NATION

PASSWORD

International Space Agency (Dead)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Blorbs
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:39 pm

The Federation of the Cascadias
The Empire of Japan and Pacific States
The Argentine Reich
The Democracy of Merni
The Democratic Republic of Likeminded Peoples
he Empire of Promethea
The Ascendancy of Cártána

Y'all are accepted.

You wont be on the boards though, because I can't edit the thing, but I can accept you, however much that really adds.

Anyways, if you guys want to make an RP go ahead by all means.
Last edited by Blorbs on Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space - each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
- Randall Munroe

The Pacifican Islands
Ambassador

Founded: May 30, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Pacifican Islands » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:41 pm

Let's do a Mars mission.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:43 pm

The Pacifican Islands wrote:Let's do a Mars mission.

Seems a bit ambitious... why not something a bit smaller first?
"The universe is probably littered with the one-planet graves of cultures which made the sensible economic decision that there's no good reason to go into space - each discovered, studied, and remembered by the ones who made the irrational decision."
- Randall Munroe

Promethean Colonialists
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Promethean Colonialists » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 am

Blorbs wrote:

A Mars mission seems to be small enough.
Jk. Why not?

Steelers0525
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Steelers0525 » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:02 am

Full Nation Name: The United States Of Steelers0525
Head of State: Bill Clark

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?: yes, We have a space tourism business which can be used for purposes of reasearch.
Money pledged to the ISA annually: 850,000,000
Type of Membership desired: Full

(If applicable, answer below. If not, ignore.)
Name of Space Agency: SSTA
Type (Public, private, etc.): Government owned Plubicly used
Annual budget (NSD): 365,750,000,000
Location of Headquarters: Tersona
Location of Mission Control: Highnet

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?: We are a nation who loves to explore space, we have a tourism industry but it is not widely trusted by our people as safe yet, therefore with involvement in the ISA out people will trust it as safe.
Last edited by Steelers0525 on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
This nation does NOT reflect my views!
(All of the underlined are clickable links)
View my factbook for military units
War Record:
Victories: 4
Objectives met: 1
Equal treaty: 4
Losses: 2

Congreveopia
Minister

Founded: Dec 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:17 am

Blorbs wrote:

I think we might be in the mood for something ambitious. We don't have to make it part of the MT ISA cannon, but we could do a Mars Mission RP nonetheless.
"Close air support covereth a multitude of sins." - Maxim 4

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
Equator Confederation wrote:Congreveopia has spoken. Do it now.
Vancon wrote:Enter Cong, the smartest of our bunch.
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Guadalupador » Wed Jul 20, 2016 2:53 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Blorbs wrote:Seems a bit ambitious... why not something a bit smaller first?

I think we might be in the mood for something ambitious. We don't have to make it part of the MT ISA cannon, but we could do a Mars Mission RP nonetheless.

Let's do something at least.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:21 pm

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Social Paradise of Tectonix (The Dominion of Tectonix for NS)
Head of State: Valdr Alexander J. Maxwell

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?: I am willing to allow the ISA access to the Atlas Space Citadel near Stellanova City; the ASC is a sprawling, interconnecting mass of buildings, residential complexes, factories, research labs, etc. all devoted to the advancement of the Tectonixian Caelum Program, which is the national space program. Also willing to allow the ISA to use the Stella Orbital Satellite, the Tectonixian Exoatmospheric Laser-based Communications Array, the Inverno Advanced Satellite, the Caelum I Exoatmospheric Solar Sail Vehicle, and the Spatium III Conventional Exoatmospheric Delivery Vehicle.
Money pledged to the ISA annually: 1,000,000,000 Tectias
Type of Membership desired: Full Member

Name of Space Agency: Tectonixian Aeronautics and Space Advancement Administration
Type (Public, private, etc.): Publically-funded, but receives private investment in return for short-term rental of ASC facilities.
Annual budget (NSD): ~300,000,000,000 NSD
Location of Headquarters: Stellanova City, Capital District, Tectonix
Location of Mission Control: Atlas Space Citadel

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?: I wish to join the ISA to further advance my nation's space program and to become involved in a community as large and detailed such as this one.
Last edited by Tectonix on Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Reutoa
Minister

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Reutoa » Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:41 am

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Imperial Kaiserreich of Reutoa
Head of State: His Imperial Majesty, Kaiser Wilhelm Henrich Schmitz II

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?: Herkin, Jernburg
Money pledged to the ISA annually: 30 Million

Name of Space Agency: The Imperial Reutoan Space Agency
Type (Public, private, etc.): Public
Annual budget (NSD): 2.6 Billion
Location of Headquarters: Bremenburg
Location of Mission Control: Vaterunser

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?: We wish to engage in the international space community and further the understanding of space.
The Presidential Republic of Reutoa
19 year old Rockefeller Republican, College Student studying History to be a Teacher, Former Campaign Aide, aspiring pescatarian

WELD 2020
"Every time you stand up for an ideal, you send forth a tiny ripple of hope."
-Senator Robert F. Kennedy

Every post made before August 2020 is not canon for this Nation.

North Libya
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby North Libya » Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:37 am

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The Democratic Republic of North Libya
Head of State: President Erin Johnson

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?: Yes. Sahara National Space Observatory
Money pledged to the ISA annually: $1,200,000,000
Type of Membership desired:

Name of Space Agency: North Libya Space Agency (NLSA)
Annual budget (NSD): $ 7,000,000,000
Location of Headquarters: Tripoli
Location of Mission Control: Jakar, Province of Algeria

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?: We wish to engage in the international space community and further the understanding of space.

Karoghustan
Envoy

Founded: May 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Karoghustan » Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:36 pm

]Member Application

Full Nation Name:democratic republic of karoghustan
Head of State:tang juang ajeng

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?:yes,daroni space station,kurutagi space station,fidelion headquarter,andro bertonio mission control
Money pledged to the ISA annually:82,450,000 avero for 1 month
Type of Membership desired:member

Name of Space Agency:andro bertonio space agency and national stans space agency
Type (Public, private, etc.):private and public
Annual budget (NSD): 95,000,000,000 avero for 1 month
Location of Headquarters:
Location of Mission Control:

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?:

Steelers0525
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Steelers0525 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:22 am

So was I accepted?

<MODEDIT: SPAM LINK REMOVED>
Last edited by Reploid Productions on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation does NOT reflect my views!
(All of the underlined are clickable links)
View my factbook for military units
War Record:
Victories: 4
Objectives met: 1
Equal treaty: 4
Losses: 2

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 06, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:18 pm

I'm not sure we ever will be. It appears to be quite some time since Legatia has even checked in. EDIT: no applications have been accepted (or, evidently, even considered) since 26 June.

I'm considering writing a reboot of this under a different name. Is the interest out there?
Last edited by Mewsland on Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:50 pm

Mewsland wrote:I'm not sure we ever will be. It appears to be quite some time since Legatia has even checked in. EDIT: no applications have been accepted (or, evidently, even considered) since 26 June.

I'm considering writing a reboot of this under a different name. Is the interest out there?

There are fundamental difficulties with how a group like this works. There was plenty of interest over the course of this thread, but we did nothing with it. I would love to see a reboot of this that makes the concept properly work.

Most of the problems here center around too narrow a window of what contemporary space exploration entails. There were cool ideas for missions, probes, RPs, and more, but most of it got dropped for being slightly too far fetched.

I'd suggest that it be rebooted into a looser concept of the ISA as a unifying space exploration agency for the NS world ranging through a broad time period (1960-2040, maybe). Its role would be to host space-enthusiast NSers and serve as a discussion thread both for concept ideas (things like "I was wondering about sending a rover to Venus for about 1 billion dollars with 2010 tech, is that possible?" and "So why don't more probes use pulsed plasma thrusters?") and for space-related RPs (things like the first human landing on mars in the late 2030s, or a fire onboard an early space station in the 1970s).

This would mean that the ISA would have a less thoroughly established cannon as an organization ("So was the Congreveopian asteroid capture mission the first manned deep space ISA program, or was it the first flyby of Mars that Blorbs did?"), but I think the wider room for storytelling would be well worth it.

Also, I'd be happy to co-op a reboot. I'm a bit busy to write a full OP right now, but I could manage an active ISA thread.

Congreveopia is an advanced MT nation, managed by the artificial superintelligence known as "Nexus". It is very active in global affairs, and loves manipulating nations to steer the future of the world.
Links:
The United Remnants of America wrote:Except for Cong, whom I'm now decently sure is a superhuman being we should probably be worshipping.

Ivelboria
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ivelboria » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Member Application

Full Nation Name: The United Democratic Kingdom of Ivelboria
Head of State: Queen Syarvarnta I

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?: The Malmean Space Agency and Djurmapeste Space Station
Money pledged to the ISA annually: 50 Million NS Dollars
Type of Membership desired: Full Member State

Name of Space Agency: Bolfayema Space Agency
Type (Public, private, etc.): Private
Annual budget (NSD): NSD 5,000,000,000
Location of Headquarters: Bolfayem
Location of Mission Control: Ieesleevie, Province of Acres

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?: To understand more about space and contribute by doing missions going to space.
The Neviersian Federation ✩ De Fédération Neviersien
In Neviersia, your hard-earned tax money funds countryball art, endless paperwork, "free" healthcare and gawd-awful humour. Even the countryballs need therapy. What's not to love?
GOV.NE | About Neviersia | Wikipedia | Politics | States & Territories | Cities
- Born and bred in good ol' Yorkshire.
- I know my nation is called Ivelboria but I was too lazy to make a new nation. :P
- Chronic workaholic who keeps making factbooks...
- NS stats not used.
- The stars on my flag can spin either way.. :P
Economic: 0.63 (2016), 1.0 (2019), -0.63 (2021), -1.88 (2022)
Social: 0.97 (2016), -2.97 (2019), -3.28 (2021), -0.72 (2022)

1/5/21: Started using the GIF flag. For 3/4 years before that I used this one.

Spoilerception? Here's how!

Leinadior
Civilian

Founded: Jul 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Leinadior » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:41 pm

align=center]Member Application[/align]

Full Nation Name: The Nomadic Peoples of Leinadior
Head of State: Chief Dictator Herman Meisik

Are you willing to allow the ISA to use any facilities your nation owns? If so, what are they?: Meisik Center of Flying Machines
Money pledged to the ISA annually: 50 Million NSD

Name of Space Agency: Leinadior Space Agency
Annual budget (NSD): 5 Billion NSD
Location of Headquarters: Gwamo City
Location of Mission Control: Gwamo City

Why does your nation want to join the ISA?: To gain support for our new space agency so that it can grow to a respectable agency in the future.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Congreveopia wrote:
Mewsland wrote:I'm not sure we ever will be. It appears to be quite some time since Legatia has even checked in. EDIT: no applications have been accepted (or, evidently, even considered) since 26 June.

There are fundamental difficulties with how a group like this works. There was plenty of interest over the course of this thread, but we did nothing with it. I would love to see a reboot of this that makes the concept properly work.

Most of the problems here center around too narrow a window of what contemporary space exploration entails. There were cool ideas for missions, probes, RPs, and more, but most of it got dropped for being slightly too far fetched.

I'd suggest that it be rebooted into a looser concept of the ISA as a unifying space exploration agency for the NS world ranging through a broad time period (1960-2040, maybe). Its role would be to host space-enthusiast NSers and serve as a discussion thread both for concept ideas (things like "I was wondering about sending a rover to Venus for about 1 billion dollars with 2010 tech, is that possible?" and "So why don't more probes use pulsed plasma thrusters?") and for space-related RPs (things like the first human landing on mars in the late 2030s, or a fire onboard an early space station in the 1970s).

This would mean that the ISA would have a less thoroughly established cannon as an organization ("So was the Congreveopian asteroid capture mission the first manned deep space ISA program, or was it the first flyby of Mars that Blorbs did?"), but I think the wider room for storytelling would be well worth it.

Also, I'd be happy to co-op a reboot. I'm a bit busy to write a full OP right now, but I could manage an active ISA thread.

Yeah, most of the possible missions that we had were shot down mainly because of monetary reasons and technology restrictions. I'm all for a wider canon for the new ISA, makes for some better stories. If we do reboot this organization, send me a TG for the new thread.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Guad, Congreve: I'm going to have you two as co-OPs and in directorial positions in the new Unified Astronautics Organization (name a work in progress, happy to take suggestions). My suggestion for the new org is that it acts in the role of a discussion place for space enthusiasts, but it still has its own canon.

The limitations of "ISA canon" are that you can't go back or forward. You can't clean up previous history, nor can you write the future as so many NSers do. Therefore, what I would propose is that "UAO canon" works out a definitive date as a group for RPs, that could be anywhere in the range of 1940 (early rocketry development) to 2050 (interplanetary colonies, or perhaps more) or later. We also work out as a group limitations on space tech over UAO canon (no men in orbit before 195x, no men on the moon before 1965?, etc.etc.etc.) so that everyone operates from the same frame of reference (if we say 'no men on Mars before 2000', we wouldn't allow anyone to claim a Mars landing in 1967, as a heavily exaggerated example).

I'm getting started on the thread now.
Any and all dates I use in MT and PMT RPs on the Diplomacy forums are on the Cártányne calendar. See this factbook for details.
I return at long last to P2TM: At the Gates of Elysium, the first part of a new planned series titled The Elysium Variations developed in collaboration with Zarkenis Ultima & Sovreignry, is open now!

Tectonix
Minister

Founded: Apr 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tectonix » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:20 am

Mewsland wrote:Guad, Congreve: I'm going to have you two as co-OPs and in directorial positions in the new Unified Astronautics Organization (name a work in progress, happy to take suggestions). My suggestion for the new org is that it acts in the role of a discussion place for space enthusiasts, but it still has its own canon.

The limitations of "ISA canon" are that you can't go back or forward. You can't clean up previous history, nor can you write the future as so many NSers do. Therefore, what I would propose is that "UAO canon" works out a definitive date as a group for RPs, that could be anywhere in the range of 1940 (early rocketry development) to 2050 (interplanetary colonies, or perhaps more) or later. We also work out as a group limitations on space tech over UAO canon (no men in orbit before 195x, no men on the moon before 1965?, etc.etc.etc.) so that everyone operates from the same frame of reference (if we say 'no men on Mars before 2000', we wouldn't allow anyone to claim a Mars landing in 1967, as a heavily exaggerated example).

I would be open to this idea; Unified Astronautics Organization is a bit clunky,though. Here are some suggestions:

United Space Federation
International Space Organization
Organization for the Advancement of Aeronautics
International Space Federation
World Aeronautics and Space Administration
International Aeronautics and Space Administration
United Space Command
United Space Affiliation
Unified Space Affiliation
League of Space-faring Nations

Just some ideas of mine. You can adapt them however you want.
Economic Left/Right: -4.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.36
Senator Giovanni Galatis of the DP
Member of the Democratic Party of Galatea - For the many, not the few

Federal Corporation of Commerce
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Federal Corporation of Commerce » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:23 am

Shuttle 509 departing from the shuttle bay. Shuttle 509 departing from the shuttle bay.

Mewsland
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mewsland » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:07 pm

Tectonix wrote:
Mewsland wrote:Guad, Congreve: I'm going to have you two as co-OPs and in directorial positions in the new Unified Astronautics Organization (name a work in progress, happy to take suggestions). My suggestion for the new org is that it acts in the role of a discussion place for space enthusiasts, but it still has its own canon.

I would be open to this idea; Unified Astronautics Organization is a bit clunky,though. Here are some suggestions:

United Space Federation
International Space Organization
Organization for the Advancement of Aeronautics
International Space Federation
World Aeronautics and Space Administration
International Aeronautics and Space Administration
United Space Command
United Space Affiliation
Unified Space Affiliation
League of Space-faring Nations

Just some ideas of mine. You can adapt them however you want.

The UAO name was something I just sprung up in five minutes.

I think the International Space Federation (the ISF) works out nicely.

Thread OP almost finished. Will reserve a few posts after it and then open things up to get started.
Last edited by Mewsland on Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:48 pm

Wait, what happened while I'm gone

We're starting a thread? or...
- Randall Munroe

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:49 pm

Blorbs wrote:Wait, what happened while I'm gone

We're starting a thread? or...

Yep, welcome aboard.

Blorbs
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Blorbs » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:30 am

I'd co-OP as well if you need it.
Last edited by Blorbs on Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Randall Munroe

Congreveopia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Congreveopia » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:55 am

The new thread's here, sorry if you missed it when it was started.

I was about to come looking for you anyways, Blorbs. I'm going to shortly be running a new space RP for the new thread, and I thought you might well be interested in participating.

EDIT: and now the OOC thread for that RP is up.
Last edited by Congreveopia on Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

Links:

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates