NATION

PASSWORD

Tyran Regional Application Thread

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Acrea
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrea » Fri May 20, 2016 1:35 pm

I think it should be worth noting here that all groups within Acrea are indigenous, rather than having Rapallo speak for me. That, and the fact that the Schottians and the Acrean Arcadians are not the same group, and only speak the same language, which makes perfect sense given their very close proximity. Likewise, I've spoken to Fiore and she wishes for the Fioreans to not be described as 'French', or their language, which in turn makes them distinct from the Avenians. Likewise, Acrean Venetians are also different from the Schottians, in this case through language as well as ethnic features.

In this regard, I think it's perfectly fine that Quebec referred to them as Europeans considering that we do not use a singular blanket term, though I do believe that to avoid any argument over this in the future that the term 'Caucasians' would serve a better purpose.

Further Explanation Edit: Contrary to what Rapallo stated, we do not possess any origins, and do not have established routes of spread for particular linguistic or ethnic groups outside of what is agreed upon by members. And I approve.
Last edited by Acrea on Fri May 20, 2016 2:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tennai
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 28, 2013
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Tennai » Fri May 20, 2016 2:43 pm

Semantics aside, I think your application looks alright West Aotearoa.

Oh, and we are also "Asians" in Tennai, Rapallo. :P

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Sat May 21, 2016 2:37 am

Application looks fine to me.

I guess with your climate, you're going to a wee bit limited in terms of location. Either the far side of Inara (the continent Acrea is on), somewhere between Schottia and Kirisaki, or out by Ossoria.

If your nation was part of a Quebecois Commonwealth then there would be plenty of scope to have interacted with Ossorian/Schottic Empire, which was active around the North of the region at one point. Might be an interesting point of discussion when we all get round to talking about how that played out.

As a further note I think Ossoria has a small Māori Island, so it might be chatting to him or her when you're fleshing out your pre-colonial history.

Chrysehlia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrysehlia » Sat May 21, 2016 3:18 pm

Rapallo wrote:Carinya - I want to hear a little bit of elaboration about how a Prime Minister managed to dissolve the parliament, general by definition a Prime Minister can't dissolve a Parliament due to the fact that they are vested their office by also being a member of parliament. Parliamentary systems also largely function off of a Coalition system.

i would also like to know a little more about this 2009 depression. Since there wasn't any worldwide downturns then in Tyran.

Chrysehlia - There haven't really been any Romans in the region. The only Italian based nations are myself, Cacerta and a tiny portion of Acrea. And none of them had a Roman-esk start. While Greeks as far as I know haven't been a ruling force in Tyran History, relegated to a minority in Gylias and a few of Ossoria's territory iirc. Other then that I dont see much of an issue.

I can change those cultural influences pertaining to roman and greek. There is more of a 'Imperial' culture that I guess I was drawing comparison to with the roman structure, but as far as traditions and all that, Chrysehlia is very English/Scandinavian in a purely cultural aspect.

Chrysehlia
Political Columnist

Founded: May 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrysehlia » Sat May 21, 2016 3:46 pm

Mubata wrote:Chrysehlia is also simultaneously applying to Astyria, possibly other regions, as well. What is the plan? Go to whoever accepts you first?

I choose this region...

Reason I went to Astyria was because I assumed something like a TG would come through and I didn't bother to check back here seeing it was just a sign-up thread. Astyria never answered so I traveled to another region until life got a little busy and then I decided I wanted to RP when I returned after a week. Was going to do a second application and saw replies and such.

Simply put: I got busy, assumed and forgot, Tyran is what I originally signed up for so I'm sticking to it.

Shalum
Minister

Founded: Oct 07, 2012
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Shalum » Mon May 23, 2016 1:18 pm

I am in agreement with the members above me who have already stated their opinions and asked questions. The application looks fine to me.
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

It is better to be a warrior in a garden then to be a gardener in a war.

West Aotearoa
Civil Servant

Founded: Apr 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West Aotearoa » Mon May 30, 2016 11:48 am

Schottia wrote:Application looks fine to me.

I guess with your climate, you're going to a wee bit limited in terms of location. Either the far side of Inara (the continent Acrea is on), somewhere between Schottia and Kirisaki, or out by Ossoria.

If your nation was part of a Quebecois Commonwealth then there would be plenty of scope to have interacted with Ossorian/Schottic Empire, which was active around the North of the region at one point. Might be an interesting point of discussion when we all get round to talking about how that played out.

As a further note I think Ossoria has a small Māori Island, so it might be chatting to him or her when you're fleshing out your pre-colonial history.

Being right by Ossoria works for me. I guess we could possibly have a Ossorian/Schottic Empire linked into the pre-colonial and colonial history I guess.

Shalum
Minister

Postby Shalum » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:28 pm

Recruitment is still open, and Tyran has plenty of space for new members. Anyone interested is welcomed to apply!
Conscription is the vitality of a nation, the purification of its morality, and the real foundations of all its habits.

Ord Caprica
Envoy

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ord Caprica » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 am

Application
Official Name of Nation: The United Republic of Ord Caprica & the Western Isles
Type of Government: Unitary Semi-Presidential Constitutional Representative Republic
Head of Government: Prime Minister Atticus Koin
Head of State: President Oliver S. Kenway
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 211.5 Million
Type of Economy:Social Market Economy
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): Outdated Factbook(Alot of the information is no longer canon because it's from my old nation but most of the general information will be the same.
Preferred Climate: Continental
Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs):
Diplomatic RP:Under Gaveria
Military RP:Under Gaveria( That one got out of hand before I could put boots on the ground.
P2TM RP:House Lannister

Rapallo
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 12, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rapallo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:23 pm

After deliberating with others on the IRC. I am against Orb Caprica joining. Mainly due to the fact that they are still actively pursuing an application in the Cornellian Empire, but also due to their heavily lacking application.

Nalaya
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nalaya » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:21 pm

Rapallo, if you could outline what you think is lacking, Ord could work to address that. I'd personally like to see a more current factbook so we know what's staying and what's not.
Do you know, my son, with what little understanding the world is ruled?
- Pope Julius III

Azura and Montemayor
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 02, 2009
Anarchy

Postby Azura and Montemayor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:45 am

I am going to withhold my judgement for the time being due to the applicant currently having pending applications for Atlas and Cornellia. If he were to make it clear that he would prefer Tyran over the other regions he has applications out for then I would give my input.
Last edited by Azura and Montemayor on Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ossoria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossoria » Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Nalaya wrote:Rapallo, if you could outline what you think is lacking, Ord could work to address that. I'd personally like to see a more current factbook so we know what's staying and what's not.

I agree with this statement.
The High Kingdom of Ossoria
High Queen Tara Silven

Acrea
Attaché

Founded: Aug 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acrea » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:07 pm

I would like to see much more... everything.

A factbook that is filled out with sufficient information for the application (for this, just take a glance at any of the other applications that were accepted) that is up to date is a must. It would also help a lot, if this isn't in the factbook, for you to put down what your preferred course of national history is so that we can also see where it might fit in to the regional history. And if you have something specific in mind, I would also like to see much more regarding location such as desired geographic features and a more specific climate range so that we can have an idea of where you might go in the region. As with Rapallo, the fact that you have also applied to two other regions makes me a tad wary but not enough to sway my future decision either way.
Last edited by Acrea on Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Schottia
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schottia » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:52 pm

For me there is just not really enough in the application to go on, which would allow me to make an informed decision on whether your nation would be a good fit. The out of date fact book just doesn't say much on what your nation will be like within the region. The information we do have feels a little vague, almost like you're not sure yourself what nation you'd like to RP with. The point that Nalaya and Ossoria make is a fair one though, so, as Acrea says, go back to page four of this thread where there are some application which were accepted. Maybe try and think of the information they included, in terms of your own nation.

Also, as some of the others have pointed out, it seems like your application to Cornellia is in a more advanced stage. Generally speaking I am less inclined to vote in favour of applicants who have submitted to other regions; therefore, I will abstain just now and see what comes of your conversation with them.

The Altepetl League
Civilian

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Altepetl League » Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:25 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: The Altepetl League
Type of Government: Confederation of City-States
Head of Government: Grand Capullec - Teupalli Yolotli
Head of State: KingEmperor Tlatoani - Itzhua Ocuil
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): 62 Million
Type of Economy: The economy of Altepetl is largely free market with the League havng little to no regulation over it, due to the nature in which the central government is structured. While each city-state may control it's economic policy, the League does define bounderies in order to keep the market 'free'.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.):
The real life parralell of Altepetl is a mix of pre-columbian mesoamerican culture.

Atlepetl, meaning water and mountain, referring to the four primary city-states, also called 'The Four Regions', is a nation of 62 Million. The nation is mainly urbanized, with vast majorities of the nation centering on the four cities of Nopalpilli, Ixnochihan, Momoznenitilan and Tizocilha. The four city's have dominated the political, administrative and military construct for a millenia, through trials of war and occupation.

The League, is generally extremely religious and while most superstitious beliefs have been pushed back due to the oversight of modernization, the country retains many of it's central core values. The primary way of worship is through various idols, whether it be historical figures or manifestations of human emotions and activity, such as agriculture, love, shame or war. These idols are seen akin to gods, but are understood to be only living through memory, whereas the naturalist gods are thought to manifest their energy through animals and other parts of nature and sought out to truly exist. The central god the people of Altepetl worship is Soleil, represented as a giver of life and the sun.

Atlepetl is home to a diverse range of ethnicity and sub-language groups, each seemlessly merging into eachother but retaining their distinctness steeped in their home city(of the four). These dominant groups are the Nopal, Ixnoch, Momoz and Tizoc. Each region/city retains it's own unique contribution to the political scene. Generally, both Nopal and Momoz are highly liberal, but with Nopal being the more moderate, compromising and less progressive of the two. Ixnoch are the most religious and militaristic(an aztec analogue), generally are much more nationalistic while the Tizoc maintain moderacy.
Preferred Climate: sub tropical and mountainous
Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs):

I played a similar nation a while back in another region, have a saved post from my pc:
A Coronation

Guest such as celebrities, musicians and Meshikan statesmen all gathered, arriving by forms of helicopters, the elevator and even those who wanted to take their time took the ancient, hardly used stairs. These arrivals were hardly Nelli's concern however, as with her supposed sleek charisma, Huemoc had trusted her as the best to recieve essential foreign dignitaries. As the CrownPrince approached, Nelli partially extended her hand, mid way shake realizing it isn't custom in Selecuid to shake the hand's of women.

She apologized, "I am sorry. I know it isn't your tradition but Meshika has no set tradition on how to greet someone." she said, with the bow of her head. "It would be most appropriate for you to present your gift to the Tlatoani-elect when you come across him. He plans to give many audience today." Nalli's translator stood to the side, she politiely conveyed each word. "But I am sorry, I have not properly introduced myself. I am Nelli, a top advisor to his Tlatoani-elect and I am honored with the task of acquainting you to our cultural ceremony. We are all awaiting for the Tlatoani-elect to make his entrance with his future spouse, until then, I'm sure some of the servant's could take you to your own tables." Nelli motioned for the table servants.

Traditional Meshikan dress would perhaps seem liberal to some, Nelli herself had an exposed belly, legs and arms with gold rings around her wrist and other extravagant jewellery around her body, with a light see-through blouse and skirt. Most other Meshikans were dressed similarly, some women were in light dresses, others dressed liberally, men had robes, suits, skirts and even were shirtless in the unbearable humidity of Meshika. The weather in lower Meshika was generally always hot and humid, formal dress may have even seemed casual in comparison. Meshikans were not modest dressers, by any means, at least the top tier Meshikans. Commoners are dressed more usual and more conservative, but this was no common ceremony.

Nelli soon turned to accommodate the next arriving delegation, she bowed this time, as Akiyama and Aki approached. "Welcome Princess and Prince, it is an honor to meet some of our closest neighbors." Nelli said. "I'm Nelii, and I have been assigned the honor of accommodating you this evening." she motioned and whistled for the table servants, and they came in strict fashion, whisking them away to their private table on the patio with the rest. As the sun continued to set, more foreigners steadily arrived, and Nelli's eye was immediately caught by what she assumed was 'cat-people' walking in. She looked at her pamphlet and there it was, she was going to guide the 'cat-people', or wolf, she wasn't entirely sure.

When they spoke the exotic language, Nelli was taken back, they then repeated in more common tongue the translator persisted with ease. "Ah, welcome." she said. "You are indeed our first ever guest, let alone a diplomatic envoy, from what we know as 'The Tribes up North'. I hope your travels were well, I'm Nelli and I'll be your guide for toight." she said, motioning once again for the table servants. Nelli then saw Geun-hye, though she had briefly confused him for a Ryokutonese. "Welcome." she said, droning on the same introduction she gave the rest, as Geun0hye was shown to her table along with the rest. Suddenly Nelli turned and was being yelled at by an elf. She jumped a little seeing the guards surround Marr. "Well hello, we have been expecting you." Nelli said, calling for them to be shown to a table as a traditional ceremony was about to begin.

"Good evening everyone." she said, to all the foreign tables who were close to eachother. You can find small pamplets on the schedule here. Right now we're about to see an opening to the festitivities." she smiled, sitting alongside them with her own Meshikan table. Suddenly, as the lights dimmed, a spotlight shot down on several dancers in traditional dress. The drums boomed through the halls and shook everyone's chest, they came out in the hundreds with high energy performing something akin to the The Fire Dance. It was a ceremonial and religious dance, as they were paying the dance as tribute to Tlopoc, the Sun God of Meshika, with the large cauldron of fire in the centre, representing the eternal flame.

As the display abruptly ended, the drums beat in slow succession in the background, until they began a sudden rise in a rapid arpeggio. The drums pulsed in intervals, of quietness then a steady, rising climax. Fire, suddenly shot from two pillars, acting as an entrance to the top of the Pyramid from the patio. The Tlatoani's Guardsmen, came running out in formation keeping pace with the drums, forming massive colorful formations with their differently colored head-dresses. Huemoc blocked some of the bright lights, but still couldn't see the crowd which had erupted in cheers and clapping when he walked out, flanked by two Guardsmen in full military gear with a Jaguar pattern, they wore the heads of real Jaguars atop their heads with a decorative mask covering their face. A man stood out, holding up his rifle screaming, "All bend the knee! All bend the knee! For the Tlatoani elect! Huemoc-tzin Zolin!"

The thousands Meshikans at the ceremony bowed, quietly, as Huemoc walked out holding the hand of Etal, both putting on a show to come across as politically correct in the Meshikan sense. Huemoc lifted his hand, and the crowds quietly stood, taking their seats. A Fire Priest then made his entrance, with the drums turning to a more devilish sound. As Priest Kono circled Huemoc, who stood at the center between all the tables, he recited several passages from the Holy Book of Tlopoc. After a pause, he then turned a row of seat with several hundred political figured such as senators and royalty, yelling “Do you accept this man? Huemoc-tzin Zolin as Tlatoani-KingEmperor of Meshika!” there was another long pause, as each of them hesitated to take a stand against Huemoc, a man most politicians believed dangerous to the survivability of the Confederation.

One finally stood, “On behalf of the Confederacy and it’s people! Yes!” he said, in full support. Kono then turned, slightly grinning at Huemoc. “Bow, KingEmperor.” he commanded Huemoc, and he did so. Kono then took a blade to his hand, cutting just enough to draw blood. “Then I, the High Tlenamacac, inaugurate you as the Tlatoani, the KingEmperor and supreme deity to rule over Meshika in the name of Tlopoc and the people’s Confederation.” he rubbed his blooded hand down Huemoc’s face, forming a selection of Meshikan ancient scribble. “May your rule be long, and just.” a loud roar followed, trembling the crowd a bit as a large Meshika Jaguar was walked out into the center plan where Huemoc knelt, he shook in terror slightly but for the most part, kept his composure. The Jaguar hailed to Kono’s gestures, “In the name of Tlopoc!” he announced. “This fearsome animal is tribute to the KingEmperor!” Kono said, suddenly slicing his blade across the vulnerable part of the beast neck and holding it, while the animal roared and thrashed for life.

Huemoc bowed before the animal, and Kono began skinning the animal quickly, as professional as them come, the drums continued to pulse. Taking the fresh pelt off, with several others helping him, they dressed the pelt and a multi-colored headdress on Huemoc. The lights shut off, revealing the many stars in the sky. It wasn’t too long before all the city lights shut off in accordance and the moon was the little light provided to the scene. Below, on the city streets, you could hear “Huemoc! Huemoc! Huemoc! Huemoc!” being chanted overwhelmingly. A fire was lit, and held before Kono’s hands in a metallic bowl, grasped by the way of thick cloth. He bowed as Huemoc stood, and took the bowl of fire and retreated back into the Pyramid, followed by his guards. Spotlights shot up suddenly, from the top of the (Palace of) Tlatoani’s Pyramid, where the eternal fire burned. Huemoc slowly rose from a stage elevator, with the chanting of his name growing louder and the drums beating harder.

Many perhaps couldn’t even notice, but Huemoc shook in excitement and fright. The feeling was overwhelming, emotional, and tears began flooding down his cheeks. It was perhaps one of the only times in life he felt a true bond with his humanity. Still, he remained stoic, cold, emotionless, beside his tears, as he dumped the bowl into the huge fire before him and it went aflame dozens of fit in the air in pink, the color’s of his family. For a moment, Huemoc’s atheistic beliefs were taken away by a sense of religious community, with all 80+ million in his country. But now realizing he was the sole ruler, he digressed, and became the cold hard strategist, once again. He was lowered, and by the time the lights turned back on the scene at the centre stage was cleaned up and the Jaguar was taken to the side to be butchered and served among the crowd, raw. Selections of it were passed, out, even to the foreign delegations. It was ceremonial to eat a piece of the animal, as it was considered sacred. It could perhaps be the closest thing to tangible meat that evening though, as Meshikan diet is largely vegetarian.

The wedding was to take place later in the night, when the moon reached the ‘center’ of the sky shining light right down on the complex. Until then however, Huemoc took center stage at the long, decorative table with an array of food. Waiters, passed out more and small areas were reserved for buffet style feasting. This was the leisure, feasting period of the celebration, as an array of Meshikan food was served. Everything from exotic insects, grilled fruits, fish, followed by bounds of endless vegetables such as corn, all spiced to perfection, hot and mild. Huemoc only invited few to his table, to feast with him as the commoners in the city shot off fireworks, high into the sky, he was now the legitimate Tlatoani after all. “Please, sit.” Huemoc stood, with a smiling gesture of show to the foreign delegations as they were showed to their seats at his feasting table.

They sat among important Meshikans, celebrities, artist and politicians. “I would like to welcome everyone that has come from different countries.” he began. “Now, let’s feast! And converse!” he said, holding Etal’s hand as he sat down, kissing his future husband. Those at the table began presenting their gifts to the Tlatoani now, with him graciously accepting. Though the Tlatoani held no true power outside of the city of Mekipan, the capital, Huemoc held true to garnering the support of outside powers so that this transition of power would go over easy, he already had the support of the people, he just needed a tight grasp on the market.

Shalum
Minister

Postby Shalum » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:23 am

From what I have seen of the application so far, and the talk on the IRC, Altepetl looks fine to me. I would almost suggest placing him next to Sevase, were he accepted, since I seem to believe that Sevase is kinda a 'central/south America' that never got colonized by Europe.

Shalum
Minister

Postby Shalum » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:40 pm

Application to Tyran is still very much open! If interested, apply today!

Ossoria
Envoy

Founded: Sep 10, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ossoria » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:30 pm

Still open to applications
The High Kingdom of Ossoria
High Queen Tara Silven

Lorragen
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Lorragen » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:51 am

Application
Official Name of Nation: The State of Lorragen
Type of Government: Parliamentary Federal Constitutional Monarchy
Head of Government: Prime Minister Garret Marston (JFP)
Head of State: King Julian III
National Population: 15.82 Million
Type of Economy: Small Business Capitalism
Brief Description of Nation: The political climate of Lorragen is very divided, between the far-let RHP-RP and the right-wing populist Independence Party. There are elections every 5 years, the next being March 2017. The government is divided into the Executive, or the Royal Council (headed by the Prime Minister and the Monarchy), the Legislature, or the Parliament, and the Judiciary, the High Royal Court. Since 1879 the country has been a Constitutional Monarchy, as previously it was an Absolute Monarchy.

The culture is generally that of a normal western country, however the people are slightly more conservative than normal and church attendance is quite high. The population is quite homogenous, 94%+ of the nation are white, 92% are native to Lorragen. Immigration has been rising however the recent National Identity Bill restricted immigration so that white people will make up 90% of the population at minimum up until 2057.

The national language is English, however Latin is spoken in parts of the East.

Preferred Climate: Central European
Roleplaying Example or Links: this and my iiWiki this is all I have sorry
HandsOffSyria!
Stand With Rand 2020 | Pragmatic Conservative | Environmentalist | Free Market Economics
For: Paleo-conservatism, Pro-Life, Small Business, Civic Nationalism, Conservatism, Edmund Burke, Rand Paul, Nigel Farage, Bashar al-Assad, Barry Goldwater, Irish Republicanism, Scottish Independence, Irish National Party, Populism
Neutral: UKIP, Paleo-libertarianism, Ron Paul, Justin Amash, US Republican Party, UK Conservative Party, Peshmerga
Against: Gay Pride, Abortion, Neoconservatism, Open Borders, Interventionism, Donald Trump, US Democratic Party, Social Liberalism, Third Way Economics, UK Labour Party, Internationalism

Gylias
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 19, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gylias » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:19 am

Lorragen wrote:Application
Official Name of Nation: The State of Lorragen
Type of Government: Parliamentary Federal Constitutional Monarchy
Head of Government: Prime Minister Garret Marston (JFP)
Head of State: King Julian III
National Population: 15.82 Million
Type of Economy: Small Business Capitalism
Brief Description of Nation: The political climate of Lorragen is very divided, between the far-let RHP-RP and the right-wing populist Independence Party. There are elections every 5 years, the next being March 2017. The government is divided into the Executive, or the Royal Council (headed by the Prime Minister and the Monarchy), the Legislature, or the Parliament, and the Judiciary, the High Royal Court. Since 1879 the country has been a Constitutional Monarchy, as previously it was an Absolute Monarchy.

The culture is generally that of a normal western country, however the people are slightly more conservative than normal and church attendance is quite high. The population is quite homogenous, 94%+ of the nation are white, 92% are native to Lorragen. Immigration has been rising however the recent National Identity Bill restricted immigration so that white people will make up 90% of the population at minimum up until 2057.

The national language is English, however Latin is spoken in parts of the East.

Preferred Climate: Central European
Roleplaying Example or Links: this and my iiWiki this is all I have sorry

Lorragen, would you mind fleshing your application a bit more? There isn't a lot we could work with from your application text and iiwiki. We could use more details about, for instance, your politics, culture, economics, and maybe history, to have a better idea of how your nation might fit into Tyran.

Silua
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2016
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Silua » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:47 pm

Application
Official Name of Nation: Hegemony of Silua
Type of Government: Federal Hegemony
Head of Government: Aima III
Head of State: Aima III
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million): ~78-80 million
Type of Economy: Mixed Market. ( Market economy with strong regulatory oversight and governmental provision of public goods. A number of state-run enterprises are also present.
Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.):

The government Silua is a hegemony that consists of of two major component subdivisions. The hegemon nation of Silua which acts as the central authority and the thirty-nine autonomous states and polities which fall under its purview.

Each state and polity is guaranteed its own constitution and ruling assembly by which it may govern its geographic area. So long as each state and polity within the hegemony does noy act to harm or disrupt another state or polity and so long as its legislation and statutes do not contradict the hegemon's laws and statutes they may govern their territory as they see fit. Each constituent state and polity is required to provide the hegemon with troops, taxes, and other services depending upon the size and economy of their territory.

As the hegemon, Silua acts as the central authority in issues that affects the hegemony as a whole. The hegemon's leader, the Pukias Sualkarane, acts as the head of state, head of government, commander and chief, and the final authority in all matters regarding the hegemony.

Due to frequent attempts to invade the territories of Silua, it has been forced to maintain a strong defense force which in turn has reduced the funding made available to social welfare programs that are found in other modern developed nations with mixed economies.

Siluan culture and religion is base upon dualities. Male and female. Night and Day. Sun and Moon etc.. Women and men have very distinct and strictly enforced roles in Siluan society and culture. Women are meant to lead and men are meant to support. This might seem a somewhat draconian system to modern liberal nations and societies, but it is viewed as the norm in Silua. At the same time though, there are some who are drawn to the less rigidly constructed social and cultural rules found abroad.

There are about half a dozen related ethno-linguistic groups residing in Silua with smaller numbers of non-native ethnicities residing in the border regions. Minority populations in Silua are generally treated as majority ethnicities as they are viewed as citizens of the Hegemony like any other. On the other hand, people of hailing from ethnicities and nations associated with past hostilities can be treated very poorly in some instances.

Silua religious life is dominated by the Kuvo faith (96%) which a Dualistic one with worship focused on a pair of goddesses representing the Sun and the Moon. The sun goddess is considered the mother of women and the goddess of the moon is considered the mother of men. There is little room for moral ambiguity in Kuvo as there is good and evil and naught between.
Christianity is the only other faith with any significant number of followers (6%) and its adherents live on the fringes of Siluan territory. While generally accepted as citizens of the Hegemony in good standing, many Siluans remember the many crusades launched against them in the past by Christian nations.

The wild lands of Silua are important to Siluan cultural and spiritual beliefs. With this in mind, the Siluan leadership of the past and present have worked diligently to preserve the wilderness of Silua and protect the quality of the local envronment. This has not always been the most successful of endeavors, but overall Silua does manage to do a more than reasonable job of providing a clean environment and healthy ecology. Siluan forestry regulations, for example, are very strict and are set up to provide maximum yield of over maximum profit with a longer rotation period in the producing forests.

Preferred Climate: Northern climate. Preference is between Shalum and Alemarr.
Roleplaying Example or Links (Please provide at least three individual posts or at least three paragraphs): Will Discuss with region.
Last edited by Silua on Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Deusaeuri
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deusaeuri » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:37 am

Application
Official Name of Nation: Deusaeurian Republic
Type of Government: Constitutional Parliamentary and Fully Presidential Republic
Head of State & Government: President Renars Halle
National Population (cannot be larger than 300 million):140 million 120 million
Type of Economy: Mixed, bordering on planned

Brief Description of Nation (culture, society, politics, ect.): Previously, I've been a stereotypical extremist dictatorship on nationstates (military junta). This nation is a better reflection of my actual politics, applied realistically. It is roughly based on the Baltic states (Uses Latvian language), fairly westernized. The nation's currently governed by a big-tent populist party, containing elements of both the far-right and far-left. Once federal, it is now unitary, ans as a result, there has been a fair amount more power dedicated to the national legislature and leadership. It has dominated since a political crisis ~20-30 years ago, the result of decades of shifting control between the left and right in government that caused the two-party government to shut down for months. It is officially multi-party and democratic, and still has a strong tendency to align itself with liberal democracies. Economically the nation is primarily focused on the primary and secondary sectors. Tertiary work is emerging as the primary sector shrinks, but it still relatively small. I have a keen interest in developing unique aspects of my nation, for example I'm working on devising a religion based very roughly on gnosticism and chinese folk religion. Nonetheless, I'm fairly flexible with working with regional precedent if necessary.

Preferred Climate: Subtropical. I am an experienced cartographer and already know where I would prefer to be, if accepted.
The President of Phatui sat in his office, sipping a cup of coffee and twiddling a luxury pen in his free hand, as he watched a television screen across the room. His desk was normally quite orderly, but today it was strewn with reports, newspapers, printouts, logs, and the like. The name plate showing "Khalan Vejjakasem" had fallen off long ago, and rested on the floor next to a deep brown coffee stain. Shown on the screen was a news coverage of the first summit of the Aerian Mutual Cooperation Organization. Every minute that passed by, every time the smiling faces of the national leaders of AMCO's founding members were shone, he became more and more enraged, his anger clearly shown on his face. Eventually the news program cut to commercial, and the president, out of rage, he brought the pen down on the wooden desk, breaking off the ball point tip in a loud snap. Surprised, he sighed and set the broken pen down on the desk next to his empty mug. He rested his head on his hands. After some thought, he sighed yet again, and reached for his phone. Several times he speed-dialed a number and spoke to equally disgruntled person, who displayed their displeasure in colorful arrays of words that would make the dirtiest sailor stop in his tracks. Each time he called someone the both of them bantered in their own languages, some for thirty for forty minutes. It was three hours later that he stuffed some papers in folders which he stuffed in a briefcase and stepped out of his office.

Once he closed the door, barely stopping for more than a second, two tall, dark men in suits and very poorly hidden rifles began following him. The President and his guards seamlessly navigated the quite large Capitol building and three minutes later, they emerged from the bacl exit. Waiting for them was a jet black SUV with Phatui Federal Police cars next to it's front and rear. President Vejjakasem stepped in to the closest back seat while one of his guards got in the passenger's seat, while the other stepped around to the opposite back seat.

The convoy began moving through Yeuxing at an astounding pace. With lights blaring and cars pulling over in terror, the convoy broke 160 km/h numerous times. Over time, the dense cityscape transitioned to crowded suburbs, even more crowded slums, and finally heavily wooded forests. For about an hour the convoy rolled along, as did the moon, creeping up from the horizon. Before he knew it, President Vejjakasem found himself counting stars through the tinted windows. He had traversed this route numerous times, Camp Pa'phinua was his personal estate and retreat, but he never remembered it taking this long to arrive. Soon after thinking this, the convoy rolled up to a gatehouse, surrounded on both sides by two ten-foot-high fences, each with razor wire along their tops. The lead Federal Police car's driver spoke with the men manning the gatehouse for a few, brief moments, during which he passed and ID card over. A few moments of murmuring and scuffling later, he nodded and raised the gate. A minute or so more of driving, the convoy arrived at the estate. Already there were numerous cars, trucks, and armed guards, who opened attempted to open the door for Vejjakasem, who opened it himself and began rushing in to the building.

Navigating perfectly, he eventually entered a fairly large room, with a single round table at it's center. Along it were five chairs. Four of them had been filled by three of Vejjakasem's closest allies, the fourth a visibly anxious diplomat with a laptop, displaying a man in a suit over video. This man was the first speak, a noticable amount of time after Vejjakasem entered the room. "Ah, yes, I was almost ready to leave. Please, take a seat." Wordlessly, Vejjakasem nodded and sat down at the final chair, designated by a piece of paper folded in a reverse "V" fashion, with "PRESIDENT VEJJAKASEM - PHATUI" scribbled on it in pencil. The ma directly to his left slid him a small stack of papers. Titled on it in bold calligraphy was 'Independence and Constitution of the Confederacy of Charathih,'

"As I'm sure you have collected, we could not wait for you to arrive. However, I do believe you will find our final draft most agreeable." Nodding, Vejjakasem began quickly scanning over the document, occasionally stopping to thoroughly read a paragraph or two. It's contents had very little to deal with the management of Charithih, in fact, it would most people would think paragraphs from it came from a manifesto endlessly criticizing AMCO and it's members rather than a national constitution. He reached the bottom, an empty unsigned space. He looked up the man who had slid him the paper, who was already ready, pulling a quite nondescript black pen from his pocket and handing it over. Vejjakasem looked at the signing are for some, motionless. It took all the effort he could muster to eventually bring the pen down, and slowly sign his name. He silently passed it and the pen back, and the document went around the table, which each of the leaders signing. The document ultimately found it's way to the final man. He, just as anxiously signed it, and handed the paper to Vejjakasem, who placed it at the center of the table. Everyone transfixed on it, it was some time before someone spoke again.

The only leader not to speak since Vejjakasem arrived leaned back in his chair. He quietly muttered to no one in particular, "Christ... We've truly crossed the Rubicon, haven't we?" Vejjakasem could only look at him and wonder what the future could hold for the future of him and the newly birthed nation.
Last edited by Deusaeuri on Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mubata
Attaché

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Mubata » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:35 pm

Biggest NOPE ever!
Last edited by Mubata on Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deusaeuri
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Deusaeuri » Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:42 am

Mubata wrote:Biggest NOPE ever!

What makes you say no? We can always dicuss it here or on IRC and make changes if necessary. As I said, I'm happy to work with what precedents have been set in the region.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information