NATION

PASSWORD

AOCAF LII/52 (Concluded; Atlantian Oceania Only)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

AOCAF LII/52 MD 1

Postby 95X » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:17 pm

MD 1 CUTOFF.

As tomorrow/today when written in "DD-MM" format is 21-12, here is tonight's cutoff music:
https://youtu.be/AZm1_jtY1SQ
Group X
Osarius 3–0 Verceola @ Oceanside Stadium, 6 PM
95X 2–0 Starblaydia @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 8 PM

Group X Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Osarius 1 1 0 0 3 0 +3 3
2 95X 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Starblaydia 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
4 Verceola 1 0 0 1 0 3 −3 0

Group Y
Cosumar 1–0 Qasden @ Cascade Dome, 10 AM
Semarland 1–0 Tropicorp @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 10 AM

Group Y Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
Semarland 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Qasden 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Tropicorp 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Group Z
Valanora 1–0 Southwestern Sunrise Islands @ Oceanside Stadium, 11 AM
Chromatika 1–0 Tallaga la Falla @ Cascade Dome, 6 PM

Group Z Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Chromatika 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
Valanora 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Southwestern Sunrise Islands 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
Tallaga la Falla 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0

Group A
Audioslavia 7–0 The Redvale @ Equestrian Grounds, 12 PM
Quebec 2–0 Oontaz @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 10 AM

Group A Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Audioslavia 1 1 0 0 7 0 +7 3
2 Quebec 1 1 0 0 2 0 +2 3
3 Oontaz 1 0 0 1 0 2 −2 0
4 The Redvale 1 0 0 1 0 7 −7 0

Group B
Vilita & Turori 1–0 Blouman Empire @ Equestrian Grounds, 6 PM
Farfadillis 1–3 Anthor @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 8 PM

Group B Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Anthor 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
2 Vilita & Turori 1 1 0 0 1 0 +1 3
3 Blouman Empire 1 0 0 1 0 1 −1 0
4 Farfadillis 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0

Group C
Krytenia 1–1 Korizland @ Taylor Street Stadium, 10 AM
Western Sunrise Islands 3–1 Eshan @ Taylor Street Stadium, 6 PM

Group C Pld W D L GF GA GD Pts
1 Western Sunrise Islands 1 1 0 0 3 1 +2 3
2 Korizland 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
Krytenia 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1
4 Eshan 1 0 0 1 1 3 −2 0
The 95X National Dish
At a formal dinner in Pacific City, waitstaff served guests from around the region, and perhaps multiverse. On the finest butterfly gold china was the new official 95X Food Dish: drained top ramen noodles!
Last edited by 95X on Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Osarius
Senator

Founded: Mar 21, 2006
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:23 am

Osarius   3-0   Verceola
Bartley 13'
Doherty 41', 68'

Man-of-the-Match: Ryan Watson (OSR)

OSR: Shelly-Ann; Kavanagh, Muscolino, Cole, Carter; Pearce, Estevez,
Allen (Alejandro 67); Bartley, Doherty (Warwick 74), Watson

A strong, if entirely predictable, start for Osarius at the fifty-second AOCAF Cup, with Ayanna Barca-Carthy not leaving anything to chance in her squad selection. The new manager named a full-strength starting eleven for her first game in charge, against Verceola. The opposition are an unknown quantity, which perhaps explains the manager's cautious approach, but most significantly, this was a statement of intent. "We're aiming for another win. It makes no sense to come here thinking we can field a weakened team with that in mind. We have to go all-out. Select the best players for each game, and keep winning games." Explained Barca-Carthy. "Today was a solid performance. Professional. I'll be hoping to see that continue."

Captain Samantha Pearce remarked on the strange circumstances under which the team arrived to the stadium, amused by the absence of a hire coach. "It was a bit surreal getting on a massive bus to get here, surrounded by locals." She said. "Weirdest part was that they barely seemed to notice us. We were just 'other people on the bus', which was oddly calming, if I'm honest." That odd calm was clear as the Firebirds warmed up for their opening game. There was a sense of quiet focus, much like you'd expect before a big game, but lacking the nervous tension and the intensity of the occasion. When Samantha Pearce released Ryan Watson on the right wing after just three minutes, there was a feeling that things could get a little out of hand; however, the attack broke down and Osarius simply fell back into shape.

"There was something different about this team today," remarked Gabriella Collina post-match for Osarius Sports Network. "I'm not sure what it was, but the players looked so much more relaxed than we've seen them in recent years." The punditry team went on to speculate that it might be the influence of the new manager. "She did have that reputation for bailing her team out as a player, and though we know she can be quite intense, most of these guys will know her well from their time in the development unit. [...] I get the impression they trust her completely, and that's given them license to relax more." Elaborated former Osarius international Pepito, who played alongside young Barca-Carthy at Real Jraxville. "Aya has that something about her that just makes you feel like she has things under control. No matter what." It'll be interesting to see if that continues.

The opening goal was effectively the same move that Pearce and Watson used to open up Verceola in the third minute, except this time, the Hastmead winger's cross found Kyron Bartley at the back post. The Aquillian-born winger, who last month secured a move to Nepharim powerhouses Brinemouth, made no mistakes. Despite being part of a relegated Barciddia side last term, Bartley showed massive improvement from his debut season in Osarius. His fellow Aquilliano, Barciddia's manager Pablo Sirici, took great care to iron out some of the weaker points of the youngster's game; though Bartley is under no illusions. "I like playing opposite Ryan because he passes so much better than I do," he joked. "I'm working on the crossing. I know it's important, and I think I can become a much better player. But for now, I'm happy to score goals like that one. When you have players like Ryan or Ray [Montanari] opposite you to put the ball in those dangerous areas, it makes things much easier." It wasn't all fun and games for Bartley, though. The winger was guilty of being wasteful in possession a few times, with several of his crosses missing the mark, which he admits got him "a telling off" at half-time. "The manager said I did well for the goal, but then said I could have had a hat-trick of assists if I had better crossing." He explained with a wry smile. "So I know what I'll be working on in training."

Bartley wasn't the only one to struggle at times. The entire team did, with Verceola presenting a tough defensive formation after the first goal. With Walters and Kubrick dropping deeper, it was much harder for Watson and Bartley in particular to find space to attack Comstock and Xanthis. While Watson could rely on support from Kyle Carter, whose attacking movements have improved since his move to Spartangrad, Bartley's support came in the form of an out-of-position Elise Kavanagh. Normally a centre back, the Jraxville defender was capable in the defensive phase, but didn't always see the best times to press. As a result, Pearce and Estevez had less passing outlets, meaning they had a tougher than usual time maintaining possession for prolonged periods in the middle.

"There was a fundamental problem with the shape for about half an hour after the first goal," explained Collina. "With less options out wide, you could see Pearce wanting to force the issue in the middle, but Allen was always tightly marked. This meant a lot of backwards passes at first, but after a little while there was a sense of urgency creeping in, and the midfield gave away possession pretty cheaply a few times." Collina was quick to note, however, that Barca-Carthy's management skills were invaluable at this juncture. "The manager has noticed the problem pretty quickly, though, and you can see her motioning to Estevez and Allen to pull wide. This eases the pressure on Pearce a little, at the cost of leaving her a little exposed."

Exposing the midfield's weakness almost backfired when Mike Roberts pressured Pearce and stole the ball about thirty-five yards from goal, but Barca-Carthy had prepared for that too. In the knowledge that the opposition only had a single central forward, she had instructed Cole to step up and support the midfield, leaving Muscolino to mark Declan Mullins. Cole was quick to spot the danger when Roberts broke free, and shut him down quickly.

With attention focused primarily on the midfield, there was a brief struggle between the two sides until Estevez hustled and harried Medin into an error, and released Watson again down the right. This time the Hastmead winger lofted a cross toward the penalty spot, arcing away from Jared Thompson, who still managed to punch clear. But only as clear as Lloyd Allen. The Firewood playmaker kept calm and sent the ball back out to Watson on the edge of the box, who chipped over Butler to Quinn Doherty in acres of space. Trothwands Evolution's newest signing made it count.

The second half would see a much more controlled performance from Osarius, as the midfield issue was locked down, and the fullbacks pressed higher up the pitch to compress space. There were a few scares, including a spectacular fingertip save from Shelly-Ann on the hour mark, and a twenty-five yard thunderbolt from Walters crashing off the bar of the Osarian goal, but Ryan Watson's cutback in the sixty-eighth minute found Quinn Doherty for the striker's second and Osarius' third, and a hat-trick of assists for Watson. "Easier to pass than to shoot," he shrugged, making light of his reputation for scoring late winners on the break. "Except from free kicks, I suppose." The grandson of the late Benedict Watson picked up the man of the match award for his performance, and affirmed his position as the number one winger in the country, with the manager adding "He might well be the most naturally talented Osarian player of this generation." She did, however, add a caveat, stating that the youngster must surely be aware that "talent alone doesn't get you to the top in [football]."
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown
Civilisation Index: 13.43 • Tier 7, Level 2, Type 5
Current Project(s): a discord scorination bot, and a football manager knock-off

Useful NSSports Stuff | RabaSport.net

||A Loyal Citizen of Wakanda||

The Redvale
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Redvale » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:15 pm

The Sisterhood

Chapter Two: Acedia

It was less than a week after her mother’s funeral, but Allie Vacek was already making the move across an ocean to join her new club, Sporting Ceneisis. After the funeral, she’d made a brief stop in Lane to say goodbye to her old teammates at the Academy one more time, but after that, she was alone once again. Once again, she was a young girl in a foreign place who had nobody to help her get through it. Well, she had Lance Connors, but their friendship was in peril after their arguments in her last season at Lane. There were also her half-siblings, who were following her to Ceneisis and joining the academy team, but they weren’t in a position to help her. If anything, she was the one who was expected to take care of them.

The two people that Allie loved, Darren Harbin and Katie Drysdale-Fox, were hundreds of miles away. Darren would be staying local and joining Underfell FC. Katie was back from her loan with Union South Bay and would likely start next season somewhere different because of the crowded attack at Ross United. The three of them talked on the phone often, but it wasn’t the same as them being there. Allie knew none of her new teammates, and didn’t know where to go for friendship after Lance had helped her move into her new apartment and then left her alone.

All she could do when she first got there was cry and drink. She cried all night when she arrived there and when Lance left, not bothering to unpack the boxes that were stacked in the corner of the living room. It was just her and the empty room that night, and she remembered getting drunk for the first time since she passed out from alcohol poisoning. Returning to alcohol was like coming back to an old friend for her; when there were no real friends around, she could always count on a bottle of Valerian vodka making her feel better. Or at least, it made her feel better until the next morning.

When Allie woke up, her head was spinning and she felt sick. She’d slept too late and now she was going to be late for her first practice… If she could even make it there. She threw up in the shower a few minutes after getting up, and realized that this wasn’t a hangover she could walk off. But she still knew she had to make it to practice. After cleaning herself up, she got dressed as quickly as possible(in her hungover state, she ended up putting her tee shirt on backwards) and stumbled out of the apartment complex and to her new car.

Driving to the training complex, which wasn’t far, felt like it was a much longer trip than it really was. There were a few times when she was sure that she was going to crash, but she kept steady until the end of the ride. That was when she hit the gate while trying to enter, and then backed up and jumped the curb when she was parking. Fortunately, none of her teammates were in the parking lot to witness her blunder. “Can this morning get any worse?” she muttered to herself, getting out and stumbling her way to the doors, which she barely had the strength to push open.

She had the feeling that this was more than a hangover. She was physically sick, either from illness or depression or some mix of the two. Dealing with the hangover was giving her body less energy to fight off that sickness with, and that was why she was feeling so awful that morning. But Allie wasn’t the kind of person to take time off for being sick. If there was one good quality about her, it was that she never quit working. In a way, she was a workaholic who filled the time that most people would use for family with her work. And it was bad form to miss the first day of a new job, or, in her case, the first training session of the preseason with a new club.

“Hey… Hey you. Are you feeling alright?” asked one of the team trainers, who was in the locker room when she arrived. “Coach Zorzalo was just asking where you were, but I’m sure he’d give you the day off if he knew you looked the way you look right now.”

“I’m just a little bit under the weather. No big deal,” Allie lied, even though her appearance was giving her true state away. “Did I already miss training?”

“No, but there’s no way you’re going out there in that condition. That’s a good way to get yourself hurt, and we’re paying you far too much for that. Tell me the truth. How are you feeling? From the looks of it, you have a hangover, but I don’t want to assume-”

“I’m fine,” Allie snapped instinctively, but she didn’t look like she was fine. Without even changing into her uniform, she turned and moved to the tunnel leading to the training pitch. It was there that her new teammates were playing in a scrimmage match, one that was fast paced and intense enough that she knew there was no way she would be able to play. But at least she was making the effort to show up. Ignoring the protests of the trainer that was following her, she made her way to the sideline to find Tulio Zorzalo. “Hey, Coach. Sorry for showing up late, I wasn’t feeling all that great this morning…”

“You don’t say?” Zorzalo replied, looking her over. “What’s happened to you? You’re pale as a ghost, you look like you’re about to throw up, and you already look exhausted. I think not feeling all that great is an understatement.”

“I had a rough night, okay? I had a few hours of sleep and I woke up feeling like this-”

“Were you drinking?” asked her coach, knowing that the scouting reports had warned about how she had a tendency to binge on alcohol when she was stressed. Allie didn’t say anything to that question, prompting Zorzalo to soften his voice and try to coax an answer out of her. “Allie, you’re going to have to be honest with me if you want to succeed at this club. We already knew you have an alcohol problem, and we’re willing to help you get over it, but you’re going to need to be honest about it if you want anybody to be able to help you-”

“Okay, fine, I was drinking,” Allie blurted out, sounding defeated. “I just moved in and I don’t know anyone here and the only relatives who I still talk with are hundreds of miles away and I felt so alone and… I’m sorry. Can I just play now and we can talk about it later?”

Zorzalo gave her a hard and long look. “You want to play in street clothes? Well, we’ve already started and you don’t look like you can handle full speed practice right now,” he said, before looking to the pitch. “Hey! Sonny! Come take a break and warm up with the new girl!”

Alison ‘Sonny’ Torres nodded and left the scrimmage, another player coming on to replace her. She had been playing as hard as anyone out there, but she wasn’t looking tired or dazed. That contrasted with Allie’s look, and Sonny noticed right away. “The new girl finally arrives,” she remarked, looking Allie up and down and then frowning. “Are you feeling alright?”

“Yeah,” Allie said, forcing a smile. But then she felt the sick feeling coming on again, and this time, she couldn’t keep it under control. She turned and threw up, all over Coach Zorzalo. She wasn’t able to find the right words to apologize after that. He just gave her a look that she thought was a combination of disgust and disappointment. And Sonny… Well, she just gave Allie a look of pity and sympathy. Her career with Ceneisis wasn’t exactly starting the way she’d planned it, that was for sure.

=====

Darren Harbin wasn’t the type of guy that frequented large parties. Raves, maybe, but not parties consisting of mostly high class people and other footballers. It wasn’t that he was anti social, but he never fit in because parties always seemed to be for people who were more popular and more classy than him. Most of the times, the crowds that frequented the few parties he was invited to were the types who would look at him and write him off as some kind of convict or thug without talking to him.

That was kind of the case when he attended the nineteenth birthday party of Katie Drysdale-Fox. He hadn’t planned on going, and he would prefer to stay home and buy Katie a really nice gift to make up for not showing, but she was his friend and former roommate and he knew it was important to her. So he’d allowed her dad to talk him into attending, even though he quickly drifted towards the corner and mostly watched the others dance and socialize. Every so often, he would make his way to the drinks table and refill his cup of soda, but for the most part, he stayed in that corner and hoped that he wouldn’t be bothered.

It definitely was the type of crowd that he didn’t fit in at. Because Katie’s dad had played for Ross United and had been a star player, there were plenty of retired footballers from that club. Many of the younger guests were academy teammates of Katie, who followed in her father’s footsteps at a young age by deciding to go through the Ross academy instead of taking offers to join the first teams of other clubs. All these Rossites wouldn’t want to hang out with a lowlife from the suburbs of Underfell, he thought. A good number of his U-18 national team teammates were here too, but they were much more confident than him and they were at the center of the party. Not the edges.

After finishing off another cup of soda, Darren took out his phone and took a snapshot of the scene around him, before texting it to Allie with a quick message; “Where are you? You said I wouldn’t have to go alone”. He then pocketed the phone, and started walking back to the drinks table for another refill. That was when he bumped into none other than Dan Drysdale.

“Hey, Darren,” he said, slapping the slightly shorter boy on the shoulder. “Just the man I was looking for. I know you were reluctant to come, but I’m glad that you’re here. I could use your help with something… More accurately, my daughter could use your help with something.”

Darren raised an eyebrow and set his drink down. “Yeah, okay. What’s happening?”

“She locked herself in the bathroom upstairs, and she’s pretty upset about her friend not being here,” Dan replied, pausing before the word ‘friend’ because he truly didn’t know if Katie was upset about a friend or a romantic partner. “I don’t know which friend she’s talking about, but I think it’s that girl from Lane, Allie Vacek. Ever since she got back from her World Cup, all she’s done is talk about how she can’t wait till Allie is here. And now she’s somewhere else, and Katie is losing it.”

“Ah, well, I can’t say for sure if I can help, but I talked Allie out of a similar situation. I’ll head up there and see what I can do.”

“Thanks. I owe you one, Darren. I’ve already tried talking to her, but it’s no use. Maybe you can help her more than I can, I know you two are close friends now.”

They were much closer than that sometimes, but Darren didn’t correct him. He took out his phone and sent another text to Allie as he went upstairs in the Drysdale mansion; “You gonna reply or not? Katie is freaking out without you. Now I’m the one that has to fix it.”

With a sigh, he went down the hall towards the bathroom, which was where he could hear the sobbing through the door. “Uh… Hey, Katie. It’s me, do you want to talk? Your dad said that you were upset because Allie isn’t here. Can I come in? Or can you at least tell me that you’re okay? I don’t like hearing you cry like that.”

Katie opened the door, pulled Darren inside, and then shut and locked it again. “Oh, Darren… I’m so happy to see you, I didn’t want to talk about this with dad but… I trust you when it comes to talking about stuff like this. You see, Allie… She didn’t show up because she’s somewhere else right now, partying with another girl. She promised that she’d be here, and then… She didn’t come and then someone sent me a link to this picture.”

She showed Darren her phone, and a picture of Allie smiling as she was held up by a taller and more muscular girl, one with a Latino face and jet black hair. They were in some kind of fancy room that looked like it was part of a mansion or a luxurious villa, and they both had wide grins on their faces. “Who is that?” asked Darren, taking a closer look at the muscular girl. “From the looks of her, she’s got to be another player.”

“She is. Annamarie Janzen-Hara. I looked her up and she plays football for FC Maris, in Redvale. She posted this picture with a one word caption, ‘Sisters’. What do I do, Darren? Why is Allie hanging out with her instead of me, and why did she skip my party to be with her? Why haven’t I heard about this girl and why haven’t I seen her with Allie before?” Katie asked, through her sobs. “Does Allie even like me anymore?”

“I can’t speak for her,” Darren said, sighing and folding his arms. “And you know, the truth is that I have no clue. I’ve never seen this girl before and she’s definitely not part of our group of friends. I’m really sorry, Katie. I didn’t think she was the type to do this to you. She knew as well as anyone that this meant a lot to you-”

Katie was silent, the only noise in the room being the noise of her crying. “Don’t be sorry… It’s not your fault, it’s hers. But… I can promise you one thing. I’m going to get to the bottom of this and figure out who this girl is and why Allie suddenly wants to hang out with her instead of me. And I’m going to figure out why she hasn’t even mentioned her to me. Mark my words, Allie isn’t going to get off easy for this. Not at all…”
Puppet of Anglatia. An FanT/MT crossover nation ruled by a pantheon of gods and their chosen prophets.
Sporting Achievements: Global Cup of Soccer 2 Champion, NSCF 15 & 16 Mineral Conference champion. Winter Olympic Medals: 4 G, 5 S, 4 B

OOC: Nationalist, & Populist. #FreeKekistan

Verceola
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Verceola » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:00 pm

The locker room was buzzing with excitement as the Bulls of Verceola prepared to take the field for their first international kickoff. Manager Peters came around the corner. "Okay, let's gather up real quick here," he called over the dull roar.

As the players quieted down and surrounded their coach, Peters said, "All right, first things first. We haven't done this yet, but we need to select a captain for when we get out there." He reached into his pocket and started to pull out some little slips of paper, but Mike Roberts interjected, "It's Alejandro."

"Yup," Lucas Rinault agreed.

Peters looked around. "Any objections to that?"

There was a murmur of assent, and then a round of applause for their new leader. Peters smiled as he handed the black and green armband to Alejandro Ventura, the 31-year-old midfielder and professor of economics. "Captain, anything you want to say?"

Alejandro grinned as he addressed his teammates. "Look, I'm really nervous for this. I'm sure you guys are too. But just remember, worst case scenario, we're still making history here. And if it goes better than that, we can make a big difference today. Now let's fight!"

Peters said, "Let's get out there and see what we've got!"

Whooping and hollering, the Bulls bounced out of the locker room.

Helen Baker of the Luton Journal was the only reporter who had been sent by her news source to 95X for AOCAF. So she felt a bit awkward in the locker room after Verceola suffered a 3-0 defeat to the Osarius Firebirds. The players looked awkward too: not sure whether to feel excited or revel in the fun of the match, or disappointed in the outcome and saddened that their time in the tournament was looking to be brief. They certainly had no expectations going into the tournament, but it did not feel good to be totally outclassed in their international debut.

Baker didn't particularly want to interrupt this scene, but she had a job to do. She came from out of the hallway towards the lockers. The first player to notice her was Ryan Walters, and his smile at her seemed to indicate that he was willing to talk. Helen introduced herself, then with recorder in hand, she began. "Ryan, tough match out there, and not the result you wanted, but a lot to be proud of, wouldn't you say?"

Ryan replied, "Yeah, for sure. But we didn't really know what we would be facing, and you know, now we do. And just being here in Oceanside, it's a beautiful city and a great stadium, and it was fantastic just to play here today."

Alejandro Ventura heard this and yelled, "Yeah! Oi! Can we get our chins up? Be proud of what we just did!"

There were some murmurs and a few more smiles and laughs as Alejandro went around, pumping up his team. Ryan turned back to Helen. "We sure would have liked to do better. I wouldn't mind another chance on that one off the crossbar. But, you know, that's where we are right now."

"What do you think went well today?"

"I think we got in and fought hard on defense. We figured out what it was going to take to keep it close after the first ten, fifteen, and we locked down in the middle. And we had our chances on the attack, we just couldn't finish any."

"What could the team have done better?"

"Yeah, we can't allow all those runs down the side. Once those get started, it leaves us really vulnerable in the box when we try to stop it. And we'll need to either take more risks trying to get counterattacks or make fewer mistakes on our end."

"In a few minutes, your other two opponents will face off. Starblaydia, and the hosts 95X. How will you approach that match against Starblaydia?"

"Yeah, recently they haven't been the best team, but we still have our work cut out. We'll try to see what we're dealing with, watch that match, find a tactical approach that will work for us."

"And 95X. It'll be a home game for them, it'll likely be at a bigger venue that can hold a lot of their fans. How do you think that'll affect the matchup?"

"Well, it'll be interesting, I think. You know, we won't be used to that level of fan presence at all, and I'm sure it could get pretty negative. But like you said, it's a home game, they could be looking to win it all. So it's really more pressure on them, I think, maybe they come out tight, we can come out looser and try to surprise them."

"Anything you'd have to say to the fans back home?"

"Well, I think there were a few here today, actually, and we did see them and hear them. So we're really grateful for that, yeah. I hope others keep tuning in and maybe even come for a match. A lot of people play this game when they're kids, but no one thinks it means anything, that having those abilities can be a source of pride. None of us did until recently. So hopefully we can change that, hopefully we can bring some hope for the fans."

"Ryan, thank you very much for your time."

Mr. Peters,

Congratulations on your team's performance against Osarius at the Atlantian Oceania championships today! Although the outcome of the match was not the desired one, the players fought hard and showed that our team belongs on the same pitch as the finest athletes in the world. The national team has shown Verceola and the world the positive qualities our citizens have to offer.

The decision from our government to field a team for this tournament was controversial. Many citizens have expressed to their legislative representatives that a Verceolan entry would be a detriment to the cultural and societal well-being of the nation. However, it has become clear that such concerns are so far unfounded. It was a joy to see the scenes of joy and support at bars, restaurants, and community centers, as viewers peacefully and positively cheered on their national squad. Your service to our nation is not going unappreciated!

With that in mind, please stay in contact with our Office and the Department of Culture if there is any assistance we provide for this tournament and future development. Our team could hardly have been placed in a tougher group, and I am sure that will continue - although I personally am convinced we are right there in the mix, considering we were only about six inches away from making it 2-2! Our government would be interested in providing funding and support for the national football program, so the team can go "Forward And Upward" and find themselves in the winner's circle at the world stage.

Best of luck in the remainder of the tournament!

Sincerely,

Olke Krumm
Esteemed Leader, Federation of Verceola

Joseph Peters felt the weight leave his shoulders as he read this email. He knew how a lot of people felt about Verceola's participation in the tournament. He'd even gotten a call yesterday from the Department of Culture that they were considering cutting enough funding and requiring Peters to send home six of his 23 players. He didn't tell his team about this, but it was on his mind as the Firebirds continued to outplay the Bulls, and he was sure it would only get worse after that emphatic loss.

The email seemed to bring back his razor-sharp focus. He was proud of his team, but physically and tactically, they needed to be better against Starblaydia. He had watched the match alone in his hotel room, taking notes, and he saw a lot of vulnerabilities in the Stars. They had only lost 2-0, but the scoreline really seemed closer than the match. Verceola still needed a default tactical strategy - they could not keep responding to what the opposition was doing - and Peters was going to keep tinkering until he found something that worked. At this point, his team was anyway an unknown entity.

Peters looked at what he had written on his sheet. Thompson had looked good and made several key saves - no reason to change that. Peters wanted to try Matt Reich at right back - he needed a little bit more speed than what Craig Xanthis could offer. It would be four midfielders, not three. Ventura would slide into the middle, and Joris Tuva would play right center - Karl Medin had looked shaky, and Tuva could offer more pace even though Medin was better on defense. Roberts would stay on the right, and the young Gunnar Sash would get his chance on the left. Up top, Peters would sit Kubrick and try Walters and Declan Mullins on top. Patrick Wennberg and Dan Huntington would need to be ready to provide some additional offense.

Was that the squad that could get the nation's first goal, or its maiden victory? Maybe, maybe not. But, Peters thought and smiled, how wonderful it was to have the opportunity to try.
IC disputed territory and OOC puppet of Delaclava, all messages will be answered more quickly if directed there.

Farfadillis
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2012
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Farfadillis » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:30 pm

The Freisan Farf Freitball Francitian hereby presents the Farf roster for the 52nd Edition of the AOCAF Cup
Nation Name: The Oulandish Lands of Farfadillis
Demonym: Farf (plural Farves)
Team Nickname: La Vherderoja
Honours: AOCAF Cup 43 and 48 Winners

Kits
Provided by Mons
ImageImage

STYLE MOD: +5

World Cup Roster, with in-depth information about most of the players.

STAFF
Manager: Tíbürçìó Çötàvíê - Age 50
Assistant: Ichi Tuzzio - Age 42

GOALKEEPERS
#1 - Calogero Metz - GK - Age 29 - Cassandra City
#12 - Lafayette Tifoxé - GK - Age 24 - Jungle Strike
#23 - Rôhj Tzâín - GK - Age 36 - Mâ Âlâmëómë

DEFENDERS
#2 - Thjorgias Pickton - CB - Age 29 - La Nueva Avenida
#4 - Drê Röènôùjýâ - LB - Age 30 - Brinemouth
#3 - Trejo Maes - RB - Age 26 - Avenida Leal

#16 - Jallerrhé Ljungman - RB - Age 26 - Firewood City
#14 - Jülí Mâsârí - LB - Age 25 - Avenida Victoria
#15 - Süns Söh - CB - Age 22 - Mâ Âlâmëómë

MIDFIELDERS
#5 - Ruy Monrazón - CM - Age 27 - Avenida Leal [C]
#8 - Ror Jevdjevic-Hadsic - OM - Age 26 - Crisisbless

#9 - Mâás Fôx - RM - Age 36 - Directus
#10 - Fôrté Wínrôuge - OM - Age 26 - Mâ Âlâmëómë
#11 - Rübéãn Tôr - LM - Age 31 - Dí Maozöxê

#17 - Jê Çìró - LM - Age 24 - Neuville Scythers
#18 - Lázár Eleonóra - RM - Age 21 - Holdenberg
#19 - Joan Nonhagatte - CM - Age 20 - Dí Maozöxê
#20 - Caémiró Ó an Cháintighe - OM - Age 20 - La Nueva Avenida
#21 - Scheherazade Meier - RM - Age 26 - Sabrefell Moths

STIKERS
#6 - Elexhé Nofzaleiné - ST - Age 29 - Colonial Sile
#7 - Täjó Çíânflöné - ST- Age 25 - Raynor City United

#13 - Stiin Siorrha'Asione - ST - Age 21 - Violence Chariots
#22 - Tjêtê Dü Síbírí - ST - Age 20 - Dí Maozöxê

Last edited by Farfadillis on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Outlandish Lands of Farfadillis Ӿ Population: 20,814,000 ± 11,186,000
Capital: not applicable Ӿ Demonym: Farf, plural Farves
Shango-Fogoa Premier League (wiki) Ӿ Farfadillis national football team Ӿ Map of Farfadillis Ӿ Name Generator

Champions: World Cup 84 and AOCAF Cups 43, 48 and 57
Hosts: World Cups 85 and 91, Baptisms of Fire 54, 68 and 78 and AOCAF Cups 38, 60 and 67

95X
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

95X AOCAF 52 MD 1 RP

Postby 95X » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:18 pm

95X National Team starter and former Spatula City Utensils midfielder Stacey Sunset discusses her move abroad.

"Like just about everyone else I saw it unfold on live TV, and right after returning from the match where twelve of us froze our asses playing Matthewsiania in that stadium in Northern Quebec. We tried not to think of it as a losing battle going in, and we somehow played ninety minutes of competitive sports despite worrying about freezing to death.

"As you know," she continues to the interviewer, "Hannah (Alcouin) was a teammate and very good friend of mine at Spatula City. So when I see people chanting 'They take OUR jobs! They take OUR money! They live in OUR housing! 95X is for 95Xers!'"

Sunset pauses, looks down in deep distress, and sighs.

"They. They don't know what they're talking about. This country was known for Xi Foureleven alone until she came along. The rest of us started having actual fans and supporters."

The interviewer asks her if she stopped and sighed over what else happened. Sunset briefly changed from a twentysomething happy-go-lucky soccer player to a very angry woman.

"They don't KNOW Hannah! They don't KNOW Chi-Chan! They don't know the rest of the foreign players that have now left our country! They don't KNOW how much this hurts for the rest of us! I shut the TV off, and insisted on a transfer the very next day!"

"And would you ever think of returning to play for a 95X club again?" The interviewer pried.

"Ask me again after I've had a long career in the I-League."
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:42 pm

By: Jordan Lawless, Chief Correspondent, Previous Sports Corresponsdent, Chromatik City Courier

On the Previous Match...

Lisa Amos decided to go with a rather odd Starting XI for the game against the Group's Third Seed, starting mostly subs with two notable exceptions: Kéìrâ Andìsorì at striker/captain and Nikolai Thorben making his return as a national team keeper after that broken leg in the last World Cup Qualifying Cycle. The result was a lineup that looked like this:

Thorben; Ilya - Sorendai - Colbert - Damjana; Montague - Sybill - Lucas; Niro - Dragana; Andìsorì.

The game reminded most of the Chromatika of old, before the team went a bit goal-crazy in the last cycle: solid defense, great possession, lightning-fast, killer counterattacks. Tallaga la Falla showed flashes of brilliance - notably from Her Highness Jana Atalia IV, Crown Princess of the nation, but Thorben parried all five shots on goal with ease. The back four played wonderfully, Sybill showed the class that had been developed so well during her time at Real Azuris, and the game was a bit more in the Chromatik favor than the final score suggests.

That being said, give TLF some credit - their defense held their own against the Chromatik attack time and time again when the counterattacks did come. It wasn't until the eighty-first, with all three substitutions being made - Rien for Niro, Morningstar for Ilya, and Kelly for Sybill - that the Chromatik team successfully converted on a goal. It all began when Kelly stole the ball from Corominas around midfield, and found a sweet spot between Estiarte and Muriscot for Jazmin. The Bishop forward took the touch, wheeled around, and cannoned a shot at the goal using her left foot. Burdon, the captain, managed to get a fist on the ball and punch it out, but the ball rebounded straight to a streaking Rien who headed it in. Was it providence, luck, or fate? Who cares? That ended up being the deciding score of the match.

On the Next Match...

Valanora, the highest-seeded team in the group, also had a 1-0 victory, over the Southwestern Sunrise Islands. This speaks to two things - that SSI might not be a team to sleep on, and that the Vanorians will be fuming at the bit and looking to make a statement against the Chromatiks. Against a timeless, (literally) ageless team like the Vanors, Amos is likely to start the full contingent of usual starters, with the toss-up being Jillian Nier vs. Nikolai Thorben at keeper. This will be a question that the Chromatiks will have to answer sometime soon, and it will be interesting to see the first step of what is likely to be a thorough decision-making process regarding the starting keeper of the national team.

Another question, of a more lighthearted nature: Will Kéìrâ ask Laborious Hawk for an autograph? She's a huge fan of the Vanorian superstar legend; it will be interesting to see how she handles being on the same pitch as one of the world's best.
On the New, Revamped League!

The CFF (Chromatik Football Federation) announced recently that the League Chromatiks will be returning starting next year. The League is to be renamed to The Chromatik League and be sponsored jointly by Death Templars Law Firm in the first tier and Black Raven Technologies in the second tier. The two sponsors are the same as before, as they've restated their commitment to support a Chromatik domestic league. The Cup Chromatiks, now to be renamed the BlackFlower Cup after BlackFlower Banking Corporation, will be reinstated as well.

As you readers might be aware, all foreigners were kicked out of Chromatika during the Rainbow Revolution. There is much discussion about the role foreign players should have upon the league, and due to the nature of those talks, there will be no foreign players during the inaugural season of The Chromatik League, or the sixth official season of domestic Chromatik football. Instead, there will now be a lot of players who didn't have a chance earlier due to their birth colors in the old Chromatik scale. There should be an influx of those who used to not be allowed to play football, especially in the lower league.

For all divisions of Chromatik domestic football, the tiebreakers will be as follows: Points, followed by Goal Differential, followed by Goals For, followed by Head to head Goal Differential, followed by Head to head Goals For, followed by Head to Head Points, followed by drawing of lots.

The first division, named the Premier Division, will consist of the twelve teams that finished in the League Chromatiks 1 last season - promotion/relegation playoff included. This means that the teams in the Premier Division for the first season of Chromatik League will be:
Pùr Riders
Urrheddiao United
Myana Islanders
Anomalies
Chromatik Capitalizt
Felswyr Frost
Z'ai'ai Mountaineers
Deprí Sanar Yellow Jackets
Alnio Union
Deprí Lanar Red Hawks
Crossroads Crusaders
Tihon Tide
The teams will play a modified quadruple round-robin system, as follows: A home-and-away series with every other team in the Premier Division, for a total of twenty-two games; followed by a split of the league into two sections, a Premier Division 1 and a Premier Division 2. Then, after a hard reset of standings, there will be a home-and-away series within each subdivision. The top placing team of Premier Division 1 will win the League, the Champions' Cup spot, and a spot in the Atlantian Oceanian Champions' League, with the next two or three getting Globe Cup berths. The bottom two teams of Premier Division 2 will be relegated to the Second Division. Each team will have a roster of twenty-three players.

The second division, named the Second Division, will consist of eight teams. Four teams that were in the League Chromatiks 2 last season - namely Shantarr, Tor, Gurshan, and Brisara - have decided to move down to the Developmental League of Chromatika, which will be discussed in detail later. This means that the Second Division will consist of:
Eyrods Jungle Cats
Wirr Tsi Shock
Umbar Monkeys
Anfanhar Dragons
Lorentine Lions
Pria Pride
Lhor Orcas
Rhoni Giants
The teams will play a quadruple round-robin system. The top team will be promoted and qualify for the Series B Champions' Cup, while the second placed team will likely be promoted and qualify for the SBCC. The third placed team will likely qualify for the SBCC. Each team will have a roster of twenty-three players.

There will also be a Chromatik Developmental League, comprised of ten teams, and sponsored by the Chromatik Football Federation. They will consist of six of the biggest cities of the Premier Division and the four sides that dropped out of the Second Division. The Development League will not participate in the BlackFlower Cup, but each team in the Premier Division will be able to call up up to three players from their team of the Developmental League each season. Each team in the Second Division will be able to call up up to six players from their team of the Developmental League each season. As there are twenty teams in total, and ten teams in the Developmental League, this means that there will be two "upper" teams per "lower" team. The teams of the Developmental League, along with their upper teams, are as follows:
Shantarr - Pùr(1), Pria(2)
Tor - Felswyr(1), Eyrods(2)
Gurshan - Alnio(1), Lhor(2)
Brisara - Tihon(1), Anfanhar (2)
Chromatik City - Anomalies(1), Chromatik(1)
Myana City - Myana(1), Crossroads(1)
Urrheddiao City - Urrheddiao(1), Wirr Tsi(2)
Z'ai'ai City - Z'ai'ai(1), Umbar(2)
Deprí Lanar City - Deprí Lanar(1), Lorentine(2)
Deprí Sanar City - Deprí Sanar(1), Rhoni(2)
The teams will play a quadruple round-robin schedule, and have fluid rosters. There will be a Cup for the Champion, but the League is really designed to grow talent for the Domestic System. Look for a lot of new faces and potentials in the years to come come out of this league.

The BlackFlower Cup will consist of a Play-In Round, Round of Sixteen, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Final. Matches will all be playoff-style except for the Quarterfinals and Semifinals, which will consist of two legs. After each round, the next round will be randomized. The Play-In Round will consist of the eight teams in the Second Division, and will occur before the start of the season.

The Round of Sixteen will occur at the Quarter-mark of the season (After Matchday 8 for the Premier Division, after Matchday 7 for the Second Division). The First Leg of the Quarterfinals will occur after Matchday 12 of the Premier Division, after Matchday 11 of the Second Division. The Second Leg of the Quarterfinals will occur after Matchday 16 of the Premier Division, after Matchday 14 of the Second Division. The First Leg of the Semifinals will occur after Matchday 20 of the Premier Division, after Matchday 18 of the Second Division. The Second Leg of the Semifinals will occur after Matchday 24 of the Premier Division, after Matchday 21 of the Second Division. Both the Quarterfinals and the Semifinals will have the first leg be played at the lower-finishing team based on the previous season, and the second leg be played at the higher-finishing team based on the previous season. The Final, held at the National Stadium at the Capitalizt Dome, will be held after the season finishes. If a Premier Division Team wins the BlackFlower Cup, they will gain a Globe Cup berth, unless they already had a Champions' Cup or Globe Cup berth. In that case, the third placed team in the Premier Division 1 will earn the last Globe Cup berth. If a Second Division Team wins the BlackFlower Cup, they will gain promotion to the Premier Division, along with a Series B Champions' Cup berth. If they already secured a SBCC spot, then the third placed team of the Second Division will get the SBCC berth. If they are already being promoted, then the second placed team of the Second Division will be promoted. Of course, the Cup winner gains entry to the Cygnus Cup as well.
Mascot Corner

That was a brief overview of the upcoming Chromatik football system. Now, to some mascot name suggestions and questions!

From a John in 1st Precinct, Felswyr: "Why is it that Anomalies doesn't fit the team anymore? I thought it made us truly unique. Why is the CFF considering changing mascots?

Well, John, for one, the Chromatik Team had a nickname, but never a mascot. Now that we are a more open nation, we'd actually like to have a mascot. How would you like to portray an anomaly? It's not as easy as a Vanquisher, a Patriot, a Cormorant, a Dragon, a Bull, or even Fire, to name a few mascots from around the world. Also, the nickname Anomaly used to have significance in the fact that it was strange, an anomaly, for peoples of different color levels to be employed in the same profession. Now, the nickname seems better fit for a museum or a history book, not on the football field. The CFF and the National Team are also trying to change their image from a defiant group of revolutionaries to a team that is proud of their country and where it's headed. That's why the CFF is prompting this change, and I for one am happy about it. We as Chromatiks should always be proud of the role the sport of football had in our revolution, but it may be time to move on, now.

There is a poll going on about what the next mascot/nickname of Chromatika should be. Feel free to comment your thoughts there.

Until next time, this is Jordan Lawless, The Rebel.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

95X
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

AOCAF LII/52 MD 2

Postby 95X » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:31 pm

MD 2 CUTOFF.

Tonight's cutoff music is one of those awkward 1990s songs "90s kids" don't usually talk about!
https://youtu.be/x71Y70zgCD4
Group X
Verceola 1–2 Starblaydia @ Taylor Street Stadium, 10 AM
Osarius 2–1 95X @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 8 PM

1 Osarius 2 2 0 0 5 1 +4 6
2 95X 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Starblaydia 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Verceola 2 0 0 2 1 5 −4 0

Group Y
Qasden 0–1 Tropicorp @ Oceanside Stadium, 11 AM
Cosumar 0–0 Semarland @ Cascade Dome, 6 PM

1 Cosumar 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
Semarland 2 1 1 0 1 0 +1 4
3 Tropicorp 2 1 0 1 1 1 0 3
4 Qasden 2 0 0 2 0 2 −2 0

Group Z
Southwestern Sunrise Islands 1–3 Tallaga la Falla @ Cascade Dome, 10 AM
Valanora 2–0 Chromatika @ Taylor Street Stadium, 6 PM

1 Valanora 2 2 0 0 3 0 +3 6
2 Chromatika 2 1 0 1 1 2 −1 3
3 Tallaga la Falla 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
4 Southwestern Sunrise Islands 2 0 0 2 1 4 −3 0

Group A
The Redvale 0–3 Oontaz @ Equestrian Grounds, 6 PM
Audioslavia 1–0 Quebec @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 8 PM

1 Audioslavia 2 2 0 0 8 0 +8 6
2 Quebec 2 1 0 1 2 1 +1 3
3 Oontaz 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
4 The Redvale 2 0 0 2 0 10 −10 0

Group B
Blouman Empire 1–2 Anthor @ Equestrian Grounds, 12 PM
Vilita & Turori 4–0 Farfadillis @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 10 AM

1 Vilita & Turori 2 2 0 0 5 0 +5 6
2 Anthor 2 2 0 0 5 2 +3 6
3 Blouman Empire 2 0 0 2 1 3 −2 0
4 Farfadillis 2 0 0 2 1 7 −6 0

Group C
Korizland 0–1 Eshan @ Oceanside Stadium, 6 PM
Krytenia 1–0 Western Sunrise Islands @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 10 AM

1 Krytenia 2 1 1 0 2 1 +1 4
2 Western Sunrise Islands 2 1 0 1 3 2 +1 3
3 Eshan 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
4 Korizland 2 0 1 1 1 2 −1 1
Reminder
MD 3 cutoff is Monday, December 26th (December 27th UTC), after Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. And if you don't celebrate it, please understand we're wishing you a good day and weekend anyhow!

MD 3 RP Bonus! Submit an RP of 250 words or less!
Last edited by 95X on Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.

Osarius
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:20 am

((OOC: Had intended to try the 250 word limit, but apparently I'm bad at this, lol))

Osarius   2-1   95X
Alejandro 28' Columbine 44'
Montanari 77'

Man-of-the-Match: Adrian Alejandro (OSR)

OSR: Shelly-Ann; Kavanagh, Muscolino, Cole; Pearce, Estevez (Serra 68),
Alejandro, Allen (Grana 68); Bartley (Montanari 45), Doherty, Watson

Anticipating a different kind of battle against the host nation, Ayanna Barca-Carthy flexed her tactical muscles, and showcased the versatility of her squad, naming an unorthodox 3-4-3 starting eleven. "We know they have two mobile forwards, and against a flat back four, this would put us at a disadvantage in the defensive phase," she explained. "Also, this way we can shuffle across the zones to cover one flank at a time, with Jorge doubling up with the winger on the other side."

Barca-Carthy's decision reflects a keen understanding of the team's strengths and weaknesses, and something of a ruthless streak. When Kyron Bartley's repeated lapses in the defensive phases eventually led to an equaliser just before half-time, she was visibly annoyed in the dugout. The former Barciddia winger did not re-emerge with the rest of the team at the start of the second half, instead re-appearing on the bench a little later. "I didn't have my best game today," Bartley conceded. "The manager was right to take me off. We spoke about it at half-time and she explained everything, it was partly the different system, but that's something I have to learn. It's that simple."

In the end, it was Greeningham's twenty-three year old midfielder Adrian Alejandro who impressed the most. The dynamic midfielder, finally given something of a free role -- considering Estevez was on cover duty -- ran rampant behind Lloyd Allen in the first half, scoring the Firebirds' opener from the edge of the box around half an hour into the game. "It rolled perfectly into my path, I just had to hit it." He said, with more than a hint of embarassment at the attention post-match. "I enjoyed myself today, it was a tough game but I think I did okay, their number seventy-five was a tough opponent." He's not kidding. Alejandro and Seventyfifth (the aforementioned number seventy-five, for those not paying attention) played out a fascinating duel in the middle of the park, but the youngster got the better of his experienced opponent in the end, scoring once and laying on the eventual winner for Raimondo Montanari.

"Adrian has a bright future if he can keep up that level of performance," added assistant manager Autumn Phelps. "He's a bit of a late bloomer in some ways, but that's how football works. As long as he fulfils his potential, does it matter when he does it? Roque Acosta wasn't bossing games in his teens either. Nor was Toby Drummond, or Benedict Watson for that matter."
Monarch: Alexander III | First Minister: Mathieu Lupin | Population: ~125 million | Capital: Burningham, Mount Crown

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:25 am

Techies Take Down Qasden, Again

Oceanside Stadium, 95X :: After a 1-0 opening matchday defeat to Semarland at the Cascadia Bank Stadium, the Tropicorp Techies rebounded in the morning match at the Oceanside Stadium.

It was a match that the techies knew they could win, having set off their memorable performance in AOCAF 51 with a victory over these same Qasden Meow-men. It was much the same this time around, although the scenery was different in the lands of the 95X, the result was very much the same as the now much-more experienced band of scientists, engineers and other researchers from various Tropicorp research centers around Atlantian Oceania willed together 1-0 victory that propels them right back into the conversation in Group Y.

It will still be an uphill battle for the Techies, however, with a Matchday 3 date with the Dragons of Cosumar, the groups top ranked team and a most formidable opposition standing between Tropicorp and the knockout rounds.

While taking points from Cosumar on Matchday 3 may seem like a tall challenge for the Techies, if they can resurrect some of their AOCAF 51 form it may seem much more attainable. These very same Techies advanced themselves to the knockout rounds of AOCAF 51 after a victory over former AOCAF champion Farfadillis - a team who at the time were ranked ahead of the now-6th ranked Dragons.

- Tropicorp -

Verceola
Secretary

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Verceola » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Declan Mullins watched his defense work, hope draining. Down 2-0 with 91 minutes gone, the Bulls were headed for a second defeat and an early flight home. He thought of the kids at the rec center who had been so excited to see him play; surely they'd been hoping for better than this. And the whole team had been playing their hardest, but would it be enough for their friends and family?

In the midst of his reverie, Joris Tuva stepped forward and broke up a soft Starblaydi pass. Mullins turned quickly: the counterattack was on. Tuva switched the field to Gunnar Sash on the left, and Mullins kept running towards far post...but Sash didn't go to the corner: he sent it back into the midfield, and Mullins anticipated the touch pass from Ryan Walters. With defenders preparing to contain, Mullins didn't think twice as he took a frustrated shot from thirty yards.

Mullins had meant for a straight, right-footed drive. But it must have hit the outside of the foot, for the ball hooked wickedly to the left of the keeper, who could only seem to stand frozen as the ball swished into the back of the net.

Mullins stood there, stunned at what he had just done, as cheers rang out from a few corners of the stadium and his teammates ran from all around to greet him. Maybe this wasn't a winning team yet, but the ice had finally been broken.
IC disputed territory and OOC puppet of Delaclava, all messages will be answered more quickly if directed there.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:59 am

Riding the 95X :: After winning their opening match against the Blouman Empire, the Eel-Cat things proved they had arrived in good form. However, when they stepped into the Lucky Business Person stadium on Matchday 2, no one could have predicted what would follow.

While a matchup against famous rivals Farfadillis is always high on the interest gauge, they typically occur in the later stages of a competition - not the early group stage. The top-ranked Eel-Cat Things throttled their less-than-worthy neon-striped rivals - instantly a classic in the history of the great rivalry between the two sides, perhaps marking a change in the tides and a fall from grace for the lesser inhabitants of the mostly-deserted Southwestern Atlantian Oceania Seaboard. The Eel-Cat Things square off against Anthor on MD3 with bragging rights on the line as both sides have won their opening two matches.

---

Elswhere, the Chromatik Football Federation recently announced the return of the League Chromatiks - and the neutral observer will note that many of the new Chromatik sides have taken their influences from elsewhere in Atlantian Oceania. For Vilita & Turori faithful, there will be many 'surrogate' squads to root for including the teams Myana Islanders, Tihon Tide and, of course, the Eyrods Jungle Cats. Others in the region might find themselves pulling for the Anfanhar Dragons or, naturally, the Chromatik Capitalizt itself. It is not currently known whether there is or will be any Vilita/Turori influence, staff or players in the League Chromatik.

Western Sunrise Islands
Secretary

Founded: Apr 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Sunrise Islands » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Storm.
It seemed like the sky was falling down with the strength of hundreds of hammers.
Inside, a small, young girl kept playing around with a toy pirate boat.
Her skin color was fair, her eyes of an auburn tone and her dark hair with two pigtails.
She had a sweet smile on her face.
Her brother and her sister were on another room, leaving the young girl on her own.
She couldn't help but dream.
Dream that she was a pirate.
She could hear cries of a baby.
The girl looked behind her.
A woman, with a spent look on her face, held a baby on her arms.
She seemed to have finally managed to get him to sleep.
The girl walked up to her mother, happy.
"Hi, mama!"
"Hi, little Westie..."
"W-w-where's papa?"
"He just arrived from work... he's taking a nap, work is tiring."
"A-ah! And who's that?"
"This... This is your new little brother."
"Yay! More people to play with!"
"Now, now. He's just a little baby, Westie. You'll have to wait for him to grow older."
"I understand, mama!"
"Wanna know what's his name?"
"Y-yeah!"
"His name is-"

Western Sunrise woke up.
She shook her head.
Memories of that fatidical event twenty years ago that turned everything into what it is.
Northern Sunrise, the First.
He was three years younger than the "other" three Sunrises, yet Madam DuBeaux hailed him as their future leader.
Yet they didn't mind their little brother.
He was bright, focused, talented, though a bit of a pacifist, something their mother, a fighter, frowned upon.
But time came.
Their father passed away due to illness.
Their mother tried to keep the peaces together, but things slowly pushed them up.
She tried adoption but the four originals slowly grew some animosity.
Northern Sunrise ended up being the only one honest enough to say it on her face.
Retaliation.
Retaliation that made the three quickly obey.
Maybe this is what made DuBeaux treat her younger son more and more poorly as time went on.
At last, he managed to flee.
Fleeing made the three realize their situation.
They realized she lost her grip over them.

The three had carefully planned their way out of the Castle.
They would take the money they carefully saved from their errands at the village and would try to get a place to stay.
As the night fell, a cart ferociously fell down the roads, fleeing from the Arceusian Castle.
On the cart's trail was an angry Madam DuBeaux, wielding her old knight armor as she rode her favorite stallion after the running kids.
Eventually, her prized horse managed to help her get closer and closer...
Until a hill appeared.
The three fell in the water.
All she could remember after that was waking up at a pirate ship.
The boat, named the Amazon, was heralded by Captain Jeanne of the Dark Sea.
After spending five years as her apprentice, Western Sunrise was able to take a ship her teacher dominated for herself, the Frigideira.
She eventually found her brother and her sister, though they never really did manage to get on the same page as their younger brother, who now went under the name Sunrise.
She sighed, taking a peek around the ship as she found most of her crew sleeping, even if it was already 8 in the morning.
She sighed again.

"WAKE UP AND GET BACK TO WORKING ON THE SHIP! I WANT THIS TERMITE INFESTED BOAT TO BE A BEAST OF THE SEAS!"
Os gringos cobram quinhentos, a gente cobra um milhão. / Gravamos um disco ante ontem,
hoje já esgotou, ganhamos um disco de ouro, um de platina e um disco voador.

Project +90 | Sunrise's Sportwires (shared with Dainer)
A Puppet of Northern Sunrise Islands.

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby -Anthor- » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:24 pm

A Special ASBN Post-Match Analysis

Blouman Empire 1–2 Anthor
'34 Rigsby [ATH]
'45 West [BLO]
'73 Black [ATH]

Player of the Match: Nicholas Stark, 9.1 FT Rating, 2 Assists, 5 interceptions

Thanks for joining us laddies and gentlemen, Sebastien Waters and Darin Larson here to bring you some professional, accurate sports coverage of our favorite national side, the Waaaariors, as they travel to their third AOCAF this year, and so far, they've been making some much-needed improvement and progress over previous trips.

The Warriors first engagement of the tournament came against Farfadillis, whose proven to be an easy opponent in past encounters with them and indeed, they proved no less of an easy conquest, as Rigsby led his team to a sounding 3-1 victory, himself netting one of those, and it led them on to their second match up, here tonight which was played in the Equestrian Stadium against the Blouman Empire, which is the first time meeting them on the international scope, and boy, where we rewarded with quite the thrill. Early on, Warriors looked like they were trying to overwhelm early with a fast-break tempo that was accented with crosses trying to widen the pitch and push the ball forward, and it worked, Jason getting a nice goal in off a lob pass from Stark.
However, at half time, they appeared to struggle, letting in a easy goal from Blouman’s West, and for a minute things looked slightly perilous, however I would easily credit Nick Stark for turning this short one around; he pulled his magic again, with a cross from the left corner to Black who was waiting just inside the penalty box, and thus an Anthoran win.
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:59 pm

Strong defense keeping Cosumar alive despite struggles
With decisive Tropicorp match tomorrow, front six must step up

Cosumar’s front six are not on the same page.

Since reuniting from the post-WC76 break, they’ve not scored in three matches. Strikers Lilley and Worsaw are dancing to different tunes, even exchanging heated words a few times. Passes from Kvanderwyk and company in search of them are consistently going a step astray.

The slump began with a stinker of a warm-up friendly, outplayed by #69 Qasden on home soil. Despite a roaring atmosphere in Cassandra, only one shot-on-goal was mustered in a surprising 1-0 loss.

The attacking combinations hardly improved as Cosumar and Qasden rematched to open the AOCAF. Though the Vanquishers won 1-0 this time, we only upped shots-on-goal to a whopping two. Bacary Na’Kale’s 11th minute tally was one of them. The left-back was tired of watching futility in front of him, surging forward and basically taking the ball off Lilley before sweeping it to the bottom-right corner. But not even the (undeserved) win could invigorate the stagnant Cosumarite attack. They couldn’t unlock a staunch Semar defense on MD2 - 90 goalless minutes devoid of ideas.

Yet Cosumar lead Group Y despite these struggles thanks to the back five’s titanic performances. Svensson, a Boldsport Team-of-Cycle selection, made several heroic stops, and Winterfyll has 17 saves. Heck, our lone goal was Na’Kale’s.

This could be the best Cosumarite defense ever. That alone might scrape us past the enigmatic Techies into the knockouts tomorrow. To make our first Semifinals, however, the Vanquishers must rediscover their connection going forward.

(OOC: MAIN BODY TEXT = 248 WORDS)

Brett Rosen
Cosumarite Courier Soccer Columnist

Cosumar 0-1 Qasden
Pre-AOCAF Friendly | @The Amphitheatre, Cassandra
Bostun 23'

---

Cosumar 1-0 Qasden
Matchday 1 | @Cascade Dome, 95X
Na'Kale 11'

Cosumar 0-0 Semarland
Matchday 2 | @Cascade Dome, 95X
No Scorers

Tropicorp 1-0 Cosumar
Matchday 3 | @Cascade Dome, 95X
No Scorers

Audioslavia 0-0 (1-0 AET) Cosumar
Matchday 3 | @The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 95X
No Scorers

Goal-Scorers Tally
Bacary Na'Kale (1)

Assists Tally
Tevin Lilley (1)

Substitute Appearances Tally
Ezekiel Tarkanian (3 - Friendly 81', MD3 63', Ro16 79')
Lucius Kaspian (2 - Friendly 60', MD1 60')
Xavier Wingfield (2 - Friendly 59', MD2 46')
Anders Engström (2 - MD3 64', Ro16 61')
Sheldon Serra (2 - MD2 87', Ro16 105')
Li H'sen Lang (1 - Friendly 46')
Olaf Womack (1 - MD1 71')
Taddeo Loredan (1 - MD1 85')
Alora Heher (1 - MD2 72')
Stig Söderquist (1 - MD3 46')
Last edited by Cosumar on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Chromatika
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:57 pm

For all the noise and excitement that the Chromatiks are making in the international stage, compared to the pedigree and the prestige that is Atlantian Oceania, they have a long way to go. This was made more apparent than most during the drubbing that was handed to them by one of the greatest footballing nations of all time - Valanora.

Laborious Hawk did most of the work, scoring one goal and assisting another, but the game could be summed up in two words: experience and passion. When playing Valanora, you can't help but remember that the players on that squad have been playing football, and with each other at that, for hundreds of years. We call a ten-year career a good career; for the Vanorians, ten years might be considered just a beginning. The nuances of the game and the tells are so apparent to them at that stage that it makes it almost impossible to get anything past them. You simply have to out-fundamental that team, and throw just enough shenanigans to throw them on a loop. Good luck with that.

Don't get me wrong, though, since football is a game that is constantly evolving mostly due to the fact that the players that are playing it are constantly changing themselves, the Vanorians have had to maintain their level of passion. And they have, as well - their game might seem like the same thing all the time, but deep down inside their actions you can see a masterpiece of art.

WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89

95X
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

AOCAF LII/52 MD 3

Postby 95X » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:37 pm

MD 3 CUTOFF.

Let's find out who continues and who leaves the oddly capitalist nation of public transit!

I had the latter picked out ahead of time, when the former got stuck in my head last week. I oddly think the two go well together.
https://youtu.be/4D0qkTuXjZ8
https://youtu.be/cqZc7ZQURMs
Group X
95X 2–0 Verceola @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 8 PM
Starblaydia 1–1 Osarius @ Cascade Dome, 6 PM

1 Osarius 3 2 1 0 6 2 +4 7
2 95X 3 2 0 1 5 2 +3 6
3 Starblaydia 3 1 1 1 3 4 −1 4
4 Verceola 3 0 0 3 1 7 −6 0

Group Y
Semarland 1–2 Qasden @ Taylor Street Stadium, 10 AM
Tropicorp 1–0 Cosumar @ Taylor Street Stadium, 6 PM

1 Tropicorp 3 2 0 1 2 1 +1 6
2 Semarland 3 1 1 1 2 2 0 4
3 Cosumar 3 1 1 1 1 1 0 4
4 Qasden 3 1 0 2 2 3 −1 3

Group Z
Chromatika 3–1 Southwestern Sunrise Islands @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 10 AM
Tallaga la Falla 0–2 Valanora @ Cascade Dome, 12 PM

1 Valanora 3 3 0 0 5 0 +5 9
2 Chromatika 3 2 0 1 4 3 +1 6
3 Tallaga la Falla 3 1 0 2 3 4 −1 3
4 Southwestern Sunrise Islands 3 0 0 3 2 7 −5 0

Group A
Quebec 3–0 The Redvale @ Equestrian Grounds, 12:30 PM (Game time pushed back 2½ hours as stadium conditions were unacceptable following previous days' event.)
Oontaz 0–0 Audioslavia @ Equestrian Grounds, 8 PM (Game time pushed back 2 hours due to previous pushback.)

1 Audioslavia 3 2 1 0 8 0 +8 7
2 Quebec 3 2 0 1 5 1 +4 6
3 Oontaz 3 1 1 1 3 2 +1 4
4 The Redvale 3 0 0 3 0 13 −13 0

Group B
Farfadillis 3–3 Blouman Empire @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 12 PM
Anthor 0–1 Vilita & Turori @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 8 PM

1 Vilita & Turori 3 3 0 0 6 0 +6 9
2 Anthor 3 2 0 1 5 3 +2 6
3 Blouman Empire 3 0 1 2 4 6 −2 1
4 Farfadillis 3 0 1 2 4 10 −6 1

Group C
(Due to a scheduling error, Group C games took place in Pacific City one in-character day after other groups were played.)
Western Sunrise Islands 1–0 Korizland @ Equestrian Grounds, 10 AM
Eshan 1–1 Krytenia @ Equestrian Grounds, 6 PM

1 Western Sunrise Islands 3 2 0 1 4 2 +2 6
2 Krytenia 3 1 2 0 3 2 +1 5
3 Eshan 3 1 1 1 3 4 −1 4
4 Korizland 3 0 1 2 1 3 −2 1

Round of 16
Seeding for the Round of 16 took place as follows.
a) Six group leaders seeded by points and tiebreakers.
1) Valanora (Z)
2) Vilita & Turori (B)
3) Audioslavia (A)
4) Osarius (X)
5) Western Sunrise Islands (C)
6) Tropicorp (Y)
b) Six group 2nd-place-finishers seeded by points and tiebreakers.
7) 95X (X)
8) Anthor (B)
9) Chromatika (Z)
10) Quebec (A)
11) Krytenia (C)
12) Semarland (Y)
c) Four group 3rd-place-finishers seeded by points and tiebreakers.
13) Oontaz (A)
14) Cosumar (Y)
15) Starblaydia (X)
16) Eshan (C)
Fixtures
#1 Valanora vs. #16 Eshan @ Cascade Dome, 8 PM
#2 Vilita & Turori vs. #15 Starblaydia @ Cascade Dome, 12 PM
#3 Audioslavia vs. #14 Cosumar @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 2 PM
#4 Osarius vs. #13 Oontaz @ Equestrian Grounds, 10 AM
#5 Western Sunrise Islands vs. #12 Semarland @ Equestrian Grounds, 6 PM
#6 Tropicorp vs. #11 Krytenia @ Oceanside Stadium, 5 PM
#7 95X vs. #10 Quebec @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 6 PM
#8 Anthor vs. #9 Chromatika @ Oceanside Stadium, 11 AM
Last edited by 95X on Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.

Audioslavia
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Audioslavia » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:51 pm

Seven Up

Audioslavia cruised to a crushing victory in their opening game of AOCAF 52 in a seven-zero thrashing of The Redvale. It was the joint-second largest margin of victory in Audioslavian history, behind AOCAF 37's 9-0 annihalation of Gyatso-Kai and equal to a seven-nothing win over the improbably-named Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod back in World Cup 69.

The match is the newest entry in the FARH.

The Library of Audioslavian Footballing Humiliation (LAFH)

AOCAF37QF - Audioslavia 9-0 Kiryu-shi
WC62Q - Audioslavia 7-1 Wihsirmir Taoul di wer Qumadosfan
WC63Q - Audioslavia 8-2 Liventia
WC67Q - Audioslavia 7-4 Qazox
WC69Q - Audioslavia 7-0 Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk gorod
WC70Q - Audioslavia 9-3 Ceni
WC71Q - Audioslavia 7-1 Garifunya
AOCAF491R - Audioslavia 7-3 Western Sunrise Islands
AOCAF521R - Audioslavia 7-0 The Redvale

The Bulls put themselves into the second round of the AOCAF thanks to a further, more modest win against COCANEFA rivals R.K. Quebec, with Kryhata Calanndi - the latest in a long line of Vilitan-born Audioslavian internationals - gaining a goal in his debut for the national team. New manager Frantzko Intxausti, who has a 100% record so far, has yet to be drawn on whether Calanndi and Roddy Fraser will be forming an exciting strike-partnership for the national team. With the 4-5-1 formation being a staple of the national side, it seems unlikely at the moment.

Chromatika
Minister

Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:03 pm

By: Jordan Lawless, Chief Correspondent, Previous Sports Corresponsdent, Chromatik City Courier

On the Previous Match...

Nice bounceback win by the Chromatik squad, besides letting in a goal late. Amos decided to rest all the starters for this one, and Sybill/Montague made the most of the opportunity, combining for two goals and three assists, with the other goal coming via the right foot of Ki Niro. Jillian Nier had a decent game in goal - that late goal didn't help her cause - and the defense played well once more. It was more the type of football to be expected from Chromatika, and nice to see that they hadn't let the loss to Valanora get to their heads.

On the Next Match...

Anthor is a bit of an unknown heading into the Round of Sixteen. Provided that the Chromatiks haven't gotten past this round in the AOCAF, it is an important match. They've lost here to Cosumar two editions ago and to Tropicorp the last time around. Hopefully, third time is the charm in getting to the quarterfinals of this tournament. Anthor also went 2-1 in the Group Stage, losing to Vilita & Turori in the last matchday. They surprisingly took out Farfadillis, which wasn't to be expected. It means that this team isn't one to be slept on, and the Chromatiks should expect a stout battle. Expect Amos to start all of her usual starters for this one, and for the Chromatiks to start the A-team from now on out.

The Chromatiks will be favored, but we will see if that favoring is warranted.

We here at The Rebel apologize for the lack of content on Andìsorì's move. She has been hiding from the press a bit, although we don't know why. We will try to get her for the next game, and if that doesn't work, we will try to get Meagan Kelly to talk about her life in Kionao and Turori, instead.

Reporting for The Rebel, it's Jordan Lawless.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:26 am

The coaches will select the squad from the National Player pool. Players are listed below, grouped by position and sorted by projection 'Depth Chart' position where the top player listed is most likely to be named the first player selected for that position, and so on. Depth chart positions are determined by performance in pre-cup training sessions, as well as performance and average ratings in the Vilitan League competition and previous appearances for the National Team.

HEAD COACH: Kristoffer Kilpter

GOALKEEPERS:
Nikki Tzimas [ - Jungle Strike FC - ]
GK ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Half-Audioslavian by blood, Nikki Tzimas came through the Venom Youth Academy an signed a professional contract with Jungle Strike FC at the age of 15. Tzimas spent V-League season 46 on loan to Kiiara-Torra.

Upsin Ajaara [ - Jungle Strike FC - ]
GK ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 1 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Originally trained at the Turoki Academy

Mitimi Obalialo [ - Makosile FC - ]
GK ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]

DEFENDERS:
Kwuimekii Hentetii [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
D RC ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 17 :: GOALS:1 ) :: [ N/R ]
Hentetii was promoted to the senior squad at the Alikki-Corra Academy to support their Season 44 Declasse campaign. Strong performances attracted interests from Eastal Lunar who snapped the player up for their Season 46 campaign.

Monner Vileai [ - Tropicorp FC - ]
D RC ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 21 :: GOALS:1 ) :: [ N/R ]
Vileai made their debut for the Vilita National Team at the Eagle's Cup V tournament.

Mikki Mayelli [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
D C ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]

Linkat Cjinder [ - Mliona-Lpaka - ]
D RC ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 13 :: GOALS:2 ) :: [ N/R ]
A product of the Turoki Isle academy system, Cjinder was snapped up by Turorian giants Mliona-Lpaka for a professional contract and made his debut during V-League Season 48

Yitizo Mpala'a [ - Lonngeylin Coast - ]
D C ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Trained at the Makosile Academy, Mpala'a spent one season at Eastal Lunar before joining newly promoted Lonngeylin Coast for V-League Season 49.

MIDFIELDERS:
Tripate Falcon [ - Mliona-Lpaka AFC - ]
M C ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 46 :: GOALS::SR: 13 ) :: [ N/R ]
Vilita & Turori Dual National. Member of the Cednia Beach AFC squad that won the Vilitan Cup during Season 43, and subsequently went on to win the 50th UICA Globe Cup, the first ever UICA Top-Level Champions from Turori.

Teliima Loinara [ - Corra Rangers - ]
M LC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

Nubara Moafalia [ - Cednia Beach AFC - ]
M LC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

Ikala Mravedii [ - Lonngeylin Coast - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS::SR: 0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Mravedii made their debut for the Vilita National Team at the Eagle's Cup V tournament.

Westii Yahaya [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
M C ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 33 :: GOALS::SR: 8 ) :: [ N/R ]
Yahaya was a graduate of the Turoki Academy drafted in to the Turoki Isle senior squad ahead of V-League Season 44.

Timi'sala Koarena [ - Raynor City United (VAL) - ]
M LC ( AGE: 20 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

Tinjus Mngomeni [ - Jlinal Cove AFC - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 4 :: GOALS::SR: 0 ) :: [ N/R ]

Mbdiai Akarenaa [ - Exton F.C (Apox) - ]
M LC ( AGE: 18 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]
Akarenaa started out at the Eelandii Academy before signing a professional contract with Cednia Beach AFC during V-League 47

Cywrenta Vlintejni [ - Crosaibi Academy - ]
M LC ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 3 :: GOALS::SR: 0 ) :: [ N/R ]

Polaox Torerun [ - Tropicorp FC - ]
M LC ( AGE: 18 CAPS: 8 :: GOALS::SR: 1 ) :: [ N/R ]
Started Career at Venom Youth Academy

FORWARDS:
Berali Tzufarei [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
F C ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 31 :: GOALS::SR: 12 ) :: [ N/R ]
Tzufarei made their debut for the Vilita National Team at the Eagle's Cup V tournament.

Mirana Gotuai [ - Mist City Floatzels (NSI) - ]
F C ( AGE: 21 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

Meldi'ita Mungwaii [ - Jungle Strike FC - ]
F C ( AGE: 17 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

Wiztsana Iretziia [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
F C ( AGE: 17 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

Nuola Brenzil [ - Mavaloiao Locals - ]
F C ( AGE: 16 CAPS: 4 :: GOALS::SR: 1 ) :: [ N/R ]

Tenziki Kulakao [ - Yeaddin Owls - ]
F C ( AGE: 16 CAPS: 3 :: GOALS::SR: 1 ) :: [ N/R ]

I Give My Opponent Permission To:		
====================
Choose Scorers: Y
GodMod Goalscoring Events: Y

Injure Players: Y (Limited to Duration of Competition)
GodMod Injury Events Y (Limited to Duration of Competition)

Red Card Players: Y (TG After RP is Posted to Inform)
Yellow Card Players: Y
GodMod Other Events: Y
===================

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:43 am

Punching Above their Weight

Taylor Street Stadium, 95X :: It was the second match of the day at the Taylor Street Stadium - both of which pitted Group Y foes head to head with a place in the Knockout Rounds on the line. With the matches being played at one stadium, they naturally could not be played concurrently and as such, the Tropicorp Techies knew the situation they were in going into the match. Win and you are top of the group, lose - and find yourself at the bottom of the group. Such was the level of competition in Group Y. Tropicorp were 90 minutes away from finishing either in first - or in last.

However, since the result of the other match was already known - technically, Tropicorp and Cosumar could have just sat down and played jacks around the center circle for 90 minutes and things would have been totally peachy for them - particularly for Cosumar who would win the group under the scenario of a draw. There were two things - well maybe three, however, that motivated Tropicorp away from the game of Jacks. First of all, the Techies didn't actually know how to play Jacks, so it likely would have been embarrassing for them, particularly if the Cosumarites did know how to play. Secondly, while a draw would be all well and good for Cosumar, and likely would have been just fine for Tropicorp as well - there was still a chance, a very slight chance but a chance none the less that Tropicorp could still be eliminated on 4 points. Thirdly, and perhaps the most motivating factor of them all, the rag-tag group of Scientists, Engineers and other Researchers at Tropicorp were still wearing their sensor-filled apparel, collecting data in the name of science on behalf of Tropicorp Sports Research & Development wing. Should they have decided to sit down and play a game of Jacks at the center circle, the data they would have gathered would not have been nearly as useful and would have added corruption and noise into the data sets previously collected when being analyzed back at the Tropicorp R&D center.

As a result, the game would go on - competitively. For the Cosumar Dragons, a defeat on the day would be much like a draw would be to the Techies - unlikely to eliminate them, but still, it was possible for them to go out. So they didn't want to lose if they didn't have to. The Techies put up one hell of a fight, however, and were rewarded in the 78th minute with an unlikely goal from a biological researcher who let the moment take over and actually met the crossed ball contact their head, redirecting it past "Vanquishers" netminder Jakk Winterfyll. Perhaps the Azure Dragons moniker was more adept on the day as when the full-time whistle blew, it was Cosumar who had been vanquished - the Tropicorp Techies recorded a signature victory to propel themselves to the top of Group Y and the 16th ranked team in Atlantian Oceania had secured a #6 seed for the Knockout Rounds of AOCAF 52. It wouldn't get any easier for the Techies with one of the AOCAF's original participants and a nation long-clammoring for an AOCAF title - Krytenia - as their next foe.

- Tropicorp -

Osarius
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Osarius » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:27 pm

Starblaydia   1–1   Osarius
Warwick 71'

Man-of-the-Match: Lloyd Allen (OSR)

OSR: Shelly-Ann; Kavanagh, Cole, Muscolino, Carter; Pearce (Prieto 63),
Estevez, Allen; Montanari (Bartley 81), Doherty (Warwick 63), Watson

With progression not yet assured, Barca-Carthy fielded a strong side yet again -- arguably full-strength -- to face Starblaydia in the Cascade Dome. "We can't take them lightly now and crash out after two good wins." Explained the manager. "I said it at the start of the tournament, we're here to win, win, win." Some questioned her omission of winger Kyron Bartley, though both have insisted there is no problem between them. "Raimondo deserved the start more, it's that simple. There's no story here." Assistant manager Autumn Phelps stated matter-of-factly when asked.

As it turned out, Montanari would create the eventual equaliser to send Osarius into the knockout rounds as group winners, a looping cross from the left flank, nodded in by an unmarked James Warwick. The Hollybrent forward made no attempt to conceal his joy post-match, having waited quietly for this moment for some time. "It's a great feeling to score for the national team, and to hear that it was the goal that saved us from early elimination, that's just... wow!" Warwick gushed.

Barca-Carthy was critical in her appraisal of the Firebirds' performance, however. "We probably could have had the game wrapped up by half-time if Quinn and Ryan were a bit more ruthless in front of goal." She lamented. "Lloyd has had a fantastic game, he created ten chances by my count, and it's a massive disservice to him that we didn't convert any of them." The Firewood City playmaker has silently emerged in recent times as the Firebirds' primary creator and was the target of enquiries during the transfer window. His manager issued a hands-off warning, before the player himself came out and declared that he had no interest in a move away from his boyhood club. "I owe this club everything," he said. "Why would I leave?" He is now repaying the faith shown in him tenfold, not just for the Fourgian giants, but also the national team. "Lloyd is one of the first names on the team sheet at the moment," admitted Barca-Carthy. "He's been in realy good form lately, and is a huge presence in the dressing room for this group. It would be silly to leave him out."

Allen's first could-be assist came from a twenty-five yard, no-look pass into the right channel for Ryan Watson. The Hastmead winger's shot was straight at the keeper, unfortunately, but it was easily one of the best bits of football on show last night. Allen would go on to create nine more clear chances -- not including the secondary assist credit he got for Warwick's goal -- and is reluctantly accepting the plaudits. When asked if he thought he might be able to overturn the Golden League assist record, held by Benedict Watson, he was coy. "There are a lot of factors there," he said. "But I'll give it my best. We'll see. He was a great player and created goals for fun. If I can even get near, I'll be pretty happy to be honest." If he keeps up this form, it would surprise absolutely no-one to see him surpass the late Firewood legend.

The big concern for Osarius heading into their match with Oontaz is the fitness of captain Samantha Pearce. The Jraxville playmaker was subbed off near the hour mark as a precaution, after taking a knock. Barca-Carthy seems confident she will be ready to go in three days, but has refrained from making any decisive statement. "We're sure it's nothing serious but we've asked the medical team to evaluate and let us know. If we have to sit her, we still have the personnel to get the job done, but I'd prefer to have her there of course." The manager said post-match. She won't be concerned about leadership in the team, however, with Ryan Watson leading the team well in the absence of the captain. "Ryan did well. He led by example, heading up the press from the front. He did everything I expected of him. If Samantha isn't fit to play, I have no concerns over Ryan leading this team. They'll be fine."

Western Sunrise Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Sunrise Islands » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:07 pm

The former Frigideira crew and some of the Sunrise kids were working non-stop into getting the new, yet unnamed, ship Western Sunrise acquired.
The captain herself, on the other hand, had been busy with other matters.

"Ma'am Western Sunrise."
"Please, Southwestern. You can call me sister."
"Sister... Ahem."
The younger Sunrise, dressed with a rather elaborate dress stared at her sister, sunbathing.
"Don't you think you should be working as well?"
"I'm the captain, I don't need to work on those things. That's why I have a crew."
"Fair game but..."
"Yeah?"
"That bikini of yours is... uh... indecent?"
"Not in the slightest. Besides, sunbathing needs a lot of skin uncovered."
"If you insist. Also... what's sunbathing?"
"Oh, dear. You wear as little as possible and lay under the sun. This way you get a nice tan."
"Makes sense. Are you done, though?"
"I could use a bit of water, to be fair."
"A bit of water, you say?"
Southwestern Sunrise winked at the ship.
Dainer smiled, holding a bucket of cold water from the ship.

"Yeah, just a bit to drink."
"Alright... YOU HEARD HER!"
The bucket dropped, water falling over the captain.
Western Sunrise got up, furious.
Southwestern Sunrise smiled before running away.
The younger Sunrise ran all over the ship, fleeing from a furious Western Sunrise.
Southwestern managed to sneak into the captain's room while said captain was still going after her.
She looked around, curious.
An interesting piece was a toy pirate ship.
Family pictures with one of the faces cut off.
But more important than that was a small, pink book.

Western Sunrise kept knocking her room's door, still furious.

"GET OUT OF MY ROOM!"
"ONLY IF YOU DON'T PUNISH ME!"
"I'M THE CAPTAIN!"
"YOU'RE MY SISTER!"
"YOUR OLDER SISTER!"
"I GOT YOUR DIARY!"
"YOU WHAT!?"
"...I shouldn't have said that, right?"
"I'M RIPPING YOUR HEAD OFF!"
"HEEEEELP!"
Western felt a nudge to her shoulder.
Dainer smiled.

"Hey."
"WHAT DO YOU WANT!?"
"She's your sister, maybe you should hold on the punishment a bit. Plus, I was the one that dropped that bucket of water."
"20th of January, my brother left a new crew member on a bag. He's kind of cute..."
The two look at each other.
"SOUTHWESTERN!"
"Oh, so I'm cute?"
"NO!"
"Am I wrong, Southwestern?"
"Not at all, Dainer sir!"
"Grrrrrr... SOUTHWESTERN!"
"Day 21."
"GRRRRRR!"
A strong punch from Western Sunrise opens a hole at the door.
"Uh-oh."
Os gringos cobram quinhentos, a gente cobra um milhão. / Gravamos um disco ante ontem,

95X
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

AOCAF LII/52 Round of 16

Postby 95X » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:00 pm

AOCAF LII/52 Round of 16

Valanora 2–2 Eshan (2–3 AET)

Vilita & Turori 1–1 Starblaydia (3–1 AET)

Audioslavia 0–0 Cosumar (1–0 AET)

Osarius 2–0 Oontaz

Western Sunrise Islands 1–0 Semarland

Tropicorp 1–2 Krytenia

95X 4–3 Royal Kingdom of Québec
(Scored by San Jose Guaybal)

Anthor 0–1 Chromatika

Quarterfinals Schedule
#2 Vilita & Turori vs. #16 Eshan @ Cascade Dome, 6 PM
#3 Audioslavia vs. #11 Krytenia @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 3 PM
#4 Osarius vs. #9 Chromatika @ The Lucky Businessperson Stadium, 9 AM
#5 Western Sunrise Islands vs. #7 95X @ Cascadia Bank Stadium, 8 PM
Last edited by 95X on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.

Western Sunrise Islands
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Western Sunrise Islands » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:17 am

It was justifiable to say the Western Sunrisian team wasn't favored by the Sunrisian media. Ayumi Hibiki had missed on Jean Mulhouse's attempts to push a "competitive" team as heralded by the media, though the Corsairs were just as competitive as a team based out of Nacional de Porto Velho players or anything of the like. In fact, albeit they were overlooked most of the time, Arceus Vila Lobos, Vitor Rainieri, Ed Morti and Lucas Birigui were all players of the surprisingly still on top Saint named duo of Santa Vaporeona and Santa Jolteona. Ayumi avoided talking about her husband's team at Northern Sunrise or said husband's cousin efforts at Southern Sunrise, trying to instead bolster the efforts of the Western side at the AOCAF.

It helped their opponents were 95X. Two-time winners of the tournament, the nation that totally wasn't a bus in disguise (swear it, brah) had always taken the Atlantian Oceanian tournament much more seriously than the World Cup, though let it be known that they did try their hand at the latter, just not exactly felt like going all the way in and as a result, bowed much earlier than the expected. But this was the AOCAF, their bread and butter. If anything, the Sunrisians were very familiar with Bo Foureleven, Rangers' favorite workhorse and one of the more respectable names of the Sunrisian Championship, plus being one of those few players that insisted on not using a shirt number expected to his position. The kids back at Babylon Heights liked him and there wasn't much animosity (if any) at either Nowhere or Elliot Heights, home of respective rivals Senators and Mets.

An opponent like that could be terrible for most managers, but for Ayumi, that meant something to get the heat off her roster choices. Nobody would give her trouble for not beating 95X at an AOCAF, while a win against that same team on that very tournament meant she had literally managed to squeeze a win against a formidable opponent at their favorite tournament. Winner winner, turkey dinner.

Ayumi had caught word of Sato's idea of going with some of the set pieces that the Unified Sunrise team had made immortal, all thanks to Kirisakijin manager Mihashi Chiyo and her trust on the Sunrisian squad. Ironically, Hannah Alcouin was probably the sole one that didn't like those set pieces. On this case, Ayumi looked at her team and figured she had better chances: nobody was the Hannah Alcouin of this team after all. As she walked over to the training field set for their team, she brought a couple of notes to the field, some tactics she had written up with the same idea.

"Now, listen up." She said to her team, a serious expression on her face. "The Corsairs are one of Unified Sunrise's finest national teams, however it came to my knowledge that we're not Sunrisian enough." "Oh, Arceus." Yvo said. The somewhat veteran center-back sighed. "You want us to do those flips and long passes that the Southeners did, right?" Ayumi nodded. "I think there's a small problem with that, miss." Vespa bolted up. "THOSE ARE FLIPPING IMPOSSIBLE!" "Plus." Dicró, the rather auspicious midfielder said, sitting down. "Southern Sunrise lost their first match. We did considerably well by doing our basics." Allan Texugo was the next one to talk, saying "Oh, please guys. We're not undefeated either and I think we could take the 95X guys by surprise!". Yvo sighed. "Taking them by surprise by doing the obvious?" Allan tilted his head to the side, but Ayumi was more confident. "Look, the truth is, we really need the win. Some of you might get shots at the top, get played more and whatnot, but others might be on their last chance at the AOCAF. If you manage to squeeze our way to the top, I can get away with sending you all next time around, otherwise we'll probably be meeting ourselves for the last time."

Allan laughed. "Eh, I'm not worried. I'm the guy most of the other teams know about anyway." Ayumi shook her head. "You know that Dadá Carvoeiro kid was thinking of joining Carnival Samba, right? And he's a Westerner." Allan looked at the rest of the team. "...We really should go train those set pieces."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports