NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:32 pm

The Praetorian Empire wrote:
Dijen wrote:I will be making a Lord of the Realm, So we would only need one more. If nobody wants to create a Lord of the Realm, My Co-ops or I can make one as a second main character.

What realms don't yet have a lord?

The sinking realms and The Endless Forest
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:32 pm

Dijen wrote:
Albertae wrote:How about if you make a lord of the realm we will accept this one aswell.

I will be making a Lord of the Realm, So we would only need one more. If nobody wants to create a Lord of the Realm, My Co-ops or I can make one as a second main character.

No I think that is good. If you make one, then we have all five.

The Praetorian Empire wrote:I really wasn't looking to have two characters to start off with, but I suppose I can make a pretty ineffectual lord. Give me a sec.

He can be sorta like Mace Tyrell, an ineffectual, bumbling lord. He can die early on, if you want.

Dijen wrote:I will be making a Lord of the Realm, So we would only need one more. If nobody wants to create a Lord of the Realm, My Co-ops or I can make one as a second main character.

What realms don't yet have a lord?

The Noble Expanse and Tikkemund I think.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Dijen wrote:
Cresadine wrote:
Dijen, Albertae and I both said that we need more Lords of the Realm and less minor characters. See our posts above about his acceptance.

I saw those posts, and I think that we don't need fewer minor characters, we just need one more Lord of the Realm.

I agree I just think we need to get lord of the realms secured away first then minor characters. That's why they are minor characters. also, did you get in more farmland in Iglothra?
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:33 pm

Cresadine wrote:

No I think that is good. If you make one, then we have all five.

The Praetorian Empire wrote:I really wasn't looking to have two characters to start off with, but I suppose I can make a pretty ineffectual lord. Give me a sec.

He can be sorta like Mace Tyrell, an ineffectual, bumbling lord. He can die early on, if you want.

The Praetorian Empire wrote:What realms don't yet have a lord?

The Noble Expanse and Tikkemund I think.

The Sinking Realms and Endless Forest.
My Political Compass:

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Albertae wrote:
The Praetorian Empire wrote:What realms don't yet have a lord?

The sinking realms and The Endless Forest

Lovely, i'm into the Sinking Realms more than anything just now, so i'll take that.
Formerly Khanastan; the Praetorian Empire is set in the same geographical region, only around 200 years earlier.

The Praetorian Empire is a PreT nation set in a world going through an age similar to the Victorian Era - a world of Great Powers, Imperialism, Political Revolution and Technological Advancement where the capitalist machine is beginning to stir into action and when nations were at their largest and grandest. If anyone wants to roleplay a time in that era, feel free to TG me.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Albertae wrote:
Dijen wrote:I saw those posts, and I think that we don't need fewer minor characters, we just need one more Lord of the Realm.

I agree I just think we need to get lord of the realms secured away first then minor characters. That's why they are minor characters. also, did you get in more farmland in Iglothra?

Not yet. While I do that, could you make a list of all the accepted apps that I haven't listed yet?

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:34 pm

Albertae wrote:The sinking realms and The Endless Forest

Lovely, i'm into the Sinking Realms more than anything just now, so i'll take that.

Ok cool.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:35 pm

Dijen wrote:
Albertae wrote:

Not yet. While I do that, could you make a list of all the accepted apps that I haven't listed yet?

Can do.
My Political Compass:

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:38 pm

Dijen wrote:
Albertae wrote:How about if you make a lord of the realm we will accept this one aswell.

I will be making a Lord of the Realm, So we would only need one more. If nobody wants to create a Lord of the Realm, My Co-ops or I can make one as a second main character.

Quick question: Am I a Co-OP?
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:40 pm

Amuaplye wrote:

Quick question: Am I a Co-OP?

No. Albertae and I are.
Last edited by Cresadine on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:42 pm

Nobles: Tyrus Willun Lord of the Twin Reach, Valkiria Bergussøn
Non-Nobles: Charles Goodford, Ulm(Magpie), Jackary Masson,
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:43 pm

Umm, whenever I make a second character that can add to my power it usually gets overpowered to the point where it's no fun for me, so I really don't trust myself with making a second lord of the realm char.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:45 pm

Albertae wrote:Umm, whenever I make a second character that can add to my power it usually gets overpowered to the point where it's no fun for me, so I really don't trust myself with making a second lord of the realm char.

You don't have to. Dijen is making one and so is Praetorian. And as a general RP role you usually don't stack your characters together to make them more powerful. You put aside yourself and use them as to separate people, who don't necessarily agree on everything.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:48 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:Umm, whenever I make a second character that can add to my power it usually gets overpowered to the point where it's no fun for me, so I really don't trust myself with making a second lord of the realm char.

You don't have to. Dijen is making one and so is Praetorian. And as a general RP role you usually don't stack your characters together to make them more powerful. You put aside yourself and use them as to separate people, who don't necessarily agree on everything.

I know I usually try to do that but my mind always ends up making it so that they work together or somehow benefit each other. And I will not ruin the roleplay when we have made it this far.
My Political Compass:

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:51 pm

(The Lord of the Realms will be given on a first come, first serve basis. If you aren't a Lord of the Realm, you will be one of his vassals.)
Name: Davith of Grond
Realm: Tikkemund
Family: Heirless. Wifeless. (Don't worry, I have plans for a successor.)
Family Crest: A white shield with a green rim. In the middle there is a green lillypad.
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Loyal, on the principle that he doesn't really understand what all the trouble is.
Height: 6'1''
Appearance: A great big man, in both height and birth. Long, dirty blonde drapes down from the sides of his balding head, similar in length to his beard. Pale blue eyes lie deep set into his head, crowned by gargantuan bushy eyebrows.
Personality: Davith was always a jolly man. He is known for charity, his hearty laugh, his frequent feasts, and most of all his utter obliviousness to his surroundings. His vassals run circles around him, getting away with just about anything.

With the death of Davith's wife Lilith, his jolliness has gone. He rarely leaves his throne, and spends his days staring between his feet and the empty throne to his right where she once sat.
Biography: Davith comes from a long line of Gronds, but he is easily the most ineffectual of them all. He inherited the throne when his father died while fighting, and since then he has served under 3 kings, almost all of whom have just left him be. He has no ambition. He lives to please, or he did. Now he doesn't live for much. Crime and corruption are rampant in his court and his realm, while he does nothing. Judging by his laboured breathing, soon his throne will be empty too. Everyone in his court is preparing for a vacuum of power that they all want to profit from.
Weapon of choice: The most dangerous thing he;s ever held was a carving knife.
Strengths: He's very good at sad faces.
Weaknesses: Ineffective, arbitrary, depressed, on his last legs.
Notes: He won't last very long, but don't worry, I have an idea for a successor who is very, very different from Davith here. I hope this flies until I can type up a good app for him.
Formerly Khanastan; the Praetorian Empire is set in the same geographical region, only around 200 years earlier.

The Praetorian Empire is a PreT nation set in a world going through an age similar to the Victorian Era - a world of Great Powers, Imperialism, Political Revolution and Technological Advancement where the capitalist machine is beginning to stir into action and when nations were at their largest and grandest. If anyone wants to roleplay a time in that era, feel free to TG me.

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:53 pm

The Praetorian Empire wrote:(The Lord of the Realms will be given on a first come, first serve basis. If you aren't a Lord of the Realm, you will be one of his vassals.)
Family Crest: A white shield with a green rim. In the middle there is a green lillypad.
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Loyal, on the principle that he doesn't really understand what all the trouble is.
Appearance: A great big man, in both height and birth. Long, dirty blonde drapes down from the sides of his balding head, similar in length to his beard. Pale blue eyes lie deep set into his head, crowned by gargantuan bushy eyebrows.
Personality: Davith was always a jolly man. He is known for charity, his hearty laugh, his frequent feasts, and most of all his utter obliviousness to his surroundings. His vassals run circles around him, getting away with just about anything.

With the death of Davith's wife Lilith, his jolliness has gone. He rarely leaves his throne, and spends his days staring between his feet and the empty throne to his right where she once sat.
Biography: Davith comes from a long line of Gronds, but he is easily the most ineffectual of them all. He inherited the throne when his father died while fighting, and since then he has served under 3 kings, almost all of whom have just left him be. He has no ambition. He lives to please, or he did. Now he doesn't live for much. Crime and corruption are rampant in his court and his realm, while he does nothing. Judging by his laboured breathing, soon his throne will be empty too. Everyone in his court is preparing for a vacuum of power that they all want to profit from.
Notes: He won't last very long, but don't worry, I have an idea for a successor who is very, very different from Davith here. I hope this flies until I can type up a good app for him.

Accepted. Wonderful!

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:56 pm

So, can we post in the IC yet? I'm just about to nod off to sleep, but i'll stay up to establish my characters.
Last edited by The Praetorian Empire on Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:57 pm

The Praetorian Empire wrote:(The Lord of the Realms will be given on a first come, first serve basis. If you aren't a Lord of the Realm, you will be one of his vassals.)

All I can say is, Yassssss.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:01 pm

What's the IC topic url?
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Albertae wrote:What's the IC topic url?

It's at the bottom of the OP.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:02 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:03 pm

Cresadine wrote:
Albertae wrote:What's the IC topic url?

It's at the bottom of the OP.

though those two links should really be at the top but what ever

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:09 pm

God, took me awhile longer than I wanted, but I finally got done with my mercenary character.

Name: Zaahir Ahsan
Realm of residence: Zaahir comes from a land to the east, called Al-Arissha. He and the mercenary's he leads have traveled to Lavell to try and capitalize on the turbulent political nature of the kingdom. He enters Lavell from the southeast.
Height: 6 foot 1
Appearance: Image
In Armor:

Personality: Zaahir is a pleasant person, though always willing to get into a fight. Though he is a talented military leader, in his personal life his is erratic and probably a bit crazy. He tends to go off on random rants for no reason.
Biography: Zaahir Ahsan was the only child born to a farmer in a small village a few miles outside one of the major cities in his homeland, Al-Arissha. His mother died when he was very young, and he spent much of his young life working in the fields along the Sabadad River, the most fertile place in his nation. He was known for being rather unfocussed though, and would frequently wander off or start talking to himself, instead of doing his work. When he was 15, a man killed his father. Zaahir took revenge by tracking the murderer into the city, and splitting the mans skull with his own sword as he slept. Zaahir stole the mans gold and sword, before running to the streets. He fell in with a gang, and made a life for himself robbing people and killing those in his way. Many would point out to him the disturbing hypocrisy in his being a robber, after getting his start taking revenge on a robber, but Zaahir just found it funny. When he was 20 years old, he attempted to rob a man outside of the local city walls. The man drew a sword, and defeated Zaahir in single combat, but spared his life, as long as Zaahir came with him and joined a famous organization, known as the Order Of The Open Hand. The Open Hand was a group of sellswords, who in times of peace would wander, doing odd jobs as they saw fit, but who in times of war would return to Al-Arissha as the kings royal guard. Zaahir joined with them, and fought in 3 military campaigns, and for countless lowly lords from foreign lands who hired him, and the other men who had begun to follow him. As word of the political unrest in Lavell spreads, Zaahir and his men chose to travel to the kingdom to try and make a profit.
Weapon of choice: A scimitar, and a circular, bronze shield.

Strengths: Zaahir is an energetic, and charismatic leader. He is an excellent swordsman, and rider as well.
Weaknesses: Though he is a popular leader with his men, he is also a bit insane. He is prone to flights of fancy, and rambling on about things that dont have any immediate importance to the situation at hand.
Notes:

Soutona
Envoy

Founded: May 23, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Soutona » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:31 pm

Wow so a lot happened while I was asleep. (I work nights)

But I'm digging everything that's happened so far, especially the religion update.

Also United, The Red Lances are always looking for more recruits and there are already foreign troops among the ranks so it wouldn't be too much of an issue.
“You begin saving the world by saving one person at a time; all else is grandiose romanticism or politics.” -Charles Bukowski

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Soutona wrote:Wow so a lot happened while I was asleep. (I work nights)

But I'm digging everything that's happened so far, especially the religion update.

Also United, The Red Lances are always looking for more recruits and there are already foreign troops among the ranks so it wouldn't be too much of an issue.

Alright man, sounds great. Im just waiting to be accepted, then ill take a look at that, see what can be worked out.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse