been seeing strange stuff since I was a kid. Therapists thought it was just my imagination, but I knew it was real. I saw people fighting what seemed to be mythical monsters with glowing swords, saw people going through walls, saw strangely costumed people ask others what electricity is, saw [REDACTED!], and in a dream, I saw strange, clumsy little green men make fully functional rockets. I wrote down the design, and sent it to my country's space administration. The minister of space was very surprised. I must be very drunk. Just one last drink."
Last edited by The Atlae Isles on Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:18 am

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:44 am

The Atlae Isles wrote:
Kitzerland wrote:"Ah, yes. It looks good. I hear it stars Eddie Red-Mane."

"Ah, yes. That movie. It's strange. What is this 'America' that they talk about? Must be a metaphor for my place. I swear, a few hunters came up to me and said that they would gather and kill all of those animals. They even mentioned shooting poor Mr. Scamander. By the way, is 'Hogwarts' the same school that my leader was asked about in Issue #536? I must be getting too drunk. Bartender, more please. I'll have whatever this 'butterbeer' is.

"I do say, I've been seeing strange stuff since I was a kid. Therapists thought it was just my imagination, but I knew it was real. I saw people fighting what seemed to be mythical monsters with glowing swords, saw people going through walls, saw strangely costumed people ask others what electricity is, saw [REDACTED!], and in a dream, I saw strange, clumsy little green men make fully functional rockets. I wrote down the design, and sent it to my country's space administration. The minister of space was very surprised. I must be very drunk. Just one last drink."
Who on earth is [REDACTED]?

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:45 am

Kitzerland wrote:
The Atlae Isles wrote:

Who on earth is [REDACTED]?

"It's something that my government is creating. It's probably classified. From what I know, it's something to do with a wall. But I don't have clearance to know all of it. But it looked so strange.

Wallenburg
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 30, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Wallenburg » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:08 am

Imperium Anglorum wrote:SISKOSONS: Don't you understand?! It's REAL!

OOC: I am so confused.
While she had no regrets about throwing the lever to douse her husband's mistress in molten gold, Blanche did feel a pang of conscience for the innocent bystanders whose proximity had caused them to suffer gilt by association.

King of Snark, Real Piece of Work, Metabolizer of Oxygen, Old Man from The East Pacific, by the Malevolence of Her Infinite Terribleness Catherine Gratwick the Sole and True Claimant to the Bears Armed Vacancy, Protector of the Realm

Giant Bats
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Giant Bats » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:44 am

Ikiti Tikilikrr stopped at the Bar's doorway, halfway into the room. Her huge ears moved animatedly, and she sniffed the air. Her cybernetic headgear was chirping the visual outlines of everything right into her brain, but when you entered a new enclosed space, that was never as good as her natural senses. Without even thinking, she used soft sonar pulses to measure the space and ascertain the placement of both items and people. No need to be loud, not with such reflective surfaces all around her.

The echos returning from the people, however, were making her hungry, which wasn't helped by the smell of all of them. Though they were all alien to her, the smells, the heartbeats, the return echoes telling of excellent flesh-to-bone ratio when compared to her normal prey species... all that was making her more hungry, and having to keep swallowing excess saliva. She wanted to sink her claws into something soft and squealing, use her teeth to tear the flesh off the bones and then crunch the bones too.

Before the urge to tear someone's face off became too strong, she walked into the room. Her kind, the Tikrr, walked on all fours, their hands at the wing knuckles working as front paws as well. Back home, of course, walking on floors wasn't common, but here, with such limited air spaces, Ikiti was limited in her options. The killing claws of her hindfeet clicked on the hard surface as she passed tables and delicious-sounding delegates on her way to the bar counter.

However, the ambassador from Kitzerland made her pause and "stare" for a long while. It was strange how evolution worked on different planets, and how - with only slight differences - similar creatures came to be. The Kitzerlander resembled her intended lunch so much that Ikiti felt confused for a moment. However, she wouldn't have been allowed offworld if she hadn't overcome her tendency to try and bite the nearest suitable-sized prey item whenever she was hungry. That was what animals did, and she was supposed to be something better. All Tikrr were. The Liftgivers insisted on it, and so the Tikrr would do their best.

Finally moving on to the bar, Ikiti asked one of the bartenders for the cage that contained her lunch, saying she would eat it outside. The human went to some storage room at the back for a while and then came back with a birdcage that contained two creatures from Ikiti's homeworld, creatures that looked very much like the Kitzerland's ambassador, except with four wings instead of four legs. They had very well working eyes and started to shriek in terror as soon as they saw Ikiti.

She grabbed the cage into her jaws and then walked to one of the room's large windows, which she opened carefully. Then, standing on her hindlegs, she took the cage in her hands and ripped it open. The two terrified fuzzballs inside - the Tikrr word for them meant "four feathers", a reference to the number and type of their wings - shot out of the window, just as Ikiti had hoped. She dropped the cage and hopped onto the windowsill, reaching up to disable the sight function of her cybernetics. As soon as it quieted down, she launched out of the window, the first wingbeat making the surface of the Vastivan reflection pool ripple, and then quickly rose into the sky to hunt for her lunch.
Large, eyeless, carnivorous bat-like creatures with interstellar FTL capabilities. (See OOC addition here for size reference.)

Allies of Potted Plants United.

"We do not write because we want to. We write because we have to." - Somerset Maugham

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:47 am

Giant Bats wrote:*Snip*

Whiskers sees the giant bat creature and shivers. He orders another drink, visibly shaken.
Last edited by Kitzerland on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:07 pm

OOC: Kit, please could you snip that post?
Last edited by Tinhampton on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Skylus
Negotiator

Postby Skylus » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:32 pm

Lauren watched the creature ask for a cage of still alive creatures, which screamed in fear, then grew silent as the creature took the cage from one of the bartenders and began to cross the room. The creature then took off through the open window and the young Witch watched silently as she flew off into the far distance, the creatures in the cage screaming all the while.

"....A gigantic female bat-like creature...interesting.....Now I have seen everything. Just what were those things n that cage?
And another thing. I also met Newt Scamander personally, as well as the Boy Who Lived. I went back in time to help him during the latter four years of his education. I was there for HIS revival, I was there for the deaths, the betrayals, finding stuff, destroying stuff, I found the Sword, And I was there when HE died. So. Want more of my life-story yet?"

The Atlae Isles
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Atlae Isles » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:21 pm

George Williamsen took out his camera and snapped a picture. He faxed it back home to make sure it was real and not just because he was drunk. He didn't even know how to use a fax machine. He hoped someone in the government would tell him what it is and not that they were too busy from working on [REDACTED!].

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:17 pm

Skylus wrote:
Lauren watched the creature ask for a cage of still alive creatures, which screamed in fear, then grew silent as the creature took the cage from one of the bartenders and began to cross the room. The creature then took off through the open window and the young Witch watched silently as she flew off into the far distance, the creatures in the cage screaming all the while.

"....A gigantic female bat-like creature...interesting.....Now I have seen everything. Just what were those things n that cage?"

OOC notes: No outwards indicators that Ikiti is female, and she released the fuzzballs in the cage to be able to hunt them, dropping the ripped-open cage before taking off.

OOC: Also, to give you some idea of Ikiti's size - when she stands on 4 legs, in which position the natural way to hold her head is slightly lower than her shoulders, her highest point is about 1.8 metres (close to 6 feet) high. Her wingspan, with wings fully extended, is about 6 metres (20 feet). She's much more lightweight than the measurements suggest, but the wingspan is no exaggeration, considering the conditions on the Tikrr's homeworld.

I'm trying to draw a picture of one of them, but I suck at drawing, so that may take a while. :P
Last edited by Araraukar on Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Kitzerland
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Kitzerland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Tinhampton wrote:OOC: Kit, please could you snip that post?

Sorry. Forgot that's a thing.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly