NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Never Heroes (A Superhero RP) OOC / HIATUS

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:14 pm

So people on said list don't need to report in...?
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Vacif wrote:So people on said list don't need to report in...?

Yes, probably.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:20 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Vacif wrote:So people on said list don't need to report in...?

Yes, probably.

You guys have been active so I assume that you're going to remain active barring some event beyond your control. In any case you simply posting that is good enough to show that you're still alive and paying attention, which is good enough for me.

EDIT: That being said, what are your thoughts on the situation? I'm willing to keep the RP going in you're game.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:36 pm

I'm just going to make it official now. I'm withdrawing from this RP. I just lost interest in this topic. Sorry Bei, but hey, at least I'm sticking with Ace Combat: Broken Line. So I'll be still seeing you there.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:50 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:I'm just going to make it official now. I'm withdrawing from this RP. I just lost interest in this topic. Sorry Bei, but hey, at least I'm sticking with Ace Combat: Broken Line. So I'll be still seeing you there.

No problem. Would rather you officially withdraw rather than not post and leave us hanging.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Yes, probably.

You guys have been active so I assume that you're going to remain active barring some event beyond your control. In any case you simply posting that is good enough to show that you're still alive and paying attention, which is good enough for me.

EDIT: That being said, what are your thoughts on the situation? I'm willing to keep the RP going in you're game.

I'm willing to throw in support to keep the RP going.

This RP is too good to be on hiatus just because we have few players. Keep this open and advertise it and I think we're going to get some more players.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:21 pm

I am here, but just fair warning bei, If We are Evolving is rebotted wand this is still going, may drop this, lol. But yeah i am still here, miffed at missign threads, but still here.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Warriors of the Sun
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Warriors of the Sun » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:45 am

Well, I'll just keep posting until someone tells me to stop I suppose...

So how are we going to deal with people who drop out? Do we act as if they were never there or do we act as if they left. About finished with a small post and not sure if I should have my character bring up the fact that a lot of people didn't show up to day, or just act as if the group was always on the smaller side.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:22 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Yes, probably.

I'm just waiting on a timeskip so i can re-introduce Lucio by having his Lab setup in the Bunker.
Yo, that's mad.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 29, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:22 pm

I'm fairly interested in this. I've been wanting to join a developed RP lately, but it's hard to find one in need of people. If you guys could fill me in on the details and maybe tell me who's still here, I'll try to have an app up soon.
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

This is the best region ever. You know you want it.

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Shark isle wrote:Hi, I tried to make an app for this RP when it first opened but I never got a chance to finish it. Can i try to finish it now that it is semi-opened?

Feel free. Semi-Open really only means that we're more nitpicky, but given that we had a lot of people leave we're more than accepting right now. Any questions feel free to ask.

I will try to put an app up soon.
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:38 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:I'm fairly interested in this. I've been wanting to join a developed RP lately, but it's hard to find one in need of people. If you guys could fill me in on the details and maybe tell me who's still here, I'll try to have an app up soon.

Feel free to join in. Long story short, the Benefactor has called together various people who have powers and has swayed them to help out in fighting the good fight, though not everyone is good at heart. Currently they are trying to find a Dr. Ambrose who has the knowhow to create Variants, and to stop him from releasing that on the world. To find him they have attempted to find his brother, Robert Klein, who has crossed the Syndicate, a crime organization. Currently they are about to save Klein to find Ambrose.

Ubaria wrote:I'm just waiting on a timeskip so i can re-introduce Lucio by having his Lab setup in the Bunker.

We time skipped to the next morning, though I doubt that's long enough to get you things set up.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:36 pm

NAME: Robert Baker
This is a wip. How is it so far?
ALIAS: Crackdown
NATIONALITY: American
ETHNICITY: White
APPEARANCE: http://www.immediateentourage.com/ie/wp ... alking.png, (Out of costume)
In Costume: http://previews.123rf.com/images/goce/g ... police.jpg. ( Like the photo except instead of a visor he wears a black ski mask.)
ALIGNMENT: Chaotic, Good

ABILITIES: None
SKILLS: A skilled marksman and hand-to-hand combatant.
WEAKNESS: He is a recovering Alcoholic.

GOALS: To bring justice to Seattle
FEARS: Failure

EQUIPMENT: A police baton
A bean bag gun
12 canisters of tear gas
a stun gun
pepper spray
3 flash bang grenades
A Desert Eagle to use as a last resort.
PERSONALITY: Crackdown is a quick-tempered man who is easily angered. He is also plagued by fits of depression which results in him drinking copious amounts of alcohol. However, as Robert, he is mostly seen by the general public as a quiet and reserved man who rarely talks.
DISLIKES: (OPTIONAL)

BIO: Robert was born in 1980 in Boise, Idaho. Unfortunately, shortly after he was born his parents died in a car crash and he had to live with his Grandfather in Seattle. His Grandfather, who was a retired policeman, encouraged Robert to follow in his footsteps and became a policeman. After highschool, Robert went to the police academy and spent the next year training to become a policeman. During his training he was shocked to find out that his grandfather passed away, leaving Robert with no family. After training, Robert became a beat cop for Seattle's 9th Precinct for five years. During Robert's tenth year on the force, he applied to join S.W.A.T. and was accepted. After a month of grueling training, Robert became a member of a SWAT squardron called Beta. Robert spent the next ten years on Beta handling situations that ranged from search warrents all the way to hostage situations. Then one day, something happened which changed Robert's life forever. Robert and his team were called to neutralize a Eco-terrorist named Sinclair who had hostages inside a museum. After Sinclair was neutralized, BETA was leading out the hostages when suddenly, a bomb went off, killing most of BETA and all of the hostages.

After the fallout of the explosion, Robert woke up in a hospital where he found out that he was the only survivor of BETA squadron. After Robert got out of the hospital, he developed a sever case of survivor's guilt and started drinking heavily. Five months after the museum explosion, Robert was dismissed from the police force for his heavy drinking and bad behavior. But what his superiors didn't know was that for a few days before he got fired Robert had been stockpiling police equipment he had "borrowed" from the police armory. After being fired Robert became a brutal vigilante called Crackdown and started to fight crime all over Seattle. Recently, He found out from a informant that the equipment Sinclair used was purchased from the blackmarket from a group calling themselves The Syndicate. Robert is currently targeting Syndicate operations across Seattle trying to get his revenge.

RP EXAMPLE:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=380845&p=29225168#p29225168

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FywSzjRq0e4
Last edited by Shark isle on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:34 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Neo Arcad wrote:I'm fairly interested in this. I've been wanting to join a developed RP lately, but it's hard to find one in need of people. If you guys could fill me in on the details and maybe tell me who's still here, I'll try to have an app up soon.

Feel free to join in. Long story short, the Benefactor has called together various people who have powers and has swayed them to help out in fighting the good fight, though not everyone is good at heart. Currently they are trying to find a Dr. Ambrose who has the knowhow to create Variants, and to stop him from releasing that on the world. To find him they have attempted to find his brother, Robert Klein, who has crossed the Syndicate, a crime organization. Currently they are about to save Klein.

Eeeeenteresting. So if you were to suggest a character... what role would you have them play in this?
Ostroeuropa wrote:Two shirtless men on a pushback with handlebar moustaches and a kettle conquered India, at 17:04 in the afternoon on a Tuesday. They rolled the bike up the hill and demanded that the natives set about acquiring bureaucratic records.

Des-Bal wrote:Modern politics is a series of assholes and liars trying to be more angry than each other until someone lets a racist epithet slip and they all scatter like roaches.

NSLV wrote:Introducing the new political text from acclaimed author/yak, NEO ARCAD, an exploration of nuclear power in the Middle East and Asia, "Nuclear Penis: He Won't Call You Again".

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:13 pm

Neo Arcad wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Feel free to join in. Long story short, the Benefactor has called together various people who have powers and has swayed them to help out in fighting the good fight, though not everyone is good at heart. Currently they are trying to find a Dr. Ambrose who has the knowhow to create Variants, and to stop him from releasing that on the world. To find him they have attempted to find his brother, Robert Klein, who has crossed the Syndicate, a crime organization. Currently they are about to save Klein.

Eeeeenteresting. So if you were to suggest a character... what role would you have them play in this?

Most people have more defensive or support powers. Could use a good old classic power (super strength for example) for a little more offense.

Aghrabia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aghrabia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:02 pm

I'm just here to inform you that I'll be inactive until the 8th August, so Stephen is now an NPC for the duration (not that he was doing much in the first place).
Deus Vult, Infidel!

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:52 pm

Shark isle wrote:...

It's a good start. Though he's not a Variant, so it's entirely possible that the Benefactor would simply ignore him, unless he was doing some vigilante justice that may have drawn some unwanted attention?

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:46 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Shark isle wrote:...

It's a good start. Though he's not a Variant, so it's entirely possible that the Benefactor would simply ignore him, unless he was doing some vigilante justice that may have drawn some unwanted attention?

He is currently targeting the Syndicate because they are responsible for the death of his SWAT squadron. His squadron's death is one of the reasons he turned into a vigilante.
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:53 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:It's a good start. Though he's not a Variant, so it's entirely possible that the Benefactor would simply ignore him, unless he was doing some vigilante justice that may have drawn some unwanted attention?

He is currently targeting the Syndicate because they ere responsible for the death of his SWAT squadron. His squadron's death is one of the reasons he turned into a vigilante.

Do you have a backstory about what happened to the SWAT team? The Syndicate is more akin to, say, the mafia than a terror group, and so while dangerous they would make it a priority to avoid police intervention and would likely only resort to violence if absolutely necessary. Killing a detective discreetly is more probable than taking their chances with a gunfight.

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 6:59 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Shark isle wrote:He is currently targeting the Syndicate because they ere responsible for the death of his SWAT squadron. His squadron's death is one of the reasons he turned into a vigilante.

Do you have a backstory about what happened to the SWAT team? The Syndicate is more akin to, say, the mafia than a terror group, and so while dangerous they would make it a priority to avoid police intervention and would likely only resort to violence if absolutely necessary. Killing a detective discreetly is more probable than taking their chances with a gunfight.

I was thinking about the idea of The Syndicate selling weaponry to a terrorist named Sinclair. Sinclair later used those weapons to hold a museum hostage and when Robert's squadron came in to neutralize him, a bomb he hid near the entrance went off, killing off his team. After the incident, he found out that The Syndicate sold Sinclair the weaponry, including the bomb and swore revenge against them for their indirect involvement in their deaths.
Last edited by Shark isle on Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:07 pm

Shark isle wrote:I was thinking about the idea of The Syndicate selling weaponry to a terrorist named Sinclair. Sinclair later used those weapons to hold a museum hostage and when Robert's squadron came in to neutralize him, a bomb he hid near the entrance went off, killing off his team. After the incident, he found out that The Syndicate sold Sinclair the weaponry, including the bomb and swore revenge against them for their indirect involvement in their deaths.

That seems a bit more likely. Why was Sinclair attacking a museum?

Shark isle
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:12 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Shark isle wrote:I was thinking about the idea of The Syndicate selling weaponry to a terrorist named Sinclair. Sinclair later used those weapons to hold a museum hostage and when Robert's squadron came in to neutralize him, a bomb he hid near the entrance went off, killing off his team. After the incident, he found out that The Syndicate sold Sinclair the weaponry, including the bomb and swore revenge against them for their indirect involvement in their deaths.

That seems a bit more likely. Why was Sinclair attacking a museum?

Sinclair was an eco-terrorist who had a vendetta against a oil baron named Pete Brown. He heard that Brown was at a art auction that was taking place in the museum and decided to kill him. He originally intended to kill Brown and flee but he was forced to take hostages.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:23 pm

Shark isle wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:That seems a bit more likely. Why was Sinclair attacking a museum?

Sinclair was an eco-terrorist who had a vendetta against a oil baron named Pete Brown. He heard that Brown was at a art auction that was taking place in the museum and decided to kill him. He originally intended to kill Brown and flee but he was forced to take hostages.

Fair enough.

EDIT: I have a day off coming up so expect an update?
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Glaswegistan
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 10, 2011
Libertarian Police State

Postby Glaswegistan » Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:35 am

Just a heads up that I'm still in. I'm even settled into the new flat, so should be able to be around a lot more now.

Christ, that was a chaotic month.
21:46 Trans|Work Theres something wrong with every one of you.

No ideas are bad, but some are just stupid ~ Unknown

I quit ~ SsgtKirill

Neo Arcad
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Neo Arcad » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:16 am

HERE
WE
GO

NAME: Mia Jernigan
ALIAS: Dragon Girl
NATIONALITY: American (naturalized), Hong Kong
ETHNICITY: 75% British, 25% Chinese
APPEARANCE: http://i.imgur.com/FUSb7Dy.png
She cleans up nice, too. Dark hair and green eyes, a slim but well-toned body that shows beyond a shadow of a doubt that she has free access to a gym 24/7, and a winning smile you can't help but like.

ALIGNMENT: Lawful Neutral (could be considered Lawful Good if you take a particularly kind attitude to vigilante heroes.)
OCCUPATION: Student by day, vigilante by night. Also works as the gym receptionist at a local fitness center on the weekends and some mornings/afternoons/whenever.

ABILITIES: Thermal Resistance: Mia is completely resistant to heat and cold. She can neither be burned nor catch frostbite- not within any temperature she's ever experienced, anyway. At extremely hot or cold temperatures her body would likely begin to react normally.
Fire Aura: Mia can, through force of will and focus, create flaming halos around her hands (extending roughly up to the elbow, at maximum) and feet (extending roughly to the knee). These auras burn hotter or colder according to her life energy; if she loses consciousness, they go out immediately. Their intensity varies depending on Mia's willpower, and how far they extend up her limbs is (subconsciously) decided by her as well. However, it can be draining to maintain them for a long time.
Enhanced Endurance: Mia can withstand slightly greater damage than a normal human, particularly blunt force trauma and falling injuries. She can fall safely from as high as 20 feet, and her bones are extra-resistant to breaking. However, cutting/stabbing weapons and firearms affect her normally.
Peak Human Jump: Mia can jump higher and farther than a normal human, seemingly in defiance of physics. She can jump as high or far as Olympic high and long jumpers.

SKILLS: Mia has studied a number of martial arts, including Wing Chun, Kajukenbo, and kickboxing. She has her own particular fighting style that emphasizes the use of her powers. She is very fit and trains regularly.
WEAKNESS: Ironically clumsy at times; a terrible cook; easily mislead and gullible; below-average intelligence; forgetful and unable to multitask easily. Also, her fires can be extinguished or suppressed by normal means- rain, fire extinguishers, sprinkler systems, etc.
GOALS: To fight crime, and clean up the streets. Not much beyond that. She wants the impossible, however: to fight crime by night and live a normal life by day, just like the superheroes in movies.
FEARS: Being found out and exposed as a Variant is her biggest fear. She also has claustrophobia, and hates enclosed spaces.

EQUIPMENT: Mia doesn't need specialized equipment to fight crime. Which is good, because if she did she'd probably forget it at home a lot. Her crime-fighting outfit is simply an orange half-mask that covers the lower half of her face, plus exercise gear as pictured, and shoes that kick off easily. Any more than that tends to catch fire.

PERSONALITY: Happy and cheerful to the point of naivete, Mia gets serious only when there's a fight to be had. Otherwise she's noncommittal and congenial, if a bit indecisive and flighty. But her interests are simple, and she's easy to be around.
LIKES: Martial arts, pets, coffee with too many sweet things in it, protein, tea with too many sweet things in it, Kung Fu movies, classic HK movies (John Woo, in particular), easy classes, basketball (she doesn't cheat much, really!)
DISLIKES: Cooking (she's bad at it!), cleaning (also really bad!), people who eat whatever they want (jealousy!), criminals (especially the white collar sort), missing a jump and falling two stories onto the concrete (Mia may be resilient, but it still hurts!)

BIO: Born in Hong Kong to a British mother and a half-Chinese half-British father, Mia was spirited away to Los Angeles as a child, just before the PRC took back HK. She spent many years of her life there, growing up in a nicer neighborhood with a father in the financial industry and a very caring family. Her little sister was born the year they came to America, and the two of them became citizens. Mia's life, however, took a turn for the worse when her father lost his job in the recession. They moved away from their big house in the nice suburb, across town to a not-as-nice neighborhood. The culture shock was a bit much, and although her parents found work (and, the year before she went to college, her father got a job working for an old boss of his who was running a financial consultancy business) her teenage years were spent close to the "other half". She saw the crime and the despair firsthand. Her parents enrolled her in self-defense classes, and she became interested in martial arts. This was what allowed her powers to manifest- although she always had them, the ability to harness the flames came only through discipline and focus.

When she graduated high school with a low GPA, Mia had no idea what to do with her life. But her father had returned to making six figures, and they were back out of the bad side of LA. So she decided college was the way to go. Mia was never invested in her schoolwork, and UCLA's party scene was appealing. But what ended up causing her downward spiral that led to her dropping out and moving to Seattle for a year was when she took up crime-fighting. A friend of hers was attacked, robbed, and sexually assaulted, having entered a bad area of town after a night of drinking at an off-campus party. Mia was driven by that story to try and find the people responsible, especially after campus police and the LAPD did nothing but file the report away. While she never actually found out who'd done it, Mia went out (wearing a half-mask that she'd later make into part of her "costume") and looked, several nights in a row, in that area. On the third night, she stopped a mugging, and that was that. She'd become a vigilante. Sure, it wasn't safe, but her flaming strikes usually got the job done rather well. However, staying out all night and sleeping all day was the death knell for her grades, and soon she was thrown out on her well-toned ass. Her parents were disappointed, and rather than face them in person, she ran off to Seattle. Having spent a year there saving up (and fighting what limited crime existed), she decided to give college another try.

Of course, a letter eventually came once she'd been noticed doing vigilante stuff. But she's just now gotten around to reading it- Mia forgets about the mail sometimes. It's so easy, you know? Just, like, toss it on the kitchen table and forget about it for a day... or a week... or...

RP EXAMPLE: SPIRIT BOMB

THEME: Down Without a Fight - Zebrahead

PS: I have no idea how to join this story. Pls help.
Last edited by Neo Arcad on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse