NATION

PASSWORD

Burning Up Over A Blue Sky (MT/Early PMT) [ATTN Ardoki]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Guadalupador
Senator

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Burning Up Over A Blue Sky (MT/Early PMT) [ATTN Ardoki]

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:09 pm

0200 Hours: Divouga Steppe Tracking Facility. Federal Air Force Satellite Command (1/8/2026)

"...Uhh, SATCOM Three, you seeing this right now?"

"Roger SATCOM Seven. We've been tracking this object for the past day or two. It's seemingly altered its course several times.

"What do you think it is, SATCOM Seven? A ComSAT? A TV SAT?"

"No, it doesn't have a geosynchronous orbit. Uhh, check airspace ledgers, maybe there was a private SAT launch today..."

"This is SATCOM Two reporting in, I'm checking the ledgers now, no announcements of any new SAT launches, private or otherwise. It's best assumed that this UOO is military in nature. Espionage most likely."

"Its present course puts it over the Guadalupadorian Mainland within two hours. Get the Air Force, and GARNET on line."

0400 Hours: Over the Dorian Corridor. (1/8/2026)

The modified Guadalupadorian Federal Air Force SU-35 began its supersonic zoom climb into the atmosphere, its payload: an ASM-135 Anti-Satellite Missile ready to fire off out of the atmosphere and toward the satellite. The SU-35ASAT continued its climb, and the pilot searched for a lock on the rogue satellite.

"GARNET Six-Two, Do you have a lock?" A voice buzzed into the pilot's headset.

"Uhhhh, Negative, Attempting to Acquire Lock Now." GARNET Six-Two reported, waiting for the lock on tone to start up. A high-pitched beep started, and GARNET Six-Two replied: "I've got tone. Preparing to fire." GARNET Six-Two pressed fire, and watched as the ASM-135 rocketed off the underside of his jet, and into the trajectory of the rouge satellite. "It's away." The ASM-135 homed in on the satellite's thermal signature, and with its final stage-boosters made its way out of the Earth's atmosphere and right into the satellite's trajectory. Observation satellites in the GARNET array, and the Guadalupadorian Navy on Earth observed as the ASM-135 struck and destroyed the satellite, with the debris beginning to burn up over the early morning Dorian/New Yaman sky.

"Roger that, GARNET Six-Two. We'll confirm the hit, return to base."

Seventeen Hours Later, the Guadalupadorian Aerospace Defense Network (Guadalupadorian Aerospatiae Radnoi Networqo) and the Ministry of Defense released a statement on the incident. The Minister of Defense addressed the Press: "After looking through several images taken both before and after the shootdown, ledgers, and records our defense and intelligence analysts at GARNET, we can confirm now, that the rouge satellite was Ardokian in origin, and was intended to use as a military espionage satellite." The Press went mad with this statement, as the Ardokian and Dorian governments were nearly always antagonistic toward each other... How would the Ardokians respond to such a claim, and present their own evidence?
Last edited by Guadalupador on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guadalupadorian Embassy Program
Proud Member of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
OOC: Call me Dorian, Dor or Guad.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 14, 2013
Ex-Nation

WORK IN PROGRESS

Postby Ardoki » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:50 pm

Alistair Killian Moriarty;
President of the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic, General Secretary of the Ardokian Social Democratic Labour Party

Grand Amphitheatre, Ardea;
Ardokian Social Democratic Republic

The Grand Amphitheatre was an architectural marvel; opened in 1986 on the one-hundredth anniversary of the foundation of the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic. It could accommodate an audience of over one-hundred-thousand loyal citizens in addition to hundreds of Party (Ardokian Social Democratic Labour Party) leaders situated on the enormous podium looking over the rectangular amphitheatre adorned with countless Ardokian flags of varying sizes.

Behind the podium were three giant portraits which each looked almost fifty metres in height; to the left was Aindriú Tierney O'Boyle (the founder and first President of the Social Democratic Republic), in the centre was Rían Rónán Conmara (the third President who led an invasion of Aanglandia) and to the right was Alistair Killian Moriarty (the current President who also led another invasion of Aanglandia). In Ardoki there has always been a very strong cult of personality around the first two figures, criticising or insulting them is considered socially unacceptable. However, Alistair Moriarty also developed a cult of personality around himself since he was first elected as President in 1992, his willingness to entertain with humour and his visible concern for the well-being of the Ardokian people has propelled him to extraordinary popularity. However, in many foreign countries Alistair Moriarty is not viewed favourably at all.

Countdown music was played. Just as the base kicked in, Alistair Moriarty walked onto podium (flanked by Premier Ríona Keeva O'Brien and Grand Governor Silvester Jakeman) and started to sing the song.

'Wasn't that a great song!' Alistair Moriarty shouted.

The crowd agreed with an almost deafening combination of applause and progressive chants.

Alistair Moriarty's mood seemed to quickly change. He seemed sad now.

'My fellow citizens. You first elected me as President in 1992. You trusted me to protect Ardoki, and defend humanity against the forces of reaction. However; I must not hide the truth from you, in order to save face. You have the right to know about the great injustice which has befallen us. Ardoki suffered a brutal blow yesterday. One of our weather satellites was shot down by the Dorians without provocation.' Moriarty said.

The crowd was silent.

'Space belongs to no nation. It is the final frontier of humanity. I have been a strong opponent of countries which wish to militarise space, to use it for violent purposes. The Dorians shot down one of our weather satellites yesterday without provocation. It was not in their airspace; it was not even in the Earth's atmosphere. They had no right to do that. Not only have they broken international law, they have committed an act of war against a state which decries all forms of aggression.' Moriarty continued.

The crowd applauded.

'I do not want war with the Dorians. I have always had a positive view of them, especially after the injustices the SACTO brought upon them. Over a thousand years ago a part of Ardoki was taken from us, we are united again now; however, that injustice hurt us deeply for centuries.' Silvester Jakeman was nodding in agreement, shedding a few tears of happiness. 'The Dorians have had their country rippled apart from opportunistic barbarians; they are in the exact same position now as we were for a thousand years. I will not judge them. I understand their anger, their frustrations, their hurt.'

'However, I do not understand this act of aggression. We did not provoke them. We did nothing wrong. Our satellite was outside of the Earth's atmosphere, the Dorians had no authority to shoot it down. The Dorians have in effect, declared war upon the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic.'

'We do not want war, we want peace. If the Dorians wish to ensure peace prevails, I invite them to sit down with me and my government here in Ardea. I guarantee their protection and well-being, I don't want to increase hostilities. They will obviously have to apologise for their criminal act, and compensate us for our losses, however there will be no punishment. We want peace. Hopefully the Dorians want peace as well.'

WIP

Last edited by Ardoki on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:43 am, edited 3 times in total.
Greater Ardokian Empire | It is Ardoki's destiny to rule the whole world!
Unitary Parliamentary Constitutional Republic

Head of State: Grand Emperor Alistair Killian Moriarty
Head of Government: Grand Imperial Chancellor Kennedy Rowan Coleman
Legislature: Imperial Senate
Ruling Party: Imperial Progressive Party
Technology Level: MT (Primary) | PMT, FanT (Secondary)
Politics: Social Democrat
Religion: None
Personality Type: ENTP 3w4

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Image"Guadalupodor is nothing but a magnet for trouble."
Captain Grimard observed to no one in particular. He learned of the very recent satellite shoot down the same way every other Vectorian did, the government news station. The television playing in the barracks, though small at just under thirty inches, was being watched by about four dozen camo clad soldiers, all officers in this barracks, but all the other forty buildings in Fort Creek Hunt would have watched the same thing on their small yet (20") televisions.

The few people who did know of this before the media were the high level officials of the Vectorian government and military to whom the widespread intelligence agencies answered to.
"What do you think Keyes?" Intelligence Admiral Campbell looked over the top of the report sheet to the officer sitting across from him. "Could go either way, Sir." Major Keyes was one of the very few female officers who had been successful in the intelligence service, mostly because of the deep rooted tradition that males did things better. Admiral Campbell nodded slightly at this wise but conservative reply and motioned with a wave of his hand for her to continue. "One way, Guad and Ardok get into a spitting war, much like they are experiencing now, perhaps more bitter though, the other way is much less pleasant. Hostilities, beginning as skirmishes may escalate as each side blames each other for the increased tensions."
"And what do you think will happen? As far as your thoughts are valued."
Or as little. Thought Keyes. Te Admiral just wanted a name to blame is the prediction was wrong. Thats all this was, an extension of the blame game.
"I think that we should prepare for the skirmishes, Sir."
"Sigh, then I'll tell the General." Admiral Campbell dismissed the officer and leaned onto his heavy oak desk. He tapped a shiny area and the thin glass top lit up with functions, he clicked a few icons and sent the report filled with new writing to the General of Intelligence.
Last edited by Republic of Vectors on Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Supernation of the Republic of Vectors. factbook for more details.

Top 0.1% for world's largest defense force (164th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's largest arms manufacturing sector (312th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's safest (315th in the world)

Embassy Program

Hatay
Minister

Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Hatayan Position

Postby Hatay » Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Official Statement of the President

It has come to my attention that an Ardokian satellite was blown up via missile over Guadalupador. If the satellite was indeed violating the airspace and sovereignty of Guadalupador and they shot it down, they are in the right. They is the possibility of espionage being conducted by the Ardokian regime. I stand against Ardoki, who threatens to lend ballistic missiles to New Yama, whose regime is a direct threat to regional peace. Ardor clearly intends to disrupt what peace the Dorians have. But I will not allow that. When I was inaugurated to this office, I swore to stand up to tyranny. I will not back down now. If Ardoki does indeed lend missiles to New Yama, we will take decisive action. I will not specific what that will be, be you can be sure that if Ardoki takes further action against the sovereignty and independence of the Dorian people, then I will strike back.

Presidential Palace
The President strode through the hallways from the official announcement room and went right to office. Already, his Chief Aide Munir Almas was there with HIS Director Yakub Fakhri, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces General Yusuf Muhammed, Supreme Admiral of the Fleet Mahomet Abd al-Karim, Foreign Minister Abdullah Rahman and Vice President Isar Bazam.

Chief Aide Almas: Well spoken Mr. President. Your Excellency did a fine job.
Vice President Bazam: Yes. I'll be curious to see Ardorki's reaction.
General Muhammed: It won't be anything but hostile. We could expect further threats against the Dorians or us.
Vice President Bazam: They've threatened blockade before.
Supreme Admiral Karim: On Setsuzoku! And even if they attempted to, our navy would sink their ships like toys. We'd likely have European assistance as well.
Foreign Minister Rahman: Mr. President, do you think Moriarty's serious when he threatens to arm New Yama?
President Golofad: Even if he was, New Yama is so right-wing, and a SACTO puppet, it would not accept.
Chief Aide Almas: That doesn't mean they wouldn't take independent action.
HIS Director Fakhri: Yes Mr. President, and what would that decisive action be?
President Golofad: Well, I would like to consult you all about it.
Foreign Minister Rahman: Where is the Minister of War?
General Muhammed: In the Northeast inspecting border defenses against Bashriyya. He'll be back in two days.
Vice President Bazam: You can't be considering war?
President Golofad: Gentlemen, let me tell you here and now that war is off the table. Any who acts to instigate war with any other state without my authorization will be tried as a traitor as per Hatayan law, understood?
Vice President Bazam: We would never consider that. (all nod)
President Golofad: I know you will all be with me no matter the possible troubles.
HIS Director Fakhri: I hope you haven't ruled out operations by Hatayan Intelligence? (sly smile)
President Golofad: Of course not. (sly smile)
HIS Director Fakhri: Good to hear. We have a task force returning from a largely successful operation in Aethras, they will be happy to see further action.
Chief Aide Almas: You mean operations in Ardoki? In Ardoki?
Vice President Bazam: What would they do to those captured?
Foreign Minister Rahman: (holding fingers in his ears) Don't say tolerance camps don't say tolerance camps, don't say Tolerance camps.
President Golofad: Execution, torture, indoctrination. It is a nightmare there. Exactly what George Orwell foresaw in his book 1984. Fantastic novel by the way.
HIS Director Fakhri: Perhaps the most oppressive state in decades. Personality cult, torture, but it is the brainwashing that scares me. Sending home an agent brainwashed and loyal to Moriarty? (everyone shivers but the President)
President Golofad: It only emboldens me to challenge them.
General Muhammed: In the unlikely event that war starts, the Armed Forces will be ready.
Supreme Admiral Karim: As will the Navy.
President Golofad: Director, begin planning operations, contact me when finished, and do not go ahead with them until I say so. Chief Aide, if you could bring me today's proposals in Parliament, Admiral, ready the 2nd Naval Squadron for regular patrols in International Waters by Ardoki, contact me when ready, I'll give go-agead. The rest of you will be kept informed, we will meet again soon. Dismissed.
(everyone stands and leaves but the VP and Golofad, the Chief Aide goes to get the papers)
Vice President Bazam: Are you really that sure about Ardoki? We're dancing on the tip of the volcano.
President Golofad: Aren't we always?
Last edited by Hatay on Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
Long live Democracy!
R.I.P Tuva SSR, Unjustly deleted on 8/30/2014

Back on NS, hello! Feel free to TG. Canon and History is (largely) the same.

No Internet July 1-July 16

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:21 pm

The Grand Premier's Response to President Alistair Moriarty

The assumption that your object that had entered our space yesterday morning is a weather satellite is absolutely preposterous. The evidence given to us by GARNET and the Ministry of Defense says otherwise, no weather satellite would be launched into such a low orbit. Even if it was a weather satellite, we were not informed by either the Government of Ardoki, or the satellite's developer of its launch, or projected course over the Federal Union. I firmly believe that GARNET handled the situation with utmost professionalism in the defense of our domestic interests.

We will not give in to such humiliating demands from the Ardokian President for defending our country. We will not apologize, nor compensate them for their rogue object. Instead, we implore Ardokian authorities in charge of the satellite to come to Divouga to explain themselves by testifying before the National Assembly's Committee on Aerospace Defense.

I do not want to go to war either, but if President Moriarty continues to send objects over our heads without telling us, then the only course of action is to shoot them down.

Thank You, God Bless Guadalupador, and May the Old Gods Preserve Guadalupador and Save New Yama.
Last edited by Guadalupador on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:53 pm

Communique Officiál de la Republiqua D'Inyursta

It has come to our attention the current dispute between the Federal Union of Guadalupador and the Arodkian régime. Firstly, let it be known that as a nation we pride ourselves in being one of the leading voices in the fight for national sovereignty and the God-given right to self defense. Even in the case of a goverment which we have had our disagreements with - and indeed there have been many - we believe it is imperative to confirm and support these rights at whatever cost.
Secondly, we would call into question what business an Ardokian "weather satellite" has thousands of miles from its homeland. There are infinitely more efficient and pertinent ways to monitor incoming weather patterns besides passing over an unfriendly nation in low orbit. However, before any final judgment can be made we must wait for the debris to be properly recovered and analyzed.

We would also like to preemptively dispel any ignorant notion that some non-existant and unrecognized right to spy or right to interfere should trump or supersede the inherent and unquestionable right to self-defense - your free social space ends where the security of another begins, and it would be asinine and tyrannical to challenge this.

On behalf of the combined voice of the people and government of Inyursta, we hereby recognize the right to self-defense of Guadalupador, and once again condemn the Ardokian régime for their aggressive actions and hostile rhetoric.

Signed:
- Président Jean-Baptiste Calderone
- Secretary of State Françisco Ardonez
- Assembly Speaker Jacob de la Porçéza
- Cheif of Staff Antonio DeLoroza

Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:25 pm

Last updated: 2/8/2026 at 12:00 [NSDT]

Ardokian Satellite Crash Site Found; Pieces Recovered

-Diamantha, Guadalupador- Early this morning, local police, and firefighters helped the Air Force, and Ministry of Defense locate and recover several large pieces of an alleged Ardokian Espionage Satellite that had been shot down by GARNET yesterday morning. The Ardokian Government rebukes the claims that the satellite's intention was militarily based, rather claiming that it was a weather satellite. The Guadalupadorian government reports that GARNET shot the satellite down after extensive checks to confirm that it was an unauthorized object passing through Dorian Space. The Inyurstan Government made a public statement on the event, in support of Guadalupador's right to self-defense. The Hatayan Government also made a public statement in support of the Federal Union of Guadalupador's shoot-down of the Ardokian satellite. In response, the Ardokian government calls for the Federal Union of Guadalupador to compensate the Ardokian government for its lost satellite, while the Grand Premier pledges that Guadalupador would "...not give in to such humiliating demands from the Ardokian President for defending our country."

Several citizens of the town of Diamantha claim to have seen a large streak of light crossing the sky and headed westward before the streak disappeared into the forest, and then hearing a large explosion several seconds later. First Responders quickly scrambled to find out what had happened. They arrived on the scene as what was left of the satellite had crashed right by a road heading into Diamantha. Several parts were recovered from the down satellite, including what seems to be navigation, and recording instruments, according to accounts from First Responders, and Air Force Officials on the scene: "We're going to take these parts back to the military base, and have them shipped over to Divouga so the Ministry of Defense can essentially get the full picture on what all this mess is. But its apparent that this satellite's intent was peculiar, for Ardokian claims anyways." Air Force Capt. Raiqo Viluri said as he commanded the recovery operation. The search isn't over however, as the Air Force is now conducting flights over Malusqaya Island continuing to search for any other pieces of the downed satellite that may have broken off from the main wreckage and fallen onto other parts of the island.
-More on this story as it happens, stay tuned.

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Intro Music (only first 40 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3UlW7xG8s8
Hatayan Broadcasting Corporation

Husayn Murad(picture man): The government of Inyursta getting involved in the rapidly rising Ardoki-Dorian tensions. Siding with Guadalupador against Ardoki. Ardorki is a nation with few allies excepting the backwater that is Toolsbergia. Inyursta affirms that despite a government "which we have had our disagreements with-and indeed there have been many" they would like to "preemptively dispel any ignorant notion that some non-existant and unrecognized right to spy or right to interfere should trump or supersede the inherent and unquestionable right to self-defense." We have Zaida Mubina, expert on Dorian policy.
Zaida Mubina: Well it is a boost to the Dorian position. Even their hated enemies are backing them. It makes them look bipartisan and unifying against Ardoki.
Husayn Murad: Even if Ardoki is widely unpopular with the international community?
Zaida Mubina: Yes, Ardoki is becoming rapidly alone. Their economy is not doing well because of widespread embargo, especially in Hatay, in the case of war, however unlikely, SACTO, IFC, UCI nations would take Ardoki down.
Husayn Murad: War is unlikely?
Zaida Mubina: Definitely, war casualties would be catastrophic and the Dorians are not very ready for armed conflict.
Husayn Murad: You said Ardoki is becoming rapidly alone. Haven't they always?
Zaida Murad: I believe that anti-Ardoki nations are more likely to take action now, as President Golofad as said.

Updates Below
President Golofad Tours Destroyed Al-Qaman Town, Vows Action to Rebuild HBC Ahmed-al-Humad says he will Resign as GS if NPM fails in Elections HBC Inyursta Declares Support for Dorians HBC Grand Premier Marcos: We will not apologize, nor compensate them for their rogue object" HBC Moriarty: "Not only have they broken international law, they have committed an act of war against a state which decries all forms of aggression."
Last edited by Hatay on Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Long live Democracy!

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Pax Prosperitas

By Order of His Imperial Majesty's Government

From: The Foreign Policy Office, The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
Public Notice

Public Declaration regarding the nature of attacks upon Spacecraft

The Aestorian Commonwealth would like to express its severe displeasure and disappointment with the Guadalupadorean governent’s attack upon an Ardoki satellite. While we generally applaud attempts to bring Ardoki in line, we hereby condemn this attack in the strongest possible terms.

Our objection takes the following three forms:

First, on a strategic level, the warmongering notion that attacks made in space do not count is a misconception with potentially dangerous consequences which must not become an international standard. Space constitutes a vital security interest to modern nations, particularly to Aestoria and other IFC members, and it is our opinion that any acts of aggression there should be treated in the same manner as an attack within the atmosphere – indeed, on a practical level, it is in some ways more serious, since spacecraft are more expensive. The ignorance of the danger of accidental escalation is displaying the sort of callous disregard for human life that promises a bleak future of death, destruction, and dystopia. Therefore on this particular issue we must applaud Ardoki’s restraint, even while we continue to investigate the Aanglandian purge.

It has been suggested by some uninformed elements of the mass media that a defence can be made for some notion of control over space, in the same manner that we (reluctantly) accept the demarcation of seas (even while seizing indemnities for the inconvenience). However in space this is an absolutely absurd notion and we simply cannot let it pass: it displays a completely erroneous understanding of the practicalities of rocket science. Due to satellites needing to maintain a circular orbit at hypersonic velocities simply to avoid being pulled back to the ground, non-geostationary spacecraft must move around, as this simulation shows. Furthermore, since satellites traditionally go on for dozens of years without stopping, and are still absurdly expensive, it would become quite impossibly expensive to provide fuel to make constant course corrections to detour around aggressive countries, particularly if this has to be done several times an hour. The simple fact of the matter is that free passage through space, even for military equipment, is absolutely necessary on economic grounds.

To sum: at sea, vessels can almost always carry sufficient fuel to detour; by air, they can usually do so, and can perhaps avoid restricted zones; but in space, it is quite impossible to carry the required fuel and for spacecraft to remain economical: they simply have to move according to mathematically-defined trajectories. (Mathematics is one of those unusual things where you are either right or wrong).

And we will go to war if necessary to maintain this distinction, even against our notional allies, if it is the only way to abide by the laws of the universe.

Second, we are generally disappointed with attacks upon spacecraft on the grounds that an uninterrupted escalation of Kessler syndrome could render spaceflight impossible, with disastrous consequences to modern civilization due to the failure of GPS and communications systems which underpin the entirety of modern logistics and money movements. Again, these attacks display a lack of foresight which is unfitting of a modern nation, and from this point of view the attack is again a thoroughly irresponsible precedent.

Third, these attacks, due to the creation of uncontrolled or partially-controlled debris, pose an indirect attack upon Ausitorian spacecraft, and have necessitated hundreds of additional maneouvers to avoid debris, at large expense, and marginally impacting on our all-important satellite communications networks. While we clear up the remaining debris, we are continuing to calculate the indemnity, which will likely be on the scale of some $30 billion dollars, subject to further arbitration in courts. (That figure does assume we do not have to add to the indemnity to cover any potential expense of ensuring that the indemnity is paid in the first place).

But more importantly, we expect and demand that this sort of incident does not become a habit, or we will punish those responsible – by knocking them back a century if necessary. If some nations cannot share space, we may deny their right to access it by any means.

You have been warned.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:30 am

Intro Music (only first 40 seconds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3UlW7xG8s8
Hatayan Broadcasting Corporation
PRESIDENT GOLOFAD RESPONDS TO Ausitoria

Husayn Murad(picture man): Breaking news everyone, President Golofad has taken time from his tour to release the following statement to the public.

The Librarian and Austrian government, specifically the Foreign Policy office has released a statement condemning Guadalupudor for defending themselves. When the Dorians are attacked by SACTO imperialists, it is allowed, but when the Dorians take decisive action to defend their sovereignty against espionage by a ruthless and vicious regime, it is condemned by IFC members. I am very dismayed with the statement. They even have the audacity to threaten violence if the Dorians defend themselves in space again, and I quote "knocking them back a century if necessary." That is preposterous and a disgusting threat that Hatay will not abide by. The Ausitorian government claims that their spacecraft was threatened and I do apologize for that and I will contribute the reparations if need be, but that is absolutely no reason to stand with Ardoki and against Guadalupador. Know that you stand with tyranny, and against liberty, I do not threaten violence whatsoever to the Ausitorians, I do not consider them enemies in the slightest, but this statement is contradictory to what the values of IFC nations should be. I hope the Ausitorians can change their position after Dorian research will prove it is a military satellite.

Husayn Murad: We have brought in Foreign Policy Expert of Ubar University, Karam Rusul to speak with us. Karam, glad to have you with us.
Karam Rusul: Thanks for having me on.
Husayn Murad: So, how do you view the Ausitorian statement and the President's reaction?
Karam Rusul: The Ausitorian statement is troubling for the Dorians. The Dorians, especially after a SACTO endorsement, expect unanimous Global support, but when a nation, an IFC nation, supports the Ardokians or at least denounces the Dorians, it is upsetting. The Ausitorians had a very decisive and strong tone, and threatened violence if the Dorians took further action against threats from space. Now President Golofad's response is not surprising. He is angry, that the world isn't rallying around Marcos and the Dorian cause. He expected unity, and now he has an IFC nation denouncing the Dorians. We might also expect a strong Austrian reply.
Husayn Murad: Should Hatayans be worried about escalating tensions?
Karam Rusul: No. I wouldn't say so. The Ausitorians are not warlike and will reach a satisfactory understanding with most parties, I worry about the Dorian response and what it will do. If Marcos responds with fire, you could see tensions soar, and with the Ausitorians, which would be good for Ardoki.
Husayn Murad: Will things change after the Dorians search the satellite?
Karam Rusul: Yes. Ardoki will deny, deny, deny if the results are that it was a military equipped craft. If it is military, the Ausitorians will likely renounce their former statement. Hatay will also stick with the Dorians, and tensions will rise. Now if it is a weather satellite, as unlikely as that is, the Dorians and quite possibly Hatay will left humiliated and upset.
Husayn Murad: There you have it. Thank you, Professor for being with us.
Karam Rusul: My pleasure.
Husayn Murad: Now we turn to a special documentary about the conflict in Syria.
(lights fade)

Updates Below
Riyan Nuha releases CP plan for Taxation HBC Ausitorian Government Threatens Violence to Dorians in Statement HBC Inyursta Declares Support for Dorians HBC Grand Premier Marcos: We will not apologize, nor compensate them for their rogue object" HBC Moriarty: "Not only have they broken international law, they have committed an act of war against a state which decries all forms of aggression."
Last edited by Hatay on Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Democracy!

Inyourfaceistan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 20, 2012
Anarchy

Postby Inyourfaceistan » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Augillo Un Informacio Chenne!

Retaliation Unlikely Claims Intel Expert!

In light of the recent Dorian shoot-down of an Ardokian satellite of unknown intent, the Commonwealth of Ausitoria has now joined with the Ardokian régime in condemning and threatening the Federal Union of Guadalupador. The Ausitorians have threatened their IFC ally "...by knocking them back a century if necessary".
However, despite these heated exchanges of words, many in our own intelligence community find the likeihood of war to be almost zero. Tonight on The Inside Scoop, Tanya Fuentes sits down with intel wiz Armando Villanueve who has much to say on the possibility - or lack thereof - of escalation in this situation.

Armando Villanueve

Reporter Tanya Fuentes

Tanya: So Armando, your credentials state you are heavily involved with the intel world?
Armando: Yes. I was commisioned as an intelligence officer in the Inyurstan Navy, now I work as an adviser for the government on international affairs. My job is to look at what has been brought to light and predict who, what, when, where, why and how the future will play out.
Tanya: And you claim this situation is unlikely to escalate, correct?
Armando:Yes, ma'am, that is correct. I believe both Ardoki and the Ausitorian Commonwealth are making empty threats in an attempt to scare the FUG into making policy decisions that benefit their own influence apparatus.
Tanya: What do you base you assessment off of?
Armando: You see, in the intel world it is generally accepted that what happens once will happen again; what a given actor has done proves they are capable and willing of doing again. Now, that's not to say other possibilities are off the table, but that what has happened has come as a result of factors which will produce the same result more often.

That having been said, instances such as the Sea of Juarez Dispute and the Second Whiteshore-Tarkanese War show us that the Ausitorians are unlikely to live up to any of their exaggerated threats. Incidents such as the lack of Ardokian retaliation in response to our own cruise missile strike shows us that the Ardokians are also unlikely to follow through with their threats.

In short, if both nations were bluffing when they were threatening us with retaliation, they are almost certainly blowing hot air when they make empty threats at the Dorians.

Tanya: What of economic counter-measures?
Armando: Very possible, but ineffective. Ausitoria would have to convince the IFC to turn on a fellow member who they threatened - not the other way around - which would be quite hard. Additionally the Ausitorian trade machine is, as we have seen, a paper tiger so to speak, and I highly doubt Ausitorian sanctions or embargoes could really do enough damage to stop the Dorians from defending their airspace.

As for Ardoki, keep in mind Inyursta has been embargoed not once, but twice by the Ardokian regime, yet not a dime was lost. Again, we all have doubts the Ardokian gringos could force the Dorians into switching their game.

Tanya: And what do you take of the Ardoquían claim that it was a weather satellite?
Armando: Its most likely bullshit. If Ardoki is so far isolated from the rest of the world, what business do they have monitoring weather patterns in low-earth orbit over Guadalupador? The facts just don't add up
Tanya: Well there you have it, from the mouth of an expert. We thank you for, your time, Mr. Villanueve.

Will Mr. Villanueve's predictions prove true?
How will this situation unfold?
What does this mean for Inyursta and SACTO

Once again, stay tuned to find out!

This is Augillo Un: The Most Unbiased Source for Information, signing out.

COMMENTS

Loiselle Contre-Revolution
Villanueve knows his shit, it seems. If these two nations are to be feared and respected, you would think they would put some action behind words by now?

Either way, good for the FUG, even though I'm not a big fan of them per se, and bad for imperialist aggressors!

Joseph Zamora
Anyone see how ironic it is that the nation who took unilateral control of the IFC and had us forcefully ejected for "implicitly implying" we might attack other members is now threating other members?

Hypocrisy on the international stage at its finest, mis frèros. It's all bad until we do it...

D-Originale Pappa-Je
If Guadalupador can claim dis high up, how far up does my back yard go???

Announcing Pappa-Je, tha new king of mars!

VivieneLaVide
Mmmm... That Armando Villanueve is single, yes?
Illo este trez boniteau!

BridgeDweller1998
Obviously that was an innocent satellite watching the Dorian and New Yaman people which had fair reason to be there! Self-defense is for l00srs! Fuck freedom and democracy, we need one world government to tell us how to behave!
Rape the virgins and stomp kittens!!!

ALASTAIRE MORIARTY FOR WORLD RULER 2015!!!

Everyone who disagrees can say so here: http://totallyspam/virus_upload/hahasuc ... m/FAKE_URL!

Warning: Comments on this page may contain spoilers and unrated user content
Last edited by Inyourfaceistan on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.

It's not French,it's not Spanish,it's Inyurstan
"Inyourfaceistan" refers to my player/user name, "Inyursta" is my IC name. NOT INYURSTAN. IF YOU CALL INYURSTA "INYURSTAN" THEN IT SHOWS THAT YOU CANT READ. Just refer to me as IYF or Stan.

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:18 pm

Pax Prosperitas

From: The Foreign Policy Office, The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
Public Notice

Public Declaration regarding the 'so called' Experts

In the international interest, the Aestorian Government would like to highlight some of the problems with the commentary made by 'so called' experts who have never been in Ausitoria in their lives. These fallacious comments impose a real and disturbing threat to the avoidance of unnecessary war. There are some interests countries will fight for, and there are some interests they will not fight for, and there are some interests where they will think about it for a long time; and it is often more useful to speak to the people who will be making the decision, particularly when they have a vested interested in ensuring proper communications to avoid unnecessary wars.

In particular there are three points of note that we should make clear:

First, sattelites monitoring somewhere have to pass over territories far away, unless Ardoki has invented anti-gravity devices. To repeat: ships at sea can stop and turn around. Satellites cannot (because there is no atmosphere). Therefore the position of a satellite cannot be controlled (in the same manner). We would suggest that people in positions of trust should understand space flight before they start talking about it.

Second, we have very explicitly declared that whether the satellite was civilian or military in nature or purpose is quite beside the point, since they cannot change direction and remain economically viable. We would suggest that people in positions of trust should either learn to read before attempting to explain foreign affairs to domestic viewers, or, if they are capable of comprehension, should refrain from purposefully misinforming opinion, which is in their own long-term interest.

Third, Ausitoria having a preference for refraining from immediately issuing a declaration of war until reasonable alternative avenues is exhausted is precisely that and no more: Ausitoria having a preference for refraining from immediately issuing a declaration of war until reasonable alternative avenues are exhausted. It is both historically inaccurate and logically absurd to suppose that this means that Ausitoria will never consider military action in its pursuit of liberal interests - particularly given that we are currently involved in a few minor wars and have no intention of finishing them until we have won. We simply prefer it if other nations agree to roughly what we want without us having to fight for it. Since what we want is so sensible (having been decided in consultation with other nations) and since what we can do to force it to happen is so very terrifying (given our head start in the diversity race), we don't understand the fuss.

In short, we would be much obliged if supposedly reputable news sources and 'experts' would take the time to check that their statements can stand up to scrutiny, before they fool people into sleepwalking to war. We can only do our best, but if others fail to do their best, then we can do very little about it, even when it is as much in their interest as it is in ours.

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○

Guadalupador
Senator

Postby Guadalupador » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:43 pm

The Grand Premier's Response to the Ausitorian Government

We acted in self-defense of our national interests when GARNET was ordered to shoot down the rogue Ardokian espionage satellite, what more must we say? While we understand your concerns with our system, please understand that GARNET is purely defensive in nature. We would love to share your views on the freedom of navigation in Low Earth Orbit in a peaceful manner, but it has been noted that certain nations that still wish to do us harm are now beginning to militarize space and pose a direct threat to us. GARNET is our response and a deterrent to any militarized space program hostile to Guadalupador. I assure you, that we do allow for free movement of civilian and commercial craft through our space. If a nation doesn't want to abide by our law then for future launches we suggest that they launch their craft into higher orbits, above our claim of 900 km; Low Earth Orbit ends at 2000 km above the Earth, and there is very much room above our claim. We understand the costs of a satellite shoot-down, and this will most certainly be an isolated event: A lesson to hostile governments that the Federal Union of Guadalupador will not tolerate having their military assets above our heads, ready to strike us at a moment's notice. I assure the Austorian Government that if it were in Guadalupador's predicament, they would look into such technology as well.

Thank You, God Bless Guadalupador, and May the Old Gods Preserve Guadalupador and Save New Yama.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:26 pm

Official Announcement from President Alistair Killian Moriarty

Ardoki is Making Efforts to Improve its Behaviour and Reputation within the International Community
We Will Not Let Reactionaries Provoke Conflict!

His Excellency, Alistair Killian Moriarty, President of the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic.

The Ardokian Social Deocratic Republic celebrated the 130th anniversary of its founding this January. We all owe an enormous debt to President Aindriú Tierney O'Boyle and the Social Democratic Labour Party; they overthrew the arbitrary despotism and corruption of the monarchy and replaced it with a regime committed to establishing a new order infused with the values of order, justice, and solidarity. President Rían Rónán Conmara was a humanitarian of the highest calibre; he would not sit idle as nationalists in Aanglandia violated the peace treaty and started a process of discrimination and forced assimilation of ethnic Ardokians within Aanglandian borders. Like countless Presidents of our great state, I swore an oath to protect and care for my fellow Ardokians to the utmost of my ability.

For this reason; I denounce the aggressors on both sides who wish to start a war, I denounce those on both sides who are not willing to pursue the needed diplomatic solution to this crisis, and I praise those on both sides who have shown a desire to prevent future recurrences of such calamities.

Ardoki will not retaliate for this clear act of aggression, which may be taken as a declaration of war unless a willingness to seek a diplomatic resolution is pursued. We will not risk escalating this conflict beyond the point of no return; however, we will not allow this crime to go unanswered for. I propose a conference, to be hosted by a neutral and uninvolved country, where both sides of this crisis may present their cases and come to a mutual agreement relating to both the incident and necessary precautions that must be enacted to prevent another disaster of this magnitude.

The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria has demonstrated its commitment to international diplomacy time and time again; their leadership of the International Freedom Coalition has resulted in the prevention of many conflicts and decreased in human rights violations worldwide. This is the kind of country which has the reputation and experience to required to successfully hold such a conference.

However, some countries are not interested in pursuing a diplomatic resolution to this crisis; with some even going as far to ignore the fact that tensions are currently incredibly high and may increase even further without mutual dialogue. We acknowledge the Aanglandian issue as greatly effecting the lives of millions of Ardokians and Aanglandians, as well as being a matter of concern among many nations here. So I would like to propose that the conference mentioned above, also focus on the Aanglandian issue and how the international community can work together to achieve a solution mutually beneficial to both Ardokians and Aanglandians.

I hope we may all achieve a positive outcome, as a result of this calamity.

N awlins
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby N awlins » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:09 pm

Matchell Lerandu
Office of the President
The Republic of N Awlins

1532 Tulane Ave
New Orleans, N Awlins 0000001

As we have just made ourselves known not too long ago to the International Community, we wish to extend our hand in assisting in the formation of peace between all the parties involved. As thus, we offer ourselves as a Neutral Third Party where members from both sides may come and talk in peace. With the permission of both sides, we will begin preparations for delegations to land at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, where they will be taken via Limousine to the Riverfront in Downtown New Orleans to board the Creole Queen, one of the last few remaining Steamboats on earth.
We will supply protection for the conference from the New Orleans Police Department, with full Diplomatic Immunity to all those who come to the conference. Be warned, though, that these officers will have orders to shoot to kill if they feel that there is an immediate threat to the safety of anyone at the Conference. We ask if this would be acceptable to all parties involved?
Embassy Program | Factbook

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Hatay » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:06 am

To President Moriarty I tell you that only when you withdraw from Aanglandia, close Tolerance and other forms of internment camps, end political purges, dissolve alliance with Toolsbergia, and respect your people will your reputation improve. We will negotiate and the proposal from President Lerandu is ideal for negotiation. I will hope that you, Grand Premier Marcos, Preisident Calderone, and representatives from Ausitoria will make it. We will reach a satisfactory settlement for all of us. But I suggest the Dorians complete their inspection of the spacecraft first. Allah bless and Good day.
Long live Democracy!

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:38 pm

To: All Those Involved
From: Mr. Samson T. Orego, Assistant to the Shazbotdom Ambassador
It is sad when someone who is considered a member of the Ruling Body of the International Freedom Coalition needs to dissent from that of the sitting Prime Minister. I have been authorized by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, under the direction of the Supreme Emperor, to issue the following statement in regards to the incident between Ardokian Social Democratic Republic and The Federal Union of Guadalupador.
The Shazbotdom Empire is undecided at this point in time as to the nature of the incident, and is willing to wait until all relevant information is processed to determine if the object shot down was indeed a 'Weather Satellite" as per what the Ardokian's claim, or if it was a 'spy satellite' as per what the Dorians state. We urge all nations involved to wait until such a time as all this information is gathered before proceeding. We also urge all those involved in this conflict to accept the invitation from the Honorable President Lerandu of N Awlins and allow his nation to host any sort of Conference between the two sides.
The Empire is committed to assisting in peaceful operations throughout the world. In this instance, the fact that the Ardokian Government is threatening war over the shooting down of what they claim is a weather satellite, seems suspicious to the Supreme Emperor and his staff. One would not threaten war over the shooting down of a weather satellite, but of the shooting down of Military Hardware which would make us in the Empire believe, in this instance, is a satellite designed for spying of a foreign nation. That is the only logical conclusion. Veritas Omnia Vincit!
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL RND 2: NYR 1 - 0 CAR | VAN 0 - 0 EDM | FLA 0 - 0 BOS | DAL 0 - 0 COL
NCAA MBB: Tulane 26-22 | LSU 31-18 || NCAA WSB: LSU 38-14

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:09 pm

Pax Prosperitas

From: The International Commonwealth Agency, The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
Public Notice

Explanation to Allied Parties of the N Awlins Conference regarding Practical Limitations of Space Flight

It is the Aestorian Government's position that since ships at sea can stop and turn around, whereas satellites cannot (because there is no atmosphere), it is quite impractical to ban the movement of spacecraft over certain areas. This is, however, not the only limitation.

First, the Inner-Van Allen Belt, with which you are all no doubt familiar, poses a severe limitation upon spaceflight due to radiation, typically effective from a minimum of about 1000 km in altitude. Clearly it is no good asking for people to operate their spacecraft above 900 km.

Second, the reason why spacecraft are placed in low earth orbit is because it is cheaper - much cheaper. Claiming 900 km when the average altitude for Aestorian spacecraft is less than about 200-300 km in altitude is a matter of no little concern and will never meet with Ausitorian acquiescence (unless Guadalupador feels inclined to pay Ausitoria the difference in cost, which will likely run into the quadrillions within a few decades, and be completely unaffordable by any power in the next century).

Third, if the principle is accepted that people can fly commercial aircraft through other territory's airspace, which is absolutely necessary for the functioning of the world's economy, what about spaceplanes at high altitude? And why should commercial spacecraft at an even greater altitude be banned? It is our opinion that free innocent passage in airspace should be permitted above an altitude of 3 km, not 900 km; and we believe that such innocent freedom of navigation should be considered a universal right. Of course we might be willing to accept limits on non-innocent military craft, perhaps at an altitude around 72 km, the same distance that COSTAL claims for control over waters.

Fourth, the cost of maneouvering around is a wasted cost. Why bother? It is perfectly possible, as with air travel, and indeed naval travel, to respond to an enemy craft in your vicinity by sending one of your own. If they send a fleet to your capital, send one to theirs. If they fly a plane over your country, fly one over theirs. If they spy on you from low earth orbit, spy on them. And if you need any help, you need only look to the heavens for assistance.

Every unnecessary forced maneouver is a waste of money, a theft from the poor, a theft from the homeless, and a theft from the starving. It is much better to let everybody move freely as much as possible, particularly for innocent purposes, but also for peaceful military intelligence gathering.
Last edited by Libraria and Ausitoria on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Flardania
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Flardania » Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:13 pm

Ardokian Satellite Shot Down
Français|日本語|한국어|English
Newsroom Today| Kirishinan Broadcasting Corporation

Bonjour et Kon'nichiwa, welcome to Newsroom Today on the KBC Network at the top of the hour, I'm Jwa Hae-Yun. International tensions continue flare in the aftermath of the Federal Union shooting down an Ardorkian satellite. The Federal Union insists that that they shot the satellite down after extensive checks to confirm that it was indeed an unauthorized object passing through Dorian Space. The Inyurstan and Hatayan Government made statements on the event, in support of Guadalupador's right to self-defense. In response, the Ardokian government is calling for the Federal Union of Guadalupador to compensate the Ardokian government for its lost satellite. Ardoki maintains that the satellite was in fact a weather satellite conducting research.

However the latest developments has put government officials in Heiwa on edge. The Foreign Policy Office of The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria released a statement condemning the Dorian government. This has shocked the international community due to the Ausitoria's IFC delegate role as PM, while Guadalupador sits as a member. Ausitoria in the same statement even threaten to knock Guadalupador back a century should such an incident occurs again. Dirigeant Arata Kasuga was notably displeased and released a statement.

I have been briefed repeatedly on the issue of Gudalupador's claim to self-defense. I at this time, I still can not say I support the types of measures that were taken by the Dorian government while the issue of space debris....is bad enough already. However I also have my doubts as too the purpose of an Ardokian satellite in low orbit that was unidentifiable as too which no nation was made aware of the launch. Right now I make this address for a different reason. At a time like this with questions whirling around the Government of Ausitoria had the gall to threaten the Dorian government, an IFC ally by and I quote "knocking them back a century if necessary." A very inappropriate comment from a nation with a delegate seated as Prime Minister of the IFC. A prime minister who worked so hard at expelling the nation of Inyursta, for apparently not promising to not attack an IFC member, in a situation where Inyursta was in a conflict first supporting an ally and Ausitoria came later. Now the government of Ausitoria is directly threatening a fellow ally. To see nothing wrong with such a situation is quite foolish at best. There are certainly more appropriate ways to convey disagreement and or displeasure to an ally then that.

I spoke to Grand Premier Saito Marcos on the phone quite recently and I was embarrassed when he asked me if this is how IFC nations threat each other. For years the government of Kirishima has always recommended that the government of Guadalupador enter the IFC. Now to be asked that question truly stung and I felt ashamed for the organization that we have been a part of since hour zero. I utterly condemn the statements of Ausitoria, I thank Inyursta for putting political differences in the rear in favor of principle and I will reiterate what has been Kirishima's foreign policy for awhile now.... We are a nation of simple people and simple pleasures. However you can count on Kirishinans to help our friends and this extends to the federal level. Kirishima will continue to stand by it's ally Guadlupador in the face of any threats of aggression be it from the left, right, or even supposedly center...."

"Here to talk more about the issue is former Dirigeant, 1st elected official of the HESL Coalition Party and professor of International Relations at Aridane University. Please welcome Negi Springfield."

Negi: Thank you for having me.

Hae-Yun: Negi-sensei tell us your views on Ausitoria's comments and Kasuga's response?

Negi: The Ausitorian statement should not be of too much concern of the Dorian government. As of right now Guadalupador has a lot of international support including from Inyusta which has a lot of negative history with them. The main issue here is the message conveyed by the harsh tone. When you look at the IFC which claims to support it's members an area where SACTO claims superiority, this condemnation certainly does not help the IFC's case especially when Ausitoria has a delegate serving as PM. What makes this more controversial is that Inyursta was expelled from the alliance for remaining silent in an agreement on not attacking allies. Now we see Ausitoria actually threatening to do what they suspected Inyusta may have or not considering doing.

Hae-Yun: You mentioned Inyursta, is there anything specifically that has drawn them in support of Guadalupador?

Negi: Why yes, not too long ago Inyursta and Ausitoria had a dispute on freedom of navigation. Ausitoria had intended to challenge Inyursta's claim but eventually backed off which was seen as a victory for Inyurstans. Inyurstan ideals are on the line yet again and considering parties involved, did not hesitate in making their voices heard.

Hae-Yun: Do you see tensions escalating between Ausitoria and Guadalupador or even Ausitoria and Kirishima?

Negi: No because it would be very bad for the state and image of the International Freedom Coalition. Kirishima would pick Guadalupador over many nations in the IFC and SACTO save a few and would make sure Ausitoria knows that. Furthermore with the reputation of the IFC at stake Ausitoria will probably have talks with Guadalupador which following the threat, you can be sure Kirishima will insist on being a part of those talks in some shape or form.

Hae-Yun: While obviously the findings of the satellite remains will affect statements and positions from all parties. Do you see it affecting Kirishima?

Negi: I do not, Kirishima has for the most part been oppose to GARNET because of the risk for expanded space debris, while should Dorian speculation be correct it would not take away Kirishinan concerns about space debris. This has been a reason why despite reporting Kasuga has been silent but the Ausitorian threat seemed to have been of enough major concern to warrant a statement.

Hae-Yun: As always thank you for taking the time to be on the program.

Negi: Thank You for having me!

We now head onto our next story where...

Want more News?
  • Several Members of Slavic Orthodox Army Arrested in Surprise Raid " *NEW* 20,600,182 views
  • Kirishima to pursue Maglev Trains by 2030 *NEW* 15,398,996 views
  • KBCnSports: Kirishima sits in 2nd after first half of WC75 Qualifiers *NEW* 9,653,082 views
A Proud FMR. Foreign Minister of the INTERNATIONAL FREEDOM COALITION!
Proud member of the -ALLIANCE OF DEMOCRATIC STATES-

I am a MT Japanese/Korean nation inhabited by Human, Anime(They're also Human), and Secret FanT beings (Northern Wilderness)that perform acts based on MT/PMT Reality

Internationally known as Flardania in English, known domestically as Kirishima in Japanese & French, and domestically as Angaeseom in Korean

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:09 am

Pax Prosperitas

From: HIH Prince Kazpia, The Aestorian Commonwealth of Libraria and Ausitoria
Public Letter

Explanation to allied powers of the nature of the Ausitorian comments vis-à-vis defensive arrangement

It has been brought to our attention that some quarters think that Ausitoria would be willing to countenance taking offensive action against Guadalupador, or indeed any other nation. Let me start by saying this is, of course, a lie.

It is only if Guadalupador (or indeed any other nation) attacks Ausitoria (or our allies) that we might consider ourselves under attack: Ausitoria is by preference a pacifist country.

The point is such an attack could be, for example, starting to shoot down some of the thousands of spacecraft that are Ausitorian or Ausitorian-invested-in or somehow-connected-with-the-Ausitorian-economy (or in-any-way-connected-with-anybody-else's-economy). Given that the space sector currently accounts for about a tenth of our GDP, and it is impossible to reroute spacecraft to avoid passing over individual countries due to the economic costs, it would be absurd for us not to consider the loss of tens of trillions of dollars to be a major attack upon Ausitoria’s property and interests, and to make some sort of a response.

Naturally if Guadalupador (or any other nation) does take the unlikely step of attacking, we should prefer to exhaust diplomatic avenues first.

Nonetheless we are understandably incensed by the suggestion that nations should be allowed to attack spacecraft passing over in the great voids above, since our response would probably have to be military - even the cleverest financiers in Ausitoria cannot possibly create ways of siphoning off money on the scale that what is effectively a space blockade would demand.

That is why the Ausitorian government's statements on the subject have taken an extraordinarily unusual harsh tone to demonstrate our extraordinarily unusual strong feelings on the subject. If our statements have shocked, that is because they are designed to shock, because we regard the whole nonsensical idea of blocking of LEO to be flabbergastingly shocking. We are completely appalled that such an irresponsible idea has even been suggested, let alone defended as a serious policy idea. It is one thing to demand that people send their ships around your waters, but quite another to demand they alter the laws of physics.

So, to be clear, this idea must not be accepted – or, more to the point, Ausitoria will never be able to accept it. So if you choose to attack Ausitoria or our allies, on your own head be it, for we will cut you down to size.

We are willing to share space. That should be enough.

IEn have the great honour to remain,

His Imperial Highness Richard Henry Kazpia

By Heaven's Command &c.

Ardoki
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Ardoki » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:59 pm

Official Announcement from President Alistair Killian Moriarty

The Truth About Aquila ASA-725 — The Ardokian Reconnaissance Satellite Shot Down Beyond the Atmosphere

His Excellency, Alistair Killian Moriarty, President of the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic.

Since my last official announcement, I have been briefed by the relevant personnel and I now have a more complete picture of the situation at hand. I was reluctant to publicise this information beforehand, out of concern of jeopardising our intelligence operations. The satellite shot down beyond the exosphere was not a weather satellite, it was a signals intelligence reconnaissance satellite known as Aquila ASA-725. Aquila ASA-725 was tasked with analysing communications and electronic signals originating from New Yama; a rouge state which Ardoki views as the product of SACTO aggression and imperialism. Aquila ASA-725 was under no orders to engage in intelligence gathering operations over Guadalupador; a country invaded, brutalised, and divided by SACTO, which was on the receiving end of significant sympathy from Ardoki.

Due to the peculiarities of the low Earth orbit, Aquila ASA-725 had to pass over Guadalupador (at an altitude of no less than 900 kilometres) immediately after passing over New Yama (which is situated directly to the south of Guadalupador). The orbit of Aquila ASA-725 was calculated as the optimum orbit for the analysis of military communications and electronic signals originating from New Yama. The Ardokian government is very concerned about the far-right regime currently ruling New Yama, which routinely engaged in horrific human rights abuses and outright persecution of minority groups. As a result, we are committed to monitoring the developments there, it would be very troubling if New Yama were to become a threat to the international community.

We do not have a habit of regularly publicising classified information related to military intelligence gathering operations, just like most countries in the world. Regardless, we were under no obligation to notify the Dorians as our satellite was never at an altitude lower than 900 kilometres. It is absolutely laughable that the Dorians believe they can claim such extraordinary high altitudes as their airspace. The vast majority of satellites are located in low Earth orbit, below the inner Van Allen belt which begins at 1,000 kilometres in altitude. Do the Dorians demand permission for every single satellite which flies over their country? Also, it is literally impossible for satellites to avoid flying over foreign countries. Imagine if every country had the same outrageous demands as the Dorians, satellites in low Earth orbit would be an impossibility. The Dorian demands are a threat to the existence of satellites in low Earth orbit, and cannot be accepted under any circumstances.

Therefore, the Ardokian Social Democratic Republic will be bringing a case to the Judicial Committee of the International Freedom Coalition. This incident cannot be allowed to become a precedent, it poses a threat not only to Ardoki but to all countries of the world. As the Federal Union of Guadalupador is a member state of the IFC, we consider it only appropriate that the IFC be notified of this abuse and possible violation of international law. The Ardokian Social Democratic Republic will be demanding an official apology from the Federal Union of Guadalupador in addition to punitive damages, which will act as a deterrent to future actions which threaten the viability of satellites in low Earth orbit. Ardoki is now a respectable member of the international community, and will pursue a diplomatic resolution to this crisis as our primary response.

N awlins
Envoy

Founded: Sep 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby N awlins » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Matchell Lerandu
Office of the President
The Republic of N Awlins

1532 Tulane Ave
New Orleans, N Awlins 0000001

We implore the Administration of Alistair Moriarty to consider our offer for holding the peace talks within our capital of New Orleans. We have the nessicary facilities and are willing and able to accept the burden of holding the talks.
Embassy Program | Factbook

Republic of Vectors
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of Vectors » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:21 am

RVS Minotaur, one of eight impressive Vectorian submarines of its class, was travelling at a South by South East direction along one of the many oceans that connected the world. For the past two days RVS Minotaur had been operating submerged and on nuclear power to save it precious electric and diesel capabilities. This submarine was one of the Defiant class submarines from the Repubic of Vectors. Very little is known to the world of these vessels, their existence has been denied, security and secrecy has been impeccable. But to divulge some information,
Defiant class submarines are a special warfare ship of the Republic of Vectors and is equipped with a large, diverse arsenal and unconventional systems. Notable systems include EMP Generators, Gell dispersers, acoustic, radio and radar jammers, undersea cable cutters, three different types of motors for different operating requirements and undersea resupply docks.

Length: 250m
Width: 60m
Height: 39m
Maximum speed surfaced: 42 knots.
Maximum speed submerged: 47 knots.
Endurance: Limited by 300 days of food supplies.

The RVS Minotaur was approximately thirteen thousand kilometres from Ardoki, which calculates to 5.75 days of travel for the vessel. Once within one thousand kilometres from the Ardoki waters , it would run on silent for the final run. What it had planned, no one but high level Vectorians had any clue.

-two days earlier-
"Just think! We can bring the whole country to its knees. We will make Guad and Ardok fight. And we will gain ever more land when we swoop in to help. Just like as we did to Seitra a while back."
"That was certainly a nice bonus, while we held Seitra we had the quickest post war economic recovery recorded in our history."
"See! Just say the word and history will repeat itself."
"Go slowly, Grand General. But do make it happen."
"Thank you mister President."

While the region bickered about the satellite shoot down, Vectorians were bringing the world closer to war. With dozens of nuclear warheads in its bays the RVS Minotaur had its first assignment since many years. Sink one of the Ardoki aircraft carriers at sea with a torrent of nuclear fire.
Last edited by Republic of Vectors on Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Supernation of the Republic of Vectors. factbook for more details.

Top 0.1% for world's largest defense force (164th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's largest arms manufacturing sector (312th in the world)
Top 0.2% for world's safest (315th in the world)

Embassy Program

Hatay
Minister

Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby Hatay » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:51 pm

I would like to respond to the statement by President Moriarty regarding his admission that the satellite shot down by the Dorian government using the technologically advanced GARNET missile system. To begin, he says that "as Ardoki is now a respectable member of the international community." First off, you are not a respectable member of the international community (room breaks out in clapping). As long as you are crushing political dissent, purging Aanglandians who say no to your oppressive policies, refuse to allow legitimate opposition, institute cruel and unusual punishment, ignore the right to privacy, you will not be treated like a respectable member of the international community. Secondly, Hatay as a member of the IFC, will not support a case in the IFC Judicial committee. This crisis only leads to a wider crisis regarding Ardokian aggression and oppression. We need to investigate those questions, not the technicalities of space flight. There are people being murdered and executed and brainwashed in Ardoki. Let's talk about that. (room claps). Thirdly, I am very happy that Moriarty has taken the time to the tell truth. That must be something new for him. (room laughs) He admits, it was for surveillance. He also says it was against New Yama when he earlier offered ballistic missiles to them. I don't buy it for a moment. In conclusion, Hatay's position has not changed, it has in fact been emboldened by new revelations. Hatay stands with the Dorians, and we will have their back through the fire and storms of this world. Allah Bless and good day.
Last edited by Hatay on Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Long live Democracy!

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:21 am

Pax Prosperitas

Public Notice

Response to request for IFC arbitration regarding the attack on Aquila ASA-725

The Aestorian Commonwealth is generally of the opinion that the following facts should be noted:
1. We would agree that the IFC should define and enforce the right of innocent and not-so-innocent navigation above nations as part of the mooted Musrum declaration of Universal Rights, which should also encompass a great deal of rights that the Ardoki government opposes in practice.
2. We do not agree such navigation rights should extend to:
(a) active non-participants to the declaration, e.g. Ardoki.
(b) ex post facto application, e.g. Aquila ASA-725.
3. Again, we see no problem with the fact that the satellite in question was military, spaceflight is fundamentally a "technical" question and the laws of physics (and economics) require low-altitude flight on energy-efficient routes.
4. Any decision on whether to arbitrate should be made by the organizations responsible, and should be binding only with the consent of both parties.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents