NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites:The Lamest Heroes -Comedy, Supers - OOC/Closed

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Achidyemay
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 14, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Achidyemay » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:10 pm

Tagged.
Dear Sir: Regarding your article 'What's Wrong with the World?' I am.
Yours truly,
G.K. Chesterton

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:12 pm

Achidyemay wrote:Tagged.

Excellent. (We could use some heroes and not villains for right now...)
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:13 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Achidyemay wrote:Tagged.

Excellent. (We could use some heroes and not villains for right now...)

Oh, yeah. I'm gonna post soon.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:06 am

So what happened to Polyp? What if he turned into Florida Man‽
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:42 am

I'll post soon
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:32 pm

Considering they don't seem like much, I think Ed's paper airplane's attacks will feel something like a bee sting.
Anyone preferably, but not necessarily, of the villains want to post?
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:36 am

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:So what happened to Polyp? What if he turned into Florida Man‽

According to the information given at the beginning, all the players from last time who didn't show up this time ended up getting jobs as tour guides. So no, Polyp is not going to be Florida Man.

However. You're welcome to create a villain app for Florida Man if you so choose.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Talchyon wrote:
The Last Abode of Pando wrote:So what happened to Polyp? What if he turned into Florida Man‽

According to the information given at the beginning, all the players from last time who didn't show up this time ended up getting jobs as tour guides. So no, Polyp is not going to be Florida Man.

However. You're welcome to create a villain app for Florida Man if you so choose.

Also, could I post a backstory for Ed and Aesculapius next, just to give more length to the Infinites?
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:25 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:
Also, could I post a backstory for Ed and Aesculapius next, just to give more length to the Infinites?

Go for it.

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:37 pm

I'm going to be gone from 11/18 to 11/27, & probably unable to RP then.
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:45 pm

Thecreamof wrote:I'm going to be gone from 11/18 to 11/27, & probably unable to RP then.

Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Great post, by the way.

Thecreamof
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Thecreamof » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:52 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Thecreamof wrote:I'm going to be gone from 11/18 to 11/27, & probably unable to RP then.

Ok. Thanks for letting us know.

Great post, by the way.

Oh gosh! You flatter me far too much!
Yeah if I had internet where I'm going, I'd try be on here. But I probably won't.
Anywho! Have a safe Thanksgiving (or regular Nov. 24th for non-Americans), folks!
Our nation uses roughly 50.01% NS stats, 49.99% fact books.
Political views: I guess I'm a moderate who leans strongly towards liberal? Or perhaps a liberal who leans strongly towards moderate? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Something interesting about me: I can wiggle both my ears! I can also crack/pop both my wrists @ will, but I can crack/pop my right wrist easier than my left!

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Good/Bad news everybody!

I has a job now, so my schedule is unpredictable. When I will be able to post is unknown, but every other day should be attainable.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:41 pm

The Irish County of the Beare-Mor wrote:Good/Bad news everybody!

I has a job now, so my schedule is unpredictable. When I will be able to post is unknown, but every other day should be attainable.

No problem. Thanks for the heads-up.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:52 am

Here is my app for Florida Man:

See below

Sorry, my post wasn't backstory, like I had said.
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Land of Golden Blobfish
Ambassador

Founded: May 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Land of Golden Blobfish » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:43 am

I'll have a post up later today.
BOSS NASS : Yousa cannot bees hair. Dis army of mackineeks up dare tis new
weesong!
QUI-GON : That droid army is about to attack the Naboo. We must warn them.
BOSS NASS : Wesa no like da Naboo! Un dey no like uss-ens. Da Naboo tink
day so smarty den us-ens. Day tink day brains so big.
OBI-WAN : After those droids take control of the surface, they will come
here and take control of you.
BOSS NASS : No, mesa no tink so. Mesa scant talkie witda Naboo, and no
nutten talkie it outlaunders. Dos mackineeks no comen here! Dey not know of
uss-en.
OBI-WAN : You and the Naboo form a symbiont circle. What happens to noe of
you will affect the other. You must understand this.
BOSS NASS : Wesa wish no nutten in yousa tings, outlaunder, and wesa no
care-n about da Naboo.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 am

Okay. How about this:
Name: Unknown, could be any.
Codename: Florida Man
Sex: Male* More on this later.

Powers: Can cause mild chaos**

Describe your abilities: I can cause stuff to happen, usually mild crimes.
How do you feel about the Infinites: Meh.*
What's your end goal: Win*
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: Evil laugh*
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: They just happen.*
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): You know those hyenas in the Lion King? Yeah. Edd the Hyena's laugh.*
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): Same thing as above.*
Any lines you won't cross: Cheer for the despicable Bulldogs.*
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: Either.*

*The later part: Florida Man is not one specific person, rather, a moniker, like The Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride, The Dark One in Once Upon a Time, or Ghost Rider in the Marvel Multiverse. Florida Man is typically assumed to be male, because of his name, but that is not always the case. The name Florida Man grants the following powers.

**Basically, I'll search Google for "Florida man", see what comes up, and incorporate it into the story.
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:07 pm

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Okay. How about this:
Name: Unknown, could be any.
Codename: Florida Man
Sex: Male* More on this later.

Powers: Can cause mild chaos**

Describe your abilities: I can cause stuff to happen, usually mild crimes.
How do you feel about the Infinites: Meh.*
What's your end goal: Win*
You've captured the hero/heroine, what happens now: Evil laugh*
Do you plan out your monologues or do they just sort of happen: They just happen.*
Let's hear a sample of your evil laugh (the noise you'd make when your plan is succeeding): You know those hyenas in the Lion King? Yeah. Edd the Hyena's laugh.*
Let's hear a sample of your evil roar (the noise you make when your plan is failing): Same thing as above.*
Any lines you won't cross: Cheer for the despicable Bulldogs.*
Would you prefer an archenemy, or would you rather just drift around from rogues gallery to rogues gallery: Either.*

*The later part: Florida Man is not one specific person, rather, a moniker, like The Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride, The Dark One in Once Upon a Time, or Ghost Rider in the Marvel Multiverse. Florida Man is typically assumed to be male, because of his name, but that is not always the case. The name Florida Man grants the following powers.

**Basically, I'll search Google for "Florida man", see what comes up, and incorporate it into the story.

As long as whatever Google comes up with is within reason and not too overpowered for us, I'm ok with this villain. Welcome to the Infinites' thread, Florida Man.

Pando, feel free to incorporate Florida Man with the other villains who stayed. Like he was there the whole time, and now is reacting...

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Irish County of the Beare-Mor » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:39 pm

Well, I'll post when I can. My schedule has gotten busier.

Stupid job! Why can't I just get money without working?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:23 pm

Didnt know this was still ngoing may bring in my cafien dude.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Didnt know this was still ngoing may bring in my cafien dude.

That would be great!

Yeah, we're still going. This is the reboot from the first. (I'm the new OP) And it's kind of slow, but we still enjoy it. No plans to shut it down as of now.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:26 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Didnt know this was still ngoing may bring in my cafien dude.

That would be great!

Yeah, we're still going. This is the reboot from the first. (I'm the new OP) And it's kind of slow, but we still enjoy it. No plans to shut it down as of now.

I know, i saw you ask for permission from First.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:48 am

Bear-More - Nice post. Technicalities, however. Glitch only made it to level 39. The skyscraper has 50 stories.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:17 pm

As the OP of this fun RP, I have a request.

I would like to recruit more people - especially active people. And I found a new way to do it, and would like to encourage everyone here to do the same.

Click on "User Control Panel" at the top, (next to "view your posts"). Then click on "Your profile." Then, on the left hand side, click on the 2nd option that has to do with your signature at the bottom of your posts.

If you would also add this to whatever profile signature you use, it will help advertise and possibly attract others you might interact with.

"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players.

OOC - https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=390875
IC - https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=391563"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse