NATION

PASSWORD

WHF 23- New Sarum, Ethane [IC THREAD, CLOSED]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

WHF 23- New Sarum, Ethane [IC THREAD, CLOSED]

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:55 am

The Stage

The stage as used for previous concerts. As can be seen from the image, the stage is large, with room for plenty of dancers and other stylistic parts of your act. There are two large screens either side of the stage, which will be used to broadcast live from cameras across the hall, which will also be used to film for the broadcasting of the show in Ethane, on ENTV. There is a dipped area for the musical players to sit, and play, plus the stage does wrap around the edge of the concert hall somewhat as well, albeit not all the way around. Also, there is another stage area about quarter of the way into the hall, which can be accessed by the side walkways. The act will enter through the large doors in the back of the stage, shown on the image as the buildings, projected on the doors at the back of the stage. These open up in the middle to reveal an entrance for the acts.

As seen in the image, there are also plenty of lights to illuminate the stage for your performance. There is a wide range of coloured lights for the use of the separate acts, High-Definition screens, Pyrotechnics, Weather effects, 3d effects (projections onto the stage), fog effects and glow effects. Special for the World Hit Festival, the floor will also be able to be illuminated by glowing panels on the floor, which can be used by anyone, in whatever colour, or not used at all.

NOTE THAT THE CHAIRS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CENTRE

Brannigan Hall is the perfect venue for the World Hit Festival, with top-of-the-class technology, and stylish stage design. Named after an esteemed Ethanian diplomat, Finbar Brannigan, the venue is 2 years old, and has been used for many events in Ethane, including a sell out concert by Days and Days, who have reached the top of the Ethanian charts many a time. Holding 25,000 people, this venue has plenty of space for spectators, and tickets will be delegated to each nation fairly.

The venue is easy to reach, only a 10 minute walk away from the main train station, where a free shuttle bus service will be running from for everyone who can present a valid ticket. The airport is a 25 minute bus journey away, where trains will be running from to the train station, included in the price of the plane ticket.

For anyone wishing to stay overnight, the plane companies are offering an ''all-inclusive'' ticket, which will include a return plane journey, an overnight stay in a 3* Ethanian hotel, free food while in Ethane at top restaurants, a ticket to the World Hit Festival show, a backstage tour of the WHF stage, and free transportation around the city. Prices increase depending on how long you intend to stay in Ethane for.

Autumn Leaves- Amends
(To tune of Aquilo- Waiting (Live))

A large piano and a keyboard were in the middle of the stage. James and Matt both walked onto the stage, James to the piano, where he sat down, with a large microphone poised by where his mouth was, and Matt stood up behind the keyboard, again with a microphone by his mouth, to sing into for the occasional background singing. As James began playing, the audience became subdued, and the lights dimmed, leaving a peaceful atmosphere in the hall.

I’m starting anew,
Time to start a new page,
I know it was wrong,
That’s why I’m singing this song.
I hope you’ll believe,
Will you take what you see?
It’s us, that we need,
I want to remove all the weeds.

As the song moves into the chorus, Matt begins to sway side to side, and closes his eyes, feeling the power and passion of the music inside him. The audience remain silent, with the song having great impact on them.

I’m coming to conclusions,
I’m making amends,
I’m hoping for forgiveness,
For all the horrible things that I’ve said.

The camera zooms in on James, who launches into another verse. Matt begins to play the background sound on the keyboard.

I’m starting anew,
It’s what I wanna do,
The life that we once had,
I want it back, I’ve hope for forgiveness.

James launches into the next chorus with much more intensity and passion, moving in his seat as he forcibly plays each note. At the end of the chorus, Matt also joins in with the high notes in the background, singing with passion running through his veins, with his eyes shut.

I’m making amends,
For all the horrible things that I’ve said,
horrible things that I’ve said,
horrible things that I’ve said.

The lights dim slightly more, leaving a faint glow on the stage, just enough to see the 2 performers silhouettes on the stage. The song is played much more gently in this section, and the audience wave lights in the air.

I’m making amends,
For all the horrible things that I’ve said,

Into the final chorus, the lights once again pick up, with a slight increase in intensity from the previous chorus, as well as Matt joining back in with the background high pitched singing and keyboard playing. The lights increase in intensity slightly, so that the performers are once again more visible.

I’m making amends,
For all the horrible things that I’ve said.

As the song fades out, the audience launches to their feet, clapping and cheering for the two artists who had just performed. They thanked the audience, before leaving the stage.

Harry Judwell then walked onto the stage, the host for tonight.
‘’Good evening Ethane. I hope you enjoyed our special opening act for you tonight, we got them specially for you. You can find out more about them, Autumn Leaves is their name, by searching their name up on line. They are going on tour around Ethane soon, so keep an eye out for that too.’’
‘’Are you ready for the World Hit Festival 23 to begin, New Sarum?! Are you ready Ethane to be amazed?!’’ The crowd screamed in anticipation. ‘’Let the World Hit Festival’s 23rd edition in New Sarum, Ethan, begin!!!''
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:39 pm

RUNNING ORDER

1. North Saremilius

2. Normandy and Picardy

3. Estogium

4. Ethane

5. Anollasia

6. Schiltzberg

7. Aloquirbe

8. TÖdlichebujoku

9. Kalosia
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:43 pm

North Saremilius

Jeremy Lulwell- No More
Tune

Jeremy Lulwell is a new, upcoming artist in the music scene in Ethane. Having a genuine music talent, he quickly garnered many loyal followers on http://www.upcomers.co.eth, which supports new musicians, and has now expanded into the wider market. He has not released any music himself as of yet, apart from the songs he did for UpComers, as he is not yet on a professional contract, to make music. He is hoping that a strong performance here at the World Hit Festival, which is happening in New Sarum, in his own country, will increase his fame, and hopefully get the record contract that he has been vying for so long for, so that he may begin to release music professionally, and do what he has always wanted to do throughout his life.

Jeremy stood centre stage, looking straight at the audience. A solitary spotlight focused on him as he looked across at the expanse of Brannigan Hall, packed full of spectators from Ethane, and many other countries, who had come to witness this remarkable occasion. The crowds were cheering, as Jeremy took position on the stage, but became more subdued as the music began to play. The cameras showed Jeremy's face, taking up most of the screen, as it was zoomed in, from the back of the hall.

Leave me out of your life no more
No………. more……………..
Let me back into your home
oh…… oh......

A white, ambient, glowing light lit up the stage, brightening the atmosphere on the stage. Jeremy sang with more intensity as the drums kicked in, portraying him getting slightly more passionate about the message of the song, and suggesting he is almost begging to be let back. He swayed side to side while singing the lyrics, in time with the song, and with his eyes closed, really getting into the song. The camera shifted to an audience view, showing the subdued audience, and then panned back across to the singer towards the end of the section.

Because my life is a mess
after I…. left you….
No………. more…………….. more

The drum dropped out again. The white glow faded away to leave just the solitary spotlight on Jeremy again, showing a more calm atmosphere. The camera was once again focused on a close up of the singer, who had his eyes closed and was swaying to the music, really into the song.

Please let me come back to you
come back to you…….. ohhhh….

The drums started up again once again, to finish the song, and the ambient white light glowed across the stage again. Jeremy sang intently once again, opening his eyes, and putting as much effort into the last lines of the song as he could. The cameras remained on a close up of Jeremy has he sang the remaining few words left in the song, smoothly running over the words, in a calm, but experienced manner. He had something different to him, unlike many other artists.

No………. more…………….. more

The music faded out, leaving just Jeremy standing in the middle of the stage with the solitary light focused on him. The crowd remained silent, before slowly erupting into a volcano of cheers and applause.

''Thank you everyone. Thank you New Sarum! Thank you Ethane! I love you all! Keep an eye out for me!'' Jeremy shouted into the microphone, before casually walking off the stage to yet more cheers and applause.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Normandy and Picardy

Jon Kallsen - Al Chasen (WIP)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnVmDdLKuhE

Following the last couple of editions, BNRT have finally decided to put attention back fully into WHF, and this is obvious in the effort they have sent to New Sarum. Jon Kallsen is a popular artist in Normandy and Picardy, having found success after winning the first ever "Téol", and has since released 3 albums, all having reached number 1 easily. His style has changed over the years, and this song is far removed from his cover of classic Normand rock song "Mè Ador Es More" (My Love Is Dead). He is well respected in Normandy and Picard, having presented a host of shows and having commentated on WHF before Normandy and Picardy joined the competition, and so for him to be entering the contest is a big deal. Kallsen expressed his love for the contest, saying ,"The WHF is such a fun, lovely contest, and I really can't wait to be a part of it". Whilst most people don't expect Normandy and Picardy to win the contest, they have won the contest twice before and it is believed that BNRT wouldn't mind winning it again. BNRT also made the decision to enter a song in two languages, English and the Normand language, the first time Normand has appeared at WHF since Normandy and Picardy's first winning entry ,"Sene'ga". So, let's see what Normandy and Picardy have to offer...

The stage is pitch black before the song begins. As Jon begins singing, a dim light shines down on him, as he sing whilst looking extremely nervous - this is, of cause, for theatrical effect. He faces straight into the camera, which is focused on him. Outside of the faint circle of light, nothing can be seen.

Maudrés tè ador (Damn your love)
Tùise’sa egön enai (You kill me inside)
Besone’ga quépersonne adoral (I need someone to love)
Mé n’adorara jami’ga esön (But I will never love you)
Avio fé’sa erön enarveni (You did it again)
Avio völli’sa ma çora (You stole my heart)
Senés’ra tè étraið verené (Your love is poison)
Ne çéssaral al chasen (The chain won't break)

As the second verse begins, Jon is joint by a female actor in a cream dress and bedraggled hair. She grabs him from behind but he steps away and looks away from her, and the cameras turn to face him. The cameras follow him as he turns around, but the woman isn't there.

Voli'ga sele mèges et doliun (I only see lies and deceit)
Öet aviza'ra ja bone (Where there was good)
Pörtira obskura (Darkness reigns)
Sustendriza alper tè sumbras mè réves (Your shadow hangs over my dreams)

The woman reappears behind him, but he turns once more but this time he pushes her away, and she falls half in the light and half out of it, so only the bottom half of her body is seen. As Jon sings the last two lines of this verse, the woman gets back up and comes from behind, placing her hand on his face.

Mé main (But now)
Luchora'ga rurzi (I'll fight back)
Sené mèa pericha absepter (My soul is gone)
Mé sene'ga ikma starë (But I'm here still)
Senés’ra tè étraið mör (Your love is death
Ne çéssaral al chasen (The chain won't break)

As the brief instrumental takes place, Jon grabs her hand and pull her around in front of him, before - standing proudly - he pushes her away once more, but she quickly returns and grabs his arms, stopping him from moving them. As the next section, he frees his hands, and regains control of himself. The woman stares blankly at him as he sings, but as the section ends Jon pulls her close to him and holds her close.

Take my tears and go
There's nothing left to take
You've torn me apart
I feel so empty inside
I need some solace
If I could find
Somebody else
But you will always be there
And you know the chain won't break
It won't break

During the final climax, the light intensifies and grows slightly, enough to make a visible difference. Jon pushes the woman away again, but she runs towards him. Jon moves out of the way and she runs back into the darkness, before swiftly returning and holding onto his back, turning him around as he seems to try to 'wrestle' her of (wrestle isn't really the right word, as its much more graceful than that). As the song begins to calm down as it ends, the woman disappears back into the darkness, leaving Jon by himself.

Nothing died
'Cause there never was life
I should have known
I fell for your smile
And you led me
Into hell and back
And the chain won't break

As the song ends the stage becomes dark once more, and as the preparations are made for the next act Jon can be heard shouting "Marci esa, Kulaatsa" (Thank you in Normand and Norgispel) as he leaves the stage.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:45 pm

03. Estogium
Britannia Willis - Novelty

(Singing) is the backing singers, usually in harmony to Britannia.

Britannia walked on the stage smiling. She was different to the usual World Hit or WorldVision singers. She wasn't here to be the best; she was here to make sure everyone leaves with an Estoge stamp on their faces. As beautiful guitar sounds were heard coming from one end of the stage, the stage turned a spring-time pink with falling petals scattered across the stage floor in a line like a red carpet. The audience watched as Britannia put her diamond encrusted microphone to her mouth. She looked confident.

Like an aeroplane,
Flying through a hurricane,
I know you're scared, but we're safe, You got me.
So don't be afraid,
You'll be here in the morning.

She held out her hand towards the audience as they turn on the flash on their mobiles to give off a star light performance.

So, do you hear my shout?
No? Babe, calm down.
We're protected from the storm,
I'll hold you tight and keep you warm.

15; Hours 'till you reach me.
I look at your picture like a novelty.
You're always there for me,
I light a candle to commemorate your

Emotions. Always up, not down.
But I, know the stage your in
It's like you're trapped in a snow globe,
Shaken about, and rained on

But when I am with you, you are with me.
You are my novelty, You are my novelty.
Clutch on to you, you on to me.
You are my property, and I am yours.

During the chorus, the stage turned to a snow theme with sparkles in the sky, which went well with the sound of the song. The audience was amazed at the star-gazing spectacle that both the song created and the stage projections. Britannia raised her hands in the air forcing the audience to look up at her hand and distance themselves in to the screens.

You amaze me, literally
Your courage overwhelmes me,
You're to good for me, But I like to live on the,

Edge, like no one can.
To me, it's a flash in the pan
We know how much you mean to me,
I know how much I mean to you..

