NATION

PASSWORD

The Shades of Baker Street: (Interest)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

For the OOC would you prefer a

Employee registry (Archive)
67%
Character list in the OOC
33%

Total votes : 6

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Shades of Baker Street: (Interest)

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 7:53 am

Shades of Baker Street

It has currently been around 1 and half years since the disappearance of Sherlock Holmes and Master Criminal James Moriarty. While saddened by the apparent death of his friend and comrade, Watson remained strong. He had his practice and his wife Mary; they kept him from going mad with grief. Soon after Mary became pregnant and his practice was booming, all was well for Dr. Watson. Alas this was not the same for everyone.

Scotland Yard had been swamped with many of the types of strange cases that Holmes usually solved. While Lestrade and the other members of Scotland Yard did their best it wasn’t enough. The most notable of these cases were ones that appeaered to be similar to the ones commited by Jack the ripper. Other notable cases included Apparent suicides from the Tower of London, but the cause of death was drowning. The lungs of the victims were filled with water found in old Moats, which was coincidental as all the victims were found in the dry ditch that formerly housed the moat of the Tower.

As time drug on, things took a turn for the worst, for Dr. Watson. His Wife Mary died during childbirth, with their son following soon after. This coupled with the ongoing disappearance of Holmes, Led Watson to both drink and obsess over searching for Holmes. The drinking led to him losing his practice, but he was still able to make a living and support himself through being a mobile medical practitioner of sorts, travelling throughout England ond other places to examine and occasionally help people. On many of the occasions that he did this, it was not just for money, but to follow possible leads as well.

Many at Scotland Yard still respected him for his work done with Holmes. To help an acquaintance Inspector Lestrade managed to convince Watson to both quit drinking and to help Scotland Yard. For a while Watson helped the Yard alone. As the cases piled up, Watson was swamped once more. This eventually led to Watson putting out an ad, for recruitment. The interviews and the like will take place at 221 Baker Street, Which Watson now owns fully.

Hello Fellow denizens of NS, This is a thread to see whether anyone would like to join an rp which takes place during the years after Holme's "Death". This was actually inspired by a Murder mystery rp i was thinking of rebooting, and i did take some elements from Irregular Occurrences By Charlia. She will be one of my Executioners (Co-OP's, though such a term is unworthy of the Great Red Queen). This rp will contain influences from many Genre's among them are: mystery, survival horror-ish, and other genres.

Although i have everything ready for the OOC and Ic, i have other commitments, which will cause my absence for a few days later this month. The OOC will be up next week, probably around wed-ish. This thread to see who are interested and to improve what i have, so suggestions are welcome.

1. The word of the Op and my executioners (co-op’s) is law.

2. No god modding or anything of the like.

3. Be nice in the OOC, you can be a dick in the Ic if in your characters nature. (also keep the OOC out of the IC)

4. 3 strikes and you shall be given to the Red Queen for beheading. (exceptions may be made)

5. Max of 3 player characters, but Npc’s are unique, you can control as many as you have made, within reason, and the npc you post as must be relevant to the current arc/event in some way. No carbon copies of Moriarty or Holmes, some exceptions are allowed though.)

6. England is dangerous, as are those your characters will hunt and search for, your character(s) may die.

7. You must abide by the rules and guidelines. But they aren’t set in stone and may be changed to suit the whims of the higher powers.

8. Keep it PG-13, gore beyond that may be acceptable, but I don’t want to lose anyone here, to another massacre.

9. If you have read the rules put yes, it was elementary or some variation of in the appropriate portion of the app.

10. While I try to keep some things Historically accurate, not everything will be, so don’t whine if there are inconsistencies. (If you are here you shouldn’t seeing as how 221 baker street didn’t exist when the stories were first written.)

11. No one liners, I shall be lenient, however. If you can give a good explanation as to why you posted a one liner, it shall not count against you, unless you post one liners extensively.

While i am placing the Apps below No posting them here, unless you want critiques. I am putting them here so you all can work on your apps for when i get the OOC up next week.

I will not list an actual year, so that we arent constrained too much. However I am going to give a brief rundown on things you need to know. Manned flight has happened, but isn't a working mode of transportation. Automobiles are being produced, but aren't too common on London's street's. Many houses have telephones, but they are simple.

Code: Select all
 [b][u] Npc app:[/u][/b] (Delete all in Parentheses)
[b]Name: [/b] (can also include an alias or a moniker they are reffered as or by)
[b]Age: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] (pic or description)
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Skills: [/b] (What they bring to the table be it hand to hand combat or deduction skills, if applicable)
[b]other:[/b](extra info)
[b]Reason: [/b] (for associating with the group)
[b]Rp example: [/b] (better choose good ones, as this can make or break your app)

[b][u] PC App[/u][/b]
[b]Name: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b] (pic or description)
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Likes/Dislikes: [/b]
[b]Backstory: [/b] (their story)
[b]Reason: [/b] (for answering the call)
[b]Equipment: [/b] (include any weapons they might carry, or other thing.)
[b]Skills: [/b] (What they bring to the table be it hand to hand combat or deduction skills)
[b]Weaknesses: [/b] (For Moriarty it was his arrogance and underestimation of Holmes, all people have weaknesses or flaws that are exploitable list them)
[b]Rp example: [/b] (better choose good ones, as this can make or break your app, atleast three, unless I know you. Which probably applies to most who will app, if you aren’t sure ask.)
[b]other:[/b](extra info)
[b]Theme Song: [/b]
[b]Did you read the rules?: [/b]

[b][u] case app: [/u][/b](by posting one of theses you will take on the brunt of the posting for this event, and portray the character(s) involved. if it 9ins’t a crime, but some curious incident, leave MO blank)
[b]MO: [/b] (how were the victims murdered? Or the crime committed)
[b]Where: [/b] (where do the crimes happen? This doesn’t have to be London, but will be for the most part.)
[b]Curiosities: [/b] (anything overly strange or unique about the crimes?)
[hr][/hr]
Criminal App: (all the below doesn’t have to be specific, and can just be vague reports/descriptions.)
[b]Moniker: [/b]
[b]Appearance: [/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]

PC App
Name: Doctor John H. Watson
Appearance: While of average height he is well built and carries himself like a soldier, even after these years as a doctor. Usually sports a mustache.
Personality: Gentlemanly, though has a bitter cynicism after losing his practice and family.
Likes/Dislikes: TBD
Backstory: Former Military, trained as a surgeon, fought in afghanistan for the Empire. Was married, She died as did their child.
Reason: N/A
Equipment: Old service revolver and a cane.
Skills: His intelligence, his skill with a gun and his doctors skills.
Weaknesses: Drinking and his slow methodical nature.
Rp example: I am the OP, its not needed.
other:(extra info)
Theme Song: TBD
Did you read the rules?: I wrote them

PC App
Name: Ralph Blakley
Appearance: He is tall, towering over most Londoners. Is heavily built but he also possess, a spryness that is deceptive. He has a veritable mane of shaggy black hair that frames his face and reaches his shoulders. His eyes are a deep blue like the ocean. His nose has been broken twice, but it only enhanced his features, giving him a rugged yet handsome look. If he would shave, he could be considered quite attractive. He has scars on his lower back, and others on hs torso ad faded ones on his forearms.
Personality: Pugnacious, though does not pick fights without reason.
Likes/Dislikes:
Dislikes: His former employers, and stupid criminals.
Backstory: He was born to a former aristocrats mistress who was thrown out when it was discovered she was pregnant. He didn’t have a happy early life, being born and living in White-chapel will do that to you. When he was 4 his mother was murdered, while at a brothel, for not paying a debt. The men who did that took him as payment since she was dead. As one could guess he was not treated well, he was like a punching bag to them.

Soon enough however he was able to pay them back. When he was 14-15 he went through a massive growth spurt, instead of being a gangly youth, he turned into a massive hulking and intimidating figure. He started to fight back and killed the man who had killed his mother, Instead of killing him they put him to use as a fighter. Bare-knuckle boxing, and the equivalents were illegal, but still worth it. He was a great fighter and won much for those who kept him, he also was treated slightly better.

It was when he was 17 that he met Holmes, during what would become his final fight. He knows not why Holmes decided to warn him of the intentions of his employers, but he did. His employers had decided that they were going to rig one of his fights and drugged him, to ensure they made massive amounts of money. Ralph was able to win the fight regardless, afterwards his former employers sent many thugs after him, and Ralph was heavily injured. He suffered a massive cut to his back, he was still able to kill or beat the near dozen men they sent after him.

After hearing what happened to their thugs, his employers, were rather fearful about what he would do, but he left them alone. Many of them were apprehended in a raid on their hideout, at a later date. Since then he has been doing jobs that he is good at, mostly acting as muscle. Recently when he saw the ad from Watson he decided to help. He needed the money and it would be good for him to help repay his debt to the missing Holmes through Watson.
Reason: Money and a perceived debt to Holmes.
Equipment: His body, fists and any blunt objects he can get a hold of.
Skills: His Perception (he is perceptive to people who can be a threat to him, he can tell what injuries they have and how they fight, by the way they stand among other things), fighting prowess and criminal contacts. He can also take a much larger beating than most.
Weaknesses: While capable of quick movements, he is not fast over all. He also cant fight that well against more experienced or analytical fighters. On Occasion the injury on his back acts up.
Rp example: I am the OP, its not needed.
Other:While does have a rather gruff voice, he can speak in proper English when he wants to.
Theme Song: Till I collapse
Did you read the rules?: Elementary, my dear Watson.

Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue May 10, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Mon May 09, 2016 10:08 am

You have my attention for this.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 10:23 am

Just to put this out there, but Canon characters (those from the official SH Stories) will either be played by me or Charlia.

Also fun fact, i once played Watson in a Play. (it was one of my funner roles until i died as Julius Caesar.)

do any of those who may answer the call, have questions?

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Meritocratic Conglomerate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 am

Shadowwell wrote:Just to put this out there, but Canon characters (those from the official SH Stories) will either be played by me or Charlia.

Also fun fact, i once played Watson in a Play. (it was one of my funner roles until i died as Julius Caesar.)

>Played as Watson
>Died as Caeser
Wut? What kind of play were you in?
"I have a huge army"
"Why would anyone need a huge army?"
"To secure resources to fund my huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC−5:00)
"I know you don't," Yang cooed, "and that's what makes you so special." Too many friendships torn asunder by emotions, by anger and jealousy. The world should have rejoiced at the mere sight of her beautiful sister, yet life was never that generous. The cruel prospered, the kind went unthanked.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 10:41 am

Meritocratic Conglomerate wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Just to put this out there, but Canon characters (those from the official SH Stories) will either be played by me or Charlia.

>Played as Watson
>Died as Caeser
Wut? What kind of play were you in?

First, you have to know that my drama teacher was a fan of plays that made fun of other notable plays. the play was called the Bald Mousetrap, which was making fun of The Bald Soprano, as well as other plays, (Sherlock was female). The play i died as Caesar in was rinse the blood off my toga. (which poked fun at Julius Caesar by Shakespeare.) I was refenceing two different plays, thus why i said until i died as Caesar.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon May 09, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon May 09, 2016 10:59 am

Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 11:21 am

Ok, While i do have case ideas, the below app is so that people can suggest their own cases. (this is also one of the things that will be done to keep the rp up during my absence later this month.)

[b][u] case app: [/u][/b](by posting one of theses you will take on the brunt of the posting for this event, and portray the character(s) involved, for the most part.)
[b]MO/Incident: [/b] (how were the victims murdered? Or the crime committed)
[b]Where: [/b] (where do the crimes happen? This doesn’t have to be London, but will be for the most part.)
[b]Curiosities: [/b] (anything overly strange or unique about the crimes?)
[b]Moniker: [/b] (What name is the criminal being called)

case app:
MO/Incidents: People have curiously shown strength beyond their stature. No one knows why.
Where: in the English countryside
Curiosities: After exhibiting superior physical feats, the people in question are found dead drained of blood.
Moniker: Many constables are calling these people vampire, due to superstition adn oddities.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon May 09, 2016 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon May 09, 2016 12:27 pm

case app:
MO: Victims are found with an off-white/yellowish to pinkish froth accumulated around the mouth as well as bile. What seems to be frost sores upon undressed skin, and red eyes. Fluid accumulated in the lungs.
Where: Lone residences around Middlesex.
Curiosities: Both the aroma of grass and even clippings found around the scene. Those who wander on scene say that it gets hard and even painful to breath after some time present.
Moniker: The Gardener.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Is anyone else noticing missing posts here, it might just be something with me.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon May 09, 2016 1:44 pm

Well, that's trippy.

Re-tag.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 1:48 pm

Charlia wrote:Well, that's trippy.

Re-tag.

I know, that is why i was kind of freaking out.

Charlia (Retagged)

Vulnier
olag
possibly some other people.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon May 09, 2016 1:51 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Charlia wrote:Well, that's trippy.

Re-tag.

I know, that is why i was kind of freaking out.

Charlia (Retagged)

Vulnier
olag
possibly some other people.

Hola.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Central Fascist Empires
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Fascist Empires » Mon May 09, 2016 3:26 pm

Re-tagging this.
Juche Gang

Juche and Big Dick Bernard

Shitting uncontrollably and white people

The Great Devourer of All
Minister

Founded: Dec 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Great Devourer of All » Mon May 09, 2016 3:28 pm

I'll tag this.
Last edited by the Devourer 9.98 billion years ago

Pro: Jellyfish

Anti: Heretics

Yymea wrote:We would definitely be scared of what is probably the most scary nation on NS :p

Multiversal Venn-Copard wrote:Actually fairly threatening by our standards. And this time we really mean "threatening". As in, "we'll actually need to escalate significantly to match their fleets."

Valkalan wrote:10/10 Profoundly evil. Some nations conqueror others for wealth and prestige, but the Devourer consumes civilization like a cancer consuming an unfortunate host.

The Speaker wrote:Intemperate in the sea from the roof, and leg All night, and he knows lots of reads from the unseen good old man of the mountain-DESTRUCTION

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 7:12 pm

I put a poll up, in case some of you haven't noticed.

Meritocratic Conglomerate
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Meritocratic Conglomerate » Mon May 09, 2016 7:28 pm

Shadowwell wrote:I put a poll up, in case some of you haven't noticed.

Do I need to know much about Sherlock Holmes? I only really know the bare bones from offhand comments and references from other people and media. Basically that Watson was Sherlock's assistant, and that Sherlock had one of the curved pipe things, was smart and made even more apparent by his British accent.

But I do like mystery and horror.
"I have a huge army"
"Why would anyone need a huge army?"
"To secure resources to fund my huge army"
~ Blank~
~Blank~
Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (UTC−5:00)
"I know you don't," Yang cooed, "and that's what makes you so special." Too many friendships torn asunder by emotions, by anger and jealousy. The world should have rejoiced at the mere sight of her beautiful sister, yet life was never that generous. The cruel prospered, the kind went unthanked.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 7:30 pm

Meritocratic Conglomerate wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:I put a poll up, in case some of you haven't noticed.

Do I need to know much about Sherlock Holmes? I only really know the bare bones from offhand comments and references from other people and media. Basically that Watson was Sherlock's assistant, and that Sherlock had one of the curved pipe things, was smart and made even more apparent by his British accent.

But I do like mystery and horror.

Not exactly
While i will refer to canon characters in the IC, when they first appear I will link to a page about them. Bare bones is really all that is needed, to participate in this.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Mon May 09, 2016 7:47 pm

So I know the books take place during the latter 15 years of the 1800s, but is there a specific year?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon May 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Anowa wrote:So I know the books take place during the latter 15 years of the 1800s, but is there a specific year?

No Specific year, but it is closer to 1900 than anything else.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Mon May 09, 2016 8:11 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Anowa wrote:So I know the books take place during the latter 15 years of the 1800s, but is there a specific year?

If this is after The Final Problem but before The Empty House, then it should be somewhere between 1891-1894.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue May 10, 2016 4:17 am

Eh, sure, why not.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 7:14 am

House of Judah wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

If this is after The Final Problem but before The Empty House, then it should be somewhere between 1891-1894.

Yeah, but i prefer to keep the year a bit ambiguous.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Tue May 10, 2016 8:05 am

Shadowwell wrote:
House of Judah wrote:If this is after The Final Problem but before The Empty House, then it should be somewhere between 1891-1894.

Yeah, but i prefer to keep the year a bit ambiguous.

A three year window is still rather ambiguous.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 8:09 am

House of Judah wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Yeah, but i prefer to keep the year a bit ambiguous.

A three year window is still rather ambiguous.

the actual year if i had to put it up would be mid 1893, but I will not actually be naming a year, so that both I and you the Rp'ers aren't constrained too much by timelines and incidents.

Also I added another Example app, it will be my one true character that isn't an Npc, besides Watson.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue May 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Bam!!!, Decided to get this out Early.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse