NATION

PASSWORD

Brussels Terrorist Attack: ISIS Claims Responsibility

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Herargon
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Herargon » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:24 am

WikiPlay wrote:I'm from Belgium. I do ask myself how 3 bombs around their body isn't even detected by airport security???

The glass from the airport was bullet free glass, just to give you a idea.

This is a very good promo for IS, to recruit the syrian refugees that try to reach the UK and remain outlawed by Belgium. A good target for criminals... :twisted:

Europe did fail anyway: with the Empire of Brussels. They even outlawed fertilizers like calcium nitrate "as terrorists are hobby chemists" - according to Europe. Listed: Nitric acid is outlawed, hydrogen peroxide is outlawed,... -> result ??? No hard evidence given by the EU. All these restrictions are bad for the economy as nothing seems legal anymore for the natives.

The result of this european law : multitone scale of so called "hobby chemistry bombs" :lol2: . According to Europe, with Brussels as unilateral Empire.

Europe DID failed.
- airport security check ???
- They banned fertilizers by law (EU) based on "no sources available" = FAIL
- What to do with the illegal Syrian refugees in Belgium. How to solve that problem if the police does nothing ?

This is international and organized crime, politics can do nothing, police and even the army was everywhere - also before this explosion.

First of all, there never has been an empire of Brussels. Brussels is merely the capital of the EU, period. It is not an institution for 'Belgians' to rule the EU.

Secondedly. As you could tell yourself, nothing ever is 100% successful in doing something. Not even airport security. You could try to refine it, but that comes at the cost of privacy. Even if I, personally, were to be bombed, would refuse an infringement upon my privacy. Security is fine, as long as it doesn't infringe privacy.

They also actually have an airport security check in Brussels. If you travel a lot internationally, then you do know that.

Fertilisers banned? That is not the case. If ''no sources are available'', with that, they mean that they can't directly trace it and thus it could be unreliable.
If somebody were to make a fertilise himself and just export it, that is forbidden, because you don't have a license to it. And likewise, is what they maybe say.
In short, you're taking things out of context, and denuancing them.

Fourth... about the refugees. I've asked this question myself sometimes and now, but have you done so too? ; what if, your country overnight were to be in a war with for example Germany and France, and the entire city you've lived your whole life in, is in ruins? What if your friends maybe are dead? What if you deem your privacy important, but your security and that of your own family as well? You only want to flee to a safe heaven. After a few years of ongoing war, you decide you can't return to Syria, because it's still dangerous there. Thus, you have to find yourself a good place to live in, to earn as much money as possible, so you can use that one day to rebuild your old, cosy family home in Syria.

Besides, most of these Syrian refugees are either Christian Arabs, highly educated Syrians (those earn more money and thus can make the travel; the poorer remain at home in a devastated home), and/or government workers.

And then you come in Belgium, and the first thing you notice is that everybody outside the immigrant centre, is unfriendly towards you. ''What have I done wrong?''.
You of course are sad at that. And angry at the terrorists that bomb Brussels. Because due to that, people will look even more negatively towards you, for nothing. And because you know you will get it hard. Because you are angry at these terrorists. But can't do anything against them. It's upon the people that rule the country you reside in, to decide whether you stay or go...

Herargon
Pro: tolerance, individualism, technocratism, democratism, freedom, freedom of speech and moderate religious expression, the ban on hate speech, constitutional monarchism, the Rhine model
Against: intolerance, radicalism, strong discrimination, populism, fascism, nazism, communism, totalitarianism, authoritarianism, absolutarianism, fundamentalism, strong religious expression, strong nationalism, police states

If you like philosophy, then here you can see what your own philosophical alignements are.

Ifreann wrote:That would certainly save the local regiment of American troops the trouble of plugging your head in ye olde shittere.
How scifi alliances actually work.

Preussenstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Preussenstan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:24 am

Uxupox wrote:
Preussenstan wrote:So, no true Muslims. Do not forget that Al.Baghdadi is an Israeli actor.

Are you serious?

That are rumors going among Muslims, but they do not have evidence.

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:25 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Europe as a whole is failing at every turn. They're literally giving these terrorists a free pass to infiltrate their country.

And people wonder why so many Britons want to leave the EU.

The problem with the current system is that the EU governments generally believe there's nothing wrong with radical Islam, but rather the radical right. They differentiate between the two at the expense of national stability. They are pointlessly playing favorites, and when you try to point this out, you are typecast as a mere Islamophobic nutjob with no case.

The EU nations have only themselves to blame for all this, really. Just is sad the average Joe's gotta bear the brunt of it all as usual, though.

Yeah, it's astonishing really. They care more about Syrian refugees then they do about the safety of their own people. I've never seen countries so willingly screw over their own people.
The Alliance of Unified Governments
I, Pencil
Yes, nuking Japan was justified
"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor." - Bernie Sanders
Remember, people once rioted over pumpkins

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:26 am

Preussenstan wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:ISIS claimed responsibility apparently.

Religion of peace

So, no true Muslims. Do not forget that Al.Baghdadi is an Israeli actor.

And here we have the conspiracy theorist.
I, Pencil
"When you’re white, you don’t know what it’s like to be living in a ghetto. You don’t know what it’s like to be poor." - Bernie Sanders

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:26 am

Unified Governments wrote:
Ganos Lao wrote:
The problem with the current system is that the EU governments generally believe there's nothing wrong with radical Islam, but rather the radical right. They differentiate between the two at the expense of national stability. They are pointlessly playing favorites, and when you try to point this out, you are typecast as a mere Islamophobic nutjob with no case.

The EU nations have only themselves to blame for all this, really. Just is sad the average Joe's gotta bear the brunt of it all as usual, though.

Yeah, it's astonishing really. They care more about Syrian refugees then they do about the safety of their own people. I've never seen countries so willingly screw over their own people.

I'm not referring to the Syrian refugees.

I'm referring to the Saudi backed radicalized imams who preach in European countries and capitalize on the migrant issue for their own gain.

The refugees are a mere symptom of the problem. Nothing will change if we continue to claim it is the problem.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Kautharr
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kautharr » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:27 am

Dahon wrote:So I went out to eat and shit. Apart from Ganos talking sense, Atelia trying to beat up a dead horse, and Kauthar being a... how do I put this lightly... well, a fucked-up dipshit jackass (if there's a reason said horse should stay dead, it'd be Kauthar), and various people making gasping noises -- what did I miss?

;( cyberbully!
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Our hearts were made for You, O Lord, and they are restless until they rest in you.” - St. Augustine of Hippo
Trump Will Make America Great Again
You are a: Conservative Anti-Government Non-Interventionist Ultranationalist Fundamentalist
Collectivism score: -67%
Authoritarianism score: -33%
Internationalism score: -33%
Tribalism score: 100%
Liberalism score: -100%
Political Compass: Social 4.71 Economic 2.19

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:27 am

Preussenstan wrote:
Uxupox wrote:
Are you serious?

Then why are you staying it as if it's a fact? Rumors aren't facts or evidence.
I, Pencil

Shaggy Dog Story
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Shaggy Dog Story » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:27 am

Luminesa wrote:
Shaggy Dog Story wrote:This just of course further muddied very dirty water already. Developed nations are already struggling with the complex issue of how to manage their twin responsibilities of a moral duty to aid in a growing humanitarian crisis along with their ethical obligation to ensure the safety of their existing citizens and residents while acknowledging the extremely thorny issue of the fact that while they make up only the tiniest minority of the Muslim community, radical Islamics are responsible for the bulk of ongoing terrorist activity and would love nothing more than to take advantage of refuge programs to allow their own operatives to sneak in and sew death and destruction.

I have no answer to that. I have no solution to navigate that. Better minds than I have failed. But it's one heck of a spot to be in.

It is. I certainly wish I had answers, but I don't. This is pure insanity and evil, all of it.

We should pray for the dead, the living, and also the politicians who have to write legislation and discuss this issue. Left, Right, Independent, whatever, they all have to fight with the issue of terrorism everyday, and it's an issue that I can only imagine shreds years off a man's life, from the monumental stresses of juggling those two duties you just mentioned. :(

I agree. And there's no clear good answer. We can go Trump and "ban them all" but ignoring logistical problems of identifying "them" means you're condemning people to die in ethnic purges. You can let them all in and allow more of this to happen. You can strive for some middle ground but terrorists don't actually declare themselves terrorist and aren't exactly in a database. Where do we draw a line? How do we reconcile this? I have no idea.

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:28 am

Ganos Lao wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Yeah, it's astonishing really. They care more about Syrian refugees then they do about the safety of their own people. I've never seen countries so willingly screw over their own people.

I'm not referring to the Syrian refugees.

I'm referring to the Saudi backed radicalized imams who preach in European countries and capitalize on the migrant issue for their own gain.

The refugees are a mere symptom of the problem. Nothing will change if we continue to claim it is the problem.

Are you referring to the radical preachers in Brussels?
I, Pencil

Ganos Lao
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 26, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Ganos Lao » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:28 am

Shaggy Dog Story wrote:
Luminesa wrote:
It is. I certainly wish I had answers, but I don't. This is pure insanity and evil, all of it.

We should pray for the dead, the living, and also the politicians who have to write legislation and discuss this issue. Left, Right, Independent, whatever, they all have to fight with the issue of terrorism everyday, and it's an issue that I can only imagine shreds years off a man's life, from the monumental stresses of juggling those two duties you just mentioned. :(

I agree. And there's no clear good answer. We can go Trump and "ban them all" but ignoring logistical problems of identifying "them" means you're condemning people to die in ethnic purges. You can let them all in and allow more of this to happen. You can strive for some middle ground but terrorists don't actually declare themselves terrorist and aren't exactly in a database. Where do we draw a line? How do we reconcile this? I have no idea.

There is no clear good answer, sure, but you can mitigate the effects now and then.

This nation is controlled by the player who was once Neo-Ixania on the Jolt Forums! It is also undergoing reconstruction.

Uxupox
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 13, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Uxupox » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:29 am

Preussenstan wrote:
Uxupox wrote:
Are you serious?

There is a rumor among some people that Obama is a lizard, but they do not have evidence. Does this mean they are right?
Economic Left/Right: 0.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.00

ConquerTheWorld
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby ConquerTheWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:29 am

All the paki niggers are afraid of me.

Preussenstan
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Preussenstan » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:29 am

Unified Governments wrote:Then why are you staying it as if it's a fact? Rumors aren't facts or evidence.

To emphasize that ordinary Muslims try to distance themself from ISIS, and this rumor (which is not true btw) is a result of this tendecy. Also, ISIS is not true Islam.

IndependentGreenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby IndependentGreenland » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 am

Nuke ISIS and deport the Muslims.
Last edited by IndependentGreenland on Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: Pro-Nationalism, Pro-pan-nationalism (pro-Europeanism), Pro-national or pan-European crusaderism, Pro-Christian identity, Pro-cultural conservatism, Pro-monoculturalism (pro cultural unity), Pro-patriarchy, Pro-Israel

Anti: Anti-Marxism, Anti-globalism/internationalism, Anti-multiculturalism, Anti-Jihadism, Anti-Islam(isation), Anti-imperialistic, Anti-feminism, Anti-pacifism, Anti-EU(SSR), Anti-matriarchy, Anti-racist, Anti-fascist, Anti-Nazi, Anti-totalitarian

Put this in your signature if you despise Marxism of all kinds:
[_★_]
( X_X)

Unified Governments
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Governments » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 am

Preussenstan wrote:
Unified Governments wrote:Then why are you staying it as if it's a fact? Rumors aren't facts or evidence.

To emphasize that ordinary Muslims try to distance themself from ISIS, and this rumor (which is not true btw) is a result of this tendecy. Also, ISIS is not true Islam.

There are ways to do that without spreading baseless and bigoted rumors.
I, Pencil

Saiwania
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 30, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Saiwania » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am

Lunalia wrote:It's still 200 years of borders that were defined differently than the original cultural groups' borders after the Ottoman Empire broke up.

If land can be conquered, it can be taken back. I don't see it as invalid for territory to change hands, the fact that it existed for 200 years or more as Ottoman territory is irrelevant. I bet the land that the Ottoman's conquered were apart of a previous state or several for even longer, but that didn't stop the Ottomans from annexing when they were able to. Now they don't get to complain if an opponent beats them and does the same as they would have done.
Sith Acolyte
Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken!

ConquerTheWorld
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby ConquerTheWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am

Fuck Muslims. They molest children and suck Muhammad's tiny penis. They should be exterminated like the Jews.

Napkiraly
Post Czar

Founded: Aug 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Napkiraly » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am

Updated to reflect that ISIS/Daesh has claimed responsibility. 31-32 have been killed well over 200 wounded.

Sorry for my absence, had to take a three hour power nap.

IndependentGreenland
Envoy

Founded: Aug 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby IndependentGreenland » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:31 am

ConquerTheWorld wrote:Fuck Muslims. They molest children and suck Muhammad's tiny penis. They should be exterminated like the Jews.

Agreed to a certain extent!
Pro: Pro-Nationalism, Pro-pan-nationalism (pro-Europeanism), Pro-national or pan-European crusaderism, Pro-Christian identity, Pro-cultural conservatism, Pro-monoculturalism (pro cultural unity), Pro-patriarchy, Pro-Israel

Anti: Anti-Marxism, Anti-globalism/internationalism, Anti-multiculturalism, Anti-Jihadism, Anti-Islam(isation), Anti-imperialistic, Anti-feminism, Anti-pacifism, Anti-EU(SSR), Anti-matriarchy, Anti-racist, Anti-fascist, Anti-Nazi, Anti-totalitarian

Put this in your signature if you despise Marxism of all kinds:
[_★_]
( X_X)

ConquerTheWorld
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby ConquerTheWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 am

Muslims shall all be blown up with anti-aircraft guns. That would make a great video.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:32 am

Shaggy Dog Story wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Which is the last thing we want to come from this. Answer a humanitarian crisis by causing another humanitarian crisis, and it'll just set the world up in flames.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

ConquerTheWorld
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby ConquerTheWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 am

Muslims like to eat tiny penis. Because they are paedophiles and rapists.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 am

ConquerTheWorld wrote:Muslims shall all be blown up with anti-aircraft guns. That would make a great video.

Really? No...
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

ConquerTheWorld
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby ConquerTheWorld » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:33 am

Muslims should all be thrown in concentration camps and exterminated by drowning.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:34 am

IndependentGreenland wrote:Nuke ISIS and deport the Muslims.

Yes, kill everyone! Turn multiple kms of land into nuclear wasteland!

Deport people who had nothing to do with anything!

I Donald Trump! Me build big wall!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General