NATION

PASSWORD

Personification Life: EPIC (IC Thread XI) [CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cerillium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 27, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cerillium » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:52 pm

THE FRONT DESK - WELCOME! - AND LOBBY

"Certainly you may ask, Miss Shaw," Volker's eyes twinkled mischievously, "Though most people ask before they sign. Bah. It's all good, ja? You basically agree to keep the place clean, not break into other apartments, don't kill your fellow Residents, and make sure your pets don't stain the carpets."

His hands vanished behind the counter only to emerge moments later with two large, golden keys. "One for you, and one for you," he quipped as he handed each woman her key. "Put it in your door and allow it to work its magic. Miss Bethany Shaw, you are in apartment 3D. And you, Miss Nivea A'delvi, are in 6F."

Obviously pleased with himself, Volker folded his hands in front of him and rocked on his heels. "Everything here is very odd, Miss A'delvi. Nothing is what it seems, and everything seems insistent on making one feel welcome. It's magic, you know." A smile curled his mouth's corners. "Honest magic, the likes of which few ever have the chance to see."

But he hadn't forgotten Beth. "Miss Shaw, what would you like to ask me?"

A sharp squeak heralded Marcus' outright abandonment by his brother. Argus paid no heed to his hissed command to return, nor did the child really care if he interrupted the pretty white skin lady, Mr. Fritz or Aunty Charu. His focus was entirely on the hulking mechanical brute standing with his group just a foot from Volker and the new arrivals. The toddler connected with the cyborg's shin, arms wrapping tightly around it as he buried his tearful cheeks into the coarse fabric. Thaddeus sighed and lifted his son from the hard tile. It wasn't often they saw each other - thanks to Naomi's recently bitchy state - but he wouldn't pass a good opportunity by.

Now docked against his father's chest and supported under his rump by a cybernetic arm that easily made Marcus' augmentation look like scrap parts and Lincoln logs, Argus breathed a contented sigh and drew quiet so as to not interrupt the adults around him.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:30 pm

To Jégvidékem, Thanks For Everything, CFM

It struck her odd that cold and radiation were such an issue as to become an impediment for a stroll about a wasteland. She was Winter, this was a norm, and if any of them were to delve deeper into faerie, Danu help them if they couldn't stand a bit of chilly breeze. Of course, if Jégvidékem was a scorched surface instead, then Mab may have reconsidered; it was easier to channel power when it worked with you rather than against. Still, Thaddeus didn't seem amused by the prospect and only darkened at the mention of Fram and Fritz could only look exasperated at the mere mention of his sibling. And louder than the largest party in the south to boot!

Of course she had to meet him, this was clearly someone none but Charu was enthusiastic enough to meet and that meant a worthwhile opportunity to get to know the family, as it were. A smile formed from her 'delicate' sidhe features as she blink her icy lashes up at Thaddeus. and simply said, "Fram."

Charu sucked in her breath. Fritz's eyes narrowed. Thaddeus steeled himself against glitter and chorus girls. Yet - silence?

In truth, Fram had taken to sulking in the shadows under the front desk blotter when not preoccupied with sulking in the SCP vending machine. He should have been thrilled by current events - this dimension held no ban with regard to how many splinters could walk in it at any given time. He wasn't banished. He was at liberty! Yet he was also cut off from the Void and, having no cultists of his own, feeling rather unimportant. It was proof positive that even the most fabulous people had off days. Fritz wasn't feeling fabulous at all.

He arrived. Not with a bang or a song, and not flanked by daemonettes and corrupted space marines. So sedate was his arrival that an accidental bumping of elbows with Thaddeus produced a polite Oh, excuse me from the old cyborg.

"No trouble at all, Hasenfürzchen," Fram smoothed the deep blue lapels of his overcoat.

"You look like a fucking blueberry," Thaddeus countered.

This was somewhat true. The Versace ensemble was all the shame dark shade, with undershirt, vest, trousers and shoes all bearing the same odd filigree patterns. The great coat lacked said patterns but maintained the exact hue as the rest. Only the coat's black rabbit fur collar stood apart from the monochrome palate.

"Naughty, naughty boy! You were expecting fishnets and platform heels?" Fram batted his eyes and suggestively stroked the fur with his fingertips, "You know, the shoes with little goldfish trapped in the heels. Poor little fish, simply sloshed to death. And then what do you have? Rotting fish under your feet. Worst fashion choice ever." He snapped to emphasize his point, and neglected to mention that he had two such pairs of boots hidden in his closet.

"I'm out of here," Thaddeus backed away (having learned to never expose his rump to the god's roaming hands).

Fram hardly noticed his departure. Rather, his eyes widened as he caught sight of the exquisite Fae. "Oh but aren't you scrumptious! Nay! Divine, darling!"

"Mab, my brother, Fram. Fram, this is Mab, the Winter Queen," Fritz politely introduced the pair. "Charu wants to go on an outing to the frozen-"

"Oh honey, there's only room for one queen in this lobby," the god simpered playfully though he offered a proper bow of his head to Mab.

The sidhe laughed lightly, her hands producing a soft clap at the man's saucy reply. She had initially expected pomp and fanfare given Thad's claim, but this dark-blue piece from Fram only intrigued her further.

"Of course," Mab replied as she flashed a grin and extended her hand toward Charumati. "There's been talk to go through the icy lands afar and I'm thrilled you decided to accompany us. Shall we? I'm looking forward to time away from the general surroundings, and who knows," her eyes twinkled when she stole a look toward Fritz, "We'll compare notes on the way."

The Winter sidhe noted their newest arrivals, but spared little more than a glance as she figured it was time to make their way.

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:31 pm

[quote="Holy Lykos";p="30111116"]OPERATION: LAST CHANCE
DIMENSION: 4590K
LOCATION: Xo Research Base, Veraka, Xo'Lokako orbit, Vim System, HZSC space
TEAMS: SECRET OMEGA TENTACLE

Locks of hair in either hand. Over-under over-under over - she blinked. "My move?" Of course it was.  Terni moved too fast for Rmwtyliin to get away with withdrawing for more than a few moments.  "I regret this delay, Bencaarr," she choked past the lump in her throat.  Quickly, she marked the bottom left - Bencar's top right, of course.

The sounds had been fading - but it was unlikely that the battle had been ended by some peace treaty.  There would be blood on the others' hands. Yet was there any other choice? Should I have tried negotiation - or was it wiser to hide? Could my words have helped? "Do you think that leaving is safe yet, Bencar?" Nervously, the young human watched the door as Venla's footsteps grew audible...
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:17 pm

OPERATION: LAST CHANCE

Romulus nodded at Nex's answer, he figured already that it was going to be a struggle anyway to get that thing where they needed it to be. "I'm sure we'll find a way, Gods be willing." He said as he saw the other scientists head over to some kind of wash station. He looked down from himself and simply observed the carnage they had brought to the pirates, and seeing quite well that they had stood zero chance against them. From his experience and point of view this was definitely no fight, just in the same way a janitor cleaning up a mess isn't a struggle or conflict, to him this was essentially his job back in the Wilhelm Imperium, wiping out any resistance and cleaning up their remains. He realized too this was still the first time in months since he had last fought, but the fighting here may as well have not have happened anyway, its point seemingly moot to him by now besides it having been in the way of their mission.

He nodded toward Venla as she approached him, and heard her explain how she'll be fine within an hour after her body healed from the gunshot wound. "I can do that too you know, heal I mean. I was implanted with an organ when becoming a General that makes my wounds heal fast and even heal from grave injuries, and is likely going to be the reason why I'll live to see a thousand if I haven't been killed by then." He explained to her and then agreed that she should get the others that are still hiding.

"And yes, get the others, we need everyone here assembled quickly and prepared to follow where that plant monstrosity went so we can kill it, or at least launch it away from us, whichever comes first." He said to Venla as she left, and then looked the man that just saluted him. "Now you, I want you and the others in your field to figure out if the airlocks in that thing's path are operational or not, worse comes to worse we push it back into the pirate's boarding craft and pray we can send it freely into the abyss outside." He told Oren. He hoped they could actually deal with this thing, and that his plan was actually doable enough to work for them.

THE FRONT DESK - WELCOME! - AND LOBBY

Magic? Of all the things she witnessed so far within the span of a couple minutes, that's perhaps the least absurd thing to accept in her day yet. She wasn't that superstitious compared to the average denizen in her city to begin with, but she had some beliefs of her own, so magic, at least of the more divined kind, wasn't as hard for her to grasp, and it did seem like a miracle after all that was still alive.

After receiving her room key, she had turned around to suddenly see Marcus get enveloped by some massive hulking mass, she literally jumped and piped an audible startled sound at the unsuspecting sight of the hulk. She then realized that it was a man, a very large man, who was just as mechanical, if not more mechanical than Marcus, and he was merely giving a hug to him. She was still taken aback by him though, thinking and wondering how a man could've gotten that large, he was almost like a Giant from some fairytale that was used to frighten her as a child by her grandpa.

She almost didn't noticed the other people that had now joined them, being just as equally strange as the people she had already met. This new world, new people shock was already starting to wear on her though, she wanted to step away and find somewhere to breathe, but she was worried she'll stumble on something else that was just as weird. And it didn't help that she obviously didn't have much context for what the people around were now talking about, or at least the events that had transpired before she had arrived. She soon felt awkward, unsure of what she should say or do.

She then realized that Volker had said that she was on the sixth floor, with sounded like an awfully long walk up and down the steps everyday. "I'm sorry, did you say I was on the sixth floor? That sounds like a lot of steps to go through everyday?" She then asked for him to clarify.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Founded: May 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:35 pm

TEAMS: SECRET OMEGA TENTACLE - Games Division

"I think it'll be better to wait until someone comes to check up on us." Bencarr scratched at an itchy bit of his Zaan, before marking another. The game was looking to be a tie but that was largely due to them being rather distracted. The plodding through the hallway was rather familiar to both, the slow long strides of a huvidu-zaan's form. But Bencarr's ears picked up something else: Something scampering through the vents. Then it stopped, right after it got loud enough for Rwm to hear. It had only been a moment, but in the silence of the room it might be rather notable.

".... Rwm, get over towards the door." the nurse told her, standing himself up as his hackles rose and zaan slipped out instinctively. An effort to make himself larger and more intimidating. His face had gone from the kind look Rwm would have been used to to a much more aggressive, almost predatory look while he stared up at the vent, blocking any sight of Rwm with his form.

And then the sound of metal slamming into metal as the vent dented, and a few almost feral sounding squeaks and chatter sounded out. Seems not all the pirates had been caught in the bottleneck. It was by sheer luck they stumbled upon the hiding space of the noncombatants.

"Now would be a good idea!"
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agender - They/Them pronouns
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Some Political Charts: 1 2
Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

I wear teal, blue, pink for Swith

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:37 am

ADVENTURES IN THE VILLAGE

"Ok, we'll set up here then, well spotted Sterling!" Oto laid her stuff down on the flat ground. "You can stay in my tent if you want. I'm not sure how much room there is though..." she pondered.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:59 am

Swordplay for Dummies

She wasn't wrong, Macy thought. Palmaria's quite a warm place, and a humid one at that. She could remember that often the servants would complain about having to keep their hair well-conditioned almost all the time, especially when the occasional dry spell would come around.

Macy pushed the door and entered the lobby with Katya beside her. "Oh, I used to live a few kilometers outside of Vildemaree, which is Palmaria's capital. It's pretty warm there."

At the mention of hair, she reached her hand back and brushed her fingers through her strands. "I know, right? It's good that this place isn't as humid as my home, otherwise this golden mass will consume my head. Hmmm, I think I may have the thickest hair among everyone here, if I am not wrong."

She could be right about that—how else would her hair have all sort of things tangled in there whenever she'd come back from one hell of an adventure?

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:35 am

The streets were noisy this time of day which only served to grate on Lumba's nerves. The Ferengi had to remind herself to contact their handyman, apparently she'd been given shoddy doors that were 'guaranteed' to block out the kerfuffle that streaked by at (likely) illegal speed limits. Her sensitive ears could only take so much and she had yet to see her aide off, something Lumba had mixed feelings for.

"Remember, Oecammi, Rule of Acquisition #190: Hear-"

"All; Trust Nothing," the Tzenkethi singsonged with a (what the Tzenkethi thought anyway) reassuring smile. It bowed its head, which was a peculiar gesture given her height at well over three heads above the Ferengi.

"Good... good," Lumba said with some hesitation. She gave a once over at her aide and while her emotions beseiged her instinct to reach out and hug the closest person she consider a friend, Lumba instead took a deep breath, "You're on your own out there. Until things in Ascalon improve, I won't be around to help you. Remember your primary directives, Oecammi, and remember the tenant of all Ferengi."

The Tzenkethi bowed her head again. Odd that Lumba would remind her Ferengi customs when it did nothing for a Tzenkethi, but the alien chalked it up as part of her servitude to possibly the kindest master she had since her inception. "Opportunity plus Instinct equals Profit. This one is well versed in the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. This one has been entrusted to manage a branch office and will do everything possible to perform beyond operating directives."

Lumba smiled then, her crooked and jagged teeth shining in the modest light from above. "Of course you will, dear. I'm setting you free, of a sort, I expect you to go above and beyond. Now then," she clapped her hands that jingled her long and ornate jewelry, "Time to head off. Be sure to keep in contact and who knows, maybe I will pay a visit if possible."

Oecammi paused as they closed the exit, the transport that headed to the Burrows would stop her at the Building and move past, into the Outermark as indicated on the sign on its windows. Lumba had arranged the transport personally, taking a considerable time and personal savings to arrange it without eyes or ears making note of her business. For future profits, she reminded herself. The Tzaenkethi, however, looked at her curiously; Oecammi had never considered being one worthy of visitation and surmised that Lumba meant for a maintenance and efficiency inspection instead. Despite the Ferengi's rare display of emotion toward Oecammi's well being and the confusion that came after, the idea that Lumba would take time pay a visit made the Tzenkethi's outfit shimmer into a warm blue hue.

"This one would be pleased," Oecammi admitted, even if her melodious voice was somewhat disembodied.

"I know," Lumba said lightly as they walked out of the store and she gently shooed her aide into the transport. Oecammi took a seat by the window, if only to take a last glance at her master. She felt herself perplexed, wondering if waving was the correct thing to do, or perhaps that was too personal? She had been given a fair amount of freedom, but Lumba was a mix of contradictions that made it hard for her to ascertain reactions let alone predict them. After a moment's glance, Oecammi shifted her head forward and the transport took off; Oecammi only looked out when they cleared the border checkpoints.

It was all unfamiliar and intriguing to her; Oecammi's outfit shimmered as much. Vibrant was the foliage and dense vegetation, serene were the landscape and lake - or was it a pond? - that they passed. Was life this easy outside the bustling city? Could it be that peaceful and, dare she assume, mundane? When the transport dropped her off, Oecammi had to take a deep breath, feeling a swath of emotions she had never experienced since her first master after rank and genetic classification. Her belongings were few, thankfully, as much of the business endeavors were taken care of by the crafty Ferengi. She picked up her suitcase that housed her personal weapons and small belongings and walked a few steps before pausing. She wanted to head back to the transport, but the vehicle had sped off, leaving Oecammi to her devices.

A sigh escaped her lips, the shine turning into a lackluster medium blue to reflect her nervous and uncertain emotions coursing through her body. The Tzenkethi walked up and into the Building, peering about the lobby to notice a cluster of individuals equally as alien to her as she would be to them. Several of them were close to the front desk, at least Oecammi assumed as much that it was the front desk, and glided there as her outfit streamed a steady wave of blue that shimmered behind her.

"Greetings," she sang in greeting with a bow of her head to Volker that stood behind it, her tinsel metallic 'hair' gleaming a multitude of colors albeit subdued due to her nervous feelings. She continued, placing her long fingers against her chest, "This one apologizes for the interruption," she continued with a curt bow of her head toward the extremely pale, alabaster-like woman and the cyborg female close behind her, "but I have been reassigned here for an indeterminable period of time. Designation: Oecammi Ret Ata-EE."
Last edited by Mincaldenteans on Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:55 pm

TEAMS: SECRET OMEGA TENTACLE - Games Division

Kale nodded to the suggested course of action. Sending it out into space would deal with it instantly. She didn't know much about space, but from all the scifi she watch opening an airlock would suck it straight out. And in the void of space with no CO2, the plant would die almost instantly.

With Romulus taking charge again with the technicians, Kale herself refocused her attention to the breaching point. The plant could come back at any time and she was the only one here with the power to divert it. Though, her focus was broken when she got a good look at the bloody battlefield before here. Blood and viscera coated the floors, walls, and door near where the Skritarii breached, with a thick trail of blood going through the breach. Kale paled white at the scene, reflexively vomiting on her barricade (not much given her lack of a good meal in a while). The girl was not used to the horrors of battle, especially ones that were her own doing. She felt disgusted at herself for causing this horror. Memories of the defense of the building flashed before her, the cries of pain from the razor grass, and the bloody dreams.

"Stop thinking about that. It was an accident, you didn't intend this. It was the wildness of the magic. They were attacking us anyways..." She thought to herself, trying to reason away the disgust and stave off the thoughts. It helped a little, letting her focus back to her original plan of fending off the plant. "Focus... you got more important things to worry about that the blood..." she said to herself quietly.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Ascalon-
University of Gallimaufry at Ascalon Tower

He looked at her with wide eyes as she told him to sign up for a degree program here. He listened intensively to her as she explained to him what was needed to be done in order to do so. She even said that he could even get a full scholarship even. And he knew as much as she did that back on Earth, something like this wasn't so possible without having some special type of requirements. And money for it. But could he go back to college? He already had a degree in Animal Science; however, there was something else that he wanted to pursue. Something that he always wanted to have, but never really had the time to do so. Though he was rather embarrassed to even say what he wanted to do, for fear of getting ridiculed.

He faintly smiled, abashed now at the thought of him trying to earn a degree in culinary arts. Even if he already knew a bit, there was something about cooking and making others food and feel good that always interested and motivated him. Plus, it offered him a back-up plan for him to fall on just in case. He opened his mouth to say something, only to close it and listen to what she had to say otherwise. And the 'evidence' that he needed was quite interesting too.

Apparently, this city , which was split into two different ones, is a corrupt democracy that's supposedly ran by people who have connections to megacorperations as well as the mafia. And that even so, the mafia ran the second half, or poorer half of the city. This seemed like nothing new to Henry as he heard about these types of places on Earth. But it was still interesting as to how these mobs ran the place and earned their money. That was, of course until Demens had disrupted their power, now making the mega corps run the place in replace of them. Now things seemed to be much better off, albeit expensive as hell here. But even a good city still has skeletons in their closets. And then Amanda made an offer that he can't refuse: Not only dinner, which meant food, but a chance to see what goes on behind closed doors even to these things so he can get a 'head's start' as she called it. And her sly smile only made it even better.

Henry, reciprocated the facial expression with a smile of his own and a nod of his head. He then drunk the rest of the lemonade and threw the bottle into a nearby trash bin, letting it land perfectly inside of it with a clean 'thud' as it hit the bottom of the bin. Getting up, Henry pushed his glasses up on his face as he stretched a bit to get his body warmed up once more. "Oh yes, most indubitably. Let's do this thing, no?" He laughed as he fixed the black and blue beanie on his head to where the front of his black hair was showing and the beanie was near the back, as if it was about to fall off, though appeared snugged in place. However, there was a part of him that wanted to ask Amanda that question; as a sort of reassurance to him. Deeply sighing, Henry looked at her with his soft lilac colored eyes and asked her a question.

"Hey Amanda?", he said a little softly and almost nervous, "Do you think that I can my degree in...Culinary Arts? If they even offer that here? Do you think I have what it takes to do it?"
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 16, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:40 pm

Ascalon, University of Gallimaufry at Ascalon Tower
Saldinado wrote:Deeply sighing, Henry looked at her with his soft lilac colored eyes and asked her a question. [...] "Hey Amanda?", he said a little softly and almost nervous, "Do you think that I can my degree in...Culinary Arts? If they even offer that here? Do you think I have what it takes to do it?"

Amanda stood up, massaging one leg that had started to fall asleep. She looked Henry over for a moment. "I'm not sure about either one. Culinary Arts sounds too practical for the Arts and Letters Department and not fancy enough for the professional school. You could ask, though." She gave him a slight smile. "As to whether you're good enough, I've known you for less than a day, and I've never seen you cook, so I have no idea. Cooking isn't that hard to do, and I think that being a professional at it is like being a professional in any other field: with dedication and attention to detail, you should be just fine."

Amanda checked the time on her phone, and looked up with a face pinched by worry. "We should hurry, though. Philippe may have closed up shop already." Amanda hustled Julia and Henry back outside, barely stopping to let the receptionist know she was done with the lounge. She led them down Rue Montorgueil, a wide pedestrian street that started at the base of UGA tower and ran cross-wise from the previous shopping street. The setting sun seemed to be thinning the crowd on the street, reducing the promenade to merely busy.

Three blocks from the university, Amanda's destination became clear, as she turned towards the corner entrance of what seemed a large restaurant, Le Joyau de la Bretagne. Amanda stopped a couple of yards from the door to wait for Julia and Henry, and scanned the windows to check if it was still open. The crêperie seemed more than 'still open'; it was lively, surprising for a place that according to the hours on the door, usually closed mid-afternoon.

Ascalon, Le Joyau de la Bretagne

When the others had caught up, Amanda entered, and immediately caught the eye of a goateed man behind the counter, despite both of them being shorter than the average customer. He waved Amanda to the counter, and greeted her genially as she pressed though the crowd to reach it. He spoke rapid French, though his accent was impossible for either Henry or Julia to place. "Ah, Maître Bela, good to see you! Would you like counter service or a table today?"

She shook her head, making her curls dance; Amanda's reply was also in French. "Neither, Philippe. I'd like one of the private rooms, if they're available." She indicated Henry and Julia. "Henry is also a Francophone, but Julia speaks English, so if you wouldn't mind..." Amanda prounced 'Henry' as if it was French, like 'On-ry'.

Philippe glanced at them, switching to English. "Oui, they're open." He called for another person behind the counter to take over. He directed the group to a narrow door in the middle of the wall behind the counter; they'd have to briefly come behind the counter to reach it. He chatted to Amanda as she made her way there. "Is Monsieur le Professeur joining us as well this evening? Or perhaps others from the law school? Maybe business associates?"

The door opened to a cramped, windowless landing with a flight of stairs leading up. After the door had swung closed behind the group, Amanda answered his questions. "No, but perhaps just another one or two people."

"Ah, then you'd like the Gold Room? That would make for an intimate setting. Or something grander, like the Blue Room?"

Amanda shook her head again. "The other room, Philippe." He gave her a wary look. "The Red Room." He started to shake his head and make a gesture of confusion, but Amanda cut him off. "In the basement. Don't ask how I know."

Philippe nodded curtly. "Oui, Maître Bela." He seemed to stare into spare for a moment, and a panel opened on a wall; behind it, steep stairs led down. He gestured for the others to descend, then brought up the rear.

The Red Room wasn't red, but many details were picked out in crimson and carmine: a rose on the table, an umbrella in a painting on the wall, and so on. The room itself could best be described as cozy, with little space left over: it was nearly filled by a large circular table and a side table wedged into a corner. Amanda took charge as soon as everybody had gotten down the stairs. She turned to Philippe. "We're interested in meeting either or both of two people: Marin Noir or Corneille Jeanne. I'd like to hire them. I'm told you can arrange that. How much would that be?"

Philippe stood blinking at her. It took him several long seconds to respond, then his previous charm returned. "Monsieur le Professeur deals in rare vintages. I'd like two cases." He named a pair of expensive wines.

Amanda nodded, smiling. "Done. Sandy is heading out of town in the morning, but I'll tell him. It make take him a week or more to deliver. I assume you'll trust our credit?"

He replied airily. "Oui, oui, of course. And likewise, I may not be able to convince either one of them to join you this evening, but I will do my best to see that they come soon." He directed the group to sit, and brought them menus from the side table. They featured, as expected, different kinds of crêpes, with a variety of fruit and sauces to go with them. Philippe filled glasses with water, then went up the stairs, leaving the group with, "I'll give you a few minutes to decide while I send your message."

Partway up the stairs, he stopped and called down, "I'll have to ask your pardon, since you said not to ask, but I must know: how did you know about this room, and those two people?"

Amanda answered him with some amusement. "Not everybody who studies at the law school is interested in preserving the law as it is." Philippe nodded, apparently satisfied, and disappeared up the stairs.
Gollum died for your sins.
Power is an equal-opportunity corrupter.

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 pm

Swordplay for Dummies

"Thick hair is best hair.", Katya nodded. "On another note, now that we're, um, finished up our little foray into the woods, what was it you had in mind? I believe there was one more thing, but I'm not quite sure.", She said, sighing. "Honestly, my brain is scrambled after that fiasco. It was fun."

She tilted her head. "I'm still willing to assist with whatever you want to do."

Torii stared off into space, thinking about...something. "I prefer to sleep alone anyways, so I don't mind if you two share, or I could even strike out here and give you two a tent each.", She said. She had seemed to quickly fall silent behind them, though over what was not known.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:10 pm

TEAMS: SECRET OMEGA TENTACLE - Gardener Division

Two of the humans rapidly walked to one of the working, non-blood-splattered consoles setting the computer systems to do a station diagnostic. "Shouldn't take longer than about three minutes Romulus. The computers here are rather slow." One of the technicians shouted over the sound of more bodies being dragged out of the room, and a huvidu-zaan showing up with a mop, or at least something closely resembling it. No point letting the blood dry and cake to surfaces, and they did have enough manpower to deal with the current crisis already. Nex had paced over towards the door to watch for the plant coming back, along with helping get the bodies out of the room by tossing the ones in the barricade out of it. The room did had rather sickening sounds for those unused to violence or a significant amount of dead things being lobbed around. One or the other, either is applicable.

Meanwhile Oren had very easily noticed the mess Kale added to the room with her lunch. The huvidu-zaan cleaning did as well, though he was more annoyed than concerned. He even muttered something about humans having weak stomachs, before getting back to work. "Kale, do you need to take a breather? We probably can handle the plant without you if you're sickened by this stuff. The huvidu-zaan are rather strong and hell of good fighters, a plant shouldn't bother them."

While speaking with her, Oren lead Kale over to a chair on the far side of the room, wanting to get her away from the bloody mess made by the brief fight with the pirates. While they did that, one of the technicians let out a shout in a language that sounded somewhat similar to German. "Okay Romulus: The outer door is fine, but inner door smashed up like the door to this room. It seems like you might have to take the plant on by yourself, or with one or two huvzaan in our EVA suits."

Oren glanced over towards Garry as he said that, before looking down towards Kale again. "Okay, I spoke too soon. You might need to help coral it into the airlock before we breech the compartment. You ever weara space suit before?"

The sounds of the plant and occasional rodent screeches could be heard through the breached bulkhead, but the later was slowly dying down. Thankful news for the squeamish, less so if they didn't want sentient life to perish horrifically.

"Oh I can just share with you Oto. Though I figure we could have stayed somewhere in town. We do have the clinic there available after all. But camping can be fun!" Sterling chimed in, smiling up at the others before trotting over to the camping site he had noticed a bit ago. The pony glanced up at the sky, noting the dark clouds and wondering if it was to rain soon. It was rather late, and hard to tell.... Either way, camping might be a fun distraction, as long as his books weren't destroyed!
Last edited by Holy Lykos on Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:55 am

RAIDERS of the LOST BOOK

OPERATION: BIBLIOPHILE
DIMENSION: Gallimaufry then 257P
TEAMS: MU
RotLB

"Holodeck, simulate a pair of mouse ears." They obligingly appeared in midair in front of Nick. "Larger! A little smaller than me, and on the dragon - I mean lizard." He turned to Sandy. "It's more than just a joke, I promise! It's a reminder that even if it looks huge, we're safe and I need to stay calm."

Sandy soared to gain altitude as quickly as possible, fighting a simulated headwind and higher gravity; the others in the holodeck would see Pegasus circling just below the holodeck’s high ceiling, while the image of a fire lizard seemed to sink further and further beneath where the floor should be. Sandy kept a close eye on the lizard, carefully judging the apparent distance he had ahead and above the larger flier.

At the proper moment, Sandy tucked Pegasus’ ivory wings, and dove down to where the lizard would be. The lizard could try its best to evade him -- and in later runs of this simulation, would -- but Pegasus could simply out-maneuver the beast. This first dive, Sandy simply kept his wings and legs pressed up against his body, and collided with the lizard’s wrist chest-first.

The lizard’s wrist snapped, though Sandy had the wind knocked out of him.The safeties dulled the impact, but what Sandy felt was enough to realize that doing that for real would leave bruises at least.Recovering from the dive after the attack proved difficult, especially when one accounted for the chaos of the battlefield and the possible presence of multiple fire lizards. Perhaps the most obvious strategy, but not the most effective.

Sandy worked through a number of variations on the attack; he was treating the whole thing as a game, assisted by the huge mouse ears the lizard had. For the next version, he led with his fore-hooves, concentrating impact pressure right on the lizard’s wrist. In a real attack, this risked breaking his forelegs if the wrist or wing didn’t give.

The wrist pushed down, though a clear tension hovered between beast and sorcerer as hoof and claw pushed against each other, each seeking to break the other. Eventually, the fire lizard’s wrist snapped, though one of Sandy’s hooves slipped and snapped back, leaving it indisposed for the rest of the fight.

The next variation was with his rear hooves; the collision was a bit slower, but his hind legs could take greater stress. As predicted, this worked out fairly effectively and had the added benefit of leaving him mostly-unscathed. Sandy also tried a four-legged landing on the wing, simply to see if the lizard could bear the weight of a ton and half of winged horse. The flying lizard had some difficulty maintaining altitude and its wings strained, though it threw him off before long with a quick roll and a dive; the lizard was stronger than Sandy expected. Finally, he came in just at trailing edge of the wing, biting a huge mouthful of scales and hanging on for dear life, so see if the lizard could fly that way. He managed to get the lizard stuck in a wide arc as it attempted to throw him off, though his bite did little to pull it down or damage its wings.

Sandy repeated the whole series of attacks from chest-flop to bite with the lizard flying “in the sand” as Reigger mentioned, to see if, even if couldn’t otherwise hurt it, he could get it to drag a wingtip and tumble to the ground. The results were essentially same, the only change being that landing on the beast’s wing left it few options but to accept a drawn out crash landing.

A brown speck down on the ground yelled another possible means of hampering their foe. “The lizard’s magical! Can ...that magical hand I saw when you did alchemy grab those bits of magic?”

Sandy caught part of the beginning of what Nick said, then froze to catch the rest, entering a shallow dive as he did so. It wasn’t a bad suggestion, but impractical do in the air. Sandy let himself down in a faster dive to answer. He barely waited long enough to take his weight on his feet before cancelling the Fifth Metamorphosis, ending up just a few steps from Nick. He shook his head. “Even if I could manage the ritual as Pegasus, it would affect one scale at a time. That’s why I need to make alchemetical concentrates before isolating the magical, um, elements.”

Sandy returned to the table while the others conducted their tests. It was getting late, and he was still hungry. He picked up a miniature Dagwood sandwich, containing three layers of meat separated by two of cheese, turned around, and watched to see what results people got.

Happy as Nick was that Sandy was trying a multitude of tactics, he worried that he wouldn't get access to the dragon in time to try testing his powers. It was when he seriously considered requesting an actual toy mouse that he had an epiphany. “I am SO…” The cat shook his head. “Holodeck, simulate a...sleeping...fire lizard next to me.” He twitched his whiskers at the mass of scales. “Undo that. Simulate a living fire lizard head. Awake, but not hostile…” Clambering onto it warily, he focused. <Hello?>

The fire lizard offered a cocked head, but said nothing. It was silent, as well, for the Holodeck lacked intricate information on how these strange beings socialized or behaved with others not of their own kind. Only that which had been experienced firsthand could be replicated, and no one had yet really communicated with one of these beings and lived to tell the tale.

“Ugh. Holodeck, simulate verbal English responses from the fire lizard. Accuracy is irrelevant: I need to know if my power can get through its hide.” Seated atop the creature’s faux head, the cat decided to have some fun with the test. <Nice to meat you! What big ears you have!> Pause. <What is the meaning of leaf?> No response, but the cat continued. <What about leaves, plural?> Furry ears flicked. <This sentence is - oops. Logic bomb-ing the computer might be stupid. KNOCK. KNOCK!!> If the lizard had been real, Nick would have been roasted by this point. Not only was he making some truly tearable puns, he was also stomping all over the simulated head in efforts to find sensitive spots… Fortunately, he had no intention of goofing off when he met the real thing. It occurred to him that practicing for it a little might help. <Hello. My name is Nick, and I’m a cat. We come in -> His whiskers twitched. “Does anyone have suggestions for negotiating with this thing? I doubt they'll believe, ‘’We come in peace,’’ after being attacked.”

Sandy stopped chewing as he looked up with interest. He quickly poured a splash of water in his glass, drank it, and then swallowed hard. “You made contact? I wasn’t sure we had enough for the holodeck to guess at the lizards’ minds. But try asking the, um… simulation why it attacks convoys.”

Nick’s tail drooped. “It doesn't have enough info to even simulate the lizard’s responses, Sandy - I had to tell it to ignore accuracy, and it still doesn't seem to hear. I figured I might as well practice - but your question might work for the real thing.” <Why do you attack convoys?> Of course, there was no response. “MrrROWl!" Glaring at the unresponsive lizard head, the cat snapped, "Get rid of it."

A few moments later, waging his face, Nick muttered, “Undo. We do need to test... Sandy, could you come over here?” As the lizard was busy being attacked by Prim, it seemed reasonable...

The Baron cleared his throat and spoke potently at the heavens. “Holodeck, simulate a Yuggothian Electrostatic Discharge Generator or ‘Lightning Gun’. Abyssal Dust Core. Dimensional Arrow trigger mechanism. Hyper Communication launch mechanism.” His words were those of an engineer but his tone was almost zealous, as though he was worshipping the nonexistent program which he requested assistance from. True to his words though the holodeck granted his request as a jumble of static appeared for a second in the air above him. It only lasted a second, it wasn't a hard request just an unusual one. Eventually a silvery grey lump of metal, plastic, and fungoid material fell into Primordials hands.

The tool was clearly not designed for human hands and Primordial coiled his fist around it, awkwardly resting each of his fingers on an irregular bump or groove on its surface. The slick metal bulb looked like a polished rock of some singular aquatic type. But it was covered in a maze of knotted metal wires and unnatural protrusions. Their wasn't even a clear point off fire on the weapon and there was no symmetry to any part of it. The only distinguish part was the clump of fungus hanging off of its bottom like a clutch of fruit.

“Very nice,” he said. He was surprised the deck could produce such a complex and unnatural device.

Primordial waited until no one was currently engaging the simulation to test out his own attack on it. Taking a near in a shooters stance and holding his arm out straight, he held his other hand partially over his face. He was shielding himself from his own weapon as though he worried it might discharge while also keeping his eyes on the lizard.

His fingers stretched over the sleek metallic weapon as he finally squeezed, triggering several unseen fire mechanisms built into its irregular surface. Sound went out of the room for a moment as the air seemed to suddenly move towards Primordial. Then there was a blinding beam of white hot lightning which shot forward from the device. Arcing-bolts of burning hot energy far exceeding the temperatures the scales were supposed to be able to withstand shot forward. The bolt stayed together in a single beam for most of its journey, but towards the end it began to peel apart like the branches of a tree as dozens of smaller strands sought targets.

Primordial’s shot was good. Not perfect, and he missed the ideal target by a few feet, but it still struck the more vulnerable part of the wing with the majority of the largest bolt. Other smaller bolts cascaded across the thing’s wing and the side of its body.

It appeared to be effective, stunning the lizard for a moment and sending it into freefall. However, as the lizard plummeted, the charge in its body seemed to arc out, dissipating into the air in a light-show of crackling and thunder as the beast regained a measure of control over its body. Though still twitching erratically, it pulled out of its dive and successfully regained altitude, albeit with a significantly-disrupted flight pattern and a much slower rate of ascent.

When the scenario reset, the Baron stood back up to bat. “Allow me to test something very quickly if you would indulge me.”

Casting his arms wide like a puppeteer, he reached into the air and took ahold of the unseen threads of reality and his mind. Energy and imagination become one as he felt his way astrally through the air. Balling his hands up he connected with a small fragment of kinetic energy and focused it into a hard ball of raw force and impact. A solid object made out of pure energy appeared for a split second, but it came with a cost: Mind, Body or Spirit. Primordial chose spirit and let the eldritch foci in his staff bleed into his body, allowing him to avoid any damage that split the very reality around him might cause. Rather than shaving off memories or trading flesh for power, he turned the psychic afterbirth of his daily life into a battery. It created the heavy orbs of kinetic force which Primordial swung hard at the holo-lizard’s wings.

They moved invisibly through the air with a massive amount of force, impacting like a mace against the creature’s more fragile flying limbs. As soon as they impacted and did their damage, Primordial let the kinetic constructs fall apart. Maintaining them would require energy he didn’t have and, like a deflated balloon, he wheezed with sudden exhaustion.

Sandy dropped the last bite of his sandwich on his plate and rushed over to the Baron, a worried look on his face. “Are you all right? I hadn’t realized your magic was so demanding; perhaps we should simulate it for the rest of the session, now that we know that it will work.” Primordial indicated he was, so Sandy went over to see what Nick wanted.

CAT XIII
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby CAT XIII » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:38 pm

Oto wondered at Torii's silence but didn't question her on it. After all, she herself was known to space out very often and usually it was merely because she was in deep thought about something.

She responded to Sterling,

"Cool! I thought we could camp because I enjoyed it so much on the night of the explosion. Although misery, grief and confusion were scattered everywhere, we somehow managed to pull through and it actually ended up being a good night," she smiled and her hair grew more vivid.

She stopped for a moment before asking, "Do you want to stay here or do you want to explore for a while?"

To be honest, she didn't mind what they did. Of course she really wanted to explore the village but she was happy with doing whatever. She was more worried about the impending threat of rain.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:31 pm

Building

Giovenith gasped as Argus ran off, about to go after him, but stood back when she saw that he had only been going to greet his father. Thaddeus was actually his birth father, unlike Marcus, right? It seemed to be so from the way the old cyborg held him, and she decided to just let it be.

"You won't have to worry about paying rent," she tossed in to the exchange. "And after this, I can get you your soup."
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

Swordplay for Dummies

"Hmmm," Macy pondered and chuckled, "I think that should be enough for one day, hehe. I bet you are feeling drained. We can do this again tomorrow. Plus I may need to ummm, clean myself."

She waved at Katya and went up the stairs, returning to her room without much incident. Once she entered, she returned her sword to its holding frame and went into the bathroom to clean herself. Macy didn't use the shower or the bathtub but instead she used a sponge to rub the dirt off her body. For her hair, she used shampoo and some careful rinsing.

After she was clean, she wrapped herself with two towels and went to put on a new set of clothes, this time a striped V-neck shirt paired with shorts.

Hmmm, Macy began to entertain a couple of thoughts in her head. Maybe I should want to try out the training room tonight. After all, I'm going to be spending much of the day training with Katya tomorrow, so I could use the free time I have to have a go there. Maybe. Yeah, I should want to go there.

She took her sword again from the wall, not minding that it needed some cleaning out, went around the table she split, and went out the door. She arrived at the 5th Floor and began looking for this training room, which she found without much problem.

"Outer Limit, huh?" she stopped and read the sign. Doesn't seem like a good name for an indoor training facility, but anything goes. As she entered, Macy was greeted by a room which was mostly empty, save for the standard floor and four walls layout. The holodeck bleeped, registering Macy's presence and its AI noted she had brought a personal weapon with her. The weapon was already in its database, and unfortunately for Macy, said weapon was not on the list of exemptions. A disembodied female voice filled in a moment later, "WARNING: Class two weapon detected, please remove restricted item outside the holodeck. All weapons' specifications can be simulated."

"Oh?" she drew her sword and stopped. Guess she can't be using her sword in here, she supposed. So she went outside the holodeck and placed her sword outside, coming back to the holodeck right after. It should know what kind of weapon she'd wield by now, and know it did. After entering the holodeck, the room generated a model of her sword in her hand. It felt just as real and heavy.

What would be the first thing that Macy would want to simulate? "Oh!" she exclaimed. "I think I'll do some kind of setting in an enchanted forest! Yes, let's do that!"

After specifying what she wanted, the AI complied and began to do its work. Projections came from the walls, the floor, and the ceiling, enveloping Macy beneath twisting trees and on thick grass. Small critters went up and down the trees and crawled on the ground, and pixies hovered just above the forest floor. A path of light lit up before her as if to lead her to some important place. Macy followed the path until she reached a plane of chiseled stone. One of the blocks sank under her foot, and the stones in front of her formed a staircase that led down. Curious, the android walked down and down, arriving in a dark corridor lit by torches. Taking one of them she continued to walk down the tunnel, unsure of what lay in this dungeon.
Last edited by Stormwrath on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:19 pm

Ascalon
University of Gallimaufry at Ascalon Tower

"Well we'll just have to change that!" He said with a more determined look on his face. "I will one day make you a meal that you will never forget; though it'll have to be later on in the future because I don't have any money or such things.", he mumbled the last of his sentence before placing a hand on his chin and looked down contemplatively. He then looked up at her and smiled. "But when I do, I will make sure to have made special for you. And I'm already pretty good in the Arts, so some more practicality should be in order I guess. But maybe even more creativity can be well also." Henry chuckled.

Soon after finishing his request and grabbing another bottle of lemonade before leaving, Henry followed his tour guide as this point to where the place they mentioned earlier. And all the while on the way there, he casually hummed to himself some music on his phone while looking around at the University and everything surrounding the large structure. However, upon seeing the orange, yellow, and blue of the sky as the sun was beginning to set, the young man realized where they were going, for which his eyes seemed to sparkle in amazement and excitement. A restaurant; and a lively one too seeing the amount of activity was going on in the place.

Ascalon
Le Joyau de la Bretagne

Walking in, Henry followed Amanda where they ran into a man with a goatee who was more than likely one of those receptionist people. Following behind her, he listened to the both of them talk; the man spoke French given the way he pronounced his words and such, but in an accent that was completely unknown to him. He slightly tilted his head and scratched it as he saw the two talk so causally to each other. "She sure is prominent around here; I wonder if she has connections to some powerful people?" Henry quietly said to himself as he followed them to presumingly be seated. But where they were leaded seemed...Strange at the most.

The Red Room? I've heard about something called the Red Room back on Earth. Oh my god, is this what I think this is?! No, it can't be! Hopefully...

Sighing softly, he followed them downstairs where they were lead to a room that had a more, regal, Victorian taste by the look of things. As he heard the two talk about a deal of some sort, Henry looked up at the painting that hung up in the wall next to them. He'd seen that painting many times, and has always wondered what it was about and who were these people. Just thinking about it made him faintly smile to himself.

"Well if I were to know who these people were, and what it was about, than there would just be no point at looking at it anymore. Just takes away the fun, curiosity, and overall creativity of a person if they weren't to use their own minds and make out their own stories with this picture." He said to himself out loud. "Art is a great thing." But his mind was caught by something else. What the man, who was apparently named 'Philippe' question Amanda about her motives, for which she replied with an answer that was almost philosophical to the ears of the young man. He softly laughed as he looked at her, and asked her a question as well.

"Well what exactly do you mean by that? Is it perhaps that someone is trying to change a law or some sort so that they can have the ball in their court?" He said with a little chuckle as he continued to look at the painting with his hands behind his back.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Ganonsyoni
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Ganonsyoni » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:36 pm

While Kale tried to keep a serious face, Oren could see the nausea. She tried to keep an eye on the breach, but nausea and disgust made her look away. Combined with the use of her magic to combat the plant, she was pretty tired. "I guess..." Kale responded to Oren. She let the native woman take her away from the scene.

Taken and placed in a chair away from the bloody mess, Kale was feeling a bit better. The image of it still stained her mind, but at least she wasn't looking at it anymore. She took a few deep, calming breathes before Oren talked to her again. As soon as Oren brought up going in a space suit, her mood flipped from seriousness to wonder. Her eyes were practically sparkling at Oren, her mouth wide opened as she sputtered out the word "L-like and astronaut?!?!" First she was in space, and now she was gonna wear a space suit. Despite all that had happen so far, her day kept on getting better. It also helped make her forget about the horrible nightmare scene she just witnessed, fully replaced with child-like excitement. Her face and reaction screamed excited newbie.
New and Improved version of "The Carlisle"
MtF transperson, goes by she/her/hers
Call me Carly

“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.” - Orwell

"I'm a god damn Sage"

Chedastan
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 25, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Chedastan » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 pm

Romulus was at least satisfied to have been confirmed back from one of the technicians on whether the doors worked or not, and apparently only the outer one was in any good shape to still be operating. He partly felt he should've known already that only half or so of the systems must've still been working at this point, though he couldn't help but still feel sorta surprised that it was the case out of pure habit.

He felt reluctant as well in having to fight the plant monstrosity that Kale spawned, though he at least had some comfort in knowing that at least one of the HZ scientists were going to help him in his endeavor, he just hoped it'll go by more quickly with the extra help. He turned his head to looked down at Kale, having since noticed her unease, presumably from the violence around them and possibly the horrifying beast she had unintentionally made. He wasn't that surprised by her understandable response, Kale was obviously no warrior nor someone conditioned for warfare, as even with or without her plant powers, she was still just a young, and very inexperienced girl.

He speculated though within a decade she'll likely prove herself to be even more potent and deadly, yet possess greater skill with her powers. Having noted the literal dying down of the sounds being made by the remaining pirates, he stepped towards where Kale was being suited up and turned his head towards Oren. "So it's me, Kale, and a HZ in another suit then, huh? Well whoever decides to come along better be suited up real soon, because I can hear that thing finishing up the last of those poor pirate bastards down there. We need to get down that corridor quickly if we can guarantee that thing will be there for long." He said to him and to anyone else in earshot in general.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:00 am

Caer Gloriana

Clover raised an eye at Brit's hardened spirit but felt no offense at it. Better to have somepony cold but set on the task than to constantly chaperone those who had neglected their studies for parties. Her eyes traveled to Chrys and took on a more concerned edge, walking over and gently placing a hoof on her back.

"None of this has been going as well as I had hoped," she said. "And for that, I apologize. It would have been better to not have partitioned those who are already in such a delicate situation to assist with our city's problems." She levitated a small bedazzled canteen from her robes and offered it to Chrys. It was important to stay hydrated, especially after the rush they'd been through.

Arrow and Razzalia would be a burden, and Clover was half-tempted to abandon to these caves on their own as punishment for their foolishness, but her conscious said otherwise. With the princess missing, the responsibility of insuring these ponies' safety fell to her (not like it wasn't already her job from the start what with all the competence Platinum possessed), and her prime duty to protect the crown heir stood - who knew what terrible things Platinum could have been going through right now. Clover took a deep breath, held it, and slowly released... she couldn't help her friends with panic, but logic.

"Chrys is right, Brit," she said, taking her bag off. "Just wait one second. We have to collect our bearings and make our plans. Chrys is right about another thing - what are you two doing here?"

Razzalia was about to answer when Arrow answered first. "We came to stop the Umbrum! We're way more experienced than you or the princess."

Clover raised an eye. "Really now?"

"Yes," Arrow raised her own eye right back. "What? You think just because we don't get along that I wouldn't share some goals with you? I live here too you know, it's not like I want them rising up out of these caves and trying to kill us all like they did last time."

"Last time?"

"Yes, last time!" she threw her forelegs up. "You and the princess were just little babies then, that's exactly why we're better for this than you. I was there, you weren't."
she/her

Northwest Slobovia
Postmaster-General

Anarchy

Postby Northwest Slobovia » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:39 pm

Ascalon, Le Joyau de la Bretagne
Saldinado wrote:"Well what exactly do you mean by that? Is it perhaps that someone is trying to change a law or some sort so that they can have the ball in their court?" He said with a little chuckle as he continued to look at the painting with his hands behind his back.

Amanda had started to look over the menu, but put it down to answer Henry. She hardly needed to look at it anyway; other than the specials, it rarely changed. "Oh, much more than that. Some of us would level the playing field at the very least, or perhaps change the entire game to something that would directly benefit the people of Ascalon. They're probably tired of being used as the ball in the 'corps vs mobs game."

She caught Henry's gaze. "You're a fan of Seurat? Or one of the schools he belonged to? Pointillism has never done much for me as art, but I have to concede that they've won in the end."

Fvaarniimar
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Fvaarniimar » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Rmwtyliin looked up, eyes very wide. I could suggest reasoning with them, treatment if they stop - Some seconds later, she slapped a hand over her mouth as she dashed behind the alien medical student, clutching their finished games in her right hand.

Of course reasoning with pirates wasn't likely to work.  Rmwtyliin knew that. I MUST try to stop the bloodshed... Yet they were out of time. Her stomach sank, and she flushed, embarrassed.

As far as she knew, Bencar didn't care for violence either, and yet he was defending her without complaint. Meanwhile she was concerned for those who would hurt them both? Quite nearly still as stone, Rmwtyliin thought.

Stop complaining.
I should help.
Could try spitting my needle -
and yet she could not bring herself to risk a relic of her past, even if it was in defense.

Hide. Hide as well as I can. Hostages complicate things - prevention helps, too.

Under chair - not without exposing myself. Closet -

And yet she'd delayed too long for any such solution. Behind a massive foot Rmwtyliin hid, prone and pressed against a wall, and one more possibility occurred to her. Quiet out there. Would we be safer outside? Someone big is coming. If it's Venla...I can't write now, or talk, but... Could the game paper go under the door? They know of us...

Slowly, the little human bunched herself up again. Even more slowly, she reversed herself, turning to face the door before crawling forward. She didn't dare consult Bencar aloud, but made a point of brushing tendrils to alert him. If they moved to impede her progress, she'd abandon the plan promptly.
Come to the light side.  We have teamwork, waffles, popcorn, grape juice, and way too much ramen.

Unless one is a genealogist, therapist, geneticist, or FBI agent - who is acting within the scope of their job - to claim that anyone is wrong about their own identity is not merely absurd but also extremely rude.

Holy Lykos
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Lykos » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:02 pm

With a grunt, Bencarr nodded, assuming that Rwm was trying to head for the door. He'd heard someone moving towards it and knew he could assume they were a friend from the weight of the footsteps. It had to be one of the larger Huvidu-zaan in the station: Venla, Nex, or Cail. Bencarr kept himself quiet as he waited, hoping the pirates would simply continue on. They hadn't been particularly loud after all. Either way Bencarr was preparing to fight. Like Rmw knew, he didn't like to fight at all. But they were under threat and it would be stupid to just sit around and let themselves be killed.

"Door should open rather easily if we get near it." Bencarr grumbled, stepping back towards it only a bit. If they got out of the room they could lock it and wait for someone else to come in and clear out the enemies. "I can lock it on the other side, and keep them off of us until we get out."

The small, for his species at least, alien tried making himself bigger as he spoke, getting into more of a fighting stance, along with the fungal infestation of him expressing itself more by spreading out into more and more tentacles, creating a swarm of limbs that writhed and reached, along with blocking any sight of the small human. No point letting them know they had such a vulnerable target. Even a small huvidu-zaan was massive after all.

"And stay behind me. I'm not going to let them hurt you, friend."

The native woman sighed, and then smiled. She was glad that the prospect of going out into space excited Kale. She'd almost forgotten she was from a rather primitive version of humanity, who hadn't made much past their first steps into space. Though most humans tended to stay on their home planets even now. Oren has simply gotten more used to outer space than most.

"Good, glad you're on board Kale. The suits are rather sturdy so it will take a bit of punishment before tearing. Some huvidu-zaan alloy I believe. Moves comfortably and easily, provides enough protection to keep you alive in a fight."

She offered a hand to help Kale up, gesturing towards a small room off of this main one, one of the only rooms not in the main two branches. It was pretty much just a supply closet. "Should be a human suit in there. Could you help get the last of the bodies out of the way while I help Kale get ready, Romulus?" Nex grunted, and padded over towards the room Oren had mentioned.

"I'll head with you two. It is my station." The old alien gruffly stated as he opened up the closet to get one of the suits on. "Plus I've had the most experience fighting aliens of the researchers here. No argument about this."
Pansexual Polyamorous
Autistic
Agnostic
Anarcho-Syndicalist
Comp Sci Major
History Enthusiast
Furry

Official Squirrel
of
Personification Life

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:06 pm

Groundtown

"I-I really don't know," Sky admitted reluctantly, folding her ears. "I didn't even know what the tools were before today let alone the science behind them. That's probably something Cookie will know, or maybe the Chancellor. I can only guess that maybe somebody mistook it for extra soil or fertilizer or something..."

As they walked, Cornie pointed to a distant direction in the woods. "We keep the death pile waaaaaaaaay back there, Mister! It's an old mountain ditch. We used to put 'em in the cemetary y'see, but the ground was too hard to dig and there were too many, so we just started putting them in there. It's nice and far away from us, but it's real sad to look at, especially when you see little ponies in there. And it's kinda filling up faster than we'd like."

SkyWishes nodded in grim confirmation.

Soon, the small group came upon Cornie's home, which he ran up to excitedly and had a warm, tearful reunion with his mother. The little colt explained his new friends' predicament, and although Cornie's mother gave Rache the same deer-eyed stare as her son had, a quick reassurance from SkyWishes settled things and allowed the lady of the house to fetch a piping bowl of soup and blankets for Aegis. Unlike what Sky had served at her inn, it was warm, thick, and flavorful, true food that would be served more freely if not for the famine.

"We don't have much," the mother admitted with a smile while hugging her child close. "But it's the absolute least I can do to thank you for bringing home my Cornie. No more far away chores for him!"

"Mrs. Cornucopia, you wouldn't happen to know anything about the contact tools, would you?" SkyWishes ventured. "You know, the black powder for in case emergency contact to the other tribes is needed."

"Oh, that ol' stuff?" the mare searched her memory. "I really only remember seeing it used once or twice when I was a little girl! It makes big, beautiful bursts of color in the sky it does! Like a million shooting stars in a circle! I so wished we could have used it more, for fun, but it was for emergencies only."

"But you don't know what happened to it?"

"No, it should be where ever it's usually kept? I'm afraid I don't know much beyong what I've said. Is something wrong?"

SkyWishes shook her head. "No, nothing you need to worry about. You should just focus on staying inside, it seems like the blizzard is going to start up again..." She looked toward the sky, watching the sky turn a soupy green as the thundersnow's beginnings continued to stir. "It's probably going to be worse this time."

"Oh, we won't be hurt!" the mother exchanged a smile with her son. "We ein't pegasi like your friend over there, but our family has been learning to track their weather works for generations! See?"

The mare pointed up to the roof of her humble home, atop which stood several weather vanes and other wind-catching devices twirling round and around on their axises.

"Whenever that awful blizzard's about to start up, we know it! This ein't the typical blizzard that's been beatin' down us, we may get a gentle dusting, but this one ein't flying our way. It'll skip us."

"That's odd," Sky rubbed the back of her head thoughtfully. "Ever since the winter came, all the cities have been getting hit full force."

"See where the rooster's pointing?" Cornie pointed out the weather vanes again. "That means it's going on waaaaaay over there!" He pointed to the distance, over the treetops and toward the far, fogged out, north-western mountains that the edge Cynisca, where Rache and Willow had had their first battle with the ghouling, treaded on. "We'll all be safe!"
she/her

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse