NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen: a RWBY RP [IC Thread]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:55 am

Leika, Grimm Studies

"Your first answer was correct," she responded to Abyssal's answer. She had no idea why she said it was a drake—it looked nothing like a drake at all, but she just let that slide for now. She was too nice to let it not slide. "The Kurogg was a type of dragon from fairy tales and legends. It was said to have l-lived near Mistral. It was one of the th-three dragons that the hero Andas encountered on his journey to the eastern falls, and it was the most ferocious of them all..."

She continued to go on and on with her lecture, and her students attempted to follow as she went on and on about the Grimm Dragon. Of course, she didn't realize it yet, but some of her students had begun to grow sleepy from listening to her. Not only that, she seemed to be carried away by her own lecture that she didn't seem to notice the bell ring.

One of the students raised his hand slowly and tried to get the teacher's attention. "Ummm, Professor? It's already time for us to go."

"Huh?" she briefly glanced at him and then at the clock, which said it had been five minutes after class had officially ended. Her cheeks flustered pink as she stuttered, "Ah-a-a-ahm... I-I'm sorry! Th-that's all for today, w-w-w-we will be continuing this lecture next time, okay? T-t-t-take care!"

As she watched her students leave the room, she covered her face with both of her hands, her face growing redder and redder. "Oh my god, it happened again," she muttered to herself. "Why does this always happen?"

Amphitheater
Collab by Storm, Nach, and Faal

Avena shook off the comment Adelaide made earlier about anyone being able to do what her semblance does. She just leaned back in her chair and chuckled. They didn’t fully grasp what her semblance truly was. It wasn’t just knowing when to take a shot. They didn’t see the things she saw when her semblance is activated. They didn’t witness time slow down and the world turn into a purplish haze. They didn’t see the trajectory that was being made that would create the perfect shot every time. Knowing this, Avena remained cool and took it with a grain of salt.

The teacher pondered for a moment at Sirina’s method of utilizing her Semblance. Well, the first one wasn’t unorthodox at all—echolocation is an increasingly common way for blind people to see, and not necessarily something unique to her—but the second one may certainly fit what Adelaide was talking about. Indeed certain vibration frequencies can loosen the bonds of molecules enough for objects to break, but can Sirina actually do that? Smiling she asked, “Your Semblance is manipulating sound waves, right?”

"That is correct," Sirina nodded. "My semblance is basically the complete manipulation of any sound wave, as well as the detection of said waves. In doing so I can echolocate, which is why I can walk around without seeming blind. I can also manipulate them to change my voice to sound like anything." She mimicked Adelaide's voice, "Or anyone."

The others all glanced at her and chuckled. It was all too similar for their ears. Sirina smirked and returned her voice to normal, "Sorry about that. But I couldn't resist."

“Impressive,” Adelaide quickly caught on. “That isn’t all you can do, is it? Your question may have certainly shed light on your other abilities.”

“Well, I can turn sound waves into a weapon, and do a sort of banshee scream,” Sirina explained. She knew that giving away her semblance would put her at a disadvantage in fights but, she liked being at a disadvantage. “Or sonic-cut things. I could also use sound as a shield. I also can hear better than humans and Faunus alike. To be honest, I have been practicing with the idea of using sound to weaken molecular structure and break things for a while now. And I am not bad at it if I do say so myself.”

Chuckles now turned to inaudible chatter from the bleachers. Sirina can break molecular bonds with sound waves now? Even the teacher was impressed. Just how far would she take that new power, and were there limitations to it? The way that Sirina described it made it look like there were no limitations at all—but there was only one way to find out—it had to happen eventually with any of her students. “All right,” she walked towards the edge of the arena, picking up her sheath and wearing it around her waist. The teacher didn’t mind that she wasn’t in her combat uniform—she figured she’d do just fine in her teaching uniform. Grasping the handle of her sword she smirked, “I believe you haven’t tested it out on someone yet. Sorry if it’s inconvenient, but allow me to be the first, Miss Zezili. Don’t think I’ll go easy on you.”

Jackson was astonished that his sister would issue a challenge to a student of her own accord like that. A teacher just challenged a student. It was out-of-character for her to do that—especially since she was the kind that wouldn’t engage another in combat unless challenged. A teacher that wasn't known for fight unless she was challenged had just challenged a student who rarely fought. What the hell was Miss Silver thinking?

Carmina and Avena on the other hand were much more welcoming of the fight. Action, thrill, and excitement were desired from these two girls, otherwise this would’ve been a mundane and boring class. In fact, upon hearing this, Avena shot up from her chair and leaned against the railing. As usual, fighting got her full attention and focus. If school was nothing but combat classes, Avena would be a straight A student. Unfortunately, this was not the case and she was doomed to forever make D’s.

Sirina remained neutral while other students chattered. For normal people it would have been inaudible, but to Sirina, she could hear most of it. People didn't seem to believe her. Doubt. They doubted her. Much like many people in her past, though it used to be just because she was blind. But it was still doubt. But then again, somewhere less doubtful. Sirina was forced to bite her lip.

Sirina swallowed and took a deep breath. She didn't really want to fight Miss Silver, mainly due to the fact that Sirina believed she stood no chance against a teacher. But how could she decline it? This was a rare occasion and she felt the eyes of every other student on her. Maybe it was peer pressure—or maybe it was just Sirina wanting to prove to her doubters that she could do it. Could she? Regardless, Sirina closed her eyes and stood up slowly and picked her cane up.

With a deep breath she opened them and faced Miss Silver's direction. "Very well." She said with a nod and started for the arena. Sirina had only really tested it with sheets of metal, glass, porcelain, etc., but never on someone else or in a combat situation.

Carmina stood up from the bleachers, went to the rail and cupped her hands in front of her mouth. As Sirina approached her opponent, she yelled, “Kick her ass for me!” The redhead needed someone to beat the teacher for her, having failed last time. “Yeah! We want revenge!!!” Avena shouted as she shook her fists, having failed in that aspect too.

Sirina stopped completely for a moment upon hearing two voices. Voices from persons that Sirina didn't know very well. But yet, it sounded like something a friend would say, if that friend wasn't a Ningcompoop. Why would they go out of their way to say something like that? Not only that, but also, why say it with hope? Sirina could hear it in their voice, there was hope. Though whether it was in order to pump Sirina up or just because Carmina and Avena wanted Miss Silver beat, Sirina could not know. That said, it was still comforting in a way.

Who knows? It might have been the encouragement she needed.

Sirina turned to face the source of the voices, smiled, and offered a thumbs up. A simple "I'll try" was all Sirina said before turning back to face Miss Silver. She held her cane ready in its rapier mode and took another deep breath, "I'm ready."

The holoscreen updated with Adelaide’s and Sirina’s portraits on them, with an Aura level bar under each of them. Adelaide placed her right foot in front of her and unsheathed her sword, slowly manifesting a long and glowing blue blade from the sheath. The blade seemed to sound with the winds of a gale, singing the haunting ballad of the frigid Atlesian giants of legend, giants known and feared for bringing winter wherever they went. The students looked on eagerly at the two combatants as they posed in their respective stances, waiting for one of them to make the first swing. This was it—teacher against student, sound manipulator against master swordswoman—two Daredevils about to face each other to the obviously-not-death last reserve of Aura.

A slight humming sound could be heard throughout the arena. Its source was obviously Sirina. The sound that she was creating was a sort of armor to help defend against Miss Silver's sword. Once the sonic shield was up, Sirina struck. It was a fast barrage of thrusting strikes, each thrust created another sound, which Sirina would amplify to increase the strength and striking area. If hit with this amplified sound wave, it would have been much like a powerful punch. Sirina first needed to know how fast Miss Silver could move and this was the best way to figure it out.

Sensing that a rush of vibrated air was about to hit her, Adelaide immediately dodged and countered with a quick swing of her sword. The bluish Dust blade touched the surface of Sirina’s shield, glazing a part of it in a streak of ice. The air loudly cracked and appeared to condensate in a large vapor cloud—large enough to obscure the combatants from view. Another swing was added, breaking the ice and giving the teacher an opening.

The shattering of ice gave Sirina a perfect warning. She could see the blade coming almost perfectly, minus color, and quickly jumped out of the way. When she jumped back, she turned her Siren's Song into the pop gun mode and took aim at Miss Silver. With a single, quick but deep breath, she pulled the trigger. It started as a simple hum in the barrel, but quickly blasted out of the pop gun as a powerful sound wave, clearing the vapor around the two. Once she landed, she pulled the trigger more, sending a barrage of weaponized sound waves at Miss Silver. Each sound wave was a different frequency, but all of them had more than enough punch to knock Miss Silver back.

The force of the first sound wave was so powerful that it threw Adelaide backwards in a flip, but she gracefully landed on her two feet as the vapor cleared. Quickly sheathing her sword and pulling it out again to reveal a glowing purple dagger, she quickly dashed towards Sirina, dodging the deafening sound blasts one by one and readying to deliver another quick strike. The heels of her shoes clipped rapidly with each and every step as she ran. Sirina could hear Adelaide’s footsteps clip louder and louder, moving in an erratically serpentine pattern. Sirina turned her weapon back into rapier mode, Which way are you going? she thought and brought her rapier up. All of a sudden the clipping stopped far too close for Sirina to strike. Miss Silver was about to strike from an angle, but she wasn’t going to be caught off-guard that easily. The rapier turned back into a cane while Sirina brought it down at incredible speed in order to block the dagger’s strike.

Yet it didn’t come from where she was expecting the vibrations to come from. A forceful jab was felt on her back. Expecting Adelaide to follow up on that with a quick slash of her dagger, Sirina instinctively jumped away. She used the sound of her jumping to propel herself to a safer distance. “What was that?” Sirina said to herself and took a more defensive position with her cane turning back to a rapier, Ok Sirina, breathe and focus.

Adelaide landed back on the ground, unsheathing the other handle and revealing a long and curved orange blade. With dagger held firmly in front and a sword to her back, she dashed once more, this time heading straight for the blind one. The clipping of her heels was much more rapid now.

Oh, now there's a sword. Great. Sirina slowed her breathing and focused on one thing. Unheard to anyone, she was testing different frequencies. She found it in a short amount of time, and smirked. The dagger was almost in striking distance when she started to hum, just only a few inches from her face and closing. The dagger started shaking slowly but eventually it sped up and became more difficult to hold. Adelaide tried to grip onto it firmly, but it became harder and harder to do so. Not only that, her ears seemed to be ringing with a tone growing in intensity.

The dagger only stopped shaking when it shattered like wine glass, leaving the students stunned at the sight. Ventus? Shattered? It wasn’t possible, Jackson looked on, even if it was just for a second. Here the teacher was, unarmed for the first time in front of her students, and Sirina about to deliver a decisive strike on her.

Once the dagger shattered, Adelaide resheathed the hilt and swung with her sword, but Sirina turned her cane back to it's pop gun, fired a shot to knock Miss Silver back, and then charged her not wanting to give Miss Silver time to recover. But the teacher landed on her feet again and went in and charged at Sirina as well, slowly drawing a red dagger from her sheath. Another sound blast went off, and another, but Adelaide barely dodged them—her hair the only thing being tossed about by the sound. She threw her dagger with great force at Sirina and slashed with her sword. From the sword came a bright orange streak of light that split the dagger’s blade in two, resulting in a large explosion.

She could hear a hollow metal thing bounce off the floor. From within the thick smoke, Adelaide muttered to herself, “Why didn’t you think this through, Addie?” Smirking to herself she closed her eyes and cleared her mind, and her eyes were sealed shut. To Sirina, it seemed that Miss Silver had been paralyzed by her own attack, just standing there with her sword drawn in the smoke unable to see anything. Maybe this was her chance. What she didn’t know that Adelaide was able to detect the rapid clipping of Sirina’s heels, the minute brush of the wind coming towards her, and the song sung by the air. From the perspective of the students, all they could hear was a series of quick clashes.

Their movements were rapid and graceful, yet behind those moves they hid great skill and power. Even as sound waves were blasted at Adelaide's direction, the teacher would dodge or block those blasts, and even as the teacher responded in kind with swings and lunges, Sirina could sense where they were going to land and block them accordingly. Both had managed to land hits on each other, and their Aura levels were dropping ever lower, but both of them didn't care. Metal just kept on clashing. Carmina and Avena were enjoying quite a show today, for it was 'nothing less than fricking awesome' in the redhead's thoughts. All of a sudden they watched as Adelaide threw a Dust crystal in front of her and slashed her sword, cutting the blade in two and blowing the crystal up in a great explosion.

The students could barely make out what happened, even as the smoke began to clear. Eventually they were able to see the two fighters, and they were astonished. There the two were with their clothes partly sorched, and their hair singed, and they were breathing quite heavily. The tip of Sirina’s cane barely touched Adelaide’s throat, and Adelaide’s sword barely touched Sirina’s—the carbon-copy stalemate. Their Aura had dropped below 30 points, with Sirina's just one point ahead of Adelaide's. The teacher opened her eyes and recovered her sight, and stared into Sirina's closed eyes as Sirina 'stared' at her. She broke a smile and withdrew her sword, returning it in her sheath.

Sirina and the other students must have been astonished as the teacher walked away without saying another word. What was that about? Why did she stop? A few more swings this way and that would've given her the victory over her student. Yet that was not her intention. "That will be all for today," she announced, gazing at the giant clock as she began to remove her sheath. "Remember to read up on Chapter 11 for next class, there will be a surprise quiz. I will be seeing you on Wednesday."

Kuhlfros
Senator

Founded: Dec 01, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:50 am

Lucas Blixsen

The only thing that could go through Lucas' mind over what he just witnessed was
"Whaaaaaaaat? First of all that was amazing, second of all...why can't I fight the teacher?"

Through the entire battle Lucas had leaned forward in his seat and cheered on both the fighters yelling and more importantly, watched with intensity. Battle was the time when Lucas' mind ran at full speed and he could observe and even move his best in battle when his mind was racing.

During te discussion before the fight, Lucas had no idea of the details and adaptability of Sirina's semblance, and he was obviously surprised that Adelaide challenged the blind girl to a duel. At first, Lucas felt this was a one sided match, especially with the fact of Sirina releasing so much knowledge on her semblance but then he thought..."What was Miss Silver's semblance again? How can it counter Sirina's?"

Lucas watched every move of the back and forth battle until the dust was so thick he couldn't make out what was going on, Lucas slammed the railing and said, "No fair, now I can't even see how it is going to end!"

Lucas looked down at the fighters at a tie, and then the holoscreen showing their aura. As Miss Silver turned away and told them to be read and be ready for their next class, Lucas was still dumbfounded by what had happened as he gathered his things to make on the next class.
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:48] <Kuhl> ∞/10
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN
[21:50] <Shy> AND THE WORLD COMPLIED
[21:50] <Kuhl> I just googled the infinity symbol XD
[21:52] <Kuhl> BUT I WILL GO WITH IT
[21:52] <Shy> ALL HAIL
[21:53] <Shy> THE VIKING GOD KULHFROS
[21:53] <Kuhl> OFF TO VALHALLA

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 pm

Avena and Carmina were fixated for every second of the fight. They hung at every movement, every swing of a blade, and every sound wave blast. This was one of the best fights the two have seen all year, if not the best. Team JACL have never seen anyone, especially a fellow student, give Adelaide a run for her money. Jackson definitely didn't think it was possible to give his sister trouble.

Seeing the two opponents move at such speed was mind-boggling. Sirina being able to counter Adelaide's strikes and Adelaide being able to dodge was is essentially air. Sirina was fighting on the level of a professional huntress, seemingly on par with the professor. The area came alive with metal clanking and sonic booms erupting, overpowering any cheers that cam from the students.

Avena cheered on Sirina, wanting her to win the fight. Carmina was following Avena's example and was cheering her head off as well. Jackson and Leif, however, was sitting quietly and observing the fight. Jackson's silence was cut short by something the team never thought possible, Adelaide's dagger shattering. " Whoa!! Her weapon shattered! I didn't think that was possible. I mean, I threw Grimsbane off the cliff and it didn't get scratched. I thought they were indestructible?" Avena commented, looking totally amazed. " I didn't think that was possible either." Carmina added.

Team JACL went back to watching the fight as it reached its climax. Each opponent did substantial damage to each other and now they were down to their last bit of aura points. The last attack was obscured by a large plum of mist and smoke. The students in the stands waited with faded breath, wanting to know who won the match. As the smoke dissipated, the outcome became very clear, both opponents had their weapon pressed against each other's throats. The overhead display showed that both Sirina and Adelaide's aura points fell below 30, resulting in a tie. There was a audible gasp from the crowd as they realized the outcome of the fight. Avena paused for a moment as she processed what had happened. " Wooooohhhhhoooooooo!!!!! That was so badass!!! Sirina, you fucking rock!!" Avena yelled with excitement. " Wow...that was a really close fight." Lief commented. " Yeah it was!!" Carmina said as she high-fived Avena.

The team turned their attention to the tired Adelaide who dismissed the class until Wednesday. Team JACL followed the rest of the student body and left the arena. The group proceeded to make their way to their dorm. During the entire walk, Avena wouldn't shut her mouth about the fight. She went on and on about how awesome Sirina was and gave a post play by play commentary. " And then Sirina did that thing with the thing. It was so awesome!!" Avena said as the team walked down the hall to their dorm room. " Yes, Avena, we were there." Jackson said. annoyed. " You're just jealous that you weren't able to beat her."' Avena replied as she opened the door to their room. " Sirina didn't beat her though, idiot." Jackson retorted back. " Yeah yeah, details." Avena said as she ran over and jumped on her bed. She crossed her legs and put her hands behind her head, relaxing for the first time today. " So...what do we do now?" Avena asked the rest of her team.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Sirina Zezili

Sirina returned her cane to the ground and sighed. She had never had a fight like that, and honestly she was just as surprised as everyone. She didn't think it was even possible for her to match a teacher in combat. She stood there for a second trying to wrap her head around her accomplishment. Of course she knew that she would have lost in the end, but she won't have lost easily. Once Miss Silver spoke and assigned them a reading she snapped out of her trance and looked to her.

She looked down and smiled, "Thank you..." Was all she said before she went to leave the room. When she left some students started to bombard her with questions. It was overwhelming. Was this what popularity felt like? And why did it take her matching the teacher to reach this? The world was truly messed up. A lot was going through her head, so Sirina decided it was best to head back to her dorm. So she walked after answering peoples questions and tried to get away.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:18 pm

Lucas Blixsen

Lucas Blixsen was not one to give up easy, very persistent, especially if it got him out of class. He continued to try to reach Sirina as she held her own against the swarm of other students asking her questions, she answered many of them as she worked to retreat.

As she made her way to her dorm, Lucas decided it was best to not try and hide as it wouldn't work with her semblance, instead just being content to follow at a pace to catch up with her. He decided to speak once he was close enough.
"Hey...what was that all about?"

"Do you think she might misunderstand what I mean by that.........? Nah...
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay
[21:50] <Shy> AND KUHLFROS SAID UNTO THE EARTH: LET THERE BE SPECIAL SYMBOLS FOR THE RATING OF BLAMESHIFT OUT OF TEN

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:40 am

Sirina Zezili

She managed to slip out of the crowd and was managing to avoid people. She was almost to her dorm, but she heard someone. Someone was following her, though they weren't trying to hide it. She could easily tell the pace, who ever was following her was going to catch up. Sirina readied herself for the questions as they got closer. Once he asked she turned and "looked" at him.

"What do you mean?" She started, "My fight with Miss Silver? That was a complete surprise. Or breaking her dagger? I explained already in class how I could do it. So what do you mean by what was that all about?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:52 am

Lucas Blixsen

"No no I get all that I think...er well I want to find out is why?" Lucas started to pace "First of all Miss Silver never just calls for a duel with a student, like ever! So why now? What was she trying to get to by dueling you? Was it just a chance to show off a student's ability with unorthodox semblance, stress relief by dueling someone? Was there something more? And why couldn't I get to duel her!" He pouted for a moment before smiling again, "Anyways I was wondering what you thought about all this and, yeah that was one great fight out there."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:52 pm

Sirina Zezili

Sirina just shrugged her shoulders.

"I am as clueless on that as you. I don't know why she challenged me... It caught me completely off guard. My friendly Ningcompoop helped to show me that avoiding fights is best, especially if you are not confident in victory." Sirina said, "I don't think it was stress relief. There was no sign of stress in her voice. I do think it was to show off what she meant by using your semblance in an unorthodox fashion. Also, thanks, I fought to the best of my ability."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Lucas Blixsen

Lucas shrugged, "I guess, but if you don't fight you don't learn from it, you don't get that experience , the numbing intensity, excitement, and the fear even from just training, and well as for confidence...for me it's kinda like fake it until you make it, plus you learn just how capable you are and what you can take on with fights you don't have certainty on your side."

His eyes widened and he exclaimed, "Besides you did win! Or you had a victory in that atleast, you forced Miss. Silver, a huntress in her prime who in her student years was par with Pyrrra, to use her semblance! She's beaten loads of people without triggering her semblance, hunters and huntresses even I bet."

"Ha, Ningcompoop, I never thought of that one...oh yeah, so she can amplify soundwaves...what if she amped up thunder?"
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

North Arkana
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Sirina Zezili

"I am as clueless on that as you. I don't know why she challenged me... It caught me completely off guard. My friendly Ningcompoop helped to show me that avoiding fights is best, especially if you are not confident in victory." Sirina said, "I don't think it was stress relief. There was no sign of stress in her voice. I do think it was to show off what she meant by using your semblance in an unorthodox fashion. Also, thanks, I fought to the best of my ability."

Reina de Mazelle

"And it really is such an intriguing ability," Reina says, her sudden approach having gone unnoticed while the two were talking. "So much potential just from the use of sound."

Kuhlfros wrote:Lucas Blixsen

Lucas shrugged, "I guess, but if you don't fight you don't learn from it, you don't get that experience , the numbing intensity, excitement, and the fear even from just training, and well as for confidence...for me it's kinda like fake it until you make it, plus you learn just how capable you are and what you can take on with fights you don't have certainty on your side."

His eyes widened and he exclaimed, "Besides you did win! Or you had a victory in that atleast, you forced Miss. Silver, a huntress in her prime who in her student years was par with Pyrrra, to use her semblance! She's beaten loads of people without triggering her semblance, hunters and huntresses even I bet."

"Ha, Ningcompoop, I never thought of that one...oh yeah, so she can amplify soundwaves...what if she amped up thunder?"

"And yes, it is true you learn so much from getting into the real fights, where you're fighting and scraping for your life desperately." For a momentary second, there's a far off look in Reina's eyes, but it quickly fades. "No hold barred fights with other students you can trust are good experience. It's worth remembering that huntsmen and huntresses are just professionals. They get to choose their employers in the end, and not all employers are as scrupulous as the staff at Beacon."

Well, that's not entirely true...
"I don't know everything, just the things I know"

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:37 am

OOC Note: Erde's pseudonym's pretty hazy in my memory, sorry. Orb, feel free to correct me in the OOC.
Edit: Resolved.

JACL's Room

Classes were thankfully over for the day, and it ended on the memory of a student challenging a teacher in single combat. Avena and Carmina hadn't been this happy about combat class for weeks. The two girls were recounting everything from the most minute of details to the most awesome moments, even moving their arms around and imitating screams and explosions. They were disappointed by Sirina's loss, but that didn't mar their feelings of thrill and excitement. But out of everyone on the team, maybe even the entire class, only Jackson was the most observant. He saw the board and how it showed that Sirina had actually won out over his older sibling, edging her by just one point. He wondered if Sirina was aware of her close victory—her ears served as her eyes, and the others would've also noticed and told her by now.

But perhaps that wasn't something important to bring up to the others, he thought. So he just slipped his hands in his pockets and continued to listen, occasionally correcting Avena and Carmina at the details she got wrong. It didn't feel right to lie about what happened though.

The door was opened, and their room was exactly as they left it—action figures standing beside the pencils laid out on the desk, textbooks and novels on the shelf, and the mess of clothes and paper sheets on Avena's bed that warranted a few notices from the dorm supervisor recently. Despite the room being cleaned spick and span every week, the next day it was back. Not to mention the remnants of mudprints on the floor that even the most thorough of cleaning couldn't get rid of. Jackson and Leif changed out of their uniforms and into a green shirt paired with black jeans and a black shirt paired with shorts, respectively.

The redhead didn't bother to change into her dorm clothes—in fact she just threw her coat and her school blouse at the desk and jumped onto her bed without any second thought. "I dunno," plopped the half-naked Carmina on her back, extending her arms as far as she could past her head. "We seem to have a lot of time on our hands."

Jackson blushed upon glancing at her. He didn't mean for his eyes to stumble upon her light-colored bra—the one with the intricate rose embroidery—or even on her sweaty midriff. "What, couldn't get yourself to put on a shirt?"

"Hey, it's fricking hot," she retorted, glancing at her chest. Sitting up she flippantly added, "And stare at Avena's rack for once you perv." And then she lay back down.

All of a sudden his Scroll vibrated in his pocket, and he pulled it out. The indicator on his Scroll flashed with a yellow light until he unfolded the device. His eyes went over the message that had been sent to him. "Right now?" he muttered to himself. Slipping the Scroll back in his pocket, he glanced at the team and said, "I'm going to be in Vale for a while, got a little errand to run."

"Oh, that huntress woman, eh?" Carmina sat up again.

Jackson stopped leaning on the study and took his dark leather jacket and the keys to his motorbike. "Yeah, pretty much," he turned around. "She says she got some more comics for me to look at."

"Wait," she curled her lips into a smile and snickered. "You're not into her, are you? I didn't know you had a thing for older women."

"Huh!?" Jackson blushed profusely. "What the fuck is that supposed to mean?"

"My my, fox boy," teased Carmina. "The things you'll do for someone like her. I heard somewhere that at their age they're desperate for love."

Jackson sighed and placed his palm over his head in resignation. "Look, you guys want anything or what?"

Leif was quick to respond. "Yeah, can you buy some pizza ingredients? Just the flour, tomato sauce and mozzarella will do, I already have everything else for what I'm going to make later."

"You sure you don't want to just order pizza?" Jackson asked.

"Psh," Leif waved his hand around and scoffed. He placed his fist on his chest and said, "It tastes better when I make it myself. Those pizza parlors don't pour their soul into their pizzas, so they don't taste very good."

"I see..." came the straight-faced reaction from the faunus. No one could ever comprehend Leif's confidence in his own food, not even his own teammates. Fuck the fact that they were either marvelously delicious like his rice cakes or outright disgusting as that mysterious plastic box of unrecognizable grabbing appendages in the fridge.

Obviously Jackson wasn't going to get what Avena was going to ask, and Carmina seemed like she didn't need anything yet. Then again, he should probably get some parts for her just in case she decides to tinker with Helfarch again. "Okay, I'll be back by tonight with the stuff."

As his hand reached for the door, he was stopped by Carmina's sudden shift to a serious tone. "Oi," she warned him, "you might wanna watch yourself around her. I got a feeling she ain't the sanest person ever. As if she's fucked up inside, like, reaaaally fucked up."

That was sudden. First she teased him for being into older women and now she's telling him to be careful around her. Unsure about what that exactly meant, Jackson went out of the room and left the three there. She wasn't serious about Malidia, was she? The huntress seemed normal when they first met, he recalled as he walked down the hallway. It's not like she was planning on doing something evil or anything like that.

Back in the room, Carmina lay there on her bed and sighed for a few seconds. Boredom had overtaken her today, and so had the heat. Not even the ceiling fan at its highest setting seemed to help. There was certainly nothing for them to do today, not a single thing besides staring at the blades of the fan as it spun. She knew she could do this all afternoon.

"Damn it," she bit her lip and narrowed her eyes in realization. "I should've asked him to get some parts. Shit."

Rotating her body around, revealing that her sweat had lightly soaked her sheets, she looked at Avena and asked, "Hey, wanna help me out on messing with Helfarch again? Or maybe we can mess around with Grimsbane if ya want. I got lots of ideas how to make it more awesome."

After all, the rule of cool counts, doesn't it?

Birds of a Feather

Despite having lived in the Kingdom for much of his life, Jackson hadn't been to this part of Vale before. The houses around him looked abandoned for years, with paint peeling off of the walls and a lot of moss and vines taking its place, and windows that had been broken. The curb had so many cracks that ran all over its surface, and the road was full of small potholes. Weeds were growing out of the cracks as well as the gutter. Old and worn-out flyers littered the street with leftovers that had been left to rot for years and severely warped aluminum cans. The cars that were parked here were either really old models, damaged by vandals, or just left unused because some random part was missing. Such was the decrepit inner city.

There weren't a lot of people roaming the streets even in broad daylight. Those who still did looked like they were vagabonds, beggars, or members of local gangs roaming their territory. Many of the residents here were faunus who had moved here after most of the humans moved to less urban parts of Vale. Of course, there were still humans around, but most of them were policemen that roamed this district round the clock—much to the dismay of the locals. It was pretty easy for Jackson to fit in due to his faunus heritage.

He stopped his motorcycle in front of a certain stone building by an old teal door, near an old post that indicated the streets that ran in their respective directions. The number on the door was 56, and the 6 was loose and hung upside down—just like what she had described to him. Was this the right address Malidia gave him? Maybe. After all, Hunters don't just slay Grimm all the time. It would make sense since she would help out the cops in keeping the peace around these parts. Unless she was in actuality a criminal hiding here to avoid arrest...

He began to ponder on Carmina's bad feeling about the huntress woman. Was she right? Was she actually someone who harbored less-than-good intentions? Then again, Carmina had also met her at the library, and she may have seen a side of her that Jackson didn't. What could she have to hide from the world?

Well, he'll know soon enough, he figured. Jackson walked up to the door and rang the doorbell, which buzzed with a quiet electric noise. She should be home around now—it's already mid-afternoon and the sun was moderately up in the western sky.
Last edited by Stormwrath on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:53 pm

North Arkana wrote:

Reina de Mazelle

"And it really is such an intriguing ability," Reina says, her sudden approach having gone unnoticed while the two were talking. "So much potential just from the use of sound."

Kuhlfros wrote:Lucas Blixsen

"And yes, it is true you learn so much from getting into the real fights, where you're fighting and scraping for your life desperately." For a momentary second, there's a far off look in Reina's eyes, but it quickly fades. "No hold barred fights with other students you can trust are good experience. It's worth remembering that huntsmen and huntresses are just professionals. They get to choose their employers in the end, and not all employers are as scrupulous as the staff at Beacon."

Well, that's not entirely true...

Lucas Blixsen

Lucas instinctively jumped away from the unknown source of noise and raised his fists before putting them back down after realizing who the voice was coming from. He laughed off what she said

"Oh yeah, I think lot's of people forget...me included that being a Hunter is a job like any other..."

He turned back to Sirina and asked, "So are you able to manipulate loud sounds already existing as well right, like...say hypothetically if there was some thunder you could direct it or make it louder?"
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:16 am

On her bed, Avena rummaged through the piles of assorted trash, looking for something in particular. She tossed aside empty chip bags, candy wrappers, and dirty cloths as she searched the chaos that was her bed.

As she cleared away one pile, Avena came across a crumpled piece of paper. Curious, she uncrumpled it to take a look at what it said. Looking at the letterhead, it was from the dorm supervisor, possibly a notice. Not knowing what it was about, Avena began to read the letter.

Dear Avena Sharpe,

This notice is to inform you that your living area is in unaatisfactory conditions. This is the second week in a row that it has been in this condition and if things continue then disciplinary action will-

" Nope." Avena said as she crumpled the paper back up and threw it on the floor. She continued to siffen through the trash until she found what she was looking for. At the bottom the cloths and trash was one of Avena's risque comic books. The title was " Zombie Tramp" and the cover had a topless zombie girl using severed hands to cover her boobs.

" There you are." Avena said with a smile. She laid back down on the bed and began reading. Avena ignored most of the conversation between Jackson and Carmina up until the part about Jackson wanting Carmina to put on a shirt. When the redhead mentioned Jackson staring at Avena's chest, Avena blushed and hid her face deeper in the comic. When Jackson left to meet a certain woman, she looked up from the comic.

" You think he really has an interest in her?" Avena said out loud for anyone to hear. She moved away from the subject when Carmina mentioned tinkering with their weapons.

" Yeah!! Let's do that!!" Avena said as she threw the comic across the room. She jumped up from her bed and grabbed Grimsbane. She laid her weapon down on the floor between her bed and Carmina's. " Whatcha got!!" Avena said with a huge grin.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:10 am

Sirina Zezili

"OH, Miss de Mazelle. Thank you." Sirina said, she was genuinely surprised by the appearance of Reina. As Reina talked, Sirina's gaze fell downward. "Sure fighting gives experience, but if the fight leads to certain death, or its a fight with no reason, then why fight. Avoiding fights like those is the best move. But I guess that if you must fight for training, fighting someone you trust is best." She then raised her head and faced Lucas, "I could amplify the sound of thunder and direct it." Sirina said and cocked her head, "Are you afraid of thunder?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

North Arkana
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 16, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby North Arkana » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:50 pm

"OH, Miss de Mazelle. Thank you." Sirina said, she was genuinely surprised by the appearance of Reina. As Reina talked, Sirina's gaze fell downward. "Sure fighting gives experience, but if the fight leads to certain death, or its a fight with no reason, then why fight. Avoiding fights like those is the best move. But I guess that if you must fight for training, fighting someone you trust is best." She then raised her head and faced Lucas, "I could amplify the sound of thunder and direct it." Sirina said and cocked her head, "Are you afraid of thunder?"

Reina de Mazelle

"You've never asked yourself why nearly all the combat training you receive in any serious manner around here is being pitted against other students instead of Grimm?" Reina asks, her eyebrow raised at Sirinia's words about fighting. "Why the Vytal Festival has students from different kingdoms, who have learned different ways to fight, fighting each other instead of showing off their abilities to fight Grimm? Ask yourself those questions, both of you, they're important, because the world after graduation is a dark, dirty, dangerous place."
"I don't know everything, just the things I know"

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:50 pm

Water beaded down Togami's scarred chest as he cooled down from the days workout; he had spent too much time neglecting his training, and now that he had healed he needed to make up for lost time. A warm shower in the bathroom with the door firmly locked alway provided a nice escape, a time for relaxation before he again had to return to catching up on his studies and designing his new weapon after his axe shattered.

After the Hunter-in-training had dried and donned his uniform, Togami made his way to the library, but on the way-

"
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:23 pm

JACL's Room

Carmina sat up and began ruffling through her backpack, letting her hand feel through her stuff. Her palm came across a rolled-up piece of paper, and she produced it from her bag. She unfurled it and revealed not one but several rough drawings on a couple of papers torn from her notebook, showing the many ideas she had for a modified Grimsbane. "Boom," she mouthed as she laid them all out on the floor right next to Avena's rifle. Some of the drawings were pragmatic in their design, others were more outlandish. Still others stood out and probably transcended the rule of cool. Pointing to one of the sketches she began, "Here's one you're gonna like for sure. With a few mods here and a few more there, this little upgrade here'll make Grimsbane a full auto gun. Now you can pepper Grimm with lead much more easily!"

A major design element that Avena would notice was the inclusion of a much larger magazine, the kind that would be associated with battle rifles, as well as a prominent front sight. There was also a gas-propelled system that discarded shells much faster, and there were minor details that were designed to maintain the current rate of accuracy Grimsbane had. After all, with great power comes great recoil.

No wait, that wasn't right...

Carmina's finger moved quickly, landing on another drawing. "And this one'll put ya toe-to-toe with Ruby's scythe." This one featured a significantly larger shoulder butt that transformed into a much larger version of her halberd that featured a large and intricately-designed axe-like blade. The blade's edge featured a couple of notches that would tear a nasty cut deep into a Grimm's flesh and bones. "Of course, you'll have to twirl your gun 'round so you won't accidentally lob your arm off," she winked, "but it shouldn't be a problem for ya."

"Now that I think about it," she immediately thought of something, and she was starting to go crazy with 'power lust'. "I could probably combine the two together! Ohhhhh my god, this is going to be one hell of a weapon you're gonna have in your hands!"

Leif came around and stared at Carmina's drawings, amazed at the work she put into them. "How come you don't want to become an artist?" Leif asked.

Carmina waved her hand around and chuckled, "Nah, I'm not really good at drawing things to be honest. My sketches're probably not the cleanest."

Liar, Leif stared at her. What a liar.

Though something may have crossed her mind as she glanced at Avena's face. The sniper girl's cheeks were redder than usual, and her turquoise eyes didn't seem to want to make eye contact with Carmina's. Was something up? she thought. Then again, she did ask something with a concerned tone—something that Carmina may have missed from blocking out everything in the midst of boredom. Or did she? The gears in her mind continued to move until the sound of a loud click sounded in her head.

So that must be it!

Carmina's mouth slowly curled into a wide and devilish smirk, the widest that Avena will ever see. How the hell didn't the archer girl catch on before? "Jealous?" she muttered loud enough for Avena to hear.

Kuhlfros
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kuhlfros » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:15 pm

Lucas Blixsen

"Me? Scared of thunder? OH well I suppose you may not know my semblance...it's only fair that I tell you since I got to see yours. I have power over storms you see, lightning, wind, rain and thunder. I can summon them, use some of the pieces to a storm alone, stuff like that. I was just wondering how that make work with someone else's semblance."

He listened to what Miss de Mazelle said with intrigue. "The world is a dark and dangerous place....? Fighting other hunters in training? And then that thing about not all employers are as scrupu-what like Beacon professors...what kind of life did you live before coming here Miss de Mazelle"
He wondered but instead said dismissively
"Right right, Oh speaking of the Vytal Festival, you have me pumped to do some more combat training to prepare for that."
Kuhlfros
Member of Greater Ixnay

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:44 pm

Sirina Zezili

When Reina asked if she'd ever asked herself why nearly all the combat training they received was against other students and not Grimm, Sirina looked down. The world after graduation is a dark, dirty, dangerous place. You don't have to tell me that.... Sirina thought and drifted into her own mind. She was snapped back into reality when Lucas began speaking again. She face him and listened.

"You didn't have to tell me. I would learn it when I needed to." Sirina said, "Yeah, the Vytal Festival.... Well, if you want to qualify then get training right. Anyways, Lucas, Miss de Mazelle, I should really get going now. Good bye. I'll see you later... except not see, you get it. Anyways, bye." She said and started to head back to her teams room.

On her way back she heard someone. Someone walking. She could make out the figure. Just meandering along, towards her team's room, and more importantly, right behind her. She brought her cane up to smack the person behind her. The cane was stopped dead by the person grabbing it.

"Whoa Sirina... You are tense." Ning said and let go of the cane, "I managed to sneak up on you."

Sirina smirked, "You really aren't that bright are you? You didn't sneak up on me."

Ning sighed, "So you wanted to hit me?"

"No... I knew you'd catch it." Sirina said and started to walk again.

Ning just shook his head and followed, "So, I heard something really interesting today that concerns you."

"Before you ask. Miss Silver challenged me. I just accepted."

"Wait. You got into a fight with one of the combat teachers?"

"Oh.... That wasn't what you were referring to was it?"

Ning smirked, "Nope. But now my curiousity is perked. What happened?"

"We tied...." Sirina muttered.

"What was that?"

Sirina shot Ning a blind glare, "I said that we tied. Well, we got to a point where both our aura's were in the red so to speak and both our weapons where pointing at each others throats. So she called it."

"Wow....." Ning said, "I'm guessing you got a lot of attention afterwards..."

Sirina nodded.

"Anyways, what I was going to say was... Togami's out and about today." Ning said and watched a smile appear on Sirina's face, "Did you ever tell him?"

Sirina looked down and blushed, "Ever since the.... you know.... I haven't seen him.... I'm still not sure if he heard me the first time...."

It was then they turned a corner and Ning was first to see Togami. "Wow, look at that. We were just talking about you."

Sirina froze and forced her head up to face Togami while trying to hide the fact she was still blushing. She couldn't help but turn around after a single second and look right at Ning with a you planned this look. Ning figured out what she was trying to say and just shrugged before Sirina turned back to face Togami.

"H-H-Hi Togami...." Sirina started, "Are you feeling better?"
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:07 pm

Avena sat on the floor and looked at Carmina's hand drawn schematics. She half listened to what Carmina was saying and sat there in silence. The sniper had something else on her mind and it was bothering her. She wondered what Jackson was doing with that older woman. She didn't know why she was so worried about her team leader.

A better word for her emotion would be jealousy. Was she really jealous of a woman she didn't know? Maybe that was why she had these thoughts. The woman was mysterious and attractive, which was disconcerning. Wgatever her emotions were, they confused Avena didn't know how to process it.

Avena finally looked up at Carmina, hearing her mention how jealous she looked. Shit!! Avena thought to herself. She was really bad at hiding her emotions, her team always reading her like a book. She tried to think of a way to distract everyone like she did in the cafeteria, but there was nothing to take advantage of. She would have to change the subject verbally.

" What?! I'm not jealous! If I am, it because I lost to Ruby recently. And that's not even jealously, it's determination to beat her." Avena said, trying her best to talk her way out of the situation.

" Out of me, Ruby, and Nora, who have the heaviest weaponry, Ruby has the handling and control. My entire fighting style is nothing but unorthodox movements to keep my opponent off balance. Nora is a powerhouse! she's way stronger than I am, plus Magnhild is badass!"

" Your mods, like you said, is going to definitely turn the tide. I can't wait to see their faces when I suprise them with the new and improved Grimsbane!" Avena said as she stood up and pumped her fist. Hopefully her excitment distracted Carmina from the jealously subject.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:[...]
It was then they turned a corner and Ning was first to see Togami. "Wow, look at that. We were just talking about you."

Sirina froze and forced her head up to face Togami while trying to hide the fact she was still blushing. She couldn't help but turn around after a single second and look right at Ning with a you planned this look. Ning figured out what she was trying to say and just shrugged before Sirina turned back to face Togami.

"H-H-Hi Togami...." Sirina started, "Are you feeling better?"

"I'm feeling... adequate. Yes, that sounds right." Togami looked them both over with quick glances. Talking about me? I suppose that's not far-fetched- I've been under medical care for a while now. No doubt they're wondering when I'll be back in the game.

"I was just on my way to the library after exercising to regain some muscle; Lying in bed for a while really did a number on my stamina, but I'm mostly where I was before." Togami explained. "What about you two? How are things coming along?"
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:19 pm

Ning Kohkahycumest and Sirina Zezili

"Good for you. And I figure that something like that would. Though, be careful you aren't over doing anything." Ning said, "As for how things are coming along... Well, everything is normal with me. Things are going. You know, studying, meditating, practicing, the normal things. Still managing to remain like a background character. Seen but not heard most of the time. But that works for me." He then smirked, "Sirina though..."

"Hey! Ningcompoop, how about you don't try and get me to share information... Especially about things that I was going to share." Sirina said and face Togami, "If you were feeling better, why didn't you come to class? You missed something really amazing... I got challenged by Miss Silver, and... well...."
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:11 am

JACL's Room

Avena was terrible at denial. Really terrible at it. The redhead knew her teammate would do something to detract from the thing that made her cheeks fluster, and that was what she exactly did there and then. Carmina glanced up from her schematics and smirked at her, with eyes narrowing and her face drawing closer to Avena's. "Sure. Determination."

Now if she were just as determined to confess, that would be very much appreciated.

Eh, Carmina figured she might as well let that slide for now to let Avena think she succeeded. It's going to bite the sniper girl in the ass eventually, she thought, like it always does in the movies.

Anyways, back to the drawings. As Carmina went over her plans and began to choose a couple she could use, Avena went and compared herself with Ruby and Nora, who were her equals in combat and perhaps in personality. Those two seem to prefer to use their respective weapons' melee configurations instead of taking the easy way out and firing some shots. The redhead figured that Avena was at a disadvantage when it came to how far her weapon can reach—not even when the halberd's drawn out. Maybe if she got rid of the prongs at the tip of the barrel...

Nonononono, Carmina shook the thought of it off. That must be needed for Avena to use as a fulcrum if she wanted to use her rifle to twirl around and kick her opponents squarely in the face. Maybe that could be for another time.

Strangely enough, Avena seemed to forget about a certain famous sophomore's weapon—a gatling gun stuffed in a briefcase. Let's be honest, while Ruby and Nora had their strong suits, nothing could beat Coco Adel's pepperbox, Carmina thought. "You seem to forget about Coco's weapon," she added. "That fucker."

After a few more seconds of looking it over, it looks like she'll be using a couple of her schematics in her little tinkering session today, she thought. Jackson ain't gonna be around for a while, plus there should be some parts, so she's gonna be working on the gun's loading systems first before figuring out how to load a large mechanical blade into a shoulder butt.

"I think if it came to Ruby, she'd be hella impressed," she jested, taking the papers she needed. "Like she'd drool all over your rifle like a dog."

She stood up and said to Avena, "Anyways, I think I can find the parts I want in the workshop. Ya might wanna bring your gun along, we're testing the thing once we be done."

After putting on a shirt, she tossed the rest of her drawings on her desk and opened the door. "Leif," she called out, "you're gonna be all right here?"

While Carmina and Avena had been on the floor, Leif was in the middle of glossing over his textbook for a class. He looked up from his study and replied, "Yeah, no worries."

The door was closed, and Leif was left in the room all alone. It was just him and a bunch of books and paper all over his desk.

Beacon Academy Workshop

The workshop was pretty far from the classrooms despite being in the main building, which kind of explains why the typical student at Beacon would spend a little more time walking there—and it certainly was far from the dorms. But at least it wasn't as far as the CCT tower. The shop was similar in layout to that of a blacksmith's, with the furnace in one area, the anvils in another, and the tables occupying much of the room. There also was an intern that took care of the place while everyone's gone, though it seemed that Ozpin hasn't got to paying him more yet. Oh well.

"Oh good, no one's here," Carmina waltzed into the workshop with Avena and Grimsbane behind her. "Now we can have it all to ourselves!"

Laying the schematics on one of the tables she went and took an apron from one of the hooks and a few tools that she could use. "Avena," she pointed to a large box over at the far end of the shop, "look for one of those mechanical folding thingys. A-and some lumps of metal."

Guess for now Avena was Carmina's apprentice, so to speak. Eh, not like the intern's here or anything—it should be his day off today.

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:32 pm

" Oh yeah!!" Avena exclaimed as she realized who she forgot. " How could I forget the badassness that is Coco Adel? Her gatling gun is amazing! It's all like ratatatatatatatatatatatata!" Avena said as she pretended to fire a large machine gun. " Which reminds me, what is bunny girl's weapon? She has that lunchbox thing, maybe it's another gatling gun. That would be badass."

Avena and Carmina gathered up a couple of things before heading out. Avena was super excited to be upgrading Grimsbane. She imagined all the things she would be able to pull off with a modded weapon. Maybe she would win against Ruby and Nora?

When it was time to leave, the girls of Team JACL left the dorm room. They made their may across Beacon to the academy workshop, where various students come to do repairs. The two opened the door and came to find out that the workshop was void of people, to which Carmina mentioned that not even the intern was absent. " Isn't he that weird guy covered in dirt and grease? He tried asking me out once." Avena said as the two walked over to a table and she laid Grimsbane down.

Now it was time to get to work. Since Carmina was more handy when it came to this kind of stuff, she was calling the shots. She asked Avena to grab a couple of things to get started. " Gotcha!!" Avena replied as she ran to gather the supplies. Avena searched through several shelves looking for the needed objects.

She would pick up different objects, realized that it wasn't what she was looking for, and then tossed it over her shoulder. Everytime she did that and it hit the floor, the metal created a deafening clanking noise. Eventually, Avena found what she needed and returned to the table. " Here you go." She said as she handed Carmina the stuff.

Military Factbook
Strike witches

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:25 am

Workshop

Carmina suppressed a snicker. "Wait, he did?" she turned around, looked at Avena and smirked. "He's always like that, he's the intern. After hearing he actually asked you out, someone should tell 'im he may have to wait in line."

That came out wrong in so many ways, she realized.

Carmina returned her gaze to the table, but she could hear pieces of metal clank loudly on the floor. She turned around to see what was causing that noise, and her eyes landed on Avena going through the different objects, tossing the ones that weren't what Carmina asked for. Yep, it's Avena. Oh god, I somehow feel sorry for the guy when he comes back here.

"Thaaank you," she received the mechanical folding apparatus and the metal bars and laid it on the table. "Okay, now take one of the metal bars and mold it into blades for the folding axehead." This should be easy for someone like Avena to handle—one could heat the furnace up pretty easily with red Dust, though not too much.

The redhead then returned to her work and began to tinker with the folding mechanism, picking up the tools she needed for the task at hand. A tiny adjustment to the bars here, and some tightening there, and some trimming off somewhere, it was beginning to come together—though the mechanism was pretty much bare and naked without the blades that it'll move once they're put on.

This'll be a while...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse