NATION

PASSWORD

We Were Never Heroes (A Superhero RP) OOC / HIATUS

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 23, 2016 3:29 pm

New Grestin wrote:Honestly not trying to drag my feet on the app. I got halfway through the initial draft, then scrapped it for a new character.

I'll get it posted sometime tonight.

No rush.

New Grestin
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby New Grestin » Mon May 23, 2016 3:30 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
New Grestin wrote:Honestly not trying to drag my feet on the app. I got halfway through the initial draft, then scrapped it for a new character.

I'll get it posted sometime tonight.

No rush.

THERE IS ALWAYS A RUSH, BEI. THERE IS ALWAYS A RUSH.
Let’s not dwell on our corpse strewn past. Let’s celebrate our corpse strewn future!
Head Bartender for The Pub | The Para-Verse | Writing Advice from a Pretentious Jerk | I write stuff | Arbitrary Political Numbers
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:I should have known Grestin was Christopher Walken the whole time.
ThePub wrote:New Grestin: "I will always choose the aborable lesbians over an entire town."
Imperial Idaho wrote:And with 1-2 sentences Grestin has declared war on the national pride of Canada.
- Best Worldbuilding - 2016 (Community Choice)
- Best Horror/Thriller RP for THE ZONE - 2016 (Community Choice)

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 23, 2016 3:42 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:No rush.

Not to fill the pigeon bombardment role.
I've got that covered.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Mon May 23, 2016 3:42 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:No rush.

EVERYONE'S WAITING
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Mon May 23, 2016 3:43 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Deramen wrote:When in doubt, SCP
When in doubt of SCP, Cthulhu.
Im catching on Grestin.

Apparently your spelling isn't.

Crap, I've been burned too hard. I have to go to a national burn center to treat these very painful burns which could get infected and cause more pain.

Thanks Grestin.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Ben M
Minister

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ben M » Mon May 23, 2016 4:05 pm

New Grestin wrote:
Deramen wrote:When in doubt, SCP
When in doubt of SCP, Cthulhu.
Im catching on Grestin.

Apparently your spelling isn't.

This made my day. Thank you.
Personality type: INFP-A
Economic Left/Right: -6.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -6.26
Never play a direct democracy. Fat people can be KING. Moles in space are fearsome. Magical Vikings wreck shit. Spies are Difficult. Stereotypes kill Zombies. Robots hurt society. Nerds can lead super people. Anti-socialites have demons. Stuck up Snow Elves don't interact well. HRE in Space tends to get complicated. Superheroes can be very orthodox. Fanatics don't make friends... even in space.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon May 23, 2016 4:22 pm

If I can get my internet working I'll see if I can't join.

Wenglesy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wenglesy » Mon May 23, 2016 4:24 pm

Beiarusia, is it alright if I edit something with my frenchman?

It seems I have made the worst mistake possible.
I play as Jean Deschenaux in "We Were Never Heroes" whom is a proud member of

Legyon fun Genital

The Olog-Hai wrote:You don't see any hands in the cookie jar.
Other than your NPCs, of course.
Your NPCs stole the cookies while you were away.
Somehow.

My woman told me that the Crusades were unprovoked. Then I knew that, I could not trust her.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 23, 2016 4:31 pm

Wenglesy wrote:Beiarusia, is it alright if I edit something with my frenchman?

Yeah. What you fixing?

Wenglesy
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Wenglesy » Mon May 23, 2016 4:38 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Wenglesy wrote:Beiarusia, is it alright if I edit something with my frenchman?

Yeah. What you fixing?

Many things monsieur.

Mostly just the personality and a few minor things.

NAME: Jean Deschenaux
ALIAS: Hair
NATIONALITY: French - American
ETHNICITY: French
APPEARANCE:

ALIGNMENT: Neutral Good

ABILITIES: He can basically grow fur like a werewolf, and toughen up his skin - which is really only useful for hand to hand fighting and small pokey things like bees and Scorpions.
SKILLS: He can make really good shoes also is a competent fighter.
WEAKNESS: Sulfur makes it so he can't breath all too well, and sunscreen makes him itch, like that itch you get where it's literally impossible not to scratch rendering him unable to fight or use his powers.
GOALS: To craft the ultimate shoe.
FEARS: Zuigerphobia - the Fear of Vacuum Cleaners

EQUIPMENT: Wooden Cross Necklace

PERSONALITY: Quick-tempered nature, with a want to make people laugh.
DISLIKES: People who insult his honor and cats.

BIO: Being born in Bordeaux, France he of course grew up in a fashion of tragedy. His mother and father were both cat-loving people! Oh the tragedy, and due to it when he became eight he left and went to live with his grandmother. She of course being a reasonable person called her daughter and son-in-law. When they answered they asked about their boy Jean. She said something along the lines of "Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles!" so they came over though that is when the true tragedy started. They were caught in the crossfire of gang-bangers! Or rather something more like some rabbit in the street. Either way they died when they crashed into a truck full of toilets. So after hours of waiting they learn that they're both dead so the grandmother became the guardian of our boy Jean. This is when his life turned around, his last name became Deschenaux like his own grandmother.

Then into his teenage years he was outside more and got into a bad habit of being in a gang. They committed the most horrible crimes like jaywalking and urinating in public. Je comprends? Oui? Non? Anyways, his grandmother was a devout christian who had a wooden necklace, and to get a better education she gave him the necklace and sent him on a boat to China! Once he arrived in China he was switched to another boat which those who had reasonable knowledge thought it was all just Americans. Then he came to the holy land - otherwise known as Seattle Washington.

Instead of going to school like a normal person he became an apprentice to a Cobbler and learned his ways. He soon became a citizen of the United States of America and learned pretty good english if you ask me. Though one day he discovered he was a variant in which someone threw sulfur at him though it did not get him - he got angry. You wouldn't like him if he's angry. So he turned into a giant six foot tall wolf and tore the thug apart. Short after his mentor died and whilst being in the cobbling business he learned more about his abilities. Then after finishing with probably the finest shoes he's ever seen he received a message from a mysterious benefactor - which caused him to shout "Mon aéroglisseur est plein d'anguilles!" (Yes it does mean "My hovercraft is full of eels!").

RP EXAMPLE: Unfortunately None

THEME: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgECgGoMfs0
Last edited by Wenglesy on Mon May 23, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I play as Jean Deschenaux in "We Were Never Heroes" whom is a proud member of

Legyon fun Genital

The Olog-Hai wrote:You don't see any hands in the cookie jar.
Other than your NPCs, of course.
Your NPCs stole the cookies while you were away.
Somehow.

My woman told me that the Crusades were unprovoked. Then I knew that, I could not trust her.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Mon May 23, 2016 4:39 pm

So uh, Overwatch is live....
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 23, 2016 4:42 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:So uh, Overwatch is live....

I know, but can't do anything about that until tomorrow.

Drakmah
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 14, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Drakmah » Mon May 23, 2016 4:58 pm

The Greater Gambia wrote:So uh, Overwatch is live....

Eh, the Beta was meh. Though it's not my kind of game so I really cant comment.
Quazin the Great wrote:Rules
9. Title stuff so Drakmah doesn't burst into flame. This rule may not matter because Drakmah
has grown old and tired and no longer trifles with such inflammatory conduct.

☠ Just your friendly neighborhood Necromancer

R.I.P. Tony the Possum - May 29th, 2017

The Zendikari Survivors
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zendikari Survivors » Mon May 23, 2016 5:16 pm

Name: Jacques Javert
Alias: Flare is his superhero name, friends call him Inspector
Nationality: Canadian
Ethnicity: Native American with some French
Appearance: About 6'2" with long, straight black hair and brown skin, blue eyes which form a strong contrast to his dark skin and hair, average build and somewhat androgynous face
Alignment: Neutral Good
Abilities: Power to release and control solar energy in the form of energy blasts. Can also use this to blind people, but cannot use powers effectively in darkness or low-light conditions and hasn't completely mastered powers yet so they don't always work
Skills: Writing, is a licensed psychologist, rather perceptive, fluent in English and French
Weaknesses: Incredibly hyper, overly curious, easily distracted, pessimistic
Goals: Help people, protect his significant other
Fear: Crippling achluophobia (fear of the dark)
Personality: Creative, clever, hyper, distractible, polite, cheery yet pessimistic

Bio: Jacques was born in Toronto to a Native American mother and a half-Native American father. He was promptly put up for adoption and remained in an orphanage until he was 15. His diagnosis of ADHD most certainly didn't help him get adopted. The orphanage he went to was a harsh place where children were often punished by being left in a closet for hours on end. It was a roomy closet, so Jacques had no space problems, but he became deeply afraid of the dark, so afraid that he is now unable to leave the house in the afternoon without a flashlight. On his fifteenth birthday, he got the best present ever: he was adopted. And his new parents were scientists! Could his life get any better?

It turns out it could. His new parents were dismissive of Jacques and mostly ignored him. There was an upside, though: they were very permissive. There was only one rule: don't enter the lab. He began to attend school regularly for the first time in quite a while and discovered he was rather bright (so sorry for the pun). When he was introduced to his class as Jacques Javert, quite a few students snickered and began calling him Inspector, after the character from Les Miserables called Inspector Javert. Eventually the nickname stuck. One day, he came home and found his parents strangely absent. He began looking through the house for them. Eventually, the only place he hadn't looked was the lab. He thought "Aw, what the hell" and decided to look in there. Surprise surprise, they weren't there. However, he was fascinated by what he found. After messing around with a few gadgets, he gained his powers. Initially horrified, he hid them (and his entry into the lab) from his parents.

At 27, Jacques graduated from college and, after talking it over with his significant other, Kendall, he decided to move to Seattle with them to open a psychotherapy practice which has seen moderate success. He has been moderately active as Flare and told Kendall about his powers. They have been supportive of him and his decision to be a superhero.

Theme Song: Mr. Brightside by The Killers
Last edited by The Zendikari Survivors on Tue May 24, 2016 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Mon May 23, 2016 5:17 pm

Javert...Inspector...Ah, Inspector Javert? Les Miserables references. Good movies. Haven't read the novel.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015

Postby United Human Planets » Mon May 23, 2016 5:23 pm

NAME: Zaahir Ahsan
ALIAS: Phobos.
NATIONALITY: American.
ETHNICITY: Arab. American born.
APPEARANCE:

ALIGNMENT: Chaotic Rouge. (To an extreme. His attitude is much like Deadpool's. He does what he does because he thinks its fun, not because he actually cares.)

ABILITIES: Zaahir has the ability to teleport, though it takes up his energy to do so. The farther away he teleports, the more energy he uses.
SKILLS: Zaahir is a shrewd and manipulative person, and he is able to use his rather psychotic personality to cajole people into doing what he wants.
WEAKNESS: Zaahir has the same weaknesses as any normal human. Disease, injury and emotion do as much damage to him as they would to you or me. Mentally, his short attention span and impulsive nature are a big weakness.
GOALS: To survive, to enjoy himself, and to hopefully make money, either by being payed or stealing it.
FEARS: Needles, and being alone. ( he is not afraid of being alone emotionally, he is afraid of being alone in the world, as in he is the only human left.)

EQUIPMENT: Zaahir typically carries with him either a gun, a telescoping billie club or both.

PERSONALITY: Zaahir is a psychopath. Although he is undoubtedly friendly, most who meet him find him rather creepy and strange.
DISLIKES: Laws, rules, order.

BIO: Zaahir was born in Cleveland, though never knew either of his parents. He spent most of his childhood as a ward of the state, being passed around from varying foster homes and orphanages. As he got older, Zaahir began to display more and more anti social tendencies, getting in fights, disrupting his classes, and scaring other children just for the fun of it. When he was 17, Zaahir was expelled from his school, and in a fit of boredom, ran away from the foster family he was staying with. He found his way to a hobo camp, and there met another young man who shared his passion for crime and vice. Alexander, as Zaahirs new friend was called, knew a guy who cooked meth, and they began to work with the third man, distributing the drugs to any who would buy them. Alexander worked mostly as the dealer, with Zaahir acting as an enforcer, using his ability's to control peoples fears to his advantage.

When Zaahir was 20, him and Alexander ran afoul with the Latin Kings. Alexander was shot, and Zaahir had to go into hiding. Zaahir had been experimenting with finding any hidden powers that he may have. One night, he tried teleporting. He closed his eyes, and concentrated as hard as he could on Seattle. After an hour and a half sitting on an old park bench, his face scrunched up in concentration, Zaahir suddenly found himself in the middle of the road in Seattle Washington. However, he found as well that his first time teleporting, and teleporting such a long distance, had drained him to points he didnt even know were possible. He barley had enough strength to bring himself to the curb, where he fell asleep almost instantly.

For the next few days, Zaahir spend almost all of his time sleeping, occasionally moving to dig food out of dumpsters, or threaten someone into giving him their drink. As time went on, Zaahir eventually fell back into his routine of selling drugs to make a living, as well as learning to teleport so that he could steal things, and using his manipulative powers to con people out of their money. He spent 5 years doing this, until he was 25 and was contacted by the Benefactor.

RP EXAMPLE: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=377462&p=28803826&sid=78e540374502e6355084d762256250c9#p28803826

THEME: El-P I The Full Retard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKCX-Hd1Vxo

Tyler The Creator I Yonkers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw
Last edited by United Human Planets on Tue May 24, 2016 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Zendikari Survivors
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zendikari Survivors » Mon May 23, 2016 5:25 pm

I nearly forgot. Javert's theme song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers

Mondrova
Minister

Founded: Jan 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Mondrova » Mon May 23, 2016 5:47 pm

The Zendikari Survivors wrote:I nearly forgot. Javert's theme song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers

The question is will the psychiatrist and the psychologist be friends or mortal enemies? :p
We all ride the struggle bus sometimes

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 23, 2016 5:48 pm

The Zendikari Survivors wrote:...

I can get behind the solar powers being used for blasts and blinding people, but I'm iffy about the illusions and I don't think he should be able to turn invisible. Other than that I'm willing to give you a chance.

United Human Planets wrote:...

I've been limiting people to one general power, so if possible could you focus on teleportation and have his demeanor be more the reason for influencing others?
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon May 23, 2016 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015

Postby United Human Planets » Mon May 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
The Zendikari Survivors wrote:...

I can get behind the solar powers being used for blasts and blinding people, but I'm iffy about the illusions and I don't think he should be able to turn invisible. Other than that I'm willing to give you a chance.

United Human Planets wrote:...

I've been limiting people to one general power, so if possible could you focus on teleportation and have his demeanor be more the reason for influencing others?

Yeah, that sounds fair. Ill edit it, so that he is just creepy on his own.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 23, 2016 6:06 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:Javert...Inspector...Ah, Inspector Javert? Les Miserables references. Good movies. Haven't read the novel.

Good movie? *Heart Breaks* I take it you haven't watched the play then? The play is always better. Now, I haven't seen it, but I have to design a costume for a character using only the script. Long story, but it's a part of a class I'd rather do without. Not really into costuming.

The Zendikari Survivors wrote:I nearly forgot. Javert's theme song is Mr. Brightside by The Killers

Amazing song. I'm always so happy when people pick songs I actually know that are pop songs. Lord, I have a thing against pop.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Mon May 23, 2016 6:07 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Barapam wrote:NAME: Sigrid Wagner
NAME: Siegfried Wagner

ACCEPTED, however, note that this timeline differs from the other RP, and as such the government has yet to truly get involved with Variants (as they have been few and far between until recently). You don't have to change the Bio but don't bring in any government goons.

Reverend Norv wrote:NAME: Elias "Eli" Stone

Hesitant about such a powerful military character, but given your writing skill I think you can pull it off. ACCEPTED.

Thank you. I have tempered Eli's high level of military skill and substantial physical power with a total lack of equipment: he has no guns, no vehicles, no costume, and he is literally walking across America like a hobo. So while he is formidable, I took pains not to make him overpowered.

New Neros wrote:
The Warriors of the Sun wrote:So in this world are there any actual famous heroes or well-known variants whose name are commonplace?

I was personally going to reference comic books, but not any real heroes.

Trans, I highly doubt he'd get reported if my flag has persisted this long. Not like he's going Stormfront on us.

Also, Norv, that application was immaculate, Jesus.

Thank you.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon May 23, 2016 6:16 pm

United Human Planets wrote:Yeah, that sounds fair. Ill edit it, so that he is just creepy on his own.

Thanks.

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Mon May 23, 2016 6:55 pm

Y'know when you're incapable of writing a bio? Had everything done on day one but the bio.
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Mon May 23, 2016 6:58 pm

Vacif wrote:Y'know when you're incapable of writing a bio? Had everything done on day one but the bio.

Yeah, that's the part that I suck with.
The bio.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse