NATION

PASSWORD

Democritus Regional Senate (Democritus Only)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:07 pm

All proposals unless marked as urgent pass after 48 hours if they have a majority.
Last edited by New Metropolitan France on Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:09 pm

New Metropolitan France wrote:All proposals unless marked as urgent pass after 48 hours if they have a majority.

it passes!
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:06 am

DRS Proposal: Landmine & Trap Regulation Convention

Understanding that during wartime, nations use devices to counter the enemy, whether that be in the form of a landmine, snare or other traps, most commonly referred to as 'booby traps'.

Noting that once a conflict is put to rest, that these devices continue to litter the streets, either because they are left purposely, they're faulty or have not been used in warfare (as seen in the Greco-Turkish War).

Remembering that it is not the best interest of any moral nation to inflict injury on innocent civilians.

Yet noting that civilians are at the forefront of landmine and booby trap casualties, during and especially after a war has ended, creating a false sense of security.

In hope to rebuild post-war ravaged and war ravaging nations, declares:

- Declares all nations who utilise traps, of any kind, to be accountable for their traps.
- Declares that once peace returns even to a village previously in the midst of war, that any mines or traps are to be deactivated.
- Enforces strict penalties of 100,000 USD for each trap still active, within 6 months of peace.
- Encourages nations not to use 'booby traps'.

AYE: Puertollano, Empire of the United Kindgom, United democratic Christian States, The Turkish State, Greater Persian State, Orostan, New Metropolitan France

NAY:

DRS Proposal: Warcrimes Accountability Act

Defines warcrimes as: "Comitting violent acts on innocent, civilian and medical populations (the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians in one action constitutes as a single warcrime, whereas the killing of any medical personnel would be a warcrime), as well as targeting masses of people without full disclosure of the individuals military alignment."

Defines innocent as: "Individuals who have no alignment with a belligerent military, who have not taken militaristic action, or have not organised militaristic action. An individual not aligned with terrorist or militant groups, has not taken action with a militant or terrorist group, have not organised militant-terrorist behaviour and action."

Acknowledging that various nations have committed atrocities, resulting in unneeded civilian and innocent casualties.

Understanding that this must be stopped by a governing body to prevent these from occurring again.

Shocked that it isn't already illegal for a nation to comitt a warcrime.

-Declares the act of committing a warcrime illegal, warcrime being defined above.
-Declares that once a nation has been suspected of committing a warcrime, that a 3rd Party DRS investigation would be launched to analyse and punish said nation accordingly.

AYE: Puertollano, Empire of the United Kingdom, United democratic Christian States, The Turkish State, Greater Persian State, Orostan, New Metropolitan France

NAY:
Last edited by Puertollano on Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Empire of the United Kingdom
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:10 am

The British Delegation applaud the excellent definition of what a warcrime actually is, and also for nations to take responsibility for traps they leave behind. The British Delegation forward and agree to both proposals, and encourage others to for the benefit of the civilian populace.
I'm very good at integral and differential calculus;
I know the scientific names of beings animalculous:
In short, in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral,

I am the very model of a modern Major-General.
=======*=======

United Democratic Christian States
Minister

Founded: Sep 29, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:15 am

Aye

Aye
Call me Greg (my IRL name) or UDCS. Whichever works best for you.

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "
-Acts 10:28

The Turkish State
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Turkish State » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:19 am

Aye Aye Captain
- GO CHP -
Please note: Not an actual Turk IRL, I just like the country (well, not what Erdogan is doing with it)

Greater Persian State
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater Persian State » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:34 am

Aye
Aye
I don't use NS Stats
Democritus Member

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:38 pm

Nay

Orostan
Negotiator

Founded: May 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Orostan » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:00 pm

AYE AYE

*fires cannon*
“It is difficult for me to imagine what “personal liberty” is enjoyed by an unemployed hungry person. True freedom can only be where there is no exploitation and oppression of one person by another; where there is not unemployment, and where a person is not living in fear of losing his job, his home and his bread. Only in such a society personal and any other freedom can exist for real and not on paper.” -J. V. STALIN
Ernest Hemingway wrote:Anyone who loves freedom owes such a debt to the Red Army that it can never be repaid.

Napoleon Bonaparte wrote:“To understand the man you have to know what was happening in the world when he was twenty.”

Cicero wrote:"In times of war, the laws fall silent"

#FreeNSGRojava
Z

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Nay for both: we feel a longer time period for trap removal is required. We also believe that the proposed definition of war crime could constitute even the smallest scale of shelling on a city should it injure even one civilian. The kind of regulation in conflict proposed in unfeasible, and so we feel a better definition is required.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:37 pm

British Delegation acknowledges this point and retains at neutral for both until a unanimous agreement on time period and numbers are compiled.

=======*=======

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:47 pm

After the announcement by the French delegate the Prussian vote has been changed to Nay on both. Due to a "flaw they didn't see before"

"[28] He said to them: 'You are well aware that it is against our law for a Jew to associate with or visit a Gentile. But God has shown me that I should not call anyone impure or unclean.' "

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 pm

The bills have been edited in accordance to the advice given. An additional 4 months has been added to the time to clear any land mines from peaceful zone, giving 6 months in total before fines are made. The warcrimes has also been edited to be more specific, making it the killing of 50 or more innocent civilians deserving of a warcrime.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:42 pm

"The French Republic hereby changes our votes to aye for both proposals."

La Federacion de Iberia
Political Columnist

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby La Federacion de Iberia » Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:19 am

Nay to the war crimes. Abstain from the other.
Last edited by La Federacion de Iberia on Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:56 am

Puertollano wrote:The bills have been edited in accordance to the advice given. An additional 4 months has been added to the time to clear any land mines from peaceful zone, giving 6 months in total before fines are made. The warcrimes has also been edited to be more specific, making it the killing of 50 or more innocent civilians deserving of a warcrime.

Would it be 50 total people or 50 people from 1 bomb?

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:24 pm

United democratic christian states wrote:
Puertollano wrote:The bills have been edited in accordance to the advice given. An additional 4 months has been added to the time to clear any land mines from peaceful zone, giving 6 months in total before fines are made. The warcrimes has also been edited to be more specific, making it the killing of 50 or more innocent civilians deserving of a warcrime.

Would it be 50 total people or 50 people from 1 bomb?

50 people in a single action.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Minister

Father Knows Best State

Postby United Democratic Christian States » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:52 pm

Puertollano wrote:
United democratic christian states wrote:Would it be 50 total people or 50 people from 1 bomb?

50 people in a single action.

Vote changed back to aye.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of the United Kingdom » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:11 am

Vote is aye for both, all war crimes should be discussed in the court. We have the time and manpower to do so.

=======*=======

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:15 pm

For everyone who just wrote a single 'AYE' or 'NAY', could you clarify which bill?
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:25 pm

Akksum puts their backing for the bills on the table, Aye.
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:20 pm

Consider the time limit suspended while this is clarified.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:39 pm

Edited War Crime Accountability Act: it now reads: 'the indiscriminate killing of innocent civilians..'
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Metropolitan France
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby New Metropolitan France » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:43 pm

Assuming nobody objects to the wording change and withdraws their support, they both pass.

Zackaroth
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 28, 2004
Father Knows Best State

Postby Zackaroth » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:58 pm

DRS Proposal: Eastern and Western Syria Act

Acknowledge that Syria has now become a failed state twice and has threatened the security of the Middle East and it's surrounding nations.

Acknowledge both Persia and Zackaroth have a vested interested in keeping Syria stable.

Understand that repeated attempts of imposing democracy upon the nation have failed and future prospects look grim.

Propose a split of the nation with Western Syria under Zackarothian jurisdiction and Eastern under Persian.

Understand that both Zackaroth and Persia will be responsible for their areas of control and pledge to rebuild, aid and manage said areas.

Understand this is not an annexation of Syria for either country, however in the near future both sides will be able to vote on reunification, become an independent country or join their host nation. Should reunification win, it will be up to the DRS to impose limits,if any, on Syria to ensure a third collapse does not happen.
AYE:New Metropolitan France United democratic christian states Zackaroth Greater Persian State Akksum
NAY: The Southern Slavic State

Last edited by Zackaroth on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates