NATION

PASSWORD

Gods Among Us: City of the Gods (IC|Superhero|Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 30, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Gods Among Us: City of the Gods (IC|Superhero|Closed)

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:57 pm

-----Gods Among Us-----

-----City of the Gods-----

-----OOC-----

-----The Sandbox-----

What does a Sandbox mean?
I will be OP, Dyelli will be Co-OPs.

Nothing can happen outside of Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx, and Staten Island. You can get calls from out of state, but all actions and effects must happen inside the city proper.

You can have as many characters as you want from any organization you like (So long as they aren't part of another thread).

You will not be allowed to organize any event that COULD potentially destroy more that 1/5th of the city without MY permission. You cannot actually destroy that much of the city without MY permission and other being given sufficient chance to stop the plot.

No world/universe/multiverse ending events. Rob a bank, kidnap a rich guy, do something mundane for once.

No one will control the world, city, state, or federal government except me and Co-OPs who have my permissions. People are aware that the government has ways to deal with things. Don't think of them as an army of goons. They will kill even top tier characters who act in ways that require them to.

No one will control the citizen's general response except me and my Co-OPs with my permissions.

No one will mess with the foundational elements of space and time without me or my Co-OPs with my permissions. If you don't know whats a foundational element ask.

Unless you ask NYC is EXACTLY like it is in the real world. Building for building. If you want a skyscraper or a secret underground lab you need to ask for it.

What does a sandbox imply?
People will work together. You could go off an have your own stories without anyone else. But that is boring, please try to incorporate others as much as possible.

People will keep me and the Co-OPs in the loop. Send me an occasional text with your plans and what is going on.

People will stop turning organizations into their own personal armies. This goes for me too. The Knight will have three members and hopefully a few of you will make up some members for them as well. Three is a good numbers, try not to have more than that many people run by you on a team like that. If it can't be helped, fine but at least try.

-----The Rules-----

• OP's word is Law. The Co-Op's word is heavily favored.
  • Our OP is Primordial Luxa,
  • For the sake of fairness, only OP’s and Co-OP’s will RP the Governments of the world/general population etc.
  • If you do something as stupid as this, OP’s and Co-OP’s reserve the right to tell you your character is dead.
  • PG-13/Sex/Violence
    We may have minors ergo our IC and OOC are PG-13. Keep it that way. GAU is not the place to act out your violent or sexual fantasies. Violence and sex are allowed, of course, but we employ a "fade to black" or peripheral violence rule rather than expose minors to graphic content or obscene material. You can obtain further guidance here. Explicit rape is taboo. NPCs are not there to be spindled, mutilated and torn apart unless of course; it's combat.

• Role Play Etiquette
    • Godmodding and metagaming are not allowed. Do not kill other players character without their permission and remember that it is up to a character's owner to determine to what degree and attack affect them. However, the reverse is true and if you don't list appropriate damage to a character when they should suffer some sort injury that is also Godmodding.
    • We don't use multi-colored or oddly formatted fonts for dialog. We also don't use asterisks to denote action. You must use proper punctuation and grammar; we aren't here to teach basic English.
    • If you have a problem with a player, take it to TG. If that does not work, bring it to the OP or a CoOP's attention. Do not turn the OOC thread into chaos.
    • Bogging down other players through lack of posts or low-quality posts without offering satisfactory OOC explanation (esp. if posting of high quality in other RPs) will earn a warning; further problems will lead to player removal from the roster.
    • If your character(s) are a vital part of the current event(s) and you don't post IC within a sufficient timeframe, OP’s and Co-OP’s will take over the running of your characters until you return. If it looks like you aren't planning to (and I will make every effort to contact you), OP’s and Co-OP’s may kill them off in a manner they find amusing.

• Character Creation
    • Generally, just don't make your character too overpowered. To keep this RP fun for everyone, please try to pitch your characters at the Batman/Spiderman/Daredevil/Green Arrow level of power. Do not pitch them at the Superman/Dr. Manhattan level of power.
    • DO NOT simply post links to Superpower Wiki pages, these are not detailed and usually always overpower and over complicated. DESCRIBE your characters power and give examples of how strong, weak or variable a power is.
    • When describing a power keep in mind three important factors; Range, Mass, and Speed. Range: How far can you breathe fire? What range does an object have to be in for you to control? How far can you run before you get tired? Mass: How much can your super strength life? How much copper can you turn into gold at once? How much metal can your magnetism move at once? Speed: How quickly can you fly? How long does it take to charge your eye beams? How quickly can you fly? How long does it take you to turn into a werewolf?
    • If you do have a character who is ludicrously overpowered and you feel they are necessary for the plot for some reason, please let OP’s and Co-OP’s know why you want them in and what you intend to do with them.
    • The following powers are NOT allowed without very good reason or a significant weakness. Mind Control, Power Replication, or Immortality.
    • You can have as many characters as you want, but please start with one or two and take the time to develop them and add your back catalog gradually. Also, do not use this to create a legion of sidekicks for your hero. If you want to build a super-team, try to work with other players.
    • This is an RP for original characters, it is absolutely fine to draw inspiration from something else, but if you are drawing so much inspiration that you might as well be playing the character that inspires you then what’s the point.
    • Keep the RP religion-sensitive. If you want to RP the existence of any god or member of a religion, be respectful.
  • Scale and Story
    • One of the biggest problems faced by modern superhero stories is the issue of escalation. The earth can only be in jeopardy so many times before it becomes boring. After you save the earth fifteen times from Thanosied before it becomes a boring to see people stop a bank robbery. Because of this, we will strive to make earth-shattering events few and far between so they keep their impact. Villains should rob banks, take hostages and do other traditional villain things. So if you want to have a villain kill more than 12 people in a single instant as part of there scheme you will need permission.
    • The vast majority of people in this setting get their powers from being a Meta-human. A person with a Meta-gene that has been stimulated by stress, science, or magic and has altered that person's physiology. There is only one meta-human per 100,000 people. For every meta-human, there are two people with an untapped Meta-gene that could modify them into a weak meta-human. Your powers can be from anything imaginable but the classification for humans that have powers is meta-human.
    • A major part of RPing is give and take. When you write a post you are not just writing for yourself, you are incorporating other people's characters, themes, and ideas. If you write as though only your characters matter and other people characters aren't important then you aren't really RPing.

See the OOC
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:50 am, edited 13 times in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Factbook (underconstruction)
Personification Life and GAU Posts
Luxan Imperial Narcotics (The ONLY narcotics store on GE&T)

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:57 pm

-----New York City-----

The City of New York, often called New York City, New York, or simply The City, is the most populous city in the United States. Located at the southern tip of the state of New York, the city is the center of the New York metropolitan area, one of the most populous urban agglomerations in the world. With a U.S. Census Bureau-estimated 2015 population of 8,550,405 distributed over a land area of just 305 square miles (790 km2), New York is also the most densely populated major city in the United States.

Situated on one of the world's largest natural harbors, New York City consists of five boroughs, each of which is a separate county of New York State. The five boroughs – Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, The Bronx, and Staten Island – were consolidated into a single city in 1898. The city and its metropolitan area constitute the premier gateway for legal immigration to the United States, and as many as 800 languages are spoken in New York, making it the most linguistically diverse city in the world.

Many districts and landmarks in New York City have become well known, and the city received a record of nearly 60 million tourists in 2015, hosting three of the world's ten most visited tourist attractions in 2013. Several sources have ranked New York the most photographed city in the world. Times Square, iconic as the world's "heart" and its "Crossroads", is the brightly illuminated hub of the Broadway Theater District, one of the world's busiest pedestrian intersections, and a major center of the world's entertainment industry. The names of many of the city's bridges, tapered skyscrapers, and parks are known around the world. Anchored by Wall Street in the Financial District of Lower Manhattan, New York City has been called both the most economically powerful city and the leading financial center of the world, and the city is home to the world's two largest stock exchanges by total market capitalization, the New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ. Manhattan's real estate market is among the most expensive in the world. Manhattan's Chinatown incorporates the highest concentration of Chinese people in the Western Hemisphere, with multiple signature Chinatowns developing across the city. Providing continuous 24/7 service, the New York City Subway is one of the most extensive metro systems worldwide, with 469 stations in operation. Over 120 colleges and universities are located in New York City, including Columbia University, New York University, and Rockefeller University, which have been ranked among the top 35 in the world.

-----Current Arcs-----

• Illumination: Sometimes the crazies are right. As strange as it may sound it turns out the Illuminati exists, a group of Corrupt Rich Bastards, Reptilian Enslavers and Satanic Deceivers they have infiltrated the UN and IMF as well as replacing New Yorks mayor with a shape-shifting Reptilian. Together they have created a plot to steal money from poor countries and turn it into funds for their mind control operations as they slowly take control of the world. But they made one fatal mistake. They messed with the wrong team of super-psychopaths and now the Knights of America are out for blood. A backstage battle of political assassinations and deciet will unfold and someone will rule New York when this is all said and done.
  • Vendetta: The Italian Mafia has long been the laughing stock of gangs in New York. Bullied out by growing Mexican Gangs, brutal Russian groups, innovative Japanese and Chinese syndicates and the massive Bloods and Crips, they are defunct and suffering. But all that changed when Vincent "The Hound" Genovese arrived from Italy. Eager to rebuild the Italian mob and return it to its former glory the New Don is bringing in veteran elite mobsters and improving the Cosa Nostra into a formidable organization. Recruiting is open and any meta with Italian blood is desired. Meanwhile, the ghostly Revenant stalks the streets, frustrating criminals and police as he hunts down gangsters to deal out his vengeance.
  • A Black Hill: In the power struggle over New York City, the dreaded SS has started to make it's entrance. While contracted mercenaries openly attack a police station and free a mafia boss, adding to the overall violence in the city, they prepare something much larger it seems. Mysterious or gruesome hints lead our heroes onto a trail which needs to be carefully followed in order to find out what vicious plan the goons of the SS are following. And time ticks as the plan of the SS is nearing it's final stages and the results could devastate the city.
  • A Sea of Problems: Rogue Deep One Seargent Aacha is going rogue and waging a personal war on the surface world with only a Platoon of thirty Deep Ones. Gods help humanity. When such a force makes land fall the fighting with be brutal, bloody and epic.

-----The Unique Places-----

Brooklyn:
Queens: The Knights Fortress
Manhattan: Dockside Warhouses owned by Reich Industries
The Bronx:
Staten Island:

-----The Good Guys-----

The Knights of America: New York Chapter

NYMD

Civilians

-----The Bad Guys-----

Loner Criminals
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:21 pm, edited 70 times in total.
Swith Witherward wrote:But I trust the people here. Well, except Prim. He has shifty eyes but his cute smile make up for it.

Monfrox wrote:But it's not like we've known Prim to really stick with normality...

P2TM wrote:HORROR/THRILLER Winner - Community Choice Award For Favorite Horror/Thriller Player: Primordial Luxa

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:39 pm

-----Issue 1: Fresh Meat-----

Calamity stood at the entrance to the Knight Fortress as the Northern Mage approached. Sitting on the floor nearby the large metal gates which kept the citizens of Queens and criminals away from the Knights inner sanctum was a small cannister containing the brain that facilitated NUMB.

The Northern Mage was accompanied by a series of federal agents helping to carry his things and driving the singularly living suit of armor around the city. Calamity spoke quietly to NUMB as the sorcerer approached them. Her tone was hushed and empty of emotion; she had sucked the life from the desiccated body of Blank earlier today, so her Hue wasn’t hungry. It allowed her to think more clearly, but it also made her emotions muted.

“What do you think the Triptych would have said about us accepting this Canuck?”

“Archon and Ultrawoman, wouldn't have cared. Nevermore would have had serious grievances.” His tone was metallic and even hollower than Calamity’s. He had been quietly reticent these last few weeks, and it was quickly becoming apparent to Calamity that he was planning something without her. That made her upset, but she would bring it up when it happened not before.

As the Northern Mage got closer, Calamity stepped forward her arm outstretched for a handshake. “Justin Stoker? It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Sydney Petal, but I prefer you call me Calamity. This cannister who just got polished houses NUMB. I’m sure he needs no further introduction.”

“Salutations,” came the voice from the cannister “It is good to sense you in such close proximity.”

“Tell me how would you like us to refer to you? Are comfortable with us using your real name or do you like to go by your pseudonym?”
Last edited by Primordial Luxa on Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:00 am

Primordial Luxa wrote:As the Northern Mage got closer, Calamity stepped forward her arm outstretched for a handshake. “Justin Stoker? It's a pleasure to meet you. I am Sydney Petal, but I prefer you call me Calamity. This cannister who just got polished houses NUMB. I’m sure he needs no further introduction.”

“Salutations,” came the voice from the cannister “It is good to sense you in such close proximity.”

“Tell me how would you like us to refer to you? Are comfortable with us using your real name or do you like to go by your pseudonym?”

The wispy darkness on the edge of his vision was still something he wasn't comfortable with. So was the hollow sense of feeling, and enduring sense of complete emptiness. It was something he got used to. So the subtle probings of the hue that Calamity controlled, and the fact that he was working with an eldritch horror in a literal can was yet another two slips of paper in the stack.

The gravelly voice that was once Justin's was layered with something else, both a slight flanging effect and the sound of what one could describe as talking through a tin can. It was a rather ethereal function, and one that usually scared the normal citizen at the worst of times, "It's a pleasure of my own to meet you both." He reached out and returned Calamity's gesture. "Whatever is more comfortable for you, so long as it isn't outright malicious I care little for what people call me."

Atlas

In a warehouse some kilometers away from the Knight's Fortress, a middle aged super soldier sat staring at the code to a auto-pilot program. In all honesty it was the most frustrating thing Atlas ever done in his entire life. He couldn't really test if it worked either given that he only had one Pavelow, and crashing it would set him back almost six month's pay.

His sigh of boredom echoed across the empty building. He was alone, true, but Anna was still recovering from that concussion Osteo -regretfully- gave her, and Elsa was... well she had a job now. Hopefully she wasn't as bloody bored as he was currently. That was one thing he always wished for her, what with her biological condition of being immortal. Everyone in her life would die at some point. That's why he never asked her how she felt, or told her how he felt. He didn't want to give her that pain, no matter how many times she'd experienced it before. It wasn't something he could willingly do. Especially with how much pain loss had given him through the years.

He ran the Auto-Pilot script again, a little better this time, eighty three errors. Atlas glanced over to the 'C# for Dummies' book he'd bought for eight bucks at a street vendor three blocks away. It didn't help, at least not very much. Atlas was a engineer of physical stuff, as evidenced by his armor and the various arms he'd modded the hell out of over the years. Digital stuff was a bit beyond him, hell he wasn't the one who coded the HUD in his helmet originally that was... He didn't even remember her name. His psychologist, and at one time significant other. He'd taken to calling her Jezebel during the last three months she was alive. And in the end he had to kill her, yet doing so only accomplished his further decent into a depression. God certainly had a sense of humor.

A button press and his script was run again. 79 errors, marginally better. But still progress. He looked at the corner of the screen and noticed the time, he'd been slaving away for the past six hours. He leaned back on the comparatively small couch and closed his eyes for what he swore was but a moment. But he fell fast as sleep as a result.
Last edited by Anowa on Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:20 am

In the moors of Scotland, several witnesses has caught the sight of a woman, clad in armor and wielding a sword of times passed, that they'd end up calling the Fairy of the woods, every time one caught sight of it, the elements would start flying around in the vague forms of weapons, then the woman would depart without saying a word, disappearing yet again.
It had been not too long ago that the creature had showed up, it came as soon as a certain house was built on the outskirts of Loch Lomond, right next to Inchcailloch.
An idyllic place to live for anyone on Earth. Relaxing, quiet, not too far from civilization and overall a beautiful place to live in.
However, those things come at a certain cost, not necessarily money. Magical disturbances are quite common, and it seems that the only one capable of dealing with it is the person living in that house.

Yet today, nobody saw even a glimpse of the supposed fairy, the house's almost always lit lights were now extinguished, and the usual humming in the woods had stopped.
But it had a reason, it wasn't that she was moving away, no. A few weeks ago, she had received a call from a friend in Ireland, telling that they needed help back in America.

That was three days ago.

Now the woman, still clad in armor walked through the streets of New York, more than occasionally getting odd looks from the few people that roamed the city during the early hours of the day where it could hardly be considered day yet.
Though she appeared extremely lost, walking around with a map obviously didn't help.
Thankfully enough, she had money to stay at a hotel or to get herself wasted in a bar if she couldn't find the place she was looking for before the night.

After a few hours of searching, because she had arrived early at about 2 AM, she decided to set down on a bench in a park, if anything, she'd probably get called at some point, after all, Carly was still there.

"Ah bah c'est sûr que si on m'appelle mais que je me rappelle pas de l'adresse, ça va pas faire.
En plus je fait tache ici c'est l'enfer." Letting out a sigh, she looked left and right to see if anyone was around, and got extremely disappointed when she saw that there was no one around.

"Bon au moins on m'ennuie pas à propos de mon armure." Saying this, she started to hum a song that fitted her thoughts at the moment.

It was a lonely day in New York for a Scot.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:01 pm

Atlas

He woke up some time later. Not because he wanted to, but because he heard a rather familiar sound as of recent: Chrono turning the goddamn TV on. Atlas simply jammed his eyes further shut. It had gotten to the point now that he wasn't up to his eyeballs in anxiety and paranoia whenever she popped in when he was occupied with other things. It had gotten to a rather icy 'friendship' if one could call it that. Mostly because she was just asking if he wanted another job, and also because their first encounter nearly wrecked the building.

He didn't even need to open his eyes, "Lemme guess, another offer to come work for you and your beneficiaries? Or are you here for something else this time?"

The woman likely shrugged, "Ever hear of Reich Industries?"

That got Atlas' attention, besides the sketchy name they were mostly a weapons manufacturer. Although they did have political dealings in most far right wing parties. "Yeah, what about them?"

"Well, besides the obvious implication of their name. A bit of corporate espionage."

Atlas turned to look at her, not quite a request for employment, but close enough. He had to admit that the woman was determined, "I would love to but I have about eighty errors to work out of this code. Otherwise the whirly bird over there crashes and I'm stuck without transport."

She bit back with her own offer, "You help us with this and I'll finish your code for you."

Atlas paused, the woman wasn't stupid, given the fact that she could make explosions from nothing and turn gravity upside down based on nothing more than few chunks of metal in her nervous system. He had reason to believe she had some sense of coding genius. "Give me twenty minutes."

Shannon smiled beneath her helmet. She didn't feel too happy about pulling the wool over Atlas' eyes, but given what they were about to do, it would certainly make New York -and possibly the rest of the planet- that much safer. After all, RI had a problem with the US, because missing persons reports were public domain, and a whole slew of their employees had gone missing as of recent.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:41 pm

Knights
“Our studies show that criminals become more afraid when we maintain our pseudonyms. It makes them perceive us as less human or more potent than mere police or military forces. So referring to you as Mage will be more effective at cowing our targets.” NUMB said.

Calamity nodded along and turned towards the door which opened remotely. The two anti-material rifle turrets which scanned the surrounding area swiveled to track other targets as they walked inside and the two Knights introduced their new recruit.

Calamity carried NUMB’s cannister with both hands while they walked through the courtyard towards the large warehouse structure which housed the actual facility. The courtyard was mostly a dirt front yard covered in occasional pieces of trash.

“This area serves to main purposes,” NUMB’s cannister chimed “First a further method of protection against any civilians or criminals that would break in and as a training area for practice. I don’t understand this concept of ‘exercise,' but Calamity seems to enjoy it.”

The door to the warehouse slid open with a loud grinding sound revealing the interior of the fortress. Most of the warehouse was taken up by a large central room cluttered with industrial surveillance computers, some radios, and various other strange looking device. There was a lounge area off to one side along with a kitchen. A set of stairs towards the back led to the undoubtedly large underground section of the compound as well as the rooms that the Knights inhabited.

NUMB and Calamity gave a short tour to the Mage, explaining that there was a central office that would filter out most of the crime detected to the police and only inform them about serious incidents. They would rotate schedules so that two of them were always on call at a time to respond to any series crisis, but that if a long-standing incident arose, they would all be expected to work 24/7 until it was resolved.

They also would have designated times when they would need to patrol areas of the city. Calamity explained that this was mainly to keep the populace aware of their presence and keep criminals on their toes. NUMB, however, stressed that it was also a good way of drawing out terrorists who might see an opportunity for attack.
After showing the Mage to his room Calamity gave him a small earpiece and locator so that they could keep in touch and so that NUMB could teleport to him if need be.

“Any other questions Mage?” Calamity asked.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:10 pm

New York City
28 Liberty Street
Reich Industries CEO Wenzel Reich

"Stop the car please."

From behind tinted car windows 2 pairs of eyes looked at the building towering above them with mixed expressions.

"Beautiful! This commanding presence! This height! A building more than fit to be the headquarters of a company as successful as mine."

The voice sounded excited, almost euphorical. But not for long. Inside the car a smack could be heard and a metallic voice started speaking:

"Careful with your words, Reich. The headquarters is and stays in Germany. And this is not your company. The compaby belongs to the 1000 year Reich. Reichhart surely won`t mind taking your head as well."

A third voice appeared and the red pair of eyes which had been watching the tower with a clear sign of disgust being felt in their gaze. The voice itself was very feminine and young:

"Urgh. It looks ugly. Only thing good about this is it`s colour. Besides, it is currently occupied by several companies and firms. By far doesn`t have the necessary privacy needed for us to really start operations in the Colonies. Can`t we find something more appealing?"

"You two really can annoy the crap out of someone, you know? This is some nice PR. Besides, what kind of message would it send if a highly successful company like this would avoid the economical centre of this city. But you are free to find another place where to set up operations."

The first voice clearly sounded a little annoyed now and was loosing it`s temper.

"No need to get this aggressive Wenzel Reich or do you want me to calm you down? I`m sure it would be lots of fun...for me!

Besides, we both here already know the ideal place. It will take quite a bit of money and we might suffer a little bit from an environmentalist outcry but that´s it. And then there will be those crazy conspiracy theorists coming with the Illuminati theories and evil corporations."

"So what is this oh so mysterious place?"

"Oh, you should know it well. We`re talking about the Brother Islands. You know, the place where I took down Haegler?"

Now the first voice started laughing hysterically before trying to resume:

"HAha Ahaha Hahaha What the ahaha actual fuck!?! Those god forsaken islands? Are you two sure? Well, I am not going to question this decision although I find it plenty weird. But I guess I`ll leave negociating with the city about the price and all that to you. Good luck with it. Now excuse me, I`ve got to acquire atleast a floor for Reich Industries offices."

With that the backdoor of the expensive black limousine opened and a blonde man with sunglasses and a business suit stepped out. From another black car which had been standing behind the limousine, 2 men came, also clad in black business suits. They quickly fell into formation behind him. The negotiations might take a while but Reich was confident in securing a floor for Reich Industries.

Antonia followed Reich with her eyes as he entered the building. The past weeks had been rough. She had familiarized herself a little more with the organization that Haegler had built in order to blend in a little better. And this goddamn Dirlewanger had never left her side. Looked like he still didn`t trust her. Well, can`t blame him for that. She did kill his superior afterall. And then there was this Reich guy. He knew about business, yes, and was incredibly ruthless in that matter but he lacked the experience in the real delicate business of the SS.

The car suddenly started it`s engine again and rolled forward, quickly falling into traffic. This Dirlewanger...she knew where they were heading. But it was no use. In this broad daylight she surely wouldn`t just run around and sway people`s opinions and bargain a nice price for the islands.

"How about we wait untill it`s night? I doubt either one of us is really fit to visit any offices. Besides, I`d appreciate a dinner before I get a dessert."

Dirlewanger`s head jerked into her direction.

"Dessert you say? Dinner? What next? Only young girls age 16-26 for you? You take what you get when you get it!"

Antonia revealed her fangs and hissed at Dirlewanger before sinking back into her seat. Dirlewanger was right, she had her preferences but this wasn`t some corrupt balkan country where you could get anything you desire on the black market. This was a populated city in a civilized nation. It would be more difficult to get and to let victims vanish. Well, maybe she could talk atleast that much sense into Dirlewanger as to wait with the car in a side street or parking lot untill the night had come.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Octavian

Along the rooftops of Brooklyn New York, someone may notice a brief glimpse of someone running across the buildings. Octavian leapt over one more alley, looking down briefly to look for signs of trouble, only to find it was deserted. Typical. He landed with a roll, looking around to gain a sense of his surroundings. It was an overall busy day, from what he could tell, just the usual. He heaved a sigh, moving over to one of the vents to sit down for a bit.

It had been a very slow day for crime, at least from what he could tell, his mask wasn't giving him any big alerts, which meant the cops could handle it, or it was too petty to bother with. It was definitely boring for a freelancing vigilante, no big crimes to deal with. Absolutely dull.

He wondered where those superheroes or villains were right about now. The ones with the full on powers. He'd never met one in person, only seen them on television or the Internet. For a minute, he might have dozed off just thinking about what it would be like to fight one of them. This was one of the downsides to his being bored, it often left to recklessness, of course it was better while he daydreamed than actual practice.

He woke up as a car honked, pushing himself up off the hard surface. Octavian yawned, starting to take his costume off so he could make it to the streets undetected, or rather, without drawing any attention to himself. Once this was done, he collapsed his bow, attaching it to the quiver he'd just taken off his back. With another look around, he started down the fire escape, landing in the grimy alley. He walked onto the sidewalk, deciding he didn't exactly care where he was going, just following the crowd.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:02 pm

Whalestron wrote:Octavian

Along the rooftops of Brooklyn New York, someone may notice a brief glimpse of someone running across the buildings. Octavian leapt over one more alley, looking down briefly to look for signs of trouble, only to find it was deserted. Typical. He landed with a roll, looking around to gain a sense of his surroundings. It was an overall busy day, from what he could tell, just the usual. He heaved a sigh, moving over to one of the vents to sit down for a bit.

It had been a very slow day for crime, at least from what he could tell, his mask wasn't giving him any big alerts, which meant the cops could handle it, or it was too petty to bother with. It was definitely boring for a freelancing vigilante, no big crimes to deal with. Absolutely dull.

He wondered where those superheroes or villains were right about now. The ones with the full on powers. He'd never met one in person, only seen them on television or the Internet. For a minute, he might have dozed off just thinking about what it would be like to fight one of them. This was one of the downsides to his being bored, it often left to recklessness, of course it was better while he daydreamed than actual practice.

He woke up as a car honked, pushing himself up off the hard surface. Octavian yawned, starting to take his costume off so he could make it to the streets undetected, or rather, without drawing any attention to himself. Once this was done, he collapsed his bow, attaching it to the quiver he'd just taken off his back. With another look around, he started down the fire escape, landing in the grimy alley. He walked onto the sidewalk, deciding he didn't exactly care where he was going, just following the crowd.

Clear skies. Alice looked up, her eyes shielded from the sun by the peak of her police cap and gazed upwards, momentarily losing focus on the world around her. She used to love flying in this kind of weather, when you could see for miles. She used to love perching on the Chrysler building eagles and taking in the city, gazing down unseen as evening fell and the city lit up. It would be so easy to take off right now... but she had told herself she wouldn't.

Once she had thought that her powers would allow her to change the world for the better. She had been bold, arrogant - she had come public about who she was and she had taken a bullet for her pride. As powerful as Alice was, if she didn't see something coming, there was nothing she could do about it. Then she had been left to run the meta-human Academy. She had failed, dismally. The place had devolved into violence on a regular basis before being closed down entirely. A student had gone missing. It was then she had realised what her powers were doing to her. She had stopped using them, changed her name from 'Alice Kosa' to 'Alice Dartwood' and entered police Academy. She had only been recognised once since then. Out of context, having traded the black suit and the cape for an NYPD uniform and gun, she was just another young, dark haired woman, no more worthy of notice than any other.

She took a step forward, accidentally jostling a red-haired man, "Sorry, Sir." she said quickly. She couldn't let herself drift off into dreamworld like that. She moved to step around him, continuing her patrol. She didn't expect anything to happen. That was the point of a highly visible police force - it gave people pause before doing something stupid.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Clear skies. Alice looked up, her eyes shielded from the sun by the peak of her police cap and gazed upwards, momentarily losing focus on the world around her. She used to love flying in this kind of weather, when you could see for miles. She used to love perching on the Chrysler building eagles and taking in the city, gazing down unseen as evening fell and the city lit up. It would be so easy to take off right now... but she had told herself she wouldn't.

Once she had thought that her powers would allow her to change the world for the better. She had been bold, arrogant - she had come public about who she was and she had taken a bullet for her pride. As powerful as Alice was, if she didn't see something coming, there was nothing she could do about it. Then she had been left to run the meta-human Academy. She had failed, dismally. The place had devolved into violence on a regular basis before being closed down entirely. A student had gone missing. It was then she had realised what her powers were doing to her. She had stopped using them, changed her name from 'Alice Kosa' to 'Alice Dartwood' and entered police Academy. She had only been recognised once since then. Out of context, having traded the black suit and the cape for an NYPD uniform and gun, she was just another young, dark haired woman, no more worthy of notice than any other.

She took a step forward, accidentally jostling a red-haired man, "Sorry, Sir." she said quickly. She couldn't let herself drift off into dreamworld like that. She moved to step around him, continuing her patrol. She didn't expect anything to happen. That was the point of a highly visible police force - it gave people pause before doing something stupid.

Octavian himself hadn't been paying attention well enough, and because of this, the collapsed bow prodded the cop as she walked into him. Great. Just what he needed, a cop searching him while he had his equipment on him. Well, at least that's what he expected from an officer. He'd been searched multiple times, but each of them he'd had the mind to hide his stuff better. Turning around quickly, he looked around for a quick escape route. The only good one was across the street, and that would require him possibly jumping over a car or two.

"Wonderful.." He grumbled before taking off at a medium speed towards the edge of the street. He'd need to verify she was actually following him before actually running away, which would certainly attract more attention. And at the moment, he figured that was the last thing he needed.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:17 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:“Any other questions Mage?” Calamity asked.

"Just the one." Justin turned his gaze to Calamity, "Would there be somewhere safe to practice and experiment with the arcane? I'd hate for myself to accidentally summon Hastur with no possible containment." In reality he doubted it would get that bad, he would simply be writing the processes of lower level magic, he still had a very long way before publishing a book on runes and summonings. Besides the obvious public danger, mapping out every such incantation under the sun would take some time to be sure... Perhaps he'd stave off his return to a mortal coil until it was done.

Atlas looked over the the warehouse, "That's an ammo depot you know?"

Chrono replied from the driver seat of the pinto, "Yes."

"And you want to blow it up?"

"Yes, don't worry, any chance of cook off is well within safe. Or at least non lethal, the only chance of injury would be eyes or thin skin. That and the fact that everyone's at work right now makes things less problematic."

Atlas hummed, "So collapsing it in that case."

"Yup." She exited the car and started towards the warehouse side entrance, Atas followed, "Your armor's rated for hawking radiation right?"

Atlas nodded, "Unless I get tagged in the chest by an Abrams it should keep it's seal. Why?

She shrugged, "The instant explosions I make are actually micro-blackholes, don't want you getting cancer."

"Right."

As they approached the gaurd station Atlas lifted the modified 870 towards the Rent-A-Cops head, it's 20mm bore loaded with the heftiest buckshot money could buy. Chrono did her time fuckery thing and appeared behind the security guard, rifle jammed into his back. She spoke, "I'd suggest going home, and giving me your radio."
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Whalestron wrote:Octavian himself hadn't been paying attention well enough, and because of this, the collapsed bow prodded the cop as she walked into him. Great. Just what he needed, a cop searching him while he had his equipment on him. Well, at least that's what he expected from an officer. He'd been searched multiple times, but each of them he'd had the mind to hide his stuff better. Turning around quickly, he looked around for a quick escape route. The only good one was across the street, and that would require him possibly jumping over a car or two.

"Wonderful.." He grumbled before taking off at a medium speed towards the edge of the street. He'd need to verify she was actually following him before actually running away, which would certainly attract more attention. And at the moment, he figured that was the last thing he needed.

The police officer paused, stopped and looked back.

It was a natural human inclination to see what she had touched her that caused Alice to turn. She had no particular feeling that a crime might be being committed and hadn't twigged that she had walked into a bow. He had a bag with some stuff in it. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary there.... except he had definitely picked up some pace and was walking very pointedly away from her. That was suspicious, albeit not to the point where she felt she had a reasonable suspicion he might be involved in a crime. He might just be in a hurry on top of which there were plenty of citizens who didn't exactly trust the police force. She stepped back, leaning her back against a shop front as she watched to see what he got up to next. If he didn't do anything else suspicious she would just carry on walking.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:21 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:The police officer paused, stopped and looked back.

It was a natural human inclination to see what she had touched her that caused Alice to turn. She had no particular feeling that a crime might be being committed and hadn't twigged that she had walked into a bow. He had a bag with some stuff in it. Nothing particularly out of the ordinary there.... except he had definitely picked up some pace and was walking very pointedly away from her. That was suspicious, albeit not to the point where she felt she had a reasonable suspicion he might be involved in a crime. He might just be in a hurry on top of which there were plenty of citizens who didn't exactly trust the police force. She stepped back, leaning her back against a shop front as she watched to see what he got up to next. If he didn't do anything else suspicious she would just carry on walking.

Unfortunately for Octavian, he couldn't read minds. With a glance over his shoulder, he immediately spotted her watching him, although it wasn't exactly too threatening. He immediately began running across the street the minute the cars stopped, ignoring the annoyed looks of pedestrians. The cop wasn't exactly something he felt the need to worry about, he could probably take her out with a couple hits. She didn't really look like a generic cop, though.. And now that he thought about it, she actually looked familiar. Perhaps she was on a magazine or something?

He didn't have much time to dwell on it, as he ducked into the alley nearest him, with a conspiratorial look behind him, he started towards the back dumpsters. He'd have to change and arm up quickly, there was a fire escape pretty close to the dumpsters he was next to that he'd be able to jump onto. It didn't take him longer than a minute to suit up, donning the same costume he had on before he took to the streets. Unfortunately, he couldn't link the cop to his mask's database, and wouldn't be able to see her distance from him. Oh well, he'd probably be able to get a brief lock on her face if she chased after him.

After reshouldering his bow and quiver, he climbed on top of the dumpster. Ignoring the slightly slippery surface, he leapt up to the somewhat grimy, somewhat rusty fire escape. This was easy enough, but should she have followed him, he'd be by the third platform at his top speed.

Primordial Luxa
Postmaster-General

Postby Primordial Luxa » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:41 pm

Anowa wrote:
Primordial Luxa wrote:“Any other questions Mage?” Calamity asked.

"Just the one." Justin turned his gaze to Calamity, "Would there be somewhere safe to practice and experiment with the arcane? I'd hate for myself to accidentally summon Hastur with no possible containment." In reality, he doubted it would get that bad, he would simply be writing the processes of lower level magic; he still had a very long way before publishing a book on runes and summonings. Besides the obvious public danger, mapping out every such incantation under the sun would take some time to be sure... Perhaps he'd stave off his return to a mortal coil until it was done.

Calamity visibly flinched at the name and the Cannister let out a pitched whine. Calamity looked around as the name of the force behind the King in Yellow was uttered. It was as though she was expecting something terrible to take place and the Northern Mage could guess she had had some experience or at least knowledge of what that name entailed.

"Careful with those kinds of words human," NUMB said.

"Yes. To answer your question, there is a vacant laboratory downstairs. It used to belong to Hyerophant, but he has adopted a...unique new role in the organization so that he won't be using it. It should be mostly empty feel free to experiment there. Otherwise, I do believe that NUMB has a very particular site to show you. Something that all of the new recruits get to see."

"Yes, I do. Please Mage, come over and carry my canister for the Ghostwalk."

As the Mage complied and picked up the canister for the teleportation, he would find it surprising light and airy given its rugged frame. As soon as he did so there was, a tugging sensation which radiated through both there beings and the two individuals were spirited away through the Ghostwalk.

The Mages familiarity with the arcane made the experience somewhat informative. As NUMB and the Mage were made transubstantial, the smell of bioelectrical-ectoplasm reached them, and a faint aetheric howling could be heard. The process was strangely spiritual, and the Mage could tell magic was involved in some minuscule part of the process or perhaps it was merely some sort of hyper-advanced science masquerading as such. No sooner had the two entities been turned into ghosts then they had been hurled by some great force towards their destination. Colors blurred and raced past and when they finally slowed down to reach their destination they were material and physical again.

They were standing on a hillock overlooking what was clearly once a forest. Now there was only desolation and ruin. A black trail of soot and ash covered a massive canyon like a wound that stretched towards the horizon. Calling it a canyon though didn't do it justice. It was a gash, a massive chunk of the earth which had been cleanly removed from the face of the planet. The wound was in a half circle shape with the hill the two Knights were on being the halfway point of the flat side. Although give how far the devastation covered it was nearly impossible to tell. The wound descended almost a thousand meters into the ground with completely regular sides that were sloped like a quadrant of a circle.

United Formosa
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby United Formosa » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:18 am

Svarofski Brother's meat packing facility
Port District, Manhattan
23:45:06

Petra forced open the rusted metal door with one hand and felt an immediate release as she dropped the artificial temperature bubble around her and let the natural icy air flow through her hair and caress her neck. A few off the workers looked up from their stations to see who made the noise, then immediately returned to work. Most of them were immigrants from eastern Europe like herself, but she strode by them without a word. Through the packaging floor it was a short distance to get to the back of the warehouse. Her room was straight back through another set of insulated steel doors, but first she moved up the staircase above the door up to the managers office which over looked the whole area. When she entered the familiar stink of Cuban tobacco greeted her before the fat Russian man in his forties did. The blob looked up from some papers and grunted to acknowledge her presence. She produced a thick stack of American 100 dollar bills from a pocket of her satchel and tossed it on his desk and turned to leave.

"I don't want your fucking money this time" she heard in Russian.

"I hate speaking your language," she spit back in accent-less Moscovian Russian , "it leaves a foul taste in my mouth".

"I need a favor from you."

She turned her head and stopped, and waited for him to continue.

"This uzko glaziye (thin eye) killed my cousin yesterday. I want him and his whole family dead."

Without batting an eye Petra spoke " half a month per person."

"okhu`el (Are you fucking nuts)"

"Take my money or take my offer. And do not forget that this relationship, while mutually beneficial, can end very badly," she paused, "for you".

The mob boss fumed, but conceded. Quickly he scribbled down an address in China Town, spit on it, and tossed it at Petra's feet.

Petra picked it up and folded it neatly before stowing it in her pocket. It seemed a good nights sleep would have to wait. There was rent to pay.

China Town, Manhattan
00:30:16

Petra's car pulled up to the side walk beside a brightly colored store front strewn with neon lights. The traditional medicine shop was most certainly a front for something more nefarious. Most likely drugs, the Chinese have a strong affinity for circumstantial humor. Suddenly the back right door of the black sedan opened and Petra stepped out. "This will only take a few minutes, wait here," before shutting the door. Just like most of the surrounding shops the front of this one had large glass windows which allowed her to see an elderly Asian woman moving boxes and sorting sacks of herbs. Before going inside she cracked her knuckles, then her neck. All at once the door opened, the windows froze opaque, and screams of pain and horror echoed through the street.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Whalestron wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:The police officer paused, stopped and looked back.

Unfortunately for Octavian, he couldn't read minds. With a glance over his shoulder, he immediately spotted her watching him, although it wasn't exactly too threatening. He immediately began running across the street the minute the cars stopped, ignoring the annoyed looks of pedestrians. The cop wasn't exactly something he felt the need to worry about, he could probably take her out with a couple hits. She didn't really look like a generic cop, though.. And now that he thought about it, she actually looked familiar. Perhaps she was on a magazine or something?

He didn't have much time to dwell on it, as he ducked into the alley nearest him, with a conspiratorial look behind him, he started towards the back dumpsters. He'd have to change and arm up quickly, there was a fire escape pretty close to the dumpsters he was next to that he'd be able to jump onto. It didn't take him longer than a minute to suit up, donning the same costume he had on before he took to the streets. Unfortunately, he couldn't link the cop to his mask's database, and wouldn't be able to see her distance from him. Oh well, he'd probably be able to get a brief lock on her face if she chased after him.

After reshouldering his bow and quiver, he climbed on top of the dumpster. Ignoring the slightly slippery surface, he leapt up to the somewhat grimy, somewhat rusty fire escape. This was easy enough, but should she have followed him, he'd be by the third platform at his top speed.

Alice did follow. She was a police officer and it was in her nature to keep an eye on people acting in an unusual manner. She arrived in time to see a costumed person ascending a fire escape... so that red haired guy was acting oddly because he was a costumed vigilante. Se watched him for a moment as her brain registered exactly what she was seeing. Alice was not the kind of person who had nightmares. She was grounded with a fatalistic attitude towards a lot of the random coincidences in life, but this.... this was not something she wanted anything to do with, "Oh no..." she muttered, "Nope... not getting involved."

Now it was her turn to beat a hasty retreat, she spun on her heel, walking a little too quickly away from the alley, stopping at one point to dart a nervous glance over her shoulder.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Whalestron wrote:

Octavian saw her out of the corner of his eye as she entered the alley, his right hand twitched as he considered drawing his bow. No no, he wouldn't need to shoot her or concus her either. But he was feeling somewhat pugnacious today..

Without much thought, he leaned over the railing as she began to leave, calling down; "Hey, cop! Y'ain't gonna fill me with holes? Most of you would've done that by now," he paused as she turned around to glance at him, his mask lighting up with an identification match. That was odd, usually only celebrities or famous people were that easy to identify.. 'Watcher' was above one of the images.. An ex-superhero, and probably not in the mood to fight him. He called down again, "For a meta named Watcher, I should've expected you to do a whole lot of watching."

Yep. There he was, trying to get a reaction from her just so he could get something exciting to happen. Now that he thought about it, he didn't exactly know her powers.. You'd probably be able to tell he wasn't thinking this through. At all.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:56 pm

New York City
Some nice warehou
SecuroServ Guard

The Security Guard seemed to be shocked at first and a little too dumbfounded to understand what was actually going on. The weapon pointed at his face and the muzzle he could feel in his back quickly brought him into the cruel reality. For a split second he seemed to think before dropping his radio to the floor where it broke apart. It caused him to curse:

"Crap! Goddamn cheap thai equipment!

My contract with SecuroServ didn`t include dealing with Meta human filth like you, walking on the crooked backs of the masses, punching to death whoever opposes them."

He spat in front of their feet before walking away. When he had made a 20 meter distance, he turned around again to show them his middle finger and shouting:

"I`d love to get back to the times were the worst criminal you could encounter was a goddamn Ex-Soldier! Now we have to put up with superpowered shits like you!"

New York City
NYC City Hall
The Scarlet Baroness

"So, are you now satisfied?"

Dirlewanger sounded slightly annoyed. Well, who wouldn`t be after having to wait for the sun to go down behind the numerous NYC skycrapers. And finding a nice place to park had also been a quite a challenge for the driver. One he had mastered in the end. And she had just sent the driver away to find her the one responsible for city owned property. She didn`t dare to just walk out of the car right here, one of the well populated places of NYC. Atleast the Architecture here had a little more style. And then walking into the City Hall. She shuddered. Talk about inconspicuous. Maybe, if she knew were to go there she could go in there but in thie current situation? No. On the other hand, Dirlewanger was getting annoying and the driver`s long absence was making her nervous. She knew that Dirlewanger had some dislike against her. She knew he wouldn`t act on it when others were looking but here? She was a vampire so she could pretty quickly heal most wounds. No trace would be left if he was to suddenly pull his claws through her face.

"Stop the hostility. We have a mission as well Dirlewanger. And the mission must go on at all costs. The Supreme Command does not tolerate petty quarrels as it could possibly get in the way of the plan."

Dirlewanger stayed quiet at first but then she heard a quiet metallic creak and when she looked she saw Dirlewanger`s featureless face in front of hers, the eye in the Hakenkreuz was readjusting itself noisily. His claw slowly reached up and gently took her chin.

"I am not hostile. I simply see a good opportunity for a death in you. If the plan will be carried out, I`ll return anyways."

He suddenly withdrew his hand.

"Too sad, that with Haegler gone, I am too vital for the process of the plans of the SS, to die. And now, auf Wiedersehen. I count on you to get this settled and the Islands in our hands."

A thud on the windows signaled that the driver had returned. She opened the door and carefully stepped out. How good that it was dark. Her attire wouldn`t raise that much of a fuss and with her wings currently not out nobody would notice something was wrong with her. A little chat told her where she had to go. All fine. Untill she heard the creaking metallic voice of Dirlewanger again.

"Baroness, please be so kind and also take do something concerning our warehous, adress xxxxxxx. Our double payed SecuroServ Guard dropped the radio which means he got in trouble. If I remember correctly, Reichhart had the bodies of all those SS men who tried to break of from the main SS. Reich Industries has reported them as missing but please, take care of things and make sure that we have some political backings in this case."

Antonia looked back, seeing Dirlewanger hunched over a laptop he had been looking at quite often during their drive. Guess something really might happen soon. She smiled, revealing her fangs. So she`d get a little more to drink tonight.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:34 am

Whalestron wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Octavian saw her out of the corner of his eye as she entered the alley, his right hand twitched as he considered drawing his bow. No no, he wouldn't need to shoot her or concus her either. But he was feeling somewhat pugnacious today..

Without much thought, he leaned over the railing as she began to leave, calling down; "Hey, cop! Y'ain't gonna fill me with holes? Most of you would've done that by now," he paused as she turned around to glance at him, his mask lighting up with an identification match. That was odd, usually only celebrities or famous people were that easy to identify.. 'Watcher' was above one of the images.. An ex-superhero, and probably not in the mood to fight him. He called down again, "For a meta named Watcher, I should've expected you to do a whole lot of watching."

Yep. There he was, trying to get a reaction from her just so he could get something exciting to happen. Now that he thought about it, he didn't exactly know her powers.. You'd probably be able to tell he wasn't thinking this through. At all.

The officer stopped, then came back a few steps, leaning back against the far wall of the alley so she could look up at the guy in the suit. There was no point hiding now, though how he had identified her was a mystery. Then again, her reaction hadn't exactly been normal, "No... why would I fire on you? You're not committing a crime as far as I can tell."

She took her cap off, running a hand through dark hair, "So you know my alias, I'm guessing you remember the story? How I came out and told everyone who I was, did a bit of TV work... got shot by some nut who thought meta-humans were going to destroy the world. Then I did work on that Meta-human academy and got fired after it, basically, turned into a huge, violent brawl. I was pretty arrogant then and had a school full of borderline psychopaths with anger management issues. That was never going to end well. Getting investigated for gross incompetence gave me some perspective and that's why I stopped. Why I'm trying very hard to be plain old Officer Dartwood, not the Watcher."

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:16 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:The officer stopped, then came back a few steps, leaning back against the far wall of the alley so she could look up at the guy in the suit. There was no point hiding now, though how he had identified her was a mystery. Then again, her reaction hadn't exactly been normal, "No... why would I fire on you? You're not committing a crime as far as I can tell."

She took her cap off, running a hand through dark hair, "So you know my alias, I'm guessing you remember the story? How I came out and told everyone who I was, did a bit of TV work... got shot by some nut who thought meta-humans were going to destroy the world. Then I did work on that Meta-human academy and got fired after it, basically, turned into a huge, violent brawl. I was pretty arrogant then and had a school full of borderline psychopaths with anger management issues. That was never going to end well. Getting investigated for gross incompetence gave me some perspective and that's why I stopped. Why I'm trying very hard to be plain old Officer Dartwood, not the Watcher."

Octavian smiled down at her. In all truthfulness, he didn't actually know too much about her story, only bits and pieces. "Yeah, you're not exactly what I'd expect from an officer.." He said, idly rubbing the rusted metal with his fingers. "So.. You know where any good crime hotspots would be to hit up? It gets pretty boring around here, and everywhere I've gone so far is empty." He was definitely being honest, this was the first exciting thing to have happened all day.

"You work the night shift?" He asked casually, or at least more casual than he usually was. He unslung his bow, and took out a plain arrow. It was obvious he wasn't planning on shooting her, it would be pointless, and he didn't know her powers too well. What if she could make force fields? Or dissapear? No, it wouldn't work. He wrote an address down on one of the sticky notes he usually kept in his bag. "If you're free-" he stuck the note to the arrow, "Meet me here," he drew back the arrow and released it. The shot was intentionally aimed at her feet, and it landed right at the base of them. He offered a two finger salute, then started up the fire escape again.

60 Court St #2. Brooklyn, NY was all that the note had on it. Suspiciously enough, when located, she'd find it was a jewelry store. Perhaps the vigilante was a freelance villain?

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:39 am

United Formosa wrote:Svarofski Brother's meat packing facility
Port District, Manhattan
23:45:06

Petra forced open the rusted metal door with one hand and felt an immediate release as she dropped the artificial temperature bubble around her and let the natural icy air flow through her hair and caress her neck. A few off the workers looked up from their stations to see who made the noise, then immediately returned to work. Most of them were immigrants from eastern Europe like herself, but she strode by them without a word. Through the packaging floor it was a short distance to get to the back of the warehouse. Her room was straight back through another set of insulated steel doors, but first she moved up the staircase above the door up to the managers office which over looked the whole area. When she entered the familiar stink of Cuban tobacco greeted her before the fat Russian man in his forties did. The blob looked up from some papers and grunted to acknowledge her presence. She produced a thick stack of American 100 dollar bills from a pocket of her satchel and tossed it on his desk and turned to leave.

"I don't want your fucking money this time" she heard in Russian.

"I hate speaking your language," she spit back in accent-less Moscovian Russian , "it leaves a foul taste in my mouth".

"I need a favor from you."

She turned her head and stopped, and waited for him to continue.

"This uzko glaziye (thin eye) killed my cousin yesterday. I want him and his whole family dead."

Without batting an eye Petra spoke " half a month per person."

"okhu`el (Are you fucking nuts)"

"Take my money or take my offer. And do not forget that this relationship, while mutually beneficial, can end very badly," she paused, "for you".

The mob boss fumed, but conceded. Quickly he scribbled down an address in China Town, spit on it, and tossed it at Petra's feet.

Petra picked it up and folded it neatly before stowing it in her pocket. It seemed a good nights sleep would have to wait. There was rent to pay.

China Town, Manhattan
00:30:16

Petra's car pulled up to the side walk beside a brightly colored store front strewn with neon lights. The traditional medicine shop was most certainly a front for something more nefarious. Most likely drugs, the Chinese have a strong affinity for circumstantial humor. Suddenly the back right door of the black sedan opened and Petra stepped out. "This will only take a few minutes, wait here," before shutting the door. Just like most of the surrounding shops the front of this one had large glass windows which allowed her to see an elderly Asian woman moving boxes and sorting sacks of herbs. Before going inside she cracked her knuckles, then her neck. All at once the door opened, the windows froze opaque, and screams of pain and horror echoed through the street.

Maxwell had been patrolling around China Town when he heard the screams. He'd said it was pointless, walking around there. What would happen there? No metas, he thought, no large crimes. But there they were, screams you heard when someone was dying. His feet slid across the pavement as he sprinted towards the location he'd heard the noise. He didn't exactly expect a meta at all, in fact, he thought it would just be a simple killer or something.

He paused at the edge of the storefront, eyeing up the frozen windows. That was odd, it wasn't anywhere near cold enough for this place to be frozen.. And furthermore, the rest of the street was normal. He walked in, unarmed of course. If he really needed to fight, which he expected, he would transform. He immediately felt the chill, then he spotted her. She was definitely a meta. And one that wouldn't go down easy. "Hey!" He shouted, still looming in the doorway.
Last edited by Whalestron on Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 pm

Primordial Luxa wrote:
Anowa wrote:"Just the one." Justin turned his gaze to Calamity, "Would there be somewhere safe to practice and experiment with the arcane? I'd hate for myself to accidentally summon Hastur with no possible containment." In reality, he doubted it would get that bad, he would simply be writing the processes of lower level magic; he still had a very long way before publishing a book on runes and summonings. Besides the obvious public danger, mapping out every such incantation under the sun would take some time to be sure... Perhaps he'd stave off his return to a mortal coil until it was done.

Calamity visibly flinched at the name and the Cannister let out a pitched whine. Calamity looked around as the name of the force behind the King in Yellow was uttered. It was as though she was expecting something terrible to take place and the Northern Mage could guess she had had some experience or at least knowledge of what that name entailed.

"Careful with those kinds of words human," NUMB said.

"Yes. To answer your question, there is a vacant laboratory downstairs. It used to belong to Hyerophant, but he has adopted a...unique new role in the organization so that he won't be using it. It should be mostly empty feel free to experiment there. Otherwise, I do believe that NUMB has a very particular site to show you. Something that all of the new recruits get to see."

"Yes, I do. Please Mage, come over and carry my canister for the Ghostwalk."

As the Mage complied and picked up the canister for the teleportation, he would find it surprising light and airy given its rugged frame. As soon as he did so there was, a tugging sensation which radiated through both there beings and the two individuals were spirited away through the Ghostwalk.

The Mages familiarity with the arcane made the experience somewhat informative. As NUMB and the Mage were made transubstantial, the smell of bioelectrical-ectoplasm reached them, and a faint aetheric howling could be heard. The process was strangely spiritual, and the Mage could tell magic was involved in some minuscule part of the process or perhaps it was merely some sort of hyper-advanced science masquerading as such. No sooner had the two entities been turned into ghosts then they had been hurled by some great force towards their destination. Colors blurred and raced past and when they finally slowed down to reach their destination they were material and physical again.

They were standing on a hillock overlooking what was clearly once a forest. Now there was only desolation and ruin. A black trail of soot and ash covered a massive canyon like a wound that stretched towards the horizon. Calling it a canyon though didn't do it justice. It was a gash, a massive chunk of the earth which had been cleanly removed from the face of the planet. The wound was in a half circle shape with the hill the two Knights were on being the halfway point of the flat side. Although give how far the devastation covered it was nearly impossible to tell. The wound descended almost a thousand meters into the ground with completely regular sides that were sloped like a quadrant of a circle.

Most people would have been given quite the sensory shock from teleportation, but then again, Justin didn't have any internal organs or fluids. As such he was saved from the rather crappy situation of vomiting. More so that he had more time to survey the scene. The Canadian born man simply hummed as he gazed upon the destruction. Had this been Earth than no doubt he would've heard of such a destructive event. But as it stood, he had no doubt that said teleportation was a little something... more. Had he still had a face he would've raised his brow in curiousity, "I take it we aren't necessarily in Kansas anymore, are we Toto?"
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:08 am

Whalestron wrote:Octavian smiled down at her. In all truthfulness, he didn't actually know too much about her story, only bits and pieces. "Yeah, you're not exactly what I'd expect from an officer.." He said, idly rubbing the rusted metal with his fingers. "So.. You know where any good crime hotspots would be to hit up? It gets pretty boring around here, and everywhere I've gone so far is empty." He was definitely being honest, this was the first exciting thing to have happened all day.

"You work the night shift?" He asked casually, or at least more casual than he usually was. He unslung his bow, and took out a plain arrow. It was obvious he wasn't planning on shooting her, it would be pointless, and he didn't know her powers too well. What if she could make force fields? Or dissapear? No, it wouldn't work. He wrote an address down on one of the sticky notes he usually kept in his bag. "If you're free-" he stuck the note to the arrow, "Meet me here," he drew back the arrow and released it. The shot was intentionally aimed at her feet, and it landed right at the base of them. He offered a two finger salute, then started up the fire escape again.

60 Court St #2. Brooklyn, NY was all that the note had on it. Suspiciously enough, when located, she'd find it was a jewelry store. Perhaps the vigilante was a freelance villain?

"Sometimes, not tonight." Alice replied to the question about the night shift. She didn't reply to the question about crime spots - fighting crime out of boredom didn't seem right to her, on top of which she didn't want to encourage vigilantism - it was irresponsible and often as much a hindrance to the police as a help.

Alice picked up the arrow, pulling the note off, "What's this? You asking me on a date or something?" Of course, by the time she had said that he was well on his way, quite possibly missing her quip.

She looked at the address, frowned, this was probably a bad idea if she wanted to avoid getting dragged back into the world of meta-humans, but she knew her curiosity would get the better out of her when her shift ended.

She pocketed the note and kept the arrow as well. When she was back at the station she would do some research on who had fired it. He knew who she was, she wanted to even the score in that respect.

Whalestron
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:23 am

Octavian began traversing the rooftops again, sometimes being nearly spotted. It wasn't too dark out, in fact, the sun hadn't even set. He was making his way over to the jewelry store, with help from the GPS in his mask. The cop was definitely going to come, especially if she was a past meta, he thought. Leaping over a final gap between buildings, he landed on the roof opposite the store, now he just had to sit back and wait..

The arrow was definitely a clue to who he was. He used the same design, and the police more than likely found one or two of his at crime scenes. But there wouldn't be a name in the database, at least not an official one. He'd never picked a name, or been given one. People called him 'that bow guy' or 'the archer'. None of those he really liked, but he liked the mysterious aspect of having nothing official about him aside from a costume and weapons. There would definitely be some security footage of him, some good and some bad, of him shooting at criminals. And the best photo by far was taken by some great photographer, it shows him in a kneeling stance, bowstring drawn back, poised to fire. It was taken in the rain, somewhere in the street during a gunfight. For someone who tried to be mysterious, he definitely had a lot of media about him.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse