NATION

PASSWORD

The NFL Thread: 2018 Preseason

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Here you go. Last poll of the 2018 season boys.

Poll ended at Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:16 pm

# 1: New England Patriots
16
55%
# 2: Philadelphia Eagles
13
45%
 
Total votes : 29

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:23 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I think the main reason they do it is because empty stadiums look bad, if you have nobody in a stadium people aren't gonna rush to sponsor you. Remember the same teams take out massive amounts from taxpayer money to pay for their stadiums. But I guess that's a topic for another thread.


Why not just try starting the rookie anyways, even if it doesn't work out you weren't making an impact anyways. I'm sure Carson Wentz' career will be better off for being the starter this year

If he doesn't drop the next four games.

I don't think people had super high expectations for success this season really. He's still a top prospect
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:36 pm

Val Halla wrote:
Luminesa wrote:If he doesn't drop the next four games.

I don't think people had super high expectations for success this season really. He's still a top prospect

People were overhyping the crud out of him pre-season. Then again people always do that with QBs.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:27 am

Luminesa wrote:
Val Halla wrote:I don't think people had super high expectations for success this season really. He's still a top prospect

People were overhyping the crud out of him pre-season. Then again people always do that with QBs.

He had a good start, but the rookie wall is a thing
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
Cymrea
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8696
Founded: Feb 10, 2006
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cymrea » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:16 am

Val Halla wrote:
Luminesa wrote:People were overhyping the crud out of him pre-season. Then again people always do that with QBs.

He had a good start, but the rookie wall is a thing

At home to a struggling Green Bay, he's got a chance to get back to good. But if they drop it, they could be done this season. The Eagles have five tough games coming. Another loss could send them spiraling.
Pronounced: KIM-ree-ah. Formerly the Empire of Thakandar, founded December 2002. IIWiki | Factbook | Royal Cymrean Forces
Proud patron of: Halcyon Arms and of their Cymrea-class drone carrier
Storefronts: Ravendyne Defence Industries | Bank of Cymrea | Pork Place BBQ
Puppets: Persica Prime (W40K), Winter Bastion (SW), Atramentar
✎ Member - ℘ædagog | Cheese Sandwich is best Pony | 1870 (2.0) United Kingdom of Cambria
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS OREGON DUCKS

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:59 am

Cymrea wrote:
Val Halla wrote:He had a good start, but the rookie wall is a thing

At home to a struggling Green Bay, he's got a chance to get back to good. But if they drop it, they could be done this season. The Eagles have five tough games coming. Another loss could send them spiraling.

Pretty much. :/
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Kohr
Minister
 
Posts: 3133
Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:27 pm

Cymrea wrote:
Val Halla wrote:He had a good start, but the rookie wall is a thing

At home to a struggling Green Bay, he's got a chance to get back to good. But if they drop it, they could be done this season. The Eagles have five tough games coming. Another loss could send them spiraling.

Meanwhile, the loser of tomorrow's NFC North game will lose control of their destiny.
Former lead editor of the NFL Picks League (2018-2026)

User avatar
Val Halla
Post Czar
 
Posts: 38836
Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Val Halla » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:54 am

Learnt something interesting today. The QB with the most wins in Cleveland since 1999 is Ben Roethlisberger. For the Steelers. That's how much the Browns suck, the best QB in Cleveland is from another team, and not one of their own.
LOVEWHOYOUARE~
WOMAN♀

She/her

User avatar
Raxacoricofallibatorius
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Raxacoricofallibatorius » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:20 am

Hey guys, looking for advice on which 1 of 3 RBs to start in my fantasy team (already playing Le'Veon Bell and my flex position is taken up by Doug Baldwin)
Do I Start:

Legarrette Blount vs Jets
Devontae Booker vs Chiefs
Tevin Coleman vs Cardinals

currently leaning towards Blount, thinking definitely sit Coleman as he's only just started practicing again after his injury.

Any advice very much appreciated
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right 6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62
"Socialists cry "Power to the people", and raise the clenched fist as they say it. We all know what they really mean—power over people, power to the State." - Margaret Thatcher

"How do you tell if someone is a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell if someone is an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

"If Socialists understood economics they wouldn't be socialists." - Friedrich Hayek

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:34 am

Raxacoricofallibatorius wrote:Hey guys, looking for advice on which 1 of 3 RBs to start in my fantasy team (already playing Le'Veon Bell and my flex position is taken up by Doug Baldwin)
Do I Start:

Legarrette Blount vs Jets
Devontae Booker vs Chiefs
Tevin Coleman vs Cardinals

currently leaning towards Blount, thinking definitely sit Coleman as he's only just started practicing again after his injury.

Any advice very much appreciated

I would definitely start Coleman. Not sure how much Blount is going to run against the Jets, so I can't say.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Raxacoricofallibatorius
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Raxacoricofallibatorius » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:42 am

Luminesa wrote:
Raxacoricofallibatorius wrote:Hey guys, looking for advice on which 1 of 3 RBs to start in my fantasy team (already playing Le'Veon Bell and my flex position is taken up by Doug Baldwin)
Do I Start:

Legarrette Blount vs Jets
Devontae Booker vs Chiefs
Tevin Coleman vs Cardinals

currently leaning towards Blount, thinking definitely sit Coleman as he's only just started practicing again after his injury.

Any advice very much appreciated

I would definitely start Coleman. Not sure how much Blount is going to run against the Jets, so I can't say.


Having just looked at defensive rankings vs RBs I am inclined to change my mind and agree with you
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right 6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62
"Socialists cry "Power to the people", and raise the clenched fist as they say it. We all know what they really mean—power over people, power to the State." - Margaret Thatcher

"How do you tell if someone is a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell if someone is an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

"If Socialists understood economics they wouldn't be socialists." - Friedrich Hayek

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:46 am

Raxacoricofallibatorius wrote:
Luminesa wrote:I would definitely start Coleman. Not sure how much Blount is going to run against the Jets, so I can't say.


Having just looked at defensive rankings vs RBs I am inclined to change my mind and agree with you

I just hope my suggestion doesn't cause you to lose against your buddies or anything. :unsure:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15799
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:46 pm

This is the reason why I love Prater! We won! On Thanksgiving! On my birthday! Best present ever to see the Lions win on my birthday Thanksgiving!
Last edited by Outer Sparta on Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:48 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:This is the reason why I love Prater! We won! On Thanksgiving! On my birthday! Best present ever to see the Lions win on my birthday Thanksgiving!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :hug:
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Outer Sparta
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 15799
Founded: Dec 26, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Outer Sparta » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Outer Sparta wrote:This is the reason why I love Prater! We won! On Thanksgiving! On my birthday! Best present ever to see the Lions win on my birthday Thanksgiving!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :hug:

Thank you! I feels so good to win, but a thousand times better today! :hug:
Free Palestine, stop the genocide in Gaza

User avatar
Raxacoricofallibatorius
Secretary
 
Posts: 33
Founded: Nov 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Raxacoricofallibatorius » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:12 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Raxacoricofallibatorius wrote:
Having just looked at defensive rankings vs RBs I am inclined to change my mind and agree with you

I just hope my suggestion doesn't cause you to lose against your buddies or anything. :unsure:


Nah it's all good I can wait til sunday to make the final decision based on injury reports etc. I'm also taking a slight risk with my QB this week playing Derek Carr instead of Aaron Rodgers simply because I think he'll do better against the Panthers than Rodgers will against the Eagles
Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right 6.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.62
"Socialists cry "Power to the people", and raise the clenched fist as they say it. We all know what they really mean—power over people, power to the State." - Margaret Thatcher

"How do you tell if someone is a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell if someone is an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin." -Ronald Reagan

"Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." - Winston Churchill

"If Socialists understood economics they wouldn't be socialists." - Friedrich Hayek

User avatar
Kohr
Minister
 
Posts: 3133
Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Outer Sparta wrote:
Luminesa wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :hug:

Thank you! I feels so good to win, but a thousand times better today! :hug:

...
Former lead editor of the NFL Picks League (2018-2026)

User avatar
Maineiacs
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7372
Founded: May 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:57 pm

RIP Vikings playoff chances. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYB3yyu0UrQ

Image
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:23 pm

Maineiacs wrote:RIP Vikings playoff chances. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYB3yyu0UrQ


...You still have a few games, though, and they're only up by a game. Plus the Redskins lost. I'm not trying to be rude, but...is there a factor I'm missing?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Maineiacs
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7372
Founded: May 26, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Maineiacs » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:09 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Maineiacs wrote:RIP Vikings playoff chances. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYB3yyu0UrQ


...You still have a few games, though, and they're only up by a game. Plus the Redskins lost. I'm not trying to be rude, but...is there a factor I'm missing?



Yeah. They play Dallas next week, so that's likely 6-6. Detroit have the tie-breaker, and even 10-6 likely won't cut it for a wild card.
Economic:-8.12 Social:-7.59 Moral Rules:5 Moral Order:-5
Muravyets: Maineiacs, you are brilliant, too! I stand in delighted awe.
Sane Outcasts:When your best case scenario is five kilometers of nuclear contamination, you know someone fucked up.
Geniasis: Christian values are incompatible with Conservative ideals. I cannot both follow the teachings of Christ and be a Republican. Therefore, I choose to not be a Republican.
Galloism: If someone will build a wall around Donald Trump, I'll pay for it.
Bottle tells it like it is
add 6,928 to post count

User avatar
Japaneese Malaya
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 53
Founded: Nov 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Japaneese Malaya » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:10 pm

Go Texans!

User avatar
Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1128
Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:33 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Val Halla wrote:Garbage sports franchises like $6 tickets, the Philadelphia 76ers also have $6 tickets

I mean even the 49ers are charging $20 for their cheap tickets, $30 for Jacksonville.

I have to admit, it's the mark of a really classy sports franchise that prices most of the people who support them out of the ticket market. Six buck tickets are a good thing. It tells the fans that Management is at least willing to pretend they care.


Damn straight.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

User avatar
Baltimore-Ravens
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1128
Founded: Jul 21, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Baltimore-Ravens » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:39 pm

Justin Tucker K has 3 FGs over fifty yards (long 57) in the first half outdoors in Baltimore late November. Ravens lead 16-3 over Bengals.

EDIT: NFL Record number of +50 yard FGs for one half. Incidentally, Marvin Lewis called a timeout before Tucker kicked his third as time expired. All Tucker did was drill that one too. So he kicked 4, the last one he did twice. This guy is the best at his craft.
Last edited by Baltimore-Ravens on Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World's Unofficial #1 Ravens Fan!

An NFL thread alternate nation of ???

User avatar
Kohr
Minister
 
Posts: 3133
Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:45 pm

What has gotten into the Buccaneers?
Former lead editor of the NFL Picks League (2018-2026)

User avatar
Luminesa
Khan of Spam
 
Posts: 63016
Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:50 pm

Kohr wrote:What has gotten into the Buccaneers?

I think they finally realized if they win the rest of their games, they might actually get playoffs.

Note: MIGHT.

Meanwhile New Orleans marches forward after trashing the Rams! WOO!!!
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

User avatar
Kohr
Minister
 
Posts: 3133
Founded: Aug 24, 2015
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kohr » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:53 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Kohr wrote:What has gotten into the Buccaneers?

I think they finally realized if they win the rest of their games, they might actually get playoffs.

Note: MIGHT.

Meanwhile New Orleans marches forward after trashing the Rams! WOO!!!

Hopefully either you or the Bucs can snatch the division from the talons of the Falcons. I have relatives that support them, and I'm loathe to see them happy.
Former lead editor of the NFL Picks League (2018-2026)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chan Island, DutchFormosa, Esteneng, Google Adsense [Bot], Ken Carson and friends, Kurgao, Orlavia, Slembana, Statesburg, Storn, Valreisches Kaiserreich

Advertisement

Remove ads