NATION

PASSWORD

Adopt a Blobfish!

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Adopt a Blobfish!

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:45 am

The government is currently plastering advertisements everywhere in order to encourage the citizens of Unpredictable Galaxy to adopt a Blobfish. The advertising has gone so far that a handful of citizens have even tattooed the adverts onto their backs and walked around shirtless. Dictator Vegemite LV commented on this after being given an older Blobfish.

"Can you not see the cuteness in this jiggly bastard?" He shouted as he held up the animal.

"This is glorious! Nothing could ever influence me to give it away- ow! The jiggly bastard just bit me! Is that how you want to play this, eh, you rejected Pokemon?" Dictator Vegemite LV's face grew red as he pulled out a pistol and aimed it at the creature.

"Sir, please wait!" Owner of the Blobfish Adoption Center Angela Wicker ran up and pulled the gun away from him. "The creature has had a hard life with its previous owner and is simply not trained well; it's not its fault!"

Dictator Vegemite LV put the gun away and stared directly into the eyes of the Blobfish. "Listen here, you expired jello, I don't like you and you don't like me, but we gotta live with each other for the sake of our citizens. I'm going to give you a makeover and make you my left hand man. My right hand is currently occupied holding you, so it only makes sense." It was at this time Dictator Vegemite LV took off from the stage with the old Blobfish and ran into the nearest barber shop.

When he left the building, he raised the Blobfish into the air above his head and began talking. "Behold! The new and improved Blobfish!

You can clearly tell now that it is of most importance to adopt these sophisticated creatures in order to improve the quality of our citizens tenfold!" Cheers arose from a few people on the streets passing by, which made Dictator Vegemite LV choke up emotionally. "Thank you, thank you. Now if you excuse me, I need to bring this cheese curd with eyes back into my house in order to make it dictator of Blobfishes!" He said as he walked down the street towards the capital building.

---

Note: This is already in the nation's factbook; this is merely a public statement for it. Hope you enjoyed!
Want to know just what is going on with our nation? Check out our delightful FactBook!

Proud Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton supporter.

REPEAL THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:50 pm

Can anyone who wants to come along and adopt a blobfish, or is this just for your citizens? Because Olweans think blobfish are awesome.
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

British West Zuzunia
Attaché

Founded: May 18, 2006
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby British West Zuzunia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:09 pm

How do these fishes taste?

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:26 am

Olwe wrote:Can anyone who wants to come along and adopt a blobfish, or is this just for your citizens? Because Olweans think blobfish are awesome.

"Oho, we have troves and troves of them! How would you like them to be transported? Air cannon? Catapault? A Blobfish sled? They are open for all countries!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

British West Zuzunia wrote:How do these fishes taste?

"I... I don't know. One moment.

Good God! It might as well be the epitome of EXPIRED JELLO! Get rid of this horrific excuse for a gelatinous substance immediately!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

"Do not be too hasty here, sir. Remember that we are giving them away almost for free." -Angela Wicker

"FREE?! What the actual hell, I was expecting at least real jello in return. That's it. WE GO TO WAR WITH THE BLOBFISH! WHERE'S MY NAVY?!" -Dictator Vegemite LV
Want to know just what is going on with our nation? Check out our delightful FactBook!

Purpelia
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 19, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:54 am

What kind of behavior can one expect from these... things? Are they ill natured? Friendly? How well do they react to being poked, prodded and ... people trying to have sex with them? Focus on #3 mostly.

Also, do they contain any teeth, claws, toxins or any other way of fighting back against human abuse?

Also, how fast do they breed? And what are their primary biological requirements (food, are they cold blooded etc.)
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:10 am

Purpelia wrote:What kind of behavior can one expect from these... things? Are they ill natured? Friendly? How well do they react to being poked, prodded and ... people trying to have sex with them? Focus on #3 mostly.

Also, do they contain any teeth, claws, toxins or any other way of fighting back against human abuse?

Also, how fast do they breed? And what are their primary biological requirements (food, are they cold blooded etc.)

"Oh they just LOVE to be prodded and poked! Isn't that right, Dictator Jiggly I? Yes you do- OW! You... you bit me... why? I mean, you don't even have teeth, and I may or may not have shoved my hand into your mouth to act like you bit me, but we're going to disregard that. They are quite friendly and actually are kind of lazy, which makes them perfect to bathe with... not that I've ever done that. No, nobody has sex with them; even I am not THAT ridiculous.

They do not have way of fighting back against human abuse; why do you ask? Were you planning on neglecting them? HUH?! YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS OUTSIDE!? YOU HAVEN'T SEEN MY WRATH YET!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

"Sir, calm down, please. He's simply asking questions so that the citizens of their country would not be harmed by our national animal." -Leading Constituent of Animal Resources

"Right, right... where was I? Breeding? Oh, well, I mean I saw my Blobfish slide onto a half eaten corn dog I had lying around; does that count? Wait, these things have babies? Hahah, I bet their eggs look like jello cubes... thousands of them..." -Dictator Vegemite LV

"What the dictator is trying to say is they are peaceful creatures with a blatantly lazy attitude. They eat mollusks and urchins on the sea floor and can sometimes literally wait for the food to come to them. I assume they don't appreciate being harassed blatantly, but they don't have any mechanisms to harm humans like you've asked. They are saltwater creatures that lay hundreds or thousands of eggs and the females stay with them. They require to be constantly in water, otherwise they will dry out and die. They certainly are delightful creatures that fit into our nation perfectly, honestly." -Leading Constituent of Animal Resources

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:21 am

Hundreds of thousands of eggs... That sounds like it could be a problem if one or more breeding couples got out into the wild and started tribbling on the ecosystem. But at least they don't have the tools to fight back which should make them easy picking for hunters and the odd predatory dodo.
Purpelia does not reflect my actual world views. In fact, the vast majority of Purpelian cannon is meant to shock and thus deliberately insane. I just like playing with the idea of a country of madmen utterly convinced that everyone else are the barbarians. So play along or not but don't ever think it's for real.

The above post contains hyperbole, metaphoric language, embellishment and exaggeration. It may also include badly translated figures of speech and misused idioms. Analyze accordingly.

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:42 am

Purpelia wrote:Hundreds of thousands of eggs... That sounds like it could be a problem if one or more breeding couples got out into the wild and started tribbling on the ecosystem. But at least they don't have the tools to fight back which should make them easy picking for hunters and the odd predatory dodo.

"Wha- how could you- HOW DARE YOU!! Forget the Blobfish war, I'm declaring war on YOU!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

"Sir, please quit threatening other countries, we know how infamous someone like- I can't even utter the name. Just let me do the talking for a moment. As far as eggs are concerned, I mean hundreds or thousands, not of thousands, so there is no need to worry about extreme overpopulation. As far as hunting, if your animals are capable of deep water hunting, then it should be okay in controlling the population. If you would like to fill out a Telegram for the adoption of Blobfish, please do so and we can work it out." -Leading Constituent of Animal Resources

Purpelia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Purpelia » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:46 am

If they are capable? I'll have you know that the predatory Purpelian dodo bird is capable of hunting in any environment and for any pray. The things have been known to take down stuff as large as small deer. If the bloody things ever figure out how to hunt in packs gods help us.

Olwe
Senator

Founded: Jan 22, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Olwe » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:43 pm

Unpredictable Galaxy wrote:"Oho, we have troves and troves of them! How would you like them to be transported? Air cannon? Catapault? A Blobfish sled? They are open for all countries!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

We can teleport them in. We just didn't want to do it without your permission. - Minister Of Nature Freyalise Gunnarson
Founded: 2480
Current year: 5001
Magic: Non-negotiable
Ponies: Yes, occasionally
Tech levels incompatible? Then kick me out of the thread, because if you RP with me you accept my tech.
Note: Before 2480, Olwe was called Athan. If you see this word in a thread, it's because you mentioned a year incompatible with Olwe in that thread but still made it open to all techs and therefore are allowing Athan's magic.
RP population: 21 billion
Embassy program: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=203258

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:46 pm

I'll take them all- Emperor Shan

( activate the incinerator )
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Rodrania
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rodrania » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:55 pm

Can these "Blobfishes" be used as weapons of mass-destruction against the western pig-dog menace?
Pronouns are he/him if you care, tho I myself don't.
I'm a Communist of the Marxist variety without specific labels, I am not a hardliner towards any specific ideology of Communism beyond having influences from several sources and I am in no way an advanced Marxist/Leninist/Luxemburgist/etc intellectual.

Always open to discuss privately with people aligning towards the Far-Right respectfully if they are to respect me back.

The Imperium Empires
Minister

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Imperium Empires » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Can they be turned into suicide bombs
We are not an apolcypse themed nation anymore read my factbook. I barley follow nation states stats. We are an Empire that gives civil rights and there no problem with that. We are advanced and would like anyone who wants to be friends to telegram us.

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:16 am

The Imperium Empires wrote:Can they be turned into suicide bombs

"We're... okay not doing business. Psst, Animal Resources guy, is this who-can't-be-named?" -Dictator Vegemite LV

"Yes, however don't say it so loudly, he might hear us..." -Leading Constituent of Animal Resources

Olwe wrote:We can teleport them in. We just didn't want to do it without your permission. - Minister Of Nature Freyalise Gunnarson

"Then by all means, whisk them away! Just sign here, here, here, and here, tattoo my name under your ear, and I'll need a sample of your hair for recreational purposes." -Dictator Vegemite LV

Rodrania wrote:Can these "Blobfishes" be used as weapons of mass-destruction against the western pig-dog menace?

"Ahahahahah! How amusing. Yes, they can! We shoot them out of air cannons all the time and I've personally sent two people to the hospital for Blobfish related impacts. It's a common tradition in our society, and the air cannons and impact don't hurt them one bit. Sure, I may have taped a switchblade to one and it may have stabbed a guy in the arm, but that's just the price of entertainment." -Dictator Vegemite LV
Last edited by Unpredictable Galaxy on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:38 am

We're adding Blobfish to our list of potential names for Fish-class submarines. And if your blobfishes can act, they can probably find careers in Fatatatutti's film industry.

Eclius
Senator

Founded: Oct 24, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Eclius » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:19 am

Another really random post...... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:
We do NOT use NS stats since it's not the most accurate reflection
Eclisian Herald News Network
||Local man sent to hospital after eating a pack of 14 years old Kraft mac'n cheese||Schools to resume operation in coming weeks||All domestic flights resumed||10% off vacation to Democratic East Asia today, book yours today!||

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:41 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:We're adding Blobfish to our list of potential names for Fish-class submarines. And if your blobfishes can act, they can probably find careers in Fatatatutti's film industry.

"Wonderful! I am glad that these cute gelatin-based creatures could charm you into its way of your country. And as far as acting, they can fit many roles. There are the two that are provided originally, and then here's a few more:

A religious figure like Jesus.

A pimp/rapper/rich jerk.

An aged father.

Or even a human that is equally made of expired jello (I mean, just look at that skin!).

So when can I get paid?"-Dictator Vegemite LV
Last edited by Unpredictable Galaxy on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:43 am

"Clearly the Blobfish has become quite a step forward in changing country's and their environmental diversity. Who wants a lazy pile of dough to be in their oceans next?!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:47 pm

News Bulletin: Rumour has it that a blobfish has been signed to play the villain in the next installment of the Mr. Quackers movie franchise.

United Territories and States
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby United Territories and States » Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Well they certainly live up to the name of "Unpredictable Galaxy".
Please be nice and refer this country as "America", or "United States" when in IC.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 am

{OOC: This is one of the best FNI thread's I've ever seen. I demand this be added to the Archive Thread.}

IC:
Code: Select all
!
General Long II, currently in command of TurtleShroom by a military coup d'etat, would like to adopt a blobfish for the second, empty, smaller saltwater aquarium in the Chancellary Palace that he has currently occupied. He has the means to import a pressurizer for the blobfish to ensure its survival.'

Since you are practically giving them away, we hope that we can take one of your hands without charge, but we are willing to pay up to four thousand Skillets ($1000 USD) for its importation.

We expect to receive the blobfish intact, pressurized, and alive.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:44 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:{OOC: This is one of the best FNI thread's I've ever seen. I demand this be added to the Archive Thread.}

IC:
Code: Select all
!
General Long II, currently in command of TurtleShroom by a military coup d'etat, would like to adopt a blobfish for the second, empty, smaller saltwater aquarium in the Chancellary Palace that he has currently occupied. He has the means to import a pressurizer for the blobfish to ensure its survival.'

Since you are practically giving them away, we hope that we can take one of your hands without charge, but we are willing to pay up to four thousand Skillets ($1000 USD) for its importation.

We expect to receive the blobfish intact, pressurized, and alive.

(I have no idea what the Archive Thread is nor its purpose ((other than archiving)) but I take it as a compliment, thank you!)

"Pressurized? These guys basically LIVE in pressure, being so deep in the ocean, which is damn hard to do in my own bath tub! That's how they got so gelatinous in the first place! Yes, here you go, all for free! Be sure to water them 24 hours a day OR THEY DIE and feed it plenty of urchins. They are very lovable creatures, aren't you Dictator Jiggly I? You've only oppressed half your species so far!" -Dictator Vegemite LV
Last edited by Unpredictable Galaxy on Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:49 pm

The Thane of Danceria would picked up the gelationous and top-hatted blob of...something, uncertain how he feels about it. "What...do these fishes...do?" he uncomfortably listens to it squeak(?) cutely.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Unpredictable Galaxy
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Unpredictable Galaxy » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Danceria wrote:The Thane of Danceria would picked up the gelationous and top-hatted blob of...something, uncertain how he feels about it. "What...do these fishes...do?" he uncomfortably listens to it squeak(?) cutely.

"They're lazy. We have hundreds kind of just laying in the street, unmoving and occasionally consume any barnacles that may spawn near the coastlines. I personally feed Dictator Jiggly I by throwing him into the ocean and let him float around for a few days to eat. If you want a pet that reminds you of that one time you got food poisoning, here's your fish!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:22 pm

Unpredictable Galaxy wrote:
Danceria wrote:The Thane of Danceria would picked up the gelationous and top-hatted blob of...something, uncertain how he feels about it. "What...do these fishes...do?" he uncomfortably listens to it squeak(?) cutely.

"They're lazy. We have hundreds kind of just laying in the street, unmoving and occasionally consume any barnacles that may spawn near the coastlines. I personally feed Dictator Jiggly I by throwing him into the ocean and let him float around for a few days to eat. If you want a pet that reminds you of that one time you got food poisoning, here's your fish!" -Dictator Vegemite LV

The young Thane looked at the fish with lazy leaf green eyes "Maybe some ships could use 'em. Or the people monitoring the Medditeranis Nova Bridges..."
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information