Looking at you (Holding on to you). Focused on you (I'm Holding on you)
You are my novelty, You are my novelty.
Clutch on to you (Holding me tight), you on to me (All day and night)
You are my property, and I am yours.

You are mine, I am yours. (Yeah!)
My novelty, I am sure. (Ooh, I am yours)
Clutch on to me, I'll hold on to you

You're my novelty.

Ahhhh...Oh...
Clutch on me so tight...
The sparks in your eyes shine so bright,
It lights up the whole night.

During this quiet bit, the sound dies down as the camera zooms out from looking really closely in to outwards, but as the drums were heard, the camera zooms back in at a very fast pace before real 15m sparklers were set off in the arena stretching across the audience.

I am with you (I am with you)
You are with me (You are with me)
You are my novelty!
You are my novelty!
Clutch on to you (Clutching)
You on to me. (Squeezing)
You are my property.
I am yours!!!!

Under a wave of sparklers, the audience in the main section waved their hands in the air as when the looked up, tiny red sparklers flied above them like shooting stars while the people looking down on them witness a bed of a sparkling orange ocean. The view was magnificent as the camera waltzed from one angle to the next. Britannia walked towards the front of the stage where she waved her hands.

(My novelty) Yeah! (I am sure!) You're my novelty!
(Your novelty, Let's explore) Oh, Yeah
(Our novelty, Our Novelty!) Standing with you!
(My novelty) Yeah! (I am sure!) You're my novelty!
(Your novelty, Let's explore) Oh, Yeah
(Our novelty, Our Novelty!) Standing with you!

As the sparklers finished, the stage turned pitched black with a spotlight only on Britannia and the backing singers who have joined up behind her. The audience still screaming from the lovely sight and the camera facing Britannia exhausted.

Novelty.

"Thank you, Ethane!" Shouted Britannia down the microphone with a lot of energy left inside of her.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Ethane

Skyline- Upside
Tune

Skyline are fairly new in the singing world. Made up of 1 male and 1 female singer, they have an interesting style of song, and are aiming to differentiate themselves from other groups and singers, with the unique style possessed by Skylines. Having released 1 EP, which did extremely well online, they finally got noticed by a recording company about 12 months ago, after their song Technicolour Beat, which was a single released online 13 months ago. They are heading off a tour after the World Hit Festival, to debut their album, and they scheduled this in as the first stop on their tour, as their recording company saw this as a good place to kick off the debut album, which contains this song, a song that will be released in to the Ethanian charts immediately after the conclusion of the World Hit Festival. The rest of the album will follow on, with a release every few weeks, before the album is released at the end of this process.

Both are standing centre-stage, arm in arm, ready to begin the performance. An ambient light shines across the stage, making the stage glow white. A spotlight is focused on the two singers on the stage, as the music begins to cheers from the audience. The camera pans across the audience, before zooming in on the two singers as they begin to sing. When the singing begins, blue lights shine across the stage, moving up and down in a pendulum style motion, moving the light around the stage and across the audience.

You feel the pain inside but,
that’s not all to life,
There’s another way to go,
You’ll find something new to do.

You look so sad and tired,
Pessimistic and upset,
But there’s another way to go,
But there’s another way to live.

As the intensity of music increases into the first chorus section of the song, the dull, blue lights, which are moving slowly, change to a yellow colour, and begin to move around much more, at a faster speed, and with many more flashes, to portray a move to a more positive tone in the song away from the negative tone in the verses. The two singers begin to move around the stage, in a dancing style motion, with choreographic dancers moving around them, in a gradual, calm, unified manner. The ambient white glow also changes to a yellow colour, with a kids playing and laughing on the screen behind.

Have a look at the upside,
You know it’s true, It’s best for you,
When it’s dark, think of sunshine,
Do something new, You will get through
No storms can hurt you,
Whatever happens to you, you should know
It can’t hurt you, It can’t hurt you,
To have a positive view, oh oh.

As the song descends back into the verse, the lights change back to the dull, blue colour again, with the flashing stopping, and the movement slowing down drastically. The singers are once again back in centre-stage, with a spotlight shining down to them, and the choreographic dancers fall to the floor at the start of the verse, where they remain until the end. The 2 singers look at each other while singing towards the end of the verse. The cameras filming switch between different perspectives of the performers.

Your life seems such a misery,
Your outlook is so bad,
It seems you can’t see hope,
You should change your views a bit.
To you it seems like everything,
is falling to the wind,
But don’t let the thunder in,
Cause there’s another way to live.

The choreographic dancers rise to their feet as the singers start to move around the stage once again, gracefully circling around them and dancing while they move. The lights are back at a higher intensity again, with the colour yellow once again rather than the blue of the verses. The children playing and laughing on the LED screen at the back of the stage come back on, and the mood is once again happy and cheerful.

No storms can hurt you,

Almost all the lights switch off, with only 1 large spotlight on each of the singers, large enough so that the choreographic dancers circling around them can still be seen. They move back towards the centre-stage as they sing the bridge. Towards the end of the bridge, they are back centre-stage, but with more space between them, so that the dancers may continue their routine.

Looking out at the moonlight,
No love left in the world,
You saw no joy in the starlight,
But there is always another way to,
If you look at the upside,
If you look in a different way,
You see the stars are twinkling,
There’s better ways, you know.

The singers remain routed in centre-stage this time, with the dancers dancing around them. The lights once again change to yellow, and increase in intensity of movement and flashing and brightness.

No storms can hurt you,

The lights begin to fade out entering the outro of the song, dimming away as the music fades out completely. The choreographic dancers continue dancing to the end, until the music stops, and then they fall to the floor, leaving only the 2 singers standing up to sing ''oh oh''

No storms can hurt you,

''Thank you New Sarum, Thank you Ethane! Such amazing people, we love you all, see you all soon.'' They then departed the stage.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:51 pm

5- Anollasia
Loco - Lover
Tune: U2 - Mofo

Loco, born Dursun Malinowski, is an Anollasian pop and electronic music artist. He was born in Northton in 1988 and after failing miserably in school, threw himself into the music industry. He released 2 albums (Loco [2012] and Hi NRG [2015]) and a few singles (most notably this song). Despite being particularly flashy and enthusiastic, he is not that well known, one reason may be because the general public prefers more "tasteful" music and he is considered trashy. He is hoping to prove himself in the World Hit Festival.

As the song starts with synths, there are flashing lights, and spotlights and lasers moving around in accordance with the music as a light show. About ten seconds in, Loco appears in a tuxedo and sunglasses like the ones in the photo above. He is shuffling forward, toward the microphone stand at the front of the stage. He is also moving his arms in a way that imitates a locomotive. Around 27 seconds in, he stops for a few seconds and then kneels backward, flailing his arms around (like in The Matrix). He then stands upright and moves his body a bit and then kneels down. He then gets up and shuffles to the microphone stand. He grabs the microphone and starts singing in a raspy voice:

Looking for the same woman to save my soul
Looking at her faces where my interest grows
Looking for the feel that made me whole

He makes some hand/arm gestures, like rappers do while rapping.

Lover
Lover's my lock, stock, and barrel

The next line is in falsetto and he kneels down a bit as if he has some difficulty reaching that high of a note.

Lover

There is some trash thrown onto the stage, which Loco dodges and does a flip forward after "coming in for a crash". The bracketed are background vocals, which happen to be fairly distorted. At "looking" he picks up a wrapper that is part of the trash thrown on the stage. He unwraps it and a baby doll's leg is revealed, which he shrugs and throws behind him.

Oh no, space junk
Coming in for a crash
(Little by little)
(Little by little)
Got locked, locked, locked by my folks, since I'm so, so rash
(Little by little)
(Little by little)
Looking for my baby's pieces inside my trash
(Little by little)
(Little by little)

Lover
Lover
Lover, baby
You're my lock and lock, and stock, and barrel

Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover

Loco then proceeds to lie down on the stage, holding the microphone to his mouth. He manages to slowly remove his bowtie with one hand while singing:

Lover
Am I still your hon?
You know I waited so long
To hear you say so

Loco now unbuttons the top part of his white, collared shirt, revealing part of his muscular chest.

Lover
You left me too soon
Now I'm still attracted
No one else tells you so

Now, Loco shakes on the ground before pausing and getting up. He removes his sunglasses and throws them to the audience while continuing singing the following. He points his finger at the audience at "drown out the words", kneels down and clenches his fist at "father of this cruel world", gets up and swings his arms around at "gonna sway", and does more rapping gestures at "still looking for the face".

Looking for a sound to drown out the words
(Little by little)
(Little by little)
Looking for the father of this cruel world
Gonna sway, gonna sway
Her to come back to me
(Little by little)
(Little by little)
Still looking for the face that hit me before my mind was made
(Little by little)
(Little by little)

Lover
Lover

Lover's my lock, my stock, my lock, my stock, my lock, my stock, and barrel

Lover
Lover, you're my lock, my stock, my lock, my barrel
Lover

Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover
Lover

Soothe me lover
Move me lover
Soothe me lover
With a whisper
Soon, my lover
Move me lover
Show me lover
Show me lover

The song fades out and the audience cheers. "Thank you, love you all!" shouts Loco into the microphone, which he drops onto the floor and leaves the stage with swagger.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 pm

6- THE GRAND DUCHY OF SCHILTZBERG

The Patriots -- "In Cubs Country"

The Patriots are a band of patriot Schiltzbergers that love every aspect of Schiltzbergian culture, including baseball. Many of their songs are about baseball, and this is a song about a baseball team that has not won a championship in 108 years. The band members are Johnny Red-Tail, Jim Dollar, Lucas Bush, and Philip Schiltzbierg, and they do vocals, guitar, bass, and drums, respectively.

"In Cubs Country," in the tune of "In God's Country" by U2.

The band members come out dressed in suits that represent the flag of Schiltzberg from head to toe. They are careful not to touch said suits to the ground, as this would be disrespectful. Johnny Red-Tail runs up to the mic as Jim Dollar plays the opening guitar solo.
Yeah

In make believe
In the land of make believe
Cubs give and don't receive
This time, we'll make it right

The Cubs will win
I believe the Cubs will win
From years of melancholy and sin
The Cubs will win the fight

Johnny, who had been sort of squatting down, stands up and sings passionately into the mic now, as Jim sings harmony.
Rings gleam, pennants fly
In Cubs country
Foes weep, opponents cry
In Cubs country
Yeah....
Yeah....

Johnny takes a lap around the stage, getting the crowd to stand up.
Rack up the teams of weary
Leaving Cub fans choked and teary
With tears of joy for the Cubs' World Series
The W flag flies at full height

Emerging from years or dormance
108 years of dormance
Just as many to follow of performance
It's the party of the century tonight

Philip Schiltzbierg gets enthusiastic with his drumming during the next chorus:
Rings gleam, pennants fly
In Cubs country
Foes weep, opponents cry
In Cubs country
Yeah....
Yeah....

The number 14 of the famous Cubs player Ernie Banks, who died recently, flashes on the screen. Johnny Red-Tail sings:
Lay at rest!
Yet, I say, be impressed!
By you, the Cubs are blessed
Blessed by the fate of good luck
Yeah....
Yeah....

The band members take running starts and dive into the crowd, and the people get freaked out. Suddenly, it all goes wrong, and fans start ripping off articles of the band members' clothing and taking them as souvenirs, but luckily the song was over, so there is not too much of an issue, except for the half-naked band members. The people who tore their clothes off are taken into custody and charged with disrespecting a Schiltzbergian flag, which is a finable crime.
Last edited by Ethane on Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:55 pm

7- Aloquirbe
Unconquered - Agosté Rieno

Following a disappointing WorldVision Song Contest, Aloquirbe is ready to redeem it's self by sending pop-star, heart-throb, Agosté Rieno. Agosté is a 21 year old male who was born in Alosable, Aloquirbe, ABEN. Growing up, Agosté enjoyed watching both the WorldVision Song Contest and the World Hit Festival. After hearing that both Estogium and Aloquirbe drops out of the 45th WVSC, Agosté was crushed and instead signed up to represent Aloquirbe in the World Bit in Ethane. He said, "If I [Agosté] win or come top three...maybe give, I will definitely represent Aloquirbe in a bigger stage. But first, we must conquer World Hit Festival. How are we going to do this? Well, I release a new song and its going to be called 'unconquered' which tells a tale of me and my «Friend, male» through our bad times and our high times. Its something Aloquirbe should be proud of."

Agosté has been working so hard to reach this moment. And here he is. Singing "unconquered" is Agosté. Agosté was on the stage. The stage was dark and ominous. A dark figure came crawling out of the darkness. He was wearing the darkest leather you could imagine. The camera focused on the mouth-watering male as the crowd roared at his famous smirk. His white teeth bounced on to the surface of everyone's eyes as he started singing. He had a headset on, instead of a usual microphone. Loud Violins were heard and a light focused on them as he sat on the floor.

I'm running through a jungle,
I am lost and I am losing time
I'm trying to find the pieces,
The ones that got lost back in my mind.

Agosté then got up from his seating position and walked towards the audience. The stage, though still dark, have off a dark blue and purple with the odd shining star; similar to what the universe looked like - Beyond the Milky Way. The crowd looked at the male as he sung to the lucky hopefuls at the front row of the World Hit.

I mustn't give up right now,
One step away and I could find the key.
I've got a lot of chances,
And I won't go back to the start...

As the song started to pick up speed, a white beam was shone on to the audience. The violinists stopped playing their violins and took of their suits. They then changed in to leather, similar to that of Agosté. As more light beam began to show, the violinists came behind Agosté in an arrowhead shape. The camera pondered from side to side as the stage turned in to a pandemonium.

Start...start.
Unconquered!
We're the Kings,
Unconquered!

Agosté winked at the camera and gave off a smirk which captured the heart of both women and men. Agosté then looked at the crowd and sang to them; especially the one holding the Aloquirbic flag up. The lights flickered as the chorus finished.

Though obsticles blinds us,
We shouldn't fuss,
Everything we will do,
We'll be (be, be)
Unconquered

Let's fight 'till the end, baby.
Die for your friends to
Conquer the worlds we can gain,
We'll (be, be, be)
Unconquered.

Slice away the branches,
The gates of heaven should be let open.
Don't look at devil,
We need to keep your heart serene.

I mustn't give up right now
Won't go back to the start.

Though obsticles blinds us,
We shouldn't fuss,
Everything we will do,
We'll be (be, be)
Unconquered

Die for your friends to
We'll (be, be, be)
Unconquered.

When he started to sing that last part, he kneeled on the ground and held the hands of teaching fans. Singing to them like a lullaby at night. The spotlight was focused on this as the audience waved the Aloquirbic flag.

Ooooh Ohhhh Unconquered.
Ooooh Ohhhh Don't stop us.

Still kneeling, the stage turned a great red colour and sparklers were shot high in to the top of the arena.

Die for your friends to
We'll (be, be, be)
Unconquered.

Ooooh Ohhhh Unconquered.
Ooooh Ohhhh Victorious!

As the song came to a dramatic end, the lights dropped at the audience applauded. As the lights restored he rose and waved. "Thank you Ethane! Thank you very much!"
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:56 pm

_08. _TÖDLICHEBUJOKU_

Aiiiyaraiiiliiya

Serra Saari & Baixo

Vocalist Serra Saari and producer Baixo have come together for a collaboration funded by Viisi Vanhaa Maitomiestá xD. Baixo's work has been actually somewhat well-known in certain circles centered on light dubstep, while her fellow entrant Serra is relatively unknown. With SterGo100's temporary absence from the contest, how well will the startup broadcaster do in their first adult World Hit Festival? The fate of their first entry in JWHF2 still lies undecided in what appears to be a temporal anomaly in Bloodbath Generation, so the result of this entry is quite important to the two brothers (also the only two employees) of Viisi Vanhaa Maitomiestá xD.

Serra stands, and incants
Aiiiyaraya aiiiyaraya aiiiyaraya yariya rayaii yara ya raiiiya
Aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya

Mist covers the stage floor
Aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara... ya raiiiya

Lights strobe about
Aiiiya

Green and read lazers flicker about as incense smoke and mist are pumped through the stage and over the audience
Aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya, aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya
Aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya, aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya

Serra is joined by dancers, and they perform a ritualized dance. The smoke and mist make it so that only their silhouettes are visible

Baixo descends on a platform, which creates a whirlwind that whips up the mist and fog. She is lit only from below, creating a ominous effect
Aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya, aiiiyaraiiiliiya rayaii yara ya raiiiya...

All the lights dim except for those lighting up Baixo's face from below, then even those cut out

"Thank you, New Sarum," is whispered from throughout the venue before the lights come back on. When they do, the stage is completely empty, as if it had never been used.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:58 pm

Kalosia
L'Užol - Dario & Marianë
"The Bird", performed in Kalosian to the tune of Geta Zyamlya by NAVI
Kalosian pronunciation guide

Dario and Marianë won Festival di Melodi Kalosiana 17 with this song, and have thus been sent to New Sarum, Ethane, to perform their entry. They have decided to keep the performance simple.

The two of them are standing on the stage, each with their own mic stands. As the song starts, the background screen turns a light, pastel blue. Every once in a while bird figures can be seen flying across the screen.
blue = dario, pink = marianë, black = both
Gardo alto a’l celo
Vedro ten formo u un nobë
Šu un užol vol’a kelkë postë
E ja rikordo nušën storia

Uhu, uhu
L’užol volë su lë celo grande
Cerše per l’amurë këlo trovomt
Uhu, uhu

Hey!

Uhu, uhu
Komë lë terra tokë l’ožeanë
Tu, užol, enkontrin ten koplia
Uhu, uhu

Volël kon lë spiranzë
Komë ja kadë te enkontro

Vjagël tuta di lë monda
E tu, užol, farin un vagabond
E tu farin un vagabond

Uhu, uhu
Uhu, uhu

Hey!

Uhu, uhu
Tu, l’užol, enkontrin ten koplia
Uhu, uhu

The background screen became a darker, duller blue.
Volël e ceršel nušën amurë
Nuša krurom, užol, kë trovin

It returns to the original pastel blue, but now the stage lights are flashing to the beat. Everyone on stage is clapping, and the audience joins along.
Uhu, uhu
Uhu, uhu

The stage lights return to normal.
Uhu, uhu
Tu, l’užol, enkontrin ten koplia
Uhu, uhu

Uhu, uhu
Tu, užol, trovin nušën amurë
Uhu, uhu

The song ended. The pair said "Thank you Ethane, we love you!!!" and then left the stage as it was being prepared for the next act.

I look up into the sky
I see your figure in a cloud
There’s a bird flying somewhere
And I remember our story

Uhu, uhu
The bird flies across the great sky
Searching for the love we found
Uhu, uhu

Uhu, uhu
Like the land touches the ocean
You, bird, will find your pair
Uhu, uhu

Fly with hope
Like when I met you
Travel the whole world
And you, bird, will become a wanderer
And you’ll become a wanderer

Uhu, uhu
Uhu, uhu

Uhu, uhu
Uhu, uhu

Fly and search for our love
We believe, bird, that you’ll find it

Uhu, uhu
Uhu, uhu

Uhu, uhu
Uhu, uhu

Uhu, uhu
You, bird, will find our love
Uhu, uhu
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 pm

Interval Act
Last edited by Ethane on Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 pm

• VOTING ORDER:

• Kalosia
    • Ethane
    • Schiltzberg
    • North Saremilius
    • Estogium
    • Normandy and Picardy
    • Aloquirbe
    • TÖdlichebujoku
    • Anollasia
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:58 pm

Kalosia Votes

01 Estogium
02 Tödlichebujoku
03 Aloquirbe
04 Normandy & Picardy
05 Ethane
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:03 pm

Ethane Votes

''Good Evening New Sarum. Here are the votes from Ethane''

1 point - Kalosia
2 points - North Saremilius
3 points - Estogium
4 points - Aloquirbe
5 points - Normandy and Picardy

''Thank you, and goodnight!"
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:05 pm

Schiltzberg Votes

1 point - North Saremilus
2 points - Aloquirbe
3 points - Ethane
4 points - Estogium
5 points - Anollasia
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 pm

North Saremilius Votes

''So, New Sarum, our friends in Ethane, here is the North Saremilius votes for this WHF 23''

1 point - Kalosia
2 points - Normandy and Picardy
3 points - Schiltzberg
4 points - Ethane
5 points - Estogium
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:11 pm

ESTOGIUM | VOTES

5. North Saremilius,
4. Aloquirbe,
3. Normandy and Picardy,
2. Kalosia,
1. Todlichebujoku.
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:14 pm

Normandy and Picardy Votes

"Hello WHF, thank you for the wonderful, if short, show. We've loved every minute of it. Here are our votes."

5pts - Kalosia
4pts - Anollasia
3pts - Ethane
2pts - Todlichebujoku
1pt - Schiltzberg
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:16 pm

Aloquirbe Votes

5 - Normandy & Picardy
4 - Schiltzberg
3 - Estogium
2 - Anollasia
1 - Ethane
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:17 pm

TÖdlichebujoku Votes

Ludolf Gerst, co-founder of Viisi Vanhaa Maitomiestá xD

''Hello, New Sarum. Here are our votes, as determined by a Shardtrix poll:
1- Anollasia
2- Ethane
3- Kalosia
4- Normandy and Picardy

and finally,
5 points to Aloquirbe!
Me toivotamme voittajalle paljon mainetta ja onnea! Go Serra Saari ja Baixo!!!''
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:20 pm

Anollasia Votes

Kate Arslan, indie folk singer and guitarist

''Hello to the World Hit Festival! Here are the Anollasian votes!
1 point goes to Tödlichebujoku!
2 points go to Ethane!
3 points go to Schiltzberg!
4 points go to Kalosia!

And finally, the 5 points go to...Normandy and Picardy!
Congratulations! Now, goodbye!''
Esportivan and Proud.

Ethane
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:39 pm

Final Scoreboard

1. Normandy and Picardy - 28
2. Ethane - 20
3. Aloquirbe - 18
4. Kalosia - 16
Estogium - 16
6. Anollasia - 12
7. Schiltzberg - 11
8. North Saremilius - 8
9. TÖdlichebujoku - 6

''Congratulations Normandy and Picardy, you have won the World Hit Festival 23rd Edition in New Sarum, Ethane''
Esportivan and Proud.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates