NATION

PASSWORD

Lavell, a Fantasy Medieval Kingdom (OOC) (Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Albertae
Senator

Founded: Oct 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:12 pm

Just changed my characters age to 30 and everything pertaining to it. I just thought perhaps my character would need a little more years of experience on his hands.
My Political Compass:
Economic Left/Right: 2.63
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 3.33
Pro: Trump
Anti: Hillary

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Luft
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luft » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Amuaplye wrote:Name: Lord of the Realm Æþor Bergussøn
Realm: Obbinium
Family: He is a widower, and has 3 sons, named Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor. They have sons too, Ælþred has 3, Haþgrímur, Hlíðberg, and Gunnóli. He also has a brother, named Ingmar.
Family Crest: (Image)
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: No, because he's a tyrant in his opinion.
Height: 6'7"
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Very ruthless. (Basically has the personality of Iago from Othello.)
Biography: He was born in a nearby kingdom, but, due to war, he had to leave when he was 6. As he got older, he went back, and went into the military, and faught in a Wars of the Roses-esque war. He used his military skills as he turned into a assassin to the King's father, and still works as one. The King was impressed with his fighting skills, and made him a Lord of the Realm
Weapon of choice: Sword.
Strengths: Power, especially military.
Weaknesses: Attempted assassinations. He has been the victim of assassination attempts multiple times, mostly with the assassin dead before they can carry out the plot.
Notes: He lives in a town named Þadion. (That's not a P.)

Could I create a character to be your character's daughter? She'd be rebellious, critical that his ruthless ways are just as tyrannical as the king's. Whether she is supportive of her father or if she tries to covertly oppose him, would depend on the actions of your character and how she comes to view them. You're the lord, so whether you'd want her to hold any positions of power or not is up to you.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Albertae wrote:You know what I'm going to do something. Do you guys think I should create a bodyguard for my son who will travel with him? I'm thinking my son is going to become a warrior but in the meantime while the kingdom is in a moment of despair my son could be building allies?

Well if they are against the king I'm sure the Division would love to become your allies

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:27 pm

Luft wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Name: Lord of the Realm Æþor Bergussøn
Realm: Obbinium
Family: He is a widower, and has 3 sons, named Ælþred, Þeodor, and Edgor. They have sons too, Ælþred has 3, Haþgrímur, Hlíðberg, and Gunnóli. He also has a brother, named Ingmar.
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: No, because he's a tyrant in his opinion.
Height: 6'7"
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Very ruthless. (Basically has the personality of Iago from Othello.)
Biography: He was born in a nearby kingdom, but, due to war, he had to leave when he was 6. As he got older, he went back, and went into the military, and faught in a Wars of the Roses-esque war. He used his military skills as he turned into a assassin to the King's father, and still works as one. The King was impressed with his fighting skills, and made him a Lord of the Realm
Weapon of choice: Sword.
Strengths: Power, especially military.
Weaknesses: Attempted assassinations. He has been the victim of assassination attempts multiple times, mostly with the assassin dead before they can carry out the plot.
Notes: He lives in a town named Þadion. (That's not a P.)

Could I create a character to be your character's daughter? She'd be rebellious, critical that his ruthless ways are just as tyrannical as the king's. Whether she is supportive of her father or if she tries to covertly oppose him, would depend on the actions of your character and how she comes to view them. You're the lord, so whether you'd want her to hold any positions of power or not is up to you.

Sure, maybe you can be his illegitimate daughter, and scheme to kill my char, just like Edmund in King Lear.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:33 pm

And again haha the division is always looking for people to help remove the king and his supporters

Luft
Spokesperson

Founded: May 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Luft » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:35 pm

Amuaplye wrote:
Luft wrote:

Sure, maybe you can be his illegitimate daughter, and scheme to kill my char, just like Edmund in King Lear.

She'd definitely be legitimate, so as to be royalty, and she'd start out generally supportive of her father...but scheming to remove your character from power may end up happening. Would you like her to travel alongside your character? I'm guessing the major keeps would be ruled by her brothers.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:39 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:And again haha the division is always looking for people to help remove the king and his supporters

Don't worry my character will supply the civil war with food. Since, my region basically produced 95% of food production.
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -General George S. Patton
GENERATION 9: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Amuaplye
Minister

Founded: Dec 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Amuaplye » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:40 pm

Luft wrote:
Amuaplye wrote:Sure, maybe you can be his illegitimate daughter, and scheme to kill my char, just like Edmund in King Lear.

She'd definitely be legitimate, so as to be royalty, and she'd start out generally supportive of her father...but scheming to remove your character from power may end up happening. Would you like her to travel alongside your character? I'm guessing the major keeps would be ruled by her brothers.

Sure, just make the app, and I'll add her on mine.
I'm a dude.
Also, call me Amuaplye, not Amuapyle, or Amu.

Electrum on Discord wrote:Please do not ping me a list of body parts.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Albertae wrote:You know what I'm going to do something. Do you guys think I should create a bodyguard for my son who will travel with him? I'm thinking my son is going to become a warrior but in the meantime while the kingdom is in a moment of despair my son could be building allies?

You should have someone guarding your son. Also, I'd like to make you and Cresadine my assistants, people who can answer questions, approve applications, and monitor the forum threads while I am not here, because you are both knowledgeable about this sort of RP, and I will need some help with this.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:42 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:

Well if they are against the king I'm sure the Division would love to become your allies

And yes my character and his family hate King Elyas the Kinslayer. If you read my biography you'd know that the King took Frederick in as his squire and gave him a chance to go from poor farm boy to powerful knight. And when his son usurp the throne and killed the King so dear to Frederick it fueled his hatred secretly.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:43 pm

Dijen wrote:

You should have someone guarding your son. Also, I'd like to make you and Cresadine my assistants, people who can answer questions, approve applications, and monitor the forum threads while I am not here, because you are both knowledgeable about this sort of RP, and I will need some help with this.

Ok cool, can do.
My Political Compass:

Cresadine
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresadine » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:44 pm

So Dijen, will you be adding my list of religions to the OP?

Dijen wrote:

I'd love to. I'm good at explaining things, and working on lore. Also the NS term for an Assistant is Co-OP. One more thing, I am currently drafting a history of Lavelle in a format so that it looks like it was written as a Chronicle by my character.
He forbead þa heortas swylce eac þa baras, swa swiðe he lufode þa headeor swilce he wære heora fæder

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:45 pm

Albertae wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:And again haha the division is always looking for people to help remove the king and his supporters

Don't worry my character will supply the civil war with food. Since, my region basically produced 95% of food production.

Well the Division won't have an army at the start it will eventually haha so my question is do you want to be already in the Division or join it later in the RP?
Last edited by Anglo Saxon-Franko on Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dijen (Ancient)
Envoy

Founded: Jan 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dijen (Ancient) » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:46 pm

Cresadine wrote:So Dijen, will you be adding my list of religions to the OP?

Dijen wrote:You should have someone guarding your son. Also, I'd like to make you and Cresadine my assistants, people who can answer questions, approve applications, and monitor the forum threads while I am not here, because you are both knowledgeable about this sort of RP, and I will need some help with this.

I'd love to. I'm good at explaining things, and working on lore. Also the NS term for an Assistant is Co-OP. One more thing, I am currently drafting a history of Lavelle in a format so that it looks like it was written as a Chronicle by my character.

I will get to that soon, right now I need to finish the map and eat dinner.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:55 pm

Whoever wanted to make the mercenary character, currently I'm making a bodyguard for my son who use to be a mercenary and I'd like him to somehow have met your mercenary character because, one of his weaknesses is that he has made many enemies and this could make for an interesting roleplay. Other than that afk.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 25, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:58 pm

Name: Tyrus Willun
Realm: Twin Reach
Family: Wife: Marey Willun
First Son: Jethry Willun
Second Son: Bryn Willun
First and Only Daughter: Ellin Willun

Family Crest: Image
Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Not loyal. Tyrus was good friends with the original king, and vowed revenge against Elyas when he usurped the throne.
Height: 5 foot 9
Appearance:Image
Personality: Grating and angry, Lord Tyrus Willun is not very popular among the other nobles of the kingdom. However, his straightforward personality has made him popular with his subjects, who have come to greatly appreciate his honesty. His anger only truly extends to the other nobles though, his nature towards his family is warm and kind. He is known to rarely raise his voice with them, or show any true anger or malice.

Biography: Tyrus was born into a minor noble family, with little chance to move anywhere beyond where he was. From a young age, he was noted to be angry and aggressive, which was a constant issue for his parents as they tried to move their family into new positions in life by making alliances with more powerful family's. When he was 17, he inherited his entire family's entire holdings, when his father and mother died in a storm at sea. He changed his family's way of surviving, from instead asking and flattering for things, he began to threaten and take. This made him popular with his soldiers, and by the time he was 22, he had managed to raise a large army. His new found power was both his greatest strength and weakness. It made him powerful, and able to take without having to deal with the unpleasantness of courts and noble pursuits, but at the same time made him to comfortable with starting fights. When he was 23, he married his wife, Marey, who came from a small house. She was the only one willing to take his hand in marriage, most other women afraid of his aggressive nature. She soon found out however that when family was concerned, Tyrus was a very different person. Kind and loving, she soon found that there was no one else who she would rather have married. They had two sons, two years apart, before having a daughter.

Tyrus soon found a friendship with the king, who he fought in two military campaigns with. When Elyas usurped the throne, Tyrus vowed to avenge his former friend, the original king. Tyrus chose to compete in the Lord Tournament, to try and gain a position from which to fight Elyas, if the chance ever arose. He one, and became known as the Lord of The Twin Reach.

Weapon of choice: Greatsword, named Blood Taker.

Strengths: His quick thinking, and ferocious nature in battle.
Weaknesses: His temper. He is know for jumping into situations due to some perceived slight.
Notes:
Last edited by United Human Planets on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:20 pm

United Human Planets wrote:Name: Tyrus Willun

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Not loyal. Tyrus fought against Elyas in the rebellion, and was good friends with the original king.
Appearance:(Image)
Personality: Grating and angry, Lord Tyrus Willun is not very popular among the other nobles of the kingdom. However, his straightforward personality has made him popular with his subjects, who have come to greatly appreciate his honesty. His anger only truly extends to the other nobles though, his nature towards his family is warm and kind. He is known to rarely raise his voice with them, or show any true anger or malice.

Biography: Tyrus was born into a minor noble family, with little chance to move anywhere beyond where he was. From a young age, he was noted to be angry and aggressive, which was a constant issue for his parents as they tried to move their family into new positions in life by making alliances with more powerful family's. When he was 17, he inherited his entire family's entire holdings, when his father and mother died in a storm at sea. He changed his family's way of surviving, from instead asking and flattering for things, he began to threaten and take. This made him popular with his soldiers, and by the time he was 22, he had managed to raise a large army. His new found power was both his greatest strength and weakness. It made him powerful, and able to take without having to deal with the unpleasantness of courts and noble pursuits, but at the same time made him to comfortable with starting fights. When he was 23, he married his wife, Marey, who came from a small house. She was the only one willing to take his hand in marriage, most other women afraid of his aggressive nature. She soon found out however that when family was concerned, Tyrus was a very different person. Kind and loving, she soon found that there was no one else who she would rather have married. They had two sons, two years apart, before having a daughter.

Tyrus soon found a friendship with the king, who he fought in two military campaigns with. When Elyas rebelled, Tyrus fought with the previous king. When they lost the war, Tyrus chose to compete in the Lord Tournament, to try and gain a position from which to fight Elyas, if the chance ever arose. He one, and became known as the Lord of The Twin Reach.

Weaknesses: His temper. He is know for jumping into situations due to some perceived slight.
Notes:

Fix one thing so I can accept it. There was never a rebellion Elyas killed his brothers and father and usurped the throne. Also, my character and yours are going to get along very nicely!
Last edited by Albertae on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:22 pm

Albertae wrote:

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Not loyal. Tyrus fought against Elyas in the rebellion, and was good friends with the original king.

Tyrus soon found a friendship with the king, who he fought in two military campaigns with. When Elyas rebelled, Tyrus fought with the previous king. When they lost the war, Tyrus chose to compete in the Lord Tournament, to try and gain a position from which to fight Elyas, if the chance ever arose. He one, and became known as the Lord of The Twin Reach.

Notes:

Fixe one thing so I can accept it. There was never a rebellion Elyas killed his brothers and father and usurped the throne.

So I see... Ill get right on that.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:23 pm

Notes:

But on an other note, you could join the Division a secret organization that wants to remove the king.

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:24 pm

United Human Planets wrote:
Albertae wrote: Fixe one thing so I can accept it. There was never a rebellion Elyas killed his brothers and father and usurped the throne.

So I see... Ill get right on that.

Your character hates the King and so does mine. We both had relations with the dead King so an alliance will most likely be reached early on during the roleplay.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:26 pm

Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:

Notes:

But on an other note, you could join the Division a secret organization that wants to remove the king.

Don't worry Anglo we will secretly be conversing with the Divison I hope he will aswell it is just that we can not be known to be put with you guys or we would be tried for treason.
My Political Compass:

Albertae
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Albertae » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Loyal to the King? Why or why not?: Not loyal. Tyrus was good friends with the original king, and vowed revenge against Elyas when he usurped the throne.

Tyrus soon found a friendship with the king, who he fought in two military campaigns with. When Elyas usurped the throne, Tyrus vowed to avenge his former friend, the original king. Tyrus chose to compete in the Lord Tournament, to try and gain a position from which to fight Elyas, if the chance ever arose. He one, and became known as the Lord of The Twin Reach.

Notes:

Approved.
My Political Compass:

United Human Planets
Ambassador

Postby United Human Planets » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 pm

The Division sounds like something that Tyrus would be a part of. Cant say if he would be well liked though. But, if war breaks out, Tyrus has an army, so he cant be all that bad. :p
Last edited by United Human Planets on Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anglo Saxon-Franko
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Anglo Saxon-Franko » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:28 pm

Albertae wrote:
Anglo Saxon-Franko wrote:But on an other note, you could join the Division a secret organization that wants to remove the king.

Don't worry Anglo we will secretly be conversing with the Divison I hope he will aswell it is just that we can not be known to be put with you guys or we would be tried for treason.

Haha well my character is the captain of the Kings guard and the leader of the Division haha

The Praetorian Empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Praetorian Empire » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm very much interested. Just one question before I throw up an app. Are there any non-human sentients in this realm? I'm not talking about anything too out there. Just the usual fantasy stock. Dwarves, Elves, Orcs, yadda yadda.
Formerly Khanastan; the Praetorian Empire is set in the same geographical region, only around 200 years earlier.

The Praetorian Empire is a PreT nation set in a world going through an age similar to the Victorian Era - a world of Great Powers, Imperialism, Political Revolution and Technological Advancement where the capitalist machine is beginning to stir into action and when nations were at their largest and grandest. If anyone wants to roleplay a time in that era, feel free to TG me.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse