NATION

PASSWORD

Right Wing Discussion Thread V - Emperor's Holy Inquisition

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

US Presidential Election Poll - RWDT Edition

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:10 am

Hillary Clinton
25%
Donald Trump
46%
Gary Johnson
12%
Jill Stein
4%
Evan McMullin
5%
Darrell Castle
2%
Other
5%

Total votes : 378

Isyrannaea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Isyrannaea » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:07 pm

The Liberated Territories wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
Oh yes, the man who rejects all authority. No surprise of your opinion on this topic.

>still using the impact font
Please ignore my old posts.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Conserative Morality wrote:
Nusaresa wrote:w/o french revolution no computers btw

>> early long-range communication systems
>> revival of ideals of citizenship
>> human rights
>> metric system
>> liberation of the Jewish people
>> "nothing"

>metric system
>Good

Only countries that never went to the moon use metric system. John Adams revived the Roman concept of citizenship before the French trash did. Human right < natural rights. French lovers BTFO.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

Conscentia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 04, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Conscentia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Conscentia wrote:A higher power isn't grounded. Tradition is essentially just a pretentious term for habit.

Oh yes, the man who rejects all authority. No surprise of your opinion on this topic.

That isn't so. I'm not an anarchist. There's a link to On Authority in my signature for a reason.
Last edited by Conscentia on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Founded: Aug 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:08 pm

The East Marches wrote:Absolutist monarchies didn't lose their iron grip till 1848. Napoleon only succeeded in creating an unstable France constantly rotating government types and incapable of stability still to this day. His civil code was constantly subverted by the exercise of his own arbitrary standards and whims.

Absolutist monarchies weren't seriously threatened until '48. It was the wars of the Revolution that made kings and emperors fear the spectre of liberty. Their grip remained, but was hardly iron after the overthrow of Napoleon.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.
Caesar and Imperator of RWDT
Got a blog up again. || An NS Writing Discussion

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Nusaresa wrote:w/o french revolution no computers btw

>> early long-range communication systems
>> human rights
>> metric system
>> "nothing"

"Human rights."

As long as you were a revolutionary. Human rights are a strange concept anyway.
Last edited by Jochizyd Republic on Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Conscentia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:Oh yes, the man who rejects all authority. No surprise of your opinion on this topic.

That isn't so. I'm not anarchist. There's a link to On Authority in my signature for a reason.

I could have sworn I read that you rejected the authority of the state or some thing in LWDT.
Conserative Morality wrote:Move to a real state bud instead of a third-world country that inexplicably votes in American elections.

Novus America wrote:But yes, I would say the mere existence of Illinois proves this is hell. Chicago the 9th circle.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

The East Marches wrote:Mark "I correspond with 12 year olds" Twain.

... is there some implication here I'm not getting?
He totally ignores the end outcome of that revolution. A descent into an endless series of coalition wars with the blood tax and authority of Napoleon heaped ever higher upon the necks of the French people. They and threw it all away for nothing in the end.

"All for nothing"

I didn't know changing the face of Europe to such a degree that to this day many European law systems are derived from the standards laid out in the civil code and the bit where absolutist monarchy was rekt in France as well as abroad.

Napoleonic Code is pretty impressive.
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

Isyrannaea
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Isyrannaea » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:09 pm

Conscentia wrote:
The East Marches wrote:Oh yes, the man who rejects all authority. No surprise of your opinion on this topic.

That isn't so. I'm not anarchist. There's a link to On Authority in my signature for a reason.

viewtopic.php?p=30005009#p30005009
Please ignore my old posts.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm

The East Marches wrote:Absolutist monarchies didn't lose their iron grip till 1848. Napoleon only succeeded in creating an unstable France constantly rotating government types and incapable of stability still to this day. His civil code was constantly subverted by the exercise of his own arbitrary standards and whims.

Absolutist monarchies weren't seriously threatened until '48. It was the wars of the Revolution that made kings and emperors fear the spectre of liberty. Napoleon and his marshals. Their grip remained, but was hardly iron after the overthrow of Napoleon.

I fixed it for you.

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:10 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:>> early long-range communication systems
>> human rights
>> metric system
>> "nothing"

>metric system
>Good

Only countries that never went to the moon use metric system. John Adams revived the Roman concept of citizenship before the French trash did. Human right < natural rights. French lovers BTFO.

natural rights btfo
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:11 pm

The East Marches wrote:>metric system
>Good

Only countries that never went to the moon use metric system.

TIL Russia, India, and China do not use the metric system.
John Adams revived the Roman concept of citizenship before the French trash did.

Yeah, but not in Europe.
Human right < natural rights. French lovers BTFO.

Natural rights are the worst kind of garbage. I would've expected more cynicism from a villain of your caliber.
On the hate train. Choo choo, bitches. Bi-Polar. Proud Crypto-Fascist and Turbo Progressive. Dirty Étatist. Lowly Humanities Major. NSG's Best Liberal.

Conserative Morality
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Conserative Morality » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:12 pm

The East Marches wrote:I fixed it for you.

Revolutionary European unrest outlasted Napoleon's reign.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:13 pm

The East Marches wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:>> early long-range communication systems
>> human rights
>> metric system
>> "nothing"

>metric system
>Good

NASA uses the metric system, it's the preferred system for such.

The United Colonies of Earth
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 01, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The United Colonies of Earth » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:13 pm

The East Marches wrote:I fixed it for you.

Revolutionary European unrest outlasted Napoleon's reign.

Carlists, carlists everywhere.
9000 Carlist Wars later Spain has a democracy!
(For an example of what you're saying)
The United Colonies of Earth exists:
to bring about the settlement of all planets not yet inhabited by a sapient species within this Galaxy and Universe by the Human Race, or all members of the species Homo sapiens;
to ensure the observation and protection of the rights of all human beings;
to defend humankind from invasion, catastrophe, fraud and violence;
to represent the interests of humankind to the other governments of the Galaxy;
to facilitate the perpetuation of the unity of human civilization and infrastructure between otherwise self-governing colonies;
and to promote technological advancement and scientific discovery for the perpetuation and expansion of the unity and empowerment of all human beings.
E Stēllīs Lībertās

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:15 pm

The East Marches wrote:>metric system
>Good

Only countries that never went to the moon use metric system.

TIL Russia, India, and China do not use the metric system.

It's a well known fact that it doesn't count unless you put a man there.

The East Marches wrote:John Adams revived the Roman concept of citizenship before the French trash did.

Yeah, but not in Europe.

Please, the Europeans can't go 50 years without shitting up somebody's nice things. They are barely even people anyway. They clearly can't govern themselves.

The East Marches wrote:Human right < natural rights. French lovers BTFO.

Natural rights are the worst kind of garbage. I would've expected more cynicism from a villain of your caliber.

>A villain like me doesn't believe in them because he gets greater utility out of life, liberty and property than he does garbage tier "human rights"

Muh constitution

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:
The East Marches wrote:
>metric system
>Good

NASA uses the metric system, it's the preferred system for such.

Please stop ruining things with facts. Metric is trash and belongs in the trash.

The Princes of the Universe
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Princes of the Universe » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:16 pm

Rights are bullshit. Ask however many are left of the ~120,000 people rounded up in the United States in 1942 all about how far your precious fucking rights will get you when push really comes to shove.
Pro dolorosa Eius passione, miserere nobis et totius mundi.

In nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti.
Domine Iesu Christe, Fili Dei, miserere mei, peccatoris.

Skappola
Minister

Founded: May 12, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Skappola » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:17 pm

The United Colonies of Earth wrote:
Conserative Morality wrote:Revolutionary European unrest outlasted Napoleon's reign.

Carlists, carlists everywhere.
9000 Carlist Wars later Spain has a democracy!
(For an example of what you're saying)

Damn Carlists, always getting in the way of the Alfonsist master race!
Political Compass: Economic: 1.63 Social: -6.72
Political Ideology: Neoliberal Civil Libertarian
I Enjoy: Blues, Paradox Games and Sci-fi

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:17 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:Rights are bullshit. Ask however many are left of the ~120,000 people rounded up in the United States in 1942 all about how far your precious fucking rights will get you when push really comes to shove.

Well, that came out of no where.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:18 pm

The Princes of the Universe wrote:Rights are bullshit. Ask however many are left of the ~120,000 people rounded up in the United States in 1942 all about how far your precious fucking rights will get you when push really comes to shove.

They should have utilized their second amendment ones then. Good protestants like myself learned that only a willingness to defend your rights lets you keep them. Thanks to the Catholic Church for that lesson.

Jochizyd Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jochizyd Republic » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:18 pm

Lady Scylla wrote:

They're right tho.
The Sons and Daughters of Jochi Ride Out Again!
For The Khan! For The State! For Faith and For Heritage!
Muslim and Tengrist Clerical Fascist State. Not my rl views.

Just Call Me Joch.
Jochistan reincarnated. Destroyed for my sins at 9300+ Posts.
See Space, You Cowboy

The V O I D
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 13, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The V O I D » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:19 pm

>speaking of a time before civil rights were a thing, or before racial rights were a major issue beyond finally eradicating slavery / anti-interracial marriage sentiment.

The East Marches
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The East Marches » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:20 pm

The V O I D wrote:

>speaking of a time before civil rights were a thing, or before racial rights were a major issue beyond finally eradicating slavery / anti-interracial marriage sentiment.

Oh goodie we have Mr. "Right to associate freely doesn't exist" to tell us all how much he knows about rights.

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

They're right tho.

Well, I don't disagree. They're not inviolable, never have been.

Nusaresa
Minister

Founded: Aug 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nusaresa » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:21 pm

Jochizyd Republic wrote:
Lady Scylla wrote:

They're right tho.

>tfw christian thought served as basis for rights
>tfw islam establishes fair justice which implies innate rights
The Republic of Nusaresa

A Southeast Asian getaway with long unbroken beaches, many historical sites, and a world class quality of life. Enjoy a pleasant dinner at the many restaurants, snorkeling at the pristine lagoon, or discover the Nusarese heritage through a tour of the country.

Nusaresa welcomes you.
Jochizyd Republic wrote:Death by honorable child soldier is less humiliating than death by Antifa activist.

confirmed yandere bishounen
Climate Change needs to stop being a partisan issue

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